• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom X-Men : Devolution (Closed)

I like this concept but I've never really played with realistic FCs and have no idea how to go about finding one. Would entirely written descriptions be acceptable or is there a site that is a good source for FCs?
Heya - I suggest looking on Pinterest or just google images - terms like the preferred hair colour or eye colour, ethnicity, 'model' or 'casual' 'formal' for clothing makes it quite easy. The trick is to find something kinda what you want, and then jump down the rabbit hole. If you click on the image, look at the similar ones. Refine over time. I am going to ask that you have one - as it really helps people remember and picture your character. If you have a hard time, please let me know. I can help, and I have some editing skills. If you need like green skin or whatever, send me the pic and I can try. Can't promise much - but I can try. :)

Hey, loving your enthusiasm, but we are going for a more 'grounded' feel for this. Different dimensions and the like seems a bit out there for what we have in mind. Most mutants are no longer mutants. Only a few now exist and only a few have powers that are 'out there'.
What's your reference point for a grounded X-Men story, for reference?
If you could point to a run, show or movie, I'd appreciate it.

What's your reference point for a grounded X-Men story, for reference?
If you could point to a run, show or movie, I'd appreciate it.
I would say something in the line of First Class the movie. Fantastical in its own right, but still grounded in our reality. No extra planar beings, or aliens or even other superheroes. An enclosed story that does not really require knowledge of Kree, and Avengers, other planes or races, and all that. For instance there are no vampires and witches, or magic really. No alien tech. The plot will be focused on characters and their wants and desires reacting to some external stimuli. Requiring consideration and exploration but within the realms of that reality. I hope that makes sense. If not, please let me know.

I would say something in the line of First Class the movie. Fantastical in its own right, but still grounded in our reality. No extra planar beings, or aliens or even other superheroes. An enclosed story that does not really require knowledge of Kree, and Avengers, other planes or races, and all that. For instance there are no vampires and witches, or magic really. No alien tech. The plot will be focused on characters and their wants and desires reacting to some external stimuli. Requiring consideration and exploration but within the realms of that reality. I hope that makes sense. If not, please let me know.
I appreciate that you're at least doing it to try and be on-brand with something. That's something I respect in RPs and writing in general.
Some RPs draw the line at weird places with the plausibility of superheroes for little to no reason.

I appreciate that you're at least doing it to try and be on-brand with something. That's something I respect in RPs and writing in general.
Some RPs draw the line at weird places with the plausibility of superheroes for little to no reason.
I do enjoy a level of in universe coherence. It's all good an well until suddenly Kitty Pride is a vampire and wolverine is dating Hercules while Charles is enslaving a sentient version of Cerebro... So yeah. Drawing the line in the more conservative movie universe seems a good starting point.

I do enjoy a level of in universe coherence. It's all good an well until suddenly Kitty Pride is a vampire and wolverine is dating Hercules while Charles is enslaving a sentient version of Cerebro... So yeah. Drawing the line in the more conservative movie universe seems a good starting point.
See, I like that kind of stuff, but I see why you wouldn't want an RP like this to be that.

See, I like that kind of stuff, but I see why you wouldn't want an RP like this to be that.
Understandable. But when you want a semi coherent RP I feel it best to reign it in a bit. There is a time and place for those kinds of stories. Not in this RP though. Thanks for you interest, glad you took the time!

I'll be getting that CS up before bed, don't worry. I hope you lot have been thinking about some amazing heroes and edgy misfits to torture poor Charles's non-telepathic soul. I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Last edited:
UPDATE - OOC is in place

Really impressed with what I see so far. I have decided on setting up a Discord. When your characters are accepted, I will send the link out. I'll get on making my own character. I'll be available for most of the evening, should anyone require anything.

Skyla Munson

Eighteen | Female

『𝚐 𝚎 𝚗 𝚎 𝚛 𝚊 𝚕』

ɴɪᴄᴋɴᴀᴍᴇs/ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɴᴀᴍᴇs
None, feel free to give her some!

ᴍᴏʀᴀʟ ᴀʟɪɢɴᴍᴇɴᴛ
True Neutral

『𝚊 𝚝 𝚝 𝚛 𝚒 𝚋 𝚞 𝚝 𝚎 𝚜』

ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ᴏғ ʜᴀɪʀ | Silver Grey
ᴘʀᴇғᴇʀʀᴇᴅ sᴛʏʟᴇ | Space Buns, Bangs
ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ᴏғ ᴇʏᴇs | Ocean Blue

ʜᴇɪɢʜᴛ | 5’2
ʙᴏᴅʏ ʙᴜɪʟᴅ | Fit for Archery
ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ | 109lbs

ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇxɪᴏɴ | Light Tan
ᴇᴛʜɴɪᴄɪᴛʏ | Greek, South American {Argentinian}

『 𝚍 𝚒 𝚜 𝚙 𝚘 𝚜 𝚒 𝚝 𝚒 𝚘 𝚗 』

ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ
Swift in both mind and body, she thrives better in the wilderness and at night, while the moon has risen. To others, she might appear as cold or standoffish, but animals enjoy the calm aura she exudes. Love is a touchy subject for her, ultimately turned off by the idea, she finds it hard to comprehend. This does not only apply to romantic love, which is why Skyla is prone to surrounding herself with no company

ᴘᴏsɪᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪᴛs
‣ Good-natured
‣ Intelligent
‣ Attentive

ɴᴇɢᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛʀᴀɪᴛs
‣ Can rude and prone to snapping when impatient
‣ Gullible at times
‣ Both logical and sentimental, which often leads to conflict

ʜᴀʙɪᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ǫᴜɪʀᴋs
‣ Twisting the moonstone around her neck, whenever she feels uncomfortable
‣ Knowledgeable of Obscure Animals

『𝚌 𝚊 𝚙 𝚊 𝚋 𝚒 𝚕 𝚒 𝚝 𝚒 𝚎 𝚜』

ᴀʙɪʟɪᴛɪᴇs
Skyla’s abilities are all connected to the moon, by drawing her power from that celestial object, she is able to accomplish feats such as . . .

‣Lunar Manipulation; Those with this ability are capable of drawing energy from the moon and the manipulation of certain aspects. Skyla can generate lunar energy, often which appears in a pale grey and exudes frigid temperatures. Skyla can expel moon dust from her palms, excreted from her sweat glands. This white glittery substance is known to be able to put people to sleep or induce madness, although using it is similar to using her own life force

‣ Minor Time Manipulation; Due to the connection time has with the moon, it enables the user to stop time, fast forward or go backward. Although, Skyla only has control over pausing time for a few seconds at this time

ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇssᴇs
‣ Solar Attacks; The moon is the polar opposite to the sun, if not for the moonstone she wears around her neck, Skyla’s powers would be significantly weakened during the day. If the opponent she is fighting is stronger than her, being hit with direct solar attacks has this affect
‣ Heat & Fire

sᴋɪʟʟs
‣ Archery&Hunting
‣ Master of the Outdoors
‣ Knowledgable about obscure animals

『𝚒 𝚗 𝚟 𝚎 𝚗 𝚝 𝚘 𝚛 𝚢』

ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴs
‣ Bow of Atalanta

ᴀᴛᴛɪʀᴇ
Tomboyish; wears an insane amount of green

『𝚋 𝚊 𝚌 𝚔 𝚜 𝚝 𝚘 𝚛 𝚢』

The gods have evolved from creating a union between a human—not all of them of course (cough Zeus cough) therefore those gods still make their half-blood children the traditional way. While others—every year on the summer solstice—issue reincarnations of themselves as humans, using the bodies of these unborn children as husks. They manage to accomplish this by sending their quintessence to mutate the child in question, some newborns die because it is simply not meant to be. . .

It had been several lifetimes. Artemis spent a considerable amount of time in the mortal world, more often than not an assistant to many scientists working in the astronomy department. There she met Ryan Munson, a young astronomer who had a fixation on the moon. Reincarnated from Orion the Great Hunter, the fates brought them together again, but alas Artemis could not bring herself to pursue him after their past. The last time she saw him, on the night of a full moon, Artemis stood firm in her decision. They shared a kiss goodbye, and unbeknownst to him—a kiss that would later create life. Artemis truly did feel blessed by the fates because they allowed her one last memory with her beloved Orion, but there was another motive for kissing him. With that kiss, Artemis makes him unconscious and steals a large amount of his blood, not enough to kill him, but enough to make a doctor worry

After the kiss was over, Ryan Munson was mysteriously in his home and he could not for the life of him remember how he got there, he also felt fatigued, as if he hadn’t slept for days, but this was only because Artemis had taken his blood. Being a cautious man, this scares him and he starts seeing a therapist shortly after.

In hopes of creating an everlasting reminder of the love they could have shared, shaped from moonlight and given breaths of life by her mother—this was the night, Skyla was born. Composed of ichor and the DNA from her father’s blood. As cries rang throughout the woods, the animals began to encircle Skyla, imitating family crowding over the newborn

Reluctantly, she was brought back to her father the next morning. The only time she got to hold, kiss, touch, and speak to Skyla was then

Growing up Skyla was always quite awkward, and different from the children around her, is that she was never completely flesh and blood. Although skeptical of her at first, her father seemed to eventually cherish his daughter and raise her to be normal to no avail

Around the time Skyla reached ten years old, her father began doing odd things, almost taking on a new persona and coincidentally, this was around the same time he started seeing someone. Within such a short period of time, this person became his wife, after all the years he spent showing disinterest toward other women. This creates a rift between Skyla and her father, as her potential stepmother is not too fond of him already having children

Eight years pass, in the present day. About a year has passed since the presumed death of her father. Even now, she is seen by others as a spectacle, this annoys her greatly and is part of the reason why she finds solace in keeping to herself

Skyla is not considered a demigod, although she still has the ichor of Artemis running through her veins. Instead, she would be considered something of a scion of the goddess of the hunt, this is due to her father's blood outweighing the ichor. Artemis decides that she does not want Skyla to attract enemies, therefore she ensures that the only daughter she will ever have does not get a lot of her ichor, only the bare minimum required to bring her to life. Skyla is mostly mortal and only about 1/4th divine. Once the new mutants started manifesting, so did her abilities which she inherited from Artemis. If not for the new mutants, her abilities would have remained dormant

『𝚝 𝚛 𝚒 𝚟 𝚒 𝚊 𝚕 𝚜』

ᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ
‣ While using abilities, specks of white appear the irises of Skyla’s eyes resembling stars
‣ Speaks, writes, and understands Spanish, Greek, and Latin
‣ Favorite Color is Forest Green

Faceclaim In Progress!
I don't mean to be a dick but I'm not sure this really suits the RP, just based on what Typestitute said across the last few pages about making it grounded and like the movie continuity.
Plus she just started a character page.

I don't mean to be a dick but I'm not sure this really suits the RP, just based on what Typestitute said across the last few pages about making it grounded and like the movie continuity.
Plus she just started a character page.
Hey. Thanks for looking out. While I appreciate it, I'd like the chance to go over the cs's myself and then contact the people privately if there are any concerns. Just to keep it nice and civil, yeah? Thanks for looking out though. Good to see some excitement for it all.

Hey. Thanks for looking out. While I appreciate it, I'd like the chance to go over the cs's myself and then contact the people privately if there are any concerns. Just to keep it nice and civil, yeah? Thanks for looking out though. Good to see some excitement for it all.
Yeah, I thought I overstepped my boundaries the second I did that. I'm sorry.

I am somewhat interested, but I'm a bit confused at the plot. I see there's a powers section in the cs, but the X-Event reversed the X-gene activation causing mutants to not be able to activate their powers...right? So is this an rp about our teens somehow re-developing/reactivating their powers? Or are they just born with X-gene activated spontaneously just a Project Fools' Hope suggests?

I am somewhat interested, but I'm a bit confused at the plot. I see there's a powers section in the cs, but the X-Event reversed the X-gene activation causing mutants to not be able to activate their powers...right? So is this an rp about our teens somehow re-developing/reactivating their powers? Or are they just born with X-gene activated spontaneously just a Project Fools' Hope suggests?

Event X took place year 2000, and the school opens year 2020. So I'm assuming anyone born 2001+ would be be able to be born with mutations. 16-20 are the ages.

Yeah - our people are just like mutants ever were. Normal humans having children with the dormant X gene. And then it activates. She may have removed the gene but not the potential for the gene to resurface.

Yeah - our people are just like mutants ever were. Normal humans having children with the dormant X gene. And then it activates. She may have removed the gene but not the potential for the gene to resurface.
I took it to mean the gene was deactivated but still there.

I took it to mean the gene was deactivated but still there.
Some thought that, but in reality she edited it out of them. Completely. At one moment in time the x gene did not exist. This is just an reemergence of the gene.

Event X took place year 2000, and the school opens year 2020. So I'm assuming anyone born 2001+ would be be able to be born with mutations. 16-20 are the ages.

Got it. Spontaneous X-gene re-emergence.

Thanks

Some thought that, but in reality she edited it out of them. Completely. At one moment in time the x gene did not exist. This is just an reemergence of the gene.

I didn't do great in my genetics class, but if gene variation and the process of passing them down occurs through the mix and match process of meiosis how does the X-gene re-emerge from non existence? And wouldn't it take an incredibly long time even if it did occur?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back