Experiences π•Žπ• π•¦π•π•• π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕖𝕑𝕝𝕒π•ͺ π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 𝕒 π•žπ•šπ•Ÿπ• π•£? π•Žπ•™π•ͺ 𝕠𝕣 𝕨𝕙π•ͺ π•Ÿπ• π•₯? /Question/

Depends.

1x1: 18+ ONLY. I feel uncomfy doing 1x1's with minors.
Group: Don't care, would prefer it if the minor is 16 at the youngest. I don't check though.

Particularly as I tend to do roleplays with romance, writing long romantic paragraphs would firstly feel creepy and secondly if anyone else saw it, that could spell big trouble.
Nothing personal but a roleplay isn't worth going to jail for.

Particularly as I tend to do roleplays with romance, writing long romantic paragraphs would firstly feel creepy and secondly if anyone else saw it, that could spell big trouble.
Nothing personal but a roleplay isn't worth going to jail for.

So to clarify something I think people forget. The site already bans writing scenes that would be censored from a PG13 TV show or taken out of a YA novel.

You flat out can’t write an explicit romantic or sexual roleplay anyway, regardless of what age your partner is.

In addition propositioning your partner into a real life relationship is also against the site rules. You can’t ask your partner to date you, exchange explicit art, or go off site to write explicit content. Again that is a site wide rule not a rule just for the under eighteen crowd.

So like if you think something is illegal to do with a minor, you probably can’t do it with an adult on this site anyway.

Just something to keep in mind.

So to clarify something I think people forget. The site already bans writing scenes that would be censored from a PG13 TV show or taken out of a YA novel.

You flat out can’t write an explicit romantic or sexual roleplay anyway, regardless of what age your partner is.

In addition propositioning your partner into a real life relationship is also against the site rules. You can’t ask your partner to date you, exchange explicit art, or go off site to write explicit content. Again that is a site wide rule not a rule just for the under eighteen crowd.

So like if you think something is illegal to do with a minor, you probably can’t do it with an adult on this site anyway.

Just something to keep in mind.
That is true, I don't only use RPnation to find partners though so I was thinking more generally.

Fair enough, I just see the sentiment from a lot of people in this thread so I thought I would remind them that RPN already has some pretty strict rules on content.

And to be honest, even with no romantic/erotic content, it feels a little weird sending private messages to a minor I don't know. a group roleplay, i'd be ok with.

And to be honest, even with no romantic/erotic content, it feels a little weird sending private messages to a minor I don't know. a group roleplay, i'd be ok with.

Yeah I’m not talking about comfort level. I just wanted people to know that if they were worried about the legality of their posts then it’s probably not content suitable for this site regardless of how old your partner says they are.

For my own comfort level I’m not very good with writing romance anyway so it doesn’t bother me to write with minors. Since it’s usually just us geeking out over a shared fandom anyway.

As long as all of the content stays PG-13 then I have no issue Rping with a minor. My rule is essentially that if it's not something I would be comfortable doing in a stage show/play with them, then I'm not gonna RP it over text.

I'm twice as old as most minors, so I wouldn't just on a life experience level. I'm interested in working with folks who have a similar level of life behind them so that our ideas match up.

I'm also a high school English teacher, so the idea of talking to teens and pre-teens online feels icky.

hello! Im sage/Hero if you don't know me, and if you do you'd know I'm 17! I struggle to find roleplay partners due to my age, and sometimes it frustrates me because im just so close to fitting the requirement of 18! But, I do understand why adults won't roleplay with someone under 18, and I will never be upset or take offense for that!

But I do wonder why exactly. Maybe it's comfort levels, maybe it's experience, or maybe something way off! I would like to ask you guys why you would or wouldn't roleplay with me/a minor! I want to educate myself on reasons why, because I must admit I do get upset sometimes. For a lot of you I think we'd be a good match! But I'm not 18 so I would HATE to make anyone uncomfortable! So I refrain from messaging people obviously if I don't fit their requirements, even if it's just cause of my age! I'm just saying sometimes it sucks cause I love roleplaying so I need more role-plays, yet can't find anyone like me!

Anyways, thanks for reading! :)
I only freshly turned 19. I've thought a lot about changing my requirements to 16+ or 17+. It's more of society's pressure for me. While it definitely makes me uncomfortable role-playing with someone 15 and below, it's just awkward having anything to do in a romance setting with someone who is a minor and is so much younger than you are. But 16-17 isn't really that far away. Given how I felt when I wasn't old enough and couldn't find a role-play partner, I'm going to change it to 17+ because this reminded me of that.

However, all in all, think about role-playing with a really talented 12 year old. They are still immature and it's weird to role-play romance with someone who is so much younger than you. That, and to you, they are like a child. It's the same to most adults around 21 years old. It's a whole different world apart. Then there are still the difference in maturity levels a lot of times. I mean, if I was thirty, I would feel SO weird. I mean, I would most likely be playing a character who is intimately attracted to a reflection of a seventeen year old and that's a bit strange. (Especially if it was OC x OC) Because then I would be in some way, romantically involved with them. Just the thought makes me want to throw up.

Anyways, I have a forum in one x one I just recently posted at 12:48 pm EST. It should be on the first page in the 1x1 Role-Pay interest Check. If you see it, and we match up, feel free to hit me up on it.

I think one of the major concerns is that there are legal ramifications and social scrutiny that come with interacting with minors that you just don't have to worry about with people of the age of Majority. I've known folks in their forties to act really immature and some minors that are positively amateur statesmen in terms of maturity. It's mainly the legal thing.

That said, If I was doing a GROUP RP, and the CONTENT OF THAT RP was not going to be questionable on a issues of content, I would just take the most talented mature sounding people fo

hello! Im sage/Hero if you don't know me, and if you do you'd know I'm 17! I struggle to find roleplay partners due to my age, and sometimes it frustrates me because im just so close to fitting the requirement of 18! But, I do understand why adults won't roleplay with someone under 18, and I will never be upset or take offense for that!

But I do wonder why exactly. Maybe it's comfort levels, maybe it's experience, or maybe something way off! I would like to ask you guys why you would or wouldn't roleplay with me/a minor! I want to educate myself on reasons why, because I must admit I do get upset sometimes. For a lot of you I think we'd be a good match! But I'm not 18 so I would HATE to make anyone uncomfortable! So I refrain from messaging people obviously if I don't fit their requirements, even if it's just cause of my age! I'm just saying sometimes it sucks cause I love roleplaying so I need more role-plays, yet can't find anyone like me!

Anyways, thanks for reading! :)
i am 43 and i don't get it either. ive hosted minors in my games. i keep the content general usually so its fine.

It's nothing against anyone under 18 but I prefer to write in my own age group. I wrote with minors when I was a minor myself. Been there, done that. As I've gotten older, I'm just more comfortable with those my age. For me, if I have a story that involves possible romance, it would feel just weird to write that out with someone younger. And it has nothing to do with writing mature content either. That seems to be a misconception with adults not writing with minors having to do with something like that.
my age group is 13-75 lol

PinkSodaPopRemix PinkSodaPopRemix I think you finally said something that helped me understand the reason so many people are like β€œI can’t talk to minors it’s illegal”.

Cuz like low key I talk to minors all the time and no one has every gotten upset or called the cops.

And I think what wasn’t clicking for me was that people felt like they were in romantic relationships with their partners. Which would legit creep me out regardless of age because I’m aro/ace. So I have zero desire to ever be in real life romantic relationship and do not see real life people as potential romantic partners

For me writing romance is more about literary themes and character arcs. So it’s easy for me to be like β€œyeah this is an entirely fictional person that has nothing to do with me or my partner. We’re just putting together some tropes for tell a fun story.”

So thank for that comment I think it kinda blew my mind and also helped explain where some of the unease was coming from.

lol, some people act like it's a crime that people don't want to write with minors. That it has got to be a huge reason why. If a person doesn't want to do something, they don't have to do it. Nor do they really need to justify why they don't want to do it to anyone. People just write with whoever they're comfortable writing with and call it a day.

Last edited:
PinkSodaPopRemix PinkSodaPopRemix I think you finally said something that helped me understand the reason so many people are like β€œI can’t talk to minors it’s illegal”.

Cuz like low key I talk to minors all the time and no one has every gotten upset or called the cops.

And I think what wasn’t clicking for me was that people felt like they were in romantic relationships with their partners. Which would legit creep me out regardless of age because I’m aro/ace. So I have zero desire to ever be in real life romantic relationship and do not see real life people as potential romantic partners

For me writing romance is more about literary themes and character arcs. So it’s easy for me to be like β€œyeah this is an entirely fictional person that has nothing to do with me or my partner. We’re just putting together some tropes for tell a fun story.”

So thank for that comment I think it kinda blew my mind and also helped explain where some of the unease was coming from.
Of course! It’s why I always feel a bit creepy with the idea of role-playing with people a lot younger than me.

to reiterate because I reread this and I realized you said in love with their partners. I don’t feel like I’m in a relationship or in love with my partners, but I still feel a bit weird because I’m usually playing someone who is romantically interested in a reflection of themselves. For an example, it’s kind of like you’re told to play a character in a play or movie and you’re 18, but a 12 year old is playing the love interest of that character. The thought kind of makes you feel all gross and slimy inside.

barring rp, it just feels weird to interact for any extended period of time with minors i'm not related to. that's it for me.

to reiterate because I reread this and I realized you said in love with their partners. I don’t feel like I’m in a relationship or in love with my partners, but I still feel a bit weird because I’m usually playing someone who is romantically interested in a reflection of themselves. For an example, it’s kind of like you’re told to play a character in a play or movie and you’re 18, but a 12 year old is playing the love interest of that character. The thought kind of makes you feel all gross and slimy inside.

Lol true I think I misspoke, what I meant to say is I don’t see characters as reflections of their writers. Mostly because I do a lot of fantasy and international roleplays. So like for instance in my current idea I am playing a Brazilian mermaid and my partner is playing a Romanian vampire. * mostly in the sense we’re basing on our characters on specific folklore. *

We’re both from small towns in the US. So the characters aren’t remotely reflections of ourselves it’s more like we just happen to be borrowing from pop culture or folklore to build them.

And that is more or less how my roleplays go. So it’s never the sense that β€œoh this is a twelve year old playing a part.” It’s more like β€œthis twelve year old really loves the little mermaid and wants to write fanfic of Ariel”.

* only in my case replace twelve with seventeen. I mean I would love to chat folklore with a twelve year old I just don’t think their are that many kids that young which are into the literary canon of magical beings. Your gonna need to be at least sixteen or seventeen to be that nerdy.

Now I'm only twenty-two and my comfort range is usually two years younger or two years older simply because of personal preference. There's a lot of ways to answer that question in all honesty but one of the biggest reasonings is the Western/United States ramifications associated with minor interactions. It's very uncomfortable to roleplay one on one with teenagers or youth that if outside IRL would be extremely taboo . However, this is a roleplaying site where we do not know each IRL and the rules of the site prevent otherwise NSFW or, we'll, say triggering content that could negatively influence youth. I was one of those children who highly excelled in literature and writing so by the time I turned twelve, I was well ahead of my peers reading at early high school levels. Back when feral front was still warriorcatsrpg, it was a lot less restrictive and minors like myself were all over the place just trying to learn and get better, sometimes ending up in uncomfy situations with other much older folk. My point is, don't get frustrated and keep searching because there are role-players like myself, young adults, that understand that feeling since it wasn't that long ago that we were also considered minors. Just be cautious.

It depends for me honestly. If I’m in a group rp and then rating for said rp is tame, then I don’t have a problem. But personally I always make my own rps 18+ or 19+ just because some of the themes that I enjoy. I prefer those closer to my age, so around 20 or so, for 1x1s. At one point my 1x1s were also 18+ but I felt weird considering there isn’t that much of a difference between a 18 year old and a 17 year.

I know that I’m probably biased too because I’ve had people outright lie about their ages in get into rps I’ve been in, so I’m iffy about rping with minors and don’t accept them in the spaces I create.

I don't really care about age.

I've seen a wonderfully literate 12-year-old who articulated well and sounded a lot like a 24-year-old and wrote as if they already had a bachelor's in literature. Then I've met people in their 30s and 40s who act like children and were illiterate or don't write well (excluding people who don't have English as their first language and people with dyslexia). 🀣

When it comes to roleplaying for me, age doesn't matter as much as maturity and knowing what you are getting into, as well as being able to separate yourself from your characters.

I don't mind playing as a "mentor" for younger kids and teens who want to explore RPs/topics and get better at their writing or just have fun. It's hard for me to stay invested, but I sometimes glean some bit of fun from it, lol.

When I was a teen (having started RPing on Quotev at the age of 12-13), I played with adults, I played with other teens, and rarely ever had much of an issue. Of course, being 13-14, I started getting an interest into edgy and darker topics, but I was mainly exploring it through my limited lens of what it all was because I wanted to learn what it was like. I had a sheltered childhood, so I wanted to learn what I could or else I felt like I couldn't understand people, which was what the biggest issue I had growing up. In doing so, I began to relate more to adults as a teen.

I recognize now that what I did back then was borderline romanticizing the darker, edgy topics that most people wouldn't take so light-heartedly, but considering I didn't know how someone should react to something like that (and being extremely flippant where I would still struggle with interpersonal connection with other people to this day because I sometimes lose my empathy for brief periods of time) it would look like I was just doing it because I was making fun of it.

But, as I was doing that, I was learning what I was doing wrong through all of it. XD I just had to do some trial and error and learn with hands-on experience. It's one thing to say "this is bad" and another to give evidence and to "play it out" in a sense (like in RP) for someone to truly understand. Being a slightly emotionally dead person sometimes (or where my emotions were extremely difficult to stir up), I would write horrific backstories and "pity-me" sues because I wanted to cry and explore what that horrific experience was like, as if it was some odd catharsis... Though, most of those creations never see the light of day, it left me realizing and seeing what I was missing back then when I became an adult. And by that, I mean missing the hard point of all those edgy stories because I just didn't have the experience of an older lens to understand until I got older. It didn't hit as hard because I was sheltered, but I was fighting against the sheltered life by doing all that.

But I was grateful for it. Even if it psychologically fucked me up (by doing it to myself lol) and has caused higher anxiety, I have learned to - in a sense - "deal with it" or at least can take higher stress and think things through and understand things a lot better when I hit 16, which is when I had a jump in maturity. Talking to people at that age had people thinking I was 20. XD It was pretty funny.

To wrap it up, I have fucked my mind over so I could understand the topics I was writing better when I got older. I wouldn't recommend it, but if you want to take the "hard route" in life, I guess no one is stopping you except yourself. πŸ˜‚ Just be careful and be responsible, is all I ask.

Sadly, at the moment, I have way too many RPs I'm in, so I would love to have 1x1 or group RPs with people who feel like they are missing out, but I can't at the moment. XD Maybe when I make an interest check when I have at least knocked out a few RPs from my list... πŸ‘€

Users who are viewing this thread

Back