• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Would You Like To Build a Kingdom~? (Isekai/FxF)

That Lass Over There

Constant Panic
To you isekai fans: Tsuki ga Michibuku, Death Mage, Overlord. There, you now understand my craving.

To those of you non-isekai fans: Don't worry! I promise I won't shun you, and we don't even have to play this as an isekai, I just like that as a fun little element. P.S, Isekai means "another world" in japanese - it's used as a tag for stories that involve characters being transported or reincarnated into another world.

We're free to talk more about specifics in PMs, but my general idea went something like this: Our characters get isekai'd, and through a natural progression of events they just can't catch a break, ending up responsible for hundreds or thousands of lives before they know it. I want to play charismatic characters that earn their followers, through strength, wit, ideals, or a combination of the three. It would be a world that seems light on the surface but would have various troubles - corrupt leaders, backwards traditions, discrimination, and/or a crushing power difference between people and their enemies. I also like war, science, and politics, so depending on the characters you can expect quite a bit of that.

One of the main points I want to hit on that might clue in some as to why I chose Tsuki and Overlord as examples is fanaticism. I absolutely love to see characters place all their faith on the shoulders of one individual, and the lengths they go to to repay their debts to that individual or further that individual's goals. I got goosebumps from that scene over one hundred chapters into Tsuki where the inhabitants of Asora finally had an opportunity to do something for their ruler, and I love every moment the guardians of Nazarick are doing something in relation to Ainz, a literal creator in their eyes that they've sworn absolute fealty to.

Well, enough talking about what I want to do! Time to talk about what you can expect from me, and what I expect from you.
  • I'm a college kid now, so my schedule is f----d. Expect me to be on at random times on weekdays, and really random times on weekends.
  • I aim for at least a post a day! My track record for this is... Very inconsistent. I try though, and sometimes I manage. (I don't expect this from you, though I do ask for at least one post a week to keep interest going)
  • I prefer to RP in PMs. It's easier for me to keep track of, and because of discord notifications I know you've replied the moment you do. (doesn't mean I'll be able to reply instantly, but you might at least get a cookie)
  • I say when I lose interest, and try to figure out a new roleplay to try. I hope you do too, since I really don't like dragging my friends through things they aren't enjoying.
  • In spite of the FxF tag, I don't actually view romance as a must have~ I'm perfectly fine with our characters having a purely platonic relationship.
  • I'm worse than a mom when it comes to worrying. If you're silent for more than three days, I'm gonna start having nightmares about what has happened to you. Please don't be silent for more than three days. (This is a real thing, I am a worrywart)
  • Finally - expect to poke me, a lot. I have the memory of a goldfish, so unless all I'm thinking about that day is our roleplay I am very likely to forget to respond. I try to type replies immediately to get around my crappy memory, but I can't always do that.
- The motivation for building a kingdom might be that there is no kingdom that accepts the races of our protagonists. In example, our characters might be of a race that is regarded as monsters.
- We might not be building an individual kingdom, but a territory that was gifted by a king or lord. This might raise interesting political dynamics as our characters wouldn't be the highest rung on the social pecking order.
- Rather than building a kingdom from scratch, our characters might be trying to revive a kingdom that had fallen to ruin.
- The kingdom might be a step to a goal rather than the goal itself; in example, our characters might decide to unify the rest of the world by creating a country that is a threat to everyone. This has some potential for large or small moral developments, as it is gathering and using masses of people for the goal of a handful of individuals, that might even be selfish in nature.

I think that's about it, but I my be having another episode of forgetfulness. Hope you have a good day!

I got it: 8 people signed up to be part of a science experiment for one reason or another. They're told that they can expect to be gone for an indefinite period of time, but at least months.
Turns out that everyone gets warped into a world and they can't get out unless some certain grand event happens. The subjects are supposed to bring about this event, but some people just like the idea of having power and want to stay there forever instead.
Picture it as a medieval world where these 8 people are the only ones in the world able to use magic~

I got it: 8 people signed up to be part of a science experiment for one reason or another. They're told that they can expect to be gone for an indefinite period of time, but at least months.
Turns out that everyone gets warped into a world and they can't get out unless some certain grand event happens. The subjects are supposed to bring about this event, but some people just like the idea of having power and want to stay there forever instead.
Picture it as a medieval world where these 8 people are the only ones in the world able to use magic~
Sounds fun! I'll send you a PM in a minute, gotta do a reply.

This could be fun, though unlike Clairikins I don't exactly have a plot in mind

Wow, I'm surprised at how many people bit on this. I was under the impression that nation building was pretty niche on RPN.

Venchi1986 Venchi1986 No worries if you don't have a plot or gimmick in mind! It's pretty normal for there to be a whole bunch of planning either way. I'll send you a PM in a minute, want to finish reading a chapter.

Hello! I'd love to try out the, revive a fallen kingdom concept, but I'm also okay with any other ideas or plots that we might be able to come up with should we decide to roleplay together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back