• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ATLA or Spider-Man RP Search

Wangcas

wannabe grandma
Hello, I'm Cassie! I've been role playing for around twelve years now. I'm 21 years old and currently do not attend school or have a job. I'll explain a bit more in my rules and disclaimers, but I'm not advanced lit and often times struggle to write more than two or three paragraphs. While I tend to start off roleplays at around 5+ paragraphs, that might eventually lower. I don't always write less than one paragraph, but it does happen often.

-Reply length:
  • For my own replies, it really depends on my creativity level. If I’m feeling depressed or overwhelmed, don’t be surprised to receive a one-liner or single paragraph. If I'm feeling inspired though, I might use multiple paragraphs.
  • As for your replies, I really don't mind! Don't stress yourself into role playing an amount you're not used to. If I happen to feel creative and go multi paragraph, stay to what you're comfortable with, and vise versa. If one-liners are your thing, obviously I'm fine with that as well since I'm guilty of those myself.
  • If you're super-duper advanced and use impressive words and uses multiple paragraphs to describe something simple like a single leaf, you're probably not the person for me.
  • Honestly, I just really want no stress. My ideal partner is someone who is fine writing lower amounts of text, and who is 100% fine with my smaller sized replies. At no point do I want to feel stressed or overwhelmed (and same with you)!
-Reply frequency:
  • I usually range from multiple times a day to every other day. When I'm inspired, I tend to be pretty quick with my replies. However, there are a lot of days where even though I'm online, I'm just not in the right mental state to role play. It's not anything to do with the actual role play, I'm just too exhausted and emotionally drained to come up with a reply. Depression likes to suck the creativity out of me. Fortunately, I try to get back within a day or two. But depending on how bitchy my depression is, it might be longer.
  • My ideal partner is someone who usually responds multiple times a day to every other day (like me). Now, that being said, I'm pretty lenient and I’m not expecting you to be 100% consistent in keeping up with that. Life can get hectic, so waiting an extra day or two isn’t a huge deal. However, keep in mind that I’m the type of person who loses interest if the time between responses are long.

-Ghosting Policy:
  • I have no intention of ghosting you. If I haven't responded to our role play in a while, don't hesitate to check up on me! I try to warn people ahead of time if I know I'm going to take awhile, but sometimes I might not think of it.
  • If I get too overwhelmed or stressed from role playing, there is a chance I will end the role play. I'll always tell you, though, and I promise it most likely has nothing to do with you specifically. Even if I end the role play, I'm totally okay with keeping in contact to talk OOC. And maybe once I get better, we can even try again.
  • Please don't ghost me. I know this is a controversial subject on this site, but I promise I'm not saying this out of pettiness. I have social anxiety and struggle talking to people in general/making friends. If someone is intentionally ghosting me, I get super hard on myself and immediately beat myself up over it. I already have a constant fear that nobody likes me, not to mention my best friend from high school has ghosted me as well and I'm still trying to recover. I understand people get anxiety when it comes to ending a role play, as I have that too. But please try to see from my point of view! If you are someone who ghosts, I have nothing against you, but I'd rather you not start a role play with me.
  • I don't consider it to be ghosting if my partner disappears out of the blue. There are so many reasons why a person might not respond, such as a medical or family emergency, natural disaster, crappy wi-fi, etc! To me, ghosting is only if the person is intentionally avoiding me. I promise I don't hunt people down, by the way! Hopefully I'm not scaring anyone.

-I have depression and an anxiety disorder:
  • I said above that depending on how I'm feeling, my replies might get shorter or less frequent. This is due to my mental health. So please, don't take it personally! It's not that I'm getting bored or anything, unless I specifically tell you.
  • I have really bad social anxiety and paranoia, so I tend to overthink social interactions and read too much into things. Because of this, it is incredibly important for me to have a partner who is not only patient, but willing to reassure me as well. By no means am I asking for you to be my therapist, I just ask that you be open in communication.
-OOC conversation and friendliness is a must:
  • I need a friendly connection with my partner or I become uncomfortable and anxious. I know this can be a turn off, as some people aren't into role playing for the friendships they make along the way, so now is your chance to make a run for it.
  • Nothing has to get super personal for the sake of privacy and your safety, of course! Though, heads up, I do tend to accidently overshare sometimes. Nothing that hurts my safety or anything, though!
  • I am looking for a long term role play partner and friend. Someone that, if we end up getting tired of one role play, we are still able to talk and maybe even figure out something else to role play.
-Role playing style:
  • I role play in the past tense, and that's the only way I'm comfortable writing. However, if you are someone who much rather prefers present tense and doesn't mind me using an entirely different one, that's cool too. Might be a bit weird to read, bouncing between our two tenses, but I'm fine with that if you're fine with that!
  • I write in third person, and I'd prefer you to do the same thing.
  • I only role play on here using the private messages or discord. Lately I've been getting into discord since it can be nice and organized, but that is by no means a requirement! Private messages here are fine, as long as we have a separate one for OOC chatter and the role play itself. Something that I think is cool with discord is how if we make a server, we can use the tupperbot to simulate text messages and group chats for modern day role plays! Obviously not a requirement, though.
  • I don't particularly care for the whole "I play this character for you and you play this character for me" mindset because in my opinion, it makes the RP seem more like a business deal than an actual RP both parties are enjoying together.
-I'm 21 years old:
  • I'm super shy, especially when it comes to age differences. I'd prefer to role play with people ages 18-25. People older than that intimidate me.
  • However, if you are over the age of 25 and truly are interested in a role play with me, I can make an exception if you genuinely understand where I'm coming from. Maybe talking for a bit might ease my anxiety?
-I'm not perfect:
  • I make typos and grammar errors here and there. I try to pay close attention to my writing, but sometimes things slip past me.
  • I might sometimes mess up on canon characters! I try my hardest to stay as accurate as possible. If you mess up on a canon character, that's totally fine! You don't have to be perfect. For canon role plays, I'm more of a casual writer anyway.

If you're still here and agree to all of these terms (that sounds so controlling I'm sorry omfg) and okay that I might need a little more help and patience than other people, thank you so much! If not, and you're about to leave, thank you for stopping by regardless! I wish you a great day or night. Anyway, with all of my boring disclaimers and rambling out of the way, let's discuss the potential role plays themselves! (as you can see, currently I'm only interested in an ATLA rp or Spider-man rp oops)
PS: I just added in the Spider-man, and I must warn you... it's late and my thoughts are all scrambled, so that section is a huge mess. I also naturally have a hard time explaining things and staying on topic, so that doesn't help either lmao

Growing up in the 2000s, Avatar: The Last Airbender was very much a part of my childhood. I watched it when it first aired with my sister, and though at the time I hated Sokka's hair for whatever reason, I did love the show. It's very dear to me, so what's better to show my appreciation than role playing it and potentially screwing up my portrayal on the canon characters (I'm joking lmao)? I've never role played any of these characters yet, so you must be patient if I don't do the characters immediate justice. Right now, I have the most muse with Zuko as I've been rewatching clips and I keep falling more and more in love with his character design.

Even though I've watched the series at least twice in my lifetime (some episodes even more), it's been awhile since I've last seen the entire third season, so please be patient with me! Chances are I'll rewatch episodes during the course of role playing, though.

Characters I can role play happily! ( <3roles I'm primarily interested in) (:bishiesparklesr: roles I'd be confident in) (:ghostuvu: roles I'd be semi-confident in) (
:alien:
roles I'm not super confident in)

• Aang :bishiesparklesr:
  • Sokka <3:bishiesparklesr:
  • Katara :alien:
  • Toph :ghostuvu:
  • Ty Lee :ghostuvu:
  • Zuko <3<3<3:bishiesparklesr:
  • Suki :ghostuvu:
  • Mai :ghostuvu:
  • Jet :bishiesparklesr:
  • Iroh :alien:
  • Azula :alien:
Pairings (
<3
romantic) ( :ghostv:Platonic) (
:bishiesparklesr:
Favourites) ( :alien:indifferent but open to)
  • AangxKatara <3:ghostv:
  • AangxToph :ghostv:
  • KataraxZuko <3:ghostv::bishiesparklesr:
  • ZukoxSokka <3:ghostv:
  • ZukoxMai <3
  • MaixTyLee <3:ghostv:
  • TyLeexSokka <3(whaaat? they'd be a cute couple)
  • SokkaxSuki <3:ghostv::bishiesparklesr:
  • TophxSokka :ghostv: (I can see Toph having a crush, but I don't see Sokka sharing those feelings)
  • ZukoxToph :ghostv: :bishiesparklesr:(rich kids united)
  • ZukoxJet :alien:
  • Your OC x canon character <3:ghostuvu:
I'm totally fine if you use an OC! However, I'd love it if you could also use at least one canon character. It's not required though!

I'd prefer to split canon characters in half between us (i take five, you take five, etc), as ATLA is one of those fandoms I'd love to use multiple characters with.

I don't have a preference on when this takes place, if it follows canon, or if we use an AU (like hogwarts or modern day). However, with modern day AUs, I find slice of life plots to be boring.

I also want to warn you that I have absolutely no ideas on where or when I want canon role plays to take place, and that I absolutely suck at coming up with plots. If you’re one who is really good at coming up with ideas and plotlines (or already has an idea) and is fine with me leaching off you, then that shouldn’t be a problem. I hope that doesn’t sound like I’m lazy? Basically I just get incredibly overwhelmed thinking up ideas and start stressing.

Possible Ideas (some will still need an overall plot, of course) (<3 most muse for)
  • Toph and Zuko being an iconic duo, possibly going on another life changing adventure together.
  • Explore more of Zuko's life in Ba Sing Se as Lee, the tea maker, where he meets your OC? I was thinking we have this extend over different stages, like when they first meet at the tea shop, start going on dates, meet the parents (and make a horrible first expression lmao), Zuko's real identity and all that drama, etc... and maybe have them take a break a reunite in a season three setting where Zuko is no longer in hiding? If we do this, I'd like to incorporate the other characters somewhere, either interacting with Zuko and the OC or maybe we can have their own separate adventure going on. Or just mainly focus on Zuko and the OC. <3<3
  • "hey guys i'm not actually dead lmao" jet giving the Gaang a heart attack

Despite Andrew Garfield being my favorite Spider-Man (I love them all though, don't get me wrong), I've found that Tom Holland's portrayal is easier for me to role play and I tend to feel a lot more inspired with him. I think there's something about his innocence and the way he's still a bit more on the childish side that I just like... find so fun to role play.
As of the moment, I'd like to just have a casual, wholesome role play with the occasional angst. In other words, this will take place between Homecoming and No Way Home, or maybe even in an entirely different time line or altered universe.
As much as a sucker I am for Peter and everyone on the Avengers basically adopting him, especially his relationship with Tony Stark (even though I don't think he's the best mentor lmao), I want to stick to a more local setting. Right now, I feel like including the Avengers will overwhelm me, you know? Not to mention the rest of the MCU is just... a bit too complex and kind of boring for me. I love the Spider-Man characters, so sticking with them would be cool!
Also yes, Tony Stark and Happy Hogan are allowed. I personally won't RPing them, but if you want to that's more than okay. I do have a guilty pleasure of role playing Peter getting scolded by Tony... God help me.

Anyway, moving on from my unnecessary ramble (I get carried away be warned lmao)! Currently I don't have a particular plot idea in mind, and the ideas I do get are usually very minor and more of a subplot. I'm a very unplanned person, so if me not having a concrete plot idea is a turn off to you, it's understandable and I hope you have a great day. HOWEVER if you are okay with me being weak when it comes to plotting, and don't mind helping me out a bit, then awesome! For the record, it's not that I'm too lazy to plot or want you to do all the work, I just get incredibly overwhelmed thinking up ideas and start stressing (if you read my ATLA section, then this is probably like deja vu oops). I will try to help as much as I can!

Characters I can role play! (<3 primarily interested in) ( :bishiesparklesr:I'd be happy to RP!) (:alien:not super confident in, but willing to try!)
  • Peter <3
  • Ned :bishiesparklesr:
  • Michelle :alien:
  • Aunt May :bishiesparklesr:
  • Flash :alien:
  • NPC's
If I haven't made it clear (I don't think I've actually come out to say it yet oops), I do prefer to take the role of Peter Parker, so sorry if he's who you wanted! I just have so much muse for him, so I hope me immediately claiming him doesn't seem bossy or rude or anything! Other than Peter, every character listed above are open for you! Just because they're listed does NOT mean I claim them. I would absolutely love if you took someone like Aunt May or Ned!

Plot wise... as I said, I don't really have a particular idea, but I have like, fragments? If that makes sense? Kind of what I want in this role play.
  • I actually love when my partner uses their OC(s)! I used to be funny about OC and canon relationships (related, platonic, romantic, etc) but since joining this site and experiencing multiple awesome OCs... I'm like, hooked.
  • I'm fine if you have a romantic interest OC or canon, I just ask that the romance stays wholesome and PG considering Peter is a minor and honestly, I feel like him just passionately making out with random people is a bit out of character, you know? And, if you're wanting a relationship with your OC, I'd either like to learn more about them and decide if I can see my Peter portrayal liking them, OR if you like your character's background and personality to remain a mystery, I'd like to role play and see, based on the RP so far, if I can see Peter liking them. Does that make any sense? Basically, I don't want a forced romance with a character who Peter would realistically NOT be into. I'd rather not have a role play with Peter in a romantic relationship with some sadistic, evil villain who is the complete opposite, you know?
  • "peter i hate your aunt and that orphanage should burn" "thats not cool but i still love you...kiss me" SEE? It's weird omg
  • If you're wanting a canon character to be a romantic interest, that's fine, though I'll be honest with you... I'm not really feeling any of the canonxPeter ships, you know? Meaning, I'd love to try them! That made absolutely no sense! omg!
  • For a platonic relationship, all cards are on the table! OC, canon... I love friendships.
  • If you use an OC but are struggling with a backstory or just simply interested, I do have some ideas regarding that? Mainly one, actually. I'll only share this idea in PMs though because it's kinda cliché and I'm embarrassed omfg
  • And to be clear, I'm not against action or angst completely! I know I said I was interested in something more wholesome, but I totally love adding in some action here and there! And angst? Who doesn't enjoy some good ol' angst with the exception of dealing with it in real life? Primarily slice of life plots are boring to me.
  • Yes, Tony Stark can be dead and this can take place post Endgame. Or, it could be pre Infinity War, OR we could lose the Infinity and Endgame stuff altogether
ALSO I have seen NWH, so you're safe to spoil or talk about it to me in PMs. I am interested to see if someone shares my same opinion on the movie 😏
. . . .​

Interested? (i sure hope so lol) Please send me either a PM or comment stating what idea(s) you'd be interested in! (Optional: your response length, your response frequency, little about yourself, triggers, etc) (or save those for PM)
If you have any questions that determine whether or not you want to role play with me, feel free to comment below as well! (I will probably delete comments that are over one month old gradually as I bump this thread, though)
Forewarning: I've probably said this, but I do get overwhelmed very easily. So if you send me a PM, there is a chance I'll turn you down due to multiple role plays going on. However, I do still keep PMs in case an empty spot opens up, so it's not necessarily a permanent turn down. But, I always will respond to PMs regardless of whether or not I can role play with you.

EXTRA:
My name is Cassie or Cas, I'm a cis woman, lesbian, 21 years old, and adore my cat Misty. My hair is also down to my belly button, so fun fact there!
Also, in OOC communication, I do write in lowercase and sometimes use abbreviated words! In the actual RP, I use proper capitalization and punctuation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back