Other Write with a damn pen & paper.

Does anyone actually sit down with pen and paper to write these days? Have the almighty computer and wordprocessing programs completely crushed any need for the almighty pen? Would any of you even be brave enough to slow down and calm yourself enough to write a few paragraphs the old fashioned way? These things I must know so please help a guy out, thanks!

I keep a dream journal by my bedside and that’s the only thing I’ll write by hand because I need to get those fleeting ideas down quick. Maybe I’ll use a pen in the brainstorming and early drafting stages of a project, but otherwise typing is almost always preferred. I haven’t had to write anything extensive by hand since middle school so my hand muscles are weak af (I’m also quite heavy handed orz) so putting pen to paper and writing paragraphs seems like self-inflicted torture to me. I really appreciate nice penmanship though!

My thought is always "what adult human needs lines to write on?" but I guess I have an answer now. XD

I FEEL PERSONALLY ATTACKED. ):< My sentences start slanting upward without those lines!

Hey, I'm a student and handwrite a lot of my notes and paragraphs, although I do later transfer some to a computer for a more professional look when handing something in. But I like to journal and write poetry and I always use pen and paper.

In middle school and high school, I used to write a lot on paper. Mostly because when I got an idea, when bored in class, I would want to start sketching out the scene.

It wasn't really until I got into forum roleplaying that I transitioned to using a computer, and I doubt I'll ever go back. Sometimes I'll plot, but I'm left-handed: pen and paper always dirties the side of my hand. And spellcheck is a godsend. xD

In middle school and high school, I used to write a lot on paper. Mostly because when I got an idea, when bored in class, I would want to start sketching out the scene.

It wasn't really until I got into forum roleplaying that I transitioned to using a computer, and I doubt I'll ever go back. Sometimes I'll plot, but I'm left-handed: pen and paper always dirties the side of my hand. And spellcheck is a godsend. xD
Spell check is definitely amazing

No, because I don't sacrifice practicality for aesthetic. I keep a journal explicitly for when I don't have a computer ready, but that's about it. Everything is eventually transcribed to Google Docs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back