• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

9b0f6d20ce292777311eb77050413900.jpg

Tatum Aurani-Fafner of Abertsleigh

When the creature lost its balance, Tate felt the rush of air before he noticed. He scrambled back with an audible squeak, breaking into a mad dash, and was sent flying forward by the almighty crash. He surfaced in the debris, pushing fallen tree limbs and dirt from his legs. He landed badly this time, his ankle caught under a heavy bow, he came away with a slight limp, but otherwise none the worse for wear.

Tate took several steps back in awe, he could feel the vibrations in the earth as the creature made its deep, ancient sounds, clearly in pain. He couldn't help feel a hint of pity.
"It was just an animal after all, wasn't it?"

There had been a bolt of lightning, and fire, sword, spear and arrow. Tate hadn't registered everything that had happened, but the chaos of the final moments he wouldn't soon forget. He was limping slowly back to the collecting groups when a new blaze caught up. The light illuminated the glasses on his face and it burned with such intensity...and...familiarity? As soon as he had the thought, what seemed like a memory began to fade, sinking away from him like a stone in water. Perhaps it was not important.

The source of the fire was the young girl they had helped. The one who had alerted Olivier's company to the fight. Tate started for her, concerned and intrigued, but others were at her side first and he felt he might overwhelm the poor thing, so he would speak to her afterwards.

Tate couldn't help but smile as the celebrating parties lifted their heroes up in the din of their triumph. They had done it! And he had helped! Several men brushed past him as they ran to join and at the moment, Tate's smile faded just a little. There were those congratulating Olivier for his fine work, throwing Nora up like a queen of the battle field.
No one marked him.

Don't be foolish. He chastised himself, All I did was supply information, when would they have discovered it was me?
Tate shrugged, and decided to be happy for the heroes. Besides, his usefulness was far from over! On the other side of the battle there was a new rush, and Tate joined it with all the energy his adrenaline still afforded him: An infirmary needed to be built and the wounded healed. Tate could help with that.

He rushed to and fro, handing out the small amounts of healing potion he had stocked in his bag and instructing on the creation of more. He helped start campfires, heat water, sterilize surgical equipment, run towels and blankets to and fro. It was on one such trip he overheard the conversation about Amani, and glanced at the man through a critical gaze.
"He's alright I suppose." Tate admitted begrudgingly, recounting the judgement he had received earlier. Whether it was the words or their verity that irked him more, he refused to think about.

As Tate worked, he ignored the growing fatigue and the pain in his ankle. He was fine, and there was so much more healing that needed to be done...

mentions: Taigakitt Taigakitt BriiAngelic BriiAngelic Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Vexumin Vexumin

EdwardDewey98 EdwardDewey98 joshuadim joshuadim

People. Far more than Nora was used too, that's for sure. And they were on her in moments after the spider had fallen. They all seemed to be excited, but an assassin never really gets people cheering for them or celebrating their accomplishments. Even when a job was done for the greater good, death was not something to rejoice over. Here however, this was a celebration for the lives saved perhaps. Even so, Nora was not a fan of the crowd rushing her. A hand snaked its way down towards the hilt of a blade, but before it was drawn, she was siezed!

"H-Hey! Let me down! Let me down NOW!"

She shouted for freedom, unable to protect herself from the horde as they began to launch her into the air. She shrieked as she started flying upwards, but her pleas to be let go were somewhat drowned out. Ultimately, she did not entirely mind the celebrating. What she did mind though were all the hands on her. This was a very dangerous means of contact.

"SUCCUBUS BLOOD!"

She tried to shout as a warning over the cheers to little avail. By the time she was freed, she was blushing and shaking a bit. Seems someone was not a huge fan of being touched. Before it became a big deal, she scampered off towards the caravan. She needed more fabrics around her. She was already quite dressed up in a tunic and pants and undershirt, but in mere moments she had a cloak wrapped around her body. A heavy one at that.

As she watched people still tossing Chi'sa into the air, she could only hope that no one got a bit too handsy with her in there. Nora could not really tell with all the people that were involved with tossing her up. She shudders a bit.

"Well... first time something like that's ever happened to me."

Perhaps no one was charmed after all that. Her only concern was that succubus blood ran both ways. On both those around her and Nora herself. She was a bit hot, but she could control that. She just needed a second. As she took some time to herself, she saw Tate running about, doing what he could for the injured. He was a good guy. She suddenly felt bad. Why did folk celebrate her? All she did was do her part as a cog in the plan. It was him to have the info that let them achieve victory... until the riflemen came that is.

She slipped about, dodging folk as she made her way for Tate. She took a second to position herself in a place just off his busy path. When he neared, she reached out, taking hold of a sleeve, if only to halt him for a second.

"Thanks... for all of your help. I was kind of lost and blind before you showed up. You helped make me useful. I owe you."

With that, she would let him go, seemingly moving to creep away.

Mentions: Taigakitt Taigakitt

Interacts with: SilverFlight SilverFlight

Olivier de Lyonesse
And so it was that the battle was done at last. Caked in grime and spider-guts, Olivier trudged through the mire, his course set, when he was waylayed by a tide of celebrants. He let them use him for their reverie, like a tool in their hands. That was the duty of a monarch, a leader: to give meaning to the lives of his supplicants. Olivier joined the men in a rousing cheer that lifted the spirits of all, but left him colder for it.

He had a mind to search for Tate, to ensure that the scholar had remained as unscathed as the last time he'd laid eyes on him—else he'd march to Hel itself and uncover the truth of whether a spider could die twice. But before he could catch a glimpse of his fellow, another man's visage crossed his path. A knight, By the looks of it. Olivier turned to accept him, only to catch the movement of a large shape looming from out of the corner of his eye.

He placed a reassuring hand upon Percival’s flank, as if reminding him that the battle was over. The half-man seemed to relax under his liege’s touch.

"Your Company fights well for map-makers!" Olivier said with a joking smirk before turning to the business at hand. "Ser, if you could direct me to the leader of this Company? I would have a word."

From there, the quarter moved on, until they came upon an old knight tending to the work. He bore the look of leadership; he was a man that Olivier thought he ought to know.

The heir apparent to the Dukedom of Lyonesse strode forth and intercepted the man in his tracks. Surely, there was work to be done, wounds to be tended, supplies to be gathered. But surely, there were workmen and women who were better suited to do it. Surely, the leaders ought to spend their time leading.

With a touch of his hand, he stayed Alberto in his tracks.

"Monsieur. A word."

Calocis Fellshade
Sat up against a stump, Calocis watched as the infirmary rose up around him. He snarled at a priestess who'd approached him with her un-holy sigils. "Get thee hence," he hissed, then hissed again as the pain in his side re-doubled. The diminutive jumping spider observed him quizzically from its perch atop his shoulder. Chittering curiously in his ear, the creature skittered away as it heard a new pair of footsteps approaching.

Yet another had come to check his wounds. He readied to chase them away again, but a sudden lance of pain through his side left him unable to lift a finger—let alone move from the slump he'd found himself in, hunched like a crippled lamb beside the roots of a dead, gnarled tree. A resigned sigh was all he could do as the vulture descended upon him, touching him with their filthy, heathen hands. He imagined the heretic's death, purged in blackflame. It was all Cal could do to keep sane under current duress.

Last edited:
"Your Company fights well for map-makers! Ser, if you could direct me to the leader of this Company? I would have a word."
"I honestly forget we are meant to map out the realms with this company." Waylond returned the joke. "Our leader would be Ser Alberto. Let's not keep you waiting." The knight motioned with his right hand for Oliver to follow. Finding the old knight wasn't hard. He made it so much easier by directing traffic. Never seems to take a moment to rest. Waylond and Pot halted to let the young lord move past them and talk to Alberto, giving one more respectful nod before attending to some post-battle work.

• COMMBRII2022fcre.jpg

Directly Interacting With:
    Mihret ( The Prophet The Prophet ), Chi'sa ( Taigakitt Taigakitt )

Indirectly Interacting With:
    Hazel ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa ), Oliver ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ), Tate ( SilverFlight SilverFlight )
    ~ Spider Battle ~
    ~ Midday || ~12:00pm ~

ヴェントのテーマ (Ventus's Theme) || Amani's CS File

The spider lay slain.

It took little time for Amani to take the opportunity to dismount from the horse and glance over the battlefield. It was an instinctual response to immediately start to catalogue any casualties and major injuries. With the bloodbath that occured it might be days before a true funeral could be held for the ones lost, if they ever did.

The sounds of foriegn words echoed around the clearing making it clear that he would have yet another language he needed to pick up if he wished to converse with the others. He spotted a few stopping to stare at him and merely nodded in their directions as he passed. Camaraderie would go a long way even as he was unable to converse.

Besides he’d long since knew he gained his mother’s features. He couldn’t fault them for staring at someone so clearly not Hamalan or Aelian. Better the odd stare at him than them heckling others of the company. He paused to take in the sight of the child who seemed to spit an enormous wave of fire at the enemy before it was felled being hoisted in the air. He shouted to her in Aelian as he passed her and the crowd by in his mission to find Mihret among the crowd of celebrating men.

“Dry those tears and take pride in that strength. It kept you alive to see another day.”

He figured that the child would be occupied for the moment and there would be no lack of those coddling her. Oliver seemed to already take stride in his leading. He’d been beside Hazel the entire time and knew his wild friend was unharmed. The alchemist seemed intent on fiddling around this way and that so he was well enough. Which meant the first order of his business was ensuring Mihret actually got that wound treated. Then he would be able to touch base with Oliver, take inventory, and help the caravan settle into the company.

“So tell me truthfully, just how bad is that injury of yours? Does it need to be mended or do you get to avoid that tortuous magic for today?”

Tate was focused: focused on his task, focused on the pain in his ankle, and on not dropping the stack of cloths he had liberated from one of the ruined crates. The touch came as a surprise and he fumbled, nearly dropping the stack.
"Oh dear!" He managed to grab most of them, pulling them back up into his arms, crumpled, but safe.

"Oh! It's you. Erm, Nora was it?"

Tate blinked when he heard the words of gratitude. He stared for a solid moment and slowly, a sheepish smile bloomed upon his face.
"Oh well that's just nonsense! It was your skill that got the job done in the end, wasn't it? I just pointed at which bit to stick...You were really quite marvelous you know, all that with the rope swing, and the acrobatics!"

Involved in his brief reminiscence, he was startled to find her trying to creep off already. "W-wait!"
He shifted the bundle of cloths in his arms to try and peer at her over top of them. "I heard what you were shouting over there, you don't have to handle the patients if you'd rather not, but I could really use an extra hand making potions and boiling water."

He held out a portion of the cloths for Nora to take. "Please?"

Vexumin Vexumin

Nora had stopped when Tate began to speak to her after she had told him what she thought. She felt a bit guilty, having surprised him as she had. Sneaking was just something she was good at. She startled plenty of her "sorta friends" in the past with her affinity for stealth. At the very least he was able to compose himself with some noticeable skill.

"Oh well that's just nonsense! It was your skill that got the job done in the end, wasn't it? I just pointed at which bit to stick...You were really quite marvelous you know, all that with the rope swing, and the acrobatics!"

, he said in return to her words. She wasn't sure how to take that. She clearly didn't think so herself, according to the look on her face, hidden partially by the bulky cloak surrounding her.

"I just did what I always do. It's in my profession. I just do as I'm ordered. Just as the brain tells the body what to do... N-No. That's a bit much. Too full of myself. I'm more of a... a tool. Yeah, just a tool. Something that helps get the job done."

She was content with leaving it at that, but Tate was quick to stop her before she could just disappear in the crowd.

"I heard what you were shouting over there, you don't have to handle the patients if you'd rather not, but I could really use an extra hand making potions and boiling water."

He held out a portion of the cloths for Nora to take. "Please?"

Nora had just gone silent for the most part. It was almost eerie just how still she got when in thought. Like a statue, minus all the dramatic poses. Tate was kind, like a few of the folk that she had met so far. A small part of her was skeptical. Him hearing her shouting about succubus blood. Some people try to take advantage of that fact, but she wasn't sure that was what he was doing.

As per her previous observation, he was just real nice.

"Yeah, handling patients at the moment is... dangerous. Pain and pleasure are almost one and the same to someone with succubus blood."

She stared at the cloths for a moment before she carefully takes them from him, being sure not to touch his hands as she accepted the fabrics.

"Alright. I'll help."

Interacting with: SilverFlight SilverFlight

Alberto had celebrated with other members of the company, giving pats on the back to some of the fighters who were also in jubilation of their collective feat, while also providing some words of comfort to those that only now begun to look after their dead. Having approached Jean-Yves, a young fighter from Eranoire, he saw how he was crouched next to the felled corpse of Mathéo, or the 'Princeling' as he had been known by his peers. Alberto's grimaced as he saw how unceremoniously such a well-liked member of the company had been slain and placed a hand onto Jean-Yves' shoulder for added comfort to the young lad, who was silently letting tears roll down his cheeks. "He would have been proud of all of us." Alberto remarked softly, "A feat truly worthy of his stature." Jean-Yves remained silent as his head dipped down in solemn remembrance, which was cue enough for Alberto to leave the lad well enough alone as he turned his attention elsewhere.

A few steps away, he was taken hold of by the approach of Olivier who sought an audience. "The efforts of the House of Lyonesse came at the best time. Your captain and retinue fight well." Alberto gave a smile to the lordling, "What brings the son of the Duke of Lyonesse out so far here? Surely not for a leisurely stroll." he then asked inquisitively, adding a chuckle at the end that was meant in jest.

Interacting: Olivier ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

---

As Pepin walked to inspect the new Uhlander additions to the Company, he noticed that a few of them would spare nervous glances towards Gawain; likely due to his undead appearance. A few of them fidgited their rifles or shifted uncomfortably where they stood, their eyes following the undead wizard's movements which brought out a snort from the older mercenary. "Merde. Fight a giant spider alongside you and they still view you with suspicion." Pepin muttered before looking at the wizard. "Do you know any Hamalan? Mine is rather basic. I'll need to bring some discipline into them."

Interacting: Gawain ( Dmaster Dmaster )

Screenshot 2022-12-18 210504.png

Collab B/W Brii & Mook [Ahanu & Pandora]

With the end of the battle both Ahanu and Pandora had set down near the spider. Without wasting much time Pandora dismounted and stretched for a moment. “Well th-” Pandora began to say, her voice suddenly vastly different than it had been a few minutes ago. Putting a single finger up to her lips she hesitated before speaking again, looking at Ahanu, speaking in her language “Remember that weird thing I said would happen, it seems it made my voice different.” She continued.

Ahanu nodded seemingly used to this. With a whistle she called Kwahn to their sides. She’d long since passed the point where she worried about the strange things that life sought to throw their way. Pandora was a trusted ally, which was all she cared to know. Kwahn quickly answered the call leading the foot soldiers of their party along into the clearing. Once Kwahn made it to the two the fox quickly made its way up Ahanu’s body settling in on her neck.

The weird nature of her magic had without reason turned Pandora’s voice from its normal one into that of the spider, a voice only Gsera would recognize. “Weirdness aside…” She trailed off before pulling a piece of meat from the baked exoskeleton of the spider. Breaking it into three she passed one to Ahanu then held the other down to her side. Like a striking scorpion a three jawed tail jutted out from Pandora’s backside and snapped shut around the second piece, the tail beginning to chew. Moving the third up to her mouth she took a bite.

Teeth biting straight through the exoskeleton of the spider like butter she gave a small wave with her free hand. “Uhhh.” She muttered through a mouthful of spider “Pandora and that's Ahanu. She speaks… Well, you likely have no idea what she speaks nor where she comes from. She's good at quite a few things, beast training best amongst them and I am… weird?” She answered ending with a half questioning statement on herself.

Ahanu was quick to dismiss the words being spoken to her due to having little body movement to help her to understand the human which approached them. Instead she looked around cataloguing interesting beasts the party had. One walking skeleton, one large canine, a wolf being ridden by a small child, many horses, an overly large frog, a slime, a walking human sized bird, a lizardman, and a child with horns. So many beasts but so little time, she pulled at Pandora before speaking.

“BEASTS! So many BEASTS. A magical one would be advantageous… how do they keep so many under control. Who is their Beastspeaker?”

Looking over to Ahanu as she spoke she then looked back at Cecila “There are quite a few different creatures around here. Any magical ones? Oh and how do you keep them all controlled?” Pandora asked motioning at Ahanu “She wants to know.”

Gawain's gaze was rather inscrutable as he felt all the fearful and disgusted eyes fall upon him, the only annoyance one could glean from his face was how he unhinged his jaw lazily before closing it again. "Same as it ever was," he replied flatly to Pepin. It had always been more tiresome than hurtful to gauge such reactions from the uninitiated, yet there was no use lamenting over how macabre his current form was. Gawain had always preferred to work outside of the public eye anyway.

"Do you know any Hamalan? Mine is rather basic. I'll need to bring some discipline into them."

"I know only the most basic of phrases and words. It might take some doing to actually hold a conversation with someone who has been speaking it their whole life," the undead wizard stated honestly.

• Fanart Omniscient Readers.jpg
    BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Indirectly Interacting With:

The Company
    ~ Battle Aftermath ~

So, It had remembered to die.

Mihret wasted little time as the party broke off into their post-battle celebrations and introductions; the dark skinned knight took a knee and pointed the tip of his longsword to the ground. "Akzeptiere diesen Sieg in deinem Namen, und gewähre mir einen weiteren." Hopefully his visor would hide the blood on his lips, or that Gaia would not mind. Mihret kneeled for a few full seconds, eyes cast downward to the blood trailing down his blade and the spider's corpse before him. It was not a dragon, but it would make for a fine offering for now. Standing, the armoured man whistled once, turning on a heel and hearing the familiar clops of his horse finding their way back to him as Mihret made for his polearm. He would have to redo maintainance on his weapons later. And perform some work on his armor. Suppose he could switch to a more nimble outfit, but he would prefer to stay ready for battle. It certainly helped that the visor helped shut out some of the noise, so he could better focus on his tasks. His horse was on him now, and Mihret hefted up his poleaxe and tucked it into a pack near the saddlebags. Thinking intently on the yet more work that needed to be done, he hardly noticed the figure behind him.

“So tell me truthfully, just how bad is that injury of yours? Does it need to be mended or do you get to avoid that tortuous magic for today?”

".."

If one didn't know Mihret as well as the oh so familiar voice behind him did, they'd never guess the subtle tells of suprise in his shoulers and hands. He turned slowly, touching his gauntleted hand to his helmet visor once more to make sure it was still down despire all the checks before. Pehaps he didn't want Amani to see the traces of blood explelled when he hit the ground and worry, or maybe he was just embarrassed he saw him take the hit. Perhaps both. "...I will be fine, Amani. Please do not worry, It was but a small knock. Are you okay? You are not hurt?" He lied and asked stepping forward with a small bow. Oof, he would be feeling stiff for a time.About to simply hide it and move on, Mihret caught himself. He could not bring himself to lie like so, least of all to them. "Actually, I will not lie to you. A touch-up would be appreciated. But if there are more wounded than I, forget about me. I can always work more." Through the slit for visibility he looked around, rolling his shoulder to check for said injured.

"I do not want to be selfish."

Post Notes [TLDR]: The spider is dead. Mihret makes sure his visor is down, fetches his polearm and whistles for his horse, and then talks to Amani.

ArvessSpiders did not make for good hunting. Large ones, especially. Skittering all over the place, their many-legged forms contorting unnaturally to match the terrain and walls, their many eyes glistening in spots of light. They gave him the shivers, they do. Humanoid forms were much easier for his stomach to handle. They did not crawl upon walls. They did not have freakish amounts of body parts. He found comfort in observing his two traveling companions. They were normal. Normal-ish. Still a little strange. At least they were a fair bit easier on the eyes. His soft footsteps approached from behind Pandora and Ahanu, his masked visage observing the rest of the company present.

“Take care not to eat the whole thing, darling,” Arvess withdrew a knife from under his cloak, and set to work on the dead spider, taking care to step aside from the ichor that splashed outwards from Pandora’s feasting. Carving out an eye from the body, and then a single section of the leg, he stepped back, cleaning the knife upon his glove, and sheathed it back under the shadows of his cloak.

Then, he swept his hand over his chest, extending the other outwards, bowing low. Underneath his cloak, a variety of vials, weapons, and assortments of miscellany could be seen upon his belts and holsters, prime of which was an arm-mounted crossbow. “The name is Arvess, but yes, do ignore me. I am but a shadow of my prestigious colleagues. If you will have me, my services are yours.” His mask tilted towards Pandora and Ahanu as he straightened up, the cloak once more shrouding his form. “Of course, if my colleagues be willing to loan you my aid in the first place, though I am loathe to leave their side.”

• COMMBRII2022fcre.jpg

Mihret ( The Prophet The Prophet )

Translation Notes:
    "May they judge you kindly. May death be gentle, a door to another chapter.

Let all those who have been marked by fate and time here be freed from pain. Let them find themselves judged according to their acts.

We pray for strength and wisdom to live another day.

Until we meet the great Al-Aliha."

~ Spider Battle ~
    ~ Midday || ~12:00pm ~

Unwind || Amani's CS File

Surprise?

Ah, seems he might have interrupted rites. He knew precious little of them aside from what Mihret had shared. He did not follow the religion but it would be dismissive to not learn and account for the ways of his friends. Instead, he would merely stand in solidarity while speaking his own prayers in his native tongue, one of the few times he would allow himself to fall into it.

“I will be fine, Amani. Please do not worry, It was but a small knock. Are you okay? You are not hurt? Actually, I will not lie to you. A touch-up would be appreciated. But if there are more wounded than I, forget about me. I can always work more.”

“I’m fine. A monster of that size, well, I saw it better to work on interference from afar. Hazel escaped any of the backlashes as well. Our horse was remarkably good at following directions. That said… I believe anyone who took a hit greater than your own is either dead already or hurt far beyond what I can help with.”

Pride was a foul beast, and one he could not understand. If there was one thing that was ended that night in the desert it was the belief of safety. Trust few, then reevaluate further. But one thing that you needed to do was the most personal maintenance as possible. He wanted to shift right into healing but he felt wrong not also completing the rites of his own faith.

“Just a moment…”

He knelt down letting one hand touch the earth below while the other touched the symbol on his arm as he began reciting his prayer. His voice out clear and loud in his own native tongue, though few would understand it much.

"ليحكموا عليك بلطف. ليكن الموت رقيقًا ، بابًا إلى فصل آخر.

فلتتحرر من الألم كل أولئك الذين تميزوا بالقدر والوقت هنا. دعهم يجدون أنفسهم محكومين وفقًا لأفعالهم.

نصلي من أجل القوة والحكمة لنعيش يوم آخر.

حتى نلتقي بالعليها العظيم ".

Once the prayer had ended he pushed himself back off the ground putting his hands together and clapping off any trace of dirt.

“There, now don’t think you’re getting away now. Unclasp the armor and show me that wound. The best way you can be of help is making sure your are as close to a hundred percent as you can be.”

He took a step forwards and motioned for Mihret to lean down once more as he gathered magic to stitch flesh with a motion he shot it forth with a lack of hesistance only gained from being on the other end of such painful magic. A cleric he was not, but he’d be damned if he couldn’t manage to keep them going.

Tate gladly placed a few of the folded cloths in Nora's arms. "Thank you! I've been about run off my feet! I admit, I don't know much about what you are, so, you'll need to tell me where your limits are."

He lead the way back to a hastily-pitched tent, where his equipment was set out on a log. Over a small fire a cauldron bubbled.
Tate told her where to place what she was carrying and after that he considered her for a short moment.
"You said you were like 'A tool'?" He repeated the word carefully. "Did you come up with calling yourself that?..Or did someone else?"

Tate got to work, pouring out a little liquid from the cauldron into a glass vial and swirling it carefully until the colour began to change.
"For what it's worth, I think you've got a very good brain of your own. That plan with the rope was brilliant."

He gestured to a small mortar and pestle balanced precariously on the log beside a pile of fresh leaves. "Know how to use that?" He asked good-naturedly, "It's a bit of a far cry from a dagger."

Vexumin Vexumin

Last edited:
Kind folk. Something that Nora was certainly not used to. It dropped her guard a bit. Tate was dangerous for her, but she didn't feel any caution behind it. She had to admit, part of her mind considered the option of just not talking anymore, but she wasn't that kind of assassin.

"Limits? What a funny question."

Hard to go into the limits of her own being. She could list off why she can hate her own blood at times, but that wouldn't do her any good. Not now and especially not later.

"Sorry, but I'd prefer not to share much about what my heritage does to me. Kind of a personal safety thing... and a safety thing for others. Don't want people knowing how to push my buttons."

She couldn't help but shiver at the thought before shaking her head. The next curiosity of Tate's was a bit more tame to answer, but still, she could only think once again about how disarming he was. Kind of scary.

Nora suddenly frowns. This was tough for her to think about. Should she answer his questions and potentially have to go on her way, or does she keep her trap shut and just wave off the question?

"Well... I'm an assassin. Kind of my profession to be a tool in other peoples games. So it's not far off. That, and it's almost all I know how to do."

It felt odd to say it out loud, but part of her thought it to be the right thing to do in the moment. Could spell her end with this troop though, but that's yet to be seen.

"As for the ropes, it was just a reaction. The best choice. For me, that is."

When asked if she knew how to use a mortar and pestle, she wasn't sure if she should be offended or not. She walks up to the tools and picks them up, holding them out in wait for what she was meant to grind down.

"Of course I know how to use it."

Tate chuckled at the first reply. "I meant you do not have to do anything you're not comfortable with doing, and you don't need to tell my anything either, though I can't deny that I am very curious. I've never met anyone like half the people I've met in the last few days!..I er, haven't been out much, before now."

Tate listened to Nora speak as he kept his attention on the colour of the vial in his hand, taking in her words with careful thought.

"Ah! There!" He spun round and pointed to her. "The rope...it was a choice."
Tate was smiling in quiet triumph. "The mortar is a tool, as is the pestle."
He reached down and picked up a small handful of the fresh leaves he'd left collected on the log, scattering them into the bowl carefully.
"They are tools because they have no free will, they are simply objects, but you, you can make choices. That makes you more than a tool, doesn't it?"

Tate thought back to what she had said before. "You said 'Almost all you know how to do', what else can you do?"
He smiled kindly after asking the question and directed the leaves, once ground, to the cauldron.
He took a small brush, and on the hot iron surface, drew several characters quickly and with practiced skill. The runes began to glow and the liquid slowly changed colour from dark and clear, to a soft, light green.

"At the very least," he added with a lightly teasing tone, "you seem to be a natural at grinding leaves."

Vexumin Vexumin

Pepin grunted in response to Gawain and stretched his back. He took a moment of silence to figure out his vocabulary before shrugging. Stepping towards the Uhlander riflemen he cleared his throat in a commanding manner. "HÖR ZU!" he shouted with a thick accent, bringing them to attention as soon as they heard their own tongue. "Das man ist unser freund." Pepin then said, pointing to Gawain. "Du wirst zeigen respekt, verstaden!?"

The Uhlanders quickly nodded in agreement, with a few even speaking as well with 'Jahowl!' being the most common answer among them which Pepin understood as them being accepting of his words. As long as they kept their heads straight and didn't let their feelings about Gawain or certain others in the company interfere, then Pepin was content with the situation. The Uhlanders began to regather themselves and help out around nearby, with some even going to help the efforts that had begun by some of the Hobs to carve out the spider and take meat and other insides for use. Pepin turned his head back to Gawain and nodded: "That should do for now. Let me know should they try to give you any trouble."

Interacting: Gawain ( Dmaster Dmaster )

---

Cécilia listened intently to Pandora as she explained who she and her companion were, before cocking an eyebrow when Pandora explained herself as only 'weird'. What that entailed was a mystery in of itself, but the scholar decided it wasn't particularly important to press at the moment considering the situation and their aid towards ending the spider. She gave a nod towards them and looked over towards Ahanu, who was now apparently asking about how some of the nearby creatures are 'tamed'. The language that the beastmaster spoke was one that the scholar had not encountered before, and thus had no basis to derive any understanding from. It had her wondering how Pandora learned it to be able to act as a translator.

Their other companion, by the name of Arvess as he introduced himself, spoke as well which had the scholar looking at him to take a first impression in her mind. "Your services would be welcome, certainly." Cécilia then stated, "We can use all the help we can get."

Her attention then returned to Ahanu but before answering the beastmaster, Cécilia decided on another course first: "Would Ahanu like to speak Eranoiran?" she asked, pulling out the Scroll of Language that she had used back in Eran on the original company members. "It would help bridge this gap easier." She then turned her attention towards Ahanu's original inquiry: "Ah, well they're not beasts." Cécilia then said, gazing over the members of the Company that Ahanu had observed. "Korzhev is a Vodyanoy, Petrocles is a Minotavur... you'll see once you get a chance to talk to them."

Interacting: Ahanu ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Pandora ( Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider ), Arvess ( simj26 simj26 )
Mentioned: Korzhev ( FloweryMuffin FloweryMuffin ), Petrocles ( Emperor Sagan Emperor Sagan )

---

Alberto observed as the Hobs, Uhlanders, and others among them began to chop and hack away at the beast to collect its meat, the aroma of crab filling the air that was delectable to the old knight as he took in a deep breath. "A feast we shall have tonight! You can tell me your story over then," Alberto then invited Olivier, "However, I must make the correction. I am not the leader of the Company. I simply swing a blade and yell aloud during a fight. That responsibility falls to Cécilia, for she is the mistress of the Cartographers Guild of Eranoire." He pointed towards where the scholar was, speaking to Ahanu and Pandora in the moment.

Interacting: Olivier ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

Alberto then turned his attention and yelled aloud: "Pitch the tents! We shall eat well tonight!" the errant-knight said in a celebratory fashion, bringing out a wave of cheers as work began almost immediately afterwards. Many company members went about collecting the wagons and making sure everything was accounted for as tents starting being propped up along the sides of the main road. The Hobs began to pull out the cookware and starting setting up bonfires and campfires for lighting, chopping down some of the nearby shrubbery and smaller arbor to fuel the flames.

There was also the less desired work of having to bury the dead, as fighters went about collecting those they had lost in a straight line before collecting spades and shovels to begin digging. Those among the Company who were versed in scripture and faith, mainly the Meleissian Monks, began to deliver funeral rites and prayers alongside Dakarai. Despite differences in region and practices, their shared sentiment provided a solemn picture that united peoples of different regions in remembrance of fallen comrades. One by one, with the help of many fighters working together, bodies were lowered to the earth below for their final resting place. A few of the fighters shed tears of remorse and grief, while many remained as stoic as they could in the situation as the dirt was poured and shoveled atop their comrades.

Last edited:
Nora wrings her hands together under her cloak. Damn this guy! Not really though, just... Why is he so nice?!

He skipped right over the fact that she was an assassin as if it was nothing! It was almost impressive how straight faced he was when she told him as much, he even took the time to wander past that fact and into what else she'd be able to do.

If Nora was a machine, there'd be smoke blowing out her ears at the moment. She could still remember the one and only time she had told a friend what she did. She was a bit smaller when it happened. The thoughts going through her head went something along the line of, 'she's a friend! She'll accept me no matter what I do,' Not a single doubt in her mind at the time.

It went about as expected of a high society girl. Fear. The look in her eyes was a flash of fear. None of it had appeared on her face. That was as expected of a lady such as she, but one could tell that she was questioning if Nora could potentially have been hired to hunt her down.

Not like such a thing would happen. Not to daughters of powerful men. You'd hire thugs for that. To kidnap her for ransom or something of the sort. She's had to kill a few thugs before to retrieve someone who had been kidnapped, that has happened. As close as she's ever gotten to such affairs.

At the moment, it was difficult to process that someone would just ignore the fact that her profession was to take lives. Made her try to suspect something of the sort, but there was nothing that came to mind.

However, if he wanted to make her pay for something, she sure gave him enough to do so in the future. All he had to do was say that she was an assassin. It was obvious enough from how she helped handle the spider and her admiration for the use of powerful poisons.

Something that had caught Nora's interest was Tate's admission to having not gone out much. An upper class son of sorts? Perhaps a scholar? Seemed about right.

"You just showed up with that other group of people, right? No doubt you'll be interacting with plenty more odd folk before you lot go on your way. If you even do. Seems like people manage to get dumped on this company. Like I was."

Nora breathed a soft sigh as she flopped onto a box, taking a seat as she thoroughly churned the pestle and refined the herbs down.

"Also, I'll drop the tool thing. Just so you'll stop talking about it," Nora says with a snicker, clearly making a joke about it.

She appreciated his efforts, but she wasn't really a fan of folk trying to push their way into that part of her mentality. It was a fairly sensitive bit of memories for her.

Asking what else she was capable of was a whole can of worms that Nora seemed more than willing to share. She offers an awkward smile as she keep on grinding down herbs.

"Well, I like to dance... More like I enjoy dancing in a proper, professional setting. I can dance... certain ways. I've got a costume for that, but I don't think I'll be doing that if I can help it. I only danced that way for coin, if I was ever in a pinch."

Nora's face got a bit red just thinking about it. Such an embarrassing set of memories.

"I'm also pretty good at acrobatics. Kind of plays into my work. Other than that, I was trained to represent my family. My adoptive family that is. Taught to act like a delicate little flower in the right circumstances. Taught to read, to sit properly, to always stand tall and act with dignity and grace. Do not look to your father, Nora! Keep your eyes directly on who you speak to for it shall declare the honesty of your words. Never hide your face, and most importantly, do not turn your back on your social superiors! Wait for them to pass!"

Nora ends her rant with a nervous chuckle.

"I'm hardly the little lady that I'm meant to be at the moment. I figured I could allow myself a bit of freedom on this trip."

Nora brushes the cloak out of her way a bit so that she can casually swing one leg up to rest over the other in a very tomboyish fashion.

"So what about you? What are you good at? Got me talking, so it's your turn to spill," she teased.

"Also, I'll drop the tool thing. Just so you'll stop talking about it,"

Tate laughed with her.
"Yes, I came with my friend, Olivier. He's the leader of the company there. He's quite an important figure where we come from, but more importantly, he's my best friend."
The young alchemist gave Nora most of his attention, even as he prepared the potions in their little vials.
It took him far longer than it should have to figure out what "certain ways" meant.
"Ah yes, well, I wouldn't know much about that." He offered sheepishly.

He was much eager to add to the next topic, when Nora pointed out the pains of performing for society.
"Oh believe you me I am unbearably versed in the mind-numbing tedium that is protocol and grace. "Tate keep your back straight when you bow," "Tate, remember all of the Baron's titles", "Tate, don't you dare go beyond the garden walls!", it's enough to drive anyone batty." He chuckled too. "I'm afraid I was about as successful a gentleman as you were a lady."

At her mention of freedom Tate's eyes lit up. "Yes! Freedom! That's what I want! That's why I'm out here. I had to get away from the rules, the restrictions...my parents controlling my every move!...I love my parents, but...sometimes it seemed they were afraid I'd just drop dead from simply stepping outside of our manor gates. You should have seen the fit my mother had when I asked to attend an academy out of town."

Tate set another vial down on the log, pushing it into line with the rest. "Perhaps they have reason...but...I just can't stay caged and sheltered for the rest of my life."

At Nora's prodding for more about himself Tate raised both hands in surrender.
"Well, you know about the alchemy...I suppose...I'm very good at reading, it's about all I was permitted to do back home...um...let me think..."
What was he good at? Beyond alchemy, a little music and studying, Tate hadn't experienced much of anything in the world.
"I think...that's also something I'm out here to find out. I'm pretty rubbish at fencing, or horseback riding or...much of anything really useful...oh!"
Tate had a thought then, and reached into the small bag sat by the rest of his equipment. He pulled out a small tin flute. "I can play this."

In demonstration Tate put the end to his lips and played a soft, lilting lullaby. The tune was gentle, and hopeful, and floated through the clearing and beyond, filling the space with a gentle peace.
When the song was done Tate opened his eyes and stowed the instrument in his back pocket.
"Right, I think the new batch is about ready, I can start treating the less serious injuries now." He went to take a step and suddenly the pain flared in his ankle, He stumbled and fell.
"Ouch!...ooh..." Tate drew back the leg of his pants slowly to reveal his ankle, bruised and swollen.
"It wasn't this bad before..."

Vexumin Vexumin

hazel.png

#AF7D50
Tags:
The Prophet The Prophet BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Untitled777_20220317210718.png
"I did it!" Hazel emerged from the woodwork, arms up in the air as he trotted around.

"We did?" Joy floated over, twirling upside-down. "But we were barely—!"

The fairy bounced off of Hazel's bushy hair, as he paused. He whipped around to her, a finger to his mouth. "Hush, Joy! Now is not the time for gloating! It seems one of our friends is wounded!" Still sputtering out hair, her attempted ask for clarification went unnoticed. Hazel already scurried over to his best buddies, cloak billowing after him.

He walked around Amani—Hazel barely knew a thing about first aid other than natural remedies, and he doubted they'd find honey around so conveniently. That left the only role to take: emotional support! "You'll make it through, Mihret! You're strong! We're strong!" Hazel growled like a dog. An attempt to cheer the knight up, or just Hazel being himself; who could tell?

Hazel brightened up, recalling something. He searched around the inside of his cloak, biting his lip until "Aha!" He twirled the clothing around himself, showing the treasure he'd been saving up to this point. "A sweet roll! This'll make you feel better! Yum!"

Except said sweet roll was stuck to the cloth. Had been for the past... however many days. The frosting had dried and hardened, acting like concrete for the pastry to stick against his cloak. White and blue mold coated the rock-hard roll, which looked as if the slightest knock would send it crumbling into dust. Joy fluttered behind Hazel, donning an apologetic look.

But it was the thought that counted... right?
unknown.png

Time passed as the spider was continually carved up while camp was being pitched, until at last everything had been set in place. The fires were lit and the wagons unhitched from their horses for the evening to allow them to graze nearby, though some in the Company kept a close watch on them despite the danger having been dealt with. They couldn’t help but feel another large spider would steal their steeds in the coming night. But before the Hobs could get to business in cooking a grand meal from the spider’s giblets and cuts, Alberto called forth everyone to observe the final rites being given to their fallen.

The company gathered en masse, those with headware removing it and watched as the graves of their comrades were blessed by the Meleissian Monks and by Dakarai with their own separate prayers. However different they were, the sentiment was the same in order to give peace to them. A melancholic silence filled the air until it passed and everyone began to return back to their duties. Gsera lingered for a moment longer to look at where Mateo had been left to rest before she too dispersed and joined the others.

The Hobs immediately began to prepare the spider for tonight’s dinner, bickering amongst one another on what method to actually use until they settled on frying in butter with added spices and sauteed vegetables. And as portions were served, the taste was pleasing as the tenderness allowed the meat to break apart with ease in people’s mouths. And the taste was agreed upon by many to be almost like cooked lobster. As their improvised dish was a success, the Hobs were in high spirits as they continued to cook as more of the spider’s meat was delivered to them en masse. This prompted some company members to go for seconds due to the sheer amount available, filling their bellies and leaving them happy as clams.

For Olivier and his knights, they enjoyed the meal as they chowed down upon the meat. But one knight noticed something off and brough it to attention: “Where’s Gillot?” Ser Percival asked with concern, “He’s been sparse.”

“Bah, probably flirting and gallivanting with some of the ladies here.” Ser Poncellet replied, more interested in his food than the whereabouts of his comrade in arms. Olivier himself looked about but resigned to continue eating in the meantime, thinking nothing more of it for the time being.

Cecilia would eat later however as she was busy speaking to Ahanu and Pandora in her tent. As she had been informed by Pandora that her companion was unable to speak any other language besides her own, Cecilia opted to use a Scroll of Language upon her. “Hold still for a moment, please.” The scholar said as she pulled out the parchment and unrolled it. A soft light enveloped Ahanu for a moment until it quickly dissipated, leaving her confused in the moment as to what had happened.

“Now, that should be better.” Cecilia then spoke, taking the dwarf aback as she recognized what the woman said in its entirety. Outside, Cassandra peeped through the flaps to observe the interaction as the Hob was interested in the origins and culture of the dwarf. She made a mental note to ask about it later, especially now that Ahanu had access to their language, but for now she was content to watch as Cecilia asked them about them and how they came across them.

She would learn that they were moving about from Guildstaad, along with Arvess, and happened across the sounds of fighting. A fortunate encounter, as their aid came at the most opportune of times. Cecilia for a moment could not help but think fate had something out for them, but held her tongue as she smiled at the duo. “Well, we were on our way there before, well, all this broke out. We hope for no more troubles on our path to get there.”

Interacting: Ahanu ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic ), Pandora ( Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider )
Mentions: Arvess ( simj26 simj26 ), Olivier ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

On the very fringes of the camp, Ser Gillot watched Olivier where he sat and scowled. “Damn those Uhlanders… and damn that lizard child! The Duke of Lyonesse will not be happy… I have to get rid of him soon.” He muttered to himself in anger. He had hoped that the spider would be capable of doing the job in dealing with his quarry, but as fate would have it for him it would not be so simple.

“I’ll need to find another way… before the Duke turns his wrath on me.” Gillot then spoke quietly, before collecting himself and returning to camp as if nothing had happened. There were at least a dozen different ways to excuse his absence, and none would draw curiosity or suspicion to him to the best of his knowledge.

Gsera stared at her food and occasionally poked at it with her fork, finding herself unwilling to eat and rather prefering to stare at the portion given to her. The events of today had quite an effect on her, as her mind was muddled and tired after the spider. At the very least, the chirurgeon was able to fix her wound without much trouble but it reminded her of her own vulnerability. And of how close she got to actually dying. Did she deserve to be here? Was this what the world was? Was father right? Gsera thought to herself as she poked the cooked spider meat again, prodding it as if she was a stray cat. Doubts beset herself on several fronts, which further distracted her from the food that was getting cold in front of her.

Nora hums as she listens to Tate. To journey with a friend. It was a fantastic thought. Must be plenty of fun. When she took off on her own journey, the thought had never occurred to her. An adventure with another?

Eh, who is she kidding? There wasn't really anyone who would take that kind of trip. Not with someone like her. She didn't mind that too much though. There was plenty to see on her own. Take all that had happened thus far. Spectacular really.

She was sure that there were still those that looked at her with suspicion and not just a little bit of distrust. There was always the chance that she would not be welcomed sooner or later.

Perhaps Tate's group would take her if this company grew tired of her presence? She just had to hope that would not happen.

She swings one of her legs back and forth as she listens to Tate speak. She wasn't too surprised to hear that he was familiar with the etiquette required of someone in a nobles light, but she pouts a bit when he mentions her being a less successful lady.

"I'll have you know, that when I so choose, I can be a woman worth respecting, even looking up to...! In a figurative sense that is. I just... don't get many opportunities to show off that side of me these days."

When Tate began to tell his story about some rather protective parents, Nora could only smile. She couldn't relate at all, but she always liked tales of caring family members. Even if they might be a bit too protective of their children.

"Well, you know about the alchemy...I suppose...I'm very good at reading, it's about all I was permitted to do back home...um...let me think..."
What was he good at? Beyond alchemy, a little music and studying, Tate hadn't experienced much of anything in the world.
"I think...that's also something I'm out here to find out. I'm pretty rubbish at fencing, or horseback riding or...much of anything really useful...oh!"
Tate had a thought then, and reached into the small bag sat by the rest of his equipment. He pulled out a small tin flute. "I can play this."

As the instrument is pulled out, Nora's eyes widen a bit. A flute. One of the first instruments that she had heard played as a kid. The memory was still a gentle and kind one in her mind. The song played was a gift of respect during one of her birthdays.

The gift might have been given more out of a fearful respect for her father, but it was still a pleasant memory all the same.

Before she could wonder if he was skilled with the instrument, a sharp tone is played before it shifts into a gentle melody. She had turned fully, her face pointed directly at the man. Her cheeks began to darken into a light purple.

This. This song. It felt like a gift.

She smiles and closes her eyes, turning her head back the direction it was in before. Her dark eyes close as she sways her head back and forth to the music. When it was over, she takes what felt like the first breath in a long while.

"Thank you."

That was really all she could bring herself to say once he had put the flute away. That same warm feeling still fresh in her mind. As she lowers her eyes to the dirt again in thought, she could hear Tate's unsteady steps before there was the thud of him hitting the ground.

Her head twists around to find him on the floor. She turned to scramble over the box she had been sitting on and was at his side in a moments time.

"Y-You mean to say you've just been walking around on this the whole time?! When did this happen?"

One of her small hands already reached towards supplies left about the tent. Thankfully the bandages she had been asked to bring along were still nearby. She takes one in hand and begins to unravel it, ready to help at least bind the injury should Tate not resist.

SilverFlight SilverFlight (Sorry for the long wait. Lots of stuff has been going on for me.)

ArvessStaring at the meal that the camp had prepared had only left his appetite waning. His gut, instead of growling in anticipation of the meal, had thought, instead, to retreat, whimpering. He elected, instead, to procure sustenance from his own supply. He lifted his mask ever so slightly, just enough to push the piece of jerky into his mouth. That was more like it. Some actual food. Living in the shadows was no excuse to not feed oneself with proper food, after all. Maybe he was getting a little spoiled, he ruminated. Or perhaps the rest of them were savages, he mused.

He lowered his mask, and patted his hood down. His obscured features had become a part of him now, really. People knew him by that lack of human expression, and it helped in his duties that included stalking his prey. Humans feared what they deemed strange, and a fellow human without a face was strange enough. Though, he thought to himself as he looked about the camp, there was plenty of strange to go around here. His two fellows had been quite the odd pair themselves.

His eyes landed on a despondent urchin at the wayside. Pale hair, a round, cute face, staring into her bowl of spider meat as if it were going to skitter away, leaving her in tears. He tapped his foot, scowling underneath his mask. It was always the pretty ones. After a moment of hesitation, he sighed, and made his way to her. He made sure to make his footsteps heard, something that took him more effort than not.

“Are you going to eat that?” he piped up when he finally reached her side, and sat down beside her. “Because I’m not.” He laughed, a curiously jovial sound from someone without a face. As his laugh died down, his mask’s golden, unfeeling eyes peered at her face, then drifted down to the patched up injury. Two and two wasn’t too hard, despite his lack of formal education.

joshuadim joshuadim

Having been distracted, Gsera would not have noticed Arvess' approach even if he had made noise, and so his silent appearance was doubly surprising to the druid she let out an 'eek' and nearly dropped her plate. She quickly turned to the masked man and stared at him for a moment in confusion before laughing nervously: "Wha-? Aha, no, no... I mean yes! I'm going to eat. It's just..." Gsera spoke before her voice trailed off again, unsure of what else to say. This newcomer stranger was a complete enigma to the druid, and she didn't know what to make of him as he made himself known.

“Because I’m not.”

"Oh, um... well... they're making a lot of food for everyone." Gsera then said, motioning her fork towards where the Hobs were cooking. The aromas filled the air of the camp as they continued their work frying and spicing and sauteeing the accompanying vegetables. Although she knew he was jesting, she still decided to be nice and point him to where he could get his own portion. "Um, I didn't see you before though. I'm Sera! What's your name?" she then asked with a smile.

simj26 simj26

Arvess"Oh no, I couldn't." He waved dismissively, as he pulled out a wrapped piece of jerky from under his cloak. "This is enough for a little old shadow like me," he said, his voice almost sounding as if he was smiling, before the package disappeared back into the darkness of his cloak. "Sera," he repeated, nodding slowly. "That's a beautiful name. Fitting." He rested his elbows on his knees, his mask still gazing at the woman.

"You know, I'm not a mind reader, but," he paused, his mask finally turning away from Sera's face, "I can tell when someone has quite the weight on their mind. A penny for your thoughts? I couldn't stand to let a lady stew in their worries alone." He raised a finger and tapped it on his mask. "Brings out the wrinkles, and that wouldn't be very nice, would it?"

joshuadim joshuadim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back