• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

World Without Power

Archie

Not even my final form
Supporter
There have been a lot of shows about this with squandered potential, so how about we rallied now and made an epic RP full of intrigue and state building about a world where the electricity suddenly goes dark? Since it'll take months to sail from one end of the earth to another, the RP would take place in North America and we'd all play the founders of states and their dynasties, and citizens there. The word will generally be ignorant as to why the power collapsed, but it would essentially have been caused by an accident of a giant EMP device in the Rockies.

Any interest? Still thinking up a name so drop a line if you got one, even if you don't plan to play!

Very interested! Have you ever read a book called "One Second After"? I highly recommend it if you haven't. It's based on a similar premise.

Heyitsjiwon said:
Very interested! Have you ever read a book called "One Second After"? I highly recommend it if you haven't. It's based on a similar premise.
Naw admittedly I haven't, but I have seen revolution and read some other books on the premise. Glad you're interested though.
Just curious what kind of nation rose out of 1 second after?

The book didn't feature a nation a nation. It focused on a smallish town based in South Carolina and how they had to adapt to the new world. Ultimately, the town became a bit of a despotic city state cause the person really in charge was a US Army Colonel who lived in the town and was on leave when the EMP went off. But, instead of states rising, the book focused more on how people would need to survive several years without electricity before they can expect help from any government. Notably in the form of humanitarian aid from other nations and the US military deployed abroad. So, the EMP was limited to continental America only as a nuke detonated above the earth's atmosphere right above the US.

The book introduced another nation I suppose you could call, but it was a large, migrating horde of sadistic bandits who did whatever they needed to do to survive. Kind of Mad Maxish.

So, electricity no longer works at all or everything electrical is fried and would be possible to build back up?

I like the concept. If you wanted some backstory as to the actual cause of the blackout, instead of just leaving that a mystery, I was actually thinking of an interesting idea for a faction. A group of scrupulous, slightly fanatical, and undoubtedly brilliant scientists build an underground vault in the Eastern United States and detonate an EMP device to revert the world to barbarism. They cryogenically freeze themselves for a hundred years, long enough for everyone from the pre-fall generation to have died off, before they wake up and begin gathering intelligence. They infiltrate the nation-states that arise from the carnage, and use their advanced technology to establish a cult, with their tech-priests gaining immense political power. Their ultimate goal is the establishment of a worldwide worship of their Tech Cult and de facto world domination through their political influence. They would most likely be the main antagonists of the work, but those sided with them would benefit from advanced technology (precision military equipment, computers, generators, so on and so forth). I'm open to changes, but if I were to join, I would want to play a faction like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back