Other Y'all ever apply for more rp's than you can handle?

Sylvio

My mind plastered to your screen
Roleplay Type(s)
This is a bad habit of mine. I always apply for at least 4-5 rp's when I can really manage like 2 or something. Then when all of em are active I sorta just phase out of most of em without saying anything and than I just get a little pissy at myself for not managing myself better and setting limits

Not anymore. I remember one time, not here, having ten going at one time all multiple paragraph roleplays. Needless to say I stopped that quickly. You probably should take only what you can. Definitely set a limit going forward, maybe two at the most. If you're feeling overwhelmed just let your partners know you have to stop writing I'm pretty sure they will understand.

Not really, I don't take up new rp unless I know I have time for them. For example, if my current rp are with slow reply schedule and I have some free time, I could take another one. But if all rp are active then no, should control yourself.

Setting limits is a good idea. If 2 is comfortable for you, set it no more than 3 at once, if they have slow replies, and no more than 2 if they have fast replies. Unless one of the rp dies out don't take up more.

I think when I first started rp’ing I did. I started when I was 13 and after my first one ended, I joined like 4 of them. I was still new and constantly had to re—write my posts because I I was constantly god-moding and breaking rules.

By the the time I got to high school though I could handle that many and Senior year I could handle 8 rp’s: 3 of them were super active all day and the others were less so. Low-key Senior year for most homeschoolers we just do nothing and tell the state we are doing school lol.

But now that I’m in college I could probably handle like 2.

Yep. I post my interest to multiple threads and see what sticks. I've never had the issue of being too overwhelmed because, unfortunately, plots sometimes die even before I post a character.

Once I post a character, I'm committed until something comes up. I try not to post a character unless I know I have time to spare for a roleplay, but I never treat interest checks as if the number of people responding are actually the number joining the RP. That's why it's an interest check!

I think when I first started rp’ing I did. I started when I was 13 and after my first one ended, I joined like 4 of them. I was still new and constantly had to re—write my posts because I I was constantly god-moding and breaking rules.

By the the time I got to high school though I could handle that many and Senior year I could handle 8 rp’s: 3 of them were super active all day and the others were less so. Low-key Senior year for most homeschoolers we just do nothing and tell the state we are doing school lol.

But now that I’m in college I could probably handle like 2.

Same! Well, right now. I kept making so many posting mistakes. Still am. I joined on Friday so I'm a noob.

Same! Well, right now. I kept making so many posting mistakes. Still am. I joined on Friday so I'm a noob.

Oh welcome to the world of rp’ing then. Don’t worry too much about your mistakes, as long as you are learning from them and actively becoming better. Are you just new to the site or is this your first role playing experience?

I have a hard time breaking apart form things once I've started, and my policy is to give everyone a chance unless I know I absolutely can't handle it. That said, most of the time it's less that I have more RPs than I can handle, and more like I suddenly can't handle the number of RPs I have because IRL stress has caused me to have freezes or because I'm getting too distracted all the time, and suddenly find no time to actually post or my life finds itself troubled.

I have a hard time breaking apart form things once I've started, and my policy is to give everyone a chance unless I know I absolutely can't handle it. That said, most of the time it's less that I have more RPs than I can handle, and more like I suddenly can't handle the number of RPs I have because IRL stress has caused me to have freezes or because I'm getting too distracted all the time, and suddenly find no time to actually post or my life finds itself troubled.

Yeah I think thats the number one reason people find them selves with more rp’s tan they can handle. I cant even count home many times people have dropped out of rp’s I was in because of stuff irl. I my self have done it too, sadly.

I used to because they were so many things I wanted to do, then I realized that if I didn't have the time, then I couldn't give my 100% to them. So now I'm a bit more selective as to what I really want to write. But to be honest, I missed those times when I just applied to everything and I somehow made time for all of it.

I have 4 going and somehow it works out. Probably because everyone is on different schedules and replies when they can. I just like to give people chances and experience different styles. I just hope I can make some long term partners on here. I had one I met in middle school, but by the time I graduated highschool we hardly spoke because of life. I'm getting back into rp after a years long hiatus and I feel that dabbling in a few different rps kinda helps me get back into the groove of things.

I kinda do it all the time, but most of them are 1x1s and I make it pretty clear that I can only manage like one reply a week... so it's not too bad

Most of the time

Yeah all the time lol
When I first started RPing, I think I joined like 15-20 RPs at the same time. (To be fair, they were all one-liner, low-effort RPs.) Even when I started getting into more ""advanced"" stuff in which I wrote a lot more, I struggled to break the habit of having a metric ton of RPs at once, so yeah... it was a mess.
Lately, I try my best to measure how much free time I have (right now it's a lot since I currently have no life) and how many RPs I can manage within that. I've been getting a bit better.

I have the same problem, because I have a hard time saying no to people who want to roleplay with me, even if I don't think we're a good fit so I just eventually lose my will to roleplay because of it. :(

I have the same problem, because I have a hard time saying no to people who want to roleplay with me, even if I don't think we're a good fit so I just eventually lose my will to roleplay because of it. :(
I have a reeeeally hard time saying no to people as well. But I think it's a good idea to just tell them "I'm sorry, I'm a bit swamped with RPs at the moment and am not looking for more, but thank you for your interest!" or even "I'm sorry, I don't think our writing styles mesh very well, but best of luck searching for RPs, and thanks for your interest!" Idk. Something like that. Really polite and nice, saves you a lot of stress and obligation, and if they get offended... then at that point, that's their problem and not yours lol. Nobody should get offended over something so polite like that.
And I totally get it, it's still hard, but I think sending a nice message like that is the best option in order to save your mental health lol

I’ve done it before, because I try to be intelligent. A lot of roleplays that get planned never get started, or get killed early on, so I’ll sign up for more than I can handle expecting a few to not make it off the ground, and then they all do. I’ll usually attempt to keep up with all of them, which just makes me lost motivation for them all. I’m definitely avoiding doing that as much as possible.

I always expect like half the roleplays I apply for not to get off the ground. If by some miracle they all do I'll just let people know - Hey I can't keep up with this roleplay because I've overbooked.

Actually never had anyone get upset or anything when I do this, (was a little worried the first time that I might hurt the persons feelings).

Instead by and large they're just glad I'm not ghosting and tell me to give them a call if I get a free moment later.

that exactly defines me

i constantly feel bored, therefore i constantly join rps, usually around 4 or more depending on plot

that or maybe it just so happened that the plots are very very interesting to me

There was one point where I tried to commit to maybe 4 or 5 at a time. One was suppose to be a collaboration when it came to the plot and lore, but someone else took the wheel and it just wasn't fun after that point, and it ended up being super demanding. I was already too far in to drop out. The only one I wanted to play in at that time was the slowest one... ;;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back