• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Methan [IC]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

DarkianMaker

Pope of the cheese god Kambert
The Story

It is May 1298 in the world of Methan, for years there has been a time of peace in the kingdom of Mitteland until a month ago when throughout the kingdom a loud bang could be heard. After the bang a mysterious mist surrounded the center of the kingdom and nobody seemed to return from entering those mists until one man made out bearing a message from the king, asking for aid from whomever was willing to come. You are one of the people heeding the king's call for help and making way for the town of Kapenn which lies close to the edge of the mists and is the only place from which people have tried to create a safe route into the mists.

About the RP

This RP is set up with little background lore to allow most of the world to be developed by everybody involved through their posts and backgrounds. We also mostly operate our OOC on a private Discord channel which is moderated at a PG-13 level, PM me for an invite link.

There is magic, but discuss it first to see if the magic you want to do is okay. :)

Methan_Map.png
The Nations

Ae'Lu Shogo: This land is inhabited by Asian-like humans. Their capital is the massive city of Takyen which covers a small inlet of Emika Bay.
Emiraan: This land is inhabited by Southern humans (think South European or North African). Their capital is the peninsular city of Kamool.
Omar Dimaan: This land is inhabited by Goblins, Kobolds, Gnomes and settlers from both Ae'Lu Shogo and Emiraan. The region is disputed between Emiraan and Ae'Lu Shogo and lacks a capital.
Grotham: This is the large steppe on which the Orcs live and rule. Their capital is the large camp at the Meruk Plateau.
Mitteland: Mitteland is the home of the Imperial humans and where the RP will take place. The capital is the city of Rodeheart which lies on the ford of the Meik river which splits the country in two.
Aduria: This land is inhabited by regular humans (look at French and English). Their capital is the city of Aduris.
Deephold: This mountainous land is inhabited by dwarfs with their many mountain strongholds. Their capital is Hovik's Mound.
Kamash: This jungle-ridden land is inhabited by the jungle humans (think of Central African and South American natives). Their capital is Okh-Maha lying on a sprawling nexus of islands and rivers in the middle of the jungle.
Kolo: This cold and frozen wasteland is inhabited by strange people who are mostly just referred to as the Frozen Tribe of Kolo. Their capital is a large cave complex called Matui Naha. (poke me if you want to do something with this)
Kempu: This is the land of the Halflings with its gentle hills and peaceable hamlets. Their capital is the port city of Torn Harbor.
Orlica: This island is where the Elves live and sail from with their navies. Their capital is the small island of Emiad.
The Godless Sea: There are numerous tiny island nations and pirate nations spread throughout this sea, those nations have a wide range of nationalities and are often nothing more than a town with a tower.

Joining the RP

Just send me a PM with what your idea is for a character and what you wish to achieve + a small piece of writing to show how you write and I'll approve you or not. :)

Last edited:
Llordi Llordi Syrenrei Syrenrei FancyKiddo FancyKiddo Kayso Kayso Goaty Love Goaty Love DarkianMaker DarkianMaker
<<<We're starting!>>>

May 19th, morning
2nd Legion outpost, Kapenn, Mitteland
Captain Imke Hallassen

Captain Imke Hallassen.jpg

She looked at the makeshift outpost that her men had made on the outskirts of Kapenn, it was mostly just a collection of tents surrounded by a simple palisade with two shooting platforms in the direction of the mysterious fog. The entire Second Legion had been mobilized to secure a perimeter on the eastern side of the fog covered area and her company was tasked with creating a safe corridor into the affected area with the goal to reach the capital. So far it went without undue casualties but the last two groups she sent out to continue the path haven't reported back yet and it has been days now. She looked at what remained of her company and sighed, she simply couldn't spare anybody for a search party, it would leave her sector undermanned.

She saw travelers coming up the roads towards the town and she hoped it would be volunteers coming to aid the attempts to reach the capital. She overlooked construction of the perimeter palisade that the whole Legion is building to contain whatever is happening in the fog when she noticed two travelers were already coming up on to the town. She proceeded to walk towards them and waved to get their attention.

Ser Arrick Felwood

He and his Squire had been riding for over a week and he was happy to see the town of Kapenn show up before him, maybe they'd get a bit of rest before starting out into the strange fog. Just looking at the large wall of fog made him uneasy as he felt a sense of dread rise in him. The town ahead looked abandoned save for a whole bunch of Mittelandian Legionaires working on palisades and a couple of townsfolk working on barricading their windows. "It sure looks as if they're terrified of whatever that fog does." He said mostly to himself when his eyes fell on a woman in Legionaire drab waving to him and walking their way. Probably the one in charge or at least someone with instructions. He stopped his horse and dismounted to meet properly with the soldier.

"Hail ser, what brings you to Kapenn in these strange times?" The woman asked.
"My Lord received a plea for help and I volunteered, I'm here to help however I can and so is my squire." He responded cordially.
"That is well appreciated, I am captain Imke Hallassen, commander of the 5th Company, 2nd Legion. And you are?" The captain started introductions.
"Ser Arrick of Felwood, sworn knight to Lord Ackingma of Aduria." He introduced himself as well.
"Well Ser Arrick, I have an inkling that there's going to be more volunteers soon and I have some things to finish so I have no time to meet them all, can you meet and gather them all here until I'm back?" She asked politely.
"Of course Captain Hallassen, I will do as you ask." He replied with a smile.
"Thank you ser." The captain replied before walking off to her duties again.

Arrick then looked at the road coming into town and waited for others to arrive, ready to greet them and meet his fellow adventurers.

May 19th, morning

As Darian was cleaning his fishing rod and counting his freshly caught fish in his basket, he noticed a fresh and clean bucket of iron riding his horse. He did not want to hurry this morning, so packed his things slowly and began walking the road. When he was walking an hour or 2, he remembered that it was not only a village. But by the village there is a "camp". Well, I would not call it a camp, I would call it more... well... I don't even know what i should call it to be honest. But I hope there is something more interesting then the people from the village. Like the tinman. That would make selling fish in the camp much more interesting then selling fish in the village. Getting closer he saw that the camp, he saw that it was... well... empty. Not much men and women on there post. So he tried to walk in and there he saw the tinman and his squire. When close enough he signed the henchman of the clean man to walk with him.

"So, can I sell these fish here or do the villagers need the fish more then you do?" said Darian while nodging at the fish in his basket.

The weather was getting warmer and Isne found it unsettling. The high mountain tops of Deephold were similar to her own home in Kolo, and she found their snow-bitten winds quite comfortable, but the flatter grounds and warmer soils of Aduria allowed for flowers and trees of the more sensitive species, and even now Isne could feel a slight lessening in her strength. It would be quite a while before it would endanger her, but she couldn’t help but feel a twinge of panic. After all, she didn’t know how long it would take to find what she was looking for, and even if she did, she would still have weeks of travel before she would be back home. But such thoughts wouldn’t help her now - she was nearing Kapenn, and there would be no turning back. The wall of fog had been visible for several hours and the mystery of it both frightened and excited her. She couldn’t help but let her mind race with the possibilities of what could be the cause of it and what could lay beyond as she breached its haze. She hadn’t heard about it until she had reached Aduria - the dwarffolk of Deephold had kept their distance from her for the most part, but the fairer people of Aduria had been more curious about her and much more talkative. They had given her direction, bread, and dresses for her to cover herself, but she would not wear them, despite their uncomfortable gazes. It was just too hot. She simply moved on more quickly.

It was a few hours after she had first seen the wall that she finally noticed the town at its feet. Kapenn. People moved back and forth from house to inn to tavern almost constantly, but the most activity occurred, surprisingly, closer to the wall. As she got nearer, she noticed that there was a small sort of base encamped around a wooden palisade, and soldiers scattered about as they worked. Ignoring the questioning looks that she felt from all angles, she looked for someone who might be in charge. A man handing over his horse caught her eye, and she shouldered her staff as she made her way over to him.

The soldiers around her seemed to slow as they noticed her, but she was used to this by now. Not many of her people met outsiders, as the Kolo didn't travel far from home, and it was too cold for travelers to find their way to her home more than once every few years. Most people had never seen the likes of her, neither had she seen the likes of them. She was definitely the tallest there, by at least 4 feet. Everyone backed up and looked up, creating a circle around her that made her feel the center of attention. Sighing, she closed the gap between her and the soldier with the horse. Wanting to escape the eyes of the masses as much as possible, she knelt down as she reached him, until she was more level with him.

"Are you in charge here?" she asked, in as light a voice as possible. "I've come to search the mists."

Y'Deviuna Mardone
~*~
This had been the farthest Y'Deviuna had ever traveled alone and, had the mystery not been so enticing and the prospect of proving herself so thrilling, she would have surely turned around once she had departed her family's lands. She was as prepared as she could hope to be. Her saddle bags carried the necessities, her staff was strapped across her back, a tome was strapped to her waist and thigh, and she knew how to survive off the land long enough to make the trip. Still, it had been taxing. There wasn't enough time to do any sightseeing or stop to converse with other travelers. When she was at home Y'Deviuna imagined herself a lonely soul for how neglectful her parents could be of her existence. Her journey to Kappen, however, had truly taught her what 'alone' felt like. If she had ventured off the road no one would have noticed for quite some time. The Mardones did not expect her return anytime in the near future and she had no companions save for her steed. Relative isolation had weighed heavily upon her.

As her bay horse led her along the side of the mist wall to the town she stared at the spectacle. Most mist was simple water in the air and not something that caused alarm. Y'Deviuna usually felt powerful around phenomena that included precipitation since her specialty was in aquatic arcana. The thick fog felt... unnatural in every way. It felt wrong. As glad as she was to be around people again she was pensive. This wasn't a natural benign phenomena. Perhaps T'Dorin ought to have come after all, she sighed mentally. As accomplished as she was with water and healing spells she didn't expect those were the only sort she'd need. Earth and wind spells were not her expertise but would be useful here. Before they set out she would have do some cramming on the basics... perhaps an earth incantation to help keep a sense of direction in fog and an air spell to clear the immediate area from anything that might obscure vision.

Y'Deviuna rode to where there was a gathering of... a giant woman and soldiers. Knitting her brows in confusion she vaguely remembered hearing of the northern people that were so impressively tall. She had never met one in person. The Mardones were pre-occupied with entertaining social elites and magi exclusively and would have never invited such a person to their sprawling holdings. "Come on, Casp," she whispered as she encouraged the gelding to approach. As a war horse very little phased him but a veritable giantess tested him more than combat.

Seeing as the others were engaged in conversation she stayed a few meters to the side as she dismounted. Her legs were stiff and her muscles sore from riding all day. Trying to conceal the awkward discomfort she stood, smoothing out her cloak (a fine dark brown wool garment gifted from her parents), and making certain her posture was perfect. She wasn't just representing herself but mages, Aduria, and the Mardones lineage as well. Interrupting with an introduction would make a poor first impression and she respected the rules of etiquette... most of the time.

Nirva Wruk
"Waima tu, don't set my bridge aflame." She sang as she rode with her master and friend Arrick being the happiest Orc girl in the whole world to be outside and free. She closed her eyes and smiled in bliss as the soft spring wind blew past her face and through her coarse hair, making her seem more like a wild happy child than a trained squire. She loved riding horses and she loved horses as they're so intelligent and loyal in her eyes although her own horse Jack was stubborn as a mule. She often admired Arrick's horse which was a master-bred Adurian Courser mare with a beautiful redbrown hide and a neatly kept black mane whilst her horse was a shaggy Tyen Lapser with patches of different colors all over his hide and a very badly kempt blonde mane. Whilst she was distracted by their horses they came closer to their destination Kapenn, master Arrick heard there was someone making a path through the fog there allowing save(r) passage into the fog presumebly. It was then that she looked up and saw the giant wall of mist appear over the hills. Her heart sank to her shoes and part of her want to turn Jack around and go home but her home was with master Arrick and he even with her scared looks still smiles and goes onward.

"Master, why are you so calm?" She asked him with a slight tremble in her voice.
"Simple Nirva, I have faith that we will succeed." He replied as if it was just like going after a poacher in the forest.
"Are you not afraid of dying?" She asked him whilst fidgeting with Jack's mane.
"I won't die with you covering my back Nirva." He said with a chuckle and a wink.

She shut up after that with a slight blush as she looked away, she's still not used to being praised or being thought of highly by someone, even master Arrick. They rode into town and she mostly looked down as she could already feel the gazes of people like they usually do when she's in a place where people don't know her. Whilst Arrick talked with the lady captain of the Mittelandian army she pondered how much provisions they would need and if they could bring the horses if they go into the fog. She got startled when she heard a man's voice quite close to her that wasn't Arrick's that woke her from her thoughts, she looked around until her eyes fell on a short, stocky man with a thick beard. She raised an eyebrow at the man and his basket of fish and that raised eyebrow turned into a frown when he made the hand gesture for following. "Oy Hiskberl, what are you thinking?" She asked calmly but with her tone subtly showing annoyance at his gesturing. "Also, your fish aren't preserved so no we can't use them." She added.

She would've waited for the dwarf to explain herself if it wasn't for the tallest lady she had ever seen in her life walking into town. Her eyes grew big looking at the 3 meters tall woman with her pale blue skin and crystaline formations on parts of her body, she had never seen something like her before and never heard of such things ever before, did it come from the mist? Nirva's hand went towards her sheathed blade with a slight tremble as the woman got closer but she grew more confident when she noticed Mittelandian soldiers paid close attention as well. She then realized the giantess was barely wearing any clothes and Nirva's cheeks became bright red in a matter of seconds before she averted her gaze trying to hide her blushed face. What surprised her most was that the giantess kneeled so she was on sort of the same height as master Arrick and spoke with a surprisingly light voice asking if he was in charge and that she wished to venture into the mists.

All this didn't distract her enough though from another newcomer riding into town, a woman clearly wearing Adurian clothing befit of a noble or a magi whilst riding a fine Adurian horse that looked even better than master Arrick. What caught her attention the most was the woman's beautiful face and almost glowing long red hair. She caught herself staring at the woman who dismounted and in perhaps the heat of the moment she shyly smiled and waved the woman hello when she looked her way. At this rate she won't be scared of monsters but of saying something stupid as she didn't know where to look anymore.

BANSHEE
“ALMOST there, little one.” Banshee nodded slowly, coughing into the cloth that draped across her lower face, providing some semblance of filtration to keep the flying particles out of her lungs. Her face was streaked with dust caught in her sweat and tears, and her once-pure robes hung heavily with collected sediment. Only the slight point to her ears gave away that the creature aboard the tired draft horse was not just a large dwarf, hidden as her other particular features were.

Her head hurt. The scar on her forehead burned with a glowing red liquid as she focused the unseen eye as best she could, as her only source of sight through the thick air. She was tired from the trips into perimeter of the mists, tired of the harsh pace she was compelled to follow all so that she would not be too late. They had to arrive before the party had left. But as her attention slipped and she slumped forward in the saddle once more, she could feel the arms of the being wrapping around her, propping her up and smearing some of the blood from her hairline. “Almost there, little one. Stay focused. Soon, you can rest.”

She did not know if she believed the god’s voice. Not that she thought it was lying, but it had said the same thing the past… however long it had been since they had first left their dead comrades’ resting place deep in the mists. Perhaps higher beings did not have an appropriate understanding of distance or time. She had already gone what felt for days under the promise that she was almost there, and like it though the god may not, it felt like she was reaching the end of her mortal ability. Heracles barely moved, each footfall an effort that did honor to his namesake. As the god goaded Banshee on, she patted the message of reassurance on to the steed, and he took another step.

SHE woke slowly, taking a long while to open her eyes. The fire pit still smoldered in the morning breeze, her various things still stacked in the pile that she rested her back against. She rubbed the scales of rest from her eyes, and reluctantly peered behind her, into the impenetrable wall of air through which she’d finally struggled before making camp. It ascended into the sky, almost palpable if she would just lift up an arm to shove into it. But she had no intention of going that way, and thankfully, the god seemed content that she would make it in time without doing so again. Instead, she tended to her patient beast, who looked better for the rest, but still not in the best condition. A lesser horse would have given out long ago, but he was not a lesser horse. He was ready and willing when they had finished their breakfast. On went the packs and bags, and up went Banshee, and they were on their way.

The promises that they were almost there seemed more realistic today. Old, faded roads went in the same direction they did, further away from the mist. They looked usable from a distance, but Banshee kept to her near course, unsure if those paths went the shortest way, or if they were safe. No one would dare bother them so close to that haunted place.

As night fell, the lights of the town were visible over the horizon, but they made camp anyway. Other small fires dotted the hill country, perhaps signaling the parties that they were to meet, but the morning would be early enough for that. They ate, slept in a pile on top of each other, and ate again before resuming at a sudden sense of urgency. Now was the time.

AS morning broke, Banshee rode Heracles into town. The horse, at least, looked better than two days ago, but dirt and tiredness still clung to the two as they lumbered in behind an inhumanly-tall creature. Unsurprisingly, with such long legs, it didn’t have a mount. It stopped before a growing group of adventurous-looking fellows, but Banshee passed them at first, turning about in a small circle as she received a nudge toward them, before she realized that she had arrived.

She looked up from the ground directly in front of Heracles’ hooves, and surveyed the group. A noble, two knights, the giant, a… peddler? She nodded to him out of respect for his dwarfishness, but he seemed less in the group than the others, so she addressed the rest in the same self-conscious voice she used when meeting people bigger than herself. “Did I make it in time? No one has ventured into the fog yet?”

Last edited:
Ser Arrick Felwood

He didn't expect things to develop the way the were doing right now. First there was that dwarf that came walking over with a basket smelling of fish and started talking to Nirva. 'Poor sod, he got her annoyed.' He thought to himself with a chuckle. The dwarf didn't look that special but then again, so did Nirva and she turned out to be quite the warrior, perhaps this dwarf also has some hidden gift that he isn't flaunting about. He decided not to talk with the dwarf right now, he'd let him get verbally roughed by Nirva before that even though it is just because he finds it amusing when Nirva gets annoyed at someone else than him.

It was then that he noticed the commotion around him as quite some of the soldiers stopped working to look at something coming from the down the road. When he looked the way they did he gasped and almost dropped his jaw. A giantess was walking their way, specifically his way. He couldn't help but to feel intimidated by the tall woman who despite her thin build looked like she could easily tear a man in two. His old mentor had told stories about the giants of Kolo, none of them good so he was prepared to draw his weapons and fight the giantess. But she didn't seem to move to attack, instead she knelt before him so they were more on eye level with each other and she spoke the common tongue surprisingly to him. "I'm not the one in charge here." He started his reply carefully. "But I do intend to enter the mist." He was surprised by the giantess' behavior and only then took a better look at her. She sure had a fair face, pretty even in her own way. He then looked downwards, realized her scarce clothing left nothing to the imagination and quickly redirected his eyes back to hers. "Oh where are my manners, Ser Arrick Felwood and that Orcling is my squire Nirva Wruk, a pleasure to meet you." He introduced himself and Nirva as he took off his glove from his right hand and extended it to the giantess to shake her hand. "Perhaps we could traverse the mist together?"

He noticed a woman in typical Adurian noble garment pull up close to the group and dismount from the corner of his eye but he couldn't greet her right now as he was still dealing with the giantess. It was then that a dwarfish Orcling showed up as well asking if she was still on time and if someone has traversed into the mist yet. "I guess you're on time, as for the other question you'll have to ask Captain Hallassen, she'll be back soon." He replied to her calmly.

At the introduction of Ser Arrick Felwood, Isne looked down at his outstretched hand. Certain people of Aduria had offered the same gesture, and, after learning of her superior strength to smaller beings the unfortunate way, she extended her hand slowly, carefully taking his in greeting. "I am Kolo Isne, the shaman of my people. I have strict business in the mists, and heard of a party traveling inward together for reasons of safety, strength and information. I wish to join that party and aid in my way."

"Perhaps we could traverse the mist together?" Ser Arrick responded, distracted.

"Yes, I would be humbled by your acceptance, human Ser Arrick." Isne placed a closed fist to her heart and bowed her head over it slightly, a sign of respect and gratitude among her people.

Isne had not remained oblivious to the crowd of people that continued to stare at her, as she not only saw but felt in her mind their gazes of fear, awe and confusion, but a few in particular managed to catch her attention. A noble-looking orc who kept her eyes on Arrick as if protecting him, a dwarf who stood nearby attempting to sell his wares, a beautiful human whose clothing almost made her want to don silks and furs, and the newest of their inner circle, a mixed-race Isne had not seen before, riding on horseback and asking “Did I make it in time? No one has ventured into the fog yet?”

Isne turned to look at the small group that had collected around Ser Arrick, taking in each of their features one by one. This was, along with her personal reasons for traversing the mists, an opportunity to learn about the array of peoples that inhabited the lands surrounding her. Once this was all over, she wouldn't have the chance to learn by experience... ever again, probably.

"Ser Arrick," Isne spoke, a bit louder than she had before, "it appears as though I am not the only outsider who wishes to join with you. If you could direct me somewhere to learn of what my duties here will be, I will allow you to continue with your own duties and responsibilities."

Y'Deviuna Mardone
~*~
Seeing the female orc squire gaze her way, smile, and wave, Y'Deviuna returned the gesture with a warm smile of her own. Most of her interactions in the past had been with her family, guests of the house that required a firm attention to etiquette, or poor commoners of the nearest town that were indifferent to her brother's influence. The people before her were not something she had experience in dealing with yet. All of them were accomplished individuals unlike her peasant friends, but none of them had the feel of caring for political delicacy and social gestures. It would take some experimentation and some failings before she found comfortable footing with them. That this was a foreign land was reassuring, for it meant that missteps would be more quickly forgiven, but the stakes were high. The mist lingering on the edge of the encampments was foreboding and ominous.

Taking Caspian's reins in her hand and inhaling deeply, Y'Deviuna decided to walk towards the welcoming Nirva. Ser Arrick was engaged with the giantess and now a dirty, exhausted half-breed of some sort. Caspian was more inclined to graze. The gelding tried to lower his neck and swipe a few blades of grass but his mistress insistently led him towards the other humanoids. He was wary of Isne, giving her a wide berth, but otherwise was indifferent to the races gathered. The steed had been bred, raised, and trained to charge into war if necessary and this peaceful, if not anxious and awkward crowd, barely registered on his threat radar.

"Hello there," Y'Deviuna greeted Nirva. She smoothed over her nervous feelings with a charming, bright smile as she pulled down her hood. It was poor manners to shroud her face from someone she was conversing with no matter the place or person. "Are you traveling with Ser Arrick Felwood?" she asked politely with a small gesture. Her voice was soft as to not interrupt the discussion nearby. Despite not being engaged herself with the knight or giantess she had heard their introductions to one another and had been able, at least, to know their names. Though Nirva was apparently in service to Ser Arrick would be rash to presume that she accompanied him everywhere without question. A squire could be well within her rights not to want to dive into every danger faced.

"I'm Y'Deviuna Mardone,"
the mage continued as she extended her hand hoping that she wasn't bumbling through her own introduction. "But please call me Devi. I'm a mage of the Mardone family. I received a missive about investigating the mists," she explained. "I believe I heard your name to be Nirva Wruck? It is a pleasure to meet you." she said with another winning smile. Caspian snorted audibly behind her and, seeing that her attention was diverted, successfully lowered his head to the grass where he ripped what he found up hungrily. By no means was he a starved animal- he looked quite well-fed given his size and stature. An orc could comfortably sit aloft him rather than the smaller, more slender figure of Y'Deviuna.

Nirva Wruk
She noticed the halfblood suddenly popping up with their group, she looked kinda Orcish but too short and broad to be a full blood Orc, but at least she seemed to have the same difficult coarse hair as Nirva has herself. She also heard Arrick and the giantess Isne exchange introductions but her eyes were still on the Adurian woman who had returned the gesture of waving and smiling. It made her more shy than she already was and she could already feel her cheeks slightly burning but luckily her blushing wasn't as clearly visible as it would be for the pale skinned humans. The woman then walked over to Nirva and she started to feel nervous as she usually let Arrick do the talking. 'Just don't freak out, stay calm and play it cool.' She thought to herself and relaxed a bit as the woman pulled back her hood as she greeted her vocally now.

"Hi..." She responded softly and nodded simply at the question whether she travelled together with Ser Arrick. It was when the woman introduced herself that Nirva started panicking internally because of her family name. The woman is a Mardone, a very important family back home if she recalled Arrick's lessons on the noble houses correctly. Barely two weeks before they had left the castle a Mardone had visited for a potential courtship with Lord Ackingma's first daughter Ylaja and she could see some likeness between Y'Devunia and the one who had visited. Whilst she was thinking she dismounted so she wouldn't be the only one still in the saddle but her train of thoughts was interrupted by Y'Devunia who told her to just call her Devi and that she took that her name was Nirva. "Yeah my name's Nirva but it is Wruk, short K." She replied without thinking about proper etiquette and shook Devi's hand. Once she realized she forgot her place she pulled her hand back and started to stumble in her words. "I-I mean my name's indeed Nirva Wruk you gra-, I mean my lady Devi- Y'Devunia, a pleasure to meet you!" She said whilst it was painstakingly clear that she was messing up because the situation stresses her.

{"Gods damnit Nirva you fucking moronic chamberpot."} She cursed at herself in Orcish but not in her head as intended. She just wanted to slap herself and then bury her head somewhere away from everybody. She's never been good with people despite her best attempts she always came off as weird or too rough in play even for boys her age. She could get along with Arrick well enough because he could take her rough playfulness and didn't put pressure on her to socialize but now she was in foreign territory with a lot of people she didn't know. Maybe it could work for her to socialize with the people that seem to gather around Arrick but not with the crowd of soldiers and villagers also around them all, it was too crowded for her. Is this an Orc thing? Is this why Orcs live in small migratory clans mostly according to Ayamar's teachings? She didn't know and unless she'd meet a proper Orc she will never know.

Captain Imke Hallassen

She returned from her duties to see a lot of her soldiers spent their time gawking at a Giantess instead of doing their work. All it took was one of her soldiers to see her disapproving look to have the crowd mostly disperse and get back to work. She then approached Ser Arrick and the people that remained with him and his squire.

"Greetings to you all, I am Captain Imke Hallassen, commander of the 5th Company of the 2nd Legion. I'm afraid I don't have time for pleasantries or formal introductions but your assistance is greatly appreciated by myself and all the citizens of the Empire." She took a deep breath before getting to the next part. "I take it you want to reach the capital just like we do, we have tried to create a safe passage into the fog along the Mirriant Road but the last two groups I've sent in have not returned as of yet, so if you can keep an eye out for any clues as to where they went it would be greatly appreciated." She then looked around the group and made her decision. "I will suggest you look to Ser Arrick here for guidance and leadership for now unless you have better ideas for a leader among you. Are there any important questions that I might be able to answer?"

Isne
There were not as many people at the camp as she had seen in other towns and minor cities she had passed through on her way here, and certainly fewer confrontations and questions. But here there was bustle and work and solemnity that resulted in a strange silence that accompanied their stares and stumbles. It made her more uncomfortable than the ladies who told their children to look away or the curious travelers who asked about her homeland. If this kept up, she may have to go into the fog by herself just so she could carry on with her expedition. She would much rather have words to accompany glances, or neither words nor glances at all, and she wasn’t likely to receive the latter.

A stern and busy-looking woman appeared, giving the soldiers a look that had them scurrying back to their duties carrying supplies, checking mounts, delivering messages, packing knapsacks, writing papers, polishing weapons, or surveying scrolls of notes in no time. Perhaps if she could emulate that look, she could send the stares away whenever she wanted. The woman was a captain. She asked for questions. Isne had so many, but didn’t know if she could answer them; if anyone here could. Kneeling down again, this time before the captain who had appeared to direct them, Isne attempted to make herself and her intentions clear.

“I do not come for glory or experience or to aid in your quest - I come for answers that belong to me alone. I will help you and your people because our journey is the same, but when I have what I seek I must return home, whenever that may be. I thought it fair to let you know first that I do not intent to be in your employ, for there is no freedom in that.”

She paused, waiting for an answer, and the possibility of being turned away. If she was, she would simply enter the wall of white herself, though the security of a company would be preferable, and the variety of skill desirable.

“Now, if I may ask, have you been inside the mist yourself? How far have you gone, and what have you seen?”

BANSHEE

The last two groups. Banshee’s heart sank. She was late, if the god had intended her to go with the first expedition into the mists. Though that had only been her own assumption, she still felt something of a failure for not having lived up to it. And if those two had not returned, and it sounded like the captain perhaps has expected them to already, something catastrophic may have happened to them. Same as her own group, who had become similarly lost in the mists. A cool chill raised goosebumps across her skin in the morning’s warmth.

“These other groups: when did they set out? If we find any survivors, should we send them back, or absorb them into our expedition?” Banshee did her best to inject her own questions without overwhelming the captain or stepping on anyone else’s toes, but this seemed important to her. She may not have known exactly why she was there, but to her it seemed obvious that it was for a purpose of good.

She was surprised at this particular group, though. The very tall lady clearly explained that she was not here for the same reason as anyone else, though she did not go into her exact reason. The other two ladies, one noble-looking and the other armed for battle, were engaging in some awkward greeting that seemed far too lackadaisical for the task before them. Only the Sir seemed the sort she would expect to actually take up a quest like this. Were these really the ones that she was meant to assist? She knew that they were, but once again, doubt crept into her thoughts. Was this god who was guiding her, whatever it was, overestimating her abilities? She certainly could not salvage this expedition if her companions were to be as incompetent as she unkindly judged them at this first glance.

“Will you be sending any of your regiment with us?” she added, hopefully not too pointedly.

Last edited:
Naelyn

"Bane, take it easy, they're not used to huge cats here..." She gently pats the black panther's shoulder as they ride into the village. Some brave soldiers nudge each other, pointing at the small figure atop the panther, but most soldiers gawk at the sight of Bane.

She calmly makes her way through until she spots a small group of people, not easy to miss since there's a giant among them, even though she is kneeling.
Naelyn knows most horses get a bit... nervous when Bane gets closer, but she's a halfling with a mission and she pulls her hood back to reveal her face and bright red hair when she approaches the group. "Excuse me, does anyone know where I can find the captain or expedition leader?" She stays atop Bane for now so she doesn't appear as short as she actually is with her 2'6".

Y'Deviuna Mardone
~*~

"Oh, please... please, just Devi," she told Nirva. It wasn't that she felt embarrassed, necessarily, but it felt strange to have someone treating her with such reverence. Not only that, most used those sort of titles with her mother. Desperate as she was for independence, she was not quite ready to accept herself as a peer to her mother insomuch as their standings as noble women. Even the peasants back home didn't scramble over themselves as much as Nirva did- perhaps because they didn't see a reason to bother. Should not introduce herself with her full pedigree? Withholding her family name would prevent any comparisons to her brother and might make others more comfortable in her presence. Smiling warmly she leaned forward- oblivious to the fact this might be misconstrued as flirting. "Only my mother calls me by my full first name. If you call me Y'Deviuna I might think I'm about to be scolded," she joked lightly and congenially.

Talking about Y'Deviuna, or the rest of her family, was likely just to make Nirva Wruk anxious. Personally she was eager to depart the topic and instead seize upon one that was more squarely in her future adventuring companion's comfort zone. "You must be accomplished to be with Ser Arrick," she suggested and her smile widened. It was not at all insincere; this was not flattery that was being given only to be polite. "Perhaps if I show you some of my spells you can show me some of your sword work?" she offered. "I greatly admire the dedication and training it takes to learn mastery of such a weapon. With magic you study and practice, but with what you do it requires keeping yourself healthy, making yourself stronger, and faster on top of the actual training. I am sorry that it does not get more recognition."

Caspian grunted to himself and moved from one side of Y'Deviuna to the other, hunting his perfect patch of grass. Snorting and shaking his mane he looked up briefly, glanced at Nirva, and returned eating. Y'Deviuna patted him absent-mindedly. She still didn't endorse him gorging himself but.. the mist had her worried. Once they were inside there was no telling how much or little vegetation would still be there. With a persistent and thick enough fog plant life would have died. They could very well withstand an assault from bizarre, malevolent entities only to have their beasts of burden starve. As much as she enjoyed the thrill and excitement of new people, they were strangers. It would time to build a bond and rapport. Caspian strangely felt like the only family she had with her and that made her much more concerned for her survival than she would have thought.

Nirva Wruk
Nirva took a deep breath and calmed down a bit. "I'm sorry, I'm usually the last one someone important talks to." She said with a chuckle although she does feel a bit odd at Devi's close proximity. Perhaps she was the kind of noble person that Arrick is, one that doesn't care too much about formalities on the road. She smiled shyly at Devi's later remarks and questions. "Thank you, but in truth Ser Arrick just took me on because I was a terrible maid." She said jokingly and shows her muscles a bit. "I had more strength than the blacksmith's apprentice who was just two days younger than me." She added to that statement. The ice was breaking, mostly her own ice but it was breaking nonetheless. "I can show you some swordmanship but I don't think we can teach each other things overnight." She said with a smile. "But it can be fun nevertheless."

Her horse suddenly got really nervous and tried to move away from something, Nirva calmed him down quickly and looked at what had Jack so startled. Her jaw almost dropped when a massive cat-like creature passes her by with a small humanoid girl on top of it. "What in the world...?" She muttered.

Captain Imke Hallassen

First the Giantess approached her and kneeled before her. The captain looked unimpressed by Isne's size as she has seen her fair share of intimidating things in her life. The Giantess then proclaimed she only sought to join the expedition for some quest of her own instead of wanting to help the Empire. "As long as your personal goal benefits the expedition it's alright." Imke said calmlybefore the Giantess also asked about whether she has entered the mist and she stared coldly at Isne. "I have been into the mist, I walked in a full mile before the lack of life around me and my men unsettled me and my men so much that we left." She said coldly. "It looks just like a regular forest in a thick fog but there's no sounds, no wind, absolutely nothing but the sounds that you make yourself and whatever was slithering in the distance."

Then the half-breed began asking questions as well, starting with the groups. "The other groups set out yesterday and the day before that, the first one had to secure a mile of road and the second was sent to find them when they failed to return." She replied calmly. "If you find any of them I will trust on your discretion on deciding whether they can safely make their way back here or are better off in your expedition." Then the half-breed asked another question that made Imke almost scream inside as if she would depend on some strangers if she had men to spare. "No, none of my men will be going with you as I can't spare anymore of them than I already have." She replied with a fake smile.

Then a newcomer showed up on her huge cat beast, yet again Imke wasn't even phased. The halfling on top of the black cat asked who was in charge of the expedition and Imke just pointed at Arrick. "He's in charge of the expedition." She said calmly before she gestured to some of her men to bring the provisions that they could spare for the adventurers. "These are all the supplies we can spare for your trip to the capital, if all goes well they should last you well enough but do take care." She said as the men piled the few sacks on a heap for the party. "I wish you good luck travelers and may the gods protect you." She then walked off with two of her soldiers to drag a certain Dwarf away for questioning on whether he had a license to sell fish or to even fish within the Empire.

Ser Arrick Felwood

He smiled as the others had already asked any questions he would've asked, the answers weren't the best but at least they received answers. He picked up the bags with provisions and slung them over the back of his pack mule before he looked at the small band of potential heroes that he was now in charge of. He knew it would be very different from fighting bandit raids or attending tournaments but that didn't make him any less ready to fulfill his duty. He smiled warmly at his companions and decided to introduce himself to them all.

"Greetings everyone, for the ones who missed it, my name is Ser Arrick Felwood and I seem to have been chosen to lead our small party into the unknown." He calmly began as he looked around at the party. "I don't rightly know what we will be walking into but you can take my word for it that I will do everything in my power to keep everyone alive and well as long as I live and breathe." He said as he started to gaze at the wall of mist in front of them. "I will love to get to know you all whilst on the road but I believe we should depart as soon as we can if we are to have the best chances of finding the missing soldiers. What say you, my new companions?"

Moonshadowme Moonshadowme Syrenrei Syrenrei Kayso Kayso FancyKiddo FancyKiddo Goaty Love Goaty Love

Satisfied with the vague but promising answers she received from the Captain, Isne stood again, more determined and less insecure than when she had arrived. There were many others in the circle of volunteers that had arrived after she had, and she glanced over each of them to study and get a feel for her new companions, hoping they all had the skills necessary to take on this unknown challenge. She could feel many emotions among the group, ranging from indecisiveness and anxiety to confidence and rebellion, many of these contradictory feelings stirring within the same souls. Including herself. She hoped experience would replace them all with strength, for she had a feeling they would need it.

The man named Felwood was before them now, his own aura just as complicated as everyone else's. She sensed a great leader in him, however, and chose to follow his guidance and trust in his abilities, as long as time would prove them true. It was true that she had been able to read the intents of motivations of her own people of the ice, but she had yet to prove her abilities with the other peoples of this land. She hoped to herself that she would have plenty of time to practice it. Though perhaps not too long. She forced her thoughts away from the exotic new people she had come across and thought of her own people and the great white unknown in which they live: literally and mentally. She could not forget the real reason she was here, and determined to not let her mind wander from her goal. Eager to be on her way, she turned to Ser Arrick.

"What more is needed before we can begin our venture? I would happily offer my assistance in preparations, unless we are ready to begin. I am very much ready to enter the mists."

BANSHEE

Banshee felt she could understand the Captain’s flippancy as she answered their questions. This was a woman who was tired: tired of her responsibilities, tired of her location, tired of losing good soldiers on a fruitless mission. Banshee nodded along as the taller, older woman spoke, and bowed her head as she finished. “I’m sorry for you loss,” she called after her, and offered a soothing smile at the woman’s back. Poor lady.

But as she turned away, the woman was no longer a concern of hers. She didn’t need the mental nudge from her god to remind her that her attentions were needed with those who would enter the Mists, not those who were too scared by the silence to keep going. Had she been so scared when she found herself in the Mists? Without a company of soldiers, might she add? Yes, but that didn’t mean she was chickening out now. She was determined to see this through, to prove her loyalty to her god and save as many people as she could. Starting, it seemed, with those who had become lost in the Mists over the last two days.

“I am ready to move at once, and I have enough provisions for all of us for at least two days. Might we move at once now, retrieve the lost legions, and return? Then we could worry about provisions for a longer journey. It would give us all a chance to acclimate ourselves to the Mists, and leave in safety if they are not to our liking.” Banshee glanced around at the others, not unkindly, but in a pointed sort of way that showed that she didn’t quite trust any of them to have stronger nerves than the Captain. Of course, she was already acclimated to the Mists, and really didn’t find them so awful but for the anguishing pace she’d been forced to maintain, but she supposed not everyone had the reassurance of a divine being to keep the worry and mental fatigue of the place from getting to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back