Other Writing a book?

Truff

One Thousand Club
Has anyone ever considered turning some of their rp stories/plots into full blown stories/novels? Or considered writing a book in general? It's something I've been throwing around but I have no idea where to even start something like that. Seems like a huge undertaking (I'm sure it is a huge undertaking). If anyone has done something like that or has thought about something like that, I'd love to talk about it!

It's how the first book of my series came to be, actually, not so much the roleplay itself as the characters I created within the roleplays. If you ever need help or just want to talk about it, don't be afraid to ask as I've been roleplaying for well over five years and writing for far longer.

Wow. I’m glad I’m not the only one. My work in progress fantasy novel started out as a short backstory for the character I was RPing. I was getting restless waiting for the other players to post in the rp, and started the backstory for my character in an desperate effort to scratch the writing itch. That was back around 2001 and it has become much more than a short backstory.

For sure, for sure. I've got a concept for a series of some sort which stems from an RP I was part of on Discord last year. You may see some characters from it around in some of the games I do on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back