Would this make a good character?

Fangs9090

Total Video Game Nerd
Supporter
So, I have this idea, but I'm not sure how well it would actually work.

Basically, the character is in something close to a permanent coma. They remain asleep regardless of what's happening around them, unless their life is threatened. If something threatens their life, they will wake up and unleash their incredible power and fighting skill to neutralize the threat before promptly passing out again until the next threat arrives.

"As you enter the room, you notice a seemingly dead body laid on a stone slab. When you approach, looking for valuables, the body abrubtly raise himself in a sitting position before grabbing you by the troath, his grip is of inhuman strength and he procced to throw you on the other side of the room with just one hand. He seems to be in a state of intense rage."

Good concept for a character but not for a player character.

I can see some kind of ancient warrior that has been cursed having that behaviour, but not someone I actually want to play with. It's not really fun to play with an unconsious or dead body. It should be a secondary character or a trap but not something for a player. 

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking, but I wasn't completely sure.

Also, what I had in mind was more like someone is trying to keep the unconscious person safe from harming because they're being hunted for some reason, and they only really wake up when someone's charging them with a weapon or something, then they go pulling off combos from fighting games and such.

Basically, the character is in something close to a permanent coma. They remain asleep regardless of what's happening around them, unless their life is threatened. If something threatens their life, they will wake up and unleash their incredible power and fighting skill to neutralize the threat before promptly passing out again until the next threat arrives.

Damn. Sounds like a infinite nuke or some sort of RPG weapon. Just shrink this bastard and hold him in front of any dangerous thing and he'll kill it for you. 

Yeah, pretty much. Unless they perceive you as a threat since you're basically putting them in harm's way. Then you're screwed.

The idea of roleplaying is to interact. That kind of character can't be your only character in a roleplay, because that would be a recipe for boredom.

E.g. If your character is left alone, you're stuck unable to advance the plot.

If it's NPC or secondary character, or part of a pair it might work with the other character acting as the "mouth" and point of interaction with other players

Cool character concept, but as many others before me have pointed out:

It would be boring to roleplay as that character, unless it's just a secondary character.

I have to agree with the masses. This kind of interesting gimmicky characters are best suited as wanderers or mentors. NPCs rather then MCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back