• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

The man was quite strange to Gsera as he seemed to practically stare at her into her soul through that mask of his. She shifted in her seat somewhat as he took his place next to her, before nodding at his compliment. "Thank you..." she said, before he continued to speak. When prodded about what was on her mind, she realized that it was perhaps too obvious in the way she presented herself that something was wrong. And so she let out a nervous laugh: "W-well... it's just..." she began to say, trying to find the right words to vocalize her feelings. "I heard the spider in my head... it was so *hungry*. An insatiable hunger that consumed its very being... and it was yelling about it in my mind."

The druid then the turned her head away and shook her head: "I wanted to help it... but then I nearly died." Gsera then said, "I nearly died. Stabbed through the chest... it makes me wonder if I even belong out here at all. I don't like to fight... I'm not like Sentry, or Devy... they both know how to take care of themselves."

Interacting: Arvess ( simj26 simj26 )
Mentioning: Sentry ( Breadman Breadman ), Devereaux ( Infab Infab )

The trio of bards neared the carcass of the spider after the fight. Olga took note of the many that were now healing and clutching wounds and those that were moving about helping their comrades. They also made note of the exhausted woman who was sitting and placed a hand on her wound.

"Ah our bards are here." She glanced to them from where she was sitting "Come for inspiration?" A faint smile formed on her face. Volga merely nodded and smiled back. The tree looked to each other as if they had already exchanged their ideas. "Well, don't let me keep you then." The barbarian got up and let out a pained moan "I'll go talk to someone for this."

Some time later

Sentry was bandaged up with whatever healing salves and medicine the chirurgeon had for her. Something about taking it easy for a little while to let the salve do its work and prevent infections. She had no idea what he was talking about, but if he said so, she would listen. She walked around the camp to look that those around her were settling in after the honoring the fallen.

Waylond and Pot were talking with other knights, probably exchanging stories and discussing whatever chivalrous men like them do. A brief glance towards the campfire showed that the trio working on the new song. One was writing, the other was attuning her instrument and the third was...well she was doing something that only made sense to those three. One of the hobbs ran up to her with a ration of the spider meat and hander her the portion.

"Wide fella wanted you to have something extra." He pointed towards where the stout dwarfs had made their place in the camp. Her favorite among them waved as their eyes met even from this distance. "Well take it now. We got more people to serve." She grabbed the meal and kept moving. She eventually spotted Gsera talking to one of their new companions.

"There you are." Sentry spoke up to get her attention "I was getting worried about you, Antlers."

Just as she had brought her up in conversation, Sentry appeared and greeted the druid; which surprised Gsera as she turned to greet her friend with a smile, hiding her feelings as best as she could: "Oh, hi Sentry! I had just mentioned you." Gsera motioned to the masked man sitting next to her. "He's one of the new ones..." she then said before pausing, realizing that she still did not know his name. She chuckled as she rubbed her head: "Ah, I don't seem to have your name?" the druid the asked, hoping to elicit an answer from Arvess finally.

Interacting: Sentry ( Breadman Breadman ), Arvess ( simj26 simj26 )

Last edited:
ArvessArvess was silent, drinking in his companion’s words quietly. A virgin warrior’s worries was vexing. He made a deep, thoughtful sound, before he finally spoke. “I think,” he started, drumming his fingers across the chin of his mask, “you shouldn’t compare your abilities to your peers.” His fingers moved away from his mask, running across his chest, the leather armor adorned with multiple small, sharp tools of his trade. “If everyone were to compare themselves against my skills in my trade, they would feel very worthless indeed! Likewise, if your peers are to compare themselves to what you can do, they would be quite behind, do you not think so?”

His hands dropped back to his knees. “Besides, you are but a budding flower. Take this as a learning experience. These people, ‘Sentry’ and ‘Devy’, you called them? I take it that they are experienced warriors. If you wish to fight, and kill, then I would say that experience is the greatest teacher. There’s no need to judge oneself on one’s first foray, no?”

Heavy footsteps behind him. Not armor. Pure body weight. Distribution implied it was mostly muscle. His hand touched one of the knives strapped across his chest, before he forced himself to relax. He reminded himself that he was amongst allies now. He turned slightly to see his and Sera’s new companion. Sera introduced her as ‘Sentry’. Was that really her name? A small smirk rose underneath his mask.

“Another beautiful flower to rest my eyes on!” He clapped his hands animatedly on his mask. “It must be my lucky day!” He stood up, drawing his cloak around him, and stepped away, shrouding himself in what shadows availed him. “Come, sit with us. Your friend here is feeling quite down in the dumps. I think a closer acquaintance’s company would do her better than this little shadow’s own.”

He bowed his head low at Sera’s query on his name. He had completely forgotten to give his name! It was not exactly a habit of his to pass out his name, real or otherwise, to those in his company. After all, most of them usually ended up dead on the wrong end of his blades. “Oh. A thousand apologies for my rudeness.” He swept one hand theatrically across his chest. “Arvess, and I must say, it is my greatest fortune to have made your acquaintance, Ms. Sentry, Ms. Sera.

joshuadim joshuadim Breadman Breadman

"And here I thought Swifty was our romantic" Sentry commented on Arvess' manners "There was no need for you to inconvenience yourself for me, but I would be rude not to accept your offer." The large woman sat down next to Gsera "But you're gonna have to sit next to me." She patted the spot to her side "I'm not gonna have you stand while we sit on my watch now." She was half-serious, but still she would insist that their new friend was comfortable. She took a bit out of the spider meat. It tasted like the shellfish they used to catch in a different time. Were these animals related, she wondered. "So, what's bothering you?" She turned her head to the druid. "What's got you feeling sad?"

As Arvess spoke, Gsera could only shift uncomfortably as she was not used to being showered in compliments. Though, she didn't put much thought into it as he was going out of his way to be supportive. Additionally, there was also Sentry's arrival as she took a spot next to the druid and asked about her troubles which took Gsera's attention away from Arvess and she gulped. A bit out of anxiety but also embarrassment as she recounted what she spoke to the masked man about. Her near death experience, how she felt out of place and even useless compared to some of the more experienced fighters of the Company. Then there was also the comment made by Berchar... his words stung like a wasp.

"Berchar... he..." Gsera started to say before shaking her head, "How could he say that... after what I've been through? Maybe I am useless after all..." Her voice trailed off as she spotted the man having a laugh with some of his compatriots amongst the company fighters. Gsera gritted her teeth as she couldn't stand the sight of him, reveling and laughing as if NOTHING had happened. Did his words mean so little to be so easily forgotten by him?

Interacting: Sentry ( Breadman Breadman )
Mentioned: Arvess ( simj26 simj26 )

Sentry set aside her food as she listened to Gsera talk. Her appetite subsided as the girl started pouring her hear out about everything. The mention of Berchar made her twitch. She looked to the man far away as he was yacking about with his friends and she balled a fist. She relaxed her grip and returned her focus on Gsera.

"He's an idiot." The barbarian said in a rather uncharacteristic tone. At the same time she extended an arm and wrapped it around Gsera's shoulders to hook her in closer "Hush now about this useless nonsense. Do you think me or the Jester would be good at the spell you cast and weave? No, we wouldn't be. What of the monster? Its dead and you're not. The wound it gave you will heal in time, but its carcass is currently being feasted on while you gain a scar to show you're been tested in battle." She pointed to her own bandage, then a scar on her arm, another on her thigh and a third on her stomach. "You're no frontliner, Antlers. You cast spells. Take pride in that. It would get you far ahead than that malaka."

• COMMBRII2022fcre.jpg

Directly Interacting With:
    Mihret (@The Prophet) Hazel ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa )

~ Camp ~
    ~ Night || ~??? ~

PSYNCIN' IN THE CAPTaiN || Amani's CS File

The camps being drawn allowed for the perfect opportunity to exchange weaponry with the main force of the company. He swiftly contributed to his share of the setting up as food was of no issue with the gracious amounts of spider meat before returning to his first aim. It was rather odd to him that so few took advantage of the stockpile of better-forged weaponry but he supposed to most a sword was a sword. He drew one of the runic swords from their stockpile of inventory leaving his own blade behind.

His own was certainly of great craftsmanship befitting of his station but magic and utility would always outweigh any perceived notion of fashion for himself. He thought of grabbing one of the extra shields as well but the item was not as useful in his hands as it would only weigh him down and get in the way of his spellcraft. He instead called to his friends and beckoned them to consider collecting some finer gear as well.

It was only right they be well equipped if they were to fight others’ battles.

“Hazel, Mihret we should stock up and repair while we can. The next town over is still some ways down the line.”

Gsera turned her head to Sentry and watched with wide eyes as the runekeeper explained and encouraged her with her own role. The doubts that clouded her in the moment parted ways as she did bring up good points; who else could do what she could do? She helped keep the spider's leg at bay for a good time! And she also struck it with thunder... and she healed others! What right did Berchar have to say she was useless? None! she thought to herself. The druid's frown slowly turned to a softer smile as Sentry continued to speak, as her words resonated more with the druid the longer she pondered it.

"You're no frontliner, Antlers. You cast spells. Take pride in that. It would get you far ahead than that malaka."

"...you're right..." Gsera then said, her eyes widening with glee as she stood up. "You're right! I'm a druid of the Eonach Coillte! I don't need a... stinking... swordsman's opinion of me!" Her gaze then turned to Berchar. as he continued his business unabated and oblivious alongside his comrades, and became a scowl: "Especially from someone like him!" But she quickly returned to her cheery self as she turned back to Sentry and gave a thumbs up. "And that's where I'll be then! The back, helping my friends!"

Breadman Breadman

Sentry gave Gsera a reassuring smile as the druid regained her confidence. The giant woman released her from the grip on the shoulder and patted her gently on the head.

"You're a good girl, Antlers." She spoke a bit more gently than just a minute ago. The anger towards Berchar had subsided and replaced with joy for her friend "Now lets celebrate your victory over the beast and eat its meat!" Her eyes wondered towards Arvess as she picked up her food again "Didn't I tell you to come sit with us? Come on then." She patted the spot next to her to signal to the man where to sit.

It warmed the soul so to see someone pick their friend up and dust them down. At least, he was convinced he still had a soul. The widowmaker, the kinslayer, the orphaner. All of these, and more, had been attributed to him, simply because he had wanted some coin to live. His thoughts drifted away and he fell into silence as his mask’s eyes peered down towards the ground. Even amongst his new colleagues, his blades were better honed in the darkness.

Sentry’s voice broke him out of his reverie, and his head snapped upwards to face her direction. He cleared his throat, shaking the memories from his shoulders. “I prefer to loom over others in the dark, but,” he tapped his mask playfully, “if the lady insists, I should be happy to share a seat with her.” He brushed his cloak behind him and took his seat beside her.

“I had thought you capable, but I never imagined you to be so remarkable at lifting Sera’s heart like that.” He tipped his head to Sentry, hoping that it would suffice as a smile. “Isn’t that so, Sera?”

It took time to gather up all the arrows that had been used on the massive creature, in the aftermath of the battle. Well, at least the arrows that were still usable. Several had been snapped or just outright destroyed by the spider's thrashing, the attacks from their newly arrived allies, and the burst of fire from the child. That particular attack was quite surprising, honestly. Who knew the kid could breathe fire? Quite remarkable that one.

Devereaux quietly observed as the group celebrated in the aftermath as well, and attended the burial of those that had fallen in battle. He should have been used to death by now, after being around well over a hundred years. Well, he actually was used to the death. It was what came with it that still bothered him. Those in mourning. Once the bodies were buried, and those of a religious nature stated their peace and blessings and such, Devereaux went about his own business. It seemed the group was setting up camp here, which didn't seem like the best idea with those woods nearby. They just fought a giant killer mutant spider that had emerged from those woods. But he really didn't have a say in the matter. Once back at the camp, he would link up with the Trio and provide some entertainment. Something the group likely needed after the events of the day.

As he had done before, he set up camp a ways away from the rest of the camp. Out of respect for the others that still despised what he was. Once he was done, he took up his lute and returned to main camp. He still had to keep up his upbeat outward appearance for the others, of course. Just like Kat said he should. Who knows? Maybe if he kept doing it, he'd actually believe in what he was doing again.

Katarrik herself made sure that the non-combatants returned safely to the camp after the battle was finished, and assisted in the cleanup once they made sure that the spider was totally dead. And later on, when the spider was being served up as food, she sternly declined. She felt like she had to explain her fear of spiders a dozen times over the course of the evening and night. But eventually, people stopped pushing for her to eat the spider and instead offered alternatives. The alternatives, of course, she happily partook of.

After banishing her fire elemental, Malthara returned to her wagon. Choosing to watch as the group cleaned up and socialized before setting up camp. She preferred this to actively seeking out people to talk to. She didn't hate people, of course. She just simply preferred to be with her own thoughts, or a good book. But of course, with new arrivals, she'd likely have to actually talk and introduce herself when the time came. Especially if they chose to tag along, which several did.

There was one person she genuinely wished to talk to, though. And as soon as people had settled down and were eating and socializing, she stood from her seat on the wagon and began to search for Gawain.

• ~ The Camp~

~ Night || ~??? ~

NO-COLOR MEMORY || Ahanu's CS File

“Now, that should be better.”

Ahanu snapped her head up at the clear and legible words. The light had momentarily distracted her but she could now hear the chatter of the people clearly. For so long she’d only heard the bizarre and exotic sounds strung together with little more comfort than Pandora who somehow spoke her home language.

She looked at them all with new eyes as even the beasts managed to string together words she could understand. She spoke once more expecting to hear the same sounds of her language somehow she worked out those same foreign sounds and yet she understood them. This overwhelming feeling brought forth tears to her eyes as the world felt more vibrant. No longer did her skin crawl with unease from the inability to understand others.

It would do nothing to change her clearly foreign appearance but she’d be able to hear the barbs being thrown her way and more easily and prepare for when they were being conned. She forced her way up almost dropping what was left of her dinner before catching herself.

“Amazing…”

She shoved more of the spider chunk into her mouth ripping it apart before tossing the rest to her beasts. She had people to question. Specifically a certain someone who had been working on welcoming her through the language barrier already. She would be able to converse back for once. A new world was opened to her. Her feet hit the ground and she found the one she was looking for.

B2EF0076-D657-4680-B39D-5293A224B421.jpeg

Interacting With:
    Cecila ( EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98 ) Cassius (NPC?)

After determining that he would be of little use with being friendly with the Hamalans, Gawain shifted away to examine the corpse of their kill. For latent magics to cause it to grow to such a staggering size was really quite extraordinary, and he kept his distance as the workers carved it up. What he at first thought was the gathering of materials for research was soon revealed to be done for the purposes of preparing a meal. Though the undead mage could no longer eat, he thought it to be rather curious that they were so quick to consume something that had devoured and killed many of their fellow company members. Perhaps it could be seen as cathartic, in some respects?

Due to his position in the company he did not skulk in the background of the rites that had taken place, standing near the front as he calmly listened to the prayers being spoken and eulogies given. There was part of himself remiss that he could not morally use the fallen as undead thralls to assist with their exploratory efforts all the better, but it was of no great importance to have such help at the moment regardless.

By the time the camp was set up and the others were eating and conversing, Gawain had retired to his tent. The witch in search of him could likely place it, as it was a decent distance away from the others and had an ethereal glow coming from within. A light of magical essence that was illuminating the various tomes the skull-faced wizard had been pouring over at that time.

Malthara quietly walked through the camp, passing by various members of the group as they spoke amongst one another and enjoyed their meals. She wasn't particularly partial to spiders, considering them more of an interest to simply watch than eat, but if the others wanted to make a meal out of the massive spider then she wouldn't say a word. After all, this thing had just tried to kill them and had actually managed to kill a few members of the group. Eventually, she spotted the glowing tent which housed the necromancer. She bee-lined for it, moving past a few others, before soon arriving.

"Gawain." she said as she stood outside, "It's Malthara. I would like a word with you, if you're not busy." She looked back at the others, making sure that nobody was close enough to the tent to hear what she had to discuss with its occupant. Private matters should remain private matters.

Despite not having ears, the wizard could hear the approach of the witch without issue. He had been sitting cross-legged on a tarp of sorts, all manner of odd apparatus surrounding him as he researched various subjects. There were still very little leads in the way of locating this god-like being's location, and even then he would have to figure out its nature and how to contain to for further studying. Each night had him trying out various methods of experimentation as he plucked at the strings of reality in various measured experiments. To have tried so many things and be no closer to his goal could be frustrating in a sense, but patience brought on by experience as well as his new found immortality were more than enough to keep his temper relaxed.

When hailed he would slowly get up from his seated position, stepping over his various instruments as he made his way over to the entrance of his tent. "Frankly I am always busy, madam. Yet I still find time for other matters," he calls out before lifting the flap to peer at her. "What is it that you need of me? You are welcome to come inside, if you're careful not to step upon my work."

"Its regarding a rather particular issue I have." she replied, taking up Gawain's offer and slipping through the flap in the tent. She was careful, gracefully avoiding any instruments and tomes that may have been lying around, before finding an empty spot and sitting down cross-legged. She hesitated to speak again, her eyes darting between the instruments before and around her. Interesting little things, but would likely be of no help for her own issues.

"...You're the most experienced magic user among our group. In addition, you work with arts that most deem dark and forbidden." she started, speaking softly as her gaze eventually shifted back to Gawain. She paused for a moment, seemingly looking for the right words or simply trying to work up the nerve to actually speak them. "...Have you ever dealt with infernal magic? Or at least studied it?"

She looked to the ground before her. "...I speak particularly of the arts involving demons. The entities themselves, the rituals used to summon them, binding them to do your bidding, and so on."

"Peculiar you say? Well, I do happen to like peculiar..." he mutters, turning aside so that she could enter. It was a rather small space, but the wizard had managed to bring in many of his tomes and materials from his enigmatic tower. Simple spells to transport whatever he might need back and forth made it easy for him to set up these impromptu labs whenever he saw it necessary. Teleporting such things is trivial, spells that transposed living souls and their bodies were the more difficult and... dangerous ones.

For that reason Malthara could see many a stacked tome, small gyroscopic instruments with shimmering crystals at their spokes and even glassware strewn about the place. As she got settled he took a seat across from her, crossing his legs once more for the sake of preserving their very limited space as he picked up various items and moved them to less intrusive positions. He was silent as she made note of his experience, merely nodding to let her speak her mind.

"Infernal magic?" he repeats. "Hm, I have had some dealings. There is an overlap of it in my varying schools of study, though I cannot say I have ever written or used fully infernal rituals. Binding souls, ripping them from their hosts - yes I can do that easily. Summoning creatures from other planes of existence is also doable with effort, surely. The more... unique and powerful the being, the more it wishes to reside wherever it naturally exists, after all. I digress."

"Now given our... dealings with a certain cult and its demonic ringleader that assailed us, I should probably be suspicious of you asking such questions... And yet I am not so ignorant to deny your curiosity so," Gawain reasons, pragmatic as ever. "Is there a certain demon you are trying to shackle? Perhaps destroy?"

"Demonic magic? Bah!" said Edgar, his voice muffled beneath Gawain's robes and before Malthara could question whose voice was it, the Lich quickly spoke again. "Before you ask, Elementalist, I am Magister Edgar Vatrine of the Royal Magic Academy of Eran, no doubt you've heard of me, Elf."

Of course, anyone who delved in magic had an idea of who Edgar was, he discovered many spells and is considered to be among the most knowledgeable and powerful wizards of Helmos. "Demon Magic, or Occultism, is the most primitive and straightforward types of magic, it all takes a juvenile wizard summoner to make a pact with a demon and suddenly they believe themselves to Althanorias the Corrupted." It was clear that the undead wizard had no love for the occult craft.

"Dealing with such simple creatures like demons is stupid and anyone who even thinks they can deal and come on top of the demon ilk are even more stupid than those who fear them!" Malthara could now see the vibrant glow of the ruby hidden beneath Gawain's robes, the gem was getting hotter, a sign that Edgar was getting worked up on the subject. "Demons are soulless beings unable to feel the most basic of human emotions, they only care about one thing and that is to please their overlords, the Demon Princes and Nyarlaexedum."

"I certainly do hope you are not here hoping to "shackle" a demon, only the "Djinn Masters" are able to do shackle extraplanar beings... bastard Kasemidians and their stupid Fate..."

Malthara went to respond to Gawain, but was quite quickly interrupted by the muffled voice from within Gawain's clothes. And soon, she'd know who it was. She was quite familiar with the Magister, having both heard and read plenty on him over the years either through her magical studies or simple reading in her spare time. But she did not expect Magister Vatrine to be here, or even listening in. Had he been listening in on Gawain, and everyone else, this whole time?

"...I..." she said, hesitating again. The flurry of heated words from the Magister had her reconsidering talking to Gawain at all. Eventually, she just came out and said it. "...I do not wish to shackle a demon. I wish to banish one back to its origins. And if that is not possible, I wish to destroy it."

Though Gawain had a certain tone of enthusiasm to his voice and demeanor, his shoulders slumped as soon as Edgar went on a tirade. The heat of the gem was barely registering against his undead flesh, more of an added annoyance and it glowed hotly. It was rather difficult to place how the skull-faced mage felt about anything, but Malthara could see him making an exasperated sigh. 'See' being the key term, as it was completely silent as he just dropped his jaw and silently huffed. The wizard had lost the ability to breathe.

"A rather narrow-minded outlook, I must say. The failings of those who delve into occultism are numerous, yes, but skilled practitioners of the magical arts are able to bind demons and manipulate them much like any other force or being. It is extraordinarily difficult, and the summoner ends up being the one controlled more often than not, but it is possible," he replies. "After all, my aim is to bind something far more powerful than a paltry imp or what have you. It's all simply a matter of proper preparation and precaution."

Malthara stating her true intent got him to roll his jaw about, starting to nod. "Ah. Banishment is marginally easier than summoning and binding. Destruction... perhaps slightly easier or far more difficult depending on your... 'prey', as it were," Gawain stated. "What sort of demon has spurned on this desire?"

Malthara listened as Gawain spoke, considering how to explain herself as he got to the ultimate question.

"What sort of demon has spurned on this desire?"

Malthara's eyes shifted back to the ground. She was silent for a moment, before eventually sighing. "I do not know exactly what type of demon it is, but it has been following me for several years. Stalking me continuously, as if to haunt me for the wrongs I committed. To rub in that I was a complete imbicile for even considering venturing further down the path of occultism while still so inexperienced in its arts at the time."

She went silent again, before looking up at Gawain. "I summoned a demon using an infernal ritual. I was aided by the closest friend I had at the time. One of the people I cared about the most. The ritual was mishandled. I made several dire miscalculations. Far too many. And..." she said, before her eyes drifted to the side. "...The demon easily broke free of my control...and possessed my friend."

"...It still controls my friend's body, and uses it to torment me. I fear that his soul may still be inside his flesh, held captive by the demon. Or worse...the demon may have already consumed it." she continued, "...If he is still in there, I wish to exorcise the demon and banish it. And if he's truly gone...then..."

"...Everything I've tried hasn't worked. And I swore off studying occultism for what I did. If I must study it again, however, in order to save my friend, I will do so. Before I commit down that path, however, I wished to speak with you to see if you would be willing to help me. Or... if you had any ideas, at least, if you are not willing to assist. I wish not to interrupt your own efforts and duties."

She then glanced to where the ruby shown through Gawain's robe. "The Magister's assistance would also be greatly appreciated as well, if he is willing to assist." she added.

Gawain listened intently to Malthara's explanation, thumb and index finger cupping his bony chin as he leaned forward somewhat. A tale of hubris and youthful foolhardiness, and pretty much exactly the sort of situation that Edgar had described seconds before. The hesitation in her voice after the opinionated lich's explosion was making perfect sense now. The undead wizard could have pointed out the parallel, but he only salted the wounds of his bumbling apprentices. Malthara here was seeking his aid in recognition of past mistakes so there was no point to belittling her.

"Most troubling indeed," he starts with a reserved tone in his voice. "I cannot help but think that you are looking at this from the wrong angle, however. To try to use infernal magic on this demon is a fool's venture, I feel, as there are no better masters of the craft than the demons themselves. The enigmatic state of your companion's soul is of interest to me. I am capable of weaving spells that are able to manipulate souls, but we would need to determine how tightly bound they are to this demon..."

As he postulates, the mention of his forays into magic that controlled one's living essence, his wraith emerged from beneath the earth and floated between them, its vacant and featureless hood glowing with two blue pinpricks that scanned the two individuals as it floated there silently. With a grunt of annoyance he waved at its spectral form, silently informing the apparition to leave them be as he continued to ponder the elf's situation.

"The subject of banishment of infernal beings tends to be more relegated to holy practitioners, invoking the power of their gods through prayer to force such bothersome pests from their vessel. I am not one to rely on petty gods for my work; I've no desire to be indebted to a so-called higher power. Yet... if your companion's soul is not consumed, it may be possible to break the binding the demon has over that soul. Perhaps... suffusing their body with directed cosmic energies or life essence could break the demon's grasp. I am merely theorizing though..." Gawain grumbles.

"Edgar. Given that our sensibilities on the occult and gods likely align in this matter, what might you suggest for an unbinding spell?"

Edgar did not respond immediately, which gave the impression that he had lost interest on the matter entirely, but before Gawain could speak again, Edgar's voice echoes from within the gem. "...There are many spell of unbinding depending on the beings involved, ever heard of Angels? The servants of Isaru, a distant, other wordly God, they sometimes posses the soul of people so that they can spread the faith of their god, to unbind them one needs to place the afflicted person on a circle surrounded by Iron tablets written in the holy language of the Terrans while chanting an ode to Isaru, then there's the Djinn and the other ancestors spirits, all of them requiring different rites to remove them... holy salts, paprika, bronze ingots, etc... as for Demons? I am afraid, mademoiselle that you need to learn what type of demons has taken a hold of your friends soul."

"Servants of Pride need to gaze upon themselves on mirrors, once the demon latches itself into the mirror, it has to be destroyed... Servants of Lust can be defeated in many ways, a chant to the many Gods of Love, offering the possessed a ring of Iron while chanting the Amour Sombre, but the sight of true love, whatever that means, can banish such demons as well."
Edgar remained quiet once more, allowing Malthara to process all he just said. "...there are other ways of course, Clerics of Gaia have a way to destroy binded beings, the problem with this is that since the creature is being forcefully banished by Gaia's light, they might... harm the possessed in irreparable ways on their way out."

"...there are other ways of course, Clerics of Gaia have a way to destroy binded beings, the problem with this is that since the creature is being forcefully banished by Gaia's light, they might... harm the possessed in irreparable ways on their way out."

Malthara cast her gaze back to the ground. "...That option is the final resort. I do not wish to harm my friend unless there's no way to save them." she responded, before glancing down to her hands. They were resting on her knees, as she sat cross-legged on the ground. She flipped one over, rubbing her fingertips together for a few moments as she thought. Recalling the ritual she had performed so many years ago. The details, the act, the aftermath...

"...I believe it was a servant of Pride." she soon muttered, her gaze tracing her fingers. "The ritual was performed using information from several third parties. That was my second mistake. My first being even considering summoning the creature in the first place. The ritual was a ghastly amalgamation of bits and pieces of information that I could gather on the subject without actually seeking out a practicing cultist. And recalling the details... and why this creature chose to possess my friend and stalk me all these years.... it makes the most sense. I was far too prideful in my youth."

She then looked up to Gawain once more. "...If we should encounter my friend on this journey, I feel it is best that you know his name." she stated, before drawing a sketch from inside a pouch on her hip. She held the roll of paper out to Gawain, before speaking again. "His name is Kretel Khalym, or simply Kretel. He has always introduced himself by that name to others."

The sketch was of a young elf with blackened hair, dressed in a deep brown robe like that of other mages. The most striking thing about his appearance was that his eyes had shifted in color to where the sclera was darkened, allowing his irises to resemble gleaming red rubies in a sea of black, and his face was now covered in crawling black marks resembling tattoos. All seemed to lead away from his eyes, stretching down his cheeks and up the sides of his forehead.

"That's how he looked the last time I saw him, a year ago. I know he's still following me, however, as people have spoken of him passing through areas I frequent over the past few months."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back