Other Would you date yourself?

Ah, absolutely. We'd have so much in common. Love the same things, hate the same things, laugh at the same messed up things. Also I'd finally have somebody who shares the same interest in music. No longer in my time machine alone.

idk?
I personally think im great
but I know I'm bipolar as fuck

so two stupid-gorgeous, bipolar versions of me?
nah fam we would kill each other

Absolutely yeah. I know what I want more than any other schmuck on this planet. While I do tend to hide my emotions I am also very empathetic and can read emotions pretty well. I like to be diplomatic and work out issues but will do anything to avoid aggressive conflict. We'd super get along and no one has better opinions about stuff than yourself, right? (Jokingly of course) Lol

Absolutely not.

I am really a pretty bad partner to date. If it's a serious relationship, great. To date, and we might fall into a few problems.

Why I wouldn't date myself (and why I'm particularly reluctant to "date")

I'm obsessive
To my immense irritation, I haven't actually found a way for this to be useful yet, other than knowing loads about two franchises I like. When I want something, I want it all. I don't do casual, which has sent more than one of my friends running.

Compatibility - fine

I'm remarkably selfish
As hinted at above, I am rather selfish. I want my partner to be around when I want them, and yet when I need my personal space, I'm pretty uncomfortable to be around.

Compatibility - a problem

I'm seriously possessive
If you haven't guessed by now, here it is. I don't like my partners to have loads of friends or a really active social life, preferring that they only have a few friends. And if I have a problem with these friends, I'm rarely quiet about it, which has lost me a friend in the past. Also, don't even think about disappearing all night without telling me where you are, as in my usual overly paranoid state I will probably assume you've either walked out or you've been stabbed. I need to have a rough idea at least where they are and when they are coming home, or I start worrying.

Compatibility - could be a slight problem, but I don't have many friends.

I'm paranoid
Yeah, all those times I like to disappear to my room for hours on end? Not likely to be happening of I was dating myself. Which would cause so much friction, as I use that time to relax.

Compatibility - None

I like to be cuddled...?
I don't even know what heading to put this under, but I like to be pampered (and give out a little pampering on occasion). Not as in I want swimming pools and fast cars, but more in the mindset of I want a hot chocolate, a cupcake and lets watch a vampire movie at 4am. So I'm not sure how both of us needing this much attention and pampering would work.

Compatibility - unlikely to work

Pros of me dating myself

I can cook and bake (even at really weird times, like 2am)

That random craving you get for gingerbread men at 4 in the morning? No problem, just give me an hour and you'll have your gingerbread men (or some form of gingerbread, shaping admittedly isn't my strong point so much so that somebody bought me an icing gun for christmas).

Compatibility - great, but maybe not for my waistline

I can talk about the fandoms I like

At last! Somebody to talk about why Malekith and Morathi are probably lovers, or why Mor is pretty selfish for allowing Azriel to still pine after her for five hundred years.

Compatibility - awesome

Honestly, I think myself and I would make great friends, but terrible partners.

I'm Bi, so no gender change needed

And absolutely not, about 90% of my personality is self loathing [I'm working on it... but still].

Hell yeah, I would! We would know exactly what makes us tick and how to resolve conflict with each other, we’d have the same goals, we’d spend time together because we’d have the same hobbies, etc. Sociology says homogamy is the greatest indicator of relationship success, and dating your clone is as homogamous as it gets.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who has ridiculously low self esteem and only started practicing self love like a year ago.
Oh I like this idea!

With out a doubt i would date myself. I am not saying i would marry myself or anything, but i am a pretty fun person to date, I would give myself a shot

Why am I laughing so hard? Oh right, everyone is saying nope. Well, that doesn't stop me from saying I wouldn't either. I feel bad for whoever is tolerant enough to spend the rest of their life with me haha

Probs not. I have a jackass kinda vibe but I would have to be wit a person who shows way more emotion than I do. Otherwise he probs both luv each other or hate each other, but don nobody damn know 4 sure. 💀💀💀💀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back