• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Yalandor: Project “Withstand”

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Dr.Nekoshu

Confuse. Improvise. Overcome.
68F3C8F5-34EC-4AD0-85A8-359FE8D2EC4F.jpeg
Yalandor has been the historical site for many of Drassabel’s most pivotal moments throughout history. It has been the site of many assassinations of powerful individuals, the site where a few wars were started, and the site where magic first began to hide itself away from the growing human populace. But through all of it Yalandor remained strong, the capital of the realm of Drassabel. Resting upon the main crossing of the River Drass that had once upon a time brought life to the whole of Drassabel as it flowed directly through the center of Yalandor, coming down from the mountains to the north-east. Now Yalandor stands to see another pivotal moment in history, a group of people with no name or a singular face have risen in the streets of the capital. A resistance to face those who currently rule over Yalandor and the majority of the realm of Drassabel. They are made of your common man, an everyday citizen from the streets, a high-roller here on “business,” and the occasional back-alley arms dealer.
They have risen up to face the Corporations that have survived alongside Yalandor time and time again, feeding off it whilst keeping it alive. These Corporations are easily recognizable even to those new to the realm, their names having spread far and wide for their products. These names are that of King’s Command, a leader in luxury items of all sorts, whether that be vehicles ranging from a sports car with repulsor-lift technology to ensure not a single bump is felt, from the smallest of things like a scarf supposedly made by what remains of the Elves from the western forests of Hildren. Another is the Knight’s Corp, a company known for their sturdy and reliable materials used in projects across the realm to ensure the safest of products both for buildings and more dangerous things such as much of the weaponry they proudly boast about. Then lastly we have the wondrous Wizard’s Way, masters of the mechanical and technological, as well as the magical to the best it can be understood since its diminished presence in the realm. Each well-known and seen as seats of power throughout the realm and perhaps the continent, maybe even the world.
Now, we see where the story begins, no it is not with the Resistance per say, it is with a secret group made and gathered by these corporations. Powerful individuals that most would be lucky to cross and live if the Corporations wanted something they stood in the way of. Project “Withstand”, Androids… Mostly mechanical beings made in an attempt to imitate life to the fullest, and attempt to become as powerful as those of The Court, the gods of the realm, by creating life. Though from different corporations these Androids have been given a sense of family from both their main creators and heads of the project, affectionately known as Mother and Father. Each corporation pooled resources into this project, perhaps they saw a bigger threat in the Resistance than they currently posed, perhaps they merely wanted a chance to test their latest technology on a group of dissidents without the knowledge of the populace at large. Either way the group of 5 Androids quietly stood within the ruins of the older inner-city, surrounded by stone and wooden buildings, blacksmiths, taverns, shops and houses all harkening to the days when Yalandor was ruled by a king, but now almost all but dust and rubble as the city worked to incorporate it into the newer age…

Project “Withstand”: First Official Combat Test…
Time: 8:00PM

As the five stood silently under the crumbling ceiling of what must have once been an old shop, the leader of the group, one Elias Vexxial codenamed “Enforcer” took a glance out the rotted doorway into the vacant and quiet streets outside into the dark night as the glow of the newer city streets was distant. Then turning back to his siblings he smiled at them and began to speak. “Welcome to the field. As Mother and the Corporation know this is our first outing together as a family, they have given me the go-ahead to provide a briefing whilst we prepare near the target area.” His smile was soft and gentle, much like the face of a man proud to see his old friends from younger days. “We are out here to pinpoint the location of a Resistance post here in the old city, scans performed via drones and reports from scout teams from the Knight’s Corp say that there has been a significant amount of irregular activity for this section of the old city. Partly due to this area being cordoned off for new construction and improvements, and the notice in a frequent lack of building supplies most of which stand on the more technical or mechanical side of things.” He gave a moment for pause before moving on with his briefing.
“While this could all be explained by squatters who were missed in previous sweeps of this sector, or merely a scavenger or two ballsy enough to steal from the corporation… Neither truly explain the number of missing worker-class drones sent in to start improvements, then later discovered to be dismantled, destroyed, or even unlocated and perhaps in the hands of an unknown party.” Elias gave a soft chuckle and looked over his siblings, admiring them in their combat gear. “Lucky for us the Corporations hves not merely sent us out on a scouting mission to search for what is hidden within two city blocks of our location, and if you have not gathered by the requirement of your combat gear for our first mission. We are also here to eliminate the post, and to be specific our orders are to eliminate any personnel that may pose a threat, gather any and all intelligence we may find within the post whether it be data-files or older files, then destroy anything that could be recovered by other resistance members not currently on site. So we are running a No-Mercy mission, but as leader I do have plans, that if at all possible. We will capture one of these members alive and bring them back to labs at King’s Command for interrogation." With that he took a moment to straighten himself up and stand in a rather regal fashion, arms behind his back, chest pushed out a small amount and his head lifted slightly to the right. Then once more he spoke to his team. “So before we begin our search in the night for the post, are then any questions about your mission goals, our plans, or anything else that can be answered now?”

Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler L Libero CkSmalling CkSmalling Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Daniel aka Unit-0 stood silently, watching, analyzing and cataloging the information being presented before him, placing his hand over his mouth area he let out a hhhhmm , moving past Elias and then commenting. "If you wish to capture a personnel then perhaps I should redress for the situation, as it stands I'm currently equipped for a direct frontal assault but if I don my other armor, I could preform in-depth recon and pluck a member while they are in the chaos of the assault, no one would notice a member going miss since they would assume death." Unit-0 then turned back to everyone, more specifically Ellias, his crimson orbs, gently shining back."That is still your decision, this is just a suggestion." He turned his back to everyone again and kept looking outside with a vigilant gaze. In his head, he is running scenarios on what resistance they could expect from the perpetrators but there is no worry as Unit-0 is confident him and the other androids could clear this out quickly."Should we expect any viral attacks, sir?" This question for Unit-0 was a mixed of concern and frustrations as cleaning out a virus infecting an androids systems was time-consuming and messy, the concern part is because he doesn't want to see his fellow androids die on his watch.

During Enforcer's breifing Simon, a.k.a Seeker, couldn't help but admire the group's surroundings. Standing in one of the oldest parts of Yalandor Seeker had to quash down the urge to explore all of the near by ruins. To many this place was a crumbling, derelict waste of precious space. To Seeker this place was a thing of historical beauty, a look into the lives of the human's ancestors and a testament to how far they'd come. It made his artificial soul ache at the thought of it all being uprooted.

....Wait, wasn't he supposed to be listening to the mission briefing?

Upon realizing that he'd drifted off Seeker focused back onto the present...just as Enforcer mentioned this would be a "No Mercy" mission. The mage droid frowned from behind his mask while his amber eyes gave off a conflicted gleam. And here he was hoping this would be a recon mission. Don't get him wrong, Seeker knew at some point he'd be sent to take out Resistance member, it was what he was designed for after all. It's just...the thought of taking lives still made him recoil a bit. Despite his mask it was easy to spot Seeker's unease from his crossed arms and rigid posture.

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian
Elias looked towards Daniel as the Medic spoke, he did have a point but Elias was to ensure that corporate goals were followed ahead of any he gave the mission. While he was acting Leader out in the field, he did act on behalf of the Corporations as commander of this Project. So with that in mind he began to answer Daniel. “While I do see the reason behind your suggestion and the advantage it would give us in ensuring we capture a member of this Resistance. Orders from command are that this is a No-Mercy mission, and that we are here on their business. Not our own for the time being. So while your suggestion has been noted and is respected, our orders are the same and mine are second to the Corporation’s. Thus you should remain in your support gear to ensure no mishaps happen during the possible battle, it would be a shame for you to be hurt on our first family-outing.” Elias gave a joking grin to Daniel, he had no doubt that He would be able to achieve what he said but for now this was company-sanctioned business, and above all was to remain such until the time of completion and return to the headquarters at King’s Command.
But then Elias’ mind turned to the possible viral threat present at the site, he had been given the gathered information at a lone briefing by Command before they all headed out here, so he knew what might be awaiting them. Though of course, it was all speculation.
“Well from what I’ve been told and the possible variables present. It is possible that there would be a viral threat present at the site. Part of this is supported by the fact of the still missing drones possibly in the area, as while we have dismantled and scrapped drones, we still have the ones unaccounted for. Whether this merely means they were taken after being disabled or were hacked and given a command from another source is unknown. But that does remind me to mention what threats we may face on-site…” Elias’ voice began to trail off as he glanced over the group, noting the difference in body-language belonging to Simon. “Please excuse me Unit-0…”

Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler
Elias turned from Daniel and slowly walked over to Simon, he had noticed the change in attitude of the Seeker and as Leader he had to ensure everyone was running in top shape and not too distracted as to improve the chance of risks during the operation. So standing near his brother he tilted his head and looked the Seeker up and down. “Simon? Is everything alright? I know you have more things running through your mind in a different way than the rest of us given your… Soul.” Elias spoke the last word in an almost skeptical tone, he was an Android the concept of a Soul was still foreign to his programming and thought processes. He was made to remain active until disabled or otherwise out of commission, so this concept, while explained to him by one of the lab techs from Wizard’s Way, it was still a unique concept. “I don’t mean to pry either. I just need to ensure you’ll be running well during the operation. I wouldn’t want you to get hurt surrounded by something I know you’d love to study.” Elias gave Simon a polite smile, though his oaken eyes did show visible concern… He had been briefed on the volatility of the former Seeker prototypes after all. Knowing one’s team was as much a key to victory as was knowing one’s enemy.

Seeker smiled behind his mask, touched at his leader's concern, however he decided not to bring his feelings to light. The mage droid neatly filed away his unease at the back of his processor. It would be dealt with later. Immediately Seeker forced his posture to relax and arms to swing down to his sides.
" While your concern is appreciated brother mine, it is unnecessary," the mage gestured grandly to a group of ruins nearby, " I'm just a bit disappointed I won't get study this precious piece of history on this fine night."
Then Seeker placed his right hand under his chin before continuing in a tone that contained both thoughtfulness and cheer.
" Perhapse once this business is over I can irritate the powers that be at Wizards Way until they let me come back here in my own time," Seeker mused.

While Unit-0 was disgruntled by being denied, he understood that the goals of the Corporations were the team's goals and so he should try to uphold them more, he figures this sudden shift for improvisation was probably because of his time spent as private eye for the people but it is time to shed that facade and become the support this team needs. The android Medic knelt against the decayed wall and placed his SMG on the gnarled wooden floor, the Medic decided that quick self-checking would be ideal. He placed his right hand on the weapon and began turning it over, his ruby colored orbs lit up as if he was looking at the gun under a microscope, trying to find any faults that could jeopardize him or his team. He found no faults in the SMG but checking it eased his mind as failing his role because someone at Wizard's Way couldn't be bothered to do a check the gun would make him bust a circuit.

Deploying his three drones, the android Hacker had no need to touch or take them apart as he could simply request their internal diagnostic system to send him any information regarding their functionality. Being satisfied with their reports, Daniel shifted his attention to Elias and Simon, one of the drones created a small hum as it sprang to life and float over to them. "You'll be arguing from a position of power because of your status as a functional prototype for a concept Wizard's Way is all too keen on perfecting so it should in theory be easy for them to grant your request." Daniel spoke with a deadpan tone."And before you ask how do I know? Some of my sources that I forged when I am a private investigator informed me of vague details about the project but as vague as they be, I still had to exercise my secondary objective and that is to protect the corporation and its' interests; meaning some informants had to be silenced... permanently." This time, Daniel used the drone as a proxy for his voice to speak to Elias and Simon.

Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

Elias gave a silent nod to Simon’s reply, it was one he had foreseen to be a point of interest. It was Simon’s secondary objective to catalog anything that could contain magical or historical significance for the Corporations after all, or to be honest one of the main reasons he had been made after all. But either way, Elias was glad to note that this was the only problem as with time this could be solved. Then Daniel chimed in, or to be accurate one of his drones did on his behalf, this was something that Elias was not surprised by, technically living within King’s Command he saw many such things. It was a luxury company on the surface after all, people using drones or robots to act on their behalf in some way was a common occurrence. But he did bring up a good point. “Unit-0 is right Seeker, you do have sway with Wizard’s Way as the first working prototype of the Constructs. Anything that could give more data or help improve their production and planning for your model would be seen as a good use of your time and they’d likely encourage it.” Elias then chuckled and looked between Daniel and Simon. “Though Seeker… If this mission goes well without you getting any damage requiring a stay in a repair lab for an extended period… I could see what strings I could pull in King’s Command and the project itself to ensure you get some free-time to come out here. Supervised or not. It does do well to be part of the biggest player on field.” He gave a soft nod to the Seeker, then looked to Daniel with an approving look and nod in response to ensuring his secondary objective was still completed despite having lost a contact for his civilian job.
Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

With that check out of the way Elias saw fit to continue his briefing, there were still unattended items to address and inform the squad about. The most important were the possible threats they were about to face… So stepping back to the center of the room and taking back an authoritative stature Elias continued his briefing. “Now as I am sure you are each wondering, we will of course be facing threats within the area and to get the simple out of the way, the least dangerous among them will most likely be the unstable structures such as the one we are currently standing in. So watch any explosives, weapons fire, or any Melee weaponry strong enough to weaken the structures integrity. While destruction of the area is acceptable, it is something we are trying to avoid both for corporate interests and personal safety during this operation.” Taking a moment to pause he glanced out the doorway as he had believed his sensors had registered something nearby but it was gone before it was fully noticed… He’d have one of the Medics run a diagnostic check of his sensors before they headed out. But the confusion was evident on his face for a moment before he continued. “As far as intel suggest other possible threats are that of a virus used on the worker drones in the area to gain control or otherwise disable them. So please, if you feel anything out of the ordinary in your systems do report it over comms or in person to either Unit-0 or Fisheyes for a quick diagnostic to ensure safety of the squad and the project. Other threats related to this could be possibly corrupted worker drones. While they are your one-person mech-sized drones, they still pose a threat in close combat and any altering to their programming could make them more dangerous. We have also had reports of small arms fire ranging from reports of SMGs and pistols. While we do not know the caliber of the possible weapons, expect human resistance members that are armed and prepared to fight an invading group. Aside from that, can an eye out for possible traps rigged to the architecture, these people do excel in urban warfare and will use the city’s environment to their advantage.” With that Elias paused for a moment before giving a quick nod as to finalize his point, though of course there was one more thing.
Something Command had informed him of last minute.
“Ah, and before I forget… Command informed me before we left that we may be receiving support from another member of the project. So be on high-alert and watch your fire, we don’t need to eliminate a friendly and put to waste the corporation’s money. I have not been informed whether they are meeting us here or en-route to the post, or if they’ll wait until the fight itself begins. But I know we will be expecting them. That is all I have for our briefing, any other questions can be asked now as once everyone is prepared we will be heading out to search the surrounding city blocks in a group or two, maybe even solo.” With that Elias lowered his stance and stepped over towards a rotting wooden counter and began to set his weapons down for inspection, beginning with the twin energy-blades on his back.
Enum Enum L Libero CkSmalling CkSmalling

Fisheyes sat down crossed legged with his laptop on his lap. He would occasionally listen in to what the leader of the operation, Enforcer was saying but most of the time, he was too busy typing on his laptop to give Enforcer his full attention. He got the gist of it however, there were stationed here to find the location of a resistance group. Fisheyes wondered why he needed to be here. There was another hacker and medic here already, what would be the point of having 2. Fisheyes would much rather stay at his home where all his work is. However this were orders from the corporation and he couldn't deny.

'I'll be clear here, you muscle heads can take care of the tough work. If you need repairs, get in a safe place and I'll come fix you up. No way in hell I'm busting my ass to get to you in the middle of gunfire' , Fisheyes said to the group. 'Also, don't worry too much about viruses, I'll detect them and clear it for all of you if needed', finished Fisheyes. He said all that in a somewhat frustrated tone . He proceeded to continue typing into his laptop and adjusted his gas mask while waiting for further instructions.

Standing up with gun in hand, 0's drones returned to him and nestled themselves on the side of his belt, they shrunk their size as to not inconvenience 0 while they are not deployed. He heard the rest of the report from Elias but chose not to comment anything this time as he peeked his head through a hole in the wall, surveying the area and noting nothing noteworthy, he continued to survey but that was when he overheard Fisheyes' comment and took offense, turning around to lean back on the wall, 0 spoke. "Is arrogance safe/Unprepared are quickly dead/Vigilance is needed." He paused and took a deep breath with his artificial lungs."And if you do get injured, fish, I'll handle your repairs."

L Libero

Robert heard the entire briefing till the very end. Looks like the resistance or whatever they are called are causing major disturbance. A disturbance like that could make business negotiations go haywire as they could just as easily attack his business spots. He had carefully selected these areas as foolproof but not everything is constant. He had a new motivation, however trivial it may be. He listened on the suggestions of his new 'crew'. Saving a hostage is a very good move, but it will be better if they saved a high ranking official. And that is if he/she/it would be at the location they are going.

"If we are planning to keep someone or something alive..." Robert suddenly spoke"...it will be logical to save someone with access. Capturing a gunman would be pointless as they know nothing. If the higher up is an android, it is safe to assume they have a kill switch, in-case of any event that may happen. So blocking all communications should do the trick. And if it is a human, I believe shooting in the leg should be enough to incapacitate them."

He took out his knife and started playing with it. "Also, I would like to take a closer look at their weapons. In theory, there should be a makers mark on it. Finding a manufacture should narrow down whoever is supplying them with weapons. Cutting of the supplier should starve them for a while."

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu , Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian , L Libero , Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler

Elias continued to lay out his weapons, the swords laying neatly beside each other, next were his burst-fire pistols they were nearly obsolete as energy weapons were slowly taking over the market but even now people refused to accept it. Elias himself found a part of him feeling sentimental towards any weapon that dealt a physical push to anything it hit, perhaps it was his programming finding use in something that had a push to it he was CQC specialized after all. Finally came his “Last Stand” the high-caliber weapon he had chosen as his sidearm, it had so far served him well. That name it had earned from the lab techs that recorded his end of mission reports, as any that involved the elimination of the target often ended with Elias explaining that he had placed all other weapons back into their holsters and slowly pulled out his sidearm to deliver the finishing blow. He still found it strange that they would name it after something that seemed to entail it would be Elias’ own last stand, some terms he still did not understand.
With them all laid out Elias began to pick up his sidearm to examine it as Robert spoke up about what could be done to perhaps ensure a good use out of their possible captive. Elias pulled out the clip and examined it before sliding it back into the gun and ensuring it was cocked and prepared to fire, setting it down gently as he looked at the name of it etched into the side of the barrel. “All fair points Robert. But of course this is no mere uprising of vagrants as far as reports have given us. This is a Resistance, one that has shown to be of the very citizens from within this city as reports of the dead have shown. While it is possible that a mere gunman would know nothing other than the minor details of his mission, it could also prove true that he knows more than his station implies.” He gave pause as he picked up and examined his two primary pistols, doing the same examination as he did his sidearm. “But your words do hold weight. I do plan on doing the best I can to capture a member of higher-standing, human or otherwise. Though I can make do with even the lowliest grunt, everyone knows something or someone and that starts a chain, and every dead end just provides one less place to keep looking. Even then we do have the possibility of there being files and data here we can salvage to improve our chances at locating what needs to be found.” He then stopped and picked up one of his swords, moving it about slowly with a loose grip before he swung it to his left and gripped the handle tighter as the edge of the blade ignited with red energy. Then slowly turning his head towards Robert he nodded. “I will see what the salvage and cleanup teams are capable of recovering for your examination Robert.” With that he loosened his grip on the blade as the energy faded before he placed it back into the sheath on his back and did the same with the rest of his weapons, holstering each of them into place.
CkSmalling CkSmalling

THIS TERMINAL IS ON STANDBY TERMINAL ONLINE. UNIT 'LEVIATHAN' IS ON SITE AND HAS PINGED FOR RE-CONNECTION ACCEPT? y // CONNECTED, ACCESSING VISUALS.

The hunter, Leviathan, appeared. His expression was blank and dormant as he took a quick scan of his 'companions.' They were still preparing for the mission at hand. His optics took another quick read of the structural integrity of their target. He spent some seconds to review mission objects, ping necessary backup and support systems, and to make sure there were no issues with his operator. Everything appeared to be in order. What was odd about Leviathan was that he seemed incredibly disarmed compared to his compatriots. He had only a single heavy looking pistol at his side and a multi-tool. Although it was possible he could be carrying some extra ammunition, there wasn't any hint of other weaponry on his person. A mission of this scale required more than enforcer munitions.

The hunter stiffened slightly, finishing the remainder of his preparations in a minute or so. He began walking towards the sight with a single goal in mind; to slay any resistance that he came across. Any objectives his 'siblings' had was of little importance to him. His networking systems connected to them, but he figured it would be of little use to distribute orders. He didn't expect this job to be difficult, and every simulation Leviathan processed foresaw refusal of cooperation his teams part. It didn't matter, he was already seeing the end of the chess match before a move was made. He sent a ping back to the terminal.

MESSAGE FROM UNIT: Beginning Operation.

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu CkSmalling CkSmalling L Libero Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler

Well, since everyone seemed to be performing a weapon maintenance check Seeker did a check of his own. With eyes closed in concentration the mage-droid brought up a few stat to the forefront of his processor.
Magical Energy: 100%
Art. Soul Status: stable
Arcane Focus: undamaged

Seeker hummed in satisfaction as he dismissed the programs and opened his eyes. Everything was in working order, now all that was left to do was to wait for everyone else to finish up. Then Seeker noticed a man outside from one of the crumbling walls. He quickly took note of what weapons the stranger had on him and the direction at which he was walking. Hm, so either that's the back up from Corporate or a Resistance soldier. Either way, it would be rude to not say hi. Silently Seeker strode out of the room, making sure to pat Enforcer's arm on the way out ( after all if this turned out to be an enemy, better safe than sorry). Once he was behind the stranger he reached out with his magic, immediately feeling the slight warmth in his chest as Seeker activated the arcane focus with in, and found a water puddle on the ground to his right. He grinned behind his mask, this could prove an interesting experience.
And so with a raise of his hand Seeker made the water in the puddle rise before , with that same hand now pointing at the stranger, causing the liquid to lash out, whip like, towards his target. However, instead of an attack the cord of water wrapped around the stranger's arm like a piece of rope, intending on stopping him in his tracks.
"Hello there my good man," the mage-droid stated casually, as if he's were speaking to an acquaintance about the weather. "You're heading towards a rather dangerous area and while I can see that gun hanging off your belt it might not be a good idea to go off all by your lonesome,"
Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu Enum Enum

TERMINAL ONLINE

Leviathan stopped, eyeing the strange water formation gripping onto him. He looked at the offender with an odd stare, one devoid of real emotion. Without a second thought, Leviathan took hold of his multi-tool and disrupted the formation with a click of the trigger. The water let go of him, having no choice but to fall again. He placed the multi-tool back into its slot, and maintained his pace towards the target location. He stopped before the strange mage-droid. A quick scan allowed him to see what little information was on file. Leviathan opened his mouth and spoke clearly for the first time in a while.

"Hindering an official is a crime," he stated bluntly, "Do not interfere with my operations." His voice was deep and even. He seemed to be considering the possibility of an arrest, as though his own 'siblings' were part of the enemy. Without another word, he continued on to the destination. It wasn't long before he disappeared once again from the group. A map formed in his mind and remained in the neural network for further use. He was ready to wreak havoc.

Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler

He had to admit, Seeker did not expect his magic to be dispelled like that. The red head blinked as the stranger (one of his siblings, apparently) said his peace and walked off. Well...that happened. The man seemed to be even more of a robot then Seeker was, if that was at all possible. Now with a hand resting under his chin Seeker pondered. Go after the fellow or alert everyone else?

Fisheyes got impatient from all the waiting. His siblings were all getting ready, they armed their guns, equipment and whatnot while Fisheyes sat quietly on the ground. Since fisheyes didn't bring a lot of equipment, he only needed to check his pistol and make sure his laptop was working properly. He leaned back on the wall and closed his eyes until he was he was told by his sibling, Unit-0 or more commonly known as just 0 that vigilance is needed in the mission and that he would take care of his repairs.'Yeah, yeah whatever, being vigilant or not won't change the fact that I won't risk my life to repair you all', Fishyes then continued and said to 0, 'I sure hope so, the last thing you'd want is to lose your second medic'

Fisheyes continued typing on his laptop and scanned the surrounding area. After doing so, he decided he'd at least quickly check his equipment but bing the type of person Fisheyes it, he didn't bother doing a full check up. He looked at his pistol, took out the magazine and saw that it was fully loaded and put it back in. He trusted his pistol enough that it wouldn't malfunction. Getting bored from all the waiting he looked up at Enforcer and said, 'Enforcer, can we start already? What are we waiting here for? We're all ready aren't we?'

As Elias began to holster his last weapon, his sidearm to be precise he heard someone walking seconds before Simon gave a pat on his arm, Elias began to assume the noise was merely the Seeker but as he turned his head to look at his brother he noted the sound from outside and the location Simon was moving towards. Noting what the Seeker was likely doing he kept his sidearm unholstered and walked to the doorway to watch what was about to unfold. As this happened he examined the new contact slowly just from within the doorway’s shadow, hand gripping his sidearm tightly before he began to notice the clothing and insignia on the robot’s belt. His hand loosened its grip as he began to holster it, listening and watching closely as the Seeker and this new contact exchanged words. With how he was acting Elias questioned for a moment if this was even a member of the project but, he did notice the extra weight put into each step, at least more weight than anyone else here had in their step.
“Seeker…” Elias spoke up to get his brother’s attention before making a motion for him to come back towards the doorway. “His clothing says King’s Command and it wouldn’t surprise me if that gun wasn’t something the Corporations cooked up recently-“ As he spoke to the nearing Seeker he heard Fish speak up, and turned to look at him eyes narrowing for a moment before he sighed. “Alright everyone, finish up your final checks and follow me and Seeker. It seems our support has arrived and he knows where he’s going. We don’t need to miss out on the action, this is our outing after all.” With that Elias began to pull out the burst-fire on his right thigh and walk out the door and down the cobble street, following the path of their newest member on the operation. The post couldn’t be that far as it is and who knows, this fellow android could need all the help he could get. With this in mind Elias tapped the left node over his ear as his mask slowly began to form over his lower face, fully suiting him up for the fight ahead.

L Libero Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler CkSmalling CkSmalling Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Enum Enum

TERMINAL ONLINE

Leviathan's neural network pinged the other members of the team, warning them about explosive weapons. His marker was still open on the map, easily detectable by someone like Fisheyes. It seems he was already well inside and tearing through heavy resistance like a hot knife through butter. Retroactive moving quickly behind any outside defenses and busting through the main door with a shoulder-charge. The response was delayed, as inner guards weren't prepared for the sudden attack. The followup was quick, but Leviathan had his weapon hot long before the defense could react. Heavy rounds fired through the lobby, dropping anyone who wasn't behind immediate cover.

A pre-determined map of the building allowed for an efficient system for the operation. Leviathan knew the best route to take to eliminate as many resistance forces as he could by himself. He began his way down the hall, only to be met with three particularly brave human soldiers. The sudden attack of heavier machine gun fire forced the hunter to raise his arm and shift his plating. The view from his optics allowed anyone viewing the footage to witness as the flesh on his left shoulder shift out of place and encase the lower arm. The bullets ricocheted off cleanly, but they also prevented any easy return fire. Leviathan whipped up a new plan in seconds; he charged down the hall and used his free arm to smash one of the assailants into the wall behind him. Only a sickening crack could be heard as the human was crushed in various places against the concrete. Leviathan used the body as a distraction, tossing at one assailant so he could focus the other. The next steps were hard to follow; a jab to the neck, a quick-turn to line up two targets at once, and a quick-draw to put a round in them both at once.

Leviathan continued through the hallways, assessing himself in the process. He wasn't required necessarily to report to a medic if he was damaged, but it was still in his directive to notify teammates of any damage he might've sustained. Despite being operational, he pinged Fisheyes with a minor flesh damage report, then closed the network to focus on the mission. He wasn't certain what his 'siblings' were doing, but he didn't really care. He would be done soon, and so he pressed on.

L Libero

When Enforcer notified the group that they were ready to go, Fisheyes finally stood up and said 'Let's hurry up and get this done'. Fisheyes proceeded to follow Enforcer but was stopped in his tracks when his phone made a pinging sound. He took out his phone and checked it. 'A damage report already? The mission hasn't even started and someone got themselves injured?' said Fisheyes in an annoyed tone. He couldn't believe that he would have to repair a sibling already. Scrolling down to see what the report was about, it listed a bullet wound on the left shoulder of Leviathan . Fisheyes assumed it was their seeker let out a sigh and sent a message that said STAY PUT. Fisheyes then put his phone away and said to the group. 'We better hurry before our new sibling here destroys himself'.

Last edited:
"Let's get this done." 0 nodded to Fisheyes' suggestion. Gripping his SMG, 0 stepped out of the dilapidated building that housed their rendezvous. Raising his left hand, he tapped the side of his head and one of the drones was released from the belt. The drone floated in front of 0, ready to receive orders from 0's mind. The drone's ruby eye brightened and dimmed signalling that it had received an order. A low pitched hum was heard as the little drone starting flying through the air, the hum was produced when the drone moved, when it's stationary there is no noise.

0's drone reached the main door of which Leviathan busted through, sending detailed video feed back to his operator's mind. It lowered its' altitude and passed the door frame into the building. The drone flew up into the right side corner of the hallway, shutting off its' light and lowering the volume of the hum. Continuing down the hallway, the drone saw a resistance soldier examining the bodies of two former brothers-in-arms that were on the ground, a third soldier was pulverized against the concrete wall. The resistance soldier stood up with his hands quaking the weapon that rested in them, the little drone unsheathed its' metallic tendril. The soldier took a few uneasy steps but before he could truly move on, a sound filled the room.

Zooooomm

Before the soldier could even turn around to face the sound, the pointed tip of the little drone's tendril punched through the back of the soldier's head, reappearing out of the now dead soldier's mouth. The drone pulled its' tendril out of the head, making a sickening noise as the flesh caught itself on the notches of the tendril and tearing itself, with the tendril freed; the drone whipped it to remove some of the blood and gore, it then retracted the appendage within itself and continued on.

Last edited:
Guess it's show time. With a roll of his shoulders Seeker started running towards the post while magically gathering air underneath his feet. Just as he was near the post Seeker abruptly unleashed all of the trapped air under him, launching the mage-droid into the air. The momentum carried Seeker all the way to the roof where he managed a graceful landing. There wasn't much on the roof, just a flat, stone surface really. Which was just fine for the mage-droid. He'd rather avoid fighting as many Resistance members as possible in all honesty. Huh, guess he hadn't managed to file away his previous unease as thoroughly as he'd hoped.
Ah well, Seeker still had a mission to complete and he was determined to see it through. And with all that out of the way Seeker strolled over to a random spot on the roof and placed his hand on it's stoney surface. Suddenly the rock crumbled against his magic, leaving a hole big enough to jump through.
"Here goes nothing," the red head chuckled as he slipped through the new opening.

TERMINAL ONLINE

Leviathan stopped his berserk for a few seconds to take account of the situation. Nearly the entire first floor had been cleared of hostiles, each one lying grimly dead in a pile of themselves. His 'flesh' was full of holes and nicks, which he reported to the team medic as usual. No structural damage, at least. He still had plenty of ammunition left. He turned with a quick-draw as he heard a faint buzz. His barrel was pointed at a small drone that seemed to be surveying the area. He could tell the drone was one of his own, since it didn't seem to attack him on sight. He eyed it for a few seconds before continuing. He pinged the soldier controlling it with a simple message.

More upstairs.

He collected a small explosive weapon from one of the fallen resistance. It was still in tact, and could easily be used to rip holes if necessary. He continued on, making sure to trap the upper floors by sealing exits as he went. He would not let any resistance members escape. He continued up the stairs quickly to meet the next wave. His network indicated that one of his teammates was entering from the roof, making for a fantastic pincer. As he stepped into the next room, he was caught somewhat off-guard as a fatal, point-blank shotgun blast sent him back down the stairs. His arm followed a few seconds later, separated and sparking. He managed to hide behind the stairwell's wall as his offender came rushing down the stairs. He was caught off guard as an entire Hunter unit came crashing through the wall, shattering his spine with a nasty, well-aimed punch. The human dropped. Leviathan retrieved his arm and sent several pings out to his teammates through his network.

Building has suffered serious structural damage, refrain from explosives. Unit is heavily damaged, right arm amputated by slug. Nearly all targets eliminated. Zero escapes recorded.

Leviathan placed his arm back into its socket. The nano's within his body worked at full speed to reattach the limb. Once responsive again, he took a quick diagnostic of himself. The statistics weren't looking good.

Right arm response time: 86% (326.311135 TICK DELAY) External Damage: 16% (DISGUISE LOST) Internal Damage: 4% (NO MALFUNCTIONS) Adjusting for speed difference...Done. UNIT ADAPTATION: Joint reinforcement...Done. Short-range biological sensor...Done. Readjusting armor plating around trigger finger, purpose: increase firing speed on semi-automatic weapons ...Done. Continuing Operation.

The whole change took just under 2 minutes. Average, for a Hunter. He continued up the stairs, eliminating the remaining resistance on the floor.

L Libero Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler

Not long after Enforcer began to step out of the building did he hear the gunfire coming from the direction of their new member, this made him pick up speed rather quickly, his pistol hurriedly being holstered so as to allow for him to run right into the fight without worrying about anything other than how hard he had to hit something to put it out of order. He was picking up more speed than Seeker at first before the building came into view and a drone flew past him, one of Unit-0’s he could tell by glance. But what he took in more of was the building, it looked much like an old barracks from the outside, defendable, still a good structure with some improvements made to it, most likely by the resistance that had been holding up here. Though in all appearance by the bodies surrounding the outside and the busted down doorway and the noises from within, not much was going to be left.
In the next few moments the drone was out of sight, Seeker was entering through the roof and the rest of the squad was still out of view somewhere catching up to them. What happened next was quick and swift, several pings from a member whose messages read “Leviathan” and a few things that gave Enforcer some pause, a shotgun blast, the crashing sounds of stone walls, and the messages. One of which put Enforcer into a bit of worry, “Nearly all targets eliminated. No escapes recorded.” This alone made him step up his speed as the fighting seemed to continue within.

With this all in mind Enforcer stepped it up to get inside, vaulting over some former cover for a Resistance member in one smooth motion and rushing into the door of the building as he saw the scene within, bullets holes everywhere, not to mention the bodies and as he ran through the halls he saw the staircase to the upper floor and kept running. Almost crawling up it at his speed as he ran through the halls before sliding to the last door just as he heard the gunshot. “WAIT!” But he was too slow, just as he stopped at the door, this “Leviathan” was holstering the weapon he just used to finish off what sounded like the last Resistance member in the building. At this Enforcer began to stand back into a relaxed state, the entire building sounded quiet and all signs pointed to each room being cleared, staring down Leviathan, Enforcer began to speak over the comms for the squad. “To all members on site, compound looks cleared… rendezvous at the entrance of the first floor for next objective before we head home.” With that he deactivated his comm and began to walk toward Leviathan.
L Libero Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler

His eyes narrowed he kept his combat mask on as his voice came through it, sounding a bit more distorted and robotic than usual due to its software and build.
“Unit Leviathan. You missed the briefing I gave the squad. I intended to keep one of these Resistance members alive for interrogation…” Enforcer kept closing the distance until he was less than a foot away from Leviathan, eyes focusing on the newcomer to the operation. “I see that you are King’s Command, and even though we can raise some spoiled brats or cold-hearted traitors… I expected more of one of my fellow siblings, even if you seemed to complete the Corporation’s goal almost single-handedly… Minus the disconnected arm that will be requiring repairs.” Enforcer seemed to be fully intending on speaking with this Leviathan before he did anything else, he was leader of the project’s squad after all, he had to know where his siblings stood with him.
Enum Enum

TERMINAL ONLINE

Leviathan looked up from one of the few remaining bodies. He could tell that was likely the last target, as very few could escape going up with Seeker holding the top floor.His eyes scanned over Enforcer, the supposed 'leader' of the mission. The usual profile came up, limited though it was. He seemed unconvinced, as usual. He holstered the weapon and turned to confront the teammate with his usual disdain.

"The briefing was unnecessary," he started, his voice accusative. "I was given direct orders to eliminate any and all resistance members at any cost. Your orders caused conflict with my own directive, thus, they were ignored. You had your orders, I had mine."

He started to walk past.

"No repairs will be required. My nano-machines will deal with the sustained damage. I'm reporting this combat test as a success, seeing as the mission has been completed entirely."

With that, he walked out of the room without another word. Meanwhile, his network began to ping back the base.

Objectives completed, all targets eliminated First test results complete, sending team statistics...Done. Adjusting for damage control for future operations. Unit Hunter_01B has created a new secondary objective: Repair and reconsider gear type for assault operations. Operation 'Combat Test 01' complete. Returning to main objective. Entering stealth mode, disconnecting from Terminal. ... ... ... No connection found. Retrying... INPUT: Logoff // SHUTTING DOWN. THIS TERMINAL IS ON STANDBY

Dr.Nekoshu Dr.Nekoshu

"...Now this is quite odd," Seeker muttered to himself while striding through the second floor of the hideout. He had just finished looking in room after room for Resistance members...only to find diddly squat. Could it be that his siblings already cleared out the area? Suddenly the red head stumbled across several bullet ridden bodies, some in much, much worse states than others. Guess that question has been answered...
Now feeling slightly uncomfortable surrounded by mangled corpses Seeker wasted no time in finding some stairs. As he tromped down a flight he heard Enforcer's orders over the com. link and quickly made his way over to the front entrance. Turns out going through the roof had been a waste of time.
Once there Seeker took in more of the carnage and winced ever so slightly (poor bastards) before locating his leader. The android seemed troubled and Seeker had a pretty good guess as to why.
"I'm going to hazard a guess and say our so called "back up" is responsible for this...mess," the mage-droid stated dryly while not so subtly trying to avoid looking at the body lodged in the wall like a wet meat patty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back