• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Wyrd, Witchy, and Wonderful Things!

Azerate

Cyptid Queen
Disclaimers:
  • I do not feel comfortable role playing with minors; I don't have anything against younger rpers, we all were there once, but sorry, I don't want to rp with people below or who are just now 18.
  • As a lesbian trans woman, I don't want no nonsense OOC or IC surrounding lgbt violence; I am perfectly fine with it when it pertains to backstory and development but I'd rather not have to explore those themes by writing them out directly, and you can imagine why. Also of course if your a chaser or phobic IRL, I don't care if you leave it "at the door" I don't want to interact with you.
    • I generally feel much more comfortable when my rp buds are also lgbt.

• I am willing and likely wanting to explore subjects that may involve horror aspects such as gore, violence, trauma (of varying sorts), death (etc), and generally don't want to shy away from the fact that in whatever rp setting we write in, that bad things happen, and that a part of development and characterization is how characters handle themselves and the situation when confronted with those horrifying elements. If you do not want to deal with those elements, I am by no means against toning down those themes and writing around certain descriptions, etc, if they are a subject that upsets or makes you uncomfortable. Talk to me about it!
    • Yes this includes settings that may typically be more bubbly/"immune" to really bad things happening; Pokemon is a perfect example. Yes, characters do 'die' but its very much written to not be too much for younger audiences, and understandably so. We don't have to play by those rules. We're adults, lets not shy way from consequences/hard choices! And no if you were worried this doesn't mean every death has to be horrible and brutal; Tact over gratuity.

• I do not want the goal or absolute focus of the rp to be on romance; Relationships between characters? Absolutely, love it. Can romance occur? Yes, but it is not the main attraction is it were, or rather it shouldn't be made to be such from the start. If you want to plan for a romance to happen between characters during the plot, I am all and well for it, but lets talk about that! We can agree on it later down the line of course if it turns out we find they have good chemistry and the story makes sense for it/its super fucking cute.
Sorry for the block of disclaimers! But I want to get those out of the way first and foremost, as I imagine they'd be the likeliest of problems I could imagine arising.

About Me/What I'm Looking For:

NOTICE: If you don't see something here you are really craving, wanting to rp, or something that just popped into your head, you are absolutely free and encouraged to DM me it! Nothing like bouncing ideas around to get the creative juices flowing.

I'm a 21 (22 on the 25th) YO rper of... Gosh, nine years now I think! Just as everyone else, I've changed a lot about what I like to rp and how I rp over the years! I've gone from everyones dreaded one liners to 3+ (Not every post has to be this length, quality>quantity) paragraph format for posts. If we wanna use the terminology, I'd assume I'm "literate/advanced" and want rp buds of that same general skill level! Mistakes are fine! They can hilarious to; I'm not gonna shame or gripe on you negatively if you make some writing mistakes or grammatical errors, but be cohesive/generally understandable! I am perfectly happy to double (but please discuss with me first since I've run into people with conflicting ideas on what they want from doubling/how they double). I will do everything in my power to reply at barest minimum within 24 hours of your post. After that you are encouraged to nag me (in a friendly way! :) ) and I'll likely nag you (also in a friendly/joshing way!) if you don't reply for a day or two. I hold no ill will for having to wait! Life should always come first, and you don't even always have to notify me; Sometimes that day just is NOT the day you wanna do much; Depression sucks, and everyone needs a break every now and then in this hell-fuck-world we live in. Ideally, we can become proper friends and chat about ourselves/our lives, get comfortable with one another, and enjoy OOC banter related and unrelated to our rps! Finally I am an absolute sucker for lgbt characters... It just makes me happy to see them done right/exist at all; You are also encouraged to gush and chat with me about favorite series, new stuff you've seen, fandoms, so on and so forth with me.

Now! Onto the setting/plot list!

NOTICE: I may not have a set plot or idea for a story we could follow for every setting; That's by design. I work best coming up with plots and stories for rp WITH my partners; Its' team effort! We can make something great together! Bounce ideas around with me, like I said before, it'll only help us in our rp! The more *** a fandom or thing has, the more I'm seeking it, but don't let that deter you! Finally; I am not against making these rps a 3 or 4 person ordeal, but of course I'm not against a 1 on 1 style of rp.

Fandoms/OC (Fantasy)

• Little Witch Academia (And Similar Settings)***: This is a personal craze.... Such a cute and wonderful show; I cried twice watching it, and that's only true for three other pieces of art I've ever experience in my life. That said, we absolutely do NOT have to stick to the canon; In fact its' so loose in its' canon/leaves so much up to exploration through headcanon/fanon, that I think it'd be wonderful to explore the setting more. I am fine to play both OC and Canon characters in this setting; Will almost only play a woman or non-binary character. We can keep the plot inside of Luna Nova, have it move around parts of the setting (including Luna Nova), head canon our own academy/coven of witches/warlocks, or step for the most part entirely away from the academy part of the setting.
  • Warhammer Fantasy**: Such a wild and fantastical setting; I take to this one with a lot of headcanon and adaptation given GW has made some... Questionable decisions in terms of their writing (don't even start with the end times silliness). If you want a romp through a crazy ass DND esque world with all the flair of grimdark comedy and grittiness, I'm all for it. Will play any form of character of any gender. The possibilities for adventures and plotting here is as wacky and adventurous as you want to get. OC only characters, but am fine to bring in named lore characters during story-beats/as part of plots.
  • Armello*: A lovely online and physical board game about a crumbling kingdom, corruption, and perseverance in the face of the world around you dying. I feel this setting has wonderful potential RP wise, and has a similar DND like adventurous appeal that Warhammer Fantasy does. Will play any gender! OC primarily, could be convinced on some canon characters!
  • Custom!: Hit me with your ideas! I'm all ears! If I'm not feeling it, don't take it personally! Sometimes I need to warm up to ideas/chew on it for a few days.

Fandoms/OC (Sci-Fi)

• VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action** (And similar cyberpunk settings/mixing the canon of Vallhalla with other settings): Such a beautiful narrative/visual novel... Hilarious and moving, honestly one of my all time favorite works of fiction/art/whatever. Will play any gender, like LWA, we can move it beyond the established bar setting the game primarily takes place in, this more adds a spice/flavor to typical cyberpunk that really makes me love it. I'm fine to play with/as OC and Canon characters.
  • SCP Foundation; Lobotomy Corporation: I do struggle a bit to think of how we might get a story going around such a setting, but they're certainly fandoms/settings I'm a big lover of! I'm certain more creative/differently creative writers like you can come up with a neat plot/story to explore for this!
  • Warhammer 40,000: Similar to the appeal of fantasy, but much more grimdark; For the sake of making the setting more fresh, we can very much tone down how absurdly grimdark it can get, I know I will want to do so to an extent already. Will only play OCs, but will play any gender.
  • Custom!

Fandoms/OC (Mixed) [Mixed represents themes of fantasy and scifi that make it hard to say these are one or the other; Primarily cosmic horror/weird settings]
  • Sunless Seas/Sunless Skies/Fallen London*: All technically in the same universe but at different times (to an extent) and with some different focuses. Would predominantly play a woman or non-binary character, and would basically have to be OC only given how cryptic the game is about its' named npcs.
  • Cultist Simulator*: Similar to the above, I'm just such a SUCKER for cosmic horror and eldritch elements in any story really. Predominantly would prefer to play women or non binary characters, same deal as the above.
  • Skullgirls: I don't know how to otherwise categorize this crazy and colorful setting! Down to play OCs' and Canons!
  • Custom!

WHAT I DON'T DO:
  • Harry Potter
  • Stereotypical werewolves/vampires
  • Stereotypical post apocalyptic/zombies
  • Naruto
  • One Piece (It's just too dense for me to begin)

NOTICE: If you have any other ideas, settings, etc you want to pitch, like I said, hit me with em! This however is the end of my listing, and want to thank you for showing interest! Dming me or responding to this thread are welcome!

Have a wonderfully weird day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back