Story writing challenge (time limit until bus arrives)

just trying stuff out, cause why not lmao
Thael has been walking for hours.

Walking hours on hot sand made his feet numb, but he couldn't just stop. Even if he wanted to he wouldn't be able to. How far he might look there was just the golden dust to be seen. No bird nor plant, not even cacti. Least to say water.

So he kept walking.
Walking without direction.

But is walking without direction even walking? Or is it just a more fancy way to stay in the same place.

With that thought Thael changed direction, but he still kept walking.

Walking in hopes to reach a better future, or just an oasis with water.
Whatever came first.

*I'm old* (not me but the post)
Most times if people don't know or understand a thing they grow vary of it. The next step to it is to investigate it, of course never to forget to let caution prevail. After getting to know a thing we start to try harness its power for our own benefits.

One of the most complex things we humans know is love. And even though we are far from understanding it's full means we try using it sometimes to our advantages.

To make clear passion and lust are a vital part of love but they aren't necessarily connected to love.

You may now ask, isn't it dangerous to use something for your benefit if you can't control something completely.
Yes, ladies und gentlemen it is. But we humans thrive for innovation and progress that sometimes there have to be made some calculated risks.

Last edited:
writing challenge number one of this semester (please kill me)
{first sentence by: randomsentencegenerator.com because my brain needed a kickstart}

"The dead trees waited to be ignited by the smallest spark and seek their revenge."

So they waited for the sun to rise, and as she gained strength by every minute of the morning they started to indulge in their dark desires. Their rotten roots writhing in anticipation for their time in the poisoned soil they were in.

The last remaining leaves on their branches holding on for dear life, prayed for them to stop.
But once something starts rotting from the inside it's not to be saved again.

The leaves the thing a tree is most proud of every year can part with them annually because he knows they sprout again in spring. They'd never desert him he knew that in his core.

But they knew they'd never get them back. That they've lost them forever now.

With nothing to lose its easy to fall into hatred and so they did.

Soon the sun got to her highest point and a little while later the last leaves were set aflame by her rays of sunshine. The leaves crying out weakly with their last breaths, wishing their big friends a calm life and hoping that they'd meet again.

But the trees didn't listen.

well, well, well here we go again
Shining bright, the rays of his halo lit up the pitch black night. It wasn't a warm and comforting light, like you'd imagine from an angel. It was bluish and cold one, so cold that it felt like the warmest day of summer was meant to be winter.
'Oh god please stop!!', a man screamed. A woman turned on her heel trying to outrun the light. She didn't get far. Another woman drowned out her own screams in horror of might being the next. A man with a bible in hand stepped towards him, he had a smile on his face, pressing a beautifully purple bible to his chest. 'Finally our saviour came. I'm a devoted follower of yours!' But with a flick of his fingers the man dropped dead on the spot. More muffled screaming was heard. With another swift motion of his hand the people around all froze in place. The two dead people faded into the ground bellow them, leaving only the faintest traces of a shadow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back