• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
((*whistles*, now that is a lovely cabin! It puts my works to shame, like my screwdriver on a stick and my other itty-bitty projects.))

Timo nodded regarding her grandfather, feeling some semblance of likeness between the two of them and a chill of dread overcome him. This was all too similar to his own situation! What if he too told his parents about Kaitlyn? Would they drop ties with him, banish him? Worse yet, would they trigger a hunt, searching for him and for Kaitlyn? Did he even want to know what might happen should things go sourer than he imagined?

He gulped, feeling as if he already knew the risks but did not fully measure their depths. Kaitlyn took him by the hand, though, and refreshed him with a course of new vitality, and they walked together for quite some time until they came across a beautiful envisioning of what looked like an architect's dream home. The shape of the building was sublime, and the windows perfectly placed. He wondered what was inside its walls and was happy to follow Kaitlyn as she bounced up the small hill between it and them. The space was impressive inside, hardly a wall in sight beyond the perimeter of the building, and a small number of furnishings lay within, perhaps dusty from a lack of linens unless her grandparents supplied them too. Timo was very much impressed and looked up at the beams overhead in awe.

"He did all of this mostly by himself?" he brought to voice, looking around one last time before eyeing Kaitlyn. "He must have been very talented! I have seen houses much smaller than this. You probably have as well in my village. This is an amazing house. With a little cleaning it should be a very nice place to live."

Timo tried his best to block out the similarities of the situations with her grandfather and him, and to prevent himself from making a face he looked away to pretend something else caught his eye.

"So, um, should I be coming here then from now on?" he brought to question. "Or should I go to the waterfall? I admit that I have never seen this place before, and I feel that I have been all over. I passed by one place known to me, but did not think of this direction. It is a great place to avoid human contact."

Kaitlyn Williams

She gave him a small smile and stood back into her feet with a stretch. “I’ve already brought food here for the winter. And my animal friends are either going into hibernation or heading south for the winter. Which this season is the loneliest for me,” she sighed out of her nose. “So, yeah. Come here instead of my waterfall.

She walked into more rooms, still exploring the rest of the home. She seemed breathtakingly silent as she saw more and more glorious rooms. Her bedroom she was to be staying in had a huge bed, maybe three people at least could share that thing!

She sat herself down on the bed and slowly ran her hand along the covers, amazed by the feel of everything. Kaitlyn hadn’t really been in a house that she could practically live in until now. The only home she knew of was her waterfall, and this was nothing like it.

So... I guess me and you get to spend time together today?” She smiled at him again, her cheeks carried a light pink.​

Timo cracked a grin at seeing Kaitlyn enjoying her new accommodations, though he had to admit that the winter months sounded like a time for a lonely existence if all of your friends went to sleep for the season. Timo was not going to let that happen this time, not when he and Esmere -- mostly him, he hoped -- can visit.

The house was large and splendid. He incorrectly guessed how large the place was and more rooms fit within its confines than he had previously thought! Room by room slid past his eyes, and the bedroom as the last one yet was very impressive as well, making his little cot seem like a crib by comparison. He wondered how big that quilt had to be to spread across the entire expanse, and how heavy it could be. He guessed twice as heavy as Esmere's family's quilt that they had taken to sleep under the stars.

He snapped to attention when Kaitlyn spoke up about spending time together, and he matched her smile as he looked at her.

"You bet! Today I had a bit of an earlier day at work, and Comet is fed so I do not have to worry about the time. Er . . . Comet is the horse's name for now. Nevertheless, I am more than ready for spending time with you! Do you have any ideas for how you want to spend it?"

Kaitlyn Williams

Hmm...” Kaitlyn rubbed the back of her neck silently. “Well, we can check out this room for now,” she suggested. “I haven’t really gotten to check it out quite yet. There could be something here that could bring memories back for me,” she stood up.

She walked around the room, looking for maybe a trap door and secret room, but she couldn’t find much of anything. She then had an idea to look beneath the bed, she bounced over to the bed and got to her knees. “Let’s see here...” she muttered and wriggled herself under the bed. “Ooh! I found something!” She exclaimed, her wiggling herself out and was pulling out what looked like a box.

Kaitlyn held the box in her hands just staring at it. She then headed to a small table in the room and placed the box down on it. She sat in a chair and lifted the lid and her eyes widened. “Drawings?” She pulled out some sheets of paper with some sketch’s on them.

Why... these are pictures drawn of my family...” her words trailed off as she looked through them.​

Something that would provide memories for her? It was definitely possible. Her grandfather seemed very sentimental when it came to family when he had read the book Kaitlyn had found called "Our Legacy," and Timo did not doubt that somewhere in the house there would be some sort of memento near and dear to him.

He wondered how often her grandfather visited Kaitlyn's home before it had burned, before that dark day of the raid. His fists balled in rage just thinking about all of the loss of life, the death of people important to Kaitlyn, including her grandfather. He wished that the clock could be turned back just so that they were alive again. Sadly, that was not available to him.

Timoteo decided to assist Kaitlyn's efforts in seeking out and came short. He stifled a snicker at Kaitlyn wriggling her way underneath the bed in search of something. However, her efforts were far from being in vain. A dusty box came out from beneath the bed, and as he leaned over Kaitlyn's shoulder as she sat to view its contents he was shocked. Sketches, and she mentioned that these were of her family. They were well made, too, of fine ink even if the paper was just barely weathered and yellowed by time.

"This is incredible!" he muttered under his breath, eyes glued to a certain piece of paper. "Who is this?" he next voiced, pointing to the one he was eyeing. "Do these drawings have the names of who they represent?"

((I will let you decide on who he was pointing at. I love the idea of visiting the subject of her family more!))

Kaitlyn Williams

Yeah, it seems like their names are written in the bottom corners of these...” she picked through and looked at one that had caught Timoteo’s attention. She motioned one off of it they was covering the name, it said: David. “My father...” her voice trailed off, her ears twitched.

She let out a snort as one caught her eye as well, with her name on it. “Aw. Wasn’t I the cutest thing?” She laughed and looked over more of them. Kaitlyn began naming and introducing each and every one of them with passion. “This right here-“ she showed one to him “-is Helen, my mother. She had to be the nicest out of everyone else I knew from my home. She pretty much cared about anyone, related to her or not, they all deserved her kindness.

Kaitlyn seemed much calmer than the last time her family was brung up, she seemed happier. “Though... I don’t see any of Cooper...” she search through and saw one more picture upside down in the box. “Who-“ she paused. This one was human, her grandfather! It had to be! “This must be my grandfather! His name was... Abderus. What a unique name.”​

((Very nicely done! I love it and adore learning a bit of each of the family members, and Timo does as well. I will be away for much of the day, so as a heads-up a response may come by tonight or tomorrow.))

(No worries! Thanks for informing me, much appreciated! No rush here!)

Timo looked with great interest at the sketches as Kaitlyn went through the small pile, impressed by the drawings and wondering if he can ever be that crafty. Taking in each of the names, he smiled at each individual, feeling as if they had come back to life if only for a moment. Through pictures one can convey a lot of emotion and personality, and Timo was a bit of a sensitive soul to this. Little Kaitlyn especially made him smile, and he laughed alongside Kaitlyn. She was definitely cute in that picture!

"The artist did you justice," he voiced with a little grin over her shoulder.

Things progressed from her father to other relations or people to her mother and, finally, to her grandfather himself, styling him with a very interesting name, Greek in origin, though Timo did not know what or who it was styled after. He looked at Abderus' features studiously. To his eyes he seemed like a man who carried a lot of weight, but it did not seem to bother him too much, perhaps due to family. He also wondered how he did an artist's representation of himself. Did he use a mirror? Was there a mirror in the house?

"You have quite the lovely family," he continued, beaming as he leaned back and stepped to the side so that Kaitlyn can see him better without craning her neck. "Someday I would love to sketch as well as he could. All I have access to is charcoal, but I hope to be able to do more."

He thought for a short while, finger brought up to his chin meditatively, before he turned toward Kaitlyn again, cheeks flushed ever so slightly as he was nervous to ask.

"Um, Kate, do you think it's possible for me to . . . try to draw you later? I need to brush up my skills beforehand to even get close to your grandfather, but . . . I really want to try someday."

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn smiled warmly to him, “my grandfather seemed quite the artist. But I’m sure it takes much practice to become as good as he was.

She listened to him, a pink tint forming into her cheeks. “I... uh... yes, of course! I would love to see the way you draw!” Kaitlyn was comfortable with the request, her slightly bouncing in her chair, as if she were a child.

In fact,” she stood up and approached a small side table near the bed. She pulled out a smaller box and handed it to him. “Here you go. This is the art supplies my grandfather used to sketch my family,” her smile widened. The blush spreading onto her ears now, making her puff her cheeks up a little.​

Timo was ecstatic and worried when Kaitlyn said yes, ecstatic because he really wanted to have her be in another picture next to her grandfather's trove of amazing sketches, and worried because he wondered if he had the gumption to draw a person. He had done much in the ways of inanimate things and knew how to shade, but in all honesty he had much to work on in terms of people. And then there was this sensation in his chest. He blew a breath out, realising that he had held one in for a while unconsciously.

She next surprised him when she stood up and ventured elsewhere in the room to pull something out of a side table, a box of sorts. When she spoke on and offered it to him, his eyes widened.

"I . . . I would be honoured to use these," he uttered, hands gripping around the box tightly and yet tentatively. While he wondered at the contents, he decided to instead leave viewing them for later. Timo looked up to meet Kaitlyn's gaze and smile, his own face heating up as he flushed with joy. "Thank you. I will let you know when I am ready . . . or when it is ready, whichever comes first."

Kaitlyn Williams

Okay. Good,” her smiled widened a little, as the blush spreading on her cheeks. Kaitlyn was still very happy from when the two had confessed their love from one another; knowing or not having to worry any more about what-ifs.

Kaitlyn heard some animal-like cry in the room over, “one second...” She walked out and then returned with a small ball of brown fur curled up in her arms. “Timo, I want you to meet Peter. He’s a baby lynx. But, um, the only reason I have him is because I raised his mother from a baby and she let me take care of this one of the winter months, so I’m not all that lonely. I guess taking care of a baby will come in handy sooner or later, I’m sure.

You know...” she smiled softly as Peter made a little sneeze sound. “I could lend you some of my powers to speak to animals, only if you want though.”​

Last edited:
Timoteo smiled in turn, clutching his newfound treasures gleefully. Art supplies! And real ones that even the greatest of artists used, not charcoal found as twigs in a forest and crudely burned. He will have to take extra special care of them. There will not be spares.

The cry and mewling of a creature startled him from another room, and when Kaitlyn emerged from the direction of the crying he lifted his eyebrows in surprise. It was a little kit, bigger than the ones he had seen before born in a barn, but still tiny and adorable.

"A lynx? I only saw one twice before a few months ago. It never bothered me, though, as I was venturing through the forest. I wonder if it was this little one's mother?"

He soon realised something else mentioned and stood stock still as a result. Kaitlyn was thinking about parenthood? Sure, the thought passed through his mind a few times, but he was unsure if he even admitted it. Kaitlyn's later statement and the sound of a cute sneeze snapped him out of his thoughts, however.

"You can do that?" he asked, shocked and yet very much impressed. "How? Actually, never mind how. I would love to! What do I need to do?"

He looked especially interested and eager, looking at Kaitlyn in exceitement.

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn watched his reaction to her question with a soft smile, "you don't really have to do anything. It's only me." Kaitlyn placed Peter on the bed, who had stopped crying from Kaitlyn's embrace. Kaitlyn honestly may be a great mother: she knew how to cook, clean, and take care of things; also her being very responsible. "I'll take this for now," she gently took hold of the art box and placed it back on the side table.

She walked back to him and stood in front of him, "it's quite simple. All I have to do is: hold your hand. I know it may seem odd, but just relax and don't freak out." She gently took hold of one of his hands and cupped hers around his. Kaitlyn softly closed her eyes and seemed to be relaxing by the second as her heart calmed. After a moment, her hands began to glow a light-gold color. She seemed to be transferring her powers to his by hand. The gold color seeped its way into his hand then disappeared. Kaitlyn opened her eyes again with a small flash of gold in them for a mere moment.

"You should be able to speak to the ones that I can now," she smiled and turned her attention to Peter who was meowing. Peter kept meowing as the power Kaitlyn gave to Timoteo began to take its course through him, so it'll work. Then he meows turned into words; actual words instead of meows and mewls. "Hello, hello, hello? Can he hear me?" Kaitlyn flickered her ears around, waiting to know when Timoteo had understood him. Her getting somewhat irritant with Peter repeated the same words over and over again until he received a reply.

(I had been putting much thought into how she gives powers to him and this is the result!)​

((I am thinking about Tangled right now with Rapunzel's hair glowing and Flynn reacting pretty much normally outside of a Disney setting. "Her hair glows. Why does her hair glow? Does her hair glow like that often?" This is glorious, however, and I love the visual. Nice work!))

Timo's shoulders relaxed as he did too, though he was curious about what Kaitlyn would have to do to transfer the power. She took the box of art supplies back and set it down, and he wondered what would happen next, but he did not quite think of a handshake. Powers can be exchanged in such a manner? Could she also do such with Cooper? He was very much curious and let his hand rise and be held by her gentle, lovely ones.

Timo watched in awe and stupefaction as a pale light grew in strength around her hands, then entered his hand, a warmth radiating from it as the light was absorbed. He did not feel the effects immediately -- probably for thirty seconds he listened to the kit mew -- but in time he found that he could hear a voice beyond hers and his in place of the mewing. It was Peter's voice.

"I . . . I can hear you!" he exclaimed, looking down at the kitty. He was unsure, however, if he should replace his hand or not. The light faded, but would the power end if Kaitlyn no longer was holding onto his hand? He did not know, but did not think about asking just yet. "Jason, right? How old are you, if I may ask?"

It saddened him that, even though he was excited about this, he really had not thought about what to say to the kitten. This is all that he could come up with.

Kaitlyn Williams

Peter. My name is Peter. I am... uhh... mommy, how old am I?” Peter turned his head to Kaitlyn, who seemed a little flustered at Timoteo being able for him to understand the kitten to call her ‘mommy’. Kaitlyn had also released his hand, obviously still works without her still having to hold onto his.

You’re six weeks, Peter,” she replied, her trying to forget some things off of her mind. Not sure what the kitten would say next. Peter nodded with a little stretch and stared at Timoteo with huge eyes.

Ooooh! You’re the one mommy keeps talking about!” Peter babbled, his ears pointed upward with a little squeak in his tone. Peter had noticed Kaitlyn twitch a little from what he had said before and thought about it. “Hold me!

Kaitlyn chuckled just do slightly and picked up Peter in her arms. “Well, this is what I’ve been hearing for the past few days,” she laughed, her sighing as Peter yawned. And within seconds, Kaitlyn seemed to be asleep already. Kaitlyn was gifted— or beyond that. Gifted couldn’t even describe her. Kaitlyn walked off for a moment into the room Peter was crying from before and then she returned without him. “Now he’s going to nap. He’s sure a handful,” she had a light blush hovering on her cheeks.

Her eyes stared up towards his and then spoke with a low tone, “what do you want to do now?”​

((Jason, Peter -- what's the difference? Honestly, I spaced out regarding the name, but I am willing to shove all of the blame onto poor Timo. =P Well . . . nah. Too many names were observed today.))

Timo smiled at the young kit, happy that he can at least understand the creature and it him. This was perhaps the first time he had fully understood what one was trying to convey, with the possible exception of Jerry, and he adored this. Kaitlyn had this ability all the while and used it effectively all of her life, or at least that is what he assumed. She was incredible.

"Peter is a fine name," he stated. "Much less confusion can be had with a short name, unlike mine. And oh? I am talked about, am I?" He tossed a grin at both, though to Kaitlyn he tossed one a little more teasing.

The little kitten seemed to sleep quite easily in her arms, already conked out within the minute. Timo wondered how much playing it had done to be this tired, or if Kaitlyn was just magical with kids. She did seem to have a knack for, well, pretty much everything.

"What to do now?" he parroted absent-mindedly, looking up at the vaulted ceiling. "Well, sunset is almost about to occur, and I am not sure if you are able to travel far from Peter in the meantime. I have nothing special planned, but would you care to just talk outside and wait until sundown? I bet the view outside is lovely. There are hardly any tall trees nearby from what I have seen."

He saw that she was staring intently at him and he chuckled nervously, scratching at his ear.

"I guess my reasoning is that, well, I want to be around you. Anything is fun with you, even cloudwatching or watching the sun go down, and outside here I doubt we even have to worry about a snake, except for the grass. That is easy enough to cut, though, with a scythe."

Kaitlyn Williams

That sounds good to me!” She agreed, a smile forming onto her face. As they walked down to outside, she spoke again, “I feel I must agree that I want to spend time with you. Because I know Esmere wants to come with us. I don’t know if you know what I mean— but that’s what I think.

She opened up the door and walked out, seating herself at the bottom step. “There’s been something on my recently that I feel I must say-“ she glanced to him “-I really wish that I was able to come and visit you, instead of you having to come all this way to see me. It’s not fair in my eyes. Because I do love you. I just... I don’t know.” She turned away with a light red on her cheeks, facing the sky.​

Timo followed, his eyes mostly on her as he slipped from one room to the other and through the portal of one of the outside doors. He was silent, unsure of what to say or if he even should say anything. He was fully in agreement with her and, even though it was nice to spend time with Esmere and Kaitlyn, in the end he chiefly wanted to be just with Kaitlyn.

When they sat down together on the last step, he took the liberty of seating himself close, his head leaning forward and left to watch her closely as she spoke. Kaitlyn was someone of whom he could not study enough, and as he watched and listened he again realised, probably for the fifth time today, how dear she was to him. Her words were beautiful, and he struggled to find the right words to respond.

"I love you too, Kate, very much so," he answered, cheeks burning from the openness between them. "I am working on getting enough money and tools to get a home of my own, which will take time, but barring the possibility that . . . wait. You can change into any creature you can see, right? This may be a stretch, but is it possible for you to change into a human? That way there is no need to worry about walking into a village in fur or feather and seeing if I am there!"

He spoke heatedly and full of hope. Perhaps there was a way? Or perhaps it would be too painful for her to do so, emotionally or physically. As an afterthought he hoped that this would not be taken poorly.

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn somewhat turned her blue gaze back to him as he spoke. She sighed, her expression saddened by just a little, “Timo, I don’t mean to bust your bubble; but if you hadn’t noticed, this is considered my human form, if you think about it. I could originally already be able to speak to you as this.” She could feel the blush being pulled off of her cheeks, as her sadness she had been holding in for so long was showing in her eyes.

I don’t understand why some must be judgey on ones looks, before even getting to know them. Me now thinking about it...” sadness filling her tone by every word she said. “I’m now starting to realize that because I look like this... I can’t come to visit the one who I love most.” Kaitlyn had some tears rimming in her eyes now, she looked away bashfully.​

Ah, now Timo had done it. He had made her cry, and his heart sank with hers at the mention of such topics and for causing them to occur. He felt similar to her, yet not perfectly so, regarding his origins, and the burden of telling people at the risk of criticism or rejection was a harsh reality forced into his mind by his parents and by the village itself for its close-minded nonacceptance of outsiders. He was accepted by the village for now because he had to hide information, but that happy balance hung by the thread. Would he change it if he could? Absolutely. Would he change things for Kaitlyn's sake? Doubly so, but for now he really had to apologise.

"I'm sorry. That came out wrong, didn't it?" he asked, flashing her an expression of intense guilt. "While it is sad that this is how the world works, that one has to hide things to be acknowledged by others, the rules differ between the few and the many, and even in different areas. To me, though, you are beautiful as you are. If that means leaving my village behind to be around you, that is fine. I want to be around my parents and Esmere too, but, well"--he swallowed hard as he looked toward her--"in the end I want to be around you more."

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn flicked her ears in the direction of his voice but remained silent. “It’s all right. I’m also sorry for making a fool of myself right now. Looking like a-“ she chuckled with some sadness still “-baby. But I guess you’re right. But if I had a family still, I would do the same.”

She lifted herself from the step and scooted next to him, resting her head on his shoulder. She fell silent again, not sure what to say now. Her blue eyes looked toward the sky, “in my opinion... I’m awfully glad there’s good humans like you. Unlike the ones who ruined my childhood.” She puffed her cheeks and wrapped her tail shyly around him.

(My apologizes for the short response. I’m at work and my manager giving the shortest breaks. Only had 15 minutes to type this up lol)​

"Baby?" he replied with a follow-up chuckle. "You are probably the most grown-up person close to my age I know. Everyone feels sad now and again, especially regarding the unfairness of life. It happens. Life is too short to worry about being seen crying."

Easier said than done, of course, and he felt like a hypocrite when he thought about whether or not he would mind if Kaitlyn saw him crying. He would mind, no doubt about it, and probably would have the same worries.

Her scooting closer and leaning on him surprised him slightly, but he too leaned his head onto hers and pulled her into a hug. The sky was growing shades of pink and orange now to the west, a slight contrast to the blue that was slowly shrinking away. Timo had to say that he was adoring this moment -- him and her, together only in each other's company and watching the sky turn tinges.

"I am glad too, elsewise I would hate my own kind and happily choose a life of hermitry. There are good people out there in the bunch. Sometimes it takes years to find them, but I have been blessed to meet what I feel are the best there is." He smiled up at the changing scenery, then towards her, saying, "The clouds are coming again individually. The sunset will be a great one. However, before the sun goes completely down, remind me to give you something. Just, er, keep it in mind."

If Kaitlyn were to look in his direction, she could probably see him reddening like a tomato. Earlier or later -- either one seemed fearsome. What if the timing was wrong? The conversations leading up in a different direction? Would a token of his love such as a kiss (he was intending a kiss) be okay? Should he take the initiative now? His mind swam with questions, and he did not know how to silence that kind of white noise.

((Edited hopefully a little better than last night where I was almost asleep at my desk. Also, fifteen minutes? While that is spartan for breaks (probably an OSHA standard if in the States; we have two paid fifteen-minute breaks each day if memory serves), kudos to you for squeezing in a reply!))

Last edited:
Kaitlyn Williams

She kind of squealed when he pulled her into a hug. She could never have enough of them. They always seemed to warm her or soothe her. The sky was indeed gorgeous as it was changing by the minutes. It made her think of how her pelt changes for the seasons. She honestly missed her greenish color.

Kaitlyn listened cautiously to his words, her ears perked upwards. “Right. Okay,” she nodded. What was it? What was he to give her? She was awfully curious about what exactly. She turned to him with her blue eyes, that seemed to be glittering from curiosity.

Kaitlyn stared at the open sky, just watching things change as if she were a toddler. She seemed zoned out as she took everything in. She wanted to remember every moment of this view! She would glance at him every little bit, seeming like her curiosity was increasing. She wanted to know what he was thinking.

(I didn’t fully get to finish reading your response last night. Just because my sister and I stayed up too late. I couldn’t hold my eyes open. And I’m sitting here thinking: why am I awake right now?)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back