• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Xi: A Beacon of Hope

Entity.Eclypse

The 'White Bread' of the Rp Game
Entity.Eclypse
girly-air-force-01-8.jpg
Peace is a Luxury we can't Afford. [import]9010974[/import] [class=values] --tabStyle: row wrap; --contentStyle: column nowrap; --tab-txt-align: center; --tab-txt-color: White; --bg-color: #DB7093; --fontFamily: 'Black Ops One'; --fontSize: 20px; --tab-hover-color: White; --tab-hover-bg: #DB7093; --tab-select-color: #FFFF66; --tab-select-bg: #FF69B4; [/class] [div class="tabContainer values"] [div class=tabHolder] [div class="tab selected"][div class=tabID]1Tab
Lore/Story
[div class=tab][div class=tabID]2Tab[/div]Information[/div] [/div] [div class=tabContentHolder] [div class="tabContent 1"]
sample_d96dcf81f2519cd1d32d222844f602c1372d6b37.jpg

The year is 2095, it's been approximately Eight years since we had our first encounter with them. We still don't know where they came from or how they even work, all we can tell is that they don't seem too friendly on cohabitation. Ever since they surfaced the Khan have shown no signs of peaceful interactions with us humanoids, constantly they make a note to accost us and the world we created. At first we seemed to be capable of fending them off, the random instance of one appearing had been covered up as another form of incident ranging from a gas leakage to a unmanned aircraft crashing. People catch on to things quicker than we would've liked and soon enough humanity was up in arms over it, the Khan acting to draw all the attention as resources were funneled into stopping their activity. The strange beings that had at one point seemed to be little more than slow moving, crystalline masses adapted to combat even our strongest offenses. In the past few years we've been seeking out a method of attacking them, a method for humanity to stand some chance against our alien invaders.

That's why we developed the Xi project, our head scientists worldwide worked towards this project and in the six-years since it's been in production we have made great progress. The leading goal of the project was to create a method of combating our unnatural foes, humanity has managed to counteract their maneuverability by developing our own HiMT (Heightened Maneuverability Technology). The Khan appears to be quite the adaptive force, one that poses a great threat to all of humankind- but we can be equally as adaptable. The nations of the world are still in high-contention with one another as these developments could make the difference in world domination, for this reason the XI (Ξ) system is shared globally with the primary database being directly linked to the control hub of each nation. The main purpose behind this system isn't to make planes or other technology hold an unimaginable strength that could revolutionize war as we know it. No, this is all meant to empower the true product of this project. The Soma, an autonomous android that is directly linked to their vessels (Known as "Uplinks"). The goal of these Soma's is simple, combat the Khan and bring about a victory for humanity. The problem comes in the fact that this is a fairly new technology, one we haven't been able to fully test, with so many untested stimuli it's a risk to deploy them.

In spite of that they're the best bet we have at winning this war, so we have chosen to employ a squadron to assist in the development of this rather finicky technology. Those of you who are reading this may be the very ones we chose to employ for this task, or you may be one of our Soma who happened to intercept the message. Regardless of what your circumstances may be, you need to prepare for what's to come. Ladies and Gentlemen...

Welcome to the battlefield.
[/div] [div class="tabContent 2"]
DxDwu4oVsAAmQQ1

Hi there! So first off thank you for reading this far, I haven't really made an rp in awhile so this is my first one back after a short break from gming. First things first, let's lay down some ground rules:
  • I expect posts to be at least 1 strong paragraph at the minimal, two and up is preferred. One Liners are unacceptable, sorry but that's just the way it is.
  • Don't be a dick. I'm fine with being mean to people in character or friendly banter in OOC, but patience is a virtue.
  • For post frequency, i'd like at least 1-2 posts a week (per person) if possible. If you have a circumstance that limits you or an event comes up make sure to inform me and the rest of the group so we could properly react to it.
  • For the final rule. Try to enjoy yourselves, at the end of the day we're all doing this for a bit of enjoyment so lets do that as best we can manage.
This rp will be driven by the players for the most part, there is a main story line we will inevitably fall into. Since the government didn't bring you on for nothing, and we will at some points be "on-rails" to handle key events. However the way they are handled and the things that occur between points A and B are entirely up to us as a collective.

The next point I'd like to address is Soma's. There will be a limited number of these, based entirely off how many people we get in the rp. I'd like to keep it at an even 50/50 split if at all possible, but if we have more players then I'm not against sliding the scales one way or the other. Each of the Soma's will be bound to a real "Uplink," meaning that you might have to do a bit of research before using an A-10 Thunderbolt II as your Uplink.

If you have any questions, simple or strange, feel free to ask and i'll answer them to the best of my capabilities. Thank you once again for reading this far, and I hope to hear from you soon. :)
[/div][/div]
[/div]
[/div][/div]
Lore/Story:
The year is 2095, it's been approximately Eight years since we had our first encounter with them. We still don't know where they came from or how they even work, all we can tell is that they don't seem too friendly on cohabitation. Ever since they surfaced the Khan have shown no signs of peaceful interactions with us humanoids, constantly they make a note to accost us and the world we created. At first we seemed to be capable of fending them off, the random instance of one appearing had been covered up as another form of incident ranging from a gas leakage to a unmanned aircraft crashing. People catch on to things quicker than we would've liked and soon enough humanity was up in arms over it, the Khan acting to draw all the attention as resources were funneled into stopping their activity. The strange beings that had at one point seemed to be little more than slow moving, crystalline masses adapted to combat even our strongest offenses. In the past few years we've been seeking out a method of attacking them, a method for humanity to stand some chance against our alien invaders.

That's why we developed the Xi project, our head scientists worldwide worked towards this project and in the six-years since it's been in production we have made great progress. The leading goal of the project was to create a method of combating our unnatural foes, humanity has managed to counteract their maneuverability by developing our own HiMT (Heightened Maneuverability Technology). The Khan appears to be quite the adaptive force, one that poses a great threat to all of humankind- but we can be equally as adaptable. The nations of the world are still in high-contention with one another as these developments could make the difference in world domination, for this reason the XI (Ξ) system is shared globally with the primary database being directly linked to the control hub of each nation. The main purpose behind this system isn't to make planes or other technology hold an unimaginable strength that could revolutionize war as we know it. No, this is all meant to empower the true product of this project. The Soma, an autonomous android that is directly linked to their vessels (Known as "Uplinks"). The goal of these Soma's is simple, combat the Khan and bring about a victory for humanity. The problem comes in the fact that this is a fairly new technology, one we haven't been able to fully test, with so many untested stimuli it's a risk to deploy them.

In spite of that they're the best bet we have at winning this war, so we have chosen to employ a squadron to assist in the development of this rather finicky technology. Those of you who are reading this may be the very ones we chose to employ for this task, or you may be one of our Soma who happened to intercept the message. Regardless of what your circumstances may be, you need to prepare for what's to come. Ladies and Gentlemen...

Welcome to the battlefield.

Information:
Hi there! So first off thank you for reading this far, I haven't really made an rp in awhile so this is my first one back after a short break from gming. First things first, let's lay down some ground rules:
  • I expect posts to be at least 1 strong paragraph at the minimal, two and up is preferred. One Liners are unacceptable, sorry but that's just the way it is.
  • Don't be a dick. I'm fine with being mean to people in character or friendly banter in OOC, but patience is a virtue.
  • For post frequency, i'd like at least 1-2 posts a week (per person) if possible. If you have a circumstance that limits you or an event comes up make sure to inform me and the rest of the group so we could properly react to it.
  • For the final rule. Try to enjoy yourselves, at the end of the day we're all doing this for a bit of enjoyment so lets do that as best we can manage.
This rp will be driven by the players for the most part, there is a main story line we will inevitably fall into. Since the government didn't bring you on for nothing, and we will at some points be "on-rails" to handle key events. However the way they are handled and the things that occur between points A and B are entirely up to us as a collective.

The next point I'd like to address is Soma's. There will be a limited number of these, based entirely off how many people we get in the rp. I'd like to keep it at an even 50/50 split if at all possible, but if we have more players then I'm not against sliding the scales one way or the other. Each of the Soma's will be bound to a real "Uplink," meaning that you might have to do a bit of research before using an A-10 Thunderbolt II as your Uplink.

If you have any questions, simple or strange, feel free to ask and i'll answer them to the best of my capabilities. Thank you once again for reading this far, and I hope to hear from you soon. :)

Is this like a mecha RP? Or is it something like a supersoldier RP? Please elaborate on the Xi system, por favor.

Because I'm really craving something like Black Dragons from Warhammer 40k.

ADD ON: Ah. Nevermind. I should read the tags, first, shouldn't I? Stupid of me. AIRPLANES. Well, I can do that.

i be interested
I'm glad to have caught your interest, if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Is this like a mecha RP? Or is it something like a supersoldier RP? Please elaborate on the Xi system, por favor.

Because I'm really craving something like Black Dragons from Warhammer 40k.

ADD ON: Ah. Nevermind. I should read the tags, first, shouldn't I? Stupid of me. AIRPLANES. Well, I can do that.
Excellent questions. So to start off your answers, I know you already saw the tag from your add-on but I should've explained that better:

This is not a mecha rp, I didn't plan to include any 60 meter tall robots because Kaiju aren't the main enemy in this rp. The "Uplinks," that were mentioned beforehand, are modern day tools of war (The main one I had thought of was Planes/Fighter jets) that have been modified using advanced technology. This technology would allow for the aircraft to maneuver at a vastly superior capability to what humanity currently possess. In coordination with their Soma it would allow for the vessel to move at 10 G for an extended period of time. As of the current moment, I think I want to keep the "Uplinks" as fighter jets, but I might open it to other technology depending on the circumstances.

As for the super-soldier thing, I wouldn't exactly say that it was. The "Soma" are androids of course, beings who were created with an artificial intelligence and the capability to learn, they aren't human so it's more like we're harnessing the power of technology. They do have human-like properties though, Each of them is capable of having their own personality, way of thought, and relationships. Along with that their physical forms are made to appear as human as possible; their eyes appear as a humans would despite not being an organic mass, their skin feels like human skin to the touch and allows for them to differentiate temperature and other changes. They even run on a power source which requires them to enter a form of inactivity, which they can break free of in a similar fashion to humans with sleep. Despite this they aren't really super-soldiers, a human could destroy them with a metal pipe and they aren't capable of punching through a wall or anything. The Soma act almost the same as a human would, except they're created to fit with their Uplink. Because of this they are in tune with the vehicle and can preform amazing feats while piloting it, but there's still room for mechanical/human error to take place and stop this from occurring. So in the sense of their reactions and such they could be considered super soldiers, but in physicality and time outside their Uplink they are the same as any human in good condition.

Now onto your final question, there is a million and one ways I could try to elaborate on the Xi system. So I'll start off with the main things you're probably looking for, The system itself is a complex program meant to share data for the project itself. It acts on a near instant connection between each of the terminals known as "Hubs," and allows for each of the groups working towards the project to link-up their information. Within this system there is information on the construction of Uplinks and Soma, confidential info about the Khan, and shared secrets that the organization protecting the general populous wouldn't want people to know about. That's the main usage for humans, more specifically the heads of the Xi operation in their respective nations. Parallel to this system is where the Uplinks and Soma find their usage in it, much alike how all the information of the nations is uploaded here the same could be said for the Soma though the methods are different.

For the Soma to upload their information they much enter a state where they can be "Docked" to a main hub and upload any new information they've gained for the program to utilize it. This information can be used in construction of future Soma's or even as an update for those who have existed longer, essentially the system acts as a cloud space for the Soma's information. The function for Uplinks is that it allows their pilots to transfer information to one another, it acts like flash drive in that sense where you can transfer some data to another system without having to access a main drive. More than anything though it acts like a global command station, allowing for all member worldwide (Human and Soma) to gain information on missions or attacks from the Khan.

So much alike how uplinks use the Xi system to transfer information between pilots the Soma themselves harness the power of another system. The one they use is actually a spin-off designed for the Soma to connect to their Uplink and use systems that would otherwise be invalid, for example the fact that they can guide their missiles and make acute and sudden movements. This system is known as "Xi Sub 2" or ξ₂. This system allows for the Soma to relay information directly from Soma to Soma, or Soma to electronic device simply by holding their hand against it (Or hand holding with S to S).

Hopefully that answered your questions, if not i'll do my best to clarify.

Ah, so Xi is a communication program of sorts. Gotcha.

And also, gathering from all the information, we're playing as Somas, and not as humans, right?

• One more question, though it probably have no bearing on the RP. (Just to satisfy my curiosity. :D) Look at the spoiler tab.

Yeah. I forgot how to do a spoiler, so I resorted to tabs. :)

Ah, so Xi is a communication program of sorts. Gotcha.

And also, gathering from all the information, we're playing as Somas, and not as humans, right?

• One more question, though it probably have no bearing on the RP. (Just to satisfy my curiosity. :D) Look at the spoiler tab.

Yeah. I forgot how to do a spoiler, so I resorted to tabs. :)
More or less yeah.

The rp itself will have a focus around the Soma's of course, as they're a large plot point and all, but as I mentioned earlier not everyone will be playing a Soma. Some people will be playing humans that have been inducted into this program.

As for the question in your tab spoiler
From my understanding of the geth, i'm not extremely well versed in the Mass Effect series, they became a collective due to lacking their own sentience. Because of this they had collaborated into a problem solving cluster with the ability to analyze and properly diagnose situations based on the collected mass. I may be wrong and if so please correct me so I can gain a better understanding. The reason as to why the Soma wouldn't become this way comes down to a few factor, The first of which is the region they were constructed in. Different nations may have instilled a variety of protocols into a specific model for example, a soma from the U.S. may have a protocol blocking it from attacking humans, or one from Japan may have a protocol to suppress the personality of the Soma. The instances of these protocols aren't as frequent and vary greatly from unit to unit, but as a general rule all Soma's have some that are instilled in their program at creation.

Along with this, they are operating under a form of sentience- something that the Geth had lacked. Which allows for the Soma to be so different from one another, each operating with a different personality and behavioral pattern. They could, theoretically, be wiped down to a blank slate and then become the collective but if the Soma themselves attempted this then it wouldn't work out in their favor. Often times this would result in alerting the XI system and then lead to their termination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back