Literature Writing Share sites?

Murdergurl

will turn your insides into your outsides
Does anyone have any recommendations for sites where people share their writing? Not Roleplay sites. But places like Wattpad or ArchiveOfOurOwn. I've looked on both of those exhaustively, and the quality and subject matter that I find is... well, it's not something I'm really interested in. The majority of the work on Archive is trash-tier fan fic, and Wattpad is a bunch of poorly written attempts at romance with very VERY little in the form of spacey sci-fi. So I'm just wondering if there are any other GOOD sites where people can come and write/share their stories. And I'm not really interested in places that are purely stories about fan fic

Last edited:

Inno

Forever sleepy.
I'm a bit hesitant to make some suggestions because it seems, from what I've seen and no offense, a lot things don't hold your interest. Have you tried actually writing communities via google? not ones that deal in roleplay, but there are communities where people put up their work, read, and so on.

Murdergurl

I'm a bit hesitant to make some suggestions because it seems, from what I've seen and no offense, a lot things don't hold your interest. Have you tried actually writing communities via google? not ones that deal in roleplay, but there are communities where people put up their work, read, and so on.
well, yes... that's what I'm looking for. NOT RP sites, but writing sites where people just share their own written works. As I said, I've been on Archive of Our own as well as Wattpad, and I'm still looking for something better than what those have to offer up. I'm not sure what these kinds of sites are specifically called. But I've tried to google them, and found a list of "alternatives" to wattpad. Something like 8 or 9 of them. But, they really weren't what I was looking for. Like, I really like the way Wattpad is set up. I just wish they had better content. Archive is messy, hard to search with, and pretty much just a bunch of fan fic. And I'm really not into fan fic (or romance, which is what both sites have a lot of).

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I’m not familiar with many either :(. You could always put it in the writing section here. The big ones that come to mind are wattpad, archive, etc and those survived the test of time due to the wide appeal to users.

Murdergurl

Mibba and Quotev.
both of those have a TOS that prohibits stories with graphic violence, unfortunately. lol

royalroad.com is the only one I'm familiar with.
I'm having trouble figuring out what kind of content this site allows and does not allow. Do you happen to know?

I’m not familiar with many either :(. You could always put it in the writing section here. The big ones that come to mind are wattpad, archive, etc and those survived the test of time due to the wide appeal to users.

I feel like the writing sections in RP sites are largely ignored, as people are mostly looking to RP and not read stories. I'm looking more for a place where people come to read, ya know?

Users who are viewing this thread