This is great you did a wonderful job.Lil snippets of lore for The High Priest's CovenThe High Priest's Coven is a well known witch's coven settled in New York, NY and founded in 1742. Three witches (Ingrid Priest, Helena Lambert, and Byron Madelon) came together to create this hidden safe haven from non-magic people who some, at the time, were hellbent on killing anyone suspected of being a witch. Ingrid, the main founder of the coven, is thought to be an ancestor of one from the Salem Witch Trials. She was the most powerful known witch, and some still worship her to this day. Since then their three man leadership turned to twelve, now known simply as "The Council".
1. Lady Tellet- Leader of the High Priest's Coven
2. Margaret, Adam- The two council members right below Lady Tellet. They serve as her closest confidants and advisors.
3. Elaina Thiess, Gabriel, Monty, Haley- These four are the coven's initiators tasked with seeking out potential witches for the coven and holding the initiation process.
4. Max, Everest Thiess- The coven's "healers". Although any doctor may do, certain illnesses inflicted from curses may be best looked at by them.
5. Rory, Wendy, Lucas- They make up the bottom of The Council's "pyramid". They serve as a kind of enforcer in the council, making sure all rules are followed.
The aforementioned initiation process is one the coven holds once yearly on any given full moon. It was a tradition held since the beginning, and it's quite an important date. Full moons can often cause many witch's abilities to appear for the first time (Most witches are found and brought in during this time). Of course there are rare exceptions, but not enough to be considered. The process isn't difficult and doesn't take long, depending on the person. One is sought out by the coven's initiators (A rule put in place by Elaina Thiess since her joining) by looking for abnormal events that defy the seasons. In Everest's case, having moths surround her in the middle of a harsh winter. Some witches were known to bring animals out of hibernation, cause leaves from trees to turn color and fall in spring, and even create heat lightning on the coldest days. Each of these events are often surrounded by the specific witch's energy, and are then brought in for further questioning by The Council.
WIP!! It's been a very long night, I will get the rest up tomorrow!