• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Xenoblade Chronicles 2 PostScript

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
Rantos Rantos Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Soulmuse Soulmuse Regynleif Regynleif

Avental - first settlement built on New Alrest and now a thriving port city. People from all walks of life from before the event living in relative peace, making their livings, having families, and pretty much going on with life. However, as Humans and Nopons spread out farther, with there being more cities built with new advances in technology, the need for warriors built as did the amount of bandits and beaststhat roamed the land.

In addition to the city guards, there is a world-spanning organization of mercenaries that have been keeping peace and doing jobs for those who need it. The Garfont Mercenaries have grown larger and larger, with warriors and all kinds of people joining them. They may have been widespread, but their main headquarters is found in Avental, the bustling Capital.

And this is where our story begins...

Frey Zoro - Avental Alleyway #121
Tags: Soulmuse Soulmuse
All his life Frey believed himself to be a genius among men. A thief cut from the finest cloth, so careful and calculated and cunning. Taking great pains to increase his skills, perfect his craft and become a man without equal. He had spent days within months and months within years in an attempt to liberate himself. Not from any physical cage, not yet. No, he sought freedom from a metaphorical cage, brought on from his own youthful arrogance. The cage of a debt unpaid. As it were, he knew too that there was nowhere he could run. In time his old friends would be coming to collect and Frey had to be ready to pay up. And he had finally found his way out, a Core Crystal, his skeleton key. His final heist, a simple manor break-in, yielded the key that would finally free him.

So then why, if Frey was such a genius, did he fail at the last possible moment. All his calculations for naught because he forgot to consider one critical variable. An ugly truth that relieved itself the moment Frey removed the Crystal from its display case. It glowed, pulsating with warmth, the beating heart. Shimmering and shining with growing luminescence until the light became too much, and the beating heart became too hot to hold. So he dropped the crystal and witnessed everything he had been working for vanish in the light. In the end, it was is negligence to consider that he had the potential to be a Driver that ruined it all. And as he witnessed the woman made manifest, his Blade looked her dead in the eyes, he spoke.

"This wasn't part of the plan. Please, stop going against the plan." Pleading, as if she had awakened by her own accord.

Talia Myscrypt
Tags: Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight
------------------------------------------------------------
It was raining. Of course it was raining on a day when she had so many deliveries to make. But Talia didn't mind as the rain made everything quiet an peaceful. With a few packages tucked under her arm and the hood of her sweater firmly held on, she dashed from cover to cover throughout the day. When she finally returned to the shop her employer, Decahn, stood waiting for her.

"I'm sorry to do this to you, but you're the only one I can trust. I have one last delivery I need you to make. Same rules apply like the other special deliveries. Don't look inside the package, keep it safe, and don't ask questions. Understood?"

Talia gave the man a small salute. "Sir yes sir!" Special deliveries always came with bonus pay, so how could she turn it down? Taking the parcel and memorizing the address she steeled herself to the outside once more.

----

Talia was being followed, she knew. She already knew the tricks to shadow someone and had had her fair share of attempted muggings. More than likely they wanted her delivery, but she couldn't be totally sure. Rounding a corner, she ducked behind some trash cans and heard the footsteps come around as well. Holding her breath she waited for them to leave.

Suddenly a hand shot out and grabbed Talia by the hair. "Nice try." A gruff voice chuckled while attempting to wrench the package out of her hands. Barely phased, she fought back quickly with a kick to the groin and used to brief distraction to rip herself out of his grip. "Sorry mister! I can't have you getting in the way of my job!" She cheerfully shouted as she began running away.

Talia clutched the parcel to her chest when she noticed it had been partially ripped open. Trying hard not to let curiosity get the better of her and take a peek, she focused on her feet as they ran. In her own distraction she hadn't noticed the man catch up to her until he was yanking on her arm, spinning her.

The package flew out of her hands and it's contents slid out, sailing in the air. Before she had time to think about it, she grabbed whatever it was to keep it from falling on the ground and turned to strike the man.

Only to find him staring at her hand, the one holding the mystery item. Looking down, she found out just what was so special about this delivery. A core crystal. And it was reacting to her.

The light grew and before her astonished eyes a beautiful woman was.. born? "Um, hello." She said with wide eyes, the man forgotten.

Lea
Tags: Rantos Rantos

-------

Awakening from her Core crystal, Lea shook her head a few times, blinking away the residual light behind her eyes, and grasping ahold of her weapon just before catching up with the situation at hand. She stood in the middle of an alleyway, or what she assumed to be an alleyway, based on the grime and somewhat cramped quarters, before a man who seemed entirely too upset with her appearance.

“This wasn’t the plan. Please, stop going against the plan.” He pleaded, as though she knew what this ‘plan’ was, or even what was going on, besides her being awakened. Then again, she could guess the plan would fall apart fairly quickly if the man didn’t count on her awakening.

“I’m afraid I have no idea what this plan you are referring to is.” Turning slowly, to verify that no one else was nearby, Lea returned her attention to the man before her. Looking him up and down, one of her eyebrows climbed, as she lowered her weapon. “I would assume, then, that you are my Driver…and that my appearance here is not exactly what you planned for, hm?” Privately, she couldn’t say she was impressed by what she saw, so this should be an interesting time…or a short one. Either way, she didn’t care to have her new driver die immediately. “I’m also going to guess you did something you shouldn't have?” Her instincts were usually right, and they were screaming at the moment.

Last edited:
Nova
Regynleif Regynleif
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Lost in a seemingly never ending sleep, memories of the lives before permeated Nova’s dreams, repeating over and over as a whispering voice chanted: Don’t forget.

Though it was pointless, she held onto them like a lifeline, unwilling to sacrifice the past for the sake of another future.

Don’t forget.

She wanted to remain in the void for all eternity, it’s darkness comforting and unchanging as it wrapped around her with loving arms.

Don’t forget.

Yet, the void was also unpredictable and acting on its whim, could tear everything away from her once more.

Don’t for-

The whispering stopped as suddenly, a blueish light appeared on the formally unseen horizon, advancing at the speed of a rocket. Nova instantly knew what it was: her core crystal reacting to someone’s touch. She was waking up once more. She wanted to turn around and run, but her feet, if she had any at the moment, wouldn’t budge one inch. There was no avoiding fate.

As the blue light rushed over her like a raging forest fire, memories became ashes, scattering beyond her reach.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nova opened her eyes as the light faded, her right hand reflexively reaching for Urumi’s handle as she observed her surroundings. She was in a dark alleyway, the lightly falling rain doing nothing to lessen the stench of trash all over the ground, almost making her nose curl in disgust. Standing before her was an older man and a brown haired girl staring at her with wide eyes, their positions suggesting a struggle of some sort had occurred moments before her awakening…Perhaps fighting over her core crystal?

Either way, Nova could sense a connection between her and the girl, no doubt the beginnings of an affinity bond between a driver and blade. She stared at her new driver for a long moment, debating whether to save the brunette or not before curiosity got the better of her.

“I am Nova, and you must be my Driver.” She stated coolly, inclining her head to the side. “You don’t look like much, but appearances can be deceiving. I hope you can keep me entertained, girl.” She then took a few steps forward, her attention now directed at the man as a ball of sharp ice began to gather in her palm. “Let go of the girl or suffer the consequences.” She ordered, voice absent of emotion. “Unless you’d like to meet my hungry blade instead?”

Last edited:
What could be done now? Frey was unsure how to proceed. The world he grew up in knew little of the matters of Core Crystals and Blades. Was there a way to return her to her dormant form, a reset button, anything? Frey knew no way to check, and he didn't dare ask. It seemed just a tad bit rude to ask a lady how to render her existence to that of a rock. But that rock was vital, he needed it. Though maybe Frey could still sell her as she was. No, no. Thoughts like those didn't belong in a gentleman's head. They belonged in the back pocket. It was clear that the reality of the situation was he was stuck with a new, seemingly unwilling, partner.

"I would assume, then, that you are my Blade." Frey responded. Slumped against the alley wall, he slid down to a sit so he could think things through. He had time. Frey was a good distance away from the manor and, hopefully, they have yet to notice a vacancy in their treasure vault. Maybe, this could still work. The woman before him was a weapon of legend, the likes of which he had never seen before. Surely with her on his side, they could find much grander vaults to steal from. Her instincts were spot on when it came to knowing how Frey had been spending his afternoon.

"Yeah, I actually just finished stealing you. Didn't mean to wake you up though. Guess we can chalk that up to two things I shouldn't have done today." Though when all was said and done and Frey took a step back, this was truly something incredible. He was a Driver, an honest to goodness Driver! Frey wouldn't have been able to imagine a meeting like this happening in his lifetime. But now that it was actually happening, he regretted it wasn't under better circumstances.

"I only hope you don't mind joining me. I spent a lot of resources getting you, so I'd appreciate it if my lady had no reservations about doing things she shouldn't have." Frey wasn't in the place to make demands, and he knew that, and the pitiful pleading face he made while looking at the Blade should have made his position all too clear to her as well. This Blade was his last chance at the future he has been fighting for. But that chance may not yet be lost to him. With a hand extended Frey asked the Blade once more.

"So, would you like to run with me? And do things we shouldn't do."

Lea
Rantos Rantos

----

Lea suppressed the urge to rub her temples out of frustration. Even if she couldn’t remember being awoken any time before, she felt entirely certain this was the most embarrassing one. Evidently, he’d stolen her Core Crystal, an altogether strange thought. Surely someone would have tried to awaken her if they possessed her crystal? A question she’d answer at a later date, since, as he pointed out, they were now Driver and Blade, in whatever capacity that might mean. That he didn’t expect to wake her up sounded strange as well.

Being called ‘my lady’ was another…strange experience, one that Lea truly didn’t know how to approach. So, without any other recourse she pushed that confusion aside to assess the rest of his request. Apparently, her new Driver didn’t quite understand how this worked. While she knew she could turn and leave him, technically, her life was now tied to his, and as a result throwing him to the wind would shorten her own life expectance accordingly. Then again, if he’d stolen her Core Crystal, he probably acquired some number of enemies, or at least wasn’t in a good situation, an assessment of his situation his expression bore out.

“Hmmm….” Her arms crossed, Lea considered the outstretched hand. She wasn’t exactly going to refuse, that wouldn’t achieve anything, but she wasn’t about to roll over either…especially not for a somewhat grubby Driver such as she now had. “Alright. My name is Lea.” She reached out, grasping his hand firmly. Cocking her head to the side, she placed her free hand on her hip, expression morphing into something more severe. “What exactly do you mean by things we shouldn’t do?” There were plenty of ways to interpret that, and she’d give her new Driver the benefit of the doubt….for now.

Talia Myscrypt
Tags: Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight

The rain continued to fall, uncaring of the people trapped beneath it. Realizing her arm was still in the assailant's grip and what the scene looked like to this newcomer, Nova, Talia simply gave the woman a bemused smile before taking a confident step towards the man and struck with the heel of her palm. With a ferocity that belied the soft expression on her face, the hit landed hard and surely broke the poor man's nose. Muffled expletives escaped the man's mouth when he released her to cradle his wound and could vaguely be heard muttering, "Not paying me enough." before he took off the way he came.

Talia watched the man leave with the same smile on her face before she shook off the few specks of blood that had gotten on her hand. "I hope I didn't hurt him too badly." She murmured to herself before sliding her attention back to the, what were they called again?

Blades, right.

Which meant she was a Driver? What an interesting development in her life.

The dampened sounds of the city barely reached her ears as she gazed at the beautiful woman before her. The ice in her gaze was certainly chillier than the dampness of the air and Talia had to suppress the chill it sent to her heart. Smile still in place, she outstretched her hand. "Nice to meet you, Nova. I'm Talia and it appears I will be in your care."

This Blade before Frey seemed rife with disappointment, which honestly offended Frey. A woman has every right to be disappointed, but she could at least put an effort into hiding it. Frey too wished for an alternative to this situation. By all means, if they lived in a perfect world this Blade would already be in the hands of some grubby noble and Frey would have a pouch of gold twice her weight. But this wasn't a perfect world, and though Frey was disappointed, very much disappointed, he wasn't showing it. But, all bitterness aside, the blade extended her hand, and Frey knew that maybe there was something to gain from this unpleasant meeting. A new, seemingly unwitting, partner. So, Frey squeezed her hand.

"The Blade known as Lea. The contract has been sealed." And to commemorate their new partnership, Frey flashed Lea a wide-mouthed, snaggletoothed, cocksure grin. A signature smile that conveyed confidence and satisfaction. Releasing Lea from the handshake, Frey reached under his pancho and pulled out a folded piece of paper. With well-practiced deftness, Frey unfolded the paper and placed it on the ground. On the paper, were scribbles and lines, notes and unintelligible scrawl, clear lines and smudge marks all melding together to form a picture grander than the sum of its parts.

"This, is the mercenary's guild that takes residence in this town." It was a map of the guild drawn in meticulous detail. It showed the internal workings of the guild. "I've been holding onto this information for a while now. This guild is holding on to a variable golden egg of wealth, and I desire a cut. I'm not one for putting faith into operating with others, and that's been the biggest thing keeping me from doing this. But you're a Blade, and I trust in your natural aptitude." But more than that, he trusted that she wouldn't abscond with any of the gold due to nature of their unique partnership. And even more than that Frey trusted the fact she wouldn't ask for a cut.

"But first, before I elaborate on the plan, I'll just say this for posterities sake. I steal things, often, very often. You weren't my first prize. But, if this goes well you may be my last. For this plan to work, I need your help." Frey hated saying that. "So I ask that you cast aside bias and hesitation for just one day." By all means, Frey hated this feeling of desperation. But, it was by his own negligence that this mistake was made. His pride was a small price to pay for the change to fix this.

Lea
Rantos Rantos

Lea regarded the map Frey presented with interest. While she couldn’t make heads or tails out of some of the scribbles, there was enough for her to work out that it contained a great deal of information about this Guild, and with that information, someone could do a lot of damage should they choose too. Which, it seemed, her new Driver wanted to do, something Lea would ordinarily have been opposed to. But, this was only theft, something that Frey seemed entirely inclined towards, it seemed, and as far as she could tell, undue violence was not in the plan, so she could do her best to set aside her gut reaction, being stuck with the man, and in the reverse, he with her.

Besides, mercenary guilds didn’t always have the best methods of getting income, and Lea felt somewhat comfortable with the idea of stealing from them on principle alone. Besides, it wouldn’t do to have her driver starving to death, and it didn’t look like he was to far off.

“I’m not a prize, Driver mine.” Her lips curled somewhat upwards, in obvious amusement, or at least enough to take the sting out of the words. “And before we run much farther, perhaps your name?” Eyes dropping back to the map. In spite of herself, she was curious. “And do tell what this plan of yours happens to be, as I confess to only being able to partially understand any of these scribbles.” Sneaking also wasn’t quite her natural forte, but she’d keep that part to herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back