Other Would you date yourself?

ShadowHounder

Darkness (Favorite Food: Steak)
As the humble (research) title implies: I am asking the simple question of if you were able to create a clone of yourself that is of the gender of your sexual desire... would you date them?

This thought came about when I placed a connection between relationships and tolerance... as most people date/marry the person they tolerate the most of their friend circle (because even friends need long breaks from each other). Since a lot of living is accepting yourself for who you are and being about to "tolerate" the things you hate about the person you are... I became curious just how similar love and self love are by asking this question and seeing what the responses are.

You don't need to explain why, just a simple yes or no will do :3

h e l l n o

i have a hard time showing my true feelings. when it comes to people that i have a crush on, or that i care for, i tend to "bully" them. it isn't done on purpose, but feeling vulnerable around a person causes my defenses to go up and jokes and jabs naturally spew out.

despite coming off as bitchy and cold, i'm quite emotionally vulnerable and cannot stand the fact that somebody might dislike me. therefore, if i were to crush on myself and "bully" them, i might take it literally and end up getting hurt.

h e l l n o

i have a hard time showing my true feelings. when it comes to people that i have a crush on, or that i care for, i tend to "bully" them. it isn't done on purpose, but feeling vulnerable around a person causes my defenses to go up and jokes and jabs naturally spew out.

despite coming off as bitchy and cold, i'm quite emotionally vulnerable and cannot stand the fact that somebody might dislike me. therefore, if i were to crush on myself and "bully" them, i might take it literally and end up getting hurt.
Funny how that's almost the exact reason I'd dump myself XD

Haha no, because I once used an app that allowed me to see what I would like as a man and I looked exactly like my dad soooo.....

Wait. Does your clone just look exactly like you? Or are they the same age as you, with all of your memories?
Same age, same personality. their memories and appearance don't have to be exact (besides, how else are you supposed to date a clone of yourself that is the opposite gender?)

Dating an exact replica of myself would be b o r i n g. I don't want to be with someone with the exact same attitudes, weaknesses, strengths and goals as I do. I want someone else to share a life and experiences with, who is interesting because they're not the same as me -- with their own interests and aspirations -- who can make up for what I lack and for whom I can make up what they lack.

Hell yeah, I would! We would know exactly what makes us tick and how to resolve conflict with each other, we’d have the same goals, we’d spend time together because we’d have the same hobbies, etc. Sociology says homogamy is the greatest indicator of relationship success, and dating your clone is as homogamous as it gets.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who has ridiculously low self esteem and only started practicing self love like a year ago.

I mean, I would kiss myself maybe...

God this is an awkward question. Like, I'm asexual. Or am I? Would I date myself? Why does this make things so complicated and philisophical!

Well I'm aromantic so that would be kind of awkward. I'm not even entirely sure I have a sexual orientation, I think I'm heterosexual though.

So assuming my clone was not also aromantic that would be extremely awkward and would probably result in both of us just being super antisocial and shy. If we managed to get one or the other of us talking about shared interests though we'd probably be happy geeking out about stuff.

If however my clone was also aromantic than I think the beginning would probably be the same (I'm a kind of shy person and it can take me a bit to warm up to new people). But once we got to the geeking out part and one of us worked up the nerve to say - Yeah relationships stuff gives me hives. Than I think we'd probably get along great. Basically it would like having a twin brother I think.

I think we would be great friends, but I'm not sure about dating. I would prefer to date someone different from me so that we could complete each other, rather than mirror.

I would say no.
I am a high functioning wreck. (anxiety, depression,etc) and when I have a meltdown I can't comfort myself so I feel liek If I dated myself it would be toxic probably...idk.

I wouldn't mind. Everyone's said no so far but meh.

I don't really get into arguments with my ex's or anything of the sort. Maybe some spatters here and there. Having the same goals and what not is nice cause then you can do what you love with the person you love. Working out, playing games, writing stories, watching movies. Why not. Might be a little claustrophobic but I don't really have issues being around the people I truly like or love.

Who knows. I'm weird. :)

This is a surprisingly hard question...

There are certainly a lot of advantages in my personality that would lend themselves to a "yes" answer- shared beliefs , values and interests, an ease of communication and some natural inclinations to help and the like. There is one more advantage I came up with at least, being a switch, though I will leave that to the informed.

That said, when I consider the disadvantages it would just be too disfunctional. A great lack of surprises most likely, stalling, my ego...

I really don't know. I'll say maybe yes, though I would have to be in a relationship at some point to say what factors I might be forgetting and whatnot.

I mean.. isn't it borderline incest?

d e f o not, im way to argumentative and my temper is like a short lit fuse. i barely wanna be around myself most of the time let alone date me. that and im also a nerd, who likes nerds :')

I mean.. isn't it borderline incest?
Incest is mostly wrong because of the power dynamics, and also it's a genetic nightmare. So if you reproduced with yourself, yeah, your kids might be mutants. But I think this is more emotions than sex so iss fiine.

Hell yeah, I would. A female version of myself would be both caring and gorgeous.

Helllllll no!
I'm possibly the least datable person alive. I'm an asshole.
No wonder I'm still single.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back