• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Wretched Hearts: Mercenary Band

Hildre

One Time Luck
I'm Hildre, and I would like to see if anybody would be willing to try an idea I just had for a fantasy rp that would have a dark, borderline realistic setting and would involve complicated character relationship, both with Player characters and NPCs. Along with romance and intrigue, the plot will involve action and will have Conviction and Duty as outlining themes.

Before the start of the IC, each one of us partaking in WH:MB would have to set up a relationship as well as conflict section in their character's profile, so those who don't like to go into details before starting may not like how I do this. I do hope that this won't make you all run away, but I had to warn you!

The prompt:
You are part of a skilled mercenary band. As a member of outlaws held in check by coins and convenience alone, you had your share of conflicts with your fellow mercenaries as you are all headstrong and rough warriors of your own right. Still, the bickering and feuds faded with enough brawls and yelling, and you all grew progressively closer to one another for it. You were the only ones looking for one another in this world, after all, and the only thing that could not be bought among you was treachery. Still, that last target you got, that exiled prince of the neighboring kingdom, why did a simple assassination have to shake your little family so much? There was nothing stronger than your bond, wasn't there...?

The setting:
The world we'll be exploring is in fact what I imagine would happen a thousand year or more after the stereotypical zombie outbreak. Magic is not present, but alternate races and monsters are, due to the legacy of the dangerous experiments of old mixed with the natural way of the living to adapt to even the harshest conditions. Technology and general cultural factors would be about the same as the medieval or dark ages, with enough differences to spin a new tale of our own with a little imagination.

About the rp:
I'll be available to post from once a day to once a week depending on the quality of the post we will write each time, and I'll expect everyone to chat and exchange ideas in the OOC thread and to reread and spellcheck their posts for errors or inconsistencies. Besides a paragraph minimum, I'm not picky on length, though I'll expect good involvement and interaction between the characters in every scene. The number of people I see? Between four and eight characters, and a cast able to work and create NPCs.

That's much more interest than I expected! I'll make the Ooc when I get back home and have free time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back