• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom World Submersion: Characters

"Sonic can't even dodge bullets at point blank range"
Sonic is the fasting thing alive can't even dodge a bullet.
@Baku
Speed does not mean everything. Yes he is the fastest thing in the world. But can he also detect and react to fire to avoid the bullet before it hits him?

Canon is canon, but some characters do tend to lean towards the godmoding mark... I would propose a tier list of some sort so that we all have a basic idea of every character's powers and skill.

Also, why are you guys applying real-world physics when regarding fictional characters? I mean I have nothing against that, but I kinda think that's a bit redundant considering that every universe has its own set standard of logic.

"But what else can Sonic Dodge?"
Bae, i repeat that speed is the only thing Sonic has, that is why his speed is higher. Your character had other powers to accompany his reaction time. I also hreatly nerfed Sonic's speed, which i was not hesitant to do.

Canon is canon, but some characters do tend to lean towards the godmoding mark... I would propose a tier list of some sort so that we all have a basic idea of every character's powers and skill.

Also, why are you guys applying real-world physics when regarding fictional characters? I mean I have nothing against that, but I kinda think that's a bit redundant considering that every universe has its own set standard of logic.
We are actually working out something like that on the Discord Server.

We didn't disallow them, bae had a character that could dodge bullets at point blank range. I just wanted the point blank part removed.
Do you even know anything about Wesker? Even with his powers, he still loses to normal humans. He only uses his powers to show off.

I believe the problem is that most of the gms are incompetent
Oh yes, no problem with asserting your own wants to a GM in their own roleplay.

We all agreed that dodging bullets at point blank range is just too much with this rp on top of the other abillities Wesker had. I don't see why we can't just let this be anciwnt history. We made are decsion, Bae didn't like it, so its all over now.

FYI, I've already accepted the mods' decision and abandoned the rp, but I'd still like to get my thoughts out there.

I think I still stand by way of reasoning: you can't nerf everyone to be near the same level as everyone else. Otherwise, they lose half or more of what makes them a character. Some characters are bound to be stronger than others; that doesn't necessarily make them worse characters because of it. This is essentially becoming an argument of "character communism" where every character is nerfed near the same level vs. "character capitalism" where characters retain their canon level of strength. Nerfs aren't inherently bad, but when applied to nearly everything and making all characters equal, it ruins things, in my opinion, since no one character can actually prove a true threat against another one. Personality limits are often discredited when they shouldn't be, and developing strategies and such to deal with strong opponents is also discredited. I feel like the mods look at characters like they're walking bags of superpowers and weapons without seeing the bigger picture. While this may apply to some novice rp'ers who will definitely godmod, it may not apply to others.

FYI, I've already accepted the mods' decision and abandoned the rp, but I'd still like to get my thoughts out there.

I think I still stand by way of reasoning: you can't nerf everyone to be near the same level as everyone else. Otherwise, they lose half or more of what makes them a character. Some characters are bound to be stronger than others; that doesn't necessarily make them worse characters because of it. This is essentially becoming an argument of "character communism" where every character is nerfed near the same level vs. "character capitalism" where characters retain their canon level of strength. Nerfs aren't inherently bad, but when applied to nearly everything and making all characters equal, it ruins things, in my opinion, since no one character can actually prove a true threat against another one. Personality limits are often discredited when they shouldn't be, and developing strategies and such to deal with strong opponents is also discredited. I feel like the mods look at characters like they're walking bags of superpowers and weapons without seeing the bigger picture. While this may apply to some novice rp'ers who will definitely godmod, it may not apply to others.
Yeah, we are actually about to talk about this on the server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back