Other Writing prompt suggestions? (and writing discussion, too...)

NextGenRolePlayer

The Not-So-Futuristic RolePlayer
Hey guys. Just a guy who wants to practice his writing skills with simple prompts and such. I was wondering if you guys have some suggestions for writing prompts. Namely, prompts concerning character interactions. It's writing characters talking to each other and testing their chemistry. Of course, suggestions aren't restricted to those kinds of prompts. I would like some recommendations about how to write characters showcasing their personality. I know that I may be asking for too much, I apologize. I'll try my best to suggest some writing prompts if you guys want.

As a bonus, I want to know your opinions/advice about writing. Like favorite tropes, how to plan out a story, favorite character archetypes, pet peeves, etc.

For me, I think the best way to plan out a story is to tackle the ending first. Planning the conclusion beforehand helps with having a definitive, satisfying ending and knowing how you want your characters to end up; wrapping everything up together nicely.

Hey guys. Just a guy who wants to practice his writing skills with simple prompts and such. I was wondering if you guys have some suggestions for writing prompts. Namely, prompts concerning character interactions. It's writing characters talking to each other and testing their chemistry. Of course, suggestions aren't restricted to those kinds of prompts. I would like some recommendations about how to write characters showcasing their personality. I know that I may be asking for too much, I apologize. I'll try my best to suggest some writing prompts if you guys want.

As a bonus, I want to know your opinions/advice about writing. Like favorite tropes, how to plan out a story, favorite character archetypes, pet peeves, etc.

For me, I think the best way to plan out a story is to tackle the ending first. Planning the conclusion beforehand helps with having a definitive, satisfying ending and knowing how you want your characters to end up; wrapping everything up together nicely.

I usually always have the beginning and ending worked out. It's the journey of how to get from the beginning to the end that becomes the challenge for me. Like I have one story I've been working on for awhile where I've worked out literally the first and last sentences of the entire thing before I even started writing. They alone sum up the entire premise of the story. However, it's been quite a challenge to figure out how to tell it. It's really a challenge in technique and expanding my own writing style.

As for tropes, I'm a huuuuuuge sucker for forbidden romance and star-crossed lovers. Both are pretty cliche, but I find them super fun to write. Of course I'm also a huge sucker for underdog characters ultimately saving the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back