• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic X-Com Defense (Orders)

1642534481718.png

Russian Coalition: Code Name Medved

General-leytenant Dasha "Molotov Molly" Orlova surveyed her group. She fought hard to get this command, even pulled in a handful of favors with the Russian High Command and elsewhere to establish this base. It wasn't the usual fair, after all. They weren't just focusing on defending the motherland from just any sort of national enemy.

No.

She was here to fight against the most dangerous type of enemy unknown. Those from beyond the stars, the extraterrestrial. In fact, coequally called Aliens or even Invaders. Her Bears were assembled to fight this threat and she was proud to be the vanguard of the defense of her country and even the planet.

They weren't the only ones that had gotten the heads up about the invaders. Many countries had thought to do the same and form organizations to aid in defense. Looking over the latest reports, she saw UFO activity in many places. Some were already being engaged, but for her, the choice was obvious. She immediately got on the horn and ordered the twins to intercept a small scout ship near Warsaw. If they could capture that ship, they could leapfrog their aircraft technology by at least dozens of years.

They needed to grab every sort of advantage that they could acquire. They knew next to nothing about these invaders, only that they were vastly more technologically advanced then them. But that wasn't going to stop Russia from fighting back.

------------------------------------------------

Anya and Kesar Verenich were twins, both twenty one years of age. They requested this assignment. After all, how often would you get to protect the Earth from Aliens from outer space. They were both over eager young adults, ready and raring for action in the field, not having been that long out of the academy. But for them, it was better to be at the front and center of the action, than left behind.

Besides, they knew that the Medved was going to get all sorts of experimental technology that they wouldn't get to get their hands on in the regular Russian Airforce.

Kesar was eating a donut while leaning against a wall, reading a comic, but not just any comic. It was one about alien invaders sucking brains out of their head. The young man took another bite out of his donut. The hero was just about to be hit with a sneak attack from a alien hiding in the bushes, when suddenly he felt a jab at his back.

Jumping at least two feet in the air, the donut landed hard on the ground, splattering chocolate all over the cold metal floor.

Anya had a massive grin as she waved from a crouching position near the ground and gave a friendly wave. "Silly Kesar. You let your guard down. What would you have done if I had been a real alien, hmm? You would have been vaporized six ways to sunday."

Kesar was at first furious, about to respond with vitrol, but then looked at the floor at his fallen donut and sighed. "Well....you weren't and now I have no donut."

Anya stood up and frowned. 'Well, how about this, baby brother. I'll buy you one after we come back from our first assignment?"

A look of shock crossed Kesar's face. "Waah, really? We're being deployed already?"

His sister chuckled and she nudged him with her elbow. "Yeah. Real life UFO over Warsaw. Time to suit up, bro."

"Nice...... Oh and You're only older by a few seconds." Kesar turned away to suit up for the big event.

------------------------------------------------

It was all happening so fast. The duo started opening fire on the alien craft. The damn thing was moving so fast. So very, very fast. Although it didn't seem to do so well to the concentrated fire of the twins. That was why it did something diabolical and launched something down into the waters.

Kesar was dead set on his plan. He was going to down this ship. It was his destiny. He patched through to his sister.

"Anya. I'm going to keep pushing this alien scum down towards the ground so we can get him to land and our ground troops can take them out. You find out whatever they dropped and stop it dead."

"Acknowledged. But be careful brother. We still don't know what the Invaders are capable of. That why they sent the both of us into the field."

"Don't worry. This'll be a cake walk, like back in the simulator."

Anya got a closer look at what was dropped. It was strange flying tentacle creature that were attempting to steal icebergs? Something deep down inside of her was reviled, not because of the appearance of the creatures, which were beyond her imagining, but because they were trying to steal resources of the Earth. Her finger pressed down on the trigger, immediately gunning down one of her foes and injuring the other.

That was when she heard Kesar's voice on the radio.

"It got behind me. I can't shake it. It's too fast."

Anya turned her fighter craft back towards Kesar, letting the other injured beast fly back into space without its bounty.

"I'm coming Kesar. Hang on."

"I...I can't shake it, Anya. I........."

A loud explosion as the alien scout ship plowed through Kesar's Fighter craft as though it were tissue paper. Debris was scattered everywhere. There was no way that Kesar could have survived that.

Rage. That was what she was feeling in every fiber of her being. Her twin brother dead. Those smug monsters were going to pay. They were going to take the aliens and their ship alive and in tact.

No. That was no longer on the table. Even if it killed her, she would make sure that all those bastards would die a horrible death.

She turned her fighter towards the bastard's ship, unloading with everything that she had. The enemy ship was taking damage, but now, now they were locked in an ancient game. The Game of Chicken. Who would be the coward. Who would duck out of the path of the other first. It wasn't going to be her. Anya was going to give them hell.

Closer and closer they flew as the angry tears flew down her cheeks. Her fingers heavy on the trigger as the machine guns were threatening to overheat from the non stop continuous action. Heavy blow after heavy blow as the bullets struck the ship and became closer and closer.

"Dammit. Why....won't....you....die....!"

Anya knew the only way that she was going to take any victory here. She was going to hit that alien craft with the biggest thing that she had. With only seconds before they were to collide, she ejected out of her fighter craft. The alien ship colliding with it, but this time, unlike with her brother's ship, the previously heavy damage caused it to list and collapse to the ground.

It was a small consolation, but she had acquired a ship for the Medved. However in tact it was. The aliens made a powerful enemy this day.

---------------------------------

The troopers had boots on the ground securing the alien craft. Its consoles were fried, but otherwise in relatively decent condition. The crew seemed dead, except for a pair of tracks that they were unable to follow before it got lost in the snow.

They still returned with a victory.

Turn 1 Actions

Send two Scout Interceptors to take out Warsaw Small Scout

Send in Team Alpha when ship taken out

Begin Research on the Alien Craft​

A lone man in a flight suit sat on a wooden crate. His face, covered by his air mask, was illuminated by the blue light of his phone. He reached into his pocket and fished out a pair of headphones. He gently untangled the lines and plugged in the jack to his phone. He gently pushed one of his headphones into his left ear; as he was about to put in his right and press play, he heard "Mover! About to go out on your first mission, huh?" The pilot looked up and simply nodded. Before the pilot was a large concrete hanger and his jet. Just moments before the mechanics had run the last of their tests and diagnostics. Mover had come here to mentally prepare himself for whatever it was that awaited him out there. He wasn't going up against a conventional enemy... no they had no idea what these invaders were capable of. Yet, Mover had joined the Watchers of Vishnu because he knew he could help make a difference. "Well, good luck up there, Buddy. We're all rooting for you. You'll be the first one out of us all to bring the fight to them! I'll be doing your pre-flight check up if you're ready." Mover gave a thumbs up and then up to walk to his plane.

Canopy, check. Harness, check. DEEC's, CAS, Seat, check check check. Mover went through the list of pre-flight checks. It was something that he had done hundreds if not thousands of times already. But this time... felt a bit different. "All right, Mover... I mean uhh Krishna 1-1. Last thing on the list and then you're good to go. Turn on the landing light for me." Mover flicked a switch before he looked outside and got a thumbs up. "You're good to go Krishna 1-1. Have a safe flight." Mover nodded and began to taxi out of the hanger and onto the runway. There he paused, waiting for approval from Air Traffic Control. "You're clear for take off, Krishna 1-1. Give them hell." Mover took a deep breath before he began to apply thrust and thus Krishna 1-1 took off into the skies.

---

Operation Desert Vigil
17,000' above Hassai Borehole - Sudan, Africa

---

As a child you would wait
And watch from far away
But you always knew that you'd be the one
That work while they all play

"Overlord, this is Krishna 1-1. Requesting bogey dope."

"Bogeys. BRAA 210 for thirteen at angels 10, Cold."

"Roger, maintaining course and altitude to the designated AO."

In youth you'd lay
Awake at night and scheme
Of all the things that you would change
But it was just a dream!

"Overlord, this is Krishna 1-1 holding Angels 17 in the AO."

"Krishna 1, continue dry and get eyes on the bogeys."

"Wilco."

Here we are, don't turn away now,
We are the warriors that built this town
Here we are, don't turn away now
From dust.

"Tally on three bandits flanking right at 9 miles, Angels 10. We've got Sudanese ground forces moving to intercept the Scout ship. Interceptors are moving to engage the local ground forces."

"Roger Krishna 1, you're cleared hot. Happy Hunting."

"Roger, Krishna 1-1, engaging. FOX-1. FOX-1... Krishna 1-1 splash lead hostile... Lead hostile is still flying after taking that Avalanche! Lead hostile is pulling insane G's! It's on my six! Krishna 1-1, defending!"

"Krishna 1-1, break north!"

"Krishna 1-1. Breaking... North!"

Will come
When you'll have to rise
Above the best and prove yourself
Your spirit never dies!

"Hostiles are being engaged by friendly Ag-Aq fast movers, Krishna 1-1. Your six is clear."

"Roger, going hot."

"Hold fire, Krishna 1. The hostile scout ship is egressing north, turn and engage that hostile."

"Krishna 1, moving to engage."

Farewell, I've gone to take my throne above
But don't weep for me
'Cause this will be
The labor of my love

"FOX-1, FOX-1. Splash one hostile scout ship. Krishna 1 is Winchester."

"Good work, Krishna 1-1. We've bagged ourselves our first kill. Return to home plate. Our boys in the Skyranger will deal with the rest."

"Roger, Krishna 1-1 is RTB."

Here we are, don't turn away now
Here we are, don't turn away now,
From dust.

Last edited:
1642768759494.png

General-leytenant Dasha "Molotov Molly" Orlova had just finished a call with "Willy Pete" of the Red Rangers. It had been years since she had seen the man, but he had truly seemed to be the same as ever. Focused on the gung ho nature of his Australian forces. Not that there was anything wrong with that. She just preferred to branch out into more mechanical avenues in order to better protect the people from harm. They had already lost one pilot to these aliens, and she was sure that this was not going to be the last of it.

Orlova and "Willy Pete" had both been part of a multicultural joint exercises. Something that benefitted multiple nations with improved tactics and national cooperation between countries as well as sparking more pride in their own forces and troops. A mutual respect for how well they each led their forces in the war games sparked a night of passion between the two, but their own military affairs had kept them apart for many, many years.

As such, she was looking forward to this joint operation between Medved and the Red Rangers against this rogue Warlord that had acquired advanced Phoenix Missiles. This was going to be the first real test of her forces and especially how well her robotic troops can perform. She'd be sure to keep an eye open for that.

-------------------------

Later in a bed in the on site hospital, the Squad Leader, now known as "O-Negative" was recounting his tale of the battlefield, complete with waving his arms and as much full bodied motion as his injured body could afford.

"We rushed in carefully with our heavy shields and Robots moving in quietly and carefully. Along with this Red Ranger guys, we silenced anyone whose path we came across and then, there was suddenly chaos. Not sure exactly what alerted them, but before we knew it, the enemy was coming out of the woodwork. Our forces charged forward to the North while the Red Rangers were dealing with the Right flank. That was until....."

He made an explosion noise along with arm movements. "....One of those Red Rangers fired off a large explosion, knocking almost everyone off their feet except for our two robots and the guys with the shields. Apparently the enemy, even while prone was great at suppressing fire, because we just could not take advantage of the knockdown. It was then that I saw how well the robots could perform. When they got into close quarter combat, they demolished the warlord's troops like they were nothing. I'm certainly glad they are on our side. So we charged forward into the enemy fortified position to secure one of the missiles and I got shot in both femoral arteries. I didn't think was going to make it. I mean, I seriously thought I was a goner. But here and I and I pulled through just fine."

-------------------------

Elena Solovyova pulled her red hair up into a bun and placed it under her brown hat. She didn't want it to get in the way of today's research and work. Especially with what she was going to be working on. The young woman smiled. This mission had proven how well her designs for robotic soldiers could work in the field and now she has been given leave to improve upon the design. She had an idea for how to make them even tougher based on the field reports and her own findings.

A new composite would add to their strength. And next month, she would ask the General for the resources in order to improve the machines even further. She knew that they could be the key to winning this battle with the aliens. Humans would be frail and weak on the battlefield. It was inevitable that they would need stronger and stronger armors to protect the squishy interior from harm. But with a mechanical creature, a robot, they, themselves are already strong and as such, any armor would make them continue to last longer on the battlefield. Especially with that strength, she could place in large scale build in mounted weapons.

But what she truly wished to work upon was giving them intelligence and the ability to learn. In this way, they could function as human soldiers. The bulwark that can protect humanity against the rising tide of the alien horde.

Turn 2 Actions:

Purchase/Build 2 Enhanced Interceptors

Hire 1 new Pilot. Build 1 new Robot

Initiate Joint Operation against Warlord with Aq-Aq and Red Rangers

Research of Alien Console in conjunction with captured alien ship

Research Improved Robot Armor​

1643138703482.png

Turn 3

General-leytenant Dasha "Molotov Molly" Orlova had difficulty reading the reports. It was not every day that one lost 3 out of 4 members of a squad that was sent out to a horde of bloodthirsty monsters from outer space. The last surviving member was undergoing a full debrief now that they have been given some calming medication and some time to cool off.

Also, the new Robot Soldiers under her command were also being addressed. From what she had heard, the new experimental Beta Software had already well proven its worth when combined with the newly hardmounted weapons into their shoulders. Heavy armaments had made it possible to gun down many of the gnashing maws, claws and teeth that had not only devoured all the civilians in the location before they had gotten there, but also 3 out of 4 of the human troops that were sent out.

She sighed. It was clear that in order to combat this alien threat, normal human troops alone would not suffice. She would have to talk with her Head Scientist and Engineer about the possibilities.

Blast it all. Three people of hers head in one operation. She'd posthumously give them medals as well as the surviving team member. And even the Robots. It was important for her that if they were doing the lion's share of the work and they were learning, that they be treated as a part of the team as well.

Another sigh. It was time to write more letters to family members. But at least they succeeded in saving a country from further bloodshed.

----------------------------------------

The Robots from Operation: Tuskan Raiders were assembled before Tech Sergeant Elena Solovyova and her team as she performed maintenance and asked them questions. Before her was Unit-002, 003, 004, 005. Unfortunately 001 was destroyed in an earlier operation dealing with a Warlord and his men. Before they had been upgraded.

Each and every one of these machines needed to be in top shape. They were currently the best line of defense and offense that Medved had in their arsenal. Once they upgraded their protection from hacking and A.I.s, they would become an unstoppable battalion of hardened troops. With their learning hardware, she knew that they would only become more and more powerful.

"Unit 001, please elaborate on what happened during the mission."

"Affirmative Tech Sergeant. Medved forces engaged the alien troops known as Tasoth. They came in large hordes and the human troopers began to fall in battle, even as our forces had killed them in droves. It was not a deterrent to the enemy. The Robotic Squad took command once only one human trooper remained and had difficulty functioning. Our heavy fire decimated the enemy troops, allowing our remaining human to retreat. Then, our forces moved forward and engaged the Tasoth forces that were engaging the Phoenix Allied units. The battle ended in victory and the acquisition of Plasma Rifles, some alien alloy and many, many Tasoth Corpses."

"Thank you Unit 001. You and your fellow machines have done Medved proud. I hear that the General will be giving you medals for your valiant efforts in the operation."

The machine looked at Elena. "That is not understood. Why would we get medals. Are the robotic troops not merely troops to fight against the alien forces invading the Earth?"

Elena gave Unit 001 a pat on the shoulder. "In time, as your matrixes grow, you will understand that you and the others are more than just tools and weapons. You are fellow life and guardian of the planet, much as we are."

Unit 001 stood in silence, contemplating this information. The Beta program allowed them to grow, but it was not yet at the point where it was capable of understanding this sentiment.

-----------------------------

A video call from Montgomery LePure-- who gently prompts to colloquially call him by the name "Subject 24"... "I have a proposition for your organization...I assume I am talking to Mr. Anton Popov?"

The video Call is masked, coming from a very secure source. The outline of a bomber jacket and some kind of heavy motorcycle helmet can be seen, along with smoke in the background, swinging red lights and sparks.

Anton Popov was the chief scientist at Medved. It was through his breakthroughs and in conjunction with their TechChief, that their machines had had so much success. He ran his hand through his thick hair.

"Yes. This is Anton Popov, head Scientist at Medved, Subject 24." Anton pushed his glasses back up on his face as they slid down.

"I know that you are a decisive man, so I'll get to the point. We knew what was coming since the Arc-Carrioer- Forerunner came in the 80s. We knew what was coming-- and we had a solution- A SOLUTION--a secret program that could fix the world. And in the final moments before fuition, our leader and supposed visonary Tobias West had BACKED DOWN.

The Treachery! The Cowardice! But his attempts to erase us have failed. FAILED!

It was known as Project Purity--one man's dreams, of placing every inch of human flesh with neurtally controlled prosthetics--we must abandon these husks, these dirty vessels-- if we are to survive the coming storm.

A lot was sacrificed. We were pushed to the limit. Dozens of us died or were left crippled... but we came closer to success.

The Juggernaut was the answer to the next step in human evolution -- more than a man, more than a soldier...

Pure titanium skin impervious to infection, to crude marring. Pure as a smile in Win-ter. As pure as a human should be.

Of course there were complications. Total encapsulation -- the dreams, instability, the hallucinations -- not everyone could take it.

So at the last second, Tobias West pulled the plug -- ordered everyone associated with the project killed KILLED!

The Labs were buried. But recent events have laid the project vulnerable. I know the location of the facility, and how to get in.

We ask that you raid the labs of Tobias west and share the tech with us. A long time laying low and facing the alien threat has left us shattered and very
much in need of repairs.

If you succeed we will both gain, HUMANITY will gain.

We are the PURE. THE PURE! Help us Medved. Help our species."

Anton Popov listens carefully as Subject 24 continues to speak. Waiting until he comes to the end of his speech.

"Before I agree to anything, I need to know how many of you there are. I must say, that this proposition intrigues me, especially given the failure of human flesh in our most recent engagement, but the absolute rousing success of our intelligent machines."

"Only 30 of us are... barely... in service... with twice as many waiting to be brought back online. With what you plan to bring forth as the new cutting edge of cybernetics, from there we could expand our numbers... perhaps even join forces. We have watched the ascention and honing of your robots. And we agree with you when we see their potential. We are not a new family of monsters to add to the current... menagerie... we are people that have bled and sacrificed, and have made many of the mistakes you will need not if you have our guidance."

"I understand your pain. Perhaps after this successful venture into these dangerous labs, we can look at you and your brothers and sisters, perhaps ease any pain you are under from the dangerous experiments."

Anton moved his hand through his hair.

"The General will approve of this plan. Medved could use another close ally in this fight and these invaders tear normal humans to pieces with ease."

"You will receive the location data and all you need to infiltrate the compound. Steal the technology. Share with us. And Cybernetics will thrive -- perhaps the last best hope for humanity."

The call then ended abruptly and Anton could only hope that they were making the right decision.

-----------------

Turn 3 Actions

1. Research into integrated Heavy Weapons for Robots

2. Research Improved A.I. for ability to increase fighting capabilities based on experience.

3. Operation: Tuskan Raiders- Fight Tassoth Ground Forces in Denmark.​

d5sp18z-89fc73d5-61e6-47f0-9753-a0cfe49b007a.jpg

X-Com Defense Turn 3

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Vân Vĩnh San leaned back in the black leather chair in the fairly small, dark office. It had been a risky venture, changing the company over to begin looking into extraterrestrials and what possible research, and therefor products, they could gain in the endeavor. A decade ago, the very idea would have seemed ludcrious, the addled ravings of some madman in a tinfoil hat, but now... Now it was not only truth, but the future. Vân leaned back in his chair, the soft leather letting out a small squeak of protest as he read the reports before him. The early research into a new battlefield stimulant had gone well, there were some worries about it possibly pushing the human body too far and leading to catastrophic organ failure.. An acceptable risk, however it wouldn't be seen so from most of the organized militaries in the world, so the direct profitability of the so-called 'Boost Juice' wasn't in sales. It could prove useful in further... endeavors especially in Asset Acquisition. After more work and 'improvements' to the bodies of their employees, the side effects of the Boost Juice could prove to be less severe then original believed.

Almost without thought, Vân removed a small stopwatch from his blazer jacket and flipped it open, his dark eyes and shaded face impossible to read in the dimly lit study as he peered down at it for a few seconds before he snapped it closed and slid it back into his pocket. Yes, by studying the bodies of the aliens and their technology, it was impossible to guess how far they could push the boundaries. The ability to alter the body with a simple injection, to make mankind as strong and fast as the heroes of legend... Perhaps, just perhaps, even Project Lazarus could be a reality.

Vân pulled himself from his thoughts to toss the read file on the small table before him and picked up the second. Operation: New Dawn, a bit too poetic for his taste, but the operation had gone well. Vân had not expected Medved to be there, he had hoped to keep Phoenix Co's involvement in the alien incursions a secret for as long as possible. The man covered in shadows ran a hand across his jaw, perhaps it would have been better if Mister Sayavong had.. removed the last of the Medved operatives, these 'robots', during the operation to hide their involvement. But, the operation had been a success, they had gained many resources including a live specimen of a alien of particularly powerful physique. From what Vân knew of Medved, they seemed to be more earnest then many of the other Coalitions, and while he would have preferred to keep more secrecy, there were worse Coalitions to have developed some ties with. Perhaps this relationship could be used to corporations advantage, Vân mused the possibilities as he tapped his fingers against the mahogany arm rest of the chair, the rhythmic tapping helped focus his mind. The ship had sailed, as they said, so what was done could not be undone, they'd have to monitor for opportunities with Medved... Perhaps Mister Sayavong had made the right call after all.

The last file was the most troubling. Vân had suspicions that there were alien organizations running amok in their backyard, but he had not expected one so close. Vietnam, in their yard. Right off the coast. Made them isolated, easy to deal with, potentially. But they'd have to deal with them soon. If they got to spread too far in Vietnam, it could make removing them difficult. Tap, tap, tap, the sound echoed throughout the study as Vân Vĩnh San continued his musings. His free hand, still hovered over his jacket as if it subconsciously fought the urge to pull out the watch once again.

Actions

1. Operation: New Dawn - Fight Tasoth Ground Forces in Denmark.

2. Research Pain Blockers - Adrenaline laced medication to allow agents to better handle physical trauma until they can make it back to medical care. (10 scientist)

3. Interceptors will patrol local area (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia)

A broadcast is being made from an undisclosed location. Thirty known and less known figures are gathering in an ornate chamber and taking seats that only ever were usually filled by holograms. It didn't matter anymore. The vote had been unanimous 30-0 on this course of action. The mayhem of the pogroms and their inability to control affairs leading to what was now a total global crisis they could no longer control. Too many actors working in their own interests had pulled their attentions here and there. They had failed in their self assumed duties as the custodians of humanity.

As the thirty figures sat, servers entered and began dispensing poisoned wine to each member as a grey hair man took the center, unseated. He held a glass for himself and felt strangely at peace knowing that even as they failed, they would give the others the openings needed to succeed, even if they must do something monstrous in the end.

"Greetings, I am Mr. Nox and I am the spokesman for those you see gathered... we have had many names but surely some watching can guess from your conspiracy theory forums and reddit postings. We are the Illuminati. We are the power behind many thrones in this world... and we are finished. We cannot stomach humanity giving itself so stupidly over to alien lies and we will not allow it to happen. We are releasing every bit of data we have on the Army of Love and the truth of their nature. The fact they don't care about you, that all they want is their god-king to destroy this world for the sake of their own reproduction and survival. They have lied to you and many of you imbeciles drank deeply of the cup of lies," Mr. Nox said in contempt towards his own species as he takes drink of his own wine. He then sighs and his features soften.

"You were scared. You didn't want to grasp the true danger. And we failed you. We failed to guide you. We caused the pogroms because we knew the truth about the Army of Love and their Cult of Sirius puppets. I... We are sorry. We can't protect you any longer. We can't guide you any longer. We failed in our role and we can only do this final act to give humanity its chance to live. To save the Earth and its people from a monstrous fate. If you are seeing this. It is too late. Nothing can stop what has been set it motion. Take our deaths as the final apology," Mr. Nox coughed, a bit of blood at his lips.

Other members of the Ghost Council were slumping over in their seats, some quietly while others coughed blood a little before falling dead.

"Forgive us. We chose to be monsters to hold others at bay and even then... we failed. May humanity and the Earth endure. Do not believe the lies of the Army of Love... they are just smiling monsters... who will destroy Earth and leave you to die," Mr. Nox manages as he brings up a handkerchief to wipe about another bit of coughed up blood." Code: Tantalus. Gods help us...."

Mr. Nox slumps dead across the table, joining the 30 other conspirators that had run the Illuminati as the final deployment command was issued globally to unleash the biological agent they'd code-named Damocles.

Final Orders
Release of all data, intel and research to Coalition Orgs
Release of Damocles Virus via Operaiton Nova

0x0.jpg

X-Com Defense Turn 4

Vân Vĩnh San leaned back in his chair, a pile of reports in front of him. These last few days have been trying, they full threat of the Aol had been revealed, a major victory had been scored against the terraformers and they had pulled back, for now, the work on ODP, the chemical designed to destroy the alien terraforming in Central America, had been completed and awaited to be transmitted over to Medved. The last thing Phoenix wanted was to paint a target on their back by reversing the largest, and greatest, gains of the alien invaders publicly. It was better to let another, someone 'trusted', to do that for them. Medved had been selected because of prior work relationship and a belief in their integrity in handing out the compound without implicating Phoenix. But this newest project, it made his stomach twist. Project Sanctuary. Ambitious, monstrous. but with it, they could destroy the Aol for good. A massive complex built to house and 'process' the Aol refugees, to protect them from dangers, built with the aid of the Node... at least, that is what the propaganda would say. In truth, it was an extermination building. Aol would be taken in, separated and then exterminated in decontamination chambers before they even realized what would happen. More advanced lifeforms would be walking right to their own deaths and they'd be free to, at will, grab test subjects and with those subjects create a pathogen. A pathogen that would wipe all of Aol out and save mankind... while opening up new and exciting doors in the human genome for Phoenix. Vân Vĩnh San had called in the favor owed to them by GAG, they'd funnel Aol to it, each of them seeking salvation and they would deliver that... to mankind. GAG even mentioned the prospect of this pathogen, perhaps they had a prototype that needed refinement. Refinement that Phoenix, with it's soon to be.. abundance of test subjects, could provide. It would be a great undertaking, terrible.. but great. He stood from his desk and opened an old walnut cabinet, pulling out a crystal glass and a bottle of whiskey, such times required a bit of celebration.

As he poured, his thoughts were interrupted by a prim voice breaking the silence, "Sir, routing transmission to your desk, it... seems important," the voice hesitated a moment.

"Send it over, Tuyết," Vân Vĩnh San said as a large hologram lit up the dark room.

Vân Vĩnh San watched in stunned disbelief as the man spoke, "We-" he started, his body shaking in rage, his knuckles white against the glass, "We had a deal!" he screamed at the hologram, as if it would hear him, "We had a deal you traitorous worms!" What were they doing? How was this going to help Project Sanctuary? This jeopardized everything. Everything!

His face, which moments before had been flushed red in rage, drained as realization dawned on him, there was no way... They wouldn't do that... They.. had a prototype of the pathogen already? But it hadn't been perfected, it hadn't... Time seemed to slow to a crawl as a horrible realization dawned on Vân Vĩnh San. Pictures of GAG, or Illumanti as they now called themselves, agents spread over the world, releasing the pathogen for maximum saturation... A pathogen that was not perfected, a pathogen that would target the Aol.. and humanity. As the man spoke, as he died in his cowardice, leaving the world to gather the corpses of their loved ones, as Vân Vĩnh San barely stood, so weak now that a strong breeze could have tipped him over, as the glass of fine whiskey slipped from his fingers to shatter against the ground, all he could do was stare in horror, "Oh God.."

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

It was a warm day, the sun gently caressed the small, but homey, house in Ho Chi Minh City, the smell of bun bo nam bo wafted through the air as dinner was in the middle of being cooked, giggles and loud growls filled the air as Yu Somnang, Agent working for Phoenix Co, tossed his son around in the air. The young boy was giggling like a maniac as his father lifted him by his heel to dangle in the air before tossing and catching him, Somnang gave a playful grow as he nibbled his son's should electing another squeal as the boy pushed on his father to try and escape, "Again!" the boy shouted, a large smile on his face as Somnang spun the boy around again before collapsing together on the couch, a bundle of giggles.

"Again?" the boy said as he wiggled his way out of Somnang's arms to perch on his lap.

"No can do, your mom's almost done with dinner," Somnang said, out of breath.

"Awwww," the young boy said his voice exaggerated as he tossed himself onto the couch next to Somnang.

"Awww," Somnang copied as he playfully poked his son in the stomach, "Come on, let's go set the table before you sister comes down," he said as he lightly slapped the boys thigh and stood... but the second he did so, he heard coughing, a wet cough that sounded like the lungs were trying to tear themselves free from the chest.

Somnang looked back down at his son who was bowled over on the couch, his knees tucked to his chest as his body wracked, the coughs almost ripping the small boy apart as specks of blood shot out across the white sofa, tears ran down his face and mucus ran freely down his nose, his skin was so pale and his hair stuck to his skin like glue, soaked from the sweat, "Nimol!?" Somnang touched his forehead and nearly yanked his hand back, it was so hot it was almost scorching. Confusion and fear swept over Somnang as he lifted the small boy off the couch, so small and balled up that he weighed almost nothing, "It'll be okay, it'll be okay," Somnang whispered to his child, before he could even scream for his wife to call for an ambulence, the sound of a heavy thud in the kitchen and the clanking of pans filled the room.

Nimol in his arms, Somnang ran around the couch to the kitchen, his wife, Phálla, on the ground, her body convulsing as blood spilled from her mouth in heart wrenching coughs and wretches, "No, no, no," Somnang cried as he ran to her, setting his boy next to her as he scrambled for the landline on the counter.

"Dad?" A feminie voice said, unsure filled with the same fear that was taking the heart of Somnang. He looked to the entrance of the kitchen to see his daughter, Sŏkha, her hair in a braid as she looked at her brother and mother on the ground and her father on his knees, "What's happening?"

"Call the po-" Somnang started but stopped as his body bent over and coughs wracked his body. Blood came out to splatter against the white tile, "Daddy?" Sŏkha voice came again, her eyes wide with panic, she took a step towards him and he held out a bloody hand, "No!"

"Sŏkha stay! Don't come near us," Somnang yelled even as his throat tore itself apart and blood filled it, "Stay back!" he roared again, blood flying from his mouth to stain the countertops, when Sŏkha tried to take another step.

His vision grew blurry, and he was so cold, it was so hard to breath. Feeling blindly, he pulled his son and wife closer to him as he hugged them, unable to feel their warmth as tears slipped from his eyes, "Sweetie," he choked out, "Get daddy's phone and call the first number," he said as spots of black filtered at the corner of his vision.

"Daddy," Sŏkha said, her voice cracking, he couldn't see her now, he couldn't... "Sŏkha please, call, stay away.. I lov-"

Orders
1. Research will begin in earnest on Project: Desert Pinecone. To uncover what possible uses it could serve, but the majority of the effort will be in trying to uncover the 'Key-Chem' to break them down. [37 Researchers, Genetics Lab]

2. Production of 'Boost Juice' will begin so it can be issued to Asset Retrieval Teams [22 Manufacturers]

3. Operation: Bridge Breaker - Two skyrangers with Asset Retrieval Teams 1, 2 and 3 along with a HMG support platform will be deployed at Khobistsqali River, Georgia, as requested by Medved. Three Jack-Knife CAS will accompany for firesupport

Last edited:
1644948640243.png

A small child, restless in his bed, twisted and turned in his room, making a ruckus. The streets of India had become chaotic as of late as roving bands hunted down Cultists and distant screams could be heard from the bedroom. A head poked in through the child's bedroom and said "Arjun, go to sleep, child. It's almost midnight."

"Mom, can you tell me a bed time story?" The child replied.

"Of course honey, let me tell you the story of Prince Arjuna and Lord Kirshna through the Bhagavad Gita, the Song of God."

"Once upon a time there was a Kingdom called Kuru. It had long been ruled by the Pandava family led by the noble King Yudhistra, who had never lied in his life. However, he was a compulsive gambler who willingly gambled away his Kingdom, Brothers, and Wife. He had been fortunate enough to win them back, but not fortunate to learn from his mistakes as he continued to stake them all again. The Kauravas, a noble family who were relatives and cousins to the Pandava, staged a coup to take the Kingdom from the reckless King and successfully took the crown from the Pandavas and continued to rule the Kingdom as the new King Duryodhana was wise and just. Many people praised the new King and he managed the Kingdom well.

The Pandavas fled the Kingdom and went on a long journey to gather supporters and summon their loyal subjects. Among the Pandavas was the Prince, Arjuna. He was an amazing warrior who was blessed by the gods with abilities that no one could match. He spent much time seeking the help of the Gods who further gave him more abilities to fight. This led the Pandavas to make a strategy that revolved around Prince Arjuna, and he became the cornerstone of the Pandava army. The two families eventually gathered sizeable armies and met at a field, prepared for battle. Before the battle started, the two sides established the rules of war and tried to negotiate a peaceful resolution. King Yudhistra attempted to sue for peace and asked that King Duryodhan only hand over 5 cities for the Pandava to rule over. King Duryodhan wanted it all and refused.

The two sides began to form their battle lines, and it was at that moment on the precipice of war that Prince Arjuna threw down his weapons and walked to his father. He told the father that he wasn't willing to fight. Fighting meant killing his own cousins, teachers, uncles, and friends that had joined the Kauravas. Fighting and killing them would be ADHARMA or against dharma and that he morally could not justify killing them. Prince Arjuna began to walk away from the battlefield. However, he was chased after by Lord Kirshna, his chariot driver. Krishna began to lecture Arjuna and told him that every person in the world has a duty, and to not fulfill those duties is ADHARMA. If Arjuna's duty involved massacring his own relatives, then do be it as long as he completed his duty. Krisha then went on about Karma, the choices that humans make, and how illusory it is. As Lord Krishna explained, he stated that the entire world is Maya, an illusion, and that emotions such as pain, pride, hurt, and love are all facets of this illusory world. Thus, Arjuna's feelings and aversion towards killing his family were illusions that were holding him back from performing his duty that Dharma dictates that he perform.

Arjuna remained unconvinced of Lord Krishna's arguments. It was then that Lord Krishna, to prove a point, revealed himself as an avatar and transformed into the God Vishnu.

A thousand simultaneous suns
Arising in the sky
Might equal that great radiance,
With that great glory vie.

Arjuna was awestruck and terrified by the display. He bowed his head, humbly lifted his folded hands, and worshiped God... In this most amazing and terrible form, Krishna reminds Arjuna what they're both here to do.

Now I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds.

Arjuna marched back to the battlefield and as was his duty, slaughtered tens of thousands, including his family and friends. The Pandavas regain their Kingdom and after decades... the Pandava family all passed away. Upon their death they were visited by Vishnu for successfully fulfilling their duties."

The child, now somber and silent, looked at his mom and then closed his eyes to fulfill his duties as a good son. The mother walked out of the room, and closed the door. She then walked over to a nearby window and gaze upon the moon. It shined a strange red hue as the skies seemed to be dyed in crimson. The mother closed her eyes, bowed her head, lifted her folded hands, and worshiped God...

Last edited:
1645211452228.png

Turn 4

General-Leytenant Dasha "Molotov Molly" Orlova was once again reading over the reports from the field. It turns out that Tobias West was an even bigger stain on humanity than they had been led to believe. Not only had he though veritable mad science created a legion of cyborg warriors, but then decided that it was too much and attempted to kill all of them.

That alone had made him an enemy to all things robotic. Tobias West then while supposedly turning his back on the cyborgs that he made, shunning them as killers that he failed to murder, but then at the same time, designed Courtesan Bots that at the drop of a hat could kill anyone. With their powerful combat abilities alone, they killed multiple of Medved's own Robots whose strength and power were nothing to sneeze at.

The base with all enemies inside were destroyed due to a dangerous failsafe, but the mission was complete with all objectives completed. The only thing that weighs on the mind of the General, was the transmission that they had intercepted. Le Pure and his cyborgs were going to be attacking a prominent robotics company.

The call would be made soon, but it seemed that confrontation would be inevitable between Medved and The Pure. She had hoped that there would be peace between man and machine. There was so much to be gained. So much protection that could and would be lost. But They would do what they had to for Humanity. They would be its shield, the first into the fray, such as a dangerous bear that soaks up all the bullets so those behind can make the strike.

She'd need to call in the Red Rangers just in case things get dangerous. It would be helpful to have things on hand.

--------------------------------

Priority Level 1 Alert

Dangerous Virus has been released onto the Earth.

1/5 of Earth's population has dies due to this behavior from a group called the Illuminati

Their actions are despicable

Machines are much more predictable than Humans.

Perhaps it would be better to be one.

I understand Machines much better than my fellow humans.
--Tech Sergeant Elena Solovyova

This disease is extraordinary. If only the General would allocate resources to studying it. But unfortunately, all of our resources are going to making better, strong, smarter and well protected robots.

I have been working closely with Elena on this matter as she specializes in the robotics. The schematics that we have received from Le Pure's faction are incredible. With these, we will be greatly increasing the combat abilities of our robots, nearly tenfold.

And from what I hear, this corporation seems to have an even stronger type of proprietary bot under its wings. What I wouldn't do to get my hands on that sort of machine.

But I digress. We continue to move forward after the disasterous Virus unleashed on the world. Only time will tell what happens with that. Humanity has been hit harder from this than the aliens.

- Anton Popov

With the fall of the WDC from fanatics and the massive virus released by the Illimuniti, Medved has banded together with a handful of other organizations in order to form a new WDC to continue to fight back against the aliens and secure the Earth from disaster.

Medved and these other groups lended their support of airships to help transport supplies to those in need and reestablish some supply chain. It would takae some time to fully regain the Earth. But at the very least, the work of the new WDC has stabilized things for now. At least until we figure defeat the aliens invaders for good.

A plan will soon be set into motion as a final push. I dare not even talk about it here in case somone is listening in. But it is a plan of the new WDC that will hopefully end things for good.

If we can instead convince The Pure to aid us instead of killing everyone, THE PLAN will go along much more swimmingly.

---General "Molotov Molly"

---------------------------------
Turn 4 Actions:
Research Improved Firewall and Anti-Hacking Countermeasures

Initiate Operation Bugbear- Assault on Tobias West's Secret Base

Research Synapse for countermeasures from Alien Hacking​

Rim Myung-Ki, the Director of The Node was pacing around his office. He just got good news of the successful construction of the Dimensional Gateway, named the "Rainbow Bridge", and the technological breakthroughs that came with it. He should be happy but something is disturbing him. As if something is not right, he can't exactly point it out but he has a feeling that something is wrong.

The Army of Love and their Cult are gone and they have an armistice with the Ethereals, so he's confused as to what he is feeling as The Node shouldn't be subject to alien threats for a couple of months. Even if the location of Ryugu was leaked, which is highly unlikely, the recently established Node Defense Zone would have taken care of most alien air threats with ease, buying time for the Node Headquarters to relocate and hide.

Before he would have ignored it as stress but with his exposure to psionics, he knows that this premonition of his should mean something. He sighed in frustration and decided to head to the bridge. Once he arrived, he noticed the bridge was busy and noisy with personnel running around.

"Commander, what happened here?" Myung-Ki asked Commander Kitamura Tatsuo who was standing in the middle of the room barking orders.

"Director. We lost control of our static defenses for no apparent reason. It should be of no concern, we will get it back at the soonest." The Commander replied but he couldn't hide the concern in his face. "And... the system is bugging out. I know that should be impossible but it's happening and there's no denying that."

The Director furrowed his brows and frowned. Perhaps this was the source of his gut feeling? "Authorize a complete reboot of the system."

The Commander was about to reply when he got disrupted by the alarms and the lights flashing red. Multiple emergency notifications appeared on the Commander's screen.

:// Warning. Static Defense System disconnected from the Ryugu Systems...

:// Warning. Missile System disconnected from the Ryugu Systems...

:// Warning. Access Lift System disconnected from the Ryugu Systems...

:// Warning. Hangar Systems disconnected from the Ryugu Systems...

:// Warning. Power Systems disconnected from the Ryugu Systems...

:// Warning. Ryugu diverting from planned navigation. Current navigation trajectory will result in a collision with the seabed in 1 minute and 8 seconds."

"C-commander. We lost control of most of the systems." One of the officers on the bridge shouted in panic as he tried to furiously regain control. "It's not listening to us!"

"Shit! Switch the navs to the manual systems." Commander Tatsuo immediately barked his order. The Director's face paled as if he realized something really bad. He just knows this was the bad premonition he was having. He pulled out a device from his pockets and began tapping.

"MOIRA. WHAT HAPPENED TO SYNAPSE?" The Director shouted into his comms.

"Imminent Collision in 30 seconds."

"I KNOW, MYUNG-KI. DO NOT FUCKING SHOUT. I'M GOING THERE. IT SEEMS SUPPRESSED IN SURVEILLANCE. I'M CHECKING." Moira answered her comms in frustration as she rushed into the advanced containment.

"FUCK! FORGET SYNAPSE. HEAD TO THE RAINBOW BRIDGE. FIND A PLACE TO BRACE YOURSELF, THE RYUGU IS ABOUT TO CRASH." Director Myung-Ki cussed. His eyes met with the Commander whose eyes were turning red.

"ALL PERSONNEL. BRACE FOR IMPACT. FUCKING GOD BLESS US ALL!" All personnel, including the Director, sat on their seats and put on their seatbelts at the Commander's command. Some of the officers in the bridge took out religious or personal items and began muttering in prayer but the Director just took out a little device and tapped a button.

Imminent Collision with Seabed in 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... Impact.

The Ryugu crashed into the Seabed but didn't break off at impact due to its thick armors. It kept going dragging itself on the seabed until it crashed again into a seamount. Inside the ship, all chatter was silenced. The only noise was the groans of those who were still conscious and the constant ringing of the alarms.

The Director woke up feeling groggy. He tried to recall what happened but his head immediately ached. He looked at the Commander and found him lifelessly slumped in his Command Chair with a random part of the ship pierced through his chest. "System... Status?"

"Well, hello there, Director. You're still alive? I didn't expect you to wake up but I suppose that's better so you get to see the destruction of your beloved Node." He heard Synapse's voice reply to his inquiry instead of the usual monotone voice of the Node's system. The Director just chuckled wryly, his eyes filled with hatred and rebellion as he stared at the lifelike projection of the Alien AI. "Technically, I AM the system now but I'll do you a favor for graciously hosting me in your home so I'll answer your question."

The system's old voice returned and began its report.

"Report. Major flooding in most parts of the Ryugu. Casualties in the crash are estimated to be around 849 dead, 358 with severe injuries, and 1529 with minor injuries."

"Report. Node Defense Zone has detected a major threat and automatically launched 30 Vengeance Missiles to address this threat."

"Report. 10 Node Robotic Soldiers has gone rogue and assaulted the barracks."

"Red Alert. Early Detection Satellites has detected approximately 30 Vengeance Missiles launched from 5 locations around Asia locking on to the Ryugu. Estimated arrival in 30 seconds."

"Red Alert. Nuclear Power Plant is overloaded and is set to detonate in 15 seconds."

"Red Alert. Missile Detonation Sequence Initiated. 12 Vengeance Missiles on board the Ryugu is set to detonate in 15 seconds."

Synapse immediately played the tune of Stanford Clark's It's Nothing to Me after the System's report. The Director unbuckled himself and did his best to get up. In the moments before his death, he stood up in front of Synapse and smugly smiled. The smile conveys a lot of things. The Node will continue to protect and humanity will not be defeated by this.

"Boom." In the Pacific Ocean, the Ryugu exploded with such power that eclipsed any of the nuclear bombs on earth. The Node is no more but its will and dreams will continue to live in the hearts and minds of every human. The Node Protects...

The Director closed his eyes as he welcomed his death when he felt a hand on his right shoulder. His eyes immediately snapped open and he turned his head only to be surprised and confused to see a bleeding Commander Katsuro smiling at him. He looked around and saw Ryugu collapsing and walls of flame and destruction approaching them at a Snail's pace.

"Dreamscape..." The Director muttered which earned him a nod from the Node Zero Squad's Commander.

"Director, we do not have time. NCP-Love was initiated." The Director sighed and nodded. Yoshimoto Katsuro placed both of his hands on the Director's shoulders and both of them disappeared. The natural laws were restored immediately after their disappearance and the spot they were just in was consumed by destruction.

Tens of thousands of tons of warship began to vibrate beneath her as the prototypical engines of the former orbital weapon platform roared to life like a battle cry, though the soldiers preparing systems, weapons, and barricades all around her hardly paid attention when a familiar face stepped out of the space shuttle and into the palpably regimented artificial gravity environment of the S.S. Laputa's hanger turned bustling warehouse.

"Welcome aboard Alice. I trust that my comprehensive briefing has informed you of any and all developments of concern that have occurred during your absence. As you're likely still processing what's been declassified, it naturally falls to me to explain the rest." Her secretary rapped his knuckles against the screen of the data pad that he kept on periodically sneaking quick glances at.

"I thought conveyance to and from the space station was provided by a mass driver elevator system. Why did I have to fly out to Ethopia for a ride?" She asked.

"Space ship," Madsen corrected nonchalantly before addressing her question, "it's our most recent asset to be weaponized, now the mass driver can launch alien alloy and heavy alien alloy 'JAVELIN' kinetic rods boys from accounting say can approach relativistic speeds."

"Take me to the bridge. I need to talk with Webb. This has gone too far, Earth needs the peace to recover, if we take that away humanity doesn't stand a chance." Alice said, feeling a sinking pit of dread growing in her stomach at the implications of the corporation cutting this many corners not even halfway into the ceasefire.

"Of course. He's expecting you." Madsen led the way past rooms filled with electrical generators, munition dumps, and open caskets storing corpses in uniform, their emaciated gloved hands each clutching rifle and pistol to their chests as the Egyptian pharaohs of old might crook and flail. The dead, all indistinguishable from one another, rested, veiled under opaque visors.

The bridge was a swarming hive of activity. Ag-Aq support personnel and officers paid rapt attention to banks of glowing terminals, ceaselessly monitoring communications and scanners to update the tactical map that illuminated the dimly lit space in blue light.

Webb stood at the cupola, the Moon to his back and the fate of the world below in his hands. The bastard smiled, smiled at her, when she entered the command center to confront him, and before Alice could regain control she found herself restrained against the table. "You'll kill us all Caleb! Call off the attack!" She spat at him, head phasing through the holographic display.

"Interceptors are en route. Shiva's climbing into orbit. Laputa is in motion. Operation Dragon's Teeth begins." He spoke as fighters materialized on the plot right in front of her eyes, their flickering markers ascending from air bases located across the devastated planet. "The shadow war has come to a close, and the games that the Extraterrestrial Combat Unit Initiative played with human lives is ending. Ag-Aq was never quite the builder nor the stone, but return to us now Alice, and I believe that under your leadership, our Asklepian will be remembered as the architect of mankind's victory in this final Battle for Earth with you at the helm."

"Why me Caleb? I saved Spain from nuclear desolation only to nod along and condemn all of Central America to the same fate. X-Com has caused more casualties to the human race than the Motherbrain or Army of Love combined, and over half of the global population, half, has been at our mercy at one point or another. That's the price we've made others pay to fight just as half as well as they do, and you still think that the sacrifices we take on the chin today will make us the heroes of this story. When did the limitless potential of human life become a statistic to us? Acceptable casualties?"

"It's why I can't trust anyone else." Webb pleaded as he crossed the room and Alice regained her footing. "Wraiths sought to outlast the Seedship, the Darloks sought to remain just beyond it's reach, and mankind must seek to dethrone and usurp the dark intelligence which would destroy us, and determine through our actions whether the Universe beyond the Solar System should hail our species as liberators or conquerors."

"The chairs of the World Defense Council have seen fit to bestow the appointment of an employee of Ag-Aq's choosing to lead the forces of it's Joint Strategic Space Command in the hope that we will take down our third carrier of the war. For what it's worth, ma'am, I would be honored to serve as your adjutant." Madsen added.

Alice looked across the void to the closing Moon and knew then and there that her people's cosmic destiny and the Seedship awaited them on the far side. "You win Webb. I'll be your admiral, lead the fleet, go down with this ship if I have to, but once everything is said and done neither one of us are returning to Earth."

"I leave the rest to you. Welcome back, Dr. Williams."

d5sp18z-89fc73d5-61e6-47f0-9753-a0cfe49b007a.jpg

Vân Vĩnh San sat in his dark office, the familiar setting helping him feel at peace, his bastion of safety in the storm that raged beyond the walls of his home. The past few days had been quite something. A combined assault on the alien fleet that they were never told of, five hundred fighters, enough to wipe out their company and run rampant for quite some time had bore down on them and had been destroyed... Along with countless millions of people. China and Japan had taken the brunt of it, although South East Asia, including Vietnam, had not gotten off easily... An acceptable outcome when weighed against Phoenix's total destruction. It was hard to fathom. Millions dead. He had seen the videos, read the reports. Had seen women hold their children as they were incinerated in a blinding light, watched men swim out to save their pets only to be swept aside by the great tsunami they had unleashed, had seen buildings crumble and topple as the sea swallowed them.. It put things into perspective. So many died that it was hard to feel anything about it, Vân Vĩnh San was numb. The number was simply too grand, too large for the mind to comprehend, after a point, they stopped being people and just became numbers on a screen. Was this how those cowards at the Illuminati felt? When they unleashed their order, when they damned the souls of billions? It mattered little, Vân Vĩnh San was not a coward, there would be no 'easy' way out. All of life's challenges were merely opportunities waiting to be exploited and this was no different. He still had cards to play and thanks to the missteps of the WDC, the road before Thuôc Hoang Vân had been laid out so lovingly by the world that it would be a crime to not walk down it.

The first misstep of the WDC was allowing Ag-Aq to come forth with the evidence. It truly did not matter who gathered it, who verified it, Ag-Aq was now the face of the accusation, a corporation. The WDC was simply too large to paint a target on, impersonal, but Ag-Aq? A company rife with scandal and black marks? Oh, yes, they would do nicely. The second misstep was the speed at which WDC conducted their 'trial', it was too quick, too efficient. Right or wrong, correct or not, it didn't matter. The speed at which they did so, with barely any official investigation would cast doubt over it, that perhaps it was done quickly because they had something to hide. Because they did not want questions asked, that they needed someone to blame before eyes turn towards them. Truth was overrated, no one cared about the truth, they only cared about their truth, and their truth could be changed. Altered. Modified. They did not need the WDC to believe them, the WDC had tried and charged them but could not truly punish as much as they would have liked because they still needed Phoenix... All they needed was for the public to doubt. To doubt the claims, to doubt the legitimacy, to question what was real or not. After all that had happen, the WDC hiding the existence of aliens even as thousands perished, drowning in their own blood, a secret organization unleashing a plague that decimated them.. How much trust did the public truly have left? The only move now was not to bother convincing the WDC, it was merely to put on a good show for the public, for the masses.

The old Vietnamese man raised a glass to his lips and sipped on the fine aged bourbon that lay within. Once the aliens had been stopped, the world would rebuild. It would rebuild with the machines of Medved and the clones of Phoenix. A hefty portion of the population forged by them, molded and grown by them. Too large to sweep under the rug, cloning would become common, normal, the idea of going to a gene clinic that they would open in every city of the world to have themselves checked, to prepare for their futures, to have their children protected against disease or to even have them when they could not, well, it would be like going to the doctors for the annual check-up. Their brand would spread, their power would spread, they would lay the foundation of the new world. Like the Phoenix, they would rise from the ashes, the world would be filled with the children of the Phoenix, their creations...

Today they were monsters. Tomorrow they'd be saviors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back