• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic X-Com: Extraterrestrial Combat Unit!

Beckoncall

World-Weaver and servant to the most-holy PC
Supporter
Anybody out there interested in an RP about secret/classified organizations fighting to defend the earth from an escalating alien invasion?

The RP will involve ever-escalating operations by the aliens as the human race does their best to combat the extra-planetary threat -- Responding to alien activity, researching technologies, resource management, etc.

I may also open the game up to allow players to play as factions of the alien invasion if there is interest, who would compete against the earth defense forces.

Familiarity with the X-com series or RP game mechanics will not be necessary, you can "Learn as you go"...

Example of a Scenario in this RP:

1) Small Alien Craft located entering Earth's atmosphere
2) Players may scramble interceptors or send ground/airborne troops to where the UFO is expected to land (or be forced down)
3) Earthlings attempt to covertly or directly learn what the alien agenda is and if possible seize alien bodies/tech for study.
4) Humans further and trade research to become better at facing the aliens
5) and so on. The aliens will start scouting and sneaking about but can potentially ramp up into outright attacks on countries or terror missions to scare the world populace into capitulating to the alien agenda.

Sound good to anyone?

By popular declaration we are shelving the idea of alien players for the time being (but may bring them in once the alien war has escalated) -- people who want to play Xcom Organizations will be contacted shortly.

also interested

I'm only really familiar with the 1994 UFO Defence game, and I've played it a lot recently. I assume this role-play is inspired by that, right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back