Anime & Manga Y.V.N.G (Yuri Visual Novel Game?~ "^w^)

Cosmos

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧crying over fictional lesbians (╥︣﹏᷅╥)
Okay, so I know this isn't 'quite' what you'd consider anime & manga related but honestly it's in the category to the point where anime and manga are made and/or based on these things sometimes, for example a particularly famous company named key (Responsible for, *cough* CLANNAD *cough*).

Now down to the question at hand, I've been looking around today and despite being fairly new to the whole VN (Visual Novel) scene, I'm REALLY struggling to find a good girl x girl romance game that doesn't involve echi or- hmpf~ more inappropriate subject matters. Don't get me wrong, I'm 15 turning 16 this year and according to the rating system can in fact read/play many if not all of these novels but the point is I don't want to. I want a love story without all the fan service thrown in at the sidelines~ "^w^ I know it's a big ask but if ANYONE knows of one like this could they please tell me?~ :3​

Thanks!!

-TheHappyPikachu

SideNote: I seriously like the term Y.V.N.G I just made up, no idea why lol~

Frankly, I´m not sure if what you are looking for exists. Not only is japanese culture often very sexually charged to begin with, so it´s hard enough to find any romance (and often comedy) without any sexual elements. Furthermore, homosexuality, beign a sexual preference, is treated pretty much like a fetish.

Frankly, I´m not sure if what you are looking for exists. Not only is japanese culture often very sexually charged to begin with, so it´s hard enough to find any romance (and often comedy) without any sexual elements. Furthermore, homosexuality, beign a sexual preference, is treated pretty much like a fetish.
Hm, I see where you come form but there is a certain portion that doesn't not utilise the more sexual side of things, I do understand this trust me. XD And though I cannot agree with what your second part is said on the account of multiple reasons it is hard to find such a thing in a VN I understand. Thanks for your input!!

Hm, I see where you come form but there is a certain portion that doesn't not utilise the more sexual side of things, I do understand this trust me. XD And though I cannot agree with what your second part is said on the account of multiple reasons it is hard to find such a thing in a VN I understand. Thanks for your input!!
What I said is purely impirical- it´s just what I observed. Beyond that, I can´t give it any credit, but I can´t give any credit to the opposing thought either.

What I said is purely impirical- it´s just what I observed. Beyond that, I can´t give it any credit, but I can´t give any credit to the opposing thought either.
I understood that, I was commenting on the words as a whole. XD

honestly, like the responders above have said, non-sleazy yuri visual novels are a dime a dozen, as far as i know. however, there are actually some visual novels out there, so here are some of the ones i know of! (my apologies if i'm posting any repeats!)

- aoishiro - king of the crop! i'd recommend it highly. a shouen-esque visual novel about a girl visiting an island and meeting some very unusual residents. different romance routes, enjoyable characters, tons of plot, adorable as hell! from what i've seen, there's no nsfw material, and there's a lot to love that makes it rather memorable.

- amaranto - if you're not terribly picky about plot quality, amaranto is another fun, shounen-esque adventure about a girl fighing for her friend in a post-dystopian world. with multiple love interests, it's sfw and long, and it's a pretty fun, if ridiculous, ride.

- katahane - i hear it's really cute! i haven't played through it totally yet, but i believe it's the story of a girl and a robot falling in love? it looks pretty, and as far as i know, it's sfw!

- yuri game jam - there are a lot of short games avaliable here, but they're cute and most of them are sfw, and the ones with nsfw have content that's entirely skippable. i'd recommend giving them a try if any of them peak your interest!

kindred spirits on the roof - it's not entirely sfw, but from what i hear, the nsfw elements are not meant to be pandering or fanservicy at all, and overall, it's just a game about various girls' relationships. i've only heard good things about it, and you can buy it off of steam and support yuri localization! woohoo!

- maid with perfection/greed eyed monster - two different western visual novels maid for a different yuri game jam, but two that i like, GEM especially. i don't think they have different routes avaliable, but they're pretty well made, all things considering!

- cute demon crashers! - a western visual novel with nsfw content, but i included it here because it has a female route, and you can skip any content you aren't comfortable with.

edit: here's also a reddit masterlist with some visual novels i've missed! (+ manga/games!)

Last edited:
honestly, like the responders above have said, non-sleazy yuri visual novels are a dime a dozen, as far as i know. however, there are actually some visual novels out there, so here are some of the ones i know of! (my apologies if i'm posting any repeats!)

- aoishiro - king of the crop! i'd recommend it highly. a shouen-esque visual novel about a girl visiting an island and meeting some very unusual residents. different romance routes, enjoyable characters, tons of plot, adorable as hell! from what i've seen, there's no nsfw material, and there's a lot to love that makes it rather memorable.

- amaranto - if you're not terribly picky about plot quality, amaranto is another fun, shounen-esque adventure about a girl fighing for her friend in a post-dystopian world. with multiple love interests, it's sfw and long, and it's a pretty fun, if ridiculous, ride.

- katahane - i hear it's really cute! i haven't played through it totally yet, but i believe it's the story of a girl and a robot falling in love? it looks pretty, and as far as i know, it's sfw!

- yuri game jam - there are a lot of short games avaliable here, but they're cute and most of them are sfw, and the ones with nsfw have content that's entirely skippable. i'd recommend giving them a try if any of them peak your interest!

kindred spirits on the roof - it's not entirely sfw, but from what i hear, the nsfw elements are not meant to be pandering or fanservicy at all, and overall, it's just a game about various girls' relationships. i've only heard good things about it! and you can buy it off of steam and support yuri localization! woohoo!

- maid with perfection/greed eyed monster - two different western visual novels maid for a different yuri game jam, but two that i like, GEM especially. i don't think they have different avaliable, but they're pretty well made, all things considering!

- cute demon crashers! - a western visual novel with nsfw content, but i included it here because it has a female route and you can skip any content you aren't comfortable with.

edit: here's also a reddit masterlist with some visual novels i've missed! (+ manga/games!)
Thanks for all the help this list is amazing!!~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back