• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Writing the Future (Rock band RP)

Characters
Here

PixieDust

Ten Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Kat’s grip on the strap of her backpack was unusually tight as her feet led her toward the practice room she had been given directions for. Why had she not declined the offer from a complete rando to audition for the band they were forming? What if there wasn’t even really an audition and this was just a tradition of prankiing the new kid? No, Riley had said there would be other people trying out for instruments, and Kat was pretty sure she had seen some kind of poster up on a notice board about it.

Kat rolled her bright blue eyes in exasperation at her own neuroticism and loosened her grip on the backpack strap.
Get a grip, Kat! She thought. Getting involved with stuff will be a good thing…and if it doesn’t work out, you can always beg for eternity to go back to Seattle after dying from humiliation.

Now she was at the door of the practice room, not knowing who else might be on the other side. Heck, not even knowing anyone at al! She pushed her purple bangs from her face, tucked a few loose strands behind her ear and turned the door to peek her head round.

She was relieved to spot the now vaguely familiar face of Riley. ‘Oh, uh, hi. Its me, Kat. The girl who you asked to audition with a song for your band?’ She said, trying to act confident. ‘Anyone else here yet? Hope I haven’t missed Anyone performing.’

withinasapphire withinasapphire Togy Togy Dawnstar Dawnstar KeroseneLollipop KeroseneLollipop IDKnuggets IDKnuggets

Riley paced back and forth in the practice room, unable to sit still as they waited for someone, anyone, to show up. They wanted for something to happen already - waiting was such a bore. Completely mind-numbingly boring!

Riley blew a few loose strands of white hair from their face as they stuffed their hands into the somewhat warm pockets of their varsity jacket. Should've brought my headphones, I guess..at least it would be something to do. Just as they considered running down the hallway purely for the sake of shaking this boredom out of their body, they heard the door handle turn. Turning their head, they spotted a familiar face standing in the doorway.

Just as this girl got her last word out, Riley darted over to her like their life depended on it, a grin spreading across their face and their green eyes practically glimmering. "You're the first!" They answered with lots of enthusiasm. "It's totally dead around here so don't worry about missing anything, nobody's been by in like...hours." An exaggeration, but that's what it felt like.

They then took their hands out of their pockets and put them together as if in prayer. "Now hurry and do your thing! The band's life depends on it!"

"How long were you waiting for me to show up-"

"-it is vandalism, Rahat, and one day I won't be around to go easy on you-"

"-I mean, were you just waiting behind the bleachers for half an hour or-"

"-and then you'll be neck-deep in trouble with no way out-"

"-did you do this daily until I actually showed-"

"-I won't tell the principal-"

"-dunno why you don't, I abuse your mercy without remorse-"

"-but I expect you in detention for the next three weeks-"

"-sorry Sal, booked, I've got detention Alan-"

"-call him Mr. Porter, Rahat-"

"-and it's RC, Sal-"

"-will you stop talking over me!?" Coach Mahoney, a heavyset Blackman in shorts and a school tee, shouted in exasperation. "Do you have any idea how difficult it is to talk to you? Imagine a very spiteful four-year-old that won't let you finish a sentence without seeing you put your blood, sweat, and tears into struggling to talk over them. That's you, Rahat, that's you" the Coach seethed, dragging Rahat by the arm down the hall. RC was, literally, caught red-handed, both of his palms stained with wet red spray paint, with a number of other colors staining his least favorite white T-shirt, which was already splattered with paint stains everywhere from earlier 'projects'.

Long story short: RC goes to express his artistic creativity on the floor of the gym after school, Coach Mahoney pops out from where he was hiding behind the bleachers, and now he was getting hauled out of the school.

"Four-year-olds write their name on the walls sometimes Sal, it happens. It's a fact of life my man" RC said easily, not resisting the coach's pull towards the school entrance.

Groaning in frustration, Coach Mahoney grumbled to himself. "You were so well behaved three years ago! Why are you like th-"

"Hold up"

"You keep interrupting-!"

"No, really Sal, hold up" RC said, resisting the Coach's pull as he squinted at a bulletin board next to him. "Band auditions? We do that now?" he asked, genuine curiosity and intrigue in his voice.

Coach Mahoney, knowing that whatever interested RC was never anything good, had a strong look of concern. "It's just a group of students meeting up. Why-?"

"Cool. I'm gonna check it out" RC said, slipping from the man's grasp easily and taking off for the practice room listed. The coach, despite his weight, watched up to him in a surprisingly little amount of time. "C'mon Sal!" RC groaned as back to being dragged, "You always said you wanted me to channel my 'whatever' into something 'non-destructive' or some dumb bullsh-".

"Language!" Coach Mahoney ground out.

"Sorry, sorry. Look, gimme twenty minutes. In and out, one and done deal, see if like what I see" RC spat off like a spitfire, dragging his heels on the ground. Coach was tempted, slightly, so RC immediately resorted to begging. "Please?".

Reluctant, Coach let him go. "I have to go clean up your mess before anyone notices, so I am putting an immeasurable amount of trust in you not to go off and vandalize something else. Break your word, I'm telling the principal, see how he likes your art piece, alright?".

Giving the man a quick hug, RC shot down the hall. "Thanks Sal! Same time next week?".

"God, no."

Last edited:

4baeff36a1d08b10c9a16d3747c848eb.jpg

Vincent Theodore Beckett

Running as fast as he could down the hallway, Vincent Beckett was barely managing to stay ahead of his friend Lucas Kane. Their other friend Franklin Price on the other hand trailed much further behind the two. “Get back here you dopey giant!” Lucas shouted, earning strange looks from other students. Behind them, Franklin sighed and placed a hand over his face in embarrassment.

“Come on Luke, put that track time to use!” Vincent shouted back with a wild laugh. His friend might have stood a chance at catching him, but Lucas was almost a full foot shorter than he was. The shorter boy was only able to keep up with his long-legged friend thanks to countless hours of practice for track and field. Vincent was running away from his friend of almost a year thanks to a dare from a classmate named Devon West. This was also the reason Lucas’ face was covered in enough frosting to cover a dozen cupcakes.

Today was Devon’s birthday and his mother had sent him to school with a cake she had baked the night before. By the time the final bell rang to dismiss them, three slices of cake remained. These leftover slices had all been smushed against Lucas' face, leaving him looking almost like a birthday clown. Now, he wanted to get back at Vincent for that. So, down the hall they ran as Vincent tried his best not to end up like his friend.

As he turned the next corner, Vincent ran right into another student. He winced as they were knocked to the ground and their guitar case clattered to the ground. The person he had sent flying to the floor was a girl he recognized from his math class, her name was either Allison or Alena. “Crap, sorry about tha-" he was interrupted as Lucas finally caught up and slapped him across the back of the head with a huge glob of cake.

“Take that!” the other boy shouted in triumph before noticing the situation. “Whoa, this big dumbass knock you over Amber?” Luke asked, leaning down to help her up. Amber, that was her name. Well, Vincent had been close enough. He leaned down to pick Amber’s guitar for her when he spotted something else lying on the ground. A flyer that had information on tryouts for some band, tryouts that were happening at that very moment.

He stood, lifting the fortunately hard shelled guitar case off the ground and handing it to Amber. “Hey Amber,” she looked up at him, “mind if I keep this flyer?” The ginger girl simply nodded, still surprised he was actually speaking to her. “Thanks!” Vincent exclaimed with a wide grin, oblivious to the flustered look on the girl's face. “Maybe we'll get to play together some time!” he shouted back to his blushing classmate as he ran off to get his things, already forgetting all about the frosting that covered the back of his head and the two friends he was ditching.

After grabbing his bass, but still neglecting to wash the vanilla goop out of his hair, he sprinted straight to the place listed on the flyer. Stepping inside, there were only three people there so far. The first person he saw as he entered was somebody he vaguely recognized from around school named something like Ridley or Rylan. Next, he noticed Amber who looked like she had just barely beat him there herself.

The final person to catch his eye was also the one he was the most curious about. He had seen her earlier that day, the new girl in his english class. He couldn't for the life of him remember what her name was, but if he was being honest that was a frequent problem for him. Had it been Caitlyn, or maybe Katherine? Whatever it was, it looked like she was first up to audition and he was excited to hear what she had to offer.

Last edited:
Skipping, was Addie Arcane really skipping down the hall on his way to the locker room. The truth is the Junior was in fact acting like a child. "Addie, come on dude calm down," Azar shouted up to him, hardly keeping up. His friends honestly didn't understand where Addie got this energy from. In his eyes he was on a mission: getting to Lacrosse Practice on time. Addie rounded the corner to the Locker Room hall when he noticed from out of the corner of his eye Azar was no longer trailing him. Addie's brain switched to curious mode causing him to peak his head around the corner. Azar was further back seemingly reading a poster of some sort. "What ar-?" Addie tried to get out before he got cut off.

"Addie come take a look at this," Azar shouted back to him. Addie had no idea what caught his friend's attention but he was curious as to what it was. "Hm...?" questioned Addie as he slowed to stop. His friend didn't say anything, instead, he just allowed Addie to set his eyes upon what caught his attention. It took Addie a few seconds to realize why this caught Azar's eye. "You know if you would have slowed down you would have seen this... you're welcome. Now go!" Azar remarked. "Oh hush," Addie replied with his normal sassiness. Having heard the word go Addie took off at a sprint. "I will cover for you at practice," Azar shouted before Addie disappeared around a corner. It was a common occurrence for his friends having to shout after him just to get a message to him. Addie already had his guitar in hand since today he was supposed to hold guitar lessons after practice, but looks like plans have changed.

He could imagine his parent's reaction when they heard about this 'Noah Seren Arcane if you continue down this path you are going to end up in hell.' All he did in return for this thought was smirk. Oh, how he couldn't wait to see the look on their faces. As Addie came closer and closer to his new destination he slowed his pace into a speed walk. Addie stepped inside looking more eager than he had ever been in his life. The first thing he was met with was the faces of others here for what he guessed was to be the same reason as him. He immediately recognized everyone here however not all by name. There was Vincent who he believed was a senior. Then there was a girl he only recognized by nothing but her face otherwise he was clueless as to what her name was or her year. He recognized Riley relatively well for their trouble-making around the school. But the flash of purple hair seen nearly right out of his vision was what had his head-turning. The new Sophmore was here? Interesting Addie thought. He was honestly curious to see what she was going to do. If one thing was for it was a rare thing to see a Highschool Girl interested in joining a band or ever auditioning. Addie honestly believed her being here was an awesome thing.

Alex' was in a panic - He was already late getting out of class, betwe
reed-deming-55ccb605-ab06-4259-8fe3-0c7844e2d8ad.png
en the stupid pop quiz and his stupid chemistry textbooks. Yet Alex' misfortune did not end there as after he made it to his locker, stashed his things and grabbed his rollerblades and helmet out for when the audition was over, suddenly he felt the feeling of the lockers steel door punch him in the face. Alex was in a daze for a moment as he tried to get his baring's as he looked over and saw it had ben Ed who'd aggressively side checked him into his own locker.

Ed had always been a jerk every since elementary but since Alex' came out he switched from being a simple jerk to a full on a-hole. Respectfully treating Alex' like he did pretty much any other boy smaller than him in the grade, aggressively and without thought.There wasn't much Alex could do though Ed was like the textbook definition of a jock, he was meatheaded, tall and strong - probably outweighing Alex 3:1.
Alex tried to ignore him and press on, he was running late, so booked it down the hall to the practice room.

"Sorry Riley, Ed was being a douche again stalking my locker-" The small sophomore boy had slipped into the room like a bullet confidently calling out to his friend and immediately going quiet once he realised other people were already here. He was dressed in his white-jeans, black sneakers with white soles, black-t, and silver necklace.
Alex froze up before silently he lowered his head and just tries to slink his way across the room, power walking to the drums and putting his black/white skates, backpack and the extra fliers down besides them. He kinda recognised a few people here he thought though he didn't know most their names. That must be the girl Riley text'd about earlier, some of them look like junior or maybe seniors? Wait isn't that Addie? He blinked not used to seeing him outside the skatepark. "..Since when did he go to my school!?" He questioned to himself, a look of clear confusion and mild embarrassment across his face.

Sheepishly he kept a distance back, he thought Riley might try and get him to speak but with people here now he really didn't want to. Now this idea was real and it was kinda scary. His deep-blue eyes darting around the room at anxiously at everybody.

Last edited:
KAT SUMMERS

9d7c7c7403f57d5f90daccdafc2465f0.jpgKat blinked several times, almost losing her balance as Riley rushed over to her with excitement in their eyes. Kat very nearly lost her balance what with the weight of her backpack. Great, she was the first one there, just what she needed. She should have felt more nervous than she did, but somehow Riley's exuberance put her at ease and she found herself beaming back at them.
'Thanks, I'll just check the mic first before-'

She had been about to finish her sentence when a new presence caught her attention: a nervous looking ginger girl who she had seen in one of her classes that morning. She had a guitar case on her back and looked more flustered than was probably reasonable. She shot her a small smile and raised her hand in greeting, before heading over to the mic. As she took a breath to start a sudden thought occurred her. Looking a little embarrassed to ask, Kat turned back to the red haired girl.
'I''m sorry, do you mind if I borrow your guitar?' She was relieved when the girl obliged.

It was then that even more people seemed to pile in out of nowhere like it was the TARDIS or something, all of them guys. The first one practically zoomed in with a bass guitar and...was that icing on the back of his head? She wondered if he knew already. The next guy had jet black hair and had a look of enthusiasm so bright that it was sort of infectious. The last boy was very short, shorter than her and dressed in monochrome. He had been pretty exuberant until he realised how full of people the room was.

'Uh, hi everyone,' she said into the mic, barely a mumble as she strummed out a chord to check the guitar was in tune. 'My name's Kat and I'm gonna sing a cover of Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden...so uh, yeah. Hope it's not too lame.' She chuckled awkwardly, running a hand through her purple locks before beginning to pick the lead riff for the song.

It was as she began to sing that all her nerves melted away and her imagination took her somewhere else. Somewhere filled with people, blaring with stage lights and the sound of audience members singing along. She let herself go completely, let her body sway along with the rhythm of the guitar and belted out the high notes like a soaring eagle. All her practice hadn't been in vain as far as she was concerned, and she even felt confident enough up their to catch the eyes of everyone present briefly with a playful glint in her eyes.

Soon she finished and stepped down from the mic. 'Thanks,' she said simply before handing over the guitar to the ginger girl, 'And thanks for letting me borrow your guitar. Gorgeous sound.' With that she took a seat, feeling a little bashful now. She hoped it wasn't an awful performance, even if it wasn't going to be enough to secure her a spot in the band.

Vincent Theodore Beckett

A few more people showed up shortly after Vincent had, but not anyone he knew well. It seemed that the first to take the stage would be the new girl, who borrowed Amber's guitar to accompany her voice. The red-headed girl was happy to oblige, wishing the other good luck as she handed the guitar over. Noticing Vincent, Amber seemed to have a quick debate in her head before deciding to approach him.

“Hey Amber, glad to see you again” he told her with a bright smile. “I can’t wait to hear how the new girl sings, this is all so exciting isn’t it?” Amber nodded in agreement, still too nervous to speak with her much taller classmate. Before she could manage to work up the nerve to say something back, the purple-haired girl on the stage spoke.

Vincent was excited at her choice in song, and he found the somewhat awkward way she introduced herself kind of charming. But when she began to sing, that’s when he became completely enraptured. It felt like he couldn’t tear his eyes away, she was a siren who's voice drew the attention of everyone in the room. It wasn’t so much like she demanded their attention, but like she already knew she would have it. She pulled their eyes to her like metal to a magnet, in a way so natural that it felt anything but.

When Vincent's eyes met hers, he could see the passion in them. A thousand car rides with his mother, countless summer days spent fumbling with chords until he got them right, and long rides on his bike after school. Before he knew it the song was over, but the feelings she had brought to the surface remained. She was going to be in this band, and Vincent would do anything to be a part of it too.

Her song sung, the girl with the purple hair came over to return the guitar to a stunned Amber. “wow,” Vincent muttered under his breath before speaking up with a bright grin, “you were amazing up there, Plum!”

Last edited:
Like they had spoken some sort of magic word, it seemed like other people besides the girl kept coming into the practice room. Riley was slightly taken aback by the sight. They hadn't expected much to come of this whole audition thing, it felt more like an elaborate joke that they themselves couldn't stop running with than anything. But, well..more people must like the idea of being in a band than they had originally assumed.

Their eyes looked over all the faces, their mind trying to piece together where they might have seen some of them before, when suddenly a familiar voice reached their ears. Alex. They processed what it was he said and a flicker of irritation surfaced onto their face -- eyes narrowed, brows furrowing, voice sounding more like the start of a warning -- "What?" They started, but they didn't say it that loud, it sounded more akin to if they were whispering during class, so who knows if anyone heard.

They watched how Alex froze up suddenly and made his way over to the drums. He was keeping his distance. Looking over the faces in the room again, their face shaped itself into one that was grinning once more and they crossed their arms, glancing over at Kat as she started to do her thing. Later, then.

Listening to Kat, it became clear to them that this girl probably outranked all of them, in terms of singing anyway. They feel their anger that had starting grabbing onto them previously begin to loosen it's grip as they watch her performance. Taking notice of that playful glint in her eyes, their grin grows in size and this time it feels a lot more genuine. When she's finished, Riley casually made their way over to her. "I think the band would gain like..10 more years of life if you were in it." Their eyes regarded the others with a challenging, spirited look. "Unless someone else wanted to give singing a go? Maybe our years of life would go up more. Or down. What do I know?" Like their grin was just everlasting, they are clearly having fun genuinely.

Addie was in the middle of gently setting his cased guitar down when a recognizable voice barely just registered with him. Occupied with something else at that very moment Addie paid no time of day to the the tinge of curiosity to figure out who the voice was coming from. Once he had completed the quick task the voice came front and center to his mind. Then boom with a chemical reaction sparking between his thought process and memory he matched the voice to the person. Alex’… Addie concluded which led to him to swiveling his head like a bobble head to find the kid.

When his eyes locked onto Alex’, Addie quickly noticed the kid he met and hung out with at the skate park had an entirely different demeanor now. He was for sure more shy and distanced, almost secluded like. “What the utter living Hades?” Addie muttered, confused. “You’re telling me the kid isn’t a middle schooler.” He continued in his muttering session, but shushed himself when the new Sophmore girl… Kat started speaking.

Addie listened to her attentively unaware he was fidgeting with the ring on his finger. Then she began singing and Addie dropped anything he had been previously doing. Her voice was an explosion of vibrant colors. He had never heard such a voice on anyone… it was unique to her. The voice showed no signs of being forced meaning it was all natural. Addie hadn’t even realized the trance he was in till it was over. He noticed Riley walk up to her and listened up to what Riley had to say. Addie spoke up “Wow that was truly amazing! However I can’t sing like that but I can play guitar.” Addie said with a simple shrug.

After a few second of consideration Addie picked up his guitar case “My time to shine losers.” Addie stated sassily. The next thing he knew he was strutting onto the stage shamelessly. “Alrighty like I said I play guitar so heh yeah. Anyway with that out of the way I am Addie and I will be playing Hotel California by the Eagles. However I am only doing the guitar solo seeing as the whole song is seven minutes long. Plus let’s keep it on the down low but the solo is the best part in my personal opinion.” Addie explained, picking up the groove pretty quickly.

He pulled his guitar out of it’s case and plugged it into an amp, turning it down so he didn’t burst peoples eardrums. Addie made sure the guitar was tuned correctly to start and did a tester strum to make sure everything was good. Once everything was checked off he went right for it no hesitation in sight. Immediately he was on that adrenaline high he felt whenever he played. Time slowed sufficiently. Every worry or issue he previously had faded into nothing. The notes, his finger technique, and strumming was the only thing apparent to him. He hadn’t even realized he was grinning and smiling every time he hit a part correctly. His energy was something else on its on, he played like guitar was his life and he was destined to be a great guitarist.

Then it was over with the last strum that ended the solo portion. With that he smirked widely. Addie had no joke just owned the state like the sassy energetic diva he was without even meaning to. Addie froze generally surprised at what he had just managed to pull off.

Alex had to practically force himself to not just hide behind the guitar kit, his gut already starting to turn itself into knots just thinking about this. He wanted to curse Riley here for putting him up to this, but he couldn't, he made the posters and went along with the idea - just in no reality did he think that like even this many people would actually show interest.

Yet as if bewitched by the music Alex' eyes were drawn to the purple haired girl Kat, her every word enchanting and distracting him from his own thoughts. She had ben all nervous as well walking up there and now, now she just rocked it. As she caught Alex's eyes he couldn't help but nervously but genuinely smile a bit.
Alex nodded and mentally agreed with every word of Riley's though he couldn't bring himself to muster any words his throat just an empty void despite their being things be wanted to say. Alex wanted her in the band as well, his eyes brimming with excitement as well as his anxiety, though after a killer opening performance like that he now worried he might be the weakest player here.

Those fears were only amplified as Addie pushed themselves up onto stage. He was confident, strutting his way up there plugging in his electric guitar, cracking a joke and going to town up there. Alex again just stood amazed, tightly clutching his drumsticks as he watched the solo performance, and the raw energy that he was exuding like they were at an actual concert.

Alex was sure of it if both of them became part of the band, there would be a real chance of it going great. He just knew it!
As the performance came to an end Alex just had this dreaming smile plastered across his face, and without realising it he began to clap a little applauding the concert he felt he just watched instinctually. Yet as soon as he realised what he was doing and caught the eyes of the others, anxiety quickly snapped Alex back to his shy reality, and he stopped tensing up again. Desperately he looked around afterward. His eyes first falling to to Riley as if for help, but then to the one other student yet to play who still looked enamoured by Kat's performance, wondering and somewhat hoping he'd step up next. No way Alex wanted to try and follow the last two up!

Last edited:
KAT SUMMERS

9d7c7c7403f57d5f90daccdafc2465f0.jpgFar from the confidence she had felt whilst at the mic, Kat felt like curling into a ball at the sudden barrage of compliments she was receiving. She offered a modest smile over to Riley, with a little shrug. 'Thanks, I guess, but I think that's a little too much credit for me. Musicians have huge egos so I've heard,' she quipped.

She then turned to the bass player who had also complimented her and called her Plum. 'Plum?' she gave him a quizzical look before letting out a small laugh in realisation. 'Oh...the hair, right?' It took her a moment to decide whether to tell the guy he had frosting in his hair. In the end she thought the kindest course of action was probably to point it out as subtly as she could.
'Speaking of hair...you kind of have a little frosting on the back of your head. Just like, a little bit, you know?' She really hoped he didn't think she was trying to patronise him, but if it was her, she would definitely want to be told.

With that she turned her attention back to the room at large as the black haired kid, Addie made his bold joke and strutted onto the stage. A guitarist, with a great song choice at that. As soon as he began to pluck the first notes of his solo, it was as though the atmosphere became electrified. Every note was played with precision and clarity and most importantly: soul. She was quite caught up in the moment listening to the scales and runs, even reflexively creating melodies to go alongside them in her mind and when it was over she found herself beaming encouragingly at the guitarist and almost joined the drummer in clapping for him, until it appeared the drummer boy realised what he had done and swiftly halted his applause, looking embarrassed.

'Hey wow, that was super rad!' she complimented sincerely as Addie went back to sit down. From the looks of it, these auditions were gonna be more impressive than she had expected; probably more than anyone expected. Kat was eager to hear who was next and by now any tension and awkwardness she had been feeling had begun to seep from her entirely. She was far more at ease than she had been at the start. It was sort of like actually being at a concert.

Vincent Theodore Beckett

Vincent grinned at the girl he had given the name Plum. She seemed confused at first, but it didn’t take her long to realize why he had called her that. Then it was his turn to be taken by surprise when she pointed out the cake that still clung to the back of his head. He wasn’t sure how, but he had totally forgotten about that. “Oh, right! My friend put that there because… well, let’s just say I deserved it" a small chuckle escaped him as he thought back on it. “I was in such a rush when I saw that flyer, I totally forgot about it”

As he spoke with Kat, the next person to audition took the stage. He was certainly confident, hopefully he had the skills to match. After taking a moment to ensure everything was dialed in right, the boy began to play the solo from Hotel California.

He was good, Vincent had to admit that his skill actually did match his confidence. He could feel the energy coming off of him, like the whole room had become electrified and he couldn’t help but bounce with the rhythm. When the solo came to an end, even the guitarist himself seemed to be in awe of the way he played. A short boy began to clap, and Plum looked ready to join in until he abruptly stopped. Vincent didn’t though, picking up the applause where the boy had left off.

Wondering who would be next, Vincent scanned the room. It didn’t seem like there was any particular line or order in which they were expected to preform. Finally his eyes landed on Amber, and he gave her a small nudge. When her eyes met his, he gestured towards the stage with a tilt of the head.

Understanding, Amber nodded and quickly took the stage. She felt a little anxious, but she was also excited to perform. She wanted everyone to look at her the way they had Kat and Addie. After a quick moment to set up, she stood before the microphone. “Um, hi everyone" she gave a small unsure wave before continuing, “my name is Amber and I play the guitar. I mean, I guess you can already tell that but…”

She trailed off into an awkward moment of silence, unsure what else to say. “Anyway, uh, I’m going to play Unchained by Van Halen so…”

With that, she decided to stop speaking and begin to play. Vincent had never heard Amber play before, but she was good. He could tell she was still nervous, though. Everyone else so far had melted into the music, but Amber seemed to float on the surface. She was like a ship at sea, sailing the ocean smoothly but just one storm away from capsizing. Fortunately, she managed to make it to port. As the song came to a close, Vincent gave her a thumbs up and a grin. Amber grinned back, face tinged slightly pink from all of the attention.

As she left the stage, Vincent made his way up to the microphone. “Great job Amber, and everyone else so far!” he called out, grabbing his Bass as he spoke. “California Boy, you were electric up here!” the bassist continued to speak as he dialed in the amp.

Plugging his Bass in and giving it a quick tuning, he hopped back to his feet and looked out over the crowd. “And Plum, you were inspiring! I couldn’t look away! I’m super excited to play for you all, and to show you three the passion I could feel in each one of you as you played!”

With his speech finished, Vincent gave his bass one more strum and then began to play. The song he had chosen was one if his favorites by far; More Love, by Victor Wooten. As he played, he looked over the small crowd of people in the room. A smile directed at Kat, a wild grin when his eyes passed over Addie a few moments later. He felt a connection with each of them, he had heard their music and now this was his reply. A conversation through song, that's what music meant to Vincent. It was a string that connected him to each and every person who heard him play.

When his song came to an end he gave each of the people in the room one last look, then walked off the stage with a smile.

Last edited:
This Kat girl was quite different from Stage Kat, they noticed. Their grin disappeared into a smaller smile. "Surely you can give yourself a little credit. Knowing what you can do is how people progress and stuff." They bet their sister could have worded something like that better, but that's all that had come to their mind. Watching as the girl turned to talk to someone else, Riley let their attention roam elsewhere and before they knew it, they found themselves focusing on Alex again. Silently watching him for a second, they felt a small pang of guilt -- he was probably nervous, they'd bet. Or maybe more than nervous. They drummed their fingers against their jeans and wondered how they'd gotten themselves into this, were they not thinking? They didn't plan on making Alex feel like that, they just..thought this would be funny.

Suddenly their mind opened up a whole sea of thoughts that they did not want or need, but still waves of them crashed without hesitation. He's gonna hate me, I shouldn't have done this, what was I thinking, what if he lea--

They felt all thoughts come to a halt when they heard some sassy voice. They focused back on reality for a moment and stared as a guy strutted onto the stage. He sure seemed to be having fun up there, if his face was anything to go by. He was grinning as much as Riley often did. Their eyes moved up towards the ceiling in thought. Right..I guess I'm deep in this anyway. Might as well ride it out and see what happens. Plus Alex made the posters and everything so it's not like he could totally curse them for this. They'd just share the curse with him.

When that guy Addie was done, they noticed that Alex started clapping. He even had this goofy looking smile on. Riley raised a brow in response and smiled, but then they noticed how he started looking around all crazy-like, and his eyes landed on Riley. They didn't even get to form a response, since he then looked at that guy who..seemed to have frosting on his head?

Seems Frost's friend was up next, since there really wasn't an order as far as Riley knew. Riley kind of sort of listened to her performance, she wasn't that bad they supposed. Still..they couldn't put their finger on it, but something was missing in it. As Frost talked into the microphone, Riley looked over everyone in the room. Who hasn't gone? Kat went, and then so did their surprise guests, so that leaves..

Their eyes landed on Alex again. The words Frost was saying was in the back of their mind as they made their way over to Alex and his drums. They flicked him gently on the shoulder in greeting, practically grinning from ear to ear. "Hey, you okay with going up next?" They asked in a quiet voice so as to not disrupt Frost's performance. "I mean, I guess I could go if you don't wanna. I don't care, whatever you want. I just was thinking, y'know..you could show 'em something cool." They shoved their hands into their pockets again. It's toasty in there. "Since I know you're just as good as all of them. Or maybe you're better." They let their eyes wander to the floor as they pause. "Uh, haha..that's..just what I thought."

The clapping was what actually managed to pull Addie out of his frozen state due to his shock. That was the first time he had ever played that solo part so perfectly in the first try. Then the applause died off with an obvious awkwardness in the air before someone else picked it up. Addie only gave a polite smile before unplugging his guitar and making his way off stage. There Kat complimented him which roused a “Thank You! You did awesome as well!” before he headed back to place his guitar in it’s case.

Addie ended up joining the others on the side stage as the girl that he only recognized by face was heading up there what seemed pretty nervously. She went through the same introduction as everyone else had. Addie was intrigued even further when he noticed she was playing guitar. When Amber began Addie could tell she was holding back her potential because of her nervousness. Addie could tell she could soar but instead she was falling. Her energy and facial expressions just weren’t there. Amber was playing so wonderfully though it was a shame she just couldn’t get her wings spread to begin soaring.

Then before he knew it the song was over. Addie wanted to be as supportive as possible so he waited for her to come back before saying “You played wonderfully!” He knew guitarist to guitarist he should help her out especially since he was a guitar instructor but he just didn’t have the heart to do so.

Next up was Vincent. Addie was for sure curious as too what Vincent would be auditioning for. Vincent had started with complementing all the people who had gone before. Addie gave her another polite smile. He didn’t want to seem rude but at the same time he felt cocky for the attention that came from his audition. He never introduced himself but most people her probably knew his name already and it was obvious he was playing bass. With all the pre-playing stuff checked of Vincent went right for it.

Addie was once again pulled into the music. He could tell Vincent had a certain purpose with this but Addie couldn’t put his finger on it until he saw his eyes glance over the room and his demeanor towards Kat and him. Addie immediately understood what was going on. “A conversation through music…” Addie muttered. Vincent was a true musician. Anyone who understood music and didn’t just play music because they could would understand that music is a conversation. Addie smirked, he knew that Vincent was a true bassist and that if anyone was to skip over him they would be missing something great with that one choice. Same goes for Kat the three definitely felt that talented, unique connection to music.

Once Vincent was done and headed back to the rest of them Addie decided to compliment him “Nice job out there!” before turning his head back to the stage. Addie had been leaning against a section of wall backstage this entire time. He saw Riley conversing with Alex who still seemed shy as could be. His mind went to wondering if Alex was going to play next. He believed he had heard Alex mention drums before at the skate park and Addie didn’t doubt that he played drums, but now Addie wasn’t so sure. He just seemed to anxious however Addie had strange feeling he would start playing and everything would melt into the background. He had never heard Alex play but he had faith in him.

Alex watched and listened as the auditions continued, each performance building anxiety further in him instead of helping to relief his stage fright. The girl who went up played really well, she defiantly knew how to play, she seemed really nervous as well though looking all rigid and tense up there like a kid's first time on the halfpipe freezing up and risking falling over trying to drop in... Frost guy meanwhile had him gripping his drumstick harder with anxeity - Alex could feel the music, the energy and the passion.
This guy was serious about this it...

Alex half jumped out of his skin when he was first poked by Riley though he quickly became relieved having him there besides him. He bit his lip a little, and tried to clear his head as Riley proposed the next bit as he slowly nodded and put a hand to his mouth, up on tiptoes he whispered his reply back to his friend.
"...I-I dunno if im like even half as good as some these guys.... but.. Okay no, its fine. Like I can go next." He still looked terrified but he wasn't gonna give up here, even if he was too shy and nervous to speak to everyone he did want to try this. He took in a deep breath and shook himself a little trying to get the nerves out. "I'll try and give them a show?" He whispered one more bit with a smile on his face to his friend before waiting for the frost's performance to fully finished.

Once the song came to its end Alex went behind the drum kit and got himself ready, awkwardly fumbling with the stools height given this was the rooms shared kit, it was always too high. Nervously his hands fumbled a little doing so, but after a minute he sat down down on the drum kit giving everyone another nervous glance.
*Deep breath* He didn't have the courage to introduce himself so the music would have to do so for him.

Alex closed his eyes and counted down, tapping foot on the ground: one two, one two, one two three, four.
Then he began to play the first song that came to mind, a favourite, something that described how he felt right now. [Numb - Linken Park] Quickly his hands went to monition with a swift pound on the front two drums and his foot began to bounce with a kick on the pedal bellow. Alex's eyes were still closed for the moment, listening to the music within him, letting the song guide him. Nothing else here mattered, he wanted to ace this and he wanted the world to hear this.

Within moments the timid boy who seconds again struggled to look anybody in the eye without recoiling, just began to play with a passionate flurry as if he had converted all of anxiety into raw energy. The cymbals and drums were struck like a harmonious storm, each of his limbs like wiping wind carrying the thunderous energy yet further all united in beat and purpose. As the verses began Alex opened up his lungs and sang along as well, each word washing away any remaining anxiety he had and filling the room far beyond his small size. Alex became just lost to the the world - focused entirely on the music and not about the eyes on him. His voice soft yet powerful and while it wasn't a perfect fit for the song, not was he as experienced with it he made it sound great all the while drumming. His performance didn't falter a beat keeping time perfectly as he went. Alex just had the biggest smile on his face during this, with each strike he made on the drums projecting the same storm-like energy from start to the finish and the boy even throwing in a flair at the highest points of the chorus spinning the drumstick around his fingers showing off before striking down on the cymbals.

🎶"I'm tired of being what you want me to be..." 🎶His voice faded as he reached the last lyrics, his hands and feet striking there last few notes as the musical storm faded calm and then silent. Alex's heart was still beating with adrenaline from playing and that rush, that joy of getting to perform was kept him from immediately just tensing back, instead breaking out into a childish laugh of excitement as he looked around for everyone's reactions. Alex was breathing a little harder, catching his breath from just belting out the song and playing like that but he had a proud smile just plastered across his face.

Last edited:
KAT SUMMERS

9d7c7c7403f57d5f90daccdafc2465f0.jpgKat appreciated Riley's encouraging words in response to her self-deprecating humour. She knew she ought to just own the fact that she was a talented singer but it wasn't exactly easy to do.

It was silent for a long moment whilst it was wordlessly decided who would go next. Kat offered up an encouraging smile to the red haired girl as she made her way up with guitar in hand. She could tell that she was nervous and it wasn't as if Kat couldn't relate. Playing music in front of others, even if it wasn't an original song was like baring your soul to the audience.

Amber began to play Unchained and although all the notes were there, Kat sensed a definite stiffness to the playing. It wasn't as if she was the best player herself, but she wasn't auditioning for guitar. She knew that with more time and practice in front of other people Amber could soon be great, but for now, it wasn't really enough to top Addie in her opinion.

She turned to her with an encouraging smile once she had sat back down. 'You were really good!'

Next it seemed was Frosting Guy who. His entire demeanour as he made his way up there was one of carefree optimism. She had to admire that he didn't care that his hair was covered in frosting too, and that he managed to make it look cool. She blushed and stared down at her hands when he complimented her singing again (although he still called her Plum to her dismay), before looking up as soon as he began playing.

It was transporting. His bass playing had an almost magical whimsy about it and she could practically feel the joy in the room. She tapped her feet along to the rhythm and offered a small smile in return when he caught her eye and smiled at her. It was clear that this guy knew what music was about. A conversation and transformation in minds and hearts. That was cool.

'Hey, great job,' she said with a smile as he made his way back to sit down. Next it seemed was the quiet, small boy. A drummer, wow. She couldn't say she had expected it. He seemed so incredibly fraught with nerves that she almost didn't think he would actually play. But as soon as he did, it was as though his entire demeanour changed into that of a fearless warrior going into battle. She found herself unable to stop watching as he played and twirled the drumsticks. This kid was a bonafide rockstar with great charisma.

She clapped excitedly when he was done. She had always been partial to stellar drumming. 'That was incredible!'

A sudden new presence jolted her and she turned to see who had arrived. A tall, well-built guy, probably a junior or senior strode in as though he hadn't turned up super late and let his gaze pass over everyone present. She cringed a little when he got to her and he could see the trace of an amused smirk. 'Yo I'm here,' he announced.

Anyone who wasn't Kat, would know this particular guy as Jensen Carter, a junior with a huge ego who usually liked to tell grand tales. He had a guitar on his back and he strode right up to the mic and began setting up.
'The name's Jay. Didn't really need to practice much. Had this song down since the sixth grade, y'know. Black Hole Sun.'

Kat rose an eyebrow at his song choice....which was her song choice. Apparently he was auditioning for lead guitar and lead singer. Well, she supposed she ought not judge him prematurely by his attitude. It was not a playful cockiness like Addie's, and though she didn't want to assume, she had a fairly good inkling that his talent was not gonna make up for his arrogance.

His playing was honestly average. It was obvious to anyone with ears that the guy coasted when it came to practicing his craft, and frankly, he was no Chris Cornell in the vocals department either. If it was a beauty contest however, he might have had a chance.

Once he finished playing he shot her a flirtatious wink which annoyed her even more. She clapped politely but said nothing.

'Good luck everyone,' Jensen said casually as he took a seat right beside her and lounged with his feet up on another empty seat. He leaned over to her with a smirk and said, 'They're gonna need it, right? Pretty good, huh. Been playing for years. Who's the lucky dude you're here to support?'

Kat fought not to roll her eyes and contain her irritation. 'Myself, actually. Pretty good, huh?' With that she left him to his puzzled expression and tried to ignore him, hoping whoever was next would show up quickly.

With his acoustic guitar strapped snugly on his back, RC walked towards the practice room with all the confidence of a professional musician. Performance anxiety? Never heard of her. He was going to walk in there and play his heart out, he couldn't care less if he impressed anybody. It'd just be a nice bonus was all.

The practice room was just down the hall at this point, and the music quietly drifting from the door sounded disappointingly...average. Oh, well. Everyone had to start somewhere, right? Who was he to judge? nevermind the fact they'd already started, RC would just be fashionably late, like he is to everything.

With that, RC kicked open the door to the practice room with a vibrant "Buenos Dias, bitches!". Having stolen and donned the Spanish teacher's Sombrero and the shop class teacher's sunglasses, RC looked like he just got off spring break. His white shirt, covered in bright splotches of wet and dry spray paint alike clashed with his completely serious, deadpan expression.

He found it a little funny, really. It was far from one of his worst first impressions, assuming half the people here didn't recognize him as that one guy parents warn their kids to stay away from.

He remembered, fondly, when the D.A.R.E. teacher got mixed up once and told a class of freshmen to "say no when Rahat offers you drugs". He didn't deal, but he was flattered all the same.

He couldn't help but notice the general look of disdain aimed towards one member of the group. What was their name? He swears he's heard it before. The guy pestered him all the time in his Junior year.

"Ladies, gentlemen..." RC stopped, squinting at Jensen in contemplation, before saying, in uncertainty and a little disdain "Josh?". Shrugging, RC brushed off the topic of his name and waltzed into the group. Spotting whipped cream on the head of the only person in the group he recognized, RC reached down and scooped out the frosting without a second of hesitation before shooting Vincent a finger gun like he'd just done him a solid.

"Look, I came here to shred it" RC said, walking around the group. "I don't know how you guys can play, but I did hear one of you go off" RC said, giving a tooth-achingly sweet smile to Jensen.

"And to give you all the benefit of the doubt, I won't associate your skill with his" RC says, gesturing towards Jensen. A look of false pity overcame him immediately afterward, and he stepped closer to Jensen.

"Don't beat yourself up over it though. You've got a long future of EAS alerts ahead of you" RC said, ruffling Jensen's hair. With the hand coated in frosting. He lathered it into the kid's scalp like shampoo before giving them a pat on the shoulder, wiping away the rest of the frosting on his hand on their shirt.

He almost felt bad.

Sitting himself down at a table, he kicked his feet up onto the desk and leaned his chair dangerously back so it stood on two legs.

"Right, so, I'll be playing..." RC said, cutting off into a murmur as he produced a journal from his jean pocket and thumbed through it quickly. Rolling his eyes, he tossed the book across the room and brought his guitar to rest on his chest. "Eh, you can guess it".

Immediately, he started strumming. The beginning notes were simple and short-nothing impressive. The sounds were rather quiet and it was too early into the cover to tell what song it was, but quickly enough he switched to a more intermediate playing, strumming just slightly louder and faster.

He developed a rhythm, louder and faster than before, as he revved up. The song became more complex as it went, jumping between and sticking to different rhythms and pitches as it constantly progressed. The skill level increased ever so slightly as it went, becoming fully recognizable as the theme to the western classic The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. RC had gotten the feel of it quickly, strumming faster and faster as the song reached its climax. As he reached it, RC, in a split-second decision, decided to derail the song for the last few seconds. Faster, louder, using palm stamping for bass drums and stamping on the strings for snare.

And, with a little flourish, the song ended. Gently setting the guitar down against the desk, RC met the group's gaze.

"So" RC drawled, leaning back. "Who's next?"

Last edited:
Vincent Theodore Beckett

Vincent couldn’t help the dumb little grin that spread across his face when he received compliments from Addie and Kat, or California Boy and Plum as he had called them. He didn’t receive compliments often, so when he did it always had quite the effect on him.

Following his own performance was the short anxious boy. Vincent watched intently; this was the make or break moment. Would the kid fall victim to his own anxiousness as Amber unfortunately had, or would he transform the way Kat had.

It seemed it would be the latter when, as he began playing, an entirely new person seemed to come to the surface. The kid had never even introduced himself. But he didn’t have to; his music was all the introduction he needed. The energy, the passion, he put everything inside of him into his music.

Then, the drummer began to sing. He was no Plum, but still he managed to transform his small voice into the roar of a lion. It flooded the room like a typhoon, overpowering any outside sound. Then it faded away, rolling both in and out with no warning just like a real storm.

Vincent joined Kat in a round of applause for the young musician onstage. He was impressed by the energy the small boy contained inside his meek outer shell.

“The name's Jay"

Oh God no, anyone but him. Jensen Carter had come to the auditions, possibly the most obnoxious person in the entire school. He strode to the stage with all the confidence of a spoiled toddler, as though he knew he was going to get whatever he wanted just because he wanted it. It reminded Vincent of all the rich twats back home, and it sickened him.

When he began to play Black Hole Sun, Vincent couldn’t help but cringe and shoot Kat a look that screamed ‘kill me'. Her performance had been enchanting, full of passion and charm. His was as empty as his swelled head. There was no conversation in his song, nothing to convey and no string connecting him to his audience.

His finish was worst of all, as he shot Plum a disgusting ‘you know you want me’ wink that made Vincent want to lose his lunch and plopped into the seat beside her. Pretty good,, huh. Been playing for years. Who's the lucky dude you're here to support?”

Oh man, this kid was so dead. He swiped a big glob of frosting off the back of his still caked head and readied to lob it at the creep, when suddenly a familiar face came bursting in the door.

RC, Vincent's favorite delinquent and fellow regular in the detention hall. He couldn’t help but snicker at the way he marched in, looking like a crazy man in his paint-splotched white shirt and stolen accessories. The older student strode the rest of the way into the room and right to Vincent, scooping the rest of the icing out of his black hair and shooting him a finger gun before continuing on his way.

The senior came to a stop just before Jensen, shooting him an almost deceptively sweet smile before proceeding to tear him apart. This barrage of insults was punctuated by smearing the frosting deep into the obnoxious boy’s hair before marching up to the stage.

RC had beat Vincent to the punch, but that wasn’t going to stop him from being a part of the fun. He let the glob of frosting left in his hand fly, nailing the already coated junior in the chest. Rather, right in what Vincent recognized as an extremely expensive shirt from the designer brand of his father's good friend Mr. Smith. That wouldn’t come out easy. Good.

With that taken care of, the bassist turned his attention to the performance in progress. RC had started easy and short, slowly working his way up to a crescendo. Vincent easily recognized the tune as it came together, the classic theme to The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

His mother had lived old westerns, they were her favorite thing to watch. He vaguely recalled one late night when he was four years old, crawling into his parents bed after having a nightmare. A horrible storm raged outside, strong enough that their power had been knocked out and they had needed to set up their backup generator. An old John Wayne film sat in the CD player, long since finished. The menu song played over and over, burning itself into his young mind as he lay there. He thought he would never forget how it went. Funny how easy it was, forgetting things you thought would be in your mind forever.

When he finally snapped out of his reverie, Rahat had finished playing. He stared out over the assembled students, every bit as smug as when he had entered the room. Who's next indeed.

Riley was very tempted to make a small joke about Alex's height when they watched as he had to get on his tiptoes just to whisper up to them. They decided to hold back on it though, and instead gave a smile. "I know you will." They responded.

They hadn't expected Alex to give an introduction, which was fine. They would have been more surprised if he had. They were only waiting for the show he could put on, one that other people could see too. Leaning against a wall, they crossed their arms, watching.

When they registered the sounds from the drums, Riley couldn't say they were surprised. They were aware Alex could play the drums. What they were more surprised by was the singing. He couldn't introduce himself but somehow he can sing in front of these people? They imagined that introducing yourself would be a lot easier. But oh well, they still listened all the same. It was hard not to. It was a mesmerizing sound, the kind that could shake you in some kind of way.

When his performance came to an end, and they heard him laugh, they couldn't help but to laugh a bit themselves. "You were amazing!" They beamed, joining Kat in clapping. Drumming like that deserved some kind of applause.

But, the moment quickly came to an abrupt ruin. Riley felt as if they could sense him before they could hear him. They turned their head, eyes briefly passing over Jensen when he spoke, annoyance arising on their face at the sound. They don't trust him, and never really had. Usually they would keep their distance, but there wasn't really anywhere for them to go here to keep away. Riley shifted in discomfort, not quite enjoying being stuck in a room with a guy like him.

It only got worse when he got the bright idea to audition. As if Riley would ever let him be in. It didn't matter if he was the greatest guitarist in the world, he wasn't going to be apart of any of this. Riley wouldn't be able to function if they had to be trapped practicing with Jensen for the rest of the band's days. Just being around him made them feel so...bad.

Black Hole Sun...oh, Kat did that one earlier. They glanced over at Kat. Seems she's noticed that they had the same choice in song. Well, they doubted that he could match up to what Kat showed them earlier.

They knew that they would be correct in their own judgement, but it felt nice for it to be proven. Riley was certain they had a look of disgust on when this guy decided to wink at Kat. That was just..gross. They kept a careful watch as he took a seat beside her of all places. His words were just as gross. But Kat seems to be able to handle herself..Still, they took a few steps in her direction, just in case he decides to be an even bigger weirdo. Riley could do something. They don't know what, but they'd figure it out in the moment.

Riley didn't know what Alex had put on those posters, but they weren't even surprised at this point when some other guy decided to show up wearing a sombrero, sunglasses, and paint all over a nice white shirt. It took them a few seconds, but Riley came to a realization that this must be RC. They've heard things, mostly from their sister, none of them being good. Riley's never even talked to this guy before, but they felt like they had a general idea of what kind of person he was, assuming all the talk is true. They observed him for an instant, deciding it might just be for the best to let this play out. It wasn't like they had any control over this audition anyways. There were more people than they had expected, and it wasn't like they were talking to the ones who surrounded their desk and smiled and laughed at the things they would say (not like Riley knows why).

Riley listened to RC talk, raising a brow in sudden amusement. Oh, so it's going to be like that then. They could get behind this.

They felt like they were on the edge of their imaginary seat as they watched as RC lathered frosting in Jensen's hair. This was..amazing. They almost couldn't believe it. This wasn't a dream, right? This guy..he really did that. Huh.

That amazed sort of wonder only increased when RC started playing. He was..certainly something. Riley couldn't believe someone like this wanted to be in a band like this?? That's just..why??

When RC spoke again, Riley blinked, finally feeling like they were brought back to reality. Who's next..well, it's now down to them, isn't it.

They'd feel a bit more at ease with this if Jensen was just..gone. Far, far away from them. They would rather not have any dumb comments from him ruin this whole thing. Their sure that by just standing in front of him, there's bound to be at least a few buzzing around in his head, because people always have something to say. And people like him never know when to stop. Even so, they have to say something. "Uh," They do their best to appear nonchalant. "Guess that would be me."

They spot the keyboard sitting over across the room and they head over to it, trying to focus on breathing. They shouldn't feel so worried. Everyone's seemed like alright people so far, and Alex is here, so what if there's one bad apple? ..Well, they suppose the fact that there is one bad apple would be the problem. But people like him suck, and it's not like he'll pass the audition anyways. So why worry..?

They took a seat on the bench and rested their fingers above the keys with that idea in mind. They shouldn't let a guy like him get to them like this, especially when it comes to the keyboard. Their mind is just running too fast with scenarios that most likely won't happen. Right..all that matters now is doing something that could easily outshine anything that Jensen had to offer.

Looking more excitable all of a sudden, Riley lightly swung their legs back and forth, eyes moving over everyone in the group. "So, my name's Riley. Don't know if some of you knew that or not already, but you do now! Annnd..." They move their eyes upwards in thought. "Hm..guess I'll play High Hopes by Pink Floyd."

With that being said, they let themselves relax as they closed their eyes for a second, before reopening them with a newer, serious expression donning their face. And they started to play.

The beginning was pretty melancholy, and they supposed that was fitting. Their fingers moved along the keys, the sound shifting every so often as they got farther into the song. Their body seemed to almost move with the keyboard, and as they continue it seems that this only increases as they get more into it. They are lost now in their own sound, not seeming to give anyone else in the room much thought. Their focus now lays with the keyboard and their performance. That was probably obvious to anyone who could see their movements, which exuded some kind of experience. It was like they became a different person when they played, and they left behind their own jokester self for the time being.

When they were finally done, and their playing winded down, Riley looked up from their keys. It felt like they had stepped out from an entirely different world. A smile soon crawls onto their face. "Guess that's it then, huh?"

Addie's thoughts were confirmed when he saw Alex heading over to the drum kit. He seemed way too tense to get very far with this but Addie was not the type of musicians to judge someone before hearing them play. The kid didn't even introduce himself but that was beside the point because the moment Addie picked up Numb by Linken Park through the kids drumming and singing it was clear to Addie the music was his introduction. He seemingly melted into the music. It was obvious whatever tense nervousness that filled Alex was completely gone with the first strikes he made. The little dude just fell entirely in sync with his playing. He was even signing which if Addie had felt like his nervousness was going to cause his playing to falter then he for sure didn't expect the singing. When the song came to a close it was noticeable he didn't recoil back to the ball of anxiety had been. Alex was smiling and laughing as anyone should having that much fun playing. "Great Performance," Addie complimented. He hadn't even realized he was applauding with the others until it stopped abruptly and the only clapping left was coming from him.

Addie hadn't realized what caused this abrupt falter in the clapping until he turned and saw Jensen Carter. "Aww, no gross," He stated aloud purposefully. Addie didn't hate many people but when it came to Jensen, Addie could not stand his preppy rich ass. He already knew Jensen was not the true meaning of a guitarist and vocalist. He was some mommas boy with daddy's money who clearly has been treated like a pretty, pretty Princess his entire life. "What a pain in the ass," Addie mumbled. He watched sighing once or twice as he let his ego take over. When Addie heard the song he was going to play he glanced over at Kat. Apparently, Jensen decided to pick the same song as the new girl.

Having known Jay for enough time to make someone want to pepper spray the creep in the eyes, Addie knew his playing was not going to make up for whatever the hell he was. When the song finished Addie knew it. He just wasn't at the skill level his ego boasted him to be. Seeing the wink and hearing his comment towards Kat was enough to make him gag but he stopped short when someone barged in. It just so happened to be the coolest Senior in this hell hole, RC. You would have to be completely idiotic to not know he wasn't the best Senior. Addie saw that he was wearing a Sombrero, Sunglasses, and a white shirt with paint splotches arranged all over it. From what he had seen of RC around the school, he was in the least to say not one little bit caught off guard.

It was immediate from the moment he had identified Jensen he was going to screw with the kid. All Addie did was smirk watching RC's next moves curiously from the shadows of the stage. Addie felt mean for stifling a laugh from RC's words towards Jensen though he wasn't sure why since Jensen deserved every bit of this. Addie wasn't sure what was planning to be done with the frosting but the moment RC rubbed it through his hair, Addie had to stop breathing for a second to compose the laughter that wanted to just burst out. After all that he noticed RC heading up to the stage but his attention was brought back to Jensen and this time it was Vincent taking a shot at him. Again with the frosting but this time at his prissy rich boy shirt. This time Addie couldn't hold it in and started snickering, but when he heard the first strum of RC's guitar Addies brain went to audience mode and he brought his attention to the seniors playing.

He was for sure confident but didn't hold the toxic confidence that Jensen had. He was definitely skilled on that acoustic. Addie noticed the increasing complexity in the song but without a doubt, RC would pull through falter free. Had Addie's suspicions been correct? Hell yeah. The song wasn't his favorite, he only needed two words with that one... his parents. The dude has some serious talent since even through his playing he managed to add percussion all while strumming on same guitar. That wasn't even the end of it because the moment he had finished, RC casually asked who was next right after playing like that. "Is he human?" Addie asked, genuinely. He looked around at the others with a look that said it all 'You guys heard that right?' Well, that was the perfect way to send Addie's brain into overdrive.

For a moment there Addie zoned out until he heard someone speak. When he looked up, Addie noticed that Riley was up next so like he had done to all the others he tuned in and remained respectfully attentive. Addie hadn't heard of the song they were playing but hearing it for the first time from Riley's playing was a great introduction to the sing. He would have to look into the original latter but hearing it for the first time through keyboard was amazing. There was a sense of realistic professionalism in their movements which from what he had seen of Riley was unusual. They for sure knew what they were doing. Watching them move with their music was oddly satisfying. From what Addie figured sitting at a keyboard focusing on getting your fingers to hit the right key wasn't very allowing for energy but even with that factor Riley still persevered and managed to do it to the best they were could while still playing greatly. When it ended Addie applauded them and gave Riley a "Nice Playing!" complement filled with his genuine energy.

He hadn't even realized that Riley was the last of the audition till they mentioned it but his mind quickly went somewhere else... Jensen. "Aye Jensen, sweetie what is your pretty, pretty Princess creep ass still doing here? You should probably go clean that frosting off. Though I am going to need you to wait for a second." Addie said walking over to Jensen. "Alright, pretty boy." He cooed to appease Jensen's ego. "Stand there and look pretty." The fake kind tone popping in that one. Before Jensen could even comprehend with his small brain Addie had pulled out his phone and snapped a pic. "Thank's Jensen. My sibling asked me to find a style to create for the model who is a lot like you with that same shitty ego in order to make that said model look like a fool. Looks like you fit the criteria. God Miro is gonna love this one." Addie explained, smirking once he finished.

He casually put his phone back in his pocket with a look of satisfaction written all over his face. He then walked up to a bit of frosting that conveniently found its way to the floor and put his vans right into it before looking down at Jensen's. "What wonderful shoes you have. They remind me a fresh canvas." Addie spoke mischievously before having his shoe hover of Jensens and pressed down. "Aww, shit dude I am sorry my impulsive brain told me to do it. At least they were better than they originally were." Addie said with a shrug before taking his shoe off and wiping it on Jensen's other. "Maybe next time you think about going after those that are smaller than you cause everyone has a breaking point and you never know when they are going to strike back," Addie stated with a distant coldness that was not associated generally with Addie. He for sure held back getting physical with every fiber of his being. Instead of sticking around to be looked at like a maniac, Addie walked back into the shadows.

Alex' was initially just this smiling and slightly embarrassed mess after his performance, the others all showing him with their praise. Yet as much as part of him recoiled from the spotlight he was happy with it to and spent a few moments defiantly basking in it. He did pass a look towards Riley in particular smiling a bit with a look that almost just read a cocky "So I put on a show!" with the biggest proudest grin.
With this as the others clapped and cheered he blinked a little realising he still hadn't introduced himself and spoke up a bit while he was still able, though his voice was already starting to tinge with his nerves and hesitation again as he did so. "Oh and urm- my name is Alex' and urm-"

Alex' didn't' get any further in introducing himself as another student with all the confidence in the world came boisterously walking in like he owned the room, and immediately began to set a sour note on the mood. The strong personality accelerating the small sophomore boy degradation back into his shell, as you could almost just watch his smile and confidence crumble away to a new layer of nerves as he stared at and watched Jensen.

Alex didn't know him but watching for just a few moments, he just seemed like a douche and a jerk - And not one that could play very well either. He recalled better performances from a few students back in middleschool! And he copied Kat's song, not cool!

Quickly Jensen was upstaged as another new candidate walked in loud, confident and with a sombrero(?), again a guitarist who just seemed to effortlessly and figuratively destroyed him via words and... Frosting? Alex' despite having retreated to his shell still couldn't prevent a quiet giggle watching this though it was awkwardly stifled.
This new student who didn't introduce himself either did just own it here though, 'shredding it' like he said he would with a flourish-filled show of skill. It was good, like really good - There was no bad or the ugly here, just the good! Alex' wanted to reply and say something but at this point his mouth had been sealed again and despite being able to fill the room before could barely produce a squeak now.

To be honest the performance was largely overshadowed by the group performance against Jensen - watching as his hair, his clothes and his shoes all getting slathered and beaten aback. The arrogant jerk getting shut down by a collective assault from the others, something that couldn't help but make Alex' smile still.

Riley also stepped up and performed, with a piece by Pink Floyd. Alex' was excited to hear him play, and was as supportive as his muted-self could be giving him a thumbs up before he started playing. It was kinda weird seeing him soo serious on the stage tho', it didn't seem like Riley so much playing but someone very different up there as his hands danced across the keyboard. He had no doubt Riley would be good here and he did not disappoint - When he finished Alex' despite being so meek still living a big smile and a small clap to his friend as walked over to his friend who looked almost in daze snapping out of the song.
With his friend still sat down Alex' lightly whispered to him, glad he didn't have to get on tiptoes infront of everyone again.
"Yeah like I think that's it. -and I urm, think like I know who I think I want to join?" He told his friend before pulling his phone out of his phone to show Riley with a list of everybodies "names" written there with a thumbs up or thumbs down emoji besides them premade as the shy performer took notes throughout the whole thing. Kat (S+G) 👍, Frost (G) 👍, Addie (G) 👍, Spanish western guitar dude? (G) 👍, meanwhile at the bottom Amber (G) 👎, 'Jensen Jerk' (S+G) 👎👎 👎 and any other candidates also getting a thumbs down.
Alex' had made up his mind but well it was also Riley's decision too maybe he had different ideas?

Last edited:
KAT SUMMERS

3DA783F5-ED84-4722-948A-DECB24E45B00.jpegIt seemed Kat’s wish for the next audition to show up was granted quicker than expected. In a shot her attention and everyone else’s was drawn to the entrance where a guy in a paint splotched white shirt, sunglasses and a sombrero had barged in with a greeting of: ‘Buenas dias, bitches,’

Well that was definitely some entrance. He carried himself with the air of someone who was not there to impress, someone who was only there because he felt like it in the moment. She continued to watch as he made his way over to where she and Jensen were sat. A small grin appeared on her face as she watched Sombrero rip into Jay’s performance and the look of absolute outrage on his face as Sombrero took a glob of frosting from Frosting Guy’s hair and lathered it like shampoo into his.

Um, wow. Bold move. It seemed that boldness had encouraged Frosting to take his turn too, lobbing some at Jay’s expensive looking shirt and narrowly missing her. Jay shot her a glare as she freely laughed at his expense and shrugged non-commitally.

Now it was time to listen to the ridiculously confident Sombrero guy as he lounged in his seat with his guitar propped against his chest and lazily announced that they could all guess what he was playing with enviable indifference.

At first the tune was unrecognisable and started off slow. Gradually it became apparent that he was playing The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly with amazing skill and style. This guy was an incredibly proficient player. She knew enough of them to recognise it in his timing, picking style and….was that a percussion pattern too? That definitely took a lot more work than he was making it look like. By the end he simply asked who was next in the most nonchalant way before exiting the makeshift stage. Who next indeed? Even Jensen looked stunned, but Kat wasn’t sure whether that was because of his ruined clothing or not. He looked as though he was about to leave, but Riley had gotten to the stage and this seemed to keep him tethered to his seat, much to Kat’s annoyance.

Riley’s change in demeanour as they began to play was instant. From jovial joker to serious musician in a flash, and a skilled keys player at that, clearly dedicated to their craft. Kat could hardly believe the level of talent she had seen today.

It appeared Riley’s was the last performance. Kat made sure to reinforce to everyone around them how well they had done, with the exception of Jensen of course, whom Addie had just snapped a picture of and ruined his crisp white shoes with resid frosting.

Jensen’s hands balled into fists for a moment as his gaze flicked between Frosting, Sombrero and Addie, as though weighing up his options.
Screw this shitty band deal. I don’t want to be playing with a bunch of posers anyway. You’ll just pick Purple Rain over there cause she’s a chick. You don’t even care about the music, any of you.’ With that predictable spiel, Jensen stormed out with his guitar.

Kat felt tension leave her that she didn’t even know she was holding and she let out another laugh. ‘What a freakin’ bozo, man!’ She said, mostly to herself as she got up from her seat, wondering whether they would find out who was in. It’s as though he had never heard of Joan Jett, Stevie Nicks, Blondie or any number of other women in rock music. Then again, he didn’t seem like he had more than two brain cells.

Vincent Theodore Beckett

The final person to take the stage was also the one who held the auditions, Riley. They trudged up to the keyboard slowly, looking deep in thought. Something was eating them up inside as they sat, fingers hover above the keys. But then in the blink of an eye they were better, legs kicking freely as they scanned the group.

They were ready to play. As their fingers began to dance across the keys, their body followed close behind. They sunk more and more into the music as though sinking into quicksand. More than anyone else, Riley was somebody who could really become one with their music. When they finished playing, it was as though they had just returned from a long trip.

His attention was drawn away from the keyboard player by California Boy's outburst. Looks like it was his turn to confront Jensen, grinding a frosting covered shoe into the obnoxious boy’s expensive sneakers as he told him off. It was nice to see him getting what he deserved all around.

“God, he's like a four year old throwing a tantrum” Vincent observed aloud as Jensen stormed out of the room, whining as if he were a child missing their pacifier. As if they would choose Kat just because she was a girl, she had more talent in her pinky finger than he had in his entire body. Every person in the room did, they were an impressive bunch. Not that it took much to be better than Jensen.

The bassist chuckled slightly at the comment of the aforementioned girl, amused by her use of the word ‘bozo'. “Hey Plum,” he called out curiously, “you’re new here right?" His head tilted just slightly as he asked the question, hair falling over his left eye. His face wore the innocently curious look of a child asking why the sky was blue. "Where exactly are you from?"

Last edited:
KAT SUMMERS

9d7c7c7403f57d5f90daccdafc2465f0.jpgKat knew she shouldn't have been surprised to be accepted into the band. After all, she had pretty much been the only singer auditioning and she already knew that Jay dude didn't have a chance in Hell of getting in. Still, the announcement did manage to catch her off guard. She'd been sure to thank Riley and Alex before realising far too late that she had not told her parents she would be staying on at school later to audition.

Sure enough her phone had three missed calls from her mom and she'd faced a pretty severe and concerned lecture from her parents.

'Kathleen, it's really not like you to be so irresponsible. I'm not impressed with this side of you,' her dad had said to her after she'd finally reached home.
'I'm sorry, dad. It all just happened so fast! I got invited to audition for this band, and well, I thought if I'm stuck here now-' Her mother shot her a warning look at this and Kat rethought her phrasing. 'I mean, if we're restarting fresh here, I thought it would be a good way to make friends...'

'You were at a band audition, did you get in?'
Kat's brother called from the sofa in the living room.

'Uh...yeah I-'

'Archer, not now. Wait...you did?'
Their dad said, with pride clear in his voice. 'Great job, kiddo! Uh, but still. Not letting us know was unacceptable behaviour.'

Unfortunately that was not the last lecture to be endured by Kat. The next day at school, she and the rest of the people who had auditioned were all made to serve detention for what had happened to Jensen Carter. It wasn't like she had done anything wrong, and yet somehow the idiot had managed to incriminate all of them. Needless to say, her parents were none too pleased with this development:

'Mom, dad, please just let me practice with the band. I'm already in now and it wouldn't be right to let them down.' She had pleaded, displaying her very best innocent eyes. Her mom appeared to be folding, but her dad on the other hand gave her a stern, thoughtful look.

'Frankly, I don't trust that these kids are going to be a good influence on you. The only way I'm letting you make any music with them is if I meet them for myself.' Kat had opened her mouth to protest, but quickly shut it again as she caught Archer waving his arms about in a warning motion behind him. How come that kid always knew something she didn't?
'So, I've decided that you can practice down in the basement. I can keep an eye on them that way.' Kat's eyes widened a little in pleasant surprise.
'Seriously, the music room? Thanks dad! I promise you they're all well behaved.' At least, she hoped they would be. It's not like she knew any of them at all.

That same night she texted Riley to let them know that their first practice could be held at her home along with the address and all necessary details. She honestly couldn't believe her luck.

---------

'Quit pacing, Freckles, you're making me nervous too,' Archer said, looking up from his spot on the bright orange couch in the living room as Kat paced back and forth. It was nearly time for the band to arrive and she knew she had to go out and greet them. Rationally, she knew there was no need to be nervous about their first band practice, but she also knew her dad would be observing them the whole time and he had the power to shatter her dreams before they even started. Rolling her eyes at Archer she made her way to the brightly lit hallway, distracting herself by admiring the colourful geometric art piece her mother had just finished that now hung on the wall. Really they had managed to make the place look like home surprisingly quickly all things considered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back