• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom X-Men : Devolution (IC) (closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
REPOSTED

[class=dialogue] font-weight:bold; color: #cf922e; display:inline; [/class] [class=bkgd] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; width: 400px; height: 500px; background-color: #0B1200; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border: 5px solid #84748e; border-radius: 2%; [/class] [class=bkgdpic] position: absolute; box-sizing: border-box; width: 400px; height: 500px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/S3rbpWn.jpg?1); background-size: 100%; opacity: 1; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; [/class] [class=bkgdgif] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; height:100%; background: url(***); background-size: 100%; opacity: 0.25; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; [/class] [class=pic] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 150px; height: 150px; top: 5%; text-align: center; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/vUOz1jL.png?1); background-size: 100%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border-radius: 50%; border: 5px solid #584e81 ; [/class] [class=pictext] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: -2px; left: -2px; background-color: #0b1003; color: #584e81 ; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border-radius: 50%; border: 2px solid #65a2c3; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 500; line-height: 14px; [/class] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=pic on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 pictext [/script] [script class=pic on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 pictext [/script] [class=textcontainer] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 294px; height: 245px; background-color: #0b1003; border: 2px solid #65a2c3; top: 0%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border-radius: 2%; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; line-height: 14px; color: #c2bac7; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 301px; height: 250px; top: 0%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; line-height: 14px; color: #c2bac7; padding: 5px; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; font-size: 35px; font-weight: 500; color: #cf922e; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px #584e81; top: -3%; text-align: center; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; opacity: 0.7; overflow: hidden; text-align: center; font-family: Segoe UI; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #fff; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; [/class] [div class=bkgd] [div class=bkgdpic] [div class=bkgdgif][/div] [/div] [div class=pic] [div class="pictext hidden"]
Outfit: xxx

Mood: Surprised, anxious.

Interactions: Alice/Insomniac EddieTeddie EddieTeddie
[/div] [/div] [div class=name]Gavrielle "Angel" [/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text] [div class=dialogue][/div] Hover over picture.

Voices.

She could vaguely make out the murmurings of others outside the door, likely other students looking for their room. Part of her hoped that it was someone who was simply browsing the door numbers and go about their way.

What would they be like though, her roommates? She had passed a dozen or so people on the way here, and none of them looked remotely 'weird' like she did. No wings or tails or hair that looked like snakes or something. Well it was possible, wasn't it? A head full of snakes? How was that any weirder than looking like an angel? Surely Medusa was as real as angels now were.

She had closed her eyes for just a moment. Just a small, short moment that allowed her door-bound gaze to rest. And it was in that split second or two that the door opened. In that quick blink of an eye, another girl had entered, a girl who looked normal. Of course, Gavi felt immediately sick again. She shot up from the bed, trying to do something with the mess of feathers that laid all over the bedspread and shown like gilded scythes in the sunlight cast through the window. She swallowed down her fear, or perhaps vomit that was creeping up in her throat, and stared wide-eyed and very much afraid at the young woman in the doorway.

"Holy shit"

That was a reasonable response. Those words were what Gavi had wanted to say the moment she woke up with her mother screaming and she discovered there were feathers all over her room. And her back. But she was brought up differently, religiously, and foul language was as feared as saying Gods name in vain. And yet another short, yet timeless, moment passed, Gavi braced for...well, whatever else was going to come out of the girls mouth. But she should have known. It shouldn't have surprised her as much as it did.

"Wow, those are...beautiful"

Gavrielle's lip quivered as it threatened to open, to question exactly why this girl thought these foreign limbs were beautiful. Didn't she understand they were an impediment? To everything? There were so many nasty things Gavi wanted to say, particularly about how insanely lucky this girl was to just look damn normal. But that wasn't right. There was no sense getting angry at someone else who was in essentially the same situation she was. Though she had been blessed with external normalcy, they were in the same, strange boat.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry. I mean..."

The girl had begun speaking again, taking a moment to, Gavi assumed, pick her next words wisely.

"I'm Alice, your roommate."

Gathering herself, her courage, and willing herself to keep what little breakfast she had eaten earlier that morning down where it belonged, she finally spoke, her jaw wavering as she tried to keep her fear at bay.

[div class=dialogue]"Thank...you."[/div] There was no disguising the anxiety in her voice, the trepidation. [div class=dialogue]"I'm...Gavrielle. But..you...you can call me Gavi."[/div] What was the point in driving a wedge in a relationship that wasn't even formed yet? And what was the point in doing so when they were going to be roommates for God knows how long? She needed a friend, she knew that. But she was so scared of being feared, even if she looked beautiful.

And then it came out. What she was really thinking.

[div class=dialogue]"You don't think I look like a freak? A monster?"[/div] But then someone else showed up behind Alice, a young man dressed in quite the fashionable tux, causing her to exclaim an expletive. She started to flush, but she forced it back; she couldn't start blushing now. Her eyes went a little wide when the young man asked her if she agreed Alice was "not all that bad" either. Was this guy a womanizer or something? But before she could even comment on it, he was pushing through the door. Thankfully though, as she had really hoped, Alice didn't seem to view her as a monster. She chose to use the mans presence as a crutch to ignore the question about thinking anyone would see her as a monster; in fact, her adoptive family thought she may have the devil in her. Fun times.

“I think, since there are only three beds here – my legendary luck has my back yet again.”

Wait...what? What!?

What was this school thinking? Co-ed rooms!? Yeah sure there were three of them, and only one of them was a guy, but if that guy wanted to do anything Gavi wasn't entirely sure she could fend him off. Would it even have to come to that thought? Weren't they all 'in this thing together'? Shaking her head as the man introduced himself. She momentarily couldn't find her voice to reply with her own name.

"Are you fuckings serious? Do normal cocky Americans talk like that, or is it just you?"

Alice seemed a little put off by him and Gavi couldn't exactly blame her. This was going to be a very interesting day, week, however-long this whole thing would last. The rest of her life, maybe? Gavi wondered if they were all going to go insane together.

The guy continued to introduce himself anyway, trying to tell them to ignore his tone and what not. A security blanket of sorts. In some odd way...she could respect that. Hell, she could respect anyone the way they acted except the shivering ball of fear that she felt like. She tensed up when he walked to the window, which happened to be behind her bed, and she avoided his gaze by looking outside. Finally though, he outright asked their names and Alice took it upon herself to respond first.

It actually made Gavi laugh somewhat. Alice's sarcasm and Sig's (yes, that is what Gavi is now mentally calling Siegfried) extroversion. Even though Alice seemed genuinely irritated at him, their commentary was doing well to help Gavi calm down. Finally, it was her turn.

[div class=dialogue]"I'm Gavrielle...Or Gavi, if you want.."[/div] The comment about numbers was completely lost on her for the moment. At the mention of what she and Alice 'did', she wondered if the guy actually thought the wings were just there for the hell of it. [div class=dialogue]"I...I can fly. And I can calm you down."[/div] She wasn't really sure how to explain it other than that. That was the general gist. Alice said she dreamed which also didn't really make sense. Maybe they will all discover it all over the coming weeks or whatever.

[div class=dialogue]"What about you, Sig? What do you do?"[/div] She paused. [div class=dialogue]"I mean, is it alright to call you Sig?"[/div] Might as well ask the same thing.

[/div][/div] [div class=credit]code by sox[/div][/div]

MV5BMTkzNTAyNDYzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzY3MDc3Nw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 KingHalliwell KingHalliwell
Evie filled out some last minute paperwork and was given her room number. Room 101. She had a little map to direct her to her room, but she felt like taking a look around first. Thanks to her dad, she always had a fascination with the mutant teams of old, though he had a rather negative view of the X-Men. At least, for the most part. Still, it felt like walking through a historical site being in the mansion. Considering how much this old building had been through, it was kind of amazing it was still standing. Again, she wondered if history would repeat itself or if this was going to be a true new start for Mutant kind. And even if it was, would someone like Pandora just end it?
After taking an informal tour of the school grounds, Evie decided to head to her assigned room. She wondered who her roommates would be. With an interview with Dr McCoy, she and her step-father had learned that the dorms would be co-ed. They had decided to break it to Mama carefully, as she was rather old fashioned by some things. Well, in some ways, so were Evie and Arthur, but there was enough trust and confidence in their relationship that it was concluded the co-ed part would not be a problem. The only guys she had ever lived with were her father, step-father, and little brother. Considering Gabe, her brother, was only about 4, she wasn’t really sure what this would be like. Still, this place was about new beginnings at all that. Had to try new things to grow.
Evie arrived at room 101 to find two people already there. One guy, one girl. The simian mutant’s face instantly broke into a warm smile.
“Hello! Are you two assigned room 101 too?” She said enthusiastically as she pulled her rolling suitcase in behind her into the room. “I’m Evie! Pleased to meet you both!”
She let go of her rolling suitcase to extend a hand out to whoever would take it. Her tail wrapped around the handle for the suitcase to roll it out of the way of the door.

Jackson Stone

Interactions: Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 RikuXIII RikuXIII
“Honestly, it’s amazing, no matter the season.” Jackson answered, “New Hampshire is great an all but even a couple hours south is like a whole new environment,” he answered, settling on his bed. “I went to a summer camp once, let’s just say the forest isn’t really for me.” He responded, thinking back to his brief time at the summer camp in northern New Hampshire.

“I have control over most forms of liquid, but only as long as it contains some form of water. And if I concentrate really hard, I can freeze the water or make it steam.” Jackson answered, pulling his phone out of his pocket and reading over the notifications he had, “If you think about it, I’m basically a waterbender, right?” He asked in a joking manner, typing out a few replies.

“I’m sure they will, but yeah a prankster might get a little old,” Jackson answered, slipping from the bed, to move some of his shower things into the bathroom. As he walked out of the bathroom the door opened revealing a golden-eyed girl with a tail. Full transparency, the tail took Jackson by surprise. He had seen a few mutations, but he hadn’t seen one that gave the person a tail.

He quickly wiped the shock off his face hoping she didn’t notice, replacing it with a genuine smile. He raised his hand, taking her own in his. “Jackson, but uh, you guys can call me Jax,” Jackson said, “It’s nice to meet you as well.”

“Do you need any help with your bags?”
Jackson asked, looking over to her suitcase.

GASTICIAN - Alisha KaurLocation: Room 102

9de12a9533cdbd7e3a1c0c57835f2773.jpg

Gravity.

As in the force that pulls two bodies together? The one that causes the earth to go around the sun? That gravity? Alisha nodded along attentively as Vi described her powers, her eyes flickering from the luggage stuck to the roof to Vi's floating form in thoughtful contemplation. Play with how objects are affected gravity? Did she alter the properties of objects she touched? Change its mass? Was that how she made herself and the luggage float? Or did she alter the properties of gravity itself? Given the Earth's natural gravity moves towards its center, it the latter seemed just as plausible. The more Vi spoke, the more questions Alisha had. However, she did not voice the questions as she believed powers to be a personal subject and didn't want to pry into what Vi hadn't personally shared. Besides, there was a good chance Vi herself didn't know since, as she'd stated, there was much about her powers she still didn't know. That was why they were in Xavier's Institute for the gifted in the first place.

To learn about their powers.

If there was one thing Alisha could conclude, it was that Vi loved her powers. The energy when she spoke of it. The way she used it when she could, even for the little things. It didn't take a genius to tell. Just as it didn't take a genius to tell that Christian was nervous about dorming with them. Alisha's lips unconsciously curved upward, finding humor in Vi's comments, though she could also sympathize with Christian who was at the brunt of Vi's teasing. Gravity Girl seemed like the playful sort.

"Sure," Taking in a light breath, Alisha blew out a small puff of green smoke towards Vi that dissipated quickly enough -- a little teaser. "After you finish your shower."

She didn't want to keep Vi from cleaning herself and Alisha had little doubt her explanation would be a lengthy one given her mutation's versatile nature. At the very least, Alisha didn't want to be less thorough than Vi was regarding her powers. It just wouldn't be fair. Even if there were advantages to leaving one's powers mysterious, especially if Xavier Institute had them train their powers by fighting each other dojo style (which she hoped not), Alisha's conscience wouldn't allow it. Her policy had always been to give what she was given.

Alisha glanced at Christian. "The male anatomy comes in many different complexions and you shouldn't take to heart what Vi's preferences are. Everybody has a different one. "

Then Alisha smiled, to show she was teasing, and changed the subject. Or, rather, reverted it to the topic Christian had brought up. "Changing in the shower's a good idea. Knocking too, definitely..."

Alisha couldn't count the number of times her sisters had dropped into her room unannounced. She never liked it, as she valued her privacy, but they were young so she excused it. Besides, they were family. There were many things family did that Alisha excused. Sadly neither Vi nor Christian were family. She pointed to the dresser adjacent to her bed and the closet at the opposite end. Next to the closet was an anatomical model, an old companion of hers she had lovingly dubbed Anne. "That's were I put my stuff. Don't open without my permission please."

Her clothes were there, certainly, but also personal items like her diary, feminine products, chemistry set, molecular models, family photos, etc. He hadn't seen her pack so she wanted to ensure no accidents happened. Better to be safe than sorry. "Also, no climbing onto my bed while I'm asleep. Ever."

In order to properly cohabitate, lines had to be made clear from the start. Alisha took these things seriously, even Vi didn't seem to, and while she didn't actually believe either of them would do such things, Alisha wasn't the sort to take risks like some other silly girls she knew.

"I can make us some signs to hang on the bathroom doors whenever they are in use. One for each of us so we'll know who's there at the time." Any extra layer of protection never hurt anyone, but, if Alisha were being honest, she just liked making labels. "Oh, and there should be shower rules too. You know, in case someone takes too long in there..."

Neatly setting aside the pamphlets and schedules given to her during the tour, Alisha pulled out a blank paper and pen from her desk then looked towards Christian expectantly for opinions and thoughts on the subject. If Christian had any ideas, personal or religious rules that needed to be respected, etc it would all be written down. No dorm 102 rules would be set in stone without Vi's opinion, of course, but Alisha saw no harm in getting a head start. There wasn't anything else to do before breakfast anyway.

jaelee jaelee Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Last edited:
Nick Belansky
Lucas Hedges.gif

Two grubby fingers pressed hard against the thick coating of the glass, a flickering cloud of grey and white flying upwards into the horizon to obscure the scene; a whole city skyline hidden behind a thinning shadow of sleet and snow. The flecks landed peacefully, nestling themselves gently into the rooftops of the buildings in such an inviting fashion that one might be forgiven for comparing the display to the soft texture of cotton candy, a homely theatre of joy and revelry. It was beautiful, almost breathtaking, and for one so easily enamoured with the rolling hills and empty fields of rural Utah, the blackened silhouette of one of the world’s greatest cities certainly seemed like a speciticle.

Nick had to have it.

‘I’ll take the tiny city, ta.’ He gently held the little snow globe in one hand, his eyes still fixated with the way that each speck twirled and spun at every tiny movement, placing it gently down upon the counter as his eyes shifted upwards to face the owner of this little stall.

‘Fourteen ninety nine then kid.’

‘Fifteen bucks for some glass and a bit of plastic?’ Everyone in this town had that same unfamiliar accent, fast and belligerent, like they all had something better to do than waste their time in whatever conversation they were a part of.

‘Read the sign, kid.’ The vendor impatiently tapped a finger against a torn sheet of A4 paper, two words scrawled across it in messy print. ‘No Haggling.’

‘Come on pal, at least do it for ten.’ He could see the shopkeeper glance behind him at the queue, half a dozen irritable tourists looking down at their watches to make sure they weren’t going to be late for their walking tours, or other New York centric activities.

‘I’ll tell you what. Pay the fifteen bucks, and I’ll throw in a shirt at three quarters price.’ The man held aloft a plain black tee with the words ‘I Heart NYC’ printed upon it in an ugly typeface. ‘Just stop holding up the line.’

‘It’s a deal, pal.’ Nick reached into his pocket to pull out a tiny pile of screwed up, loose notes.

‘Fourteen ninety nine for the globe, and another fifteen for the shirt.’

‘Bless your heart.’ Nick paid with a smile, clutching both of his new prizes in his hands as he glanced down to check his phone for the time.

He was running late. Very late.

He’d already been in New York City for about an hour and a half, yet thus far he hadn’t made it more than ten metres away from the airport without getting distracted. This wasn’t even the first stall that had managed to catch his eyes, and his bags were already considerably heavier than they had been when he’d arrived. It was an exciting time, the first time he’d left his own small town to come out to a big city like this, and he was determined to get the full experience out of this excursion.

Pulling on his new shirt over the plain white tee he was already wearing, Nick felt good. He might have been a little hot stifled under the extra layer, but truth be told he was already starting to feel the chill of the city, compared to back home. Not knowing what to expect here, Nick had opted to wear a pair of cargo shorts, and a pair of sandals, though already he was coming to regret that decision, due in no small part to the city breeze.

Time was progressing quickly, yet Nick was barely closer to his destination than he had been a half hour prior, and it was starting to look like the Belansky was about to be late on his very first day at a new school. Not the sort of impression that anyone wanted to make. Xavier’s Institute was on the outskirts of the city, tens of miles away from the city centre, and if he didn’t catch a taxi soon enough, then it would be a long time before he’d be able to arrive.

So that’s what he did.

Chasing down a taxi wasn’t a hard task, after all, the city had enough of them, though not knowing the appropriate etiquette Nick did spend an uncomfortable amount of time chasing behind a worried looking driver as he tried desperately to get their attention.

Luckily it wasn’t too long before they opened their door to see exactly what he was doing, at which point he could explain where he needed to be, and the driver allowed him inside.

It was a lively journey up to North Salem, not least because the taxi driver seemed like a very talkative sort, and Nick was eager and inquisitive to hear all about the city, and the kinds of people that the driver had had in the back of his taxi over the course of nearly a decade of service.

After a particularly engaging horror story about the woes of accepting hitchhikers, they pulled up just outside of Xavier’s, and Nick offered the man his cash and wished him well.

He had finally arrived.

Unlike most of the others in attendance that he could see, Nick didn’t bother to shy away from the reporters and their flashing cameras, though being a little late to the whole ordeal, the more aggressive journalists had seemingly relented, and now only a smaller number of local stations remained outside of the entrance to the mansion. He was happy to let them talk and take their pictures, afterall, this was supposed to be a big deal, and he remained friendly enough, though he decidedly didn’t stick around for too long, not wanting to be any later than he already was (though notably, his own perception of time was a little skewered).

After that lovely chat, the boy moved onwards towards the front of the house to collect his room number and key, dragging his suitcase on the floor behind him, bags full of various tourist tat under each arm.

It took him awhile to find where he would be lodging, after all, the place was almost labyrinthian in scope, and far bigger than any building Nick had been in before, though after a few requests for directions, and a lap round almost the entire building, he eventually arrived at room 103.

His new home for the foreseeable future.

Pushing in on the door with his right shoulder, he could already see two people’s presence from the corner of his eyes, a big grin forming upon his lips. ‘Howdy pals. ‘Pologise for being so late, got caught up with the city.’

fin fin enigma2 enigma2

O B S C U R E
LUNA VILLANUEVA
Interactions: Dior Villanueva, Nick Belansky
Tags: @finessekid.23 Hypnos Hypnos

Just like that the moment was ruined. Luna rolled her eyes, moving away from her brother to her bags that she needed to unpack. She hated when he felt the need to tell her what to do like she was a child, when he himself was barely older than her. She was halfway through folding and hanging her clothes when the door opened up. Looking over her shoulder revealing an average height boy with blond hair. The moment he stepped in she could already guess that he was going to be their roommate, and when he apologized for being late he basically confirmed it.

"Hey", she muttered back, turning back to sort out her clothes. She didn't want to start off on a bad note with someone she'd have to see everyday, so sucking her pride in she took a long sigh, looking back to the boy. "It's not that big of a deal, we got here just a little earlier than you" she responded, offering a small smile since it was the best she could do. She didn't necessarily lie because they had gotten there earlier than him, just not by a little. She could tell he was preppy and although she usually found that annoying, maybe it would make the transition to the school not as bad as she had expected.

She continued sorting out her belongings and clothing, continuing to speak with her back turned to him. "We were gonna head down for breakfast soon, we'll wait for you if you're trying to tag along" she sounded out, trying her best to be nice. If she was going to at least give this school a shot, she had to start with the people within. What better way to start than with her roommate, right?

codedbycrucialstar

Christian Bellwood

"Okay, maybe I should have been more specific." Vi looked a bit confused as to what he meant, although it soon dawned on her exactly what he meant. Christian didn't expect her to to start laughing, he expected maybe embarrassment or something else, but laughter wasn't it. He especially didn't expect for her to call his chest pasty as he stammered for a response before she turned and entered their shared bathroom. He stared at the door to the bathroom before looking down at himself and tugging the front of his shirt forward. He wasn't pasty, he just wasn't all that tan. Maybe he could have spent more time outside during the summer, but everyone else was always online so why wouldn't he be too.

"Yeah, but I-" He stopped and took a deep breath, holding it for ten seconds and letting it out. Wasn't worth it getting into an argument with his roommates on his first day, just forget it ever happened and move on. "Right, knocking and changing definitely a good idea."

Alisha then went through some of her rules, obvious stuff like not touching or opening her stuff without asking along with not climbing in her bed while she was asleep. Obvious rules really, but better they be said out loud just in case anyone had any questions. "Same goes for me I guess. Although I doubt It'll ever come up, since my pasty skin would probably blast you with a ray of light if I ever try." His friend Jack probably would have given him a smack to the back of the head if he had been here. There was no way he would say no to a girl climbing into his bed, plus he would have that goofy smile that he thought was charming. Christian still remembered that time Jack tried to pick up a girl at a concert, than her boyfriend came over and instead of backing off Jack pretended that he was Bi and wanted a threesome. The absolute look of horror on both of their faces was priceless. He chuckled at the memory while shaking his head.

"As far as shower rules go I guess we should try and set a limit. That and not using each other's stuff, though I think that's already a given." Christian really couldn't think of any other rules that weren't already covered. Maybe Vi would once she got out of the bathroom, but for now his mind was drawing a blank. "I've never really had to share a room before, so I guess if I do anything that gets annoying just let me know." The old clothes pile on the chair would probably have to go, along with just leaving his stuff anywhere, but those were easy to fix.

After running out of ideas Christian idly began swinging his legs off the side of his bed before an ugly one came to mind. Well, if they were going to be roommates they might as well know what they were all going to deal with. "So as far as powers go...." he trailed off, thinking of what would be the best way to demonstrate it. "We already know that Vi has that whole gravity thing. As for me, well I can turn parts of my body into rubber." To demonstrate to her how it worked, he worked off his jacket before holding his right arm in front of him. Strange was the only way he could describe the feeling, like something was wrong but his body didn't know what. The hairs on his arm felt stiff, the skin below it taking on a rubbery texture before stopping above the elbow. Gripping the arm with his left hand he took a breath and bent it back so that it was folded against the outside of his arm.

"Everything in the area becomes rubberized. Skin, muscle, bone and everything else." He let go of the arm and it shot towards his chest, slapping against it a few times before slowly slowing down and returning to normal. "I can stretch it too, but it can only go so far. Anything after that point feels like it's going to tear right off." He limited the affected are to his wrist and hand this time as he gripped it in his free hand and pulled, stretching it out a few inches. "If I release it than whatever is stretched or bent snaps back into place like normal. Guess I should count myself lucky that I can't mess up my body just by losing control." The feeling inside of him receded as his hand and wrist were launched backwards out of his hand, becoming normal once again.

"Not really useful, but then again I guess it could be worse." He was actually quite grateful that he could at least hide his mutation, if he had gotten one that couldn't have been hidden he probably would still be holed up in his room with the lights off, unable to even go outside for fear of anyone seeing him.

Interacted with: jaelee jaelee , QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

[class=rectangle] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; transform: translateX(-50%); left: 50%; background:#E6E6FA ; overflow: visible; width: 510px; height: 360px; border: 2px solid white; border-radius: 30px; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; top: 10px; left: 138px; height: 50px; overflow: hidden; text-align: center; font-family: Helvetica Neue; font-style: normal; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: normal; font-size: 30px; color: white; text-shadow:3px 3px #8B008B ; [/class] [class=pic1] position: absolute; width: 100px; height: 100px; top: 10px; left: 10px; margin: auto; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/10785284fcd0b5ec96c66b5c6b2796bc/tumblr_inline_oop8fknaKQ1urfelz_500.gif); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 50%; border: 2px #4B0082 solid; border-radius: 30px; transition: 0.5s; [/class] [class=pic2] position: absolute; width: 100px; height: 100px; top: 125px; left: 10px; margin: auto; background-image: url(https://media2.giphy.com/media/ipW3RAlaIynoA/source.gif); background-size: 160%; background-position: 60% 50%; border: 2px #8B008B solid; border-radius: 30px; [/class] [class=pic3] position: absolute; width: 100px; height: 100px; top: 240px; left: 10px; margin: auto; background-image: url(https://em.wattpad.com/309d681064d15a27d6ef27b02d6f9b5bbd92284a/68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f6b664d43587335685269527077513d3d2d3438333338323238392e313465666134613466656432633562353238393633323735393034342e676966); background-size: 200%; background-position: 60% 50%; border: 2px #4B0082 solid; border-radius: 30px; [/class] [class=pic4] position: absolute; width: 100px; height: 100px; top: 10px; left: 390px; margin: auto; background-image: url(https://em.wattpad.com/6bad44ac9f49891a4b5bf8f06e81e7735a95b881/68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f5a5f68394f6c6a5f4973365765413d3d2d3436323034373433372e313464666235363161623136373938623432313830373830373934372e676966); background-size: 210%; background-position: 60% 50%; border: 2px #8B008B solid; border-radius: 30px; [/class] [class=pic5] position: absolute; width: 100px; height: 100px; top: 125px; left: 390px; margin: auto; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/e8acde2022f59e3f0e7bb3a9a2eb240a/tumblr_oanf5iUyXp1rl17i3o1_r2_250.gifv); background-size: 100%; background-position: 40% 50%; border: 2px #4B0082 solid; border-radius: 30px; [/class] [class=pic6] position: absolute; width: 100px; height: 100px; top: 240px; left: 390px; margin: auto; background-image: url(https://media3.giphy.com/media/xUA7b4EPJcBV6dHf5m/source.gif); background-size: 230%; background-position: 60% 50%; border: 2px #8B008B solid; border-radius: 30px; [/class] [class=credit] position: absolute; left: 130px; top: 340px; opacity: 0.7; overflow: hidden; width: 225px; height: 26px; text-align: center; font-family: Segoe UI; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #fff; [/class] [class=container] position: absolute; top: 60px; left: 125px; background: #E6E6FA; width:250px; height:270px; overflow:hidden; border: 1px solid white; [/class] [class=textbox] background: #4B0082; overflow: auto; width: 257px; height: 260px; text-align: justify; line-height: 12px; font-family: Segoe UI; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; color: #fff; padding: 5px; [/class] [class=name2] position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 10px; height: 50px; overflow: hidden; text-align: center; font-family: Helvetica Neue; background-color: #E6E6FA; font-style: normal; text-transform: lowercase; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; color: black; [/class] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=name on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 name2 [/script] [script class=name on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 name2 [/script]
[div class=rectangle]
[div class=pic1]

[div class=pic2][/div]
[div class=pic3][/div]
[div class=pic4][/div]
[div class=pic5][/div]
[div class=pic6][/div]
[div class=name]Addison "Siren"[div class="name2 hidden"]Interactions: KingHalliwell KingHalliwell
Mood: Curious
Mentions: None[/div][/div]
[div class=container][div class=textbox]
Addison smiled and nodded as he talked, making mental notes to herself. For starters she had a new future vacation spot she wanted to try out, but secondly she wanted to try and remember as much as should could about the people around her. For better or for worse it would probably come in handy one day. When he mentioned his power she was honestly i awe. that sounded like something pretty strong, "That's amazing!" She didn't really get the water-bender joke since she didn't get to watch too much tv in her spare time especially not what her mother would deem a cartoon for children...even if she was a child. "You're like a child of Poseidon." She giggled changing her doodle into a chibi version of him standing on a rock with a giant wave behind him.

Her eyes switched to the door as it opened revealing who she assumed was their next roommate. Her eyes went wide, but more out of awe then anything. This girl had a tail and furry features to boot! Addison had a soft spot for animals, but resisted the urge to reach out and touch the girl. Mostly because it might turn into petting and that might make her feel uncomfortable. "Hello! I'm Addison, but under the hope of new friendship you both can call me Addie if you like." She added in with a wave. This place was already so amazing, and filling up with such incredible people...suddenly she was glad she'd decided to come here. She'd meet more interesting people in the past couple minuets then she had her whole life back home. "Did you guys wanna wait around for our last roomie to show before heading for some food, or just head down once you've gotten your stuff settled?" She asked curiously as she looked down at her phone to see the time. It was getting to be that time soon, and she was already getting a bit hungry.

[/div][/div]
[div class=credit]code by sox[/div][/div][/div]

Nick Belansky
Lucas Hedges.gif

Leaning deeper into the dormitory that was going to be his home for at least the next few months, Nick’s grin only widened as he cast his eyes across the four walls of splendour that surrounded him: his own personal palace and two new pals to share it with. Given the environment under which he was raised, and the financial restraints placed upon his family, it was no surprise that this was certainly the biggest room in which Nick had ever resided, and even given the fact that he was to be sharing it with two other people, there was more than enough space to spare. A man could quite comfortably swing a cat in one of these rooms by its furry little tail, and still have enough extra leeway to avoid knocking anything precious off of the walls. It appeared that students at Xavier’s academy were to be living like kings, and that was certainly something which Nick could get used to.

Being the last one here, Nick was given the final choice of where he was going to be sleeping, though to him there didn’t seem to be much difference between any of the bed’s laid out, and it didn’t exactly bother him where he was going to be sleeping. It seemed that this school had enough activities to keep him out of this room for the rest of his life, if he so chose, especially if what he’d seen of the exterior was any indication of what else was inside.

‘Breakfast? Darn if that don’t sound like a dream.’ Nick moved himself over to the final unoccupied bed within the room, dumping his suitcase atop the covers and allowing everything inside to pile out onto the sheets. ‘A fancy place like this is bound to have all sorts of good stuff cookin’, and I’m hungrier than a bear at a buffet.’ He glanced back at his two new roomies, whoever they were, they seemed pretty familiar with each other already, so it looked like he had a lot of bonding to catch up upon, he didn’t very well want to be left out of the Room 103 Clique already.

‘Just let me toss all of my junk, and I’ll be with you in two shakes of a lamb’s tail.’ Shrugging his other bags off of his shoulders, he threw both of them right next to his suitcase, allowing them to sit lazily upon the bed before he turned back around to face these two strangers.

‘Guess I should introduce myself if we’re all gonna be roomies.’ He didn’t really know what to think of them. They seemed very different from all of the people he knew back in Utah, though from the very limited interaction that they’d had thus far, they seemed nice enough.

If they were all going to share a room, he was determined that they should be fast friends.

‘I’m Nick, and I’m from Utah. I like football and the great outdoors.’ He wondered if he should be giving out more important information, like why he was actually here, but it felt a little invasive to talk about his condition right off the bat.

‘Oh, and I really love me some bacon rinds, so breakfast is right up my alley.’

fin fin enigma2 enigma2

REFLECT

dior villanueva

Dior was making his way towards the exit, hands on the door knob before a foreign force twisted the door open on their own. His eyes shifted over to Nick's figure, and he took another step back to let him in. "Yeah, you've got to get your timing under control, man. But it's no big', you didn't miss much anything." He consoled, and shut the door after Nick. Dior's eyes fixed themselves onto Nick's person, analyzing his every move and advance, but for the most part, he just appeared chill. Like any other teen, really. So he relaxed his tensed muscles and made his way over to his bed by the window, plopped himself down, and angled himself not completely, but slightly towards Nick. He watched him dump his things onto the bed with his peripherals. Dior placed both hands behind him on the bed, leaning onto them as he entered conversation.

"I'm Dior, and that over there, " Dior jerked his head in the direction of Luna, "Is my little sister, Luna. Don't try anything funny with her and we won't have any problems, Nick." As he said that, Dior glared over at Nick, and one would think he'd have an optic blast like Cyclops with just how hard we was eyeing the other man. "We're from 'round here. Brooklyn, You ever notice you use a lot of metaphors? Why's that? Is it something that happened to you as a kid?" He interrogated the other man, he wanted to know any and everything about who he was rooming with for his and his sisters protection.

As Nick's unpacking came to an end, Dior rose slowly from his bed, but his eyes were still plastered onto him. "What are you powers?"

Location: School for Gifted Mutants, Dorm 103| Mentions: Luna Villanueva, enigma2 enigma2 Nick Belansky, Hypnos Hypnos

code by @pasta

“Jax and Addie.” Evie repeated. “Cool! Always a pleasure to make new friends.”
Pulling her rolling case back towards her with her tail, she looked over the room.
“Room looks good too.” She continued, switching back to dragging the case along with a hand. “This sure beats out the concrete block dorm my old school offered. Oh, thanks, Jax, but I got it.”
She went to an unclaimed bed and dumped her stuff on it. So, three roommates total. Seemed like a lot, but she might have just missed that in the brochure. She had heard something about water bending when she came in. Neither of them seemed to have any obvious mutations. Evie noted their reaction to her tail, but that was to be expected.
“I’d say give our 4th a few minutes, then head down.” The simian mutant offered as she rejoined her new roommates.
She checked her watch again, considering what time remained.
“Besides, arriving after you two means I’m behind on introductions. I know your names, but this is a mutant school. What do you DO? I’m kinda self-explanatory.”
Evie flexed her tail for emphasis, along with kicking off a flip flop to give Addison and Jackson a thumbs up with her hand-like feet.

Nick Belansky
Lucas Hedges.gif

Watching as the other figure in the room retreated away from the doorway and back towards the bed, Nick couldn’t help but notice the intensity with which Dior regarded him. Judging only from a few seconds of first impressions, his fellow roomie seemed like someone that took himself way too seriously. Not an issue per say, but certainly not Nick’s style. Perhaps he’d give it a little time for the two of them to get more acquainted, and for the other man to settle into their new school environment, though right now he didn’t get the impression that he was viewed in very high regard, especially given the not so subtle interrogation.

‘Well it’s good to meet you guys for the first time. Luna. Dior.’ As he said each of their names, he clicked his fingers, pointing at the both of them and committing their names to memory. ‘I swear to the sweet baby Jesus that you won't get any trouble from me. Consider me more chaste than the virgin Mary on Christmas morning.’ He shot both of his new roomies a playful grin, finishing his unpacking quickly, though that wasn’t much of a difficult task considering how unorganised and messy his stuff remained. Just a quick pile on the bed and he was already ready to go off.

Nick wasn’t exactly sure what he’d expected from a pair of new roommates, though two siblings hadn’t exactly been something that crossed his mind, even if he should have expected a curveball from a school meant entirely for people in their special circumstances. Rooming with a brother and a sister pair felt a bit like being a major third wheel, considering how well they likely knew about each other, though on the opposite hand, if given the choice, he’d rather not have boarded with his own step brother, no matter how well they got along. Everyone needed boundaries. At the end of the day, it didn’t seem to be too big an issue, it was the third wheel that made the tricycle after all.

‘You guys are from NYC? You’ll have to show me around some time, give me the grand tour once we’ve all properly settled in.’ Nick tilted his head slightly as the other man talked about his own manner of speaking, raising an eyebrow. ‘Fraid that must be a pattern I’ve not been picking up on. Guess I just like to season my words like chicken parmesan with a bit of paprika.’ Another smile. ‘Far as I know, I ain’t been cursed by the Parable Pixie as a kid.’

Given how forward his roommate had been thus far, it wasn’t exactly a surprise that he would be inquisitive about his condition, not showing the same level of restraint as Nick had managed to earlier. ‘You could always buy a man some dinner first before you get into the nitty gritty. Though I suppose breakfast isn’t far off either, if that’s still on the table?’

fin fin enigma2 enigma2

"Why wouldn't it be useful?" Alisha questioned rhetorically as she wrote down all of Christian's ideas in bullet-pointed notes. There was nothing sympathetic about the girl's response to Christian's self-deprecating views about his powers. It was just a matter-of-fact statement. "Rubber is resilient and flexible. You wouldn't take much damage from impact and flexibility is useful in a number of ways. Escaping from bindings, for example. Not to mention its natural buoyancy and elasticity has many uses."

As many as a rubber band at the very least.

Pen against her chin, Alisha looked to the ceiling in thought. "I guess we should label all our items so they aren't accidentally used...does 15 minutes in the shower if someone's waiting sound reasonable?"

Alisha had always been efficient when it came to grooming and self care. However, she also knew there were others who didn't feel the same. Her cousins and sisters, for example, could take hours putting on their makeup and getting their hair done. Her father also tended to enjoy long showers. Plenty of people did. Perhaps she was the odd one. Of course, nothing was odder than suddenly finding out one was a mutant. Alisha smirked.

She glanced over to the pasty-skinned boy on his bed who claimed to have never really shared a room with anyone before, appreciating his compliance and willingness to go along with her whims. Honestly, she'd half expected she'd have to come up with all the rules herself since most teenagers she encountered didn't care about such things. Alisha had always been a bit too mature for her age. No, mature might not have been the right word. Boring? Alisha was cautious, meticulous, and nit-picky about little details. She knew that she could be a bit difficult to live with, given her need for cleanliness and order. Her sisters told her that all the time.

But they'd never asked her to change.

And she, in turn, never asked it of them...too much at least.

That was what made them family in her mind. It was because she grew up in such an environment that Alisha could be herself. Even if the world turned against her, she knew she'd always have her family to turn back to. How many people had such luxuries? How many Mutants? Then again, perhaps Alisha was thinking too hard because of the 'could be worse' comment. She didn't know anything about either Christian or Vi's background, after all. Alisha wasn't the type to make assumptions or act because of guesses. "I think I'd like to keep our shared bathroom relatively clean as well. A rule about picking up our own messes should be fine."

If they were ambitious, they could divide out cleaning days, but such ideas didn't usually go well with her sisters so she didn't expect either of her roommates would be entirely comfortable with too many restrictions. Compromise was always best. Besides, deep cleaning might impede with the first rule that was not touching each others' stuff without permission. Alisha continued to talk as she wrote. "Personally, I think the worst mutation is one detrimental to your health. You know, like cancer. If you have that, I doubt anything could be worse."

Though the X-gene and cancer genes operated on different chromosomes...probably. It baffled her sometimes that people thought being unique was worse than death. She checked her phone. "You hungry, by the way?"

Alisha wasn't, as she'd already eaten earlier in the morning before arriving at Xavier Institute, but there was a breakfast schedule in the information given by the teachers. And she was curious about the sorts of food provided by the institute. Wouldn't hurt to take a look. Ideas came faster with proper nutrition anyway and she promised Vi that she'd talk about her powers after the other girl finished showering. She didn't care to repeat herself. If the other girl took too long, they could share the information over a meal.

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin
mentioned: jaelee jaelee

Last edited:

O B S C U R E
LUNA VILLANUEVA
Interactions: Dior Villanueva, Nick Belansky
Tags: @finessekid.23 Hypnos Hypnos

Luna listened to the back and forth between the two, becoming rather uninterested in their conversation. "Lord, kill me now" she thought, looking at her nails, awaiting her opportunity to speak. She had tuned them out until she heard Dior ask the other boy what were his powers. Although she was interested in knowing his powers as well, she wasn't surprised when he dodged the question, and rolled her eyes at Dior's antics. She wouldn't have told two people she had just met what she could and couldn't do, so his hesitation was understandable, she just wished she could have given her hardheaded brother a manual on how to open conversations. Sure, they both didn't trust people right off the bat, but she wasn't that blunt. Her plan was to play it safe and weave anything she needed to know into small talk. "Food is always on the table, let's go" she spoke, standing up to dust her pants.

Making her way to the door, she looked back to make sure both boys were following then began her journey for the dining hall. At this point, she had been around the huge mansion, turning in and out of various hallways in search of the foyer, where she swore she had seen the dining hall on her way in. She had planned out ways to commence a conversation with the unknown boy, but all her attempts were in vain as she came up empty handed each time. Coming up with a slick way to extort information out of someone while hoping not to get lost in a mansion you've never been in before is harder than she had thought it would be, so she put starting a conversation off until they found the dining hall. Said dining hall was looking more and more like a figment of her imagination and not a reality with her directing them, so she began to speak once more. Turning back to face the two, she flashed a wide pleading smile, something you'd barely see unless she was in need of your help. "In case you haven't caught on, I am a hundred percent lost" she said, clasping her palms together as she waited anxiously for someone to direct her to the hall. She wouldn't have asked for their help and rather wandered the school if she wasn't in need of real food, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

codedbycrucialstar

Last edited:
September 2020 : 07:54 AM
Somewhere in North America

TYPE TYPE

jeffmd.militarybase.DM.itsa.jpg

Begin.” The figure stood in front of his three companions, his voice quiet, but firm. The three nodded behind him, one solemn in her quiet intensity, the other two smirking at the oncoming carnage. As their leader started walking from the cover of the forest, his shoes leaving the ground as he slowly hovered upward and forward, the three walked behind him.

Suddenly, an alarm in the distance sounded, before the sound of calls came from the structure in front of him. The quiet morning air was quickly behind, replaced with the sound of orders being shouted, weapons being readied, and gates being secured. The boy… the young man floated forwards still, the sign in the grass in front of him suddenly crushed by some oppressive energy that radiated outwards from the form floating overhead. The moment the sign was destroyed, there were shouts of warning.

Then the quiet morning was filled with the sound of gunfire.

As soon as it had started, it stopped. The boy, still floating above the ground in front of the gates had raised his hand. The hundreds of bullets hovering in front of him in a semicircle. Another sound then broke through the unbelieving quiet as a rocket was fired directly at the party. The bullets quietly fell to the earth, as the rocket exploded a few feet away from the figures, the fire enveloping them.

The guards may not have noticed it, but the first sign of emotion passed on the face of the quiet girl, her molten skin and dark eyes glinting for a moment as fire and ash rained about them, the fires and heat drawing to her. With a sudden and violent turn, the girl waved her hands to the walls, as said fire and ash turned to the men, turning them into statues of super-heated rock, the secure walls glowing cherry red. More machine gun fire was let off, deflected again with a gesture, as an attack helicopter took to the sky.

The second girl, with the blue hair and piercings looked to the tall, muscular boy next to her. His energetic smirk matched hers, as he took a breath, bending in on himself for a moment, a roar escaping his chest as he started to increase in size. As he rose up, higher and higher, his already impressive form seemingly becoming more and more resilient, the blue haired girl with acrobatic grace made her way up his form, until he was large enough for her to stand upright in his palm. The attack helicopter had turned to them, clearly intent on firing upon them.

The boy, now in the shadow of his enlarged companion turned his head coolly to it, closing his grip in the direction of the craft. The doors on its sides flew open, as the crew were flung out. The blue haired girl reached towards it, the giant holding her close enough to the now paralysed craft, till her hands could touch it. In a flash of blue light, she vanished. The hand keeping the helicopter hostage lowered, as it turned, now without crew, and began firing upon the facility, taking out another helicopter that was in the midst of rising.

The giant moved forward, in one step making his way over the walls and into the courtyard, crushing a Humvee beneath one of his feet. The ashen girl, still letting hellfire loose upon the walls, started making her way forward, her quiet companion floating behind her, catching bullets out of the air that would have been aimed at them, not bothering to do the same for the giant. As they reached the gates, the girl looked at him, the faintest trace of impatience on her face as he raised his hands to the gates. Already heated bright through the fire, they folded under the weight of his power, bending, yielding, and with an almighty crash came ripping away from their hinges, only to be cast aside in the field, setting more grass on fire.

Inside the helicopter, the radio signal went on, before the intercom systems all through the courtyard, which had not been destroyed yet, crackled into life. An energetic voice carried over them. “Target found. Overriding security measures and cutting off emergency beacons.” - before another missile flew from the helicopter, directed at a communications tower, blowing it to smithereens. A roar of approval was heard from the giant, before it too started to take out any vehicles that were trying to escape.

Deep beneath the explosions, beneath the sounds of chaos and death, the secure holding cells were filled with prisoners crying, shouting, cheering, and praying. Among them, sitting in her room, clutching at her form, was Dr Mendohlnson. Huddled against the wall, her blanket left to the side, the woman, no longer the youthful figure she had been before her great task, looked towards the doorway in abject panic. They had come for her. She was sure of it. They were finally going to end her.

She was going to die.

The idea sent panic through her chest, her eyes widening even more as she struggled to breathe. Turning her face away from the door, closing her eyes, she cursed herself as she had done many times since… before. At her lack of foresight. At her imprecise thinking. At her… allowing this to happen. She, who could do anything… had made this happen.

Before she could think much further, a burst of heat spread through the corridor. The sounds of screams, soldiers perishing in fire and ash, had her clawing at her ears, trying to make herself as small as possible in the corner of her room. There was no way out. She would die here, as a coward… Proof as to her own failure. The reality cut her deeply, as she bit into her lip, the sound of abject rage and frustration, and fear… mixing into a muted wail.

She could not face away from it all. She had to accept it. Accept reality.

She turned to face it. Face the time she had left. Face fate. Her eyes watching the reinforced glass window in the door across the room. Any moment now…

A breath.

Another.

The boy walked past. She saw his face. The side of it at least. He stepped past her doorway, and continued on. He did not turn. He did not waver. He walked onwards, with determination and focus. Stepping further down, disposing of anything and anyone who came in his way. Down, lower and lower, until finally he stood in front of a large, reinforced, metal door.

The side of his mouth turned down, the deep irony and insulting quality not lost upon him. Finally catching up behind him, the girl with the blue hair arrived, nodding at him. “This is the door, yeah.” She touched the keypad, as blue energy seemed to spark between her and it. A moment later the door started to unlock. By the time it was done, the ashen girl and the giant - now only about ten feet in height, had arrived as well. The four of them stood quietly as the barrier swung open.

The figure, quiet, collected, and peaceful inside, lay on his back. His aged, and frail form retained the dignity of his past. He did not bother to open his eyes, or sit upright. He just enjoyed the quiet for a moment more, before the leader of the four stepped forward.

Magneto. Please, follow us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upstate New York
Xavier Institute

09: 23 AM

Braddington Braddington

e3ffb03b5090f8ccf77e479d8368b321.jpg

The mansion was far too old to have a boring, ugly high school cafeteria. It instead had a rather grand hall with even grander tables set out throughout it. Not unlike Hogwarts in that respect. Though perhaps without the floating candles and massive feasts. Just toast and the occasional omelette. Professor Xavier had welcomed the new arrivals and current residents into the hall with an introduction as to the staff at the mansion. Not that the legends in front of them needed much introduction. The aged academic also made some more simple logistical announcements to the effect of dorm reshuffling The admin alone was enough to send Logan from the room with as much enthusiasm as he could muster. A few cheers from the more rebellious students, or perhaps simple fanboys, as he did so. With the bureaucracy done, the students commenced their consumption of Lunchlady Agatha’s creations. As much mutant in their designs as any one of them.

The T.V. in the corner of the room, high above the tables, had been humming along with some morning breakfast show. An actor talking about some new film they would be starring in, and debating whether it would be appropriate for a human such as he is, to represent the mutant in the script. The normal nonsense that passed the time before you properly woke up. Not that anyone was paying attention. This was the first gathering in twenty years of such a diverse group of likekinded individuals. The buzz was far more electric amongst the oak than it was through the television set. Yet most in the room could feel the change as soon as it happened. That chipper voice talking of a silly movie love affair replaced by one darker and much more urgent. Booming over the joy of the students and snapping them to attention.

The words didn’t matter.

Only what was being shown.

Fire. Ash. Explosions.

Mutants.

The confusion in the room was immediate. Was this a clip from this movie? No. It was real. Something no one had seen since the days of the Brotherhood. The T.V. being muted as the Professor returned to the hall, phone resting in his lap. A concerned, almost regretful look upon his face as he addressed the younger students. Allowing them to take their plates into their dorms, leaving the older students. The true students. To heed him. The other “Professors” and former X-Men gathered much like their younger counterparts, waiting on the old man's word as they had done in times past. Wolverine puffing on his cigar.

I had hoped to give you all a few days. A few weeks. Time, however, is never on our side. You know the reality as much as I. This is no simple school, and the lessons taught here are on no curriculum. As to the matter at hand, I have been informed of this morning's events from a much more trustworthy source than the national media.

The smoke lifted from Logan's face as he coughed it away.

What did Hank say?” The man quizzed. Not bothering to pretend it was some anonymous source.

The Professor turned his head as much to the older figures in the room as he did to the new. “An attack. Some unknown mutant element. A telekinetic. A giant. Something...volatile and a techno-path.”

A sigh escaped his lips, his head dropping as if some old memory had flashed through his mind. An unusual touch of emotion came with his words.

They have Erik.

The cigar came crashing down onto the floor.

Bullshit. That bastard’s dead. Forgotten.

Storm, who had been up until this point in quiet contemplation, placed her hands upon the clawed figure’s shoulder. Calming him as her eyes met the students and then the Professors.

You can’t mean to include them in this. We…

Can do nothing, Ororo. Nothing except teach.

The Professor looked to the students. A sadness and hope flicking through his eyes as he did so.

There is nothing to be done for it now. These people have made their first move. And whatever they intend will no doubt take time. Time we can use on you. When you arrived here, some of you today, some of you earlier, you knew there would be a time when you would be called upon by the world. Just as we were.

A hand wave to the staff.

That time is almost upon you. And it is our duty to guide you through it. Those who would wish to go may do so. Those who stay, I promise to you, that we will do everything we can. Give you everything we know. Finish your breakfast. Those that remain in this hall when it is done? Your training will begin in an hour.

He turned, and wheeled himself out of the room, clearly deep in thought. Just as he reached the door, he called behind him. “Logan will answer questions you may have.” The hairy man growled at Charles, raising a hand to the group, daring them to try and ask anything.

enigma2 enigma2 QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Hypnos Hypnos RikuXIII RikuXIII fin fin Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin KingHalliwell KingHalliwell InTheSea InTheSea EddieTeddie EddieTeddie jaelee jaelee

[class=dialogue] font-weight:bold; color: #cf922e; display:inline; [/class] [class=bkgd] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; width: 400px; height: 500px; background-color: #0B1200; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border: 5px solid #84748e; border-radius: 2%; [/class] [class=bkgdpic] position: absolute; box-sizing: border-box; width: 400px; height: 500px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/S3rbpWn.jpg?1); background-size: 100%; opacity: 1; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; [/class] [class=bkgdgif] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; width: 100%; height:100%; background: url(***); background-size: 100%; opacity: 0.25; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; [/class] [class=pic] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 150px; height: 150px; top: 5%; text-align: center; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/vUOz1jL.png?1); background-size: 100%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border-radius: 50%; border: 5px solid #584e81 ; [/class] [class=pictext] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: -2px; left: -2px; background-color: #0b1003; color: #584e81 ; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border-radius: 50%; border: 2px solid #65a2c3; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 500; line-height: 14px; [/class] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=pic on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 pictext [/script] [script class=pic on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 pictext [/script] [class=textcontainer] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 294px; height: 245px; background-color: #0b1003; border: 2px solid #65a2c3; top: 0%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border-radius: 2%; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; line-height: 14px; color: #c2bac7; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 301px; height: 250px; top: 0%; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; font-size: 12px; text-align: justify; line-height: 14px; color: #c2bac7; padding: 5px; [/class] [class=name] position: relative; font-size: 35px; font-weight: 500; color: #cf922e; -webkit-text-stroke: 1px #584e81; top: -3%; text-align: center; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; opacity: 0.7; overflow: hidden; text-align: center; font-family: Segoe UI; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #fff; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; [/class] [div class=bkgd] [div class=bkgdpic] [div class=bkgdgif][/div] [/div] [div class=pic] [div class="pictext hidden"]

Mood: T for Terrified.

Interactions: N/A
[/div] [/div] [div class=name]Gavrielle "Angel" [/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text] [div class=dialogue][/div]
Hover over picture.

Breakfast. Finally.

Gavi had looked forwards to getting food into her stomach all morning, what with feeling nauseous most of the time. Between nerves and hunger, a good meal was something she really needed. She had gotten to know her roommates some, though was glad to get away and be by herself for a little bit to collect her thoughts.

It was still strange to think that she was there.

Even as she wandered down towards where the dining hall was, ignoring any awed looks from her peers, she still couldn't believe the situation she had gotten herself into despite it hardly being her fault. She never chose to be a mutant. She never would have chosen to come here if a jail cell wasn't her only other option. Or at the very least it felt like those were her only options. So coming here and learning how to be...whatever the heck she was, that seemed like the only thing logical to do.

It was hard not to stop and look at the mansion in all of it's splendor. She couldn't imagine how one person, let alone a normal family of three or five could ever live in so large a place. Perhaps that was her modest history talking, or perhaps people really didn't need such a large living space to themselves. She would have been lying if she didn't like the idea of having a dozen rooms to simply show off junk if she were rich. But those were just thoughts, and she was just a student at a mansion-turned-school.

The dining hall was just as luxurious, and she felt almost undeserving to be in such a place. She even felt overwhelmed by the size. It was strange how it felt almost like a library, except without all the books. There were dozens of kids sitting together in their own little groups, huddled over plates and chatting. Some looked like normal humans, others, like her, were quite obviously mutants. She didn't see her roommates yet, so she decided to find an empty pace devoid of nearby people and sat down with a plate of food.

Professor Xavier introduced himself and welcomed them all to the school, and Gavi was silent as she observed the reactions from the people in the room. Some, like her, were only a little reactive. She knew who he was, she just didn't realize who he was. She didn't quite grasp the history her kind held, it never really interested her enough to look into, and her family wasn't the kind to talk about it so she never asked.

Now she had no choice.

She got a bit bored of listening to the usual school spiel and the sudden eruption of cheering from some of the students that she looked back down to her meal. It wasn't until the smells reached her nose that she realized how hungry she actually was. She mustered all of her manners to keep herself from quite literally stuffing herself, and instead turned her eyes up to the TV screen while she ate.

She was only half paying attention, enjoying her meal and trying to pick out words from the many conversations going on around her. Some sounded excited, others apprehensive. She knew into which category she fell in. She lowered her eyes to her plate to gather up some eggs when the voice on the television changed, garnering the attention of everyone in the room. She looked back up, about to stuff some of the eggs into her mouth when she paused. She, like some others, wondered if what she was seeing was some scene from the movie the actor was talking about.

Confused murmuring rose around her, and she whipped her head back and forth as she tried to understand what was going on, especially when the television was promptly muted and the Professor asked for their attention. An icy chill came over her the moment he began speaking, and she felt her heart begin to sink. Anyone (conveniently) younger than herself was to remove themselves from the room and were allowed to bring their food with them to their dorm rooms. No longer feeling at all hungry, Gavrielle pushed her plate to the other side of the table and turned to look timidly towards the Professor and the sudden gathering of teachers. Pulling her wings tightly around herself, she took in a shaky breath.

Not a simple school. Not a normal curriculum.

The one called Logan, or Wolverine as some of the rowdier students had shouted earlier, uttered a question that Gavi wished remained unanswered. An attack. By mutants. People like her. She knew that in the past, people like her were feared. Her family had feared her.

The conversation kept going, though the young girl didn't really understand anymore than before. Who were these bad mutants? Who the hell was Erik? Was someone going to just let the cigar roll around on the floor?

The Professor kept talking, and Gavi just got more panicked.

"When you arrived here, some of you today, some of you earlier, you knew there would be a time when you would be called upon by the world. Just as we were."

Wait, what? No. No, she never wanted to believe that. That was just some dramatic flair to make the school seem cool and hip. Like they weren't just weird super humans with super powers they would save the world. He kept talking, and Gavi couldn't reason with herself one way or the other. She felt trapped.

She could stay and fight or leave and be labeled a monster, which was what lead her to come here in the first place. She wanted to leave. She really did. But there was nothing for her out there. No family, and at least here she had some semblance of friends through her room mates. She closed her eyes and took in a shuttering breath, resigning herself to a fate she wasn't sure she could live up to.

The one called Wolverine could only growl when the Professor left the room.

The food was ash in Alisha's mouth.

She did suspect there was more to the school than meets the eye, but she didn't expect the professors to get the students involved in it. Gaze flickering from the muted TV screen, to the bald man in the wheelchair, Alisha put the fork down thoughtfully. She could see some students had stood to leave, a good many (of the newer ones) panicking/getting excited, but Alisha didn't budge. She wasn't one to follow the herd. Whether Christian had followed her down to breakfast, or Vi finished her shower in time, Alisha made her own decisions. She wanted to go down to breakfast and she did. Talked about cancer before eating? Well, her father was an oncologist, so it was only given that she had her own opinions on the subject. Regardless, she'd never once felt the desire to fit in or be a part of a group.

Well...perhaps she did, a long time ago, but not anymore.

Deep brown eyes glued themselves to the omelette as she processed all the information presented to her. The X-Event should've wiped out the many of the abilities of the older generation of mutants--at least, that's what she'd read in the news. There had been a big commotion about it. Yet four new mutants appeared. Were they like Alisha? Randomly got their powers out of the blue? Yet they seemed quite experienced with it...enough to break into a...prison? Alisha wasn't quite sure. She didn't even know what Xavier expected them to do about it. Help the government? Help the mutants? Kids who've never seen death in the flesh? Granted she'd been to hospitals and dissected pigs before, that was entirely different from what the ones on TV were capable of--taking human life.

Alisha's hands clenched.

...and then there was the 'Erik' person the professors where whispering to each other about. Erik Lehnsherr? The criminal? Was he caught? Why did they seem upset about it? The world of mutants was still new to her so Alisha found herself grasping for whatever bit of information she could get in attempt to piece together the entire puzzle.

It was Professor Charles Xavier who presented the main question though. Should she stay? The teachers had lied to her parents. Lied to her. Know the realities as much as I...Alisha mentally snorted. Bullsh*t. She didn't know she'd be involved in the fighting. She'd come to learn about her powers from former mutants, not join with some sort of secret group that was clearly involving themselves in some sort of struggle between mutants and the government. The teachers weren't even mutants anymore. They lost their ability.

Was that why the students were needed?

The muscular, hairy teacher with the sideburns glared at them, daring them to ask questions--and making her little nervous--but Alisha refused to be muted.

She raised her hand. "What about med school? What about the students that come here intending to study?" Couldn't be all the classes were fake. For a high school student, their studies were paramount to their future. Surely the school didn't intend to disrupt that. "Can I still expect recommendations from the professors when it comes to college applications?"

It was ultimately curiosity that kept Alisha in her place...for now. She wanted to know what 'training' consisted of for a mutant. She wanted to piece together the puzzle that was Xavier Institute. What sort of place had she walked into? What sort of people? She wanted to see for herself what the professors intended to do with the mutant kids they've gathered. Only then, after all the information has been gathered, would Alisha make her decision. Alisha was cautious like that.

Braddington Braddington
mentioned: Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin jaelee jaelee

Last edited:
LOGAN.gif

Logan rolled his eyes as the group started whispering among themselves. Charles has never been one to shy away from expecting a lot. From a lot of people. Most of them seemed to keep their cool as Charles left, leaving Logan and the staff to tend to the fallout. Sometimes he forgot that while he may have survived quite a few wars... Chuck had not only been critical to the success of countless conflicts in the past, but had probably prevented more deaths than most people can comprehend. More than even Logan could... at times. He dragged another puff of smoke, ending his cigar, hearing the soft whimpering of a girl. It did not take a lot of time for him to draw his attention to her, seeing her beautiful wings. He started limping towards her, ignoring Jean as she reached towards him, calling for him to leave them be. Kneeling down, wincing loudly as his leg cramped, he tried to look up at her, trying to catch her eyes.

"Hey, Wings? You okay?" His voice... god... he could almost imagine Charles smiling at him for its... gentleness. Fuck... He could lie to himself as much as wanted, but even he could not deny... he had grown to have a soft spot for them. Despite himself. He could not help looking over to Rogue. Her smile towards him made him growl in his throat, getting more pissed off at himself when she mouthed that he 'go ahead'. "Come on. You don't have to stay. You won't be told to leave, eh?" He reached into his pocket, for another cigar... realizing that she probably won't appreciate him puffing into her face. "Fuck..." He patted around his pockets, grabbing four painkillers instead, swallowing them, grabbing a half drunk cup of coffee to down them. "You won't be made to anything you don't want to. Chuck... Uh..." He coughed. "Charles- The Professor. He ain't like that. He won't judge you. But... He got me in some years back. Turned me from someone who was a bit of a shit- Uh..." Another cough. "Kinda... selfish ass. You know. Into someone who... did some good. While I could." He looked down at the scarred hands hovering over her, not touching her for fear of having her flee.

The thin lines along them, running up his arms... from where they had removed the blades. He had to get them out, as they cut the muscle inside his arm. Not healing... was kinda shit when you had a set of fucking knives in your arm. "I was kinda lost eh? Never did anything worth mentioning. Not really... Nothing really worth people giving a shit about me. But here we do, okay? You won't be measured by your willingness to fight. The Prof is not like that, okay?" His knees were killing him, as he slowly stood up again, his legs cracking under the stress. "You... everyone of you is far more than you can imagine. The prof can make you see that. He is hard to trust. But it pays off." He tried to keep her eyes, desperate for a smoke. "What ya say?"

InTheSea InTheSea

JEAN.gif

Jean watched Logan as he made his way over to the girl, her hand gently lowering. She sometimes forgot that much of that gruff exterior was just a man used to being a jackass. Not that the pain had made that much easier. Of course it had not. It made him lash out. And try and bite any hand that would offer him comfort. Like a dog... wanting to run away... and die alone somewhere in a cave. She and Scott had talked of this many evenings since she had removed the blades. Clipping the nails of the great Wolverine had felt like a tragic final blow to much of the former team's morale. Even more so for her, having to take away that thing he had fought so hard to overcome and master. The blades mattered little. What they represented, meant much more. A violent, bloody past.

Even if the professor had told her she was not entirely wrong for thinking it... the quiet whisper in her mind... the idea that perhaps she should just... open the morphine valve during the operation. Just... give him an end. The idea had not been hers. Logan had asked. Just before she had put him under he had whispered it in her ear as she hugged him. Of course she had told him to not even think it. And of course he had joked, and told her he was kidding.

They both knew he was not.

But she could not let him die. And even now, she was unsure if she regretted it. Regretted saving him again, only to damn him with a half-life... His twilight years spent in agony. It had taken years for him to come to her room, Scott having joked about it being a bit late for a threesome, which to her surprise had made Logan nearly fall over in the doorway with laughing. He had sat them down. He knew of course Scott knew everything. There were no secrets there. There never was.... Not really. He had apologized. Told her that he was sorry for asking it. Asking it of her. Told her that the Professor had other plans. Other options. That he was glad she saved him.

He had not seemed like he was lying. He had not seemed like he was telling the truth. Perhaps, he had wanted it to be the truth? It would make sense. He was the type to want to go on for as long as he could. Perhaps it was hope?

Seeing him now... with the girl... she could not help but feel perhaps she had done the right thing. At least for now.

Her attention was drawn when another girl spoke to Logan, having her turn her head to the girl instead, letting Logan deal with his moment of... softness. "Of course. School continues. The curriculum is not... different. Think of it as extended." She looked the girl over. She seemed the type to know what she wanted. And be insistent on it. Deciding perhaps a more formal approach would work with her, she smiled at her. Speaking loudly, so as to make sure everyone heard. "Xavier school is accredited among the top private learning institutions in the world." She gestured to the staff. "Most of the staff hold PhD's in some of the most relevant subjects to date, ranging from Geopolitics, Chemistry, History, Art, Music, Geography, Engineering - The Professor being one of the most cited and respected scholars in his fields." She let the girl take it in for a moment, clearing her throat. "As a part of your studies here you will gain the required credits to enter nearly any institution on the planet, should you focus on your particular field. Beyond that, the staff - being celebrated Alumni from most Ivy League Universities - have no small amount of pull, should you wish to make an impression." She looked over the staff, as they all nodded in succession.

"As for what you will be expected to do as part of your... extended curriculum. Know that you won't be sent out to some battlefield, unprepared and uninformed. That is not the practice we follow here. Some of you have abilities that will allow you an inherent advantage in a particular field. That is all. Those who elect to be trained will follow state of the art physical and social conditioning befitting your age, abilities, interests and temperament." She again gave them a moment to let it sink in. "Some of you will function well under conditions you might associate with... uh... Navy seals?" She looked over to Hank who chuckled, shrugging. "Some of you will be good with analysis. Some with infiltration." She took another breath. "This might make what we do here seem like a para-military institution. To an extent, that is partly what it is. We don't intervene on political fronts, but we we gather information, make sure the correct people get it, and keep the non-mutant population aware enough so that they do not lash out. Some missions may be dangerous. Some easy. You will know beforehand. You will be given every bit of information needed to make a critical and informed decision." She nodded at the girl, stepping onto one of the steps nearer to the front of the room, standing a bit higher.

"All of us here have been on this team. Doing the things we are offering to teach you now. Look at us. We are every age, race, gender, physical build. Some of us were worshiped as literal gods at one point-" She nodded to Storm. "And some of us were physically powerful beyond belief, but changed the world with their minds, not their powers." She nodded towards Hank. "The X-Men are a group that strives always for peace. That is who we were.... Are. And we are offering you the chance to join us. to learn from us. And master the gifts you have, to the betterment of the world. And yourselves." Her soft, smooth voice became quiet. She knew Charles could have given the speech. But it was probably wise to have them do it. Not the leader. The people. Show the trust they had in him as members.

She sighed. That man...

"Any more questions?"

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Christian Bellwood

It still amazed him how big this school actually was.

It was something Christian noticed as he chewed on his slice of toast, eyes roaming around the room and occasionally glancing at the television mounted on the wall near the corner. After finishing setting up the ground rules he followed Alisha down to get some food, wondering if Vi had any rules to add to the list. They had all been ushered into the large room, sat down at these long tables and been left to eat and chat among themselves. It was weird how much it felt like he was back in high school, although he guessed that was the point. This was supposed to be a school for those with mutant powers, take out the powers and it really was just like a normal school.

It was the slow murmuring that turned his attention away from his breakfast to the television, people silently gasping and questioning if it was real. He felt a hole begin to form in his stomach as he watched, the toast he was eating seeming infinitely less appetizing as the sound was suddenly cut off. A bald man in a wheelchair made his way into the hall, flanked by some people that he recognized as the adults handing out the papers outside. What were they talking about? Who was this supposedly dead person, and why was the bald guy looking at them.

It took Christian a minute to fully process what they had just been told. Questions flew through his mind as the hole in his stomach turned into a bottomless pit. "What do they mean called upon?! These people were obviously dangerous, were they expected to do something about it!? What about the police, the military, literally anyone more qualified than a bunch of children!?" He tried to move his legs, tried to get up and walk all the way back home back to his parents. But they wouldn't move no matter how much he wanted them to, not even a twitch to show that they were responding. His fingers gripped hard into the side of the wood table, knuckles turning white as he tried to push back, to do anything to remove him from his seat.

Yet he couldn't bring himself to do it. Even when the big and scary man with biceps bigger than Christians' head began to comfort a girl with huge angel wings growing out of her back. Or when a red haired woman explained that they were being trained to act like some sort of pseudo private military force. Even when he had every opportunity to get up and leave, his body wouldn't let him. Maybe it was his nerves being too fried to respond, maybe some subconscious part of him wanted to stay, or maybe he didn't want to be the first to get up and leave. Whatever the reason, he found himself slowly uncurling his fingers from the table and slowly raised his hand.

"S-shouldn't we just leave this stuff to the military? I mean, we're just teenagers and these people are dangerous enough to cause that much destruction. There has to be people better suited to this stuff than us."

Mentioned: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel jaelee jaelee TYPE TYPE

iOrseZf.png

INSOMNIAC
Alice Marilla Reed

Where.Dining hall With. Angel InTheSea InTheSea Mood.Overwhelmed

When the time they had before school start had grown shorter, Alice excused herself from her roommates. She would find them later. With quick steps she found her way out of the massive building and out into the open air. There wasn’t much time until breakfast, but before then she needed another smoke. Meeting her roommates had made her whole body feel tense, and the cold shower hadn’t helped with that. She had gone off at one of her roommates and probably freaked out the other one, and they had only been together for less than half an hour. Not that it was too much of a problem, there was plenty of time to make up for it later.
Alice walked around the mansion while inhaling the smoke from her cigarettes. After going through two smokes, she realized the time was there and she needed to head back inside.

She was anxious for how the year would be. It would be weird to be so far from home, not to mention her mothers. The people there seemed… interesting to say the least. Without a doubt, she knew she would get to know many unique personalities, and while it was exciting, it also scared her. What if she didn’t? What if she wound up stuck in a foreign country with no friends?
As quick as she noticed the direction her thoughts were going, she forced herself to focus on other things. Walking through the halls to the dining area, she focused on the walls, counting all the extravagant things she could see. She counted the paintings, the sculptures and the doors. When she finally arrived at the dining hall she had already forgotten the number she had counted, which was probably for the best.

Entering the lavish place that would be her dining room for the next year, she couldn’t really think of anything else than that her parents would have loved it. Sitting alone at a table, she spotted her winged friend Gavrielle. Not knowing anyone else, she walked to her and sat down at the opposite side of the table. Alice didn’t say anything, just offered a smile to her.

As the Professor, Xavier, introduced the school, the faculty and the basic information, Alice did her best to pay attention, but she felt exhaustion creep over her and her eyelids felt heavier every time the professor opened his mouth. It was unlikely she would actually fall asleep, but focusing had become a difficult task. As soon as everything mandatory was done she would take a short nap.

The arrival of food made her at least feel a bit more excited and focused. With great joy, she took big bites of her food, finally giving her stomach what it had craved for hours. When everyone else seemed to stop everything they were doing because of what was happening on the telly, Alice kept on eating. If it was a movie, it was a movie she would love to see. If it wasn’t a movie, she would still like seeing it as a movie. She was way too tired and overwhelmed to actually take it as seriously as she should have.

Professor Xavier asked for their attention once more and gave his comment on what was on the TV. Alice was too busy staring at Wolverine’s cigar to really pay much attention. If he’s allowed to smoke inside, can I do it too? It was when the cigar dropped to the floor that her mind snapped back to reality and she started to fathom what was going on. Uncertainty rushed over her. Did they really expect her to fight whoever was in that news report, or anyone for that matter? She was quite glad to notice she wasn’t the only one who took the news with difficulty, Gavrielle had seemed shocked enough to be noticed by one of the teachers.

Without saying anything, Alice listened to everything Wolverine had to say, while also paying some attention to what the tall red head was saying. (She hadn’t been able to remember the names of most of the teachers yet, the only reason why she remembered Wolverine was because it had been shouted earlier)

After hearing what they had to say, she felt relieved. To her it made sense upon further explanation. Normal humans couldn’t fight mutants, especially not the ones on the TV. They had been attacked by large amounts of gun power as well as helicopters, yet it had done nothing. Besides Alice wasn’t too worried, there was no way they’d bring her into the gunfire, her powers would be useless. She doubted it would do any good at all.

And she couldn’t deny the thrill she felt at the idea of danger and excitement, no matter how much she tried to.

Genevieve Weaver - STAR SAILOR

As Vi showered, she pondered the puff of green smoke she'd been teased with. As long as Alisha wasn't fucking with her by using an illusion-type ability, then she could create some form of gas. But what were its properties? There were a lot of options as far as that was concerned - it could be hallucinogenic or corrosive, or it could allow her to control the minds of people who breathed it in, or maybe she could form it into objects or people. Regardless, it was exciting, and only the first appetiser of the feast she’d get when introduced to the rest of the school.

It was only the ache of her raw skin that returned Vi’s mind to the present. It had been days since she’d ran away and since she’d last showered, probably the longest she’d went in her life without a five-star hygiene routine, and her body was letting her know it. Watching the dirt, lint and sweat pouring off her, she was reminded of animals that could shed their skin. She almost wished she could too - because her actual skin was very red and very sore as she cut off the stream of water and stepped out onto the mat.

It didn’t take her very long to dry herself off, brush her teeth or get dressed, and for the first time in her life Vi felt no need to do her makeup or make herself ‘presentable’. She was just a student here, not a wannabe heir. But there was one side of no longer being pampered she’d forgotten about until she turned to leave the bathroom: no one would be cleaning up after her here. The floor of the shower was filthy, her dirty clothes were heaped by the door, and looking back she could see stains on the previously pristine sink from toothpaste. Vi cleaned up after herself, a routine that quickly dampened her mood (and gave her a greater appreciation for her former maid), and found her dorm room empty when done. She’d taken longer than expected, so she couldn’t blame the others for going to grab food. She decided on one of her suitcases as a hamper, folded her dirty clothes and towel into it, then followed to the dining hall.

Vi’s dormmates had sat together as expected; she joined them with a smile mere moments before the staff’s introduction began. She gave the Professor her full attention, only briefly faltering when she spotted a pair of freaking wings out of the corner of her eye. Any interest her mind had in mutations was wrestled to the ground by her stomach when Xavier finished talking and they dug into their food. Her extensive lessons in table decorum were not forgotten easily and she fought every moment to not begin sloppily wolfing down the balanced meal she assembled.

Then came the broadcast. Vi watched with the solemn respect any such tragedy deserved. A small part of her wished she were there, that she could use her abilities to help those people. But she was no fool. The mutants on the news were dangerous, an effective team, and looked to have far more experience than her. Which is why she must have been one of the few in the room to be relieved and, against her better judgement, excited when Xavier sent out the other students and explained the non-traditional academic experience they were being offered.

Leaving didn’t even cross Vi’s mind, frankly this is what she’d been expecting the moment she’d gotten the invite to the school. And she was willing. More than willing, even in spite of the unacknowledged lump of fear sitting in her chest. As far as she was concerned, she had a responsibility to stay, to learn how to use this gift for others. They all did. But she didn’t verbalise these thoughts, not when it was obvious her new friends were having a lot more difficulty accepting the situation. Alisha seemed more worried about her academic future than her safety on the surface, but it was Christian that concerned her. His knuckles were white as he clung to the edge of their table. Vi placed her hand on his shoulder and tried offering them both a reassuring smile, but Christian seemed too out of it to notice and Alisha’s attention was focused on Jean’s answers. She retracted the hand as he raised his own and returned to her meal. Everyone still in the room in an hour’s time would need to have eaten well if this training was going to prepare them for whatever they’d just witnessed on the TV. "Both of you should eat something heavy in protein," she suggested. "We're going to need it if this training is half as strenuous as it'll need to be."

Her previous decorum forgotten, Vi made very short and very messy work of her food.

Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

GASTICIAN - Alisha KaurLocation: The Cafeteria

X-Men.

It wasn't a name Alisha had heard in a while. Not since the hype surrounding them on social media died down when the mutant called Pandora erased all mutant abilities 20 years ago. A group more prominent in her father's time when mutants were around. Or was it her grandfather's? Alisha didn't know. It wasn't a subject she'd been particularly interested before she'd awakened her abilities. A group of costume-wearing mutant...reformists? No one was entirely sure what their goals were. Sometimes they helped the government against troublesome mutants. Other times, they acted on their own agenda.

World “peace”, apparently.

Eyes, which had been focused on Dr. Grey, shifted over to the other members of the school staff. So Xavier Institute was a training ground for X-men. Or future X-men? Whichever. She’d have to look them up if she intended to study at the school. Or ask the fanboys/fangirls that seem to populate the institute.

Alisha sighed.

"Cool" heroes wearing capes never really interested her as much as it did her sisters. Nor the achievements of a mutant group that existed before she was born . She was more focused on the future. Her future, as well as the futures of those she cared for, rather than remnant "heroes" of an age long past.

But one couldn’t deny that the past built the present either.

Besides, from what the video showed, the remnants were coming back. She was one of them, after all. A mutant. A random outlier in genetic probability that people thought to be gone with the X-event.

Nodding, Alisha felt Vi’s hand on her shoulder, albeit briefly, before she picked up her fork and continued eating. Her main question had been answered at least. She’s come to study, as well as learn about her powers, so it would be troublesome if one of her reasons went up in smoke because “the lessons taught were on no curriculum.” Certainly no one told her she’d be joining a private army, or be required to undertake missions for someone she didn’t entirely trust yet, but, given the benefits Dr. Grey pointed out, and the fact that tuition for the school was practically waived, it made sense. There was no such thing as a free lunch after all. Alisha rather appreciated the redhead’s logical approach on the matter. No (obvious) attempts at manipulation. She pointed out all the benefits of joining and gave a clear explanation of the group’s true operations and goals.

Bonus points for charisma as well.

Did her father know what she'd be involved in? Unlikely. If he did, there was no way he would’ve allowed her to attend.

“Good idea” Alisha replied to Vi’s suggestion about protein, fork shifting towards the bacon. “The amino acids will be necessary for building muscle. Though, too strenuous of an exercise and you could cause irreparable damage to your body. Physical training isn’t meant to be rushed and I seriously hope the teachers keep that in mind when designing the courses. I mean, I’ve never even thrown a punch before…and I doubt blowing out helium will help with that.“

Yet the teachers seemed confident in their ability to prepare them for the dangers ahead. Alisha didn’t know if they were just absurdly optimistic in the potential of young mutants or just that confident in their teaching ability. Either way, the fact that a choice was offered and Dr. Grey assured them that they would be given the information to make critical and informed decisions made her feel better about it.

Alisha glanced over at Vi, frowning when she saw the other girl wolf her food down like a madwoman and created a bit of mess—especially around her mouth. She passed the other girl a napkin. “That’s my ability by the way. I alter the chemical structure of whatever I inhale and exhale it out in a gaseous state.”

There was no need to ask if the girl was staying. Her actions were proof enough. She only hoped Vi didn’t vomit out all the food when the training was over. She’d heard Seal training was…intense. While she was pleased Christian had the foresight ask questions instead of blindly following pretty words like “the world is calling you” or “for world peace”, she also hoped he would stay. Finding another roommate that took her concerns seriously might be difficult. Yet she had no intention of influencing his decision either. He’d brought up a valid point.

In the end, it was up to his own sense of responsibility.

From what she deduced from Dr. Grey’s speech, the X-men felt it their duty to make the world a better place. There were lots of other ways of doing that. Her parents are doctors and saved many lives. They were also heroes in Alisha’s eyes and they didn’t have to be mutants to do so. It was seeing them in action that prompted Alisha to study towards the medical field.

In her case, the X-men provided an easy access towards her goals.

But that didn’t necessarily apply to Chris. He certainly didn’t look like someone who would join an ostentatious group of peace-keeping mutants like the X-men. Her gaze flickered over to where a winged girl was being comforted the gruff and buff looking teacher that glared at them. But, then again, looks could be deceiving. Not that there were any schools better for mutants out there. At the very least, she wasn't likely to be considered an outcast for doing things others couldn't.

Alisha chewed and swallowed before continuing to talk about her powers. "I've experimented with various compounds and I'm pleased to say that my respiratory tract is quite resistant to chemical damage. Corrosive gasses. Toxic gasses. Flammable gasses. I am able to produce them all in my lungs without any noticeable deterioration. Poisons, the kind you breathe in at least, don't affect me unless I'm unconscious or too tired to use my powers. I'm not easy to drown either..."

Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin jaelee jaelee

(mention: TYPE TYPE InTheSea InTheSea )

Last edited:

Mood: Resigned, hopeful

Interactions: Logan TYPE TYPE

Mentions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel | Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin
[/div] [/div] [div class=name]Gavrielle "Angel" [/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text] [div class=dialogue][/div]
Hover over picture.

There was something...oddly refreshing about the one girl [Alisha] who didn't seem at all phased and proceeded to ask questions. Med school, studying, recommendations to college. It brought on a sort of normalcy despite the overwhelming fact his situation was anything but normal. Was she in as much denial Gavrielle was, or was this just another hurdle to her? It almost made Gavi laugh in pure hysteria, but she couldn't actually get to that point with her body completely frozen in terror. Though deeply appreciative of the girls questions (which Gavi had hoped would wake her up from this nightmare), she still couldn't figure out where her mind had gone in the effort to wake up. Another boy had spoke up more in panic it seemed, but she was losing her attention span to her own swirling mind.

She was faintly aware of someone approaching, of the thud that indicated limping, of the obvious grimace produced by an old injury.

Of a wolfish individual now kneeling next to her.

She lifted her watery hazel eyes, appearing somewhat golden in the dining hall light and the constant flickering of the muted TV. This man had given the impression that he was someone you didn't want to piss off. Up close, there was something familiar about him, just as the name Wolverine had, but she had been so extremely sheltered up until her abandonment she still had no idea about the world she was suddenly thrust into. Irritation and what Gavrielle had taken as disinterest, had seemingly vanished from his voice and was replaced by a kind of concern that started to take the edge off her panic.

Wings. Well, of course he didn't know her name. Her giant freaking wings were the only indicator that picked her from the crowd. How was he supposed to know her name? Most of her normal high school teachers, when they finally took role call a dozen times, insisted on calling her Gabrielle, when the papers had clearly replaced the b with a v. Her parents, or rather ex-parents, irritated her to no end for not giving her a more normal name, or at least more well known variation of the name.

Yet at the same time, she clung to one of the only things left she had of them, which was her name and the oddities it brought along with it.

This was probably the worst possible time to lose her voice, but when her lips did little more than tremble, she realized she had little choice but to simply sit and listen to the man called Logan instead. He said she didn't have to leave, nor would she be told to do so. So she wouldn't be kicked out. It would be her choice at least. She couldn't understand why that made her feel so much worse though, not until he kept talking about how she wouldn't be made to do what she didn't want to. Won't be judged. He spoke about how the wheelchair-bound Professor had turned him from a selfish person into someone else. He swallowed a small handful of pills with a nearby cup of coffee, and her gilded wings gave a little twitch in surprised reaction.

She held his gaze for a moment, golden orbs rapidly transitioning between brown and gold with the altering TV glare. She wasn't completely unaware of the red-headed speaking to the bright young woman from earlier. But she had been very much focused on the man before her that most of what was said had been drowned out

How was it that people she had hardly known more than a few short hours were more understanding and caring than a "loving" couple who had sought her out when she was still in diapers. Religion. Was it a blessing or a curse? She thought the latter, but even then she couldn't abandon it completely. Not when there were so many good aspects of it.

Her eyes flicked down to his arms, taking in the terrible scars that lined them. She wanted to ask him what happened, genuinely curious about the oddly symmetrical injuries, but her voice was still caught in her throat. She couldn't be sure if he was subtly trying to just get her to stay, if he was trying to get her to leave, or if he was just trying to be niced for her sake. Or all three. She didn't know. What she did know, or rather, what the Wolverine had suddenly made her realize, was that she had one thing going for her here regardless if she joined the fight or not.

Hope. Maybe she could eventually have her own peace.

She slowly moved her hand forward to Logan's, and although he stood, all she had to do was simply touch him and let him feel the overwhelming calm that she was intent to feel. She would stay. She would learn. But she didn't know if she could fight. Not yet.

[div class=dialogue]"Teach me..?"[/div] It wasn't a demand. She wouldn't bring herself to do something so foolish to someone like him. It was a plea. A plea for help, a plea to be accepted, do do something with herself, just as he had been.

Evie had been considering breakfast options when the news hit. She felt her heart sink as details flowed in. Her dad had told her stories about Magneto. Where he started, what he stood for, and how resolute he was in his mission. She actually found herself agreeing with a lot of the Master of Magnetism, though found the lengths he went to too extreme. Now, he was back in the game. While without his power, he was less of a direct threat. But Magneto’s mutation wasn’t the only thing that made him dangerous. He was a charismatic leader who attracted people to his cause, much like Professor Xavier. And now, this new class of mutants would likely have to continue old battles with old foes.

“Que ahora, papa?” She muttered as she looked around at the other students.

She saw shock and some fear in their faces. One of the students she first noticed when she came into the cafeteria, the one with wings, was talking with some of the teachers. Dr Grey gave a little speech, confirming what Evie suspected. She had always guessed that the end result of this education was the yellow uniform, but she had suspected it would be this fast. Some of the roommates were already discussing how to apply their gifts in their roles. It sounded like the staff had already been sorting.

That reminded Evie that she wasn’t entirely sure where her room mates were. She had lost Jax and Addie before the news hit. She had a suspicion as to why they had been put together. And there was to be a 4th mate to the room, but she wasn’t sure who that was. Well, it seemed time for the first roommate meeting.

“Addie!” Evie called out, looking around for her new friends. “Jax!”

ADDISON- "SIREN"
be39befb3725372c48ed71c4e5118846.jpg

Interactions: RikuXIII RikuXIII KingHalliwell KingHalliwell
Addison had largely not been paying attention to anything that was happening. Mostly because as terrible as it all was to her it was not her problem. She wasn't here to be a super hero, that's not what she'd signed up for. Last she checked she signed up to go to a school to show her how to control her powers, not to become a soldier and fight their old battles that they couldn't anymore. When the seemingly ultimatum had come out the professors mouth she was ready right then and there to finish her breakfast and then go back to her room and pack up. She didn't need this. She wasn't here to be in the spotlight in this way. She was destined to be a super model, or a super star not a super hero. It was all very infuriating to say the least. Throwing kids onto the battle field? That was some world war bull crap. Some of these kids were very young, where they expected to fight as well? What was their excuse they'd be trained first? Sound like the kind of stuff this country usually frowns upon. Child soldiers...all because the adults who actually want this no longer have their powers.

The only thing that snapped her out of her thoughts was Evie calling out her name. She blinked and looked over at the girl. She sort of over heard the conversation between the other teachers and a couple students, but she wasn't in the mood to talk to them. She'd wind up going off on them because assuming she wanted to control her abilities shouldn't equal she wants to fight with her abilities. And to say they could just leave was heartbreaking because where could most of them honestly go? This is the only place so far that she knows of that's offer kids like her solace and a supposedly safe place to learn. It was stay and be forced to train and fight or go out in the world and for some of them probably wind up in a lot of trouble from being unable to control themselves. IT was hardly really a choice. It was an illusion....this whole place was and she was furious for it.

"Hm?" She looked over at Evie trying not to show just how angry she was about all of this. She sighed, " I don't know if I will stay here..." She spoke softly. She might as well come right out and say it, "I'm not going to be some puppet child soldier to fight their battles. I came here to learn control." She looked over at the female teacher, "If I can't learn without being forced to fight...then this isn't really a school. However you dress it up of the different sectors, if I can't choose to just learn how to control my power and get a decent education without having also the choice to not go on...missions I guess you could call it. Then that's not a choice. That's dangling a carrot in front of our faces because they already know some people here don't have another option, they might not have another real choice. So far there is no other competition of places that can offer even near the same things." She took another bite of her food looking down at it rather then her two new friends. To think she'd actually started to get excited about being here. She should've known better...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back