• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy World's Worst Adventurers Party

FungKu

A Magical Sprite
Well nothing much to say

We live in a fantasy medieval world of magic and mythical creatures.
Dungeons exists and the best way to make fast stacks of gold is to do quests.

We are the most incompetent party.
But we somehow get the job done.

Who is interested ? At least 5-6 people.

-posting requirements?
-magic system?
-faceclaims?
-character restrictions?
-RP will take place in threads, correct?

This literally has me thinking of KonoSuba (which is a great anime might I add)
I'm interested!

Looking for another to join the rally of incompetent peoples?

I could use a healer that faints at the sight of gore. Or use a cursed person who can see at night but is purely blind during the day.

I legitimately already have an entire character sheet ready that I've been working on for this rp
I might be a little bit excited

Oh thanks for being interested everyone!
More details

Magic system is basic, Make your own chants and describe the spell, not TOO OP.
Posting requirements at least a paragraph, no one liners please.
Use any face ya want.
And THREAD RP yes.

CS can be posted here, First come first serve
0/5

(ayy lmao)

Karnstein Doubloon.

Early 20’s | Male | Straight | Human

Class - Coinmancer.

What the name suggests is what the class does. A Coinmancer is an extremely specific field of arcane arts that utilizes the hidden strength hidden within coins of all kinds. Coinmancers are also known as Lootmancers for their uncanny ability. The used coins usually don’t have any pricing for them since they are either crafted, created by transforming original coins, or found as loot in dungeons and whatnot, but they still might cost something to someone who knows about these coins. Using actual money as ammunition or 'coinage' of you will isn't restricted or anything, but depending on the price of the coin and the material it is made out of different results may occur. For example, golden coins are volatile explosives that have an unstable energy stored within, while copper coins are capable of making entire bushes grow in a spot they land in just a matter of seconds or only a few minutes.

Weaponized coins have different appearances, such as “Harm Coins” that always have some semblance of weaponry on one of their sides. “Shield Coins” have, unexpectedly I know, a shield on one of their sides and are used for protection and deflection, “Heal Coins” have some semblance of a medical caduceus on one of their sides and so on. To use a coin, a Coinmancer has to spend a moment to use their own power within themselves to drag the power of the coin out, then toss the coin for wanted effect. Depending on the user’s luck, some coins may simply not work or completely backfire, such as a "Harm Coin" taking a complete 180 and chasing the user.
This ability can not be learned, and users of coinmancy are borned with their powers to manipulate money.

Appearance - Karnstein is relatively tall, as he stands at 6'0 with unkempt light blonde hair. The young man has a fair skin and golden hazy eyes. His muscular capabilties leave a lot to be desired, but he compensates that with dexterity and unbelievable luck. Unbelievable as in how unlucky he is most of the time. The Coinmancer usually wears a long green jacket with a brown leather bottom, studded leather armor underneath the fancy clothing, matching green baggy pants and thick brown shoes. Karnstein also wears a magical item - Vampire’s Grasp, red scaled gauntlets with metal diamond-shaped plates on the knuckles and black leather covering the hand, which cures his wounds ever so slightly for causing damage to other beings. This effect, however, appears to be barely effective at the moment.

The young man also carries a very special coin with himself - the “Luck Coin”. This coin has to be flipped to be used, and can be used by anyone. One side grants the user incredible luck, making their next move that has a probability chance of him failing a guaranteed critical success, but the other side does the complete opposite turning their next move into a critical failure. The catch? The game is rigged from the start, as the coin is weighted towards the unlucky side.

Personality - Karnstein is a particularly peculiar individual. The man says outrageously obscure things such as “YEET” and calls plenty of people “chief”. He says it’s for the sake of entertainment, but it rarely appears as funny or amusing. However, that doesn’t stop the Coinmancer from making plenty of jokes regardless of the situation. Karnstein is a lighthearted fellow that stays optimistic and humorous all the time, but his actions can easily be considered reckless. I'd like to reveal the rest IRP, but if I have to, I'll post it.

Background - I’d rather reveal this IRP, but if needed, I’ll copy and paste the actual background here.

Equipment.
  • Coinmancer’s “Change Pouch” with approximately 7 or so differentiating coins.
  • Coinmancer’s Tools.
  • Vampire’s Grasp.
  • Studded Leather Armor.
  • “Luck Coin”.

(ayy lmao)

Karnstein Doubloon.

Early 20’s | Male | Straight | Human

Class - Coinmancer.

What the name suggests is what the class does. A Coinmancer is an extremely specific field of arcane arts that utilizes the hidden strength hidden within coins of all kinds. Coinmancers are also known as Lootmancers for their uncanny ability. The used coins usually don’t have any pricing for them since they are either crafted, created by transforming original coins, or found as loot in dungeons and whatnot, but they still might cost something to someone who knows about these coins. Using actual money as ammunition or 'coinage' of you will isn't restricted or anything, but depending on the price of the coin and the material it is made out of different results may occur. For example, golden coins are volatile explosives that have an unstable energy stored within, while copper coins are capable of making entire bushes grow in a spot they land in just a matter of seconds or only a few minutes.

Weaponized coins have different appearances, such as “Harm Coins” that always have some semblance of weaponry on one of their sides. “Shield Coins” have, unexpectedly I know, a shield on one of their sides and are used for protection and deflection, “Heal Coins” have some semblance of a medical caduceus on one of their sides and so on. To use a coin, a Coinmancer has to spend a moment to use their own power within themselves to drag the power of the coin out, then toss the coin for wanted effect. Depending on the user’s luck, some coins may simply not work or completely backfire, such as a "Harm Coin" taking a complete 180 and chasing the user.
This ability can not be learned, and users of coinmancy are borned with their powers to manipulate money.

Appearance - Karnstein is relatively tall, as he stands at 6'0 with unkempt light blonde hair. The young man has a fair skin and golden hazy eyes. His muscular capabilties leave a lot to be desired, but he compensates that with dexterity and unbelievable luck. Unbelievable as in how unlucky he is most of the time. The Coinmancer usually wears a long green jacket with a brown leather bottom, studded leather armor underneath the fancy clothing, matching green baggy pants and thick brown shoes. Karnstein also wears a magical item - Vampire’s Grasp, red scaled gauntlets with metal diamond-shaped plates on the knuckles and black leather covering the hand, which cures his wounds ever so slightly for causing damage to other beings. This effect, however, appears to be barely effective at the moment.

The young man also carries a very special coin with himself - the “Luck Coin”. This coin has to be flipped to be used, and can be used by anyone. One side grants the user incredible luck, making their next move that has a probability chance of him failing a guaranteed critical success, but the other side does the complete opposite turning their next move into a critical failure. The catch? The game is rigged from the start, as the coin is weighted towards the unlucky side.

Personality - Karnstein is a particularly peculiar individual. The man says outrageously obscure things such as “YEET” and calls plenty of people “chief”. He says it’s for the sake of entertainment, but it rarely appears as funny or amusing. However, that doesn’t stop the Coinmancer from making plenty of jokes regardless of the situation. Karnstein is a lighthearted fellow that stays optimistic and humorous all the time, but his actions can easily be considered reckless. I'd like to reveal the rest IRP, but if I have to, I'll post it.

Background - I’d rather reveal this IRP, but if needed, I’ll copy and paste the actual background here.

Equipment.

• Coinmancer’s “Change Pouch” with approximately 7 or so differentiating coins.
  • Coinmancer’s Tools.
  • Vampire’s Grasp.
  • Studded Leather Armor.
  • “Luck Coin”.

Well there's the first
1/5

First come first serve

Dorg (No last name)
Dwarf | ('round 45)

Incompetence
A dwarf that gets tired after 3 swings and needs to take a 30minutes rest. Fourth swing is possible but he may faint from exhaustion.

He can cook delicious meals but the visual quality is terrible.
(Food looks BAD very bad, like purple sizzling bubbling bad, but it tastes good and edible)
Accent is barely understandable, in short almost incomprehensible
Also he has a very good nose, which is a gift and a curse.

Appearance
A bit shorter than the other Dwarves (4'7'')
Brown braided hair and a bushy brown beard.
Dark brown eyes, and a nose at a size of a potato.
He wears a chain mail armor, leather boots and pants, and also a iron helmet that is a little loose for his head. Around his waist are pouches filled with either accessories (tablewares, knives, etc) and spices.
He can be seen carrying a large bag mostly filled with kitchen utensils, food and a sleeping bag. And booze. LOTS OF BOOZE.
He carries a Sledgehammer is his main weapon and a hunting knife as his emergency.

Personality
Dorg is a bit different from the other Dwarves. He is calm and quite friendly too. But there's only one slight problem when approaching Dorg, he cannot be understood.
The heaviness of his accent makes him very, VERY, incomprehensible. Some people tend to guess what he is saying, or Dorg would just show them what he means by doing hand signals. And just like any dwarves, he LOVES to drink.
Approaching a drunken Dorg is ill advised, he may force you to sing with him an old dwarven folk songs, but mostly it's only him singing, and you cant even understand what he's singing.
Other dwarves can understand his accent, or people who have spent a lot of time in dwarven cities.
Dorg tries to avoid fights as much as possible, but a dwarf needs his gold so he joins other parties as a support unit. He carries the heavy stuffs and he cooks for them too. But mostly other parties think of him as a dead weight so not many people invite him to their group.

(History will be known during RP)

Equipments
1 Iron helmet
1 Chain mail
1 Leather pants and boots
5 pairs of spoon and fork
1 set of knives
1 cast iron pan
1 pot
Cooking utensils
Crazy amount of spices
1 Sledgehammer
1 Hunting knife
A bag filled with food and booze

Last edited:
1547801204316.png
Theodora O'Hare
Mid-twenties | Female | Bisexual | Witch
----
APPEARANCE
Height: 5'5"
Body type: Lean and toned
Hair: Dark, cool brown - almost black. Usually pinned up in a messy bun
Eyes: Golden, burnt yellow in the dark and fogged-over during the day
Skin tone: Fair with pink undertones
Markings: Witch's mark on her forehand and runes inscribed in her left arm

Theo, before the curse, was fond of running with the animals that lived beside her mother's small farm. Promoting a high metabolism, the woman was quick on her feet if familiar with her surroundings. Unfortunately, her travel was made rather difficult due to her unfortunate encounter with a mythical deity. The goal had been to collect a few petals from the everlasting flowers of the goddess' shrine for a spell, but her result had been a curse that left her blind in the light but not the dark. When her vision was clear, her eyes turned back to their normal yellow, but during her blind spells, her eyes fogged over. She was forced to find her way back to her mother's old farm and adapt to the new lifestyle.

PERSONALITY
Positive traits: Determined, calm, sense of humor
Negative traits: Apathetic, irritable, dishonest
Strengths: Regenerative magic/spells, astounding vision in the dark
Weaknesses: Blind during the day or in brightly lit areas, unapologetically kind people, warm blankets, hand-to-hand combat

Her spells consisted mainly of regeneration and other such healing spells, which would be surprising to most due to Theo's more indifferent nature. The witch hardly cared for how others were doing. Her proficiency in regenerative spells were mainly due to her attempts in breaking her curse so she could see normally again. Of course, none worked and now she was excellent at spells that she normally would never use. Still, she needed to find a cure, and found that her best bet would be looking for answers in the dungeons and lore-filled caves of the land. Of course, such areas were infamous for their danger, so Theo realized that she needed to find a party willing to accept a day-blind witch as a member.

ITEMS
Weapons: Spell book, kept in her satchel
Pockets: Enchanted garnet (to add strength to her healing spells)

She wasn't the violent type, so would not be very good with actual fighting besides blinding beasts (and herself) with her Celestial Light spell and occasionally managing to hit something with a burst of light energy. Theo would do much better at aiding others in battle rather than fight the battle herself. Unfortunately, being blind makes it difficult to keep track of what she would be healing. With her powerful spells, she can still manage on her own as long as she didn't heal an enemy on accident.

Elm Elm had posted a character sheet and I can't see it in the thread anymore ):

Oh thanks for being interested everyone!
More details

Magic system is basic, Make your own chants and describe the spell, not TOO OP.
Posting requirements at least a paragraph, no one liners please.
Use any face ya want.
And THREAD RP yes.

CS can be posted here, First come first serve
0/5
Given not all of these are quite what I'd hope, and the number of people who showed interest already more than meets what you are looking for, I'll be calling it quits on this one. Best of luck with the RP though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back