• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Kaitlyn / Cooper Williams

She gave him the sweetest smile she could bear, her tail swaying. “Yeah, you’re right. I’m awfully curious as to what they’re up to. And I don’t doubt in the slightest that she’s spying on us,” she smirked when he let go of one of her hands, but still held the other.

She followed him with a light shade of pink still visible on her cheeks. She felt obsessed with Timoteo for some weird reason. It drove her insane, about, all the time! She snorted as they went up the hill, not sure what they’d walk into.

Cooper had an unamused expression faced at Esmere as she was spying on the two. Cooper rolled his red orbs as she stood near him, showing he didn’t want him to say anything. Which was one thing he was very good at: keeping his mouth shut. “Ridiculous,” he silently muttered.​

Timo, overjoyed, smiled as he heard Kaitlyn beside him, and together they trudged up the hill and crested it. He was immediately suspicious if the two, most especially Esmere when she started babbling about the flowers outside of her home. It would have been pretty convincing if she had not started as soon as they got to the top.

"The germaniums bloomed marvelously this year, and let's not forget the beautiful forsythia . . ."

"It seems like you both have been having a lovely conversation about plants. I did not think either of you were gardeners," Timo spoke up across the distance, smiling knowingly. "You can drop the act, Esmere."

"Act? What act? Since when have I been suspicious?" Esmere laughed openly, boisterously. "All right, you got us. We were spying, Coop and I! I confess that much!"

Timo looked over to the more wolfish of the two, wondering if this was truth or falsehood. He was more liable to believe Cooper in this case than Esmere. He had been in Cooper's shoes -- paws? -- before.

Cooper still looked unamused at Esmere just started talking out of the blue. Obviously, she was attempting to make it seem like they were conversing the entire time about plants. Which it wasn't before long when Kaitlyn and Timoteo returned. Cooper had his hands behind his back casually and was staring off somewhere in the forest.

"Us? What? No. Esmere, that was all you," he muttered, without hesitation. "She's lying. I was standing here the entire time."

Kaitlyn laughed at them as they seemed to bicker. "Spying on us, eh?"

Cooper could tell that Kaitlyn seemed better than before, he smirked. Wondering what Timoteo did to change her mood within minutes. "We should get going back to that horse before Target breaks more of that fence."​

"Cooper, how could you?" droned Timoteo, unable to keep a straight face all the while as he too burst into laughter. "Do not worry. I know it to purely be you, Esmere."

"Not that it matters much. The cat is out of the bag now that I saw you two holding hands," Esmere brought to voice, sticking out her tongue. "But yes, let's find that horse again. I wonder if she is okay. The sun has been pretty strong today, and I think she would need some water."

"That . . . is a good call," Timo confessed, looking away. "I did not put her in very good shade, and it has been some time."

"All right! Let's go!" Esmere exclaimed, setting herself into a march during which she tumbled forward harmlessly. While she overcame many things, she was still getting used to these legs.

There’s a small stream nearby Target’s pasture. I could run there and fetch some water for the horse, you guys could continue on to her,” Kaitlyn added, her tail swishing at ease.

Sounds good to me!” Cooper agreed, kicking a pebble on the ground near his paws. Kaitlyn nodded and she began leading the way back to the pasture. Though, she was nervous. Very nervous. If the owner came back on search of the horse and saw Target... she wouldn’t know what to do. Target is the last of his species and she didn’t want to lose such a loyal aurochs.

After some time, Kaitlyn knew the pasture was up ahead and she spoke, “the pasture should be straight ahead. I’m going to go and get some water.” Cooper nodded to her as she took off to the right. Cooper could see the brightness of the lands before them and he continued walking until the pasture was completely into view.​

Timoteo smiled in Kaitlyn's direction as she spoke up. She really knew the lay of the land, it seemed, an impressive feat considering how large and expansive all of this was.

The welcoming sunbeams up ahead was quite pleasant to see for Esmere, her mouth agape in a wide smile as she observed the transition. Even though her legs felt somewhat like gelatin made of hurt from the consistent walking, the sights, the sounds, and the good company made her enjoy the varied journey. This was so much better than staying at home listening to people squabble about her legs. She was happy that Kaitlyn invited them both to see her home and land, especially since she had met a new friend along the way.

As they approached the horse, the creature now visible and still tied to the post, a thought came to Timo.

"So, Cooper," he started out, green eyes turning to the other male, "I was curious, but do not want to be insensitive, and please let me know if it is. I am wondering what you consider yourself and others like you, whether it be human or wolf or something else. I am also curious if . . . well, if others can change shape like you do, not just you. Are there others as well? Sorry. This is a lot of questions."

Esmere's head popped upright, eyes curious as well.

Cooper yawned as they approached the horse, Timoteo’s voice making his red eyes turn to him. Cooper could understand why he asked what they considered their breed, it was an easy response. “We are considered ‘furries’. One is a ‘furry’. If that makes sense. But there is more than me and Kaitlyn is unlikely.”

Cooper turned over his shoulder as Kaitlyn came walking back with a bowl in her hands with water contained. “I brought the water,” she smiled with high cheekbones. She set down the bowl for the horse with a stretch of her arms.

(This is all I can do for now. Sorry it’s short, I’m very busy today.)​

Last edited:
Timo looked confused at the name for a time, then cracked a grin. Furries? He had to say that he was surprised by this, but it was so simple that it made sense. At least now he had a bit more sense and understanding than he did earlier, though he was glad to know that humans had a different name than skinnies.

The horse seemed quite welcome to the sloshing of clear liquid in the bowl and sniffed at it, then inserted everything below its snout to quaff the deliciously cool water. As it reached the end of the bowl, the horse seemed disappointed and whinnied and snorted as if to ask for more.

"That's all for now," Timo said to the horse with a chuckle, his grin dimming to a smile. Stepping up, he unravelled the reins from the post and tugged the horse in the right direction. "Kaitlyn, this may be a stretch, but are you able to speak with this horse? She seems like a bright one. I'm wondering what happened to her rider."

Esmere looked around at all of the possible places to sit and decided to perch upon the fence, her legs burning from all of the impromptu walking she had performed. She made a grimace that can curdle milk, as if she were in quite the amount of pain. She had pushed herself a little too far. Timo looked over, catching this, and licked his lips worriedly.

"Kaitlyn, could you please take the reins?"

Kaitlyn smiled as the horse had drunk the water she had brung. Timoteo spoke to her, her blue eyes narrowed at him, listening. Speak to the horse? Kaitlyn hadn't really spoken to a horse in a long while, but it was worth the try. "I could give it a go. It has been a little bit since I've spoken to one, but it'll be fine," she gently ran her hand along the horse's neck. Kaitlyn began to speak to the horse with a doubtful look in her gorgeous eyes but then lit up a little.

"Well, she says her owner just left her here. He just got off and left. Which seems odd to me," he spoke, sounding baffled. "She also said he seemed to be going after something... but she has no clue what exactly..." Kaitlyn scratched the back of her neck in confusion as if to say: why would someone just leave a horse alone? Cooper rose his eyebrows at Kaitlyn.

"How can you speak to animals and I can't
?" He teased with a chuckle. Kaitlyn giggled, "maybe it's because I've actually tried to understand their tongue. I also can do much more, that Timoeo doesn't even know of." Cooper looked over at Timoteo with a snort. "But he'll find out eventually."​

Gladdened that Kaitlyn was going to help with the horse, Timo next walked over to Esmere and sat down on the same rail, asking her, "How are you feeling? You look like you are in pain."

"Oh, you know, first day really walking in a while," she replied with a smirk, then a wince. "It is not sunshine and roses, but I will live. When I get back I will need to recover, though, and that means going back to old habits -- reading, crafting, listening to my parents talk about me."

Timo frowned.

"Oh, don't worry," comforted Esmere. "It is my own folly. I did not ask for breaks." Both if their ears perked up at Kaitlyn's voice, and she smirked at him. "Go on, lover boy."

Timo gave her a sad smile before getting up, hoping she would be fine. He was having such a crazy day that he did not really take much consideration to her. Perhaps he can treat her to berries, maybe even show her how to pick them herself.

"The rider left her here?" he asked incredulously. "That is odd, unless he was expecting to return to her soon after. Well . . . at least we know something about the rider now. Perhaps you both should be cautious about being seen, Cooper, Kate. I don't know this horse and probably not the rider either."

He had to admit that the discussion about the other things Kaitlyn can do intrigued him, but he worried for the others first, at least for now.

"Way ahead of you. I've been trying to avoid anyone who isn't you guys," Kaitlyn confessed, with a slouch of her shoulders. Kaitlyn flicked her ears around and Cooper looked at her, studying her. "Something wrong, sis?" Kaitlyn seemed to ignore him as she turned over her shoulder and faced off toward her home. "No... I just... thought I heard something... but it's probably nothing." Cooper looked at her concerningly but shook it off.

"I'm not sure what we should do with her though," Kaitlyn muttered, turning her head to face them. Kaitlyn could hear Target making some movement nearby and he was flaring his nostrils. Still not liking the horse in his pasture. But Kaitlyn was definitely hearing something that made her fur stand up on edge. "Excuse me for a second... don't freak out..." Kaitlyn had a puff of smoke form as she seemed to shift into a raven and flew off.

Cooper's mouth was left agape and then he spoke when she was out of view, "she's full of surprises, isn't she?" Cooper playfully elbowed him with a chuckle.​

Last edited:
Timoteo looked worriedly at Kaitlyn when she was listening to the surrounding area, but she seemed quick to refute the possibility, and so he puzzled over what to do with the horse. Could he keep her in his village for safekeeping, another horse for the stable to keep or to give back? It was very possible. The issue was to wait around for the owner that may never show up, and what then? Could he keep the horse? He was going to need some help if he was to create a farmhouse. Perhaps a wagon puller can make things easier, though it seemed that she was more of a riding horse than a workhorse.

His thoughts shifted when Kaitlyn decided to break away and shapeshift . . . what? She shapeshifted into a raven? He mused over this and rubbed his eyes to make sure he was not seeing things as he saw her retreat from view before feeling a poke at his ribcage. Cooper nudged him, the rapscallion.

"You are telling me," he stated, backing away and rubbing his achy ribs with a laugh. "A week ago I had no idea anything like this was even possible. Now here I am with you all, watching my -- er, Kaitlyn -- fly freely like a bird because she now is a bird. Will wonders never cease?" He eyed Cooper suspiciously as he looked around him. "What else can you do for magic that you have not told me? I do not even have an ounce of magic in me. At least, that I know of."

Esmere was still bracing herself on the fenceline, rubbing her sore legs. Doing so helped a lot, she found out.

"Well, to be completely honest, Kaitlyn has more magic than I do. If you've noticed, she can shift, a lot. Unlike me, I cannot do anything as she can. The only magic me and she have in common is shifting into our wolves, and that's about it. But... I don't know how she does it. It's extraordinary," he spoke, moving his hands around a lot to show his emotion. Cooper was staring overhead, awaiting Kaitlyn's return. Many minutes passed by, she hadn't returned.

Cooper was confused. Where is she? He asked himself, standing up onto his tip-toes in an attempt to spot her. Cooper then spotted the raven flying back towards them and Kaitlyn swiftly shifted back to her normal self. "Well, I think it was just me. There was nothing. Though, it took me longer than I had expected. My mind keeps playing games with my hearing," she sighed, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Kaitlyn, quick question."

"Hm?"

"How many other animals can you do?"

"Oh, many more. Trust me."

Cooper smirked a little and turned to Timoteo, a grin towards him. Kaitlyn looked at Cooper suspiciously, she wondered what he was thinking. "Well, what about the horse?" Kaitlyn brought up again. Cooper shrugged. "Could you train her?" Kaitlyn shook her head, "I've already got many responsibilities to handle as it is."​

Timo blinked, a little shocked that Cooper only was able to shapeshift into a wolf when his sister can do, well, a lot of things. Then again, each person had their different strong suits, and it could very well be that Cooper has yet to discover his talents. Perhaps he, Timoteo, too can discover magic within himself. Would not that be something neat? Of course, that is unlikely, but it would be lovely.

Kaitlyn returned a little later than expected, worrying the two males. Timo scanned the horizon and the surrounding trees, looking for ravens or, well, anything out of the ordinary besides themselves. He felt relief when she transformed and told that there was nothing. However, what did that mean for the destitute horse, stranded without a rider?

He listened between the two siblings, observing that Cooper tossed a grin his direction. Why him? Was there a hidden joke or meaning towards it? Was it regarding how incredible his sister was and how lucky Cooper was to have her, or was it something regarding how lucky Timo was to be in love with her and her him? He flushed and turned away at the thought of the latter, but quickly recovered at the mention of the horse.

"Well . . . I can bring her back to my village for safekeeping. We have a spot for her to eat, sleep, and stay. She will need to be ridden, too, to remain being trained. I can do all of that."

He patted the horse on the shoulder. All this time and she did not even start or veer off, just perhaps nibble at some of the long grass. She was well trained.

The siblings turned their attention to Timoteo as he spoke. Kaitlyn nodded, “good. That works perfectly. Though, we should hurry on getting her out of here, just because I can tell Target is angry.” She looked over at Target who was glaring his nostrils and digging his hooves at the dirt.

Cooper agreed and stretched again, his red eyes eying the horse. “Kaitlyn’s right.” “I also have much to do. I have to really fix Target’s fence,” she sighed, holding her forehead.

Kaitlyn began walking out of the fenced pasture and headed onward. Target mooed at the horse and ran off a few feet then stopped, watching them leave.​

Timo looked over to Target upon his being mentioned and observed that he was indeed getting angry. The bull really did not like horses, it seemed. The sun was getting lower, too, and with a horse in tow it might be a bit longer of a trip than two people simply going by foot. They had to traverse some small streams and telluric rises every now and again to get back the traditional way, and unless they deviated from the usual path it would be difficult for the horse to cross some locations.

"Well . . . I suppose this is a good time for us to get going," he concluded, eyes on the dipping sun. "While I would really want to help, if Target is that scared of horses, the sooner we bring her back the better."

Upon everyone moving, Timo led the horse by the reins with the group, and Esmere hopped into the group as well, face much more cheery than before due to being refreshed by having a solid rest. They stepped through the hole left by Target as he was fleeing the horse and continued on to the other side. It seemed that it made the bull happy, which was excellent. All that was left was repairing the gap in the fence, though he wondered what the fence was for, to keep the bull in or the rare event of keeping some other big animal like horses out.

"I guess this is where we will part ways for now," Timo sighed. "I have to get the horse back to a stable, bring Esmere home, and, well, discuss something with my parents. "I will see you later, Kate, Cooper . . . that is, if you are staying around here, Cooper?"

Both Timo and Esmere looked toward him in earnest, hoping that he was at least going to stay around instead of living a nomadic life elsewhere like they concluded was the case before he came back here.

Well, yeah, that’s what I have planned on was sticking around these areas. I won’t live with Kaitlyn, but I’ll definitely be near by at the slightest,” he shrugged, raising his eyebrows. Kaitlyn smirked at Cooper as he had chosen to stick around, at least Kaitlyn knew he would be here.

Kaitlyn rubbed the back of her neck, knowing that today was pretty much over. She did have some things to do before sundown, which stressed her in a way. “We will see you two some other time then. Bye, Esmere! Bye, Timo!” They two waved and said their goodbyes as they headed off. Though, Kaitlyn didn’t want to be parted from Timoteo, but they’ll see each other again.

Kaitlyn shot Timoteo a small smile and walked off, side-by-side with Cooper.​

((Still alive! Crazy days so far, and it will only get a little more hectic. I might not be able to reply much more than a post a day for two weeks.))

Timo cracked a grin and Esmere sighed contentedly, both glad to know that Cooper was not going to be gone for good.

"Bye, Kaitlyn! Bye, Cooper! Until next time!" they chimed together in partial overlap, waving as well as they set off.

As soon as they reached a little ways into the forest, Timo stopped with the horse, shooting a look in Esmere's direction. She again was having difficulty walking, and he was surprised that he did not think about this sooner.

"Have you ever ridden a horse?"

Esmere gave him a glance of confusion as he said this, then looked up at the saddle on the horse's back, understanding his meaning.

"I--um . . . no, I have never ridden one before," she admitted, "but I don't think that in a forest with no trail is the best place to learn."

"While that may be true, you are very tired. I can see it in your gait, and there is a perfectly good saddle right there. You will do fine. Just keep your feet in the leather rings and your hands forward, either on the horn or gently on the back of its neck. I will lead with reins so that she does not go too fast or into tough terrain."

Esmere got quiet and fidgeted where she stood before flashing her eyes up at him.

"I don't know if I can reach. They don't teach you how to get up on a horse in books. They just say that they got on them."

Timo laughed, saying, "Well, that's what I am here for." He urged her to get closer to the horse, though she was still somewhat frightened. "Here, put your leg on the leather stirrup here and hold onto the saddle, almost as far as you can reach. Grab on and pull yourself up."

"But what if I fall?"

"You won't fall. I'll keep her steady."

It took Esmere a few tries and a few nibbles on her own lip, but she managed to clamber onto the horse's back and carefully sidled her leg onto the other side, skirt or no skirt. A wave of relief refreshed her, most of her weight lifted off of her feet. The horse had a calming smell to it, and she was so high up, too. She was so overjoyed that she almost squealed in delight.

"You ready?" Timo asked.

"Never been readier. Let's go," Esmere exclaimed with a laugh.

The horse started to move, and Esmere maintained a nervous grin all the while, trying to keep her balance and maintaining a steady eye below her to the shifting flanks of the horse, She adjusted her skirt every now and again, but Timo kept his eyes forward and down, and she did not distract him . . . well, for the most part.

"She really likes you, you know," she said with a wide-mouthed grin.

Timo started at first, looking up toward her over his shoulder with an inquisitive look before tossing his head forward again.

"I know. I really like her too."

"Then can I plan to be there when you wed?" Esmere teased, voice singsong.

He flinched, but later stated, "You can bet on it."

"You are so sure now, nothing like the Timothy I knew earlier. You seem to have regained your confidence. I like this version of you a little better, but . . . you know, I always liked you too."

It took him a while before he looked back at her, again inquisitively. A question formed on his lips: "What?"

"Oh, don't be dense. Why else do I tease you so horridly?" She laughed gaily, then sank back down in her seat, voice mellowed. "I like you, Timo, had a crush for a while, but our ages . . . and seeing you with Kaitlyn made me realise that it can never be quite the same. I hope you both have as good as a relationship as you do now . . . maybe even greater."

Timo continued walking, stunned into silence. Esmere's yukking laugh picked up again.

"This isn't like me, saying all this. I should be teasing you more! Did you propose yet? When's the wedding date?"

"Esmere," he spoke up, attracting her attention. "Thanks for confiding in me, and while I cannot return it well I still think of you as a really good friend, one I am glad to have. Just . . . please don't tease as hard anymore, okay?"

"No promises!" she laughed. She had to laugh to keep herself from breaking down.

"Of course," Timo answered, smiling back at her. "There is nothing set, but I hope to talk with Ksitlyn again and, well, pop the question when we get that far, but that will have to be later down the road. Whoever proposes a week after meeting someone?"

"I am sure that it is done in some circles, but I bless this idea. Now, concentrate on what you are doing. You almost drove me into and the horse into a branch. Er . . . what should we call her?"

"The horse? I am sure that she has a name already, but for now . . . how about Star, or maybe Socks? She has a star on her forehead and socks on her feet."

Esmere shook her head and replied, "You're hopeless at naming things. How about . . . Halcyon for her calm demeanor, or Comet for her star and speed?"

"I admit that you are better at naming things. Don't rub it in," Timo chuckled. "Comet. I like it. A good name for a good horse."

Conversation continued on for a time until they got back to the village. The hour was late, but they managed to convince the stable hand to let the horse -- now named Comet -- into an empty stall and filled her water trough with water and food trough with wetted hay. Esmere walked back to her house, where she received a bit of a difficult welcome, but a welcome nonetheless. Dinner was supped and a mutual understanding was met between her and her family that did not exist there in a while. Timo went back to his home as well. His parents were waiting around for him, irritated of his behavior and wondering why he was gone from home so much. He said that he spent the night under the stars, but said little else of what happened, not saying anything about the two wolves, the horse, and especially the confession or that there was a girl present. They will learn in time, but for now . . . it was just best to shoulder the burden of not saying the whole truth. His parents, he hoped, will understand later.

Kaitlyn Williams

Cooper and Kaitlyn had departed as he went to stay in a den he had found when he arrived. Kaitlyn had to fetch some wood to fix Target’s fence, not the first time either. She carried all the wood in her arms and went to the pasture, placing down the wood. She saw the sun was indeed sinking under the horizon, she sighed from her nose.

She parted her hair to one side on her left shoulder and began at work. Target walked up to her and sniffled at her hair; saying thank you. After many hours, she finished tiredly.

She got to her feet and headed back to her home. But there was one thing she must do. She saw the moon was shining into her home, she pulled out her grandfather’s book. She began to read it once again, but she read something that had made her jaw fall. “Oh my gosh... I must tell Timo of this. But— when he returns at least. Only when me and him are alone though...” she muttered to herself with narrowed eyebrows.

(Ah, okay. Thanks for informing me. Ngl, thought you lost interest.)​

((Yep, no lost interest on my end, and I apologise for having you think that. I was shirking the responsibility of writing something long between having to dedicate much time to life and work. I very much intend to finish this jewel-encrusted diamond of a roleplay we are working on.))

Last edited:
The following day, Timo spent much of the time he had with his parent and some of the time with Esmere, who lay in bed or on the couch for most of the day to recover from the extensive amount of walking she did. She was a bit kinder than before, not as full of jokes at his expense or teasing. He shared with her, at her behest but with the penalty of not telling a soul, more about what had occurred between them two nights ago and regarding what happened during the evening of the snake bite. Esmere listened with a wide range of reactions, but criticism was not one of them.

"The nerve of that snake in such a weird spot! Almost causing my new friend I never met at the time to die. Hmph! I hope he chokes on a toad" was one of the highlights of Timo's day that day.

The workweek was almost a standard set of days, but Timo managed to find a fine day in the middle of it to break away to visit Kaitlyn, this time without her. Esmere might kick and scream at him, but with the small window of time he had every minute counted. The days grew shorter with the advent of winter, and he wanted to spend some time with her, just the two of them.

He arrived close to mid-afternoon near Kaitlyn's home, looking around for the possibility that she was home. It was a nice sunny day, albeit a bit gusty. He was unsure how she dried her clothes, but today was a delightfully good day to hang up laundry. Perhaps that was her current goal? Perhaps she was hanging out with her brother, teaching him the art of shifting into different forms? That did not seem too far-fetched. It seemed that she had a lot to teach. Either way, he hoped that this was a good time and that he could immediately or eventually find her.

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn was simply walking around the area, just thinking to herself. She had a lot she was doing recently: her lynx she raised from a baby had her own litter of adorable kittens and she found something she ought to tell Timoteo.

As she breathed in the air, she caught a hold of Timoteo’s scent nearby. Perking up, she followed toward it. Was he alone? She thought as she quickened her pace a little. “Timo?” She echoed his name and then spotted him. He is alone, she thought and bounced up to him with a smile.

Hey, Timo!” She hugged him. She was very happy to see he had come to see her. Though, she also noticed that it was only him. So... that meant they could be alone together!

Before you say anything, I must tell you what I read in my grandfather’s book-“ she looked up at him as she continued “-so, I know this may seem odd, but my grandfather actually had a cabin nearby your village. I’ve been cleaning it up for the past little while. It is absolutely gorgeous! I wantEd to show it to you— but only if you want to.”​

Timo turned around, quite surprised that she had found him rather than he her, and was quick to accept the hug, a smile welling on his face as he gave her one too. He could never get too used to these wonderful hugs from Kaitlyn.

However, he was soundly surprised when she mentioned the cabin in the woods, an heirloom of her human grandfather and perhaps even undiscovered since he passed until Kaitlyn showed up. This news struck his mind like a brick. Did that mean that she can live there instead of having to survive the cold winters alone in a cold cave? This was a huge discovery on Kaitlyn's behalf, and he was ecstatic for her.

"That is fantastic, Kate!" he exclaimed. "I would love to check it out with you! I can help you clean it, too. But wait . . . does that mean that he might have been part of my village too? I wonder what his name was."

He puzzled over anyone who may have gone missing within his village over the last two decades, maybe three. His parents might not know because this was their second language when they settled down here, and they probably did not care much about local events besides what happened immediately around them. Perhaps he should ask around if he finds out Kaitlyn's grandfather's name?

Kaitlyn Williams

"Oh, I don't know about that," she shrugged, her biting her lower lip in thought. Would her grandfather have been a part of Timoteo's village, one couldn't be too sure. Kaitlyn hadn't known her grandfather's name; she hadn't even thought about it until now. "My grandfather was a bit of an 'outsider' is what he wrote in his book. Since he had told his parents of my grandmother," she sighed and looked around them. "But anyway, I should bring you to see the cabin," she took hold of his hand and led him a completely different way than usual.

After what felt like an hour, they arrived. Kaitlyn pointed straight ahead to a distant cabin. She bounced toward it and it was glorious. It had a very small stream running down in front of it, had a chimney, everything! People would think she was rich seeing such an abode. "Isn't it wonderful?" she approached the house and headed up the stairs. She then entered the house, it didn't have too much inside, but it was nice. Kaitlyn's voice seemed to echo when she spoke again, "you would never believe my grandfather built this along with my ancestors! They mainly helped him finish though. He stayed here to have a way to spend time with my grandmother in secret."

Kaitlyn flopped herself down on a sofa and sighed. "I will be staying here for the time being," she yawned.

cabin.jpg Took me forever to find a decent picture!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back