• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Worlds Beyond Ragnarok (Interest check for MMO style RP)

Lordxana0

The gods have fought their final war, now this new virgin world blooms with life. However not all is safe, as the darkness that sought to swallow creation crawls forth from the chaos to once more consume all in its path. Now is a time for heroes to rise to stand against the void and claim this world for their own.

This was the blurb that sold the most popular VRMMO to ever exist in the early 2100's, Worlds Beyond Ragnarok. Players were able to fully experience the game, taste, touch, and sound through use of even the lowest grade VR implants, making it easily accessible for people of all kinds. Using a revolutionary instant translation and full A.I. mastered interface each player would grow their characters differently along with the full blend of races, classes, and special evolution.

Many guilds rose throughout the games history, however one stood above all others, Odyssey, one of the largest and most powerful guilds cleared the way for others, facing even the final world boss and firmly cementing themselves into opening the way for a number of future expansions. Their exploits even reached news outlets and became a number one trending story for almost a solid month, with even talks of movie deals coming out of the final battle.

That is until one day, 99% of the player base of Odyssey simply disappeared. Their accounts deactivated and their items left in the guilds care. There was no reported drama on the forums, and those who knew the other players personally simply said 'they asked for privacy'. The sudden disapperance of the most powerful guild within the game was a mystery once again covered by news sites with no answers being produced.

That is, until a new request hit the forums for the game.

Odyssey now accepting new players. Accounts must be lv. 1 on fresh account. No smurf accounts, no hazing. Players that join will recieve a Legacy of the Gods class weapon upon joining.

And like that the rush was on, some players wanting to claim glory as one of the members of the top ranked guild of all time. Some are hunting the story of what happened to the original crew, and there are some who are just chasing fun.

What kind of player will you be?

Welcome to Worlds Beyond Ragnarok, an RP about people who play a game. So the premise of this doesn't really have much to do with the actual mechanics or running of a proper MMO, in fact the game itself is a secondary mechanic to facilitate player interaction. Players are encouraged to write adventures and drag other players along with them, keep communication going, write when they feel like and drop out when they feel like so long as they write their characters logging off if they are leaving, and just...be. Maybe your character is a roleplayer who gets really into character. Or a serious gamer who is looking to level up to a legend in the guild. A video maker who wants to use this as their chance at fame? Or a reporter hunting the story.

There will be occasional world quests, but players can take them optionally and still build about their personal adventure. This idea came to me as 'what if players had the freedom of a university RP but in a video game?' All this being said keep the characters respectful, just like any game the A.I. admin and the guild leaders reserve the right to purge nonsense from the game.

If you have seen shows like Sword Art Online or the like you kind of know whats going on here, except without the twist of it being a death game or getting lost in another world.

The gods have fought their final war, now this new virgin world blooms with life. However not all is safe, as the darkness that sought to swallow creation crawls forth from the chaos to once more consume all in its path. Now is a time for heroes to rise to stand against the void and claim this world for their own.

This was the blurb that sold the most popular VRMMO to ever exist in the early 2100's, Worlds Beyond Ragnarok. Players were able to fully experience the game, taste, touch, and sound through use of even the lowest grade VR implants, making it easily accessible for people of all kinds. Using a revolutionary instant translation and full A.I. mastered interface each player would grow their characters differently along with the full blend of races, classes, and special evolution.

Many guilds rose throughout the games history, however one stood above all others, Odyssey, one of the largest and most powerful guilds cleared the way for others, facing even the final world boss and firmly cementing themselves into opening the way for a number of future expansions. Their exploits even reached news outlets and became a number one trending story for almost a solid month, with even talks of movie deals coming out of the final battle.

That is until one day, 99% of the player base of Odyssey simply disappeared. Their accounts deactivated and their items left in the guilds care. There was no reported drama on the forums, and those who knew the other players personally simply said 'they asked for privacy'. The sudden disapperance of the most powerful guild within the game was a mystery once again covered by news sites with no answers being produced.

That is, until a new request hit the forums for the game.

Odyssey now accepting new players. Accounts must be lv. 1 on fresh account. No smurf accounts, no hazing. Players that join will recieve a Legacy of the Gods class weapon upon joining.

And like that the rush was on, some players wanting to claim glory as one of the members of the top ranked guild of all time. Some are hunting the story of what happened to the original crew, and there are some who are just chasing fun.

What kind of player will you be?

Welcome to Worlds Beyond Ragnarok, an RP about people who play a game. So the premise of this doesn't really have much to do with the actual mechanics or running of a proper MMO, in fact the game itself is a secondary mechanic to facilitate player interaction. Players are encouraged to write adventures and drag other players along with them, keep communication going, write when they feel like and drop out when they feel like so long as they write their characters logging off if they are leaving, and just...be. Maybe your character is a roleplayer who gets really into character. Or a serious gamer who is looking to level up to a legend in the guild. A video maker who wants to use this as their chance at fame? Or a reporter hunting the story.

There will be occasional world quests, but players can take them optionally and still build about their personal adventure. This idea came to me as 'what if players had the freedom of a university RP but in a video game?' All this being said keep the characters respectful, just like any game the A.I. admin and the guild leaders reserve the right to purge nonsense from the game.

If you have seen shows like Sword Art Online or the like you kind of know whats going on here, except without the twist of it being a death game or getting lost in another world.
Tried getting into one of these last month but it seemed to die off right quick.

More than interested in trying again with this one.

Is Worlds Beyond Ragnarok, in the context of the story, a sequel to Ragnarok Online?

But yeah my eyes are on this.

I have a couple of questions:
A) Will there be any post requirements regarding post length and/or post timing?

B) Will there be any baseline fixed mechanics to this game, or is it literally just whatever each player comes up with aside from the world quests? If so, is it possible to tell us what those mechanics will be?

This looks interesting! I'm assuming the MMO will have a pretty typical class system to build off of?

Wow sorry I haven't gotten back to this, despite watching the thread I didn't receive a single update about anyone's posts! I will try to answer everyone's questions and post a character sheet thing here.. Once again, big oops.

Crow Crow Nope, the title just happens to be similar.

Idea Idea A) While there are no general requirements you should always try to give enough that someone can bounce off your post. But no I am not putting any hard limits on anything.
B) There are mechanics, but they are more used for general flavor and to give an idea of how the characters interact with the world. Large scale mechanics are kept vague to allow for greater freedom when writing.

TheBlackLion TheBlackLion Bingo, of course at higher levels due to the free form nature classes can range from a Lich Necromancer, to an Angelic Paladin, to a Gunslinger. And everything between.

Character Sheets

OOC

Wow sorry I haven't gotten back to this, despite watching the thread I didn't receive a single update about anyone's posts! I will try to answer everyone's questions and post a character sheet thing here.. Once again, big oops.

Crow Crow Nope, the title just happens to be similar.

Idea Idea A) While there are no general requirements you should always try to give enough that someone can bounce off your post. But no I am not putting any hard limits on anything.
B) There are mechanics, but they are more used for general flavor and to give an idea of how the characters interact with the world. Large scale mechanics are kept vague to allow for greater freedom when writing.

TheBlackLion TheBlackLion Bingo, of course at higher levels due to the free form nature classes can range from a Lich Necromancer, to an Angelic Paladin, to a Gunslinger. And everything between.

Character Sheets

OOC

I see. I think I won't be joining this after all then. Thank you answering regardless, and best of luck with the RP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back