Literature Writing Share sites?

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Does anyone have any recommendations for sites where people share their writing? Not Roleplay sites. But places like Wattpad or ArchiveOfOurOwn. I've looked on both of those exhaustively, and the quality and subject matter that I find is... well, it's not something I'm really interested in. The majority of the work on Archive is trash-tier fan fic, and Wattpad is a bunch of poorly written attempts at romance with very VERY little in the form of spacey sci-fi. So I'm just wondering if there are any other GOOD sites where people can come and write/share their stories. And I'm not really interested in places that are purely stories about fan fic

Last edited:
I'm a bit hesitant to make some suggestions because it seems, from what I've seen and no offense, a lot things don't hold your interest. Have you tried actually writing communities via google? not ones that deal in roleplay, but there are communities where people put up their work, read, and so on.

I'm a bit hesitant to make some suggestions because it seems, from what I've seen and no offense, a lot things don't hold your interest. Have you tried actually writing communities via google? not ones that deal in roleplay, but there are communities where people put up their work, read, and so on.
well, yes... that's what I'm looking for. NOT RP sites, but writing sites where people just share their own written works. As I said, I've been on Archive of Our own as well as Wattpad, and I'm still looking for something better than what those have to offer up. I'm not sure what these kinds of sites are specifically called. But I've tried to google them, and found a list of "alternatives" to wattpad. Something like 8 or 9 of them. But, they really weren't what I was looking for. Like, I really like the way Wattpad is set up. I just wish they had better content. Archive is messy, hard to search with, and pretty much just a bunch of fan fic. And I'm really not into fan fic (or romance, which is what both sites have a lot of).

I’m not familiar with many either :(. You could always put it in the writing section here. The big ones that come to mind are wattpad, archive, etc and those survived the test of time due to the wide appeal to users.

Mibba and Quotev.
both of those have a TOS that prohibits stories with graphic violence, unfortunately. lol

royalroad.com is the only one I'm familiar with.
I'm having trouble figuring out what kind of content this site allows and does not allow. Do you happen to know?

I’m not familiar with many either :(. You could always put it in the writing section here. The big ones that come to mind are wattpad, archive, etc and those survived the test of time due to the wide appeal to users.

I feel like the writing sections in RP sites are largely ignored, as people are mostly looking to RP and not read stories. I'm looking more for a place where people come to read, ya know?

!! I believe this is still fairly active but I could be wrong. I used to visit this site all the time and it’s such a nice little corner of the internet even though it’s been yearsss since I’ve been active.

But Writer’s Cafe.org is specifically designed to share your writing in any medium whether it be poetry, fiction, short stories, etc. Needless to say, not sure if it’s exactly what you’re looking for but the basis is there. Writing sharing site for writers and readers lol. You’ll have to browse the works I think to see what content is usually there. TOS didn’t say anything about mature topics, just that it’s not responsible for content.

!! I believe this is still fairly active but I could be wrong. I used to visit this site all the time and it’s such a nice little corner of the internet even though it’s been yearsss since I’ve been active.

But Writer’s Cafe.org is specifically designed to share your writing in any medium whether it be poetry, fiction, short stories, etc. Needless to say, not sure if it’s exactly what you’re looking for but the basis is there. Writing sharing site for writers and readers lol. You’ll have to browse the works I think to see what content is usually there. TOS didn’t say anything about mature topics, just that it’s not responsible for content.
thanks for that. I'll def look into it

Have to admit I'm interested in this topic as well.

Mibba was the site that kicked everything off for me way back in the day in 2009 when I started writing my first story (as a know-nothing 20 year old who didn't know the first thing about storytelling). I was able to post each chapter when I was ready, and received fairly regular feedback on them from a decently active community. But it sounds like they've changed their standards since back then with the no-violence thing. Kinda hard to make a story focused on an assassin at war with his home organization without violence and gore, ya know? Lol.

I'll take a look at the suggested sites and see if I can find anything else as well to add to this discussion later. Hopefully I'll find something, as I really have the itch to go back to that environment where I can write on my own time and get feedback with the community again.

Hope to update soon!

Cheers!

Okay, so I found three sites that might be good for writers looking for feedback!

However, a quick advisory is that they all require your active engagement with the community before you can post your own works. For me, that's appealing and reasonable. If you're just there for yourself, then why should the community bother when they get nothing in return?

Anyway, on to the list!

Critique Circle - One of its requirements to even post your own work is that you have to contribute to critiquing the works of others, which I find appealing. Though, I admit I'm a bit of an odd ball. Still, there's the promise of being able to write and give/receive feedback in a rather active community with almost 1 million critiques as of the last update to the site's main welcome page.

AbsoluteWrite - Like Critique Circle, you need to make a certain number of posts before you'll be allowed to share your own work. So they're encouraging/requiring you to be active in the community first, which again I find appealing. 50 posts might be a bit much if you just want to hit the ground running with your own work. But it should go by fast if you're active and enjoy giving feedback as much as receiving it.

Scribophile - They run on a "karma" point system, similar to how the others work. You give feedback and earn points, and can use those points to post your own work. It's a way to keep you active within the community and not just be there to promote yourself or ignore everyone else. Many users from this site have gone on to become successful, published authors with verified testimonies from authors like Genevieve Graham, a best-selling author known for her works like Tides of Honor, Letters Across The Sea, and more.

So, while each one requires your active participation in the community and discourages selfishness, it shouldn't be a problem if you love reading and giving feedback as much as you love writing and receiving feedback.

Cheers!

Okay, so I found three sites that might be good for writers looking for feedback!

However, a quick advisory is that they all require your active engagement with the community before you can post your own works. For me, that's appealing and reasonable. If you're just there for yourself, then why should the community bother when they get nothing in return?

Anyway, on to the list!

Critique Circle - One of its requirements to even post your own work is that you have to contribute to critiquing the works of others, which I find appealing. Though, I admit I'm a bit of an odd ball. Still, there's the promise of being able to write and give/receive feedback in a rather active community with almost 1 million critiques as of the last update to the site's main welcome page.

AbsoluteWrite - Like Critique Circle, you need to make a certain number of posts before you'll be allowed to share your own work. So they're encouraging/requiring you to be active in the community first, which again I find appealing. 50 posts might be a bit much if you just want to hit the ground running with your own work. But it should go by fast if you're active and enjoy giving feedback as much as receiving it.

Scribophile - They run on a "karma" point system, similar to how the others work. You give feedback and earn points, and can use those points to post your own work. It's a way to keep you active within the community and not just be there to promote yourself or ignore everyone else. Many users from this site have gone on to become successful, published authors with verified testimonies from authors like Genevieve Graham, a best-selling author known for her works like Tides of Honor, Letters Across The Sea, and more.

So, while each one requires your active participation in the community and discourages selfishness, it shouldn't be a problem if you love reading and giving feedback as much as you love writing and receiving feedback.

Cheers!
awesome. I'll check those out. Hopefully they have a more user-friendly interface the Ao3. I'm fine with reading the writing of other people. in fact, hopefully i can find something really good. Fanfic is just so cringey to read through, and some original works would be a breath of fresh air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back