• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom XMEN: The First Dawn

Ryse

Xavier-s_School_for_Gifted_Youngsters_01.jpg

"Since this is personal, let's keep it personal. Now most of you have children, and you love them for who they are-not for what they can or can’t do. There is a chance that one of them will have an advanced X-gene, and as they grow older, they will be considered mutants. You will love them, anyway. But people will hate them. And people will want to hurt them. You will hope for the day that your child can live in a safe world. Well, that world must begin now. With you. By allowing mutants to attend public school and be done with wrongful discrimination and allow a chance for these kids to at least try to live normal lives. " —Jean Grey to The School-board

So, i don't know about ya'll, but for me i think my love for superheroes originally spawned from the X-men. I remember at one point when i was a kid i was watching the 'X-Men' movie with Hugh Jackman and thinking 'this is neat'. Not really knowing what the movie was really about cause ya know...at the time i was but a wee lad. But some years later i remember coming across 'X-men Evolution', an animated series on WB kids and later came to Disney XD i believe. Needless to say i was totally floored and i guess that is where my 'real' love for superheroes spawned. For those of you who might remember the show or are big fans, it is basically a series revolving around the conflict between humans and mutants. Xaviars Students are all 'outcast' at the start of the show, leading relatively normal lives until their X-Gene manifest and pretty much uproot their lives. Forcing their parents to hand them over to the School for Gifted youngsters after getting a visit from one of the faculty members in order to learn to control their new 'abilities'.

On top of this, the school board of Bayville High School agreed to be one of the first establishments to accept mutant children into their student body, giving the show two sources for drama. While most of the X Kids lived at the mansion, they also went to a public school as well which gave the show a lot of opportunity for conflict. On top of this you had The Brotherhood, Misunderstood and angry mutants, villains, and ect all running about.

So this interest check is going to function pretty much exactly how the show did. Difference being both canons and OCs are allowed but there will be a slightly larger focus on OCs. Canons i'd allow would mainly be the staff of Xavier's school. Storm, Beast, Wolverine, Xavier himself. But for the students i'd like there to be some originality. I do not however mind if you make an original character with a canon characters powers. Like a OC with Nightcrawler or Cyclopes powers but you really make them your own, I'd be fine with that.

You can create a staff member and official X-Man, or a student just falling into their X-gene abilities, and even a long time student if you'd like. The RP will take place in New York City and the plot will focus on the mysterious disappearances and hunting of Mutants by either an individual or group that will force our 'heroes' to act when the school and its students begin to be targeted.

Lots of teen angst, lots of drama, lots of fun. So who is interested in this?

Hey! I remember this from long ago! It was quite cool! I hope this can get off again.

Yeah, i'm gonna attempt to resurrect it with some improvements to the narrative. I was not able to continue the last one due to personal issues that kept me from really carrying on. But i am more available now so hopefully i can do what i want with this now if we can get enough people xD

Aye mate, I may have not watched a whole lot of X-Men but I love it all the same.

You got me interested.

Alright, i think four people is enough to at the very least get started. People can join as we move along if they wish. I'll start up a character sheet~

Huh...Well that's odd, but ok. I'm getting my cs up as we speak though. I was gonna use my original oc from the last X-Men rp but someone is already using his powers so im gonna have to rework the powers

and i believe im the last one to who needs his sheet up too. So once im done, we'll be good to go

Hey Ryse, i have an idea regarding the mutant disappearances if you don't already have one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back