• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Would you like your very own RP/Character music themes?

@TPBx, @Panzer, @Wandering Grim Hollow, @spongedog, @Soul Stealer

Hey guys.

Just a quick check in to make sure I have the basic descriptions of each piece right and make sure I set myself up properly once I do find the time to get started (yay for planning ahead!). I work best with brief descriptions as references when I'm composing, so please do read these and make sure they capture the basic principle of the music you're looking for and suggest changes if necessary.

United Terran Alliance - Percussive and militant, but full of dramatic nobility befitting the original home of humanity.

Principality of Atlua - Uplifting and liberating, though still somewhat percussive and full of hope and promise emphasizing its origin as but a humble mining colony which became something larger and greater.

Kaisic Empire - Evil, a “symphony of war” containing everything that can musically demonstrate the darkness of this world before shifting into a boisterous and bombastic battle theme of ultimate war and chaos.

Al-Quhr Theme - Traditional Arabian Music (Egyptian) style, possibly electronica replacing the stringed instruments in the example given, and starting slow but building and maintaining a faster and upbeat tempo to demonstrate the people's simple but powerful adherence to tradition and their history.

Do these brief descriptions of each piece sound like they more or less capture the vibe of what you're looking for?

Again please feel free to suggest changes to the descriptions as necessary. The more accurate the description I use as my reference, the more likely I will be able to provide exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks guys!

@ChoShadow

Heya! I really like your music! I was wondering if perhaps you'd be interested in maybe doing some composing for Hearthbound, a quest log of mine? Or perhaps Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Corruption and Purity, if I ever get that up and running again...

Hearthbound is a quest log following a Homestuck feel, about kids that play this game together... there's lots of official Homestuck music you could dig through. There's anything from tense to lighthearted to 8-bit to intense orchestrated, so go nuts with this one. Where we're at in the plot is actually just before the inciting indecent, and I was thinking about making an animation to kick off the plot... some simple but tense music to go with it would be nice. Something like the music below for the animation would work wonderfully.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Corruption and Purity is about a world filled only with Pokemon, where parasitic crystals are slowly taking over the inhabitants of this wold and turning them into basically zombies until their bodies solidify into crystalline structures. Music for PMD:CaP should have a handheld game feel to it, 8-bit, 16-bit, that kind of music, while also providing a feel of an apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic world. A few short dungeon themes that could loop, perhaps an overworld theme... I'll provide some examples below. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@ChoShadow Yeah. That's pretty much Atlus in a nutshell. But I have a small request. Let's say the theme is about 3 or so minutes long, around the last 45 seconds, could you maybe warp the theme slightly before it cuts into static/silence for the last 10 seconds? 

Its a subtle hint that not everything is at it seems on Atlus. I'm planning for some in-fighting to happen soon.

@ChoShadow Yeah. That's pretty much Atlus in a nutshell. But I have a small request. Let's say the theme is about 3 or so minutes long, around the last 45 seconds, could you maybe warp the theme slightly before it cuts into static/silence for the last 10 seconds? 

Its a subtle hint that not everything is at it seems on Atlus. I'm planning for some in-fighting to happen soon.

woah more spoilers. first the death flag and now this. 

@TPBx, @Panzer, @Wandering Grim Hollow, @spongedog, @Soul Stealer

Hey guys.

Just a quick check in to make sure I have the basic descriptions of each piece right and make sure I set myself up properly once I do find the time to get started (yay for planning ahead!). I work best with brief descriptions as references when I'm composing, so please do read these and make sure they capture the basic principle of the music you're looking for and suggest changes if necessary.

United Terran Alliance - Percussive and militant, but full of dramatic nobility befitting the original home of humanity.

Principality of Atlus - Uplifting and liberating, though still somewhat percussive and full of hope and promise emphasizing its origin as but a humble mining colony which became something larger and greater.

Kaisic Empire - Evil, a “symphony of war” containing everything that can musically demonstrate the darkness of this world before shifting into a boisterous and bombastic battle theme of ultimate war and chaos.

Al-Quhr Theme - Traditional Arabian Music (Egyptian) style, possibly electronica replacing the stringed instruments in the example given, and starting slow but building and maintaining a faster and upbeat tempo to demonstrate the people's simple but powerful adherence to tradition and their history.

Do these brief descriptions of each piece sound like they more or less capture the vibe of what you're looking for?

Again please feel free to suggest changes to the descriptions as necessary. The more accurate the description I use as my reference, the more likely I will be able to provide exactly what you're looking for.

Thanks guys!

Looks and sounds about right. Also, I posted the link to the RP in my original post. If you need more substance to work off of, you can read through some posts and what not. You can also use our CS Sheets as they contain everything you need to know about each faction, ie. vehicles, soldiers, space ships, important people, etc. Then just imagine stuff like, the grand UTA Navy coming out of warp with a hundred ships, an Al-Quhr Dunestrider walking alone on the icy world of Ademar, the Noblemen of Atlus addressing crowds of thousands of people, or a swarm of Kaisic Soldat Droids overwhelming their opposition in a heated desert battle.

are you still taking requests? Because I have a fairly interesting character you'd might enjoy composing for ^^

My last final is tomorrow, and I have a list of people who are waiting on themes who asked before you so I hope it's okay if I take time to get to you guys.

oi you forgot to mention me 

Also, my finals start friday this week, and take all the time you want.

@ChoShadow

Heya! I really like your music! I was wondering if perhaps you'd be interested in maybe doing some composing for Hearthbound, a quest log of mine? Or perhaps Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Corruption and Purity, if I ever get that up and running again...

Hearthbound is a quest log following a Homestuck feel, about kids that play this game together... there's lots of official Homestuck music you could dig through. There's anything from tense to lighthearted to 8-bit to intense orchestrated, so go nuts with this one. Where we're at in the plot is actually just before the inciting indecent, and I was thinking about making an animation to kick off the plot... some simple but tense music to go with it would be nice. Something like the music below for the animation would work wonderfully.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Corruption and Purity is about a world filled only with Pokemon, where parasitic crystals are slowly taking over the inhabitants of this wold and turning them into basically zombies until their bodies solidify into crystalline structures. Music for PMD:CaP should have a handheld game feel to it, 8-bit, 16-bit, that kind of music, while also providing a feel of an apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic world. A few short dungeon themes that could loop, perhaps an overworld theme... I'll provide some examples below. 

I'll add your request to my list and see what I can do.

are you still taking requests? Because I have a fairly interesting character you'd might enjoy composing for ^^

I am, though my list is getting rather long so your theme would have to wait a while before it's complete. As long as you don't mind that, request away.

oi you forgot to mention me 

Also, my finals start friday this week, and take all the time you want.

Sorry. I posted right before I went to bed and I only looked at one previous post with tags to see who I needed to address and your tag wasn't there. It may have even been your message. I was tired. Lol.

Wow, you really got what I meant! Again, thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

Lol.

School is in fact over, so I shall get to work on their theme post haste. I can't promise when it will be done though. Music is a finicky thing, after all.

Oh, I know... My Mother is a composer.  I'm just pestering you because I can.  :smile9:

Oooohohoho. Now this looks fun. Thankfully, I don't have anything to really "request" at the moment. Besides, you're up the wall with these at is. I do have a question, though: what software do you mainly use? FL Studio?

@ChoShadow

Oooohohoho. Now this looks fun. Thankfully, I don't have anything to really "request" at the moment. Besides, you're up the wall with these at is. I do have a question, though: what software do you mainly use? FL Studio?

@ChoShadow

My DAW is Logic Pro X (mac guy, primarily) and my software is the EW Composer Cloud Collection, though I do have the Vienna Symphonic Orchestra Special Edition Essential Orchestra sounds as well to back them up and give a little bit of extra oomph when needed.

I have a request:

Character Name: Elrakin, Farseer of Ulthwe

Description: [COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]Elrakin was once a warrior of the Warp Spiders. He defended his craftworld of Ulthwe from the daemons of the Eye of Terror. After many passes of fighting, his purpose of staying on the Path of Warrior lost its meaning. Upon quelling his spiritual rage, he turned to the Path of the Seer to seek the secrets of the skein. Like the most powerful of warlocks, he became lost on the Path of the Seer and became a farseer. He worked closely with farseer Eldrad Ulthran, the most powerful farseer of the eldar, if not the most powerful psyker, of the time. He learned many a skill from Ulthran over the passes until the farseer had nothing left to teach Elrakin. After proving his skill in wading through the countless webs of the skein, he ascended to the Seer Council of Ulthwe. Once he was a student of Eldrad Ulthran, but now, he is his equal. He now watches over the fate of his craftworld with diligence that oft leaves him weakened. During his watches, he takes his mind and body to the limit. The other members of the Seer Council implore him to take a few cycles to rest before he takes himself to far and perishes, but he ignores their advise; for he believes his life is nothing compared to the lives of Ulthwe. Elrakin is calm when idle; however, upon entering the battlefield, is former warrior-lifestyle takes over and enters a deadly battle-rage. Swift and skilled (on top of his powerful abilities as a psyker), he is a formidable force to face.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(152, 157, 160)]Example:[/COLOR]

@ChoShadow

Lemme know when you're ready to take a big order. I might cancel my previous one if you aren't that far along on it to make way for this one...

@ChoShadow

Lemme know when you're ready to take a big order. I might cancel my previous one if you aren't that far along on it to make way for this one...

@ChoShadow

Sadly I haven't even been able to start on yours as I'm still dealing with holiday stuff and things and trying to conceptualize some of the earlier requests. If you'd really like to cancel the previous one and give me the lowdown on the big order you have for me, I can write it down and be ready for it once I'm done with the others.

Sadly I haven't even been able to start on yours as I'm still dealing with holiday stuff and things and trying to conceptualize some of the earlier requests. If you'd really like to cancel the previous one and give me the lowdown on the big order you have for me, I can write it down and be ready for it once I'm done with the others.

That's okay! I think i'm going to cancel my previous order to do the big one.

Hello, I happened to see your topic of awesome musics here and just had to get in on this action. If you are still open, would you be okay with doing a little theme for one of my babies (Characters)?

* The name of the role-play/character

Francis Kankii

* A basic description (about a paragraph will do) of the role-play/character

This is Francis. He is an abnormal character. He first started out as an asshole to just about anyone. He was stern and serious, hated joking around and wasting his time on "fun". As a scientist, he worked day and night for weeks on end, he wouldn't even take a day off to spend time with his girlfriend (whom he sexualized almost all the time). One day, whilst in the lab doing his daily job of experiments, he got into an accident that caused his whole lab to explode and although he survived, he was in a coma for a few months.

When he finally cam to, he was acting strange and different from how he used to be. His girlfriend and doctors soon found out that the accident had changed him, making him less stern and more playful. While he's still serious about his job, he's more willing to take time off to spend with his girlfriend and keep her happy. He's a bit of a suck up and if he doesn't get his way, he begins to get super depressed.

Examples of some of his moments below.

Francis was busy cooking as his wife was doing god knew what. He hummed, letting the dinner simmer and looked at the time. “Baby, Xavier'll be here soon, are you decent?” He called.
“Y-Yes… finally…” She slowly walked towards him as she had her hand on her back for some support. “How do I look?” She asked sighing a little. She wore a nice long yellow dress with some lace and a bow to match. She had put her hair up into a bun for the occasion.
“Pregnant.” He chuckled before taking her free hand and twirling her. “No, you’re just as beautiful as ever.”
She blushed a bit and smiled. “I’m glad. I don’t like walking so slowly like this. I came down the stairs and I was already winded…”
“It’s a common thing amongst pregnant women, baby, no need to feel embarrassed.” He kissed her hand and led her to the table. “Dinner is just finishing up. He should be here soon.”
Francis walked to the door, opening it. “Xavier, welcome to my humble abode!”
Xavier smiled a bit and thanked him. “Thank you very much for inviting me sir.”
“Come in, come in, my wife is at the table. Please, don’t make her get up. She’s a bit embarrassed of her size.” He whispered.
“I-I see… How much longer till she’s due then?” He asked curiously.
“A few months yet but a woman’s body begins to show at three.” He let him in and closed the door, leading him to the dining room as he spoke. “Did you know that the longest pregnancy in humans on record is 375 days? That’s 12 ½ months.”
Francis grinned, standing there straight. “Did you also know that during pregnancy, if the mother suffers organ damage, the baby in the womb sends stem cells to repair the damaged organ?” He said proudly. 
“Wow, that’s incredible!” Xavier said amazed.
“Dear, you should go watch the food before you burn it.” Katie spoke up smiling a bit.
Francis gasped, jumping. “Oh me, oh my!” He cried and ran into the kitchen.

* An example piece of music which has the same overall style or presentation that you are looking for

I enjoy the science feeling it has, which reminds me of Francis as well as how it goes between serious and playful tones much like how Francis is serious about his work but playful any other time. I don't exactly know how to explain what I think would be good but I hope you could come up with something from what I've given you. I trust in your abilities, I believe in you :)

Hi there!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get to you. Anyway, I don't have a full piece of music for you yet, but what I do have is a basic concept which I composed in my lower quality software (because it's faster and easier to work with).

The theme begins with a dark and melancholy intro which references the incident which changes him. It's melancholy due to the fact that this incident happened at all, coupled with the fear and sadness of his doctors and his girlfriend of perhaps losing him and all that he is, or was. This concept stops rather suddenly on a hit and, if you approve of what I have so far, will jump into a call and response tune featuring the serious version of the theme and the happy/casual version of the theme.

The theme itself is stated in this concept by the piano, horns, and flutes. If you approve of what I have so far, when I upgrade it to my higher grade software there will be two further versions which represent the serious and casual sides of his consciousness. The two versions will play off of each other and bounce back and forth like a crazy little mental conversation, as per your example.

https://soundcloud.com/shadow574/francis-kankii

Let me know what you think of the theme as it stands thus far in concept, and if you like it I will get to work on the high quality version.

Hi there!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get to you. Anyway, I don't have a full piece of music for you yet, but what I do have is a basic concept which I composed in my lower quality software (because it's faster and easier to work with).

The theme begins with a dark and melancholy intro which references the incident which changes him. It's melancholy due to the fact that this incident happened at all, coupled with the fear and sadness of his doctors and his girlfriend of perhaps losing him and all that he is, or was. This concept stops rather suddenly on a hit and, if you approve of what I have so far, will jump into a call and response tune featuring the serious version of the theme and the happy/casual version of the theme.

The theme itself is stated in this concept by the piano, horns, and flutes. If you approve of what I have so far, when I upgrade it to my higher grade software there will be two further versions which represent the serious and casual sides of his consciousness. The two versions will play off of each other and bounce back and forth like a crazy little mental conversation, as per your example.

https://soundcloud.com/shadow574/francis-kankii

Let me know what you think of the theme as it stands thus far in concept, and if you like it I will get to work on the high quality version.

Oh wow, I love it so far! Gosh it's better than I could imagine! Yes, please!Can't wait for the other versions, the concept sounds awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back