• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Manhatten Hero High School AU

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Relief found Tim as Jason began explaining just what it was that they were doing, at least there had been some recon into this mission. He was glad to hear Jason had made it in and out of the room, also for the bit about staying off of the floor.

Once more he found himself being herded by Jason to another hallway and suddenly he was being lifted, Tim caught on quickly and grabbed on to the vent, flipping himself inside and sliding down.

Moving carefully through the vent, Tim found the path fairly straight forward, only one obstacle hit him. The standard alarm screen he quickly shut down and slid through, that was something that might have fried someone unaware of it.

Sliding down into the locked room, Tim was careful in lowering himself slowly, his impressive core strength coming into play now.

He found himself bending his abdomen at an awkward angle to get himself on one of the sturdier-looking shelves.

“Alright, what do you need?” Tim asked, carefully, looking around the dimly lit room.

Lotheralaix Lotheralaix

A.J.
He could sense Scott leaning over his shoulder. His roommate smelt faintly of blood, presumably from stitching up Jason. But mixed with that was the scent of woodsmoke, which made no sense, there were no wood fire in Xavier. Maybe he had spent so much time near fires that the smell had permeated his whole body? Or maybe it was his clothung that had been dosed. He shook his head, why was he even asking these questions? There were more important things to focus on that the smell of his roommate

He pulled up the two codes side by side, Jason's code on the left and another code on the right. "Look at these two codes, Jason's one is the one on the left"
The two codes weren't identical, but there were similar elements and the same coding tricks in both. It was clear to A.J. that they had been written by the same person.

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ (Concord)

Jason was relieved to see that the smaller Robin was able to get in (without a second attempt) and make his way through. He focused his hearing and followed along the duct for the little sounds that indicated Tim made it to the other side. It was when he heard the echo of that velvety soft voice that his shoulders dropped from their tense draw. Tim was always so eager to please, so fucking smart - smarter than he had any right to be, and yet that voice was calling out to him as he did Jason's bidding. It was a wonder that they had years of bad blood (almost entirely on his own side), certainly golden boy Dick Grayson wouldn't be climbing through a vent for him, nor the little demon spawn Damian Wayne. Of all the people to step up (even if mildly forced) was the boy he tormented perhaps even more than B himself.

That was fucking terrifying.

So forgive him if he stood dumbly in the hall with no sense of direction, right or wrong. Stood there like he were turned to stone by the very voice channeling through the air duct. Stood there as that voice wrapped around his very being.

Tim Drake was willingly helping him.

Fuck, his chest constricted. Licking over his lips did nothing to help the wheels turn in his head. He was only helping because of what I did for him. Or so he told himself. They weren't brothers, they were hardly friendly toward another.

Replacement. Replacement. Replacement.

Say it again like a chant to shake him from the spell. Over and over until it was the only thing he could hear. The time !

"Yeah, uh," Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Jason wasn't nearly in the right mindset to even remember why he sent the boy through. "M-my SIG should be in there." Damn the gods for the low rumble of his voice to stumble over basic English. Jesus Christ, pull it together.

"SIG, two red extended mags, and a Harper's candy tin." Now that he'd finally gotten his voice out Jason felt jittery. Felt the need to calm his nerves with a cigarette. As soon as they were finished he'd rush out and get his fix. Leave the younger to his own devices and return only when he thought him to be asleep.

TheSaint TheSaint Tim

The light on his watch was more than enough to give him the light he needed to look around the room and thankfully the place was as organized as he’d expected.
Metal shelves lined the walls, each holding their own private safes.

Tim immediately understood why Bruce wasn’t worried about the vent, most would need quite a bit of equipment to get through the initial security and the locks he was looking at were far from childs play. Of course Jason needed his help, Jason was brute force and intimidation.

Using the metal rafter to move, Tim hooked his legs around and crossed the room like a speedy sloth, hanging upside down as he moved. He was glad he’d kept the watch on, it was something he was going to need to understand the inventory.
Five minutes of crawling between rafters and shelves had Tim realizing the box he needed was located on a lower shelf.

Taking a breath, Tim hung directly upside down from his knees and began working on the mag lock. Knowing Wayne Technology being the only reason he was able to get passed the initial trips set up. Stressful, uncomfortable, and all around something he would rather not be doing, Tim considered that Jason had still done him a far greater favor.

When the lock clicked, Tim let himself breathe, pulling the requested items out of the chest. He locked it again before pulling himself back up, sweating slightly from the blood rushing to his head. The guns and other items were soon pushed into the vent and Tim found himself needing to rely quite heavily on his own strength and timing to flip back through the vent himself.
Carefully he made his way back through, stopping to reset the security measures in the main areas of the vents.

“Heads up”

A whisper from above would alert Jason to his guns being tossed down to him, Tim himself soon crawled out, lowering himself slowly from the vent to avoid making excess noise. A difficult task as he was climbing down from a tight space, his arms soon straining slightly as he lowered himself.

Finally dropping lightly to the floor, Tim actually smiled up at Jason for a moment, obviously pleased with himself.

“Not bad eh?” He asked, the normal caution he had often reserved for Jason seeming to vanish.

Lotheralaix Lotheralaix

Catching the gun and slipping into his waistband was nothing. Muscle memory if anything. Storing away his other belongings after a quick bullet count and opening of the tin to assure that yes, everything was here. What wasn't muscle memory however was how Jason damn near reached out to help Tim down. His arms fucking twitched as they struggled to stay at his sides. Coming down from that vent so slow, so well calculated, flexing his arms and dropping like a liquid sin. God help him, he could only imagine the shows of strength and flexibility that went on just a wall over. Tim had to be aware of the eyes sliding up his body like he were heaven come to earth, had to be aware that Jason couldn't stop biting his lip. He watched a bead of sweat roll down from a pale temple to the curve of his neck like it was the most beautiful thing he'd seen or for God's sake just tear his eyes away when those plump lips normally pulled into a pout smiled at him.

Jason Todd just might to eat his gun for letting himself get trapped in the wondrous fantasy that was Tim Drake.

"I have to go see Damian." His response was just as rushed as he was to turn on his heel.

Was there any real reason for him to see the best? None whatsoever. If he was followed he might feign that he needed to fix the door that he'd previously kicked down, maybe even ask if he got the chip out successfully. That didn't stop him from taking the stairs two, three at a time like his ass was on fire. Didn't stop him from damn near running into the door frame and swearing out so colorfully.

His first instinct? To go over to the youngest Wayne and take the pencil from his hand, first holding it out of reach before he started to smack at the back of his head and lower portions of the demons face.

Jason was always in a constant state of fight or flight, doing the latter first he sought out the former.

TheSaint TheSaint Tim
icysubject icysubject Damian

@Miasmith17

After his shower and getting changed into a pare or jeans and a plain black t-shirt, Oliver walked out of his room and took a deep breath in.
He made his way back to the nurses office and looked between the two.

He sat down without a word and let them talk about what ever their subject was.

Lyth Lyth

Dick grinned cheekily as he hung upside down, his deep brown eyes where almost drawing a map of her beautiful face.
He had never felt so drawn to someone... So captivated by anyone before.

His chocolate eyes grew a little wider as she spoke of being a star cluster... but how could that work if she was in a form of a single body?
He gently reached out to touch the side of her face and then recoiled a little when she mentioned the Bat.

A small smirk crossed his lips and he then looked into her eyes... those captivating eyes that could steal his very soul and he would probably let them.
"Well they aren't my favorite animal... but I've always preferred birds... sitting in the light is always nicer then sitting in the dark..."
There he went speaking in riddles again to try and get around the touchie subject.

He changed the subject back to the original.
"If you're a star cluster..." he smiled but his eyebrows dipped down slightly as he tried to wrap his mind around it.
"How are you in a physical body... I mean not that I am complaining at all... you're absolutely breath taking."

He stopped himself from talking for a moment.
Damn it... He was coming on two strong and he didn't want to push her way.

"I mean..."
He took a deep breath and then smiled softly at her his whole expression relaxing.
"I'm really glad you're here, Alec."

Never before had Alecto met someone so intent on flattering her, she loved it. The polite interest had been far better than the regular questions and attention she had been given. Often creatures would ask far more intrusive questions, she had noticed a certain polite way about those from Earth.

Despite having only just met, Alecto could feel an excitement around spending time with this mischievous young man. Already proven kind and fearless so far, Alecto found herself happy and receptive to his advances. She actually leaned into his touch somewhat, giggling when he withdrew his hand, assuming he held some silly phobia of bats.

“It’s one of my many talents,it’s a little easier to navigate the universe with a body” She said, in response to his question about her having a solid form. Shifting forward in her seat, Alecto could feel her own cheeks burning now.

“I’m glad I’m here too” Honesty once more, Alecto was quite pleased that she’d been taken on such an impromptu date.

LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Lyth Lyth

Dick was well and truly taken by her now. It was almost like she could take the very breath from his lungs and he wouldn't fight it.
He couldn't help himself now... She was so close.
He gently reached out and touched her ever so smooth skin.
He then leaned closer to her and brushed his lips ever so gently against hers.

He felt almost intoxicated by her. How long had it been since he had ever felt like he could just speak freely to someone without them snapping at him? How long had it been since he was able to fully relax around someone.
He had always been the affectionate one of the family and yet... He craved affection for himself. He had given it to do many people that sometimes he felt like he had ran out and was going to die.
But here she was... beautiful Alecto offering friendship... affection, touch... everything he had been craving.

He climbed back down and sat beside her.
He gently pulled her into his arms and looked into her eyes. His deep brown eyes showing a hit of... being broken... hurting.

"You scare me." He gently reached up and brushed his thumb against her cheek as his gaze kept changing between her eyes and lips.

Alecto didn’t shy away when Dick reached for her, meeting him partway for the kiss, relishing in the affection. She had been on her own for quite some time and found herself powerless around the charming human. Everything about this evening had been like one of Earth’s popular films, she really hadn’t expected them to be an accurate description of how courting worked here.

Her skin lit up quite brightly for a moment, her own embarrassment dimming it quickly. She had been struggling in her own right to come off as cool and collected. She had cracked now, finding herself kissing someone she’d only just met.

She was surprised by how far a little affection had gone, she wouldn’t question it though, perhaps humans moved a little quicker.

“I scare you?” Alecto asked gently, seeming confused, he had just kissed her. She was enjoying the feeling of being wrapped up in his arms. She did wonder how long the operator might leave them up top, perhaps he’d noticed the fireworks between them.

“You make me nervous, dragging strange beings to spinning light wheels and charming them. I should keep an eye on you” Her gentle attempt to tease and put him at ease.

LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Lyth Lyth

As the wheel started to move slowly back down, Dick didn't move from where he was sitting or how he was gently brushing the fingers of his left hand over the side of her neck.

He pressed his lips together and looked into her eyes. He was about to expose himself... the side he didn't really want people seeing.
"You scare me because..."
He took a suddered breath in and out before continuing.
"I've never met anyone I could be fully open with without it coming out like some kind of weakness... I've never been with someone who would just... listen... and that scares me... because I don't know what to do with that."
His voice hushed into a whisper at the end.

"It scares me because... I've only just met you... yet it feels like my soul has known you for over a thousand years."
He was now fully vulnerable in letting all his guards down... for him it had felt like the two had just connected, like two completely different planets aligning for the first time.

Alecto was surprised to find Dick willing to be so open so quickly, of course the connection she felt between them seemed almost instantaneous. She couldn’t help but give him a gentle smile, the stars on her skin moving slightly with her.

She was appreciative of his lack of staring, quite a few people had gawked at her since her arrival on Earth.

The more polite would ask if she was wearing some strange suit, the less polite would stare or ask her what was wrong with her. Alecto wasn’t too bothered of course, she was used to interstellar travel and communities, the Earth was still so young.

“I’m glad you trust me, at the risk of exposing myself a bit too much, I feel the same” Alecto heard the words leaving her and blushed once more. She was on autopilot, her walls weakening somewhat at the pure and seemingly genuine affection she was being shown by Dick.

Feeling the ferris wheel begin it’s decent, Alecto leaned against Dick and quietly watched the lights. She hadn’t really expected her night to go so well, not that she would change it.

“And where to now?” She asked, her tone bright, though it was getting late.

LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Tabitha couldn’t help her laugh when Elliott explained how he would foil her grilling.

“Well, now that we know we’re both horrible spies, we can try honesty” She said, lighting up some as she spoke. Her energy often came off as a bit overwhelming, though Tabitha wasn’t consciously trying to change herself. That energy kept her alive in battle and vigilant in her training, she couldn’t do without it.

“Mmmm, I have done a bit of traveling. Mostly for educational purposes, the old man wants me to be worldly and understand the different cultures we have” Tabitha said after a few moments, though the educational traveling she was referring to was mainly endurance training and small missions to get her used to the field.

“Well, I suppose we’ll have to plan our escape together” She added after a thought. Feeling a vibration against her hip, as though on que. A coincidence but enough to cause her heart to jump for a moment, she wondered if Cable had ever tried to track her phone.

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_

@Miasmith17

After his shower and getting changed into a pare or jeans and a plain black t-shirt, Oliver walked out of his room and took a deep breath in.
He made his way back to the nurses office and looked between the two.

He sat down without a word and let them talk about what ever their subject was.
Lily:"i cant explain much clint just my past is a bit difficult...."
Clint:"still cant understand why that happened...and why you cant heal"
They notice oliver walk into the room
Lily frowned:"i guess its because of what happened in the past"
LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Dick smiled softly to himself as the fairestwheel made it's way down to the ground.
He had wrapped both of his strong arms around her and rested his head on top of hers.
This was one of the best nights of his life so far and he didn't want it to end.

He checked the time and knew that they about go back soon... but just a few more minutes couldn't hurt?

Dick got out of the pod and help Alecto out. That gorgeous grin came back to his face when she asked what else could they do?
"Well what else would you like to see or do. It's really up to you, I'm happy with anything."
He walked beside her and went to go hold that beautiful hand of hers... but he stopped himself. He had already been for forward with her and he had to treat her like a Lady.
Remembering what Alfred had tought him about women made him fight against what he wanted to do and what he should do.
She was unlike any girl he had ever met... so she deserved more then being treated like a Lady... She should be treated like a princess.
A soft smile came to his face when he remembered what his real father had said to him as a young boy.

'Son. Every woman is a Lady. There is just some out there who are ment to be your princess and one day the right one will become your queen. Do you understand?'

He hadn't at the time, but now he understood.

Lyth Lyth

Ollie looked between Clint and Lily and a frown came to his face. "What happened to you in the past?"

He wanted to help the kid. He knew it was his job, but in a weird way he felt obliged to help her out.

@Miasmith17

Tim had been expected something mildly more positive than what looked like a nuclear explosion happening internally. He wanted to ask if Jason was alright but thought better of it. Instead making sure to watch his body language and keep his space, Tim knew how this worked.

The abrupt exit drew yet more questions, Tim following up the stairs, stifling a laugh when Jason slammed into the door frame. He found it oddly endearing to see such a normal human act from Jason, though again he would stay silent on the matter.
There was no use in offering a negative outcome, the night had been going disturbingly well for the last while.

Tim could feel the impending crash in the back of his mind, he was growing more and more exhausted as he moved. The physical exertion of breaking into the secure lockup had also been quite draining.

"I think I need to crash" Tim said, almost awkwardly as he caught up with Jason. The shattered look returning to his near colorless eyes. It was clear he wasn't going to get much of a rest, he hadn't even begun unpacking his own emotions from the nights events.
Getting high and going on a little mischief run had been a good way to keep him from imploding for a few hours. Unfortunately it was something he could only push back, the feelings of dread and anxiety had begun creeping back in.

Tim also had been worried that he would wear out this short term good will soon. He had been moved to close quarters now, he didn't want to risk causing any upset.
Not to mention his lack of interest in seeing Damian, Tim loved himself more than to be stuck in a room with two people who enjoyed tormenting him.

For a few moments it might seem as though Tim was waiting to be dismissed, though he caught himself slightly. Nausea, pain, and a host of other feelings were bubbling up inside of him now.

Certain he looked terrible as he made his leave, Tim turned to enter the dorm he now shared with Jason.

Alone for the first time in hours and since his real panic had begun to set in, Tim crumbled the minute the door had shut behind him.
Painful, ragged, breathing lead into an unpleasant but relatively quiet series of panicked sobs.
He was finally in a safe space where he could afford to come to terms with the events of the last few hours. For a few painful minutes, Tim tried to address everything he was feeling. Quickly he learned he wasn't ready yet, not by a long shot, to come to terms with the last 24 hours he'd endured. The night had been impossibly long, the bruises from the scuffles having since formed angrily on his skin.

The idea of even beginning to hunt for the next people he needed to see was overwhelming in it's own right. The perfect project for someone who already rarely slept.
He could feel his body complaining for sustenance but even the thought of coffee repulsed him.

Lotheralaix Lotheralaix

Elliott
"Or maybe this is a double bluff? How do I know I can trust you?" He retorted back, his tone light."But I can play along if you want." He conceded, swapping the poistions of his legs. He noticed the glow and knew there was really only one thing he could say. He used her own words right back at her. "Do you always glow or are you just happy to see me?"

Educational reasons was such a good cover for travelling, as long as nobodg asked what kind of education then you were free to go anywhere you ever wanted. John had frequently used that excuse when he travelled with Elliott and annoying customs asked "shouldn't he be in school?" in that matter of fact way that all travel officials seemed to possess.

"I suppose we will. It can't be illegal to leave the grounds at night." He mused "So what is there nearby that might be vaguely interesting?"

Lyth Lyth (Tabitha)

Scott
Scott's angle gave him an excellent view of the serpent tattoo near his roommates ear. It looked like ot could have a double meaning. The snake itself being one, and the symbol the snake coiled into being another. Maybe he was just over thinking it, and the design was something that A.J and his siblings thought looked cool at the time.

Scott looked at the codes. At first the lines seemed like little more than gibberish to him. But as he examined it closer, he began to understand. They were similarities between the codes. Not just in the operational lines, but in other parts. The layout was virtually identical too. Coincidence? A.J. seemed to think so. Scott didn't know exactly what this meant, maybe it was just the same programme being used for Jason's chip as was used on some other device. Or maybe this was the way that this type of code was meant to be writen.

"they're similar." He finally answered "but what does that mean?"
Concord Concord (A.J.)

Ollie looked between Clint and Lily and a frown came to his face. "What happened to you in the past?"

He wanted to help the kid. He knew it was his job, but in a weird way he felt obliged to help her out.

@Miasmith17
Lily look at oliver with a frown:"this isnt the first time this has happened to me, i have this weird memory....when i was five i was playing then suddenly something hard struck my head knocking me out....when i woke up i had bandage wraps on my head and thats when vlad came in being worried. But as he left i could have swore that now his frown disappeared. That day i had my first nightmare...after that when i turned twelve he started to train me and cut me. The cutting open didnt stop, if i didnt do as he said he would cut me open. I tried to focus on the mission but then i became friends with his mortal enemy and then fell in love with him. But because of being cut open alot in the past my body wont heal, it just stopped after the tenth time"

Clint raise an eyebrow:"you fell in love with his enemy? Thats intresting...."
LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Another delighted laugh left Tabitha when he commented on the double bluff, glad she’d found someone with a good sense of humor. His next comment on her bright reactions caused her to narrow her eyes in a teasing manner.

“Flattery now eh? Been brushing up on your James Bond? I don’t have the codes, Elliott”

Always redirecting, Tabitha was sure she’d finally met someone who made a habit of being as vague as she was.

“It’s a little late tonight, but I know on Fridays the underground opens up in town, might be interesting for you to see. Want to sneak out of the dance and go to a real party with me?” The question may have come off more inviting than she’d intended but Tabitha really couldn’t help herself when it came to prospective mischief.

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_

Elliott
"Bond? Please, you wound me." He made a dramatic gesture acting as if he had been just stabbed, falling backwards slightly before righting himself and continuing "I'm more of a Mission Impossible guy to be honest, So I guess I'll have to some kind of intricately planned heist to get those codes instead" He was enjoying this conversation far too much. Was this what normal interaction with people was meant to be like? It was refreshing either way. It helped that Tabitha had a sense of humour and vagueness like his own.

He raised an eyebrow at her offer. He hadn't known about the dance until some teacher mentioned it in class. He had instantly started trying to come up with a way to get out of it. His bes one had involved putting a curse on himself that would make him violently ill for that night. But here was Tabitha offering up an idea on a platter. And he wasn't going to let this good opportunity pass.

"Oh most definitely. I've been trying to think of a way to get out of that blasted dance ever since I heard about it."

Lyth Lyth (Tabitha)

“Mission impossible? Nice name drop, sure you’re not from here?” Tabitha said, slyly before she seemed to falter. A not so subtle sound of vibration could be heard coming from her left back pocket, where her phone or rather umbilical cord was located.

“Right on time” She said, though her tone wasn’t quite displeased, she was never unhappy to hear from Cable. Tabitha let the call go to voicemail, the call could be returned when she wasn’t finally making friends.

She was thrilled that Elliott got her sense of humor and seemed genuinely interested in blowing off the dance.

“Alright, want to meet up in the east corner after the first half hour, make our escape?” Tabitha was quite serious now, wanting cement these plans before he received a better offer and she was left exploring on her own.

The vibration sounded again and Tabitha actually pulled the device out to silence it.

“I should probably go give the old man a call back, he worries. I’ll look for you up here tomorrow” She said, the confidence in her tone never faltering. Tabitha was bold and prided herself in it, though she had learned a great deal of tact in the last few years.

A bit of an awkward wave followed before the blond slipped back through the roof access and took off towards her dorm, her phone rang once more.

Her call would be pleasant but mildly exasperated, Cable wanting to know how she fared on her first day, and of course to find out if she’d been behaving herself.

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_

Anya look at him:"thats cool, you might meet him eventually...not everyone meets their roommates on the first day"
She slowly eats and then finishes
BaikynTakyr BaikynTakyr
Now that they'd both finished, Peter slowly rose from the table, throwing his backpack over his shoulders.

"Well, I suppose I'm just gonna, uh, head back to the dorms." To grab my suit, he thought to himself. "Really hoping they didn't give out homework today," Peter remarked with a chuckle.

Meeting Anya's eyes, a small but warm smile graced his features. "I'm glad to have bumped into you."

Now that they'd both finished, Peter slowly rose from the table, throwing his backpack over his shoulders.

"Well, I suppose I'm just gonna, uh, head back to the dorms." To grab my suit, he thought to himself. "Really hoping they didn't give out homework today," Peter remarked with a chuckle.

Meeting Anya's eyes, a small but warm smile graced his features. "I'm glad to have bumped into you."
Anya look at peter:"well they taught and gave some assignments....they arent due till wedsnday"
She smiled back at him:"same here, i guess i will see you around then"
BaikynTakyr BaikynTakyr

Anya look at peter:"well they taught and gave some assignments....they arent due till wedsnday"
She smiled back at him:"same here, i guess i will see you around then"
BaikynTakyr BaikynTakyr
"Oh good. Maybe I can ask Dick to fill me in on those," Peter said, pensively. As he turned to leave, he gave Anya once last glance, brown eyes twinkling with warmth. "Yeah, definitely, see ya around!"

At that, he departed, striding along back to his dorm.
richard: LibbyM098 LibbyM098

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back