• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Manhatten Hero High School AU

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lily whisper lowly:"listen thor was it? Loki is....i like him and he likes me so please back off you are annoying the other students.....and you are going to get us in trouble if you keep talking......what you describe him as isnt loki at all"
She hold loki hand
Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Maria30 Maria30

Last edited:
Raven set her head on the wall. She realized she should probably be in class, but just shrugged. She put her head in her hands and drowned herself in thoughts.

Rai hadn't noticed much about Scott's appearance. to her he didn't appear as humans do to each other. She couldn't see physical bodies, only whats inside. A good trait for one who needed to know quickly who was immediately trust worthy or not. Although, the horseman rarely ever did fully trust anyone. Amber eyes settle on Scott... but they seem... off. As if looking deeper, not just at his face... as if she was staring right into his inner being. and she was.

I know, everyone seems so. Different. Rai mentions, looking around for just a moment. Every soul was always diffrent... but this group was even more unique. Each shining a bit brighter... or darker than normal.

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Maria30 Maria30

Jason snorted from where he had been sitting in the back of the class. Either boot was crossed at the ankle on the back of an empty chair now straightening as he leaned into his desk to properly address the conversation that he'd been listening in on.

"Different would be the understatement of the year." When he spoke it was with added mirth to his tone. His eyes slid slowly over the girl as if sizing her up, then to bounce over to the other participant - Scott if he heard correctly. "Did you expect us all to be cut from the same measly cloth like a bunch of soulless goons?"

Rude. He was being very rude to the pair for seemingly no reason. However that didn't stop him from leaning even closer still causing the leather of his jacket to sigh out from it's distress against the wood of the desk. Lecture be damned.

"It's a god damn zoo in here." The junior finished with a smile quirking the corners of his lips.

Demonhunter Demonhunter _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_

Rai just slowly blinks as a man stands, insisting on being insufferable. Rai didn't take to that too well. The stony appearance didn't waiver... but the unsettling aura around her grew far more intense until the lights in her vicinity began to flicker, releasing a groan under the pressure as they threatened to burst. The floor surrounding her grew a light mist... fog. The unequal distribution in pressure often creating cold spots which in an otherwise warm room made fog as the temperature dipped into chilling cold spots. The sense of mounting dread around her grew, the horrible feeling of something not being right, the urge to run even grew. A devil was meant to be terrifying, the aura was only natural.

I believe the term soulless unless used literally is derogatory. Only one person in the room is truly soulless. The devil hums, voice ringing like church bells at a funeral. He wanted to size her up? Rai may be a relatively peaceful devil, but her propensity to deal with rudeness was not to be underestimated. An angry devil was dangerous, no matter how 'tame' they may be. Rai wasn't angry... yet. Just growing irritated.

First day in a new place and someone already wanted to start something. Just her luck.

Lotheralaix Lotheralaix _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_

If he was smiling before, Jason's features blown into a full on cheshire grin from the response that he was given. It wasn't her words that struck a chord with him, but the overall change of her demeanor that spoke volumes from the quieting room. Seems that they had stirred up quite the attention, now hadn't it? He made no apology as he stood to fully disrupt the class, dragging his chair behind him as he did to bring right between the pair. He flipped around the chair in his hand so that the back may face Rai, squatting down in the chair with either arm folded over top in a languid pose.

"I must say misty," the word was punctuated with a wave of his hand to indicate the fog that had formed below the female's feet. "You have me practically drooling - at the edge of my seat. Tell me, who here is so wrong that they are considered soulless by the very definition?"

Leering, Jason was leering at the girl. Did he have any intention to fight her or the companion - Gin was it (Scott)- or that of the class. No, oh no! By far! Jason was just having some fun here, wanting to stir things up for a little bit of entertainment that wasn't given by the teacher standing at the front of the room.

Demonhunter Demonhunter _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_

Demonhunter Demonhunter _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Lotheralaix Lotheralaix
Bruce banner looked at the three:"excuse me, mr todd, rai and scott...is there something more important than my lesson on dangerous chemicals to be interrupting my class?"
His eyes turned green, hulk green
Bruce stood there looking at the three......

Rai couldn't exactly remember how school worked, what exactly was supposed to happen. All she really knew was 'sit at a desk, dont kill anyone and don't do devil things.' She was confident she could meet the first two expectations, but not doing devil things was getting harder and harder. The more prodding she endured the harder it became to look normal. To look alive. She wasn't going to be able to hold it.

Oh well. How bad could it be? Everyone else seemed fine and open with it. She didn't know what they looked like, but it was a school for the abnormal. It was like the color began fading from her skin, like dispelling a mirage of water and the human girl was gone. In her place a beast that terrified even the strongest of hell. Her skin flowered with black markings, her snakeish eyes boring a hole into Jason as if she intended to set his very soul on fire with a glance. Horns spiraled back off her head like a regal crown of excellency and dread. Ink colored hair curled into ringlets before fading to smoke at the ends. The devil leans forward, a wicked grin crossing ruby lips. I believe I was referring to myself. The devil hums. Now I would enjoy getting on with.... oh.
Poor Mr.Banner. She hadn't really realized how this whole thing works. So THAT'S which soul she was supposed to be paying attention to. On of the many downsides to never seeing faces. It was hard to tell who was supposed to be talking. Terribly sorry. Still trying to remember school things. It's been a while. The smile the devil gave was genuine, her eyes seeming much more focused now that they weren't illusions.

The pressure around her dispersed as did the fog, the lights around her let up back to their fill luminosity.
Now what was it about chemicals? She resumes, as if nothing at happened at all.

Comicwolf Comicwolf Lotheralaix Lotheralaix _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_

Did this girl really - and the look on everyone's faces!

Jason could damn well read a room. Dangerous. This girl was dangerous. He thought that maybe it would take at least a full class worth of poking and prodding minimum to see what was going on in that little head, but ten minutes? That was impressive if he did say so himself!

And Bruce, lovely lovely bruce. One thing to be seeing this creature before him, but to see the glow of the green monster was enough for Jason to wipe a tear from his eye. As quickly as the room had gone quiet, it was filled with belly aching laughter on his part. Who would have thunk that little words was enough to enact not one, but two (near on Bruce's part) transformations? The teen doubled over, holding onto the chair desperately like he was going to float away from said laughter. He could be placed in detention for the third time this week for all he cared, this was truly where the fun was!

Once Jason calmed he lay his head over his crossed arms on the chair smile still well in place. "You know Bruce, you just might be my favorite teacher."

Comicwolf Comicwolf Demonhunter Demonhunter

Bruce banner sighed:"rai please control your self or else you will be sitting outside....as for you mr todd.....go to your father office........now....not only did you disrupt my class....from the learning....you caused a mutant to change her form and scared the damn class.......both of you out now....."
His eyes turned normal
Demonhunter Demonhunter Lotheralaix Lotheralaix
Maria30 Maria30 Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_

"Not daddy dearest!" Jason cried out dramatically the act being followed by a hand placed over his heart in an earnest fashion. Laughter threatened to bubble past his lips as he walked down the row of desks, stopping briefly so that he may insert himself into yet another conversation he wasn't a part of. What could he say? He was perceptive. Just because he looked like he was lulling off in the back of the class prior to this 'incident' didn't mean that he wasn't paying attention.

"You deserve far better Thor, trust me, I have excellent taste." Jason spared a wink over his shoulder at his senior.

Taking his leave from the classroom then Jason instead wait for Rai to join him outside. He leaned on the wall, leg propped up so that it may connect with the locker behind himself. He had absolutely no intention on going to the principal's office.

Comicwolf Comicwolf Demonhunter Demonhunter Maria30 Maria30

Rai blinks, confused. So looking normal wasn't acceptable for her? Was she really that scary? This was just her face. Am I that unnerving? Rai blinks, head tilting, trying to fix a mental image in her head. She herself didn't even know what she looked like. Must be pretty damn scary. Rai knew she had that aura of dread that naturally made her seem 'off', but she did try to suppress it best she could. But that, as well as her illusion of being human took constant attention. Any slip and she lost it. To be fair. I didn't change form. I just look like this. I came in with an illusion up. I assumed since everyone else was... not entirely human for lack of better words, I assumed it'd be acceptable to be comfortable. But the again, History proves humans are terrified of demons so I guess that makes sense. Rai shrugs as she gets up. A bit of rage was growing at the back of her mind as she stands. She hadn't attacked anyone, she'd simply revealed what she really was after losing her concentration. Yet she was still seen as scary.

Rai's spaded tail whips around as Rai's aura of pure terror got to wreaking havoc on the lights again, one giving a small groan before the glass cracks as she passes it on the way out. The second she's in the hall and the door is closed she glares pure daggars into Jason, the lights in the ceiling going out and shattering into a fine glass powder under the pressure, raining down on her. Pull anything like that again and I will take your soul into the darkest pit of hell I can find. The devil was getting angrier. To anger Rai was an accomplishment. Although the trophy was often their own skulls.

Lotheralaix Lotheralaix Comicwolf Comicwolf

Jason didn't think to duck under the shower of glass that he was met with, nor did he shy away from the darkness that was brought about by the girl who entered the hallway. His right hand came up to pinch the bridge of his nose in mock annoyance. So much as sighed to help get the point across.

"You know, if you keep breaking shit like that you're going to get expelled."

The annoyance from before vanished into thin air as he pushed himself away from the wall. Either hand now stuffed into the leather pockets of his jacket. He moved in just a step closer to Rai offering up another minx like grin for the girl. "Threatening another student - tempting as it may be - is also grounds for being expelled." Jason remind the girl. He wasn't terrified of her in the least bit, intrigued yes, by scared? By far. If anything he saw a potential for friendship budding between the pair. In the very least he did know when it was time to stop pushing buttons. Rai would be an excellent addition to his future plans and overall life. Shoulders falling slack he turned away from the girl and begun to walk down the now dark hallway.

"If you ever need someone to get in trouble with, I'll be around!"

Demonhunter Demonhunter

Rai growls in annoyance. She couldn't help the lights thing. That just happened the pressure she naturally made disrupted electricity. She could NEVER not disrupt electronic devices, that was just rai, lights going out was also common, Older bulbs were prone to bursting in her presence and when her ominous aura grew, as did the pressure. Its not really something she can stop, she existed, lights broke.

Why did she care so much about this school? She was a devil. She'd still be alive by the time it was reduced to ruins and rubble. So why bother? Perhaps a sense of normalcy she craved.

Her snake like eyes narrow as Jason steps closer. Ballsy. He was one of the only people who wasn't terrified of her at first. But she wasn't too happy with him still. Had to be that the one person she'd encounter that wasn't terrified had to be one to prod at her like that. Well shit. The devil huffs, looking back up at the shattered light. Her arms cross as she thinks about what to do about that. She couldn't really fix it herself. she'd just burst the next bulb too.
Lotheralaix Lotheralaix

(Excuse the shit reply, but I really don't know where to go from here since I'm not interacting with anyone and am pretty sure that no one is playing as BW right now)

As he walked down the hallway he begun to whistle a mindless tune to himself, boots clanking on the marble of the floor. Just as he was to pass the corner he stopped, turning to offer up a final look at Rai and a small wave. Blink and she would have missed it. Jason didn't rush to his dorm room right away, instead choosing to go up to the roof of the school where he could sit with his legs hanging over. Either arm crossed behind his head he laid back with his head now in the clouds.

(*cough cough raises hand*)
Bruce was in his office waiting for jason, after barton told him about what he did,
Bruce sighed feeling anger, this school was one place left for any metas, mutants or people to come without being put in jail to learn and develop their ways.
Clint turn on hallway speakers:"mr jason todd to the principals office....."
Lotheralaix Lotheralaix

(You are everyone oh my gosh)

Jason was jostled from his day dreaming when he heard his name sound over the school intercom. He knew it best to go down and see his 'father' - the sooner the better - however the teen couldn't be bothered to leave the spot that he was currently occupying. Call it rebellious angst or perhaps a lingering bitterness swelt deep within his chest. Jason stayed put. By far the stone below his back was more comfortable than anything that could be found in the office.

He weighed out his options further. He would get scolded once more, that was for sure. Given a lecture about good things from bad. Being offered help for the umpteenth time. Rolling onto his side dreary eyes fluttered shut. He avoided Wayne like he was the plague, why would now be any different?

Comicwolf Comicwolf

Clint barton checks his camera monitor and sees jason. He walks out of the office secretary desk and into the hallway heading straight for jason
Lotheralaix Lotheralaix

Jason can already hear the footsteps approaching and he knows that he's been caught. He doesn't spare the man a glance when the footsteps stop right before him. What else is he going to do? Jump off the roof? Please.

"Now what goon did good ole father send?" Jason was entirely too dismissive as he sat himself up, leaning into his hands.

Clint.

He always fancied Clint. The man knew that words weren't needed in most situations, and when he did open his mouth to speak it was either snarky or surprisingly insightful. Clint was a good man in his mind. Not to mention, the overall laid back nature that came with him. Of all people to come and retrieve the rebellious Todd he was happy to see that it was Clint.

Comicwolf Comicwolf

Rai was still a bit confused about the light. She’s bursted it... didn’t want to leave it like that. People generally didn’t like it if you broke things and left them broken.

Snake eyes lift to see another soul coming down the halway. “Hey. I busted a light. What am I supposed to do about that?” She asks as he goes by.

Comicwolf Comicwolf

Clint looked at her:"i dont know tell the janitor or fix it yourself
He looked at jason:"ok your father is trying to look out for you and richard, he is funding the school and without his money we would go under. Bruce wayne is a nice billionaire man who sometimes gets moody because you do something wrong. He is giving you one last chance to not screw up.......he wants you to find out more about rai and make sure jean gray doesnt go out of control" Lotheralaix Lotheralaix Demonhunter Demonhunter

Jason listened intently to what Clint had to say. The mentioning of Richard was enough to have his blood boiling - daddy's favorite. It wasn't a well kept fact that he and Bruce were at odds with another, and with that came the boy wonder wedging himself even further apart. Really, he couldn't be angry when this was his own doing but that didn't stop the slow burn within his chest.

And there it was! They needed him to play nice so that they could keep getting funded. This wasn't an intervention, it was a simple "Get your shit together" call from the archer. Man, did his respect grow further. Always so straight forward!

Jason was pinching at the bridge of his nose again in attempt to calm himself down. Get in line, and be a little snitch. When on earth had he earned this reputation? An eye on the streets but an eye on his classmates? S N I T C H. And to think, he and Rai were friends (they most certainly were not)! Jean deserved some privacy as well (when the hell did he ever care for privacy?)! Wasn't she barely a freshmen? No one wanted some creepy upperclassmen - the principal's 'son' at that - to be watching them that closely.

"So you want me to lie?" Jason stated bluntly as he stood up from his spot. "Come on Clint, can't we just have a normal conversation?"

One last chance. And what was Bruce going to do? Let him die again?

Comicwolf Comicwolf

The strange girl transforming into a demon didn't phase Scott in the slightest. He had seen things like that before, mainly with himself. But what was irritating him was the new guy-Jason who was being an absolute a-hole. He could feel his anger rising, not good, not good at all. And judging by the reaction of Bruce he wasn't the only one, the teacher was starting to mutate too.

But the teacher could get himself under control easily, Scott couldn't. The noise was building up, a gradual crescendo growing everything out. When Bruce mentioned his name it was as if he was speaking through a giant pool of water, rippling and distorting the words.

He could feel the transformation itching to come, and he was fighting it all the way. He was shaking slightly and his eyes had deepened to a blood-red colour. His shoulders were splitting open, his wings attempting to break free. God only knows what it looked like to everyone else.

Diamond patterns were forming around his eyes, deepening to black. He was fighting a losing battle. To anyone on the outside, it was fully clear he was losing control.

He reached to the back of his combat boot and pulled out a sleek dagger. Trembling he pulled down the sleeve of his hoodie, revealing a mess of self-inflicted scars and drew the knife across his wrist in one swoop.

Blood spurted out, making him gasp, but more importantly jolting him back into control.

Comicwolf Comicwolf Demonhunter Demonhunter

Fix it yourself
Rai was about to point out how horrid of an idea that was but Clint just left. Alright time to give this a go.

Rai leaves to go try to find a supply closet. The second she does a shower of sparks fly from the outlets as the pressure keeping the electricity back is released.

Ho boy.

She watches the sparks shower down for a second before deciding she needed to find that bulb quickly before something caught fire. She walks through about three different closet before finding one with lightbulbs.. of several different kinds. Why so many different kinds of bulbs if the purpose is the same?! She takes several coming back to the shower if sparks to find a blackened spot in the tile. Whoops.

She looks to the ceiling before summoning grimorrah to give her a boost. The horse comes up from hell screaming but was forced to sit still for Rai to climb up to the light. By this point the light socket was angry. The electricity jolting through the wires, nearby lights dimming and flickering.

The devil frowns, moving to screw on the new bulb.

POP

And the lights were out.. in the whole hall. Maybe even some of the class rooms. Whoops.
Comicwolf Comicwolf
(How many demons does it take to screw in a lightbulb. None. They short circuit the building when they try)

It was just as he made the cut that the lights went out. Scott let out a sigh of relief. Hopefully this would prove enough of distraction that people would temporarily forget about the boy who literally slit his wrist in front of them.

The dark didn't bother him at all. He slipped the knife back into his boot and pulled out some bandage from his bag, which he wrapped around the wound before pulling the hoodie sleeve down over it.

Demonhunter Demonhunter Comicwolf Comicwolf @anyoneelseintheroomwilkingtorespond

Users who are viewing this thread

Back