• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Wyrmchilde || Accepting!

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream
Wyrmchilde
IC || OOC || CS
Long ago, the world was shaped by primordial beings born from the cosmos itself. Dragons. They shaped the planet known as Arkanna before crafting the beings that would inhabit it. Lucian, the embodiment of light and life, and Nox, dark and death, were pleased with the various mortal species but decided it was time for some of their own children to be born. Together they created five more in their image.

Delta, of water and wisdom.
Vis, of earth and welfare.
Zephyr, of wind and time.
Eshne, of fire and war.
And Adya, of energy and the soul.​

They lived and ruled over their creations, being worshiped and revered as gods. Centuries past, and as they soon saw how stable and wondrous the many peoples were flourishing, they receded into the background of history, being reduced to nothing more than myth and legend. Even as civilizations began to crumple and conquest, destruction, and greed tained their minds and hearts, they never appeared. They simply didn’t vanish, however. Instead, blended in with the common man. Living lives as an ordinary citizen, witnessing events with disdain. Nox forbid his children from taking action, knowing this would be the only way for them to learn.

His brother, however, wasn’t fond of this idea in the slightest. So instead of sitting idle, he stormed off, taking Adya with him and disappearing to plot on how he was going to have fun with the mortals Nox loved so much.

Another few centuries have past with Lucian and Adya nowhere to be found. Nox grows anxious, worrying at what his brother could be plotting. And so, he decided to take action himself, sending out to various individuals scattered around Arkanna. His distant grandchildren.

My Child,

I hope this letter will find you well, as there isn’t much time and much to be discussed. With the map that had been folded into this parchment, I wish that you come join me at my stronghold before the blood takes hold at an inopportune time.

Regards,

A Distant Relative
Information
Wyrmchilde is going to be a roleplay focusing on the distant grandchildren of Nox as his children (the other dragons) didn't sit idle while they were living among humans. This means the player characters will be what are known as wyrmchildren, or a wyrmchilde. A mortal with the potential to unlock an ancient power in their blood to take the shape and obtain a fraction of the power their great grand mother or father had.

TL; DR - Half dragons saving the world, you in?

This is going to be a moderately detailed roleplay of a slightly slower pace to account for longer post lengths and so on. Meaning I would like a post every other day at least with at least two-three paragraphs.

The world of Arkanna is medieval in time period, fantastic in genre. The worship of dragons is long outdated with many of the sapient races taking to worship of idols instead. The player characters dragon ancestor is extremely distant from them so it is likely they take dragons to be nothing more than a myth and are extremely surprised by this offer to meet Nox.

Please join this discord server to discuss the roleplay, characters, and chat before we get started if enough interest is gotten!

FAQ
Whats the player limit?
At this time I am not setting one, as it is possible we can split the "party" into two groups.
Is it one person per dragon ancestor?
Of course not! Feel free to connect your character to Delta, Vis, Zephyr, or Eshne. Characters connected to Nox, Lucian, and Adya are not allowed due to plot reasons.
What is the difference between the dragons?
The main thing is their element, as that is going to influence what your character's dragon form and magical abilities are going to be once their blood is activated. The second "half" of their power, such as wisdom, welfar, time, and war are not going to be touched on due to them being extremely powerful. At least not early game.
Do I have to play a wyrmchilde?
I'll make a decision once I get enough of them (one per dragon) I'll consider it. I'm more likely to accept say a sibling or relative of a wyrmchilde that tagged along the trip to the stronghold than a random guy that walked up.
Do our characters have to be human?
Nope! Human, elven, beastfolk, sirens, and anything else that is mortal is all welcome, as long as you pass it by me first.
Is my character's dragon form impacted by their race?
Slightly, yes. Be creative but not over the top with it!
How strong are Wyrm and Wyrmchildren?
No one has ever succeeded in killing a Wyrm, and Nox isn't even sure if its truly possible. Children, however, are just resilient. They can regenerate wounds extremely quickly, are resistant to disease, and so on. But they are extremely weak to copper. Simply begin near the metal is enough to cause side effects but having it create a wound makes it unable to be regenerated. When worn such as a cuff, it causes extreme weakness and makes the wyrmchilde unable to use magic or shapeshift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back