• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kazami42

Budget Morpheus, soldier #1,128,300 reporting in.
The year is 3346, and the world has progressed back to a state akin to ancient standard. The way of life for continents changed during the previous great war 32 years ago, with Europe now becoming an economic and technological powerhouse, and Africa having further fallen into anarchy. Post-war the reintroduction of old world ways such as international waters was instituted, and a new international congress was reformed and it's headquarters based within Warsaw Poland. The European Sovereignty Alliance, Eclipse, and the old Varmandr Vestan have progressed their respective regions to new heights and thus the greatest contributors to the remnants of the global economy, while Egypt effectively runs Africa, and the fractured states run off raiding their own stockpiles.

Outside Eastern-northern Europe, South America, and a number of regions in Asia, the world is less secure. With primarily fuel resources having gone out, the previously stabilized civil warring faction within Africa have collapsed to anarchy and terrorism, while some states like the African Empire, having grown to rule most of central - bits of northern Africa had succumbed to expending more resources than they could gather with available technology, and slowly rendered a husk and allowing those with the tech to gather the resources the Empire failed to get to. The fractured states in the Americas now run off raiding each other and finding old stockpiles of fuel, and immensely find difficulty in trying to fight themselves off. Within Asia, Singapore has found issues reclaiming their economic position, replenishing a navy, mines, a crashed stock market.

Japan survives off trade with Singapore, recycling, and some deeper resource deposits. Whereas some regions in Eclipsian territories deep in the southwest depend on resources from trading with each other and Europe to remain stabilized. Some newer countries within Europe rely upon the oil pipeline constructed by the Russians, Ukrainians, and Polish. Alongside this, Illegal immigration, refugees, and overpopulation run amok primarily but not limited to throughout the African continent and old United States. Prior to the reestablishment of the International Congress, The ESA’s continental congress attempted to resolve the situation, expending further resources on overwhelmed humanitarian ops.

With terrorists blending with the population, a final executive order was enacted which split European opinion. For protection of the continent, eventually Germany, the Union of Turkey and Greece, and Russia would consider illegal vessels in the Mediterranean as warships, and if they refused to turn back they'd be destroyed. Meanwhile, a friendly Egyptian state spawned from conflict of the Turkish losing control over northeastern Africa, and they have since spread. It is now used as a defended fortification to protect Asia from hostile parties, as well as a trading post with Europe. As Europe increases mining efforts in Antarctica, some powers have become agitated by the Greeks and Turks post their final expansion at the loss of Egypt. Spain now has entered a war for small bits of northwestern Africa including Gibraltar, and Italy seemingly preparing to invade Libya for it's deeper concealed resources. It is likely, if successful, that Union land in Africa would collapse by strain.
1597992899815.png

This is the world map as it currently is. All African states, most - all USA states - central America, and all European states beyond Russia, Poland/Ukraine, and The British are unplayed and open to anyone. Some states have a current technological cap, such as some running off whatever they can make up, while others are modernized. Beyond this, no country beyond Imperial Africa (the grey.), Finland, Greece+turkey, Eastern USA, Florida, Mexico, and maybe Denmark (ask Vya.) have a specific government type. (In order, republic, Monarchy, Fascist republic, OG Democratic Republic, Republic, ???.) And more states in Europe will probably spawn over time. However, it is possible for players to try to conduct their own actions such as protests, vassaling, occupying, etc European states, or form new ones over a period of time. For a best case scenario unless moderation unanonymously accepts the idea as is for spawn, this'll take place over the course of 2 - 3 pages. It's easier though to just take an existing state or to conduct these operations in a unplayed country, and varyingly difficult for everywhere else.

For basics of what one needs to know about Europe, Poland/Ukraine invented the first practical coil guns and have the most, the smaller amounts being in Russia and the Union of G+T. Super Sweden has fusion generators, Austria-Hungary are basically literal priests of technology and make up purely their own weaponry, The Polish had Russian and modified Greenlander technologies from WoT II, and the Union has Russian gunships, gunship carriers, and genetically modified grass from a project with Russia that terraformed northern Africa back to life after being chem/thermo-nuked.

In America, all the surviving tech used by the fractured states are unmodified present day military assets, with the most in hand with the Texas Empire, northwest, and east coast. Florida is basically Battlestar Galactica-ing it with refurbishing and modifying museum pieces alongside. The rest, while capable of using even Abrams tanks, are more like mad max “make up a basic weapon like a pistol made of PVC pipes”. If there are any other questions regarding them, ask me. Finally, OOC and international congresses will be conducted in Discord, other forms of congress like for ESA states will most likely be IC, and the RP will use at least basic dice rolls of 1- 300 to 1 - 50 for mostly military actions. Alongside this, a basic bonus/buff - debuff system like in CK, HOi4 etc will be utilized, and warfare on the map is handled by pixels. For elaboration, a mechanics thread will be created after the CS page.

Our technology at least until a predetermined page is reached, is present day but with the creative opening of any existing tech in a previous WoT II, and anything that has at least a prototype working today can be used as reference for spawning with better tech. We also allow tech, within reason, of the next 33 years IRL. If you want tech a nation already has that's specifically made by them, then a CS will be accepted if they were bought in a deal. For example of logic of tech progression of WoT to enable below items, or for other above reasons, example: Vestan had robots since WoT I and Russia took some and made androids WoT III (salesman joke here.), Railguns have already existed in at least single use form since the 90s - 80s, teslapunk style tech on Tesla coils are acceptable but needs to be logical, fusion generators exist by Sweden, Egypt made and has limited exosuits and the Union has spares from their time owning the land, and radiation IC is like fallout logic but not exactly so now we have genetically augmented quick-grow food-trees and grass. (Blame Agent 141.) Write at your own pace, style, and length though I doubt anyone would find themselves in a situation where less than three lines happens for an entire post. If BBCode is used, at least be mobile assessible out of courtesy. And certain deals like trade IC can be done privately, but it needs to be put into a IC post of one or more of the parties to be legitimate. Character interactions at length over the matter are perfectly acceptable. People trying to make CSes to form a country on spawn from a player state without permission will be rejected and ignored by default.

As for the CSes, players are allowed to trade with existing countries, have a history with them, etc. Just actually bother to ask them first. And to end the thread off, we have the general system enabled. This means up to three additional people can play in the same nation created by another person. This is as long as they approve, and the players get access to military units, characters as high as admirals, diplomats and/or vice leaders if applicable, and the host/nation creator can periodically give and take assets from them. If a country collapses such as the host leaves or hasn't responded for exaggerated periods of time such as beyond a week, a general/additional player can take or temporarily command it if applicable, reform it as another country, or let it collapse but take some of it's own land to form a entirely new country. And periodical/random events will take place, which affects countries and NPCs in positive, indifferent, and negative ways. That's all for basics. CS will be made after some point after this is made. Followed by a mechanics thread, and IC. Ending with a overview thread some time after that one. IC made after three countries beyond my own (Russia), or characters for one are accepted.

Tagging OG parties in event of their interest continuing on or not. If not, players can form new countries in their land.
Space_Kaiser Space_Kaiser Dominus Regum Dominus Regum Albion Albion Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic Am Vya Am Vya @fishmanlord. If I forgot anyone else still with us I apologise, and another member is literally part of the site so I'm not going to tag them, since they better things to do. If they see this, then I ask "What do we do with Singapore? Keep it or free it up to others?" Previous players that want to reclaim a country during the CS phase, granted it still exists, are also welcomed. This only applies unless someone else took it or an IC event renders it inapplicable.​

Last edited:
I can't link it like the other for some reason, so there.

What even is this thing? Who is supposed to have fun here? Starting situation creates a massive imbalance in power between players, depending on who starts as what nation. There are portions of the world that are complete economic and political backwaters with no resources, and then there are Europe and Asia, described as technologically advanced first world areas. What is stopping players starting in these regions from using gunboat diplomacy to force everyone else into effective colony status, and then siphon away all the remaining resources? Or just outright conquering everyone who tries to resist? And there is the matter of starting nations. There is Africa, western Europe or USA, with some vaguely decently split territory. Somewhat. And then there is the behemoth of a nation encompassing effectively half of Asia. Or the Canada-thingy, that seems to have grabbed a massive amount of territory completely arbitrarily all over the world. Or the thing that controls the entirety of South America. I'm all for a futuristic or sci-fi nation builder, but this setting is just so badly done.

I don't mean to be rude, but this is really poorly conceived. I can see it's supposed to be a continuation of some other RP, but you really should not use it as a new thing. It might be fun when there are already established relations and people have formed their histories and shaped their nations into how they want them to be. But with that context and experience of a player, it's just not a fun setting for a game.

What even is this thing? Who is supposed to have fun here? Starting situation creates a massive imbalance in power between players, depending on who starts as what nation. There are portions of the world that are complete economic and political backwaters with no resources, and then there are Europe and Asia, described as technologically advanced first world areas. What is stopping players starting in these regions from using gunboat diplomacy to force everyone else into effective colony status, and then siphon away all the remaining resources? Or just outright conquering everyone who tries to resist? And there is the matter of starting nations. There is Africa, western Europe or USA, with some vaguely decently split territory. Somewhat. And then there is the behemoth of a nation encompassing effectively half of Asia. Or the Canada-thingy, that seems to have grabbed a massive amount of territory completely arbitrarily all over the world. Or the thing that controls the entirety of South America. I'm all for a futuristic or sci-fi nation builder, but this setting is just so badly done.

I don't mean to be rude, but this is really poorly conceived. I can see it's supposed to be a continuation of some other RP, but you really should not use it as a new thing. It might be fun when there are already established relations and people have formed their histories and shaped their nations into how they want them to be. But with that context and experience of a player, it's just not a fun setting for a game.

As you said this is set as the third part of an RP from 2016, and part 2 happened in 2018. So yeah international relations have distinctly formed already, so notional identity is pretty much set for most nations. Given how wild the first RP was (which somehow was RP of the month exactly four years ago), and how mild the second RP was I think we're trying to let new players take control of these nations and make an identity for themselves, but hey the world is ever-evolving so who knows. All I know is that I, as the massive brown blob in Asia, will want my clay back from the Canada-thing as you described it as.

You can say we're living in our glory days, which in all honesty is probably the correct assessment, but we're giving this a last hurrah if you will. (oh and if you think the setting is bad wait till you see the general history of this stupid ass world XD)

As you said this is set as the third part of an RP from 2016, and part 2 happened in 2018. So yeah international relations have distinctly formed already, so notional identity is pretty much set for most nations. Given how wild the first RP was (which somehow was RP of the month exactly four years ago), and how mild the second RP was I think we're trying to let new players take control of these nations and make an identity for themselves, but hey the world is ever-evolving so who knows. All I know is that I, as the massive brown blob in Asia, will want my clay back from the Canada-thing as you described it as.

You can say we're living in our glory days, which in all honesty is probably the correct assessment, but we're giving this a last hurrah if you will. (oh and if you think the setting is bad wait till you see the general history of this stupid ass world XD)
I'm not saying this is a bad setting, really. I can see you had fun doing that, and all power to you. I wish I could be a part of it since the beginning. But as it is now, everyone joining from scratch and not stealing someone else's blob will have a bad time, simply because those who have played before are not in positions of extreme power, while regions no one played in remained stagnant. It is possible for new players to join in on an ongoing nation builder, just not on a map like this.

It isn't rude, it's logical and a normal routine of constructive criticism. But there is an error on your part, you're not being harsh enough on it. For example, WoT started off as anarchy trying to be as a serious project as other kinds of nation builder that kept getting people on the ride, kept growing in insanity like alien attacks, and basically WoT I is like one of those titles whereupon you don't go into for any form of true logic, just varied forms of awkward entertainment. We're at this point just most likely doing it as a one off fun thing and seeing how long it goes. The players were interested post the second, and before the dev group died we had a bunch of stuff that tried making it logical but was still a complete incoherent mess. So rather than let it rot I just decided to give it one last go for the community that started it, see how some mechanics work in the process that are about the only real serious thing here, then when it's done with I review how it went and how the players are like during it. Then after it's done with we can return to projects with an actual foundation and logic to them. That and I doubt at this point that even a divine being could make any of this coherent in terms of any history. Though there are some that tried taking this universe varyingly seriously. It didn't work all that well and they left afterwards lol.

The interest check for a wider public viewing is more so something there in event someone seeing this absolute Papa Nurgle "masterpiece" just wanted to watch it go down hill eventually, or throw their hat into the ring for whatever reason. Basically not designed to survive any ordinary RP environment. As example, It is rather abnormal to have the CS launch publicly at short notice before seeing if someone is actually interested in the idea or not. At least from what I've seen. Even those a little too hyped wait a little bit. That and the map design being a sheogorath touched beyond logical repair. A grand Frankenstein's beast is a better description for this.

But to take it just as relatively serious as if it was meant for normal means: there already are relations for example IC. most actually are neutral and have no real reason to want to assault a new player. If anything they'd have a reason to look for a stabilized independent entity and try helping them improve if they requested it diplomatically. The most closest to a larger power on another player are those two blobsters mentioned as they hate each other IC, and Eclipse is actually more politically focused than warmongering in terms of the globe. One of the only exceptions to the standard of illogical insanity. Ironically in the second, no one actually with power as one imagines wanted to do a war. So chances are some guy could pop up in America, Africa, etc and become a power themselves as they're either helped or left to their own devices. But meh. Hope you have a nice day though.

I'm intrigued even though this looks like such a mess. What sort of actions are you able to take during gameplay?

I'm intrigued even though this looks like such a mess. What sort of actions are you able to take during gameplay?
Ah, well potentially welcome to chaos.

At the moment I'm finishing the thread with the mechanics right now, I'd say at the pace of things going on it may be done by 18:00 PM but it could happen sooner. But all the normal actions such as humanitarian aid, diplomacy, etc can still be done. The only major thing modified extensively is how fighting and expanding works. But to summarize it [which is probably better to be honest.]

Rather than a true freeform and people just attack anywhere and all, we use pixels on a map but limited them. The highest one can get per area of front by themselves is 99 unless with events or a bonus. That barely fills in most of the average counties, but fill in the smaller remainders. The unused pixels go to a pixel reserve that is then used to conduct an action. I'm making a full list of them, but the actions that exist is:
Sending supply convoys to build new facilities, transport military assets overseas, and generate more for the reserve of two countries,
The construction of bases, airfields, naval bases, forts, and defensive lines,
Coastal bombardment,
Region/county-scale humanitarian aid,
Firebombing,
Long range Seatravel,
City bombardment,
Regional propaganda,
Intentionally forming a new independent country out of occupied land unrelated to the country,
Sending special forces behind enemy lines,
Send spies, then additional costs to have them begin the multi-step process to do anything more than gather misc info unless by event,
Ambushing ground convoys,
Building isolated security posts [listening posts, radar facilities, it only applies on coasts and islands.],
If the two parties agree, if contracting the construction of ships for example in foreign lands then a small cost to reflect payment,
And then there is seatile mining. for anti-submarine and anti-ship warfare in an entire tile.

There might be a little more when the section is completed, but it is quite difficult to make things like seanetting work for tech like nuclear submarine designs. That and having it as it's own cost ability, rather than a "just make a post about it" thing, seems useless beyond a 1955 tech cap.

Wow. That certainly sounds extremely complicated. Lol. We use a much simpler system for my nation building rp where everyone gets 3 actions per turn. Certain actions will take multiple turns or you can use up multiple actions in a single turn to speed up performing that action. Combat results are rolling a d10 plus or minus the attacking versus defense of the units on the field.

Wow. That certainly sounds extremely complicated. Lol. We use a much simpler system for my nation building rp where everyone gets 3 actions per turn. Certain actions will take multiple turns or you can use up multiple actions in a single turn to speed up performing that action. Combat results are rolling a d10 plus or minus the attacking versus defense of the units on the field.
Eh at least not to me with the direct fighting if actions and all are ignored. Though it is a mechanics testbed, so it's seeing what works and what doesn't, rather than sticking to a form of convention.

Just basically roll 1 - 300 once per area attacked which at Max on a 1v1 is 6 - 9 times, use the pixels to fill in a county or several if the player doesn't want to deeply advance, and then the process repeats with the other guy. Actions are just something extra if people want to do it.

But then there's bonuses like a strategy game but only for named entities like a battalion if a player names them, cities, and fortifications. Normal things like an admiral lowering the cost of traveling the sea as long as they're with the fleet. The cities and upgraded coastal defenses in particular are what the actions exist for. But one could just use the reserves with one's roll alone to overcome it if high enough. It resolves the problem of in-depth/strategy battles being done but they're treated as equally summarized as just rushing through empty fields, but the exception is the two keep posting into an endless stalemate. That and these are just to add something to the world to actually develop it, and to act as refreshment from doing the same things over and over again. For example, there isn't as much of an impact if a player suddenly says they build a Tesla coil covering five miles, and another comes in and has to deal with it in a series of five posts or so. But if there is actual investment and time put into it, there's a sense of having actually achieved something for both sides. It also solves itself out, while a mod can watch casually for a potential slip up, or help moderate the conflict if the need be.

Though there is one thing I can think of that fits that assessment, the fact that players pretty much control their own map inputs. Every pixel that can be used for example. But at least players can manipulate them as they see fit. This adds time to making a post if a war is involved, but NBs are not meant for a fast pace anyway lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back