• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Ye' Old Pokemon Roleplay

K6-Unit

Just a Typical Icathian
So Pokémon, there used to be all kinds of roleplays based around it in the past; but as of late I haven't seen anything really BIG based on that kind general idea. Then again, I'm sure interest in that game/show has faded since then. My idea is that we try to rekindle this old flame. I've got a general idea as to the area or kind of region that this roleplay would be based in if this does come to fruition. In the mean time, this type of roleplay will probably be based moreso around a typical adventure. No evil teams, just bad people. (Maybe) A small group is what I had in mind, maybe 5 at most. Maybe in an area similar to Iceland, we'll see where this idea takes me/us depending on what interest this thread manages to drag out.

I’m down. Count me in! I help with whatever I can, and will provide however many characters you need. (:

Depends. Will we be playing older teens or kids?

I would prefer at least playing a young teenager and not a ten-year-old.

Last edited:
Depends. Will we be playing older teens or kids?

I would prefer at least playing a young teenager and not a ten-year-old.

Alright so the premis thus far is moreso along the lines of 'of age young adult/older teenagers' youngens are permissible but somewhere between the age of 14 to early 20s at most.

Incidentally I may just rewrite the entirety of the whole 4 moves thing into a memory basis based on the power of moves and the stage and strength of the pokemon.

So if anything somewhere along the lines of... Let's say you have a Chameleon but you want to figure out the move cap on it. We'd multiply its base stats by .01 and then multiply it again by the what the form of it is in its evolutionary line. Since it's a second form pokemon we'd multiply the last outcome by 2 to get the memory cap.

So in this case:
(405×.01)x2

Which would net you a memory of 8.1

Last edited:
Incidentally, I do plan on putting a memory cost on moves depending on their base power and usefulness depending on how well recieved this idea is.

Incidentally, I have a couple questions posed for those who are full heartedly going to give it their all when it comes to participating in this roleplay.

1. Should we make our own small Pokedex of fakemon where I attempt to big brain stats and moves?

2. Should we have gym leaders and if not, should we leave it to the nature of the island to decide who is able to surpass their individual challenge/how many do you think we'll need as it will be a relatively somewhat 'mediocrely' sized map?

3. Do you want there to be custom starters or, everyone starts off with with a basic stage pokemon from a 3 stage non pseudo legendary line?

Also based on the geography of iceland, expect to see a lot of water, ice, fire, rock, and flying types.

Incidentally, I have a couple questions posed for those who are full heartedly going to give it their all when it comes to participating in this roleplay.

1. Should we make our own small Pokedex of fakemon where I attempt to big brain stats and moves?

2. Should we have gym leaders and if not, should we leave it to the nature of the island to decide who is able to surpass their individual challenge/how many do you think we'll need as it will be a relatively somewhat 'mediocrely' sized map?

3. Do you want there to be custom starters or, everyone starts off with with a basic stage pokemon from a 3 stage non pseudo legendary line?
1. Sounds exhausting honestly. But if you want to, that would be really interesting? I could help where I can but I’m not he best with stats.

2. We could have gym leaders, or trials, I think sticking with the typical eight or at the least six would be good.

3. Either. If we go with the fakemon custom starters would be good. If not, basic starters would work better.

1. I think sticking with the already established pokemon is good. No extra work and the mechanics are already there.
2. I'm down for anything trial, gyms, or challenges like the orange islands.
3. I'd be good with a basic starter but ideally open it up to any stage 1 non pseudo legendary regardless of how many total evolutions it has.

I'm interested. In response to your questions:

1. Fakemon would be OK but maybe with a small, limited amount.
2. Some sort of trials would be good to judge the growth of our characters. Maybe just a tournament if we don't go with the gym leaders.
3. I'm with M Joc Casl that so long as there are no pseudo legendary or evolved pokemon it doesn't matter which pokemon a trainer starts with. I think the point of have the three fire/water/grass starters is to ensure the trainer has a least one powerful, three form pokemon that gives a starting trainer an advantage.

I'm letting some days go by to see who decides to stay and who decides to go. Incidentally I'm also trying to weave Icelandic stories, places, mythology, and fauna into everything but there's technically always room.

In response to the questions:
1. I don't really think so, it would be too much work and also just feels wrong.
2. Maybe we could have a mix between island trials from Alola and gyms?
3. Starting out with any 2 or 3 stage pokemon that's not a pseudo-legendary sounds alright.

I'm interested!

As for the questions:

1: I wouldn't do the fakemon, just make up a pokedex of existing pokemon.

2: I'd like to see a new system. Probably still somewhat like the gyms, but with some new flare to it.

3: I think our starting should be a mix. Some people could be on the road for some time with stronger pokemon, others could just be starting. It'll make for a better dynamic for character growth and make it easier for other people to join the RP late.

Incidentally I may just rewrite the entirety of the whole 4 moves thing into a memory basis based on the power of moves and the stage and strength of the pokemon.

So if anything somewhere along the lines of... Let's say you have a Chameleon but you want to figure out the move cap on it. We'd multiply its base stats by .01 and then multiply it again by the what the form of it is in its evolutionary line. Since it's a second form pokemon we'd multiply the last outcome by 2 to get the memory cap.

So in this case:
(405×.01)x2

Which would net you a memory of 8.1
Just an observation, by this logic, Slaking would have a memory of 20.1, while Arceus would only have a memory of 7.2. So you might have to adjust it so that all final stage pokemon, including one stage, would have a multiplier of three. Just a suggestion though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back