• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

TheForce

May The Me Be With You.
D44EB49C-D0C4-4282-9031-0D3BC72C6BF9.jpeg

Welcome to the gorgeous world of Mythestria, a planet located near the opposite edge of the Milky Way galaxy from earth. The first colonies arrived here almost 1500 years ago in the early 24th century during the age of expansion and growth mankind enjoyed. Sadly this era was short lived and communications with Mythestria were lost during the fearfully remembered extragalactic wars. Luckily it was spared the destruction that the rest of humanities empire faced and thus it was spared the same xenophobic culture that grew in the rest of the galaxy. Now more than a thousand years after mankind ended the war against the extragalactic invaders the empire of mankind has reached out to Mythestria and joyfully demand the world rejoin the empire. This demand however was met with a quick refusal as it seemed the empire of man that Mythestria had originated from had descended into an oppressive authoritarian regime backed by dreams of infinite expansion and vicious Xenophobia.

Mythestria on the other hand had encountered various alien races and lived in harmony with them, something seen as treachery to the greater Terran Empire and with genetic modification The Humans of Mythestria had found interbreeding with these aliens and forming a family as not only possible, but desirable. As such negotiations between the two empires were cut off almost immediately when the leaders of Mythestria heard that one of the demands was the slaying of all hybrids and the execution of all Xeno’s. With negotiations off the table the Terran empire has begun to muster their massive fleets preparing to unleash an endless tide of Blood, Steel, and souls upon the world. Meanwhile the peaceful peoples of mythestria must now prepare for their worlds first war combining alien technology with their own and utilizing their alien hybrids to attempt and create a more specialized defense force capable of facing down the unrelenting tide of foes. Yet how can one world hope to stand against a thousand…even through unity is it possible to resist such powerful and numerous hatred?
(Hey people. This is a pretty niche story so I understand if it doesnt snatch ones attention immediately. Thats because the template for what kind of story this is lies in the hands of the players.

The World- Mythestria is an eden like paradise planet revolving around a star called Apollo that is very similar to our own sun. Size wise Mythestria is about .88% the size of earth and lacks a moon with tides being the result of deep ocean chambers within the planet. Climate wise the entire planet is in a temperate tropical climate year round with things like extreme cold and excessive heat being long forgotten. Unlike earth however the world has massive subterranean chambers and even subterranean oceans both of which are heavily industrialized to support the large populations and their needs

The people- When the human settlers of Mythestria arrived they had their work cut out for them , the volatile world was a volcanic wasteland and contact with the greater terran empire was sporadic at best and none existent usually. The first aliens, called the Geth, arrived nearly a century into the processs and set up camp on the opposite side of the world. Their powerful terraforming technology paired with humanity’s gene manipulation technology resulted in a world whose climate was quickly stabilized, and a people capable of adapting quickly to the changes. In the modern day more than 14 sentient species call this world home with genetic modification and a multicultural society allowing for any number of alien hybrids. Families are intermingled and have been for more than a thousand years resulting in an odd mixture of acknowledgment of the differences of species, mixed with a almost caste like system. For example of you are a miner of aluminum, your family has likely worked that job for a while, and breeding or making a family with the physically powerful Gorkun species may benefit you, however being a Gorkun Hybrid miner is no less respectable than being a Zeten/Human Hybrid whose job is the making of laws and prosecution of crimes.

The technology- Surprisingly the technology of Mythestria is not as advanced as many would believe. The assimilation of cultures has certainly caused many technological achievements to fall away into obscurity, for example the human technology of ballistic weapons while effective was a much more resource consuming than the Zeten Gravitic Plasma weaponry and as such it fell by the wayside. The Zeten cellular reconstruction technology was inferior to the Claudian Vita rays which could stimulate regeneration in cells. This has resulted in a variety of technological marvels that make Mythestria in some ways more advanced than the entire terran empire, however the lack of foes means that this is not the case when it comes to weaponry.​

Last edited:
nice backdrop. What was the story that you were hoping to tell in this setting? I didn't really read anything that would point the players to the role they would be undertaking. Are they participating in the impending war? are they doing some slice-of-life bit on the planet?

Are we allowed to RP as the antagonizing Terrans, or is this strictly Mythrestrian locked for character creation? Can we be some outside alien race?

Good read, I'm interested. One question:

The World- Mythestria is an eden like paradise planet revolving around a star called Apollo that is very similar to our own sun. Size wise Mythestria is about .88% the size of earth and lacks a moon with tides being the result of deep ocean chambers within the planet. Climate wise the entire planet is in a temperate tropical climate year round with things like extreme cold and excessive heat being long forgotten. Unlike earth however the world has massive subterranean chambers and even subterranean oceans both of which are heavily industrialized to support the large​
It looks like you left something out on that fourth paragraph?

Good read, I'm interested. One question:

It looks like you left something out on that fourth paragraph?
Populations & their Needs. Sometimes it cuts me off when i move the mouse thanks for noticing that, ill fix it.

nice backdrop. What was the story that you were hoping to tell in this setting? I didn't really read anything that would point the players to the role they would be undertaking. Are they participating in the impending war? are they doing some slice-of-life bit on the planet?

Are we allowed to RP as the antagonizing Terrans, or is this strictly Mythrestrian locked for character creation? Can we be some outside alien race?
The story im hoping to tell is one of a peaceful people forced into war, a proud warrior people faced to confront their own shortcomings as they encounter a legitimately superior culture, And of a mysterious past and enemy that has shaped the culture.

Antagonising terrans are playable, however Mythestrians are intended to be the focus. While yes other races and aliens are playable those from the milky way would have a pretty good understanding pf the Terran empire being the bad guys as they wouldve had to face them at least once or twice and know full well how willing they are to throw trillions of their own at a cause.

Id prefer to keep it to the local system however so no extrasystemic aliens will be allowed in this. That said i have only designed 3-4 of the 14 races that call mythestria home so there will be plenty of room for development of your own species, i iust ask that they are balanced. For example the Zetens have immense energy technology and decently advanced technology, yet they lack much personal power and physically are comparable to a prepubescent human. Meanwhile the Gorkun were technologically inferior to humans with their spececraft basically being rocks that detonated bombs behind them for propulsion, this is made up for by their immense physical prowess which is enough for them to survive hour long spacewalks unaided. So there is a balance to species creation and ill likely get a tab there. If you are a species from another part of the galaxy or another galaxy the only condition will be that you will have limited factional power. No factions capable of competing with The Mythestrian rule of the area or the Terran flood on its way, at least not in any meaningful way and certainly not alone.

Last edited:
Species of Mythestria

1.) Geth- A species from andromeda that is very similar to humans in physicality and technology. Theirs was the terraforming technology that turned Mythestria into a paradise. Their lifespan tends to reach near 200 years unaided and they possess a unique resistance to disease and bacterial infection. The Geth’s Culture of “Equal Importance” has spread like wildfire throughout the planet and is the predominant religion based purely on ones own life being just as important as the next, and the same importance is applied to jobs allowing practitioners of this faith to find purpose in any job be they a Gorkun Septic vat transport driver, or a Geth Policemen.
8EE5C691-6A0A-4292-8A69-B82D9EC4A285.png

2.) Gorkun- physically speaking the Gorkun are by far the most powerful species on mythestria. Capable of lifting well over ten times their body weight which is impressive as their body weight is usually somewhere around half a ton, and withstanding tremendous changes in temperature, pressure, and oxygen content they are some of the most hardy species out there. Sadly this is a biologically costly might, as even wirh genetic modification their intelligence is capped at around 95Iq points putting them just slightly below an average human on their best days. That said people tend to dumb themselves down when around Gorkun’s in an effort to avoid frustrating the brute as their playful love taps have been known to dislocate joints and even cause concussions.
A31ED5FE-7B27-473E-83E3-C533932EC2BB.jpeg

3.) Zeten- The Zeten were once similar to humanity and in fact claim to come from one of mankinds other colony worlds. Blasted to ruination by a centuries long nuclear war against a species they refuse to speak of and seem determined to forget. The Zeten physical frame has deteriorated greatly to the point of their own genetic code being incapable of reproduction with itself as such All Zetens by their own culture are encouraged to have hybrid families. They are physically comparable to a 8-11 year old human, but intellectually seem to be some of the most gifted with their average IQ typically being at around 200. They joined mythestria out of necessity and settled here to rebuild their population, upon doing so the overall technology level of The planet nearly doubled and Zeten technology, often with some kind of flair from their non Zeten parents, children, and spouses, have spread all around mythestria. Zetens are biologically immortal and have no upper age limit as a result of self modification to counter their species dying off. As such some of the proginal Zeten settlers are still alive 960 years later.
6ECEE58D-0C46-48B6-A140-5247AB67737D.jpeg

4.) Human-The first to arrive on Mythestria back when it was a volcanic wasteland. Humans brought with them comets tugged by starships and brought oceans to the world but they struggled to actually create settlements for the first century and spent most of it using their ships weapons to shape the world using the water from comets to fill valleys carved by heavy ordinance. This resulted in them being completely unarmed when the Geth arrived and the thus the two species were fprced into peaceful cooperation that inevitably laid the foundations for the mythestrian world collaborative. Humans are the second most technologically advanced species behind the Zeten and just barely edging out the Geth. Their gene modding technology rivals even the Zetens however they are rivaled by them in nearly every other regard. Humans basic stats actually put them in the dead center of the chart having average scores in their intellect, physicality, and Intangibles. They also have a unique ability to have their hybrids typically be born as humans with special abilities from their alien parent.
F96EDAAC-A7E4-4701-9906-9995821A1A55.jpeg

Last edited:
These are just the first four here to serve as an example of how the races balance out in this. you can suggest your own species, or just wait and ill eventually fill this out. When i open up the lore tab. There are three requirements for creating a species here.

1.) Must be humaniodish. Arms legs torso head. Maybe a tail and or some wings.

2.) Must have a technology level Below that of Zeten (Nuclear Fusion, Hyper drives, Plasma weapons, force fields, power armor.) And above that of the Gorkun (Metal working, Basic combustion engines, Diesel power.).

3.) Cannot posses Powers that are imbalanced. For example gorkuns are strong AF. But they are kinda dumb, not the fastest out there, and thanks to technology can get blasted down just as easily as anyone else. Similarly the Zetens have the best technology and are the most intelligent, but are balanced by being able to be punched out by Timmy the Fifth grader.

You can make posts for Lore/Characters/etc. in the Extra Pages forum by the way!
Yeah i just wanted to add faces to names for the races i mentioned. Geth are polka dotted frog people, Gorkun Big reptile apes, And Zetens nuclear Mutant humans.

Hmm, this seems interesting. Mind if another individual arrives to join the ranks of this group?

Hmm, this seems interesting. Mind if another individual arrives to join the ranks of this group?
Sure thing. Itll be a while before we start though. Probably just after new years. Gotta make a system wide map, come up with or approve 10 more alien species. But we definitely need people. Perhaps you could design your own alien species to live on mythestria?

Sure thing. Itll be a while before we start though. Probably just after new years. Gotta make a system wide map, come up with or approve 10 more alien species. But we definitely need people. Perhaps you could design your own alien species to live on mythestria?
Hmm, I already have an idea for a potential alien species I wanna use. Moreso reused from another thing that I was a part of (that sadly didn’t go off as most other things would, and it was pretty cool on my opinion as well, considering one can contribute to the lore of the universe and that’s when I made that custom alien race to be a part of the galaxy), but I do have a general idea of what they would be about.

Hmm, I already have an idea for a potential alien species I wanna use. Moreso reused from another thing that I was a part of (that sadly didn’t go off as most other things would, and it was pretty cool on my opinion as well, considering one can contribute to the lore of the universe and that’s when I made that custom alien race to be a part of the galaxy), but I do have a general idea of what they would be about.
Awesome if you’d like to discuss it so i can work them into the species list feel free to pm me or drop it here. We do need to figure out the what/when/how/why and Who

Users who are viewing this thread

Back