• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn had barely noticed the chill coming in as night swept through, though it didn't seem to bother her. She yawned and lied on her back again, her tail sweeping at her feet. She turned to him as his voice was heard and was asking a rather, different question. Her fur. She rose her eyebrows then they lowered back to their original spot on her face, she was thinking how to respond.

"Well... let's see here..." she puffed her cheeks again. "My fur changes with the seasons, like y'know, how it was a nice, turquoise-like color before winter comes. So, at the moment, it is thickened and is soft as silk. But my hair feels different from my actual body fur." Realization hit her, she did remember that humans do not have fur, which she knew, but her grandfather found it extremely hard to stay warm during the rough winters. She rose her eyebrows at him again, "are you cold?" No, she had no clue what she was getting at with that question, but she felt the need to ask. Though... Kaitlyn had yet another shift that may scare him if she must show him.​

Timo nodded along with intrigue, wondering how this changing of coats works with the sleeker summer coat. The winter one entirely took him by surprise last time, as she probably could recall when they were exploring lovely views together. She must have been nice and warm within it, though. It seemed quite fluffy and lovely, like a wool that was not coarse, or like cotton without the seeds and prickles that came with it.

Her next question seemed perfectly reasonable, though he wondered what to say in regards to it. He looked down to his jacket, not exactly in the best condition out there but still somewhat suitable, and smiled back toward her.

"Just a little cold, not much more. I have slept through colder nights and days, do not worry. Besides, um, if I can, er, scootch closer, I can wrap myself in the quilt a little, or perhaps go beneath it."

Last edited:
Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn followed his eyes silently, "oh, of course, sorry. I probably will be fine without the quilt anyways. Besides, you need it more than I do." She smirked and scooted over for him to use most of the blanket. Kaitlyn was perfectly fine with this, she cared for him and didn't want him to freeze. After a minute or so, Kaitlyn almost immediately leaned up, her ears pointed straight upwards. "Did you hear that?"

Her head swung to her right and saw the grass moving towards them in a particular spot. "Don't make any sudden sounds or movements..." she seemed to grumble those words as she slowly squinted at the spot. "Stay here..." she whispered now and slowly disappeared into the tall grass. Then out of nowhere, a huge black wolf came before Timoteo, snarling and growling in his direction.

The wolf snapped at him and its paw was really close to the quilt. Its head was almost the size of a bear head, its eyes were staring deep into his soul. But before it could do anything, an even bigger wolf thrust itself at it, sending it tumbling into the grass and running away whimpering. This wolf saved his life- but its eyes were the same color as Kaitlyn's. But it was white and much, much larger than her pup form. Was it her? - Yes. Did Timoteo know it's her? -I don't know. Kaitlyn placed one paw on the quilt and flopped down on Timoteo's leg with a huffing sound through her nose.​

Timo puzzled over Kaitlyn's response before he came up with a possibility of what had happened: he did not mean to shoo her away as much as just get a little closer, but maybe she thought otherwise. If so, that was very unfortunate and unintentionally rude of him, and he bit down on his bottom lip at the thought. However, perhaps it was something different altogether. As he pondered this, he did not move very much at all, not sliding over, but offering an apologetic look.

When Kaitlyn shot up he froze in place, not understanding what she was talking about but now feeling hyper-alert, eyes darting around upon hearing any sound. It was true, however, that there were some noises in the direction of Kaitlyn's gaze, though what it was was unclear. All he heard was the shifting of grass stalks.

Heeding Kaitlyn's warnings while she bravely ran off, he shifted very carefully so that most of the noise he generated was muffled by the thick quilt. With his boots still on, he was ready for running if need be. Did he need to run? It could have been any kind of creature in this field, not just a--

Wolf. Wolf! Big, big black wolf built like a house, ready to eat him up as part of a three-course meal. That kind of nightmare wolf. The eyes were menacing, drilling, frightful, and he responsively winced backward as the thing stared at him as if ready to strike. There was no escape from this situation, he thought to himself--

But a white wolf, tall and majestic and even larger, swooped in to the rescue, tossing the black wolf away with what seemed to be a body slam. He was saved, but was it so that he was a meal for an even larger wolf?

Those eyes, though . . . bluer than that of the traditional wolf, and that white pelt so early in the season . . . Kaitlyn? It was her, wasn't it?

When the great beast lay down on his leg, he knew it had to be her.

"Kate? Kate! You are okay, right? He didn't hurt you, did he?" He did not know how long it took between events. Was it a minute since she slipped off into the grass or was it seconds? He lost track of time in the midst if all of that danger. "That wolf. He was huge, but then again so are you. How did you . . . ?"

His eyes revealed his befuddlement and astonishment as he looked her up and down. How did this happen?

Last edited:
Kaitlyn Williams

The deep blue eyes looked up towards his voice, her ears flicked showing she was listening. Though, she looked fine and was tired also. Kaitlyn parted over beside him and sat herself next to him with her tongue hung out one side of her jaws. She was as tall as he was sitting up when she sat down. She was bigger than any wolf anyone could ever see. But how? Only she knew.

Instead of a poof when shutting back to normal, she seemed to morph, she replied, “yes, I’m fine. The real question is, are you all right? That alpha male was way too close to you for comfort. Turns out he had been stalking us for a good twenty minutes or so. I could tell from how heavy his scent lingered over there.” She pointed by where the wolf was recently. She puffed her cheeks, knowing he was probably concerned of how she could shift into a wolf that seemed larger than her actual form itself.

That wolf form... she has been growing with me ever since I was born. She’s pretty much me, except a wolf. The pup is a different story that I’m still trying to make sense of,” she sighed, cupping her forehead.​

Timo sighed in relief as Kaitlyn changed back to normal, both for peace of mind that this was indeed her and that he was not jumping the gun, and for the simple fact that she was all right. Adrenaline still in effect, he breathed in and out and held his chest as if to keep his lungs and beating heart regulated.

"I'm . . . okay," he wheezed. "He was so close and snapped his jaws like tongs in the blacksmith's hands, but you saved me outright. Hah! I suppose that makes you an alpha now, doesn't it?" He laughed at his own words, not sure about them but trying to laugh his way through the panic. In the end, he looked up toward Kaitlyn and managed to smile. "Thanks, Kate. Now I owe you my life."

Something clicked in the back of his head, however. Did alpha wolves really get as big as bears? In the off chance, could this be . . . ?

"This may just be my mind playing tricks on me, but that wolf you knocked away . . . do you think that it was . . . um, actually, no, you are tired. We should get you rested before the night is up, and maybe talk in the morning. Don't worry; I'll stand watch. I know what to look out for now in the case he comes back."

He tried his best to look assuring, he cupped her knee and looked about for rocks, sticks, branches -- anything he could make use of as a weapon. He was cursing his lack of foresight in not bringing his shillelagh. That one at the very least would last more than a good smack before breaking.

Kaitlyn Williams

She sighed through her nose as he was to say something about the black wolf, but hadn’t. She didn’t bother to argue to get it out of him, she was already worn out as it is. “There’s no need to stand watch. Come lay down, it’s late and we’re both tired.” She patted near the center of the quilt beside her.

She lied down, not completely able to keep her eyes open long enough to see if he was to come beside of her. She almost immediately fell asleep in a dream. One like no other. She was a wolf in this dream, standing in a meadow. Like the one she was in now. Oddly she took steps throughout the tall grass and continued until the grass came to a halt and into a clearing. Standing there were many bear sized wolves like her, all looking in her direction. Then behind her she heard Timoteo’s voice calling out her name. This dream made no sense... so she turnt and ran over to Timoteo.​

Timo gave Kaitlyn a quizzical look, wondering how she was so certain of this, but then again wolves and hunting were not his field of expertise. As he was about to lie down beside her, he was shocked to find that she had already fallen asleep, her chest rising and falling in a slow rhythm. He marvelled at this. He had not seen anyone as quick to fall asleep as this since his brother when he was very young. He chuckled both at the sight and the oddity that that memory of the olden days resurged and got up to wrap the blanket slightly over her to keep her warm in the chill of the night, not that she needed it, probably. Once satisfied, he did so for himself as well, wrapping up like a burrito and facing Kaitlyn with a satisfied smile on his face. All things considered, this was quite the eventful day. The cure, the confessions, the late-night encounter with the wolf, the new discovery of Kaitlyn's other side and the knowledge that she can protect herself if need be -- it all swam through his mind in a myriad of sensations until he too succumbed to slumber within the hour. Through all of that, his final thoughts before he slipped into dreamland were of Kaitlyn, and how peaceful and beautiful she was inside and out. He was enormously lucky to be in love with such a special girl.

Kaitlyn Williams

Waking up the next morning, Kaitlyn didn't want to wake up. She was pouty and tired still. It was one of those mornings that only happened once a month, and here it was already here. Though, instead of throwing herself on the ground and pouting, she looked over to Timoteo. She was studying his face for a long moment, a smile slowly forming onto her face. "Mm-mm!" she stood up and she was back facing him, but she looked over her shoulder at him still. "Ooh-hoo! How did I get so lucky with him?" she questioned herself aloud.

She slowly morphed into her wolf form and shook her pelt. She took one more glance at him, then she took off. She came back sometime later with two fish in her jaws. Hearing some movement near where they were staying, she placed the fish down and began snarling. Thinking it was that wolf again from last night, her growl sounded like boiling water in her throat. But it was just a rabbit. "Oh! Phew! My apologies!" she spoke in wolf as she picked up the fish again. She came back and placed the fish down. She had even had time to cook them before she got back. She knew if she were to make a fire in this meadow, it wouldn't end well. She morphed back to normal and put the fish on plates.

Now all she had to do was wait for him to wake up. She couldn't get over last night though. The kiss is what really had her heart pounding. She licked her lips and puffed her cheeks, letting a sigh out of her nose. 'I wonder if he dreams about anything...' she thought to herself.​

Timoteo stirred into awakedness, seeing sunbeams at first grouchily, then with a sense of question. Where was Kaitlyn? When he fell asleep she was there beside him, but now . . .

He sat upright and looked about with bleary eyes, and was quick to find out that she was in fact there, and with . . . fish? She had been awake long enough to cook yet another fish for him while he was asleep, aromatic and looking quite appealing. How much of an early riser was she? She put him to shame, once considering himself a bit of an early bird himself, and he rubbed the blear from his eyes as soon as he stopped thinking of such.

"Good morning, Kate," he voiced with a sleepy yawn and smile, slowly recalling events from last night and offering her a grin by the end. "You know, one of these days I should cook something up for you instead. I am feeling a little too spoiled as of late and need to return it."

Kaitlyn Williams

She about jumped to outer space when he woke up, she smiled widely at him with her cheeks rose. Her tail was swishing quickly behind her, she seemed in quite a good mood this morning. "Good morning, Timo," she responded; puffing her cheeks after a minute, realizing she was smiling too much. "I didn't want to wake you. You slept like a baby. Besides, your long slumber gave me time to make these fish!" She then perked a little, realizing she kind of revealed she was watching him sleep.

She licked her lips after she took one bite out of her fish. She too was thinking about last night. She cocked a brow in his direction, "it's the least I can do is cook for you. And... err... you can cook? Now that's something worth seeing!" She chuckled and took another bite of her fish. She bit her lip and spoke again, "why not spoil the one I love? You do deserve it! I mean, I know how to cook. But I was only used to cooking for myself if you know what I mean. So cooking for you and me gives me a chance to cook for someone else for a change."

She stood up and sat beside him, her side barely brushing against him. Her tail swaying across the ground behind her, to and fro. "I am excited to see about Esmere, though," she hinted, the thought suddenly hitting her brain.​

Timo winced at the thought of him sleeping so soundly and this far into the morning. Perhaps it was because he did not have much proper sleep as of late, kept up by thoughts, worries, and, sometimes, dreams.

"It couldn't have been that long," he pouted. "And I can cook! It's just, erm . . . not always how I want it to be on an open fire."

Her comment about the person she loved caught him off-guard, however, causing his cheeks to turn as red as rouge before he broke out laughing. He scratched his ear nervously. How to follow up such a sweet gesture was difficult for him to discern. A hug? A compliment? A kiss on the cheek, maybe? A kiss a little more direct? He blushed intensely at the thought of such and directed his attention to the well-cooked fish beneath him.

"Well, I do adore your cooking," he replied at last, flashing eyes and a less shy (but still shy) smile towards her. "I just want to treat you too to something. I need to find out what, though I do have some ideas." He gave her a loving look and gently rested a hand above her knee. "Thanks. For everything, really, not just the fish. While I do wonder about Esmere, I wanted to express that first."

He hesitantly reset his hand to his plate and proceeded to eat. The fish upon it was mouth-watering and so satisfying to his empty stomach. He really wanted to learn how to cook fish like she did. Perhaps later she can give him some pointers.

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn's cheeks burned a shade of pink and she puffed them out as she always does, showing her shyness. Kaitlyn had a different expression on her face as if she was madly in love at the moment. Realizing she was staring at him, she bit her lip and turned her attention back to her fish. Kaitlyn's ears began to turn pink also when she felt his hand on her knee- she even goes crazy when he simply touches her knee! She snorted and looked away embarrassed. kaitlyn had also run to her home to fetch herself some clothes for the day: a cute white dress with some scattered blue flower shapes here and there.

Once she had finished her fish, she slowly pushed herself to her feet. "I need to change. One second," she lifted up the dress she had hidden behind her and went to some secluded trees. She came back with the dress on and was folding the nightgown back up. "When do you want to head on back?" She questioned. She then heard some rustling behind Timoteo and it was only Jerry, who was coming by for a quick hello.

"Aw! Looks like Jerry wanted to say hi!" Kaitlyn giggled and flattened out her dress. Kaitlyn petted the gentle young buck, who seemed like his antlers were just starting to bloom.​

Timoteo caught the snort and looked over toward her, cracking a grin at the embarrassment she gave off. If he was being honest, he was quite embarrassed as well. This was one of the things he had seen his parents do and, well, it seemed right at the time. But was it right? He did not know. He just somehow hid that embarrassment well behind a veil of fish, with the exception of the raging blush on his cheeks.

She finished first, with him close behind, and readied to change into a different set of clothes than before, attracting his attention and making him wonder how long he really was out. He smiled at her and said with a smile, "All right", before looking up. He figured it could not have been eight o'clock yet. When did she wake up if she was able to fish, cook, and head home? She was fast, however, and she had a set of skills that made his set seem dwarfed in comparison. Perhaps it was not long at all that she was gone to do all of this.

When she came back, he honestly had to admire her taste in clothing. She was quite stylish and creative if she made all of these clothes from scratch, and it complimented her nicely, the white on white and different-hued blue flowers scattered throughout. He looked at her with appreciation of multiple kinds. The fish was wonderful, she was wonderful, and the day was going well.

Jerry caught him by surprise, the deer approaching him from behind and startling him. He seemed . . . different today, but he realised now that it was because the horns of the young deer were starting to sprout in little nubs above his head.

"So it would seem!" Timo voiced with elation, rubbing the velvety area that no doubt was sore from the ingrowing horns. He worked with goats before and knew that they valued it, so it made sense for deer as well, at least in his eyes. "Hang in there, little buddy. It will not be long before you have a marvelous rack of antlers." He looked up at Kaitlyn with a hearty smile, taking her in in the beauty of the sunlight and scenery. "I would like to head back immediately, if possible, but we can take the plates back, as well as the quilt. I missed Jerry's company, too, so I don't mind if he accompanies us partway."

Kaitlyn Williams

Right. Let us get going then, shall we?” She extended a hand to help him to his feet, a smile on her face still. As they walked back, Kaitlyn had to take the plates back to her abode. Bumping into some of her animal friends along the way, including a bear who was walking with her Cubs. The bears weren’t with them long, though.

Almost to her den, Kaitlyn had to a halt when a huge wingspan shadow went over their heads. Kaitlyn looked up to see a huge bird flying overhead, it seemed to circle them for a second them land in front of them. Kaitlyn gasped happily, “Alec!” But this was no ordinary bird, not an eagle nor a vulture. What was it? It was huge for sure.

Timoteo, this is Alec. I raised him from a baby bird a few years ago. It looks like he just returned, though it has been years since I’ve seen him last! He’s a Condor by the way,” Kaitlyn slowly approached the bird without hesitation and gently patted its head. After a few minutes, the bird unfolded its wings and flew off through the sky.

They reached her home where she took the plates in, then to his village.​

Happily accepting her hand, Timo raised himself to full height and walked in pace with Kaitlyn, intending to be at her side most of the time. As they walked he found a lot of the animal friends that Kaitlyn had met, a bear and her cubs which was adorable when up close and when they were friendly with him, and a few others who seemed equally as friendly. The condor surprised him with its ugly vulture head and huge wingspan, and being in the presence of such wings was mindboggling! The monstrous bird was possibly easily the size of a hundred songbirds! Timoteo stared at the creature wide-eyed for a time, but still managed to utter a "Hi, Alec" before it took off.

The trip was as it usually was, but Timo was excited and nervous for many different reasons from before. Again he did not mention anything to his parents and would receive another lecture he did not look forward to, especially if they learned the real reason for his disappearance, that there was a girl involved. That would send them into a sense of fury, he assumed. Thankfully work was not an issue, but he wondered what would happen between himself and Esmere, about the state of her legs and whether the medicine worked. And then there was the future. What was he going to do when he was ready for the next step of marriage, if it ever got that far? What then? Would the village accept it? Would he have to elope?

There was much to think about, too much for one trip between the village and Kaitlyn's abode. He had to think about things carefully from here on, about who he can trust with knowledge of his situation. He wondered about his parents and what they would think about his choosing to love not only an outsider, but also someone who was not even exactly human. His track record was not exactly the best, and he had caused a lot of heartache for them in the past with his troubles with gambling and his seeking out a potential partner in-town. Would they be able to stomach one more untraditional branching from the norm, and if word gets out what would that even do for his parents?

He was sullen when they arrived at the village's edge, and looked over to Kaitlyn with a false bravado and smile.

"All set?" he asked, looking her over one last time for now. Seeing her warmed his heart and eased his mind, making the falsehood a reality through different means.

Kaitlyn Williams

Walking to the village her head was swirling with some slight excitement of Esmere's legs working. Though she crooked her eyebrows at the thought of her coming with them, she shot him a little glance and her cheeks burned. She had thought about last night~ the kiss~ She snorted again. being so close to his face to hers was so adorable and romantic at the same time. Kaitlyn about squealed but held it in by puffing her cheeks.

His voice made her bit her lip and turn to him. "Yep." She then shifted into her little pup, automatically shaking her pelt. She followed him at his side, happy about just about everything. Kaitlyn then halted and bounced up in front of him in an attempt to stop him. She hopped up on her hind legs and placed her top legs onto his leg. Pretty much saying: carry me, please. She gave him the most adorable puppy eyes one could bear.​

He had to admit that the wolf pup form of her made him chuckle almost every time he saw it. She certainly was adorable in that form, and when she stopped him to pick her up he could only happily assent. He was carrying the quilt, so he had an idea of carrying her in the quilt with both hands supporting either side, as if he were holding a large woven basket made of cloth. If she refused, he would pick her up normally, one hand carrying her and the other the quilt.

They made it to Esmere's door, and when they did Kaitlyn and later Timoteo would hear the sound of consternation within the household. Four distinct voices were debating, opining, questioning, and marvelling over something, and throughout most of the conversation could be heard the yukking laugh of Esmere on the other side of the door. Timo looked confused, but knocked anyways, hoping that all was all right.

This time he was greeted by Esmere herself, her grinning face only widening as she swung the door wide and revealed that she was completely better! The door slammed into a door stopper on the other side, but rattled the side of the house. Esmere herself did not care much, instead showing that her legs were fine by standing on one foot and, unladylike for her, splayed her toes for Timoteo and Kaitlyn both to see. She was quite the ball of energy.

Others looked over to the commotion at the front door, including the faces of Mr. and Mrs. Porter on the largest couch in the waiting room, the village physician / doctor standing and ruminating over his entire medical experience, and the tutor who paced wildly in a back corner of the room, wondering how this even happened.

"Timothy!" Esmere shouted. "And little Kate! Welcome, welcome!"

Timo certainly felt the warmth of her welcome, but the rest of the crowd fell silent, as if judging or worrying. He did not like the vibe he got from witnessing their collective stare, especially from the father, who wrinkled his nose and stroked his orange, well-kempt beard as if he observed an uninvited guest.

"Uh . . . hey, Esmere. Your legs! How are they?" he weakly replied.

"They are like never before! I have not gotten to test them because everyone is still puzzling over whether this is the devil's magic, God's blessing, or a breakthrough in the studies of herbs, but I know better. I know what I saw." She gave them both a wink and turned around. "I am heading out with Timo and his puppy! I will be back! Timothy, you can leave the quilt here or . . . you know what? Keep it for now. It might come in handy for when we sit, if I sit!"

She barked a laugh.

"Absolutely not!" came the furious voice of her father, rising to his feet. "If this is indeed magic, I will not leave you with the man that put this magic on you!"

"I am going, Papa, and you cannot stop me!" Esmere haughtily replied, stuffing her balled fists into her side. "I am going outside to feel the grass beneath my feet, to breathe the first fresh air I ever had after a run since I was four! For you to keep me for something like devil-magic hokum is stupid, stupid! I will not be kept!"

The father turned crimson in fury, then turned to Timoteo, giving him a full compliment of angry looks. Timo looked back apologetically.

"Don't look at him that way, Papa. He did nothing wrong. It's just you being too stubborn to believe I am right. It was medicine, not evil, that made me stand today." She looked toward her two friends and gave them a carryover look of need for leaving. "Let's go."

After she gathered her slippers, neverminding socks, she closed the door behind her awkwardly and with a slam, and all was silent behind them. Timo was . . . shocked. He never saw her like this.

"Let's go somewhere private, avoid their squabbling," she stated, a look of frustration in her eyes as she walked forward in a stumble. "Know a place?"

Timo hesitated, but took her behind her house and to the treeline between firest and village. Esmere stopped to put on her slippers but otherwise was glad to be out of the house and into the forest.

"Ah, this is living!" she exclaimed, her hands behind her head as she looked up. She was noticeably tired.

Timo wanted to say something, but could not, his tongue tied. Perhaps Kaitlyn would be able to say something?

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn snuggled up when he carried her, she was happy still. But not knowing what was to happen when they arrived at that house, she spotted the familiar home she let out a little howl that said: almost there! When the door opened, it was Esmere! Kaitlyn's tail wagged out of control at this, the cure worked! Her little heart swinging with excitement about all of this. Though, the inside was not as pleasing. Kaitlyn knew she was the reason for all the chaos, just, no one knew except for the trio.

Kaitlyn somewhat flung back her little ears at all the ruckess. But at the same time, Esmere could walk again! Which was great! Kaitlyn had to think of the positives, not the negatives. Esmere's parents thought it was the devil's doing or witchcraft. Though, it was due to Kaitlyn's somewhat genius mind.

They then all approached near the forest line, where Kaitlyn could shift without really being spotted. Kaitlynleapt from Timoteo's arms and swiftly shifted back to normal. "Handling this well, aren't we? I'm glad the cure worked! Though, I see your parents see otherwise?" Kaitlyn leaned against a nearby tree, stretching. "I do have a place we could go. We could go by my home, though it's a little far. Only if that's all right. I could introduce you to my animal friends. Especially, Jerry, he's an angel."​

Esmere watched as the transformation went on, not really seeing much of anything due to the puff of smoke but still very much enamoured by the magic of it all. Her eyes were as wide as saucer plates, and even if she could not make much sense out of it she tried to think of it scientifically and carefully.

"Someday you must show me how to do that," Esmere said gleefully, her smile broad.

Timo could not help but laugh, having thought the same thing recently, and replied, "I know! Me too."

Esmere laughed as well and grinned between the two of them.

"To be honest, I have been up for much of the night just thinking about things, worrying a little but feeling -- feeling! -- the process get steadily better and better. I can feel things again! Previously I could not even tell if someone was sitting on my legs, but now I can feel a blade of grass as it tickles the arch of my foot! Before sunrise I tested my legs and found I could hold my weight with them! I could wiggle my big toe, stretch, walk, run, bend my knees without moving them with my hands. This is a miracle! You are a miracle, Kate! I have refound my legs thanks to you. And I would go anywhere that is not this drab village right now, but would adore seeing your home. But, um, you say animals. There is more than your deer friend?"

Timo smirked and replied, "More than you can count, Es--"

"A thousand!"

"Uh, well, not that many, I think."

"Well, it does not matter," Esmere continued, her head held high and expression beaming even through the tiredness. "Go where you like and I will follow, but please, for goodness' sake, do not leave me behind. This is the first time I will have been outside, and for that I don't want to be alone. Plus, as we walk, you can fill me in on how your date night went!"

Timo took a deep breath and decided to tell her very minimal. This is what their conversation was:

"Well, so, we went to a field." "Yeah." "It was nice and grassy." "Yeah." "Night fell, and some shooting stars appeared!" "Ooh! Yeah! And?" "Then a wolf attacked." "Uh . . . okay?" "We sent it flying and it ran away." "Hmm." "And then we fell asleep."

Esmere groaned and looked over to Kaitlyn.

"He always does this when he doesn't want to tell me something. Perhaps you can enlighten me on the details, Kate? Did he . . . make a move?"

"Esmere!" Timo exclaimed, only to make her laugh and continue pressing.

"Please, Kaitlyn. I am dying to know!"

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn listened to the conversing for a little, her remaining silent. “Yes, there is more than just Jerry. There’s at least around... hmm... twenty of my animal friends.” Kaitlyn’s only response toward their “date” was her blushing madly.

Err... let’s just start heading to my abode, shall we?” Kaitlyn rise her eyebrows pretty much saying: I’m not amused. Timoteo had a pretty bland response to her wondering about the two. She honestly had no clue on what to say— they kissed? She puffed her cheeks as her blushing increased, and her mind swirled.

Well I’ll just say that it was nice. Spending time with him was fine and getting to know each other better. We also did watch some stats which only come once a month like they had,” she shrugged and licked her lips.

Kaitlyn kicked a stick on the way there and spotted little Jerry. “Oh, look there’s Jerry!” She pointed to the deer and called him over. And more animals showed up also at the sound of her voice.​

Timoteo smiled at what Kaitlyn said her piece, driving Esmere batty. Esmere may have not received much of a verbal response, but there was something here. Timo did not answer her except in short bursts, and Kaitlyn seemed to be evasive as well, but some key phrases seemed to trigger a response from the thirteen-year-old. Was Operation Just Spend a Night under the Stars a success? She considered it to be! She will have to pester them when they were alone, or at the very least catch them in the act of wooing each other somehow.

All of this plotting and scheming helped her push through the exhaustion as she followed the two deeper into the forest, her muscles not accustomed to crossing distances, much less walking in general. While the mashed herbs of the medicine helped in some way to remove the atrophy in her legs, it could not recover them completely. She will have to work on it, but at least she will not always be alone while doing it.

Timo kept a careful eye on Esmere, the girl slowing down as they journeyed a little deeper into the forest, a sheen of sweat on her brow. This was quite the workout for someone whose greatest hurdle typically was stretching out to fetch a book or a candle or trying to grab something off of the floor. She puffed with difficulty, but seeing the deer and others in the distance before her made her stiffen and hide behind Kaitlyn, with her being the closer of Timo and her. So this was a deer up close. She was fascinated by Jerry, but the other animals made her worried. Well, maybe the exception of the small birds. Those were all right.

"Do animals usually group up in large crowds of mixed types like this?" she asked Timo and Kaitlyn, eyes drifting between the both of them.

Timoteo's only response was one of uncertainty as he shrugged his shoulders and signed "maybe."

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn’s gorgeous blue eyes shifted along all the creatures who had popped up unannounced. Kaitlyn’s tail comfortingly brushed by Esmere, as she motioned for little Jerry to come say hello to the newcomer. Jerry’s little tail wiggled cutely behind him and sniffled at Esmere with his huge amber eyes full of curiosity.

Timo also was puzzled by their grouping at first as well, if I recall. But they only do group like this, but only here in my forest,” she stared around, hoping the bear wouldn’t pop up. Even a friendly bear would scare someone half to death. “I trained these animals to be friendly, especially friends who are with me at the time.

Red flew over to Esmere and landed on her shoulder, his little wings folded at his sides. “That is Red, he’s the cardinal. Over there, you see that buck over there? That’s Shaman.” Kaitlyn began naming its all the animals that were gathered around, even Alec had returned again. Alec had pitched him self on Kaitlyn’s arm without hesitation. “I also have a Aurochs near by named Target. He’s huge, a little taller than six feet, but he wouldn’t hurt a fly! But maybe you’ll get to meet him some other time.”

Timo looked between Kaitlyn and Esmere with a smile plastered all over his face. Esmere, on the other hand, having been consoled by her new friend, sagged her shoulders in ease and looked at Jerry's face very curiously. The fawn's -- or rather the young buck's -- eyes were lustrous and much like her own, only larger.

"You look like you have the prerequisites. With a bit of training you could become as mischievous as me."

"Esmere! Don't pollute the animals with your line of thinking," Timo chided.

Esmere laughed and raised herself from behind Kaitlyn, thankful for the explanation. The cardinal took her by surprise, and she recoiled in a sudden burst of fear, but she was quick to recover with an open-mouthed look of ecstasy. She had seen some animals, but never this close. There even was a stag and what looked to be a very large vulture, the latter of which scared her (and maybe the cardinal as it was perched on her) away from Kaitlyn for a bit as she moved behind Timo.

"You certainly keep interesting company," Esmere voiced fearfully, looking at the scary bird with an unblinking stare. "I cannot say that I am that brave to let Alec perch on me. Look at those talons!"

"He is not that bad," Timo answered. I saw him earlier today. He seems perfectly fine." He brought his voice low so that Kaitlyn might not hear it. "I admit that he is scary-looking, though."

Esmere nodded in careful consideration before slowly approaching Kaitlyn and the bird. She was barely getting the hang of walking now.

"Is it . . . is it possible for me to pet him?" she asked Kaitlyn, or maybe the bird. She did not know whom to ask.

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn watched Esmere motion away for a bit, she started to think that they probably had no clue that she has wolf hearing. Kaitlyn flicked one of her ears in their direction and smirked, hearing what they said. Yes, Alec was scary. Even Kaitlyn knew that! But he is a loving bird. In Kaitlyn’s opinion, larger animals are better than smaller ones.

Kaitlyn saw out the corner of her eye, Esmere motioning back over to her and Alec. Alec flapped his wings for a second to gain his balance on Kaitlyn’s arm. Kaitlyn chuckled in response, just remembering when he was a baby bird. “Want to know something else? I can speak to my animals. Like so, I can ask Alec is you can pet him.

Kaitlyn looked over to her bird, “Alec, can Esmere pet you?” The bird made a snort sound in response and a series of hisses. (I actually did some research and condors make hiss and snort noises instead of cawing or tweeting) “He’ll allow it. He says just to be careful, he’s got some cuts here and there.

Jerry made a grunt noise to get Kaitlyn’s attention and she turned to look at him. “Oh! Timo, Jerry says hello. I know you guys may not believe me, but I’ve been living out here for so long, I had to do or learn something to do while I was out here.”​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back