Opinion Writer’s Block.

Lemonl

Rematch! ( ˃̶͈̀ロ˂̶͈́)੭ꠥ⁾⁾
No matter what, I can’t seem to think of good replies to anyone I rp with, and I can’t think up good stories that I don’t immediately assume would be trash. Please help, I’d like your personal opinion on how to escape a writer’s block.

Hello there!

As someone who has experienced writer's block, here is what I do:

1. Write anyways. I find it is actually beneficial just to force yourself to type something out. Believe it or not, it will actually make your muse work faster so that you can start getting the creative ideas you want! And if you do not like what you write during it, just edit it once your muse returns and you have something better.

2. Do the opposite and step away for a moment. Read a good book. Watch a good movie. Do something to relax your mind and that will help you get your head back in the game.

3. Listen to some music! Music helps me immensely. Whether I am working on an RP reply or writing my novel, music has always been my saving grace. It drowns out distractions and I always listen to epic/ Fandom inspired music so that I can have a nice theme going for when I write.

That is my advice so far :)

I hope it helps <3

Well Melpomene Melpomene pretty much already gave my primary answer when it comes to writer's block, keep writing, the reasons being a little different though. The thing, building good habits is important to anything that uses a productive process or is one, and making yourself right even when not feeling inspired will help you not fall into the pitfall of relying on inspiration, which can become addictive and make you dependent on it.

Setting that aside, and talking more specifically on the matter of lack of ideas? I do have a few more potential tips:

1. Break the problem down into smaller problems. Instead of tackling the post as a whole, focus on smaller tasks like reacting to given event, writing one decent paragraph at a time, making sure X thing is in your post. Smaller tasks are easier to solve and don't seem as towering, which can help you progressively adress the issue while getting a sense of satisfaction at making progress.

2. Go back to sources of hype and inspiration . This one is more specific for ongoing roleplays, but what it basically consists of is an attempt to get you in the mood by reminding yourself of what led you to want to make whatever you're making, going back to the source that originally inspired you.

3. Talk to people about your ideas. Just discussing things with people can help you brainstorm and work out potential flaws in your ideas that can be corrected.

Those are quick and short tips. I do hope they help. Best of luck and happy RPing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back