Other Y'all Ever See A Potato Bug Before?

So your Potato Bugs are Jerusalem Crickets

Satan's spawn of nightmare bugs
Bro I looked them up to see why so many were in my yard and somewhere along the lines I discovered that people PHUCKING EAT THEM AKXJSKDJSK -

I had a run in with that I freaked out myself it looks like straight out of a horror movie cross with those mutants that were bathed by radioactive materials. 😢

Crickets are actually really crunchy

The cheese ones are the better type

I had a run in with that I freaked out myself it looks like straight out of a horror movie cross with those mutants that were bathed by radioactive materials. 😢
Oop- day sucks if that ever happens to me-

I'm fascinated by insects and arthropods, and literally went to school for 3 years to study them with no intention of ever using the degree to make money. It always really tickles my fancy when humans talking about how gross bugs are.

Bugs aren't gross, they're absurdly clean.

You (along with every other person) are gross. Your animal superpower is being able to sweat out of your entire body at once, and since your skin is attached to your muscles (unlike say, every other animal on the planet) it needs to be kept supple and so along with sweating, you exude grease and oil out of everywhere as well.

Ever watched a housefly for a few minutes? Notice how it washes itself like 30 times in the span it takes you to cook some spaghetti-o's?

You will never get dirtier while handling an insect (gastropods are another matter). You will get cleaner and the insect will get dirtier.

I'm fascinated by insects and arthropods, and literally went to school for 3 years to study them with no intention of ever using the degree to make money. It always really tickles my fancy when humans talking about how gross bugs are.

Bugs aren't gross, they're absurdly clean.

You (along with every other person) are gross. Your animal superpower is being able to sweat out of your entire body at once, and since your skin is attached to your muscles (unlike say, every other animal on the planet) it needs to be kept supple and so along with sweating, you exude grease and oil out of everywhere as well.

Ever watched a housefly for a few minutes? Notice how it washes itself like 30 times in the span it takes you to cook some spaghetti-o's?

You will never get dirtier while handling an insect (gastropods are another matter). You will get cleaner and the insect will get dirtier.
Its not so much gross for me its more.. CREEPY! They freak me out. And for what ever reason when I hold something creepy I say EW! I said ew when holding a plastic skeleton today XD ..it looked fucking real as shit man...

Its not so much gross for me its more.. CREEPY! They freak me out. And for what ever reason when I hold something creepy I say EW! I said ew when holding a plastic skeleton today XD ..it looked fucking real as shit man...

I get it. I get the same feeling when someone makes me hold a baby. :P

I was drawn to this post by the title, and my first thought was "That's not a - oh, wait".

Apparently calling members of the Armadilladiidae family "potato bugs" is specific to one region in the US. With everybody else, I have to explain that no, I don't mean that cricket thingy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back