• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"Burnt alive?" Esmere uttered in horror and disbelief, looking over to Kaitlyn slowly with narrowed eyes. She looked over to Timo as well, who staggered back as if struck by the news.

"What a horrible way to go out," he replied, his face twisting at the thought. "I would not wish that on anyone, not even my greatest enemy. I . . . I am so sorry that this happened, for both of you."

His fist clenched tight, he sobbed tears for the dead. He was silently hoping that they were alive somehow, to meet at least some of Kaitlyn's family. To have that stripped away by the knowledge that they all perished by flame was horrible, but not as much as what had happened to them.

Esmere ran forward and wrapped her arms around Kaitlyn, hugging her close. Poor Kaitlyn must have suffered with this knowledge for so long.

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn seemed badly struck as her head hung low with more tears out of her eyes. She could hear their screams as little Kaitlyn saw everything form from a hollow tree. She saw it when she was a little girl- which was devastating to any person. But a child? Terrible.

Kaitlyn didn’t have a reaction when Esmere hugged her, she sniffled in response. Cooper just stared around himself in horror, his pupils shrinking from any thoughts that hit him. Cooper gave Timoteo a look of sympathy as he eyed poor Kaitlyn in between.

B-but how..?” Cooper echoed to himself.

I saw it all from t-that tree...” Kaitlyn slowly pointed to a hollow tree in front of herself. Cooper shook his head, he felt horrible for her and their family.​

((Depending on info, I could tie something into this. I will put it in a spoiler instead of a PM like I was thinking earlier: ))

If this was triggered by humankind, what do you think about that hunter being one of the people that caused this blaze, the wild-haired one that scared them both in the forest and the squirrel that was with them?

Last edited:
(Oh my gosh- I love that! Genius! That is a great idea! How come I didn't think of that before lol)

((I am glad that you like it! ^-^ I look forward to seeing it and other cool things incorporated in the future.))

Esmere let go of her friend Kaitlyn in time, hoping that the hug she gave did at least some good. She wondered if Cooper would like the same and was torn. She thought against trying it for fear of him reacting poorly, but then again he seemed quite saddened at this loss. In the end, thirteen-year-old Esmere felt the need to ask.

"Pardon the question, Cooper, but would you like a hug too? You look like you need it," she said to him. This was not anything like she was previously, full of mischief and fun. This was purely out of the kindness and sadness she felt toward the siblings.

Timo trudged over to where Kaitlyn was, face downcast. He did not know what else to say. He felt sorrow, but that paled in comparison to whatever kind of anguish he felt from Kaitlyn. He hoped that in the days ahead he could help mitigate the pain she felt, to maybe shield her or give her memories filled with happiness that would overcome the pain as a child and growing up.

"Perhaps," he started off, his tongue feeling leaden, his eyes focused on Kaitlyn's as he spoke aloud to both her and Cooper, "perhaps I can check things out for you? To see if there is anyone living here still, after the fire. Perhaps your culture can be saved too for future generations, for your children in the days ahead."

(Just a quick warning: Kaitlyn’s about to spaz right now, just because she’s very upset.)

Kaitlyn Williams

Cooper’s unsteady red eyes looked over at Esmere when she had spoken to him. “A hug? Sure.” He somewhat opened his arms for one, though he was still torn from this. Cooper listened to Timoteo as he had offered to check on things here, Cooper thought I’d was a decent idea. “That’s fine.

Kaitlyn, on the other hand, was still madly upset; didn’t handle it too well. “Don’t you understand? They’re all gone! There’s nothing anyone can do about it! I mean, look at this place! I suffered badly from this as a little girl! And you’re telling me that, ‘anyone living here still’? It has been like, fourteen years since then! You really think anyone could still be alive?”

Cooper looked at his sister with sympathy as she was pretty much yelling at Timoteo. Though, he knew it was her emotions spilling out of her, that she could not take control of. “Kaitlyn...” “No! Do not speak to me. I need to be alone.” Kaitlyn interrupted him and morphed into her wolf, running off.​

Last edited:
Timoteo stared at Kaitlyn as she lashed at him, then turned his eyes, feeling exceptionally guilty about how he had said things. He could not blame her, and perhaps it was a falsely placed hope. Nevertheless, Cooper came back when he previously was thought lost forever. Was it really as flawed a thought as she considered it to be?

He reached out to Kaitlyn as she ran off, choking on words that he wanted to say but couldn't. Wait, please, stop! They all balled up in his throat and did not reach open air, and in the end he held his head in shame.

Esmere bit down on both of her lips. This went downhill fast, which was unfortunate for all parties involved. She felt especially bad for Cooper, who seemed to desire the hug, but the moment was gone. It would have to be a rain check for another day.

"Gah, I was so stupid. What was I even thinking?" Timo spat out, tossing his arm down and wishing he had something to throw. "Was I looking to the future and stepping on her feelings, perhaps both of your feelings?" He directed that last bit to Cooper, fearing he angered Kaitlyn's brother as well. His head sunk low as he looked down at his shoes, frustrated. "I know. I cannot bring them back. I know that. I just . . . I don't know."

Kaitlyn Williams

Cooper flattened his ears as everything went south, so fast. “Has she ever acted like that..?” Cooper muttered, his eyes shifted to where she ran off. Cooper had no clue where she could’ve ran off to. But he knew this was no good for them. She pretty much knew this forest like the back of her hand, she was leading them. Now what would they do? They were pretty much stranded without her.

Cooper shot Timoteo a look of sympathy, “I’m not as upset as she is. I know you can’t bring them back. I think she was just... erm... very, very upset.” Cooper fell back and sat on a fallen tree behind him, holding his forehead. “Do you guys know how to at least get back to the meadow? Or... where she could’ve gone to?” Cooper knew Timoteo hadn’t intended to hurt Kaitlyn’s feelings, he understood him.

Or I could shift and follow her scent?” He suggested with a slight shrug. Cooper looked around the clearing again and ran his hand along a stick which was covered in ashes. Cooper sighed and ran his fingers through his hair to calm down.​

Timo gave Cooper a look of earned appreciation, the black wolf surprising him with his thoughtfulness. Like sister, like brother, perhaps, even though they lived very separate lives until now.

"Don't worry. I am a bit of a woodsman. I know how to get back if I had made a trip there before. But . . . thanks, Cooper. You are all right in my book for someone who wanted to kill me last night."

He offered a grin to the wolf, teasing but meaning the comment fully positively. Esmere watched on from the sidelines, a wide smile on her face. The two seemed to get along well after all, at least for the present.

"As for where she went, I do not know, except for her home. I especially do not want you to follow, though. She might kill you, Coop. Ah . . . may I call you Coop?"

Esmere butted in a little, pouting, "That is my nickname for him, not yours. Request denied!"

"Eh, fine, fine. So what should we do for now? Wait?"

"Well, we could explore the surrounding area for now. Let's let the dead rest."

Timo nodded and looked over to Cooper with an extended palm for a second or two before replacing his hand, hoping to hear his input.

Kaitlyn Williams

Cooper sighed, “I understand. You can go talk to her. If she may kill me, which I don’t doubt, I’ll stay behind a little.” Before Cooper could say anything about being called “Coop”, Esmere interrupted him. Cooper rose his eyebrows for a moment then lowered them, with a small stretch.

I guess, she’s right. We should leave this place be. It’s been untouched for so long. We must respect this place for what it withheld,” he nodded and got to his feet. “Since you’ve been in these woods more than we have, you should lead the way for now. Or until we find Kaitlyn.

Cooper stretched his arms upward and cracked his back. He stood near them with a smirk on his face as if he just wanted to get this over with. Though, he was nervous for Timoteo about what he’d have to deal with when finding Kaitlyn again.​

"I agree," voiced Timo, breathing out some air that he had been holding in. "This place has been left as it is for so long it should be considered an honoured grave site." He gave one last look at the village, at the very least for now, before flashing his eyes back at the others. A smile crossed his lips. Even though things were strained with Kaitlyn at the moment, he was glad to have talked with Cooper a bit more. "Let's head back to the horse in such a case, but also see if we can find Kaitlyn while we are at it. She may need time, and I need some as well to gather my thoughts for an apology."

As they walked, Esmere stayed in the middle, humming to herself and having less difficulty walking than she ever had before. There was less wasted energy in her movements, and more grace, as if she had studied the movements of people in order to walk as well as they did. She had to admit that it was good to have so many models for how to walk. It helped her go through the process, and it was so relieving to her that she would no longer be considered an invalid anymore just because of gammy legs.

The silence was painful to Esmere, even though it was not long between words. She felt the need to correct this.

"So, Coop," Esmere started out, "I am dying to know. What did you do while you were alone? How do you keep your clothes when you transform? Do you have a toothbrush? Your teeth are pretty white, all things considered. Mine's made out of pig bristles, plucked right off of the back of the head of a hog. Nasty to think about, but it helps keep these bucks clean, so I can't complain."

She shone her teeth in the bright sun as if to prove something, though honestly she was just trying to lighten the mood. Timo chuckled into his hand beside her at the mention of toothbrushes, so that was half of a full accomplishment. Her eyes focused on Cooper, hoping for an answer.

Kaitlyn Williams

Okay. Man with the plan,” Cooper chuckled awkwardly, he knew it wasn’t the time for laughing but felt the need to say something before they set off. As they trailed, Cooper couldn’t help but wonder what their and Kaitlyn’s life was like, aside of his own. He was curious, but now wasn’t the best time to ask he felt.

Esmere cut him from his thoughts and eyes her as they walked, “heh. That’s a lot of questions... but um... while I was alone, I mostly practiced on how to catch my prey. You know? Like becoming more skilled over time. And transforming, let’s see... hmm... I’m honestly not to sure on how they stay there when I shift back and forth. And my teeth... it’s because I’m half wolf, gnawing on bones strengthens and cleans my teeth.”

The word toothbrush sounded somewhat funny to him in a way. He snorted a little, he then saw many animals running up ahead all in certain direction together. “Why are they all roused up?”

It was obviously Kaitlyn. Her animals could sense she was sad and were going to her. Cooper seemed baffled by the animals and scratched his neck in confusion.​

Esmere listened with great attentiveness as Cooper spoke, her head bobbing every now and again to his dialogue with her. Timo felt inclined to listen in as well. It seemed that Cooper was a bit of a meat eater, as opposed to Kaitlyn's frugivorous and pescetarian diet. Then again, he was curious . . . how did Kaitlyn "brush" her teeth? Did she use toothbrushes like them or did she gnaw on bones to keep them sharp and cut? He would probably have to ask her later on.

Timo looked up at the mention of Kaitlyn's animal friends conglomerating before them. In his experience they only seemed to do so in the presence of Kaitlyn. Did that mean that they were on the right track finding her?

"If I may suggest something, it would be to hunt elsewhere. Some of the animals like those ahead of us Kaitlyn trained, and I am pretty sure she would miss them. Speaking of which, I think I know of a way to find her. Come on. Let's go follow them."

Esmere raised an eyebrew at his curious idea. To her it was a bit of a stretch, but she did not spend as much time here as Timo did before her. She followed silently as a result, admiring Cooper's physique from behind while she did so.

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn trained those animals? How interesting,” Cooper stretched his arms individually as he followed. Cooper was somewhat nervous for Timoteo since he said Kaitlyn would most likely want to be alone or killed Cooper. He got scared flashes just thinking about it.

Through the crowd of animals,Jerry was there with Red perched on his shoulder. Cooper came to a slow halt and spoke up, “I can sense Kaitlyn up ahead. I should probably avoid coming near.”

The animals went down a slope to what looked like a small beach area and Kaitlyn was seated at the shore. Her animals gathered up around her to soothe her, she sighed and could sense some people nearby. Especially Timoteo. She did feel bad for spazing out at him earlier, she wished to apologize also.

She looked out at the open water ahead of her. Of course, it was yet another hidden spot she knew of. The wind blew through her gorgeous hair, making her look wonderful seated there silently.​

Timo looked towards Cooper, his eyes scanning the wolfish face. He had no worries regarding Kaitlyn and Cooper being together while he and Esmere were near, but it seemed that he possibly scared the poor guy a little too much. However, this might be a good situation even still, if only for the possibility of being alone with Kaitlyn.

"Are you both okay with staying here?" he asked to the both of them, more so Esmere than Cooper. While he did like the guy, he was unsure of leaving his old friend in his company.

"We'll be fine," Esmere stated in time, understanding the hidden meaning behind his words. Her smile beamed beneath her freckles and bright face. "You go ahead, lover boy."

With a heavy breath out, he stepped down the same slope as where he found Jerry and the others slip. As he cautiously stepped down the slope, he saw her, majestic and sitting at the edge of a lake he had never seen before. The tranquil waters were stirred by the wind, but it was her hair that caught his eye the most, the tips catching the sun's rays. He smiled at the sight, but had to maintain his composure. If he lost that in the midst of apologising, he was unsure if there was a way to recover.

"Kaitlyn?" he spoke above the wind as soon as he closed in on the bottom of the slope, unsure of whether or not she knew of his presence. Whether or not she looked at him, he paused and recollected his foraged words. "I, well, I wanted to say sorry for earlier. What I said was misguided. I hope you can forgive me for my poor choice of words."

Kaitlyn Williams

His scent was coming closer and closer within seconds, until she heard his voice. He was here to make things right and to apologize to her. She sighed through her nose and turned over her shoulder at him. She had a hidden sadness in her eyes, that was only visible to her.

I feel I must apologize too-“ she stood up and walked up to him “-I feel my yelling wasn’t necessary. I’m sorry too.” She looked up at his eyes then she went in for a hug. She did feel bad. Feeling it was only right to give him a hug. Though, he was her love at the moment.​

Timo had been bracing for impact, not exactly knowing what to expect, but was relieved to hear that Kaitlyn was feeling regretful as well. When both parties feel sorry, there was a certain joy to be had that one-sidedness could not replace for the other person, and when she came in for a hug he enclosed his arms around her tightly, appreciative for the gesture and leaning his head against hers. She was a special person, but she was very special to him. When he retracted from the hug, he smiled toward her, his hands around her waist respectfully.

"I am glad that we both could make up this easily. Not bad for our first spat, eh?" He chuckled under his breath. "Thanks, Kaitlyn. I will be better in the future."

He next did something that was honestly very new to him: he leaned forward to kiss her forehead, then retracted once more, his face a tint redder as his gaze fell. It felt like a nice gesture to the one he loved. He hoped it was not a matter of overstepping bounds.

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn smiled as he hugged her back. She felt calm once again. But... there was something odd about him being with her. Maybe it was because he made her calm down so much faster than her animals? She giggled a little, "yeah. I guess not. Let's just hope we don't do anything like that again." Kaitlyn honestly wanted to take advantage of them being alone at the moment.

Kaitlyn's tail wagged a little at the kiss to her forehead. She was hoping they'd be able to actually be alone and kiss again. She just knew he and her are being waited on by Esmere and Cooper. But Kaitlyn just wanted to be here with him. Her cheeks gave off a light pink blush and she softly smiled. Her animal friends could sense she was becoming happy again, so they headed back to their homes.

"So, I'm assuming that Esmere and Cooper are behind, huh?" her gorgeous blue eyes staring up at his eyes.​

Timo felt similar, to be frank; he was happy to be alone with her again, but felt the tugs of responsibility for Esmere and even Cooper pull him back to the ground. Glad that she reacted well to the kiss to her forehead, though, he smiled back at her and fell into her eyes.

"They should be at the top of this hill," he responded, leaning his head in that direction for a moment. "I am surprised, actually. Cooper seems like he is behaving and is actually pretty conscientious. Esmere seems to have taken a liking to him too, though I worry about leaving them together for too long."

He heaved a light sigh.

"I wish we had more time for, well, us like we used to not even a week ago. Things changed quickly, didn't they? Not that change is bad -- I mean, we did confess to each other -- but, well . . . I hope you get my meaning."

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn laughed at the thought of Esmere liking Cooper, “Cooper is older than me. I’m pretty sure. Probably in his twenties already.” Kaitlyn yawned from all the strolling around they’ve done this morning, though it was fine since Esmere could walk once again.

Kaitlyn shifted her hands down onto his chest still yawning and then flicked her ear. Kaitlyn held in her laugh as Timoteo tried to find the right words to use. “Well, yeah, I understand. I know what you mean... but you know... nighttime is an option for me...” Kaitlyn chuckled at herself, not knowing where she was going with her words. Kaitlyn usually fell asleep late or wake up early, she had a weird sleep schedule. Though, she madly wished she could visit him instead.​

Timo raised an eyebrow at Cooper's age, thinking that this made a bit more sense regarding his maturity.

"I do not think that would stop Esmere," he voiced, laughing a bit. "She is pretty stubborn. Even though she can make friends with anyone, she chooses to make friends with us and Cooper and attach to us like glue."

The invitation to night visits surprised him a little, and he fell into thought for a few seconds. He wanted to visit when they can be alone, but that too had its own obstacles. He did not think that he could steal away from his parents' home so consistently without their noticing, and the journey was long and somewhat difficult at night for him to come here. Perhaps if she came to him? Even then it would probably be consistent enough to attract his parents' attention, perhaps more so than he already did now.

"I would love that, but there is my parents to think about as well," he replied, explaining the situation. Then an idea struck him. "However, if I build my own home . . . it might be able to be done easier. I know how to make a thatch roof and tie things together. I just need the right tools.

"This is all just words now, and it might take a while, maybe more than a winter, but it might be worth it. For now, Kate, would you . . . like to meet up at night after I am done working for the week, like last night? Possibly the night after too? I cannot make promises, but I would enjoy spending more time with you."

Kaitlyn Williams

Kaitlyn examined his facial expression as she patiently awaited his response. She held a soft smile as she listened to him speak. Kaitlyn was actually surprised that he could come up with a plan rather quickly. Though, Kaitlyn knew of how good her memory was, but Timoteo could plan.

You impress me, Timo. But sure, we can meet up at night again. I’ll need to bring Jerry with me though. He gets separation anxiety at night, since he usually sleeps in my abode. He may come with, depending on if he’s asleep or not.” She slowly wagged her tail behind her as she thought to herself, her eyes clouded.

You already know, I love spending time with you. I’ll never reject,” she softly blinked at him with her cheeks flushed pink. It warmed Kaitlyn that he was willing to come out to spend time with her, which she desired the same. She grabbed hold of his hands and gingerly interlocked her fingers with his.​

"Sure, he can come along," Timo stated with a bashful smile, weaving his fingers as well, "and I am so glad. It'll be a date, then."

He thought about giving her a true kiss for a moment, but thought against it. He wanted to play it safe for now, to not rush too far ahead and leave things awkward between them after they already had a bit of awkwardness beforehand. He had to admit, however, that it was so nice to be this close to Kaitlyn. There was no regret in his mind regarding last night and their confessions. What he did regret was that he had to break this lovely moment up, as he worried what the others were up to and what they would be thinking. He was pretty sure that he felt eyes burrowing into the side of his head. That would probably be Esmere.

"We should get back. I have a feeling that Esmere is spying on us. But, Kaitlyn . . . thanks."

He offered the tenderest smile he could muster and broke connection with one hand, the other still tethered as he attempted to walk back up the hill with her hand-in-hand. There was likely no use hiding the fact that they like each other anymore, to Esmere or to Cooper.

Further up the hill, Esmere made sure that her head was no longer visible, her grin perhaps wider than a fully grown watermelon. She did not care if Cooper was probably staring daggers at her. The operation over the course of maybe a week was a success, and she pumped her fist in joy seeing Kaitlyn and Timo together. She was quick to replace herself next to Cooper, though, and put a stick-straight finger to her smirking lips to keep him from saying anything about this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back