• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

Gsera had been startled by the sudden thud of a mug as she had been deep in thought and quickly saw that it was nothing to worry about as it was just Syll providing a drink for her as he sat across from her. She gave a wordless thanks as she took the cup and drank a sip of the cider, before being confronted by his question. She remained quiet for a moment before sighing and wiped here eyes with her sleeve to remove any trace of tears as best as she could. "I just... I was thinking back earlier." she then said, "I panicked... panicked because I had to make a choice, to fight or run and I just... I couldn't choose." Her voice wavered from time to time as she spoke as she was clearly upset, but her feelings were directed towards herself as she shook her head.

"I was afraid, and it got people hurt..." Gsera then said, wiping more tears from her eyes, "I should have gone after Kastalli so she didn't have to fight that brute alone, but... I didn't. I should have been brave but I wasn't... and those bad people... the cultists... hurt the people around me. What kind of friend am I?"

The elf kept quenching his thirst as he listened silently to what the silver-haired tuatha had to say, apparently she panicked due to the danger, and in retrospective, it certainly fits what he remembers. As she finished speaking, she asked him a question.

What kind of friend am I?

"Well, it sounds like you really had a rough night, lots of things going on in your head at the moment, just let me tell you that it is very easy to direct the blame unto yourself, even when there wasn't much you could've done about it. I think it is a natural flaw to be scared, it has allowed our society to not recklessly kill ourselves in multiple occasions...but if you still intend on blaming yourself about it...you can at least be relieved you're not as terrible of a friend as i've been"

Feeling at once every eye upon him, Cal froze. He did not enjoy being the center of attention, especially so in present company. Especially not after that spectacular introduction—outing him as a servant of the Enemy, of the same—or, close enough—order as the brigands the party had clashed with not two hours ago. Already, he could feel their stares, sensing in them their distrust... Their revilement. And why shouldn't they revile and distrust that which they could not hope to possibly understand? Mongrels that they were. They were right to fear him. And the One he serves.

So come, then! Take your revenge, you wretched parasites; short-lived it will be, in the face of Eternal Darkness.

And yet... The hammer never fell. This woman... Was defending him? Though she knew so little of who he was. Who he truly was. Or perhaps she knew him perfectly? And if that were the case, then why lie to her compatriots? For Calocis was a follower of the Many-Faced One, Lord of Shadow... And Deceit.

Suddenly, a heavy hand fell upon Cal's shoulder. The elf tensed involuntarily, quietly waiting for the physical contact to be over. He endured more 'thanks' for his service. Enough that he began to seriously wonder which he preferred less, their silent judgment, or their vocal gratitude?
"... I hope you join us in our travel."
... I will.For now. While it suits me. And not a moment more.

Cal left those thoughts unspoken. He was relieved as the party's attention moved on from him... Well, most of it, at any rate.
"... I've no qualms with whatever god he worships so long as the tenets don't include stabbing me."
Cal did not know much of what to make of this... Jest? He presumed as much, though the intent was hard to read through the bleached, expressionless ivory that was the wizard's face. He knew this to be the same wizard that struck down the Chort in the courtyard, along with the druid and that barbarian woman. Unsurprising that the wizard would adopt such a stance. After all, what room does a lich have to judge others? He stared for a moment into the 'man's' empty sockets-for-eyes in lieu of a response. Presumably they were staring back at him. Impossible to tell, however.

Then, by chance Cal happened to catch the eye of the elf boy from outside... The one who'd originally vouched for him in front of the old knight, before he'd known who Cal was. There was a decidely different glint in those eyes now... Not that Cal was making any great strides toward justifying himself. On the contrary, when he recognized Syll, he smirked, basking in the discord his presence had sewn.

Surely, you wish you'd cast me off then and there, now, don't you? Well, it's too late. I'm here to stay.

... And as if to serve as a reminder of that fact, later in the evening Cal found himself seated alone at a table near enough to be seen without much difficulty. His eyes were closed. Artifacts clutched in his hands. He was praying.

Sera's attention returned to Syll with a look of confusion as she wiped away yet more tears: "W-what?" she managed to stammer out, "What do you mean? You, and everyone else have been nothing b-but kind to me and yet I'm the one always making things difficult... f-for others." Why would Syll say something like that? was the first thought that came to her mind, to her mind he hadn't done any wrongs to anyone or to her... or was he referencing something else entirely?

"What do you mean? You, and everyone else have been nothing b-but kind to me and yet I'm the one always making things difficult... f-for others."

"...several years ago, i used to have something that some would call a best friend. We used to spend a lot of time together both in and out of the academy, she'd always have plans for some new scheme, and energy to spare in order to attempt them. But as many a headache she may give me, i'd follow her anywhere... but she had a problem, an issue that would nibble at her more and more every day, to the point it turned into an obsession. I made some attempts to check up on her, but in the end i was too naive to realize how deep her wound really was. And before i knew it, she had entangled herself with the wrong people. I was too blind to see what was wrong, and i was too weak to stop her when the time came..."

Syll stared at his drink in silence for a concerning amount of time, before looking back at Sera with a determined look.

"And that's why i swore an oath, i would never allow such a thing to happen again, i will never turn my back to those in trouble, and i will not allow myself to be so weak again. I know it's probably too late to possibly hope i could save my friend now. But what matters is that i can make things different the next time...and if you're still going to claim what happened was your fault, then perhaps a similar oath could help you set your mind clear"

He downed the last of his drink and slammed the mug against the table "Anyways! feel free to ignore the ramblings of this silly elf" he said as he stood up "It's all up to you after all..."

He waved goodbye at Sera as he turned back "Feel free to join us if you want though, i can assure you that no one's going to judge you"

He then walked back to Kastalli to see if she needed anything.

Gsera was quiet as she listened to Syll speak about a friend he had failed himself and ultimately, she could guess, led to her demise. She didn't want to ask about this friend of Syll's, as it was a touchy subject, and instead remained quiet as he offered words of encouragement before heading to talk to Kastalli which left her alone with her cider and her thoughts. He failed his friend, someone he cared about and yet... he continues on. she pondered to herself as she fiddled with her cup, He continues to fight for those around him... so why can't I?

His suggestion for an oath of her own then came to mind and she quickly realized that this was perhaps what she needed to do. She took a deep breath and a few swigs of the cider to garner some courage before approaching himself: "You're right, Syll." Gsera stated, "i see it as my failure... but also as a call to action. I need to do as you have. I won't be weak, or scared, like I was today again. I make my promise," she then said before turning her attention to Kastalli, "...to my friends! That I won't let them down!"

With a wavering smile and mug in hand she raised a toast: "That will be my oath!"

Abasi wanted to return for the moment to his drinking companion devy , maybe to finish their conversation but when he looked over to their seats he saw they were empty , with his cat like gaze he scanned the entire room since he was standing in a step next to alberto he had a higher view of the place , then he noticed the jester slipping trough a door leading to the back alley , that was strange...a performer leaving just when the place was bursting with customers , with people to appreciate our craft ?
excusing himself from albertos side abasi walked outside the tavern looking around...his eyes quickly adapting to the darkness of the alley and revealing the form of the jester who looked almost as if drunk holding himself against the wall...slowly he walked to him and tapping him in the shoulder softly said
"Devy ? are you alright , you left right when things were about to get good , whats wrong ?"

"Devy ? Are you alright? You left right when things were about to get good. What's wrong?"

DAMN YOU TO THE BLACKEST PIT OF THE AFTERLIFE, ASCELINA.

Devereaux twitched a bit as Abasi tapped his shoulder, quickly straightening up and nodding rapidly without facing the scantily clad dancer. He doesn't need to know yet. Before we leave, however, I need to tell them all. They need to know. It's for the best. "Oh, I'm fine now! I just... I needed some time alone for a few moments. Hearing friends of mine in pain always gets to me, you know? I want to be there for them, obviously, but the crying and misery is just... quite too much, I'm afraid." A half-lie. It did bother him, but not to that extent. If anything, he'd try and correct the problem and make them as happy as possible. But as Kastalli was being cut open and her ribs mended...not the best time to play his upbeat, friendly self. Certainly not with the sheer amount of blood in the room.

The blood from the vial should have sated his appetite for the time being, so his eyes would be back to their usual look. Thankfully. He hoped that Abasi wouldn't demand he take his mask off. He only did that on special occasions, and this was not one of them. He glanced over his shoulder at the dancer, and nodded again. "Let's return to the others, shall we?" he said, motioning back towards the entrance to the alley. Back to the company, where all the attention wouldn't be drawn to him. Not just yet anyway.

Meanwhile, after Alberto's speeches and all that followed, Malthara eventually glanced to the wrapped mass of wicked blades before looking to Sentry. "Now that we've had the opportunity to rest a bit, I believe we have some odd trinkets to speak on." she said, before reaching over and pulling the cloth covered blades closer to them. She got straight to the point, as she often did. "Ever so sharp, and obviously enchanted. I might be able to deduce what enchantments they may have, but I believe it'd be best at the moment to see what your ideas are regarding that." she stated. "They're oddly able to hurt you, as well as Gawain from what I understand. We should figure out why that is."

"Lets have a look then." Sentry was quick to turn her attention towards the duo presenting the blades to her. She didn't know how to feel about the letting the new one in so easily. He worshipped the god who's cult was hunting her, even if he fought them. But there's little she can do right now but protests. She would have to keep an eye on him. But right now something else was demanding her attention. "May I?" She asked before picking the blade up. About as light as expected. Nothing out of the ordinary for a weapon such as this. "A regular weapon could harm me if used well enough. I'm not that good...Yet." She winked to Malthara "But this is something that looks familiar?" The barbarian pointed to the rune that was infused in the middle of the blade "Spirit speak. Means blood. This weapon is infused with a particularly nasty rune. When you swing it, you cut the air itself, drawing its ire and rage while at the same time you direct them towards you opponent like a lure. Result is very deep cuts and mutilate the flesh when it strikes." She held the blade in her hand for a few second to study if further. "Mind if I take this one? Dark origins aside, this rune could be handy for the road ahead, but to learn it I'll have to..."She paused and scratched her head thinking of how to explain what she planned to do with it. "Lets say absorb it and that will make this just a regular chunk of pointy metal."

Meanwhile in the other side of the room, the knight and his squire had their own conversation.
"He's just going to have the servant of the dark one among us? Just like that? Is he mad?"

"I know Pot, but we are not ones to question Ser Alberto now."

"But Ser, this is a mistake and you know it as well as I do."

"And it is out job to be vigilant if your fears are to be proven true my squire." Waylond tried to calm his cousin "You are right to worry, as I am myself, but we have a code to adhere to."

"Yes ser...As the codex states 'Thou shall not haste in judgement, less you make a fool of thyself and thy liege.'" He recited the passage with a sight and shook his head. He was visibly upset with the turn of events, but knew he couldn't do anything for now.

"You also must remember the burden we ourselves carry due to our blood." Waylond added with a hushed tone "By all accounts, we should not be the men we are today, yet we defy fate's cruel intentions."

"Right." Pottrey nodded as he took Waylond's words into account "You're right Ser. Perhaps we should give this stranger a chance."

"And be careful as we do, remember that other important text? 'Offer redemption and kindness, but never be a fool for doing it.' Important part that is overlooked." Waylond then looked towards the doctor. "I do hope the lady will be fine after this. She's been through a lot in just a night."

"You worry, Ser?"

"She is a comrade in arms and companion on The Path." The knight has given that answer too many times to fool Pottrey "Oh, don't give me that look."

"I refrain from judgement, Ser." The squire looked towards the ceiling as he said that, letting himself smile a bit in the process.

"Let's return to the others, shall we?" he said, motioning back towards the entrance to the alley. Back to the company, where all the attention wouldn't be drawn to him. Not just yet anyway.
Even without beeing able to see someones face abasi could tell when people were lying , something he picked up in his line of work still he decided not to press the subject anymore , after all everyone had their secrets and he belived in letting people share them when they felt comfortable enough to do so
"Sure thing lets go back before some other local performer even thinks of stealing our spot" he winked and playfully putting his arm around devys he walked back into the inn

"Mind if I take this one? Dark origins aside, this rune could be handy for the road ahead, but to learn it I'll have to..." She paused and scratched her head thinking of how to explain what she planned to do with it. "Lets say absorb it and that will make this just a regular chunk of pointy metal."

"Go right ahead. We have more." responded Malthara, handing the blade over to Sentry. "You do not have to explain. Magic is a rather strange force to contend with and use, so we do what we must to gain knowledge and power over it. Though there are some types of magic which are better for others to learn and contend with, lest harsh lessons be learned. I have plenty of experience in that regard." she said, shifting her attention back to the rest of the room. "Besides, as a Rune Seeker, I imagine you could simply re-enchant it later if you so wished." she added on afterwards.

Devereaux meanwhile nodded, as Abasi put his arm around his neck. "Indeed! The Company deserves the best of performers, of course!~" he said, as they walked back around out of the alleyway and into the tavern once more. Devy set aside his bag where it had been before, before glancing back to Abasi. "If you don't mind, I would like to go and check on Kastalli really quick. The surgery she just underwent was quite the ordeal, and she needs all the help she can get from her friends in order to boost her spirits!" he said, pausing just next to Abasi before motioning towards where Kastalli lay.

Afterwards, he strolled over into the next room, pausing just at the doorway for a moment as the smell of blood hit him again. It wasn't as strong as it had been previously, as most of it had been cleaned away. Still, it was noticable for his enhanced senses. He shook it off, before moving quietly to Kastalli's side. "Hey there!~" he said, squatting next to her. "It looks as though everything went beautifully. You'll be back on your feet in no time, back to your old self! Until then, things won't be the same without my favorite bell ringer and fellow musician at my side!~" he said, gently reaching over and petting the top of Kastalli's head. "I'll come and check on you every day until you're all healed up. I'll even play and sing songs for you if you want!" he added on afterwards.

"I could try." Sentry said as she cracked her knuckles in preparation for the rune extraction. "When a rune is bound to an object it becomes like an organ. A heat, lung or kidney. Taking it out weakens the object so repeated inscription is harder to do. Some master Rune seekers and smiths can do it with ease, but I've had not nearly enough practice." She moved her hand over the icon and traced it with a finger. "But why let that stop me now, eh?" She grinned as the rune glowed and began to separate itself from the blade. The word floated above the blade like a flame dancing on a candle. The barbarian repeated the sign she did moments before with her finger, tracing the form of the rune and began to lure it towards her. Grasping it with both hands, it now danced in her palms. Sentry let it continue for a little while as it settled on one palm. Then she closed her fist as the glow gave out in between her fingers.

Sentry could feel the energy from the rune coursing through her arm and make its way through her body. The word now part of her as it shared a space among the rest on her body. But like before there was something else. An image popped into her head. Like a flash of light she could see Hristos the armored beast of Variana, struck down by an assassin's blade that cut through it like it was a parchment. Sentry blinked rapidly as she next remembered where she was. Not in the old times, but now. Not among her old comrades, but new ones she agreed to travel with. She held her head for as she regained her senses.

"That felt...well it wasn't what I expected."

It was not long after he left the table Sera was sitting at, Syll was keeping Kastalli company as she rested, and then he noticed the Tuatha approaching them.

"You're right, Syll." Gsera stated, "i see it as my failure... but also as a call to action. I need to do as you have. I won't be weak, or scared, like I was today again. I make my promise," she then said before turning her attention to Kastalli, "...to my friends! That I won't let them down! That will be my oath!"

Syll smiled calmly as he heard Sera becoming reinvigorated, somehow it seems like his words managed to give her the determination she needed. He grabbed his newly-refilled mug of mead and raised it.

"Well this is more like the Sera i remember, it is great to hear that, cheers!"

He then noticed the jester Devy approach as he gave Kastalli some words of encouragement, even though Syll haven't talked much with him, he appreciated Devy's talent to brighten everyone's mood and getting along so effortlessly.

I'll even play and sing songs for you if you want!

"What about now, Deveraux? would you treat us to your music tonight? i mean i know i am not the only one looking forward to it!"

"What about now, Devereaux? Would you treat us to your music tonight? I mean I know I am not the only one looking forward to it!"

Devereaux clapped his hands together enthusiastically, nodding rapidly. "Most certainly! Abasi and I were just preparing to entertain everyone after I checked in on Kastalli!~" He looked back to the dancer in the next room, before returning his gaze to Syll. "I'll sort things out with him, and we'll decide on the perfect set for our performance. I hope you all enjoy!"

A moment later, he pet Kastalli's head once more before departing back into the main room of the tavern. "Dearest Abasi! We have a grand performance ahead of us! Let us select the songs we wish to play for our companions!" he said as he walked towards the dancer. But then he looked to the rest of the company in the room. "We should let some of our audience choose a few songs as well!"

The surgery went just as Kastalli expected: the most painful thing she had to endure. She lived through the harshest winters and even powered through a stomp to her tail but feeling the chirurgeon poke around inside her ribcage topped it off. Most of the time she wished someone would have knocked her out so she didn’t have to experience the pain but the most she could do was bite down as hard as possible on the leather provided as well as restrain herself from squeezing Syllannan’s hand too hard.
"You need to take it easy a few days, Kasta... and you need to drink a healing potion in the morning, it'll speed up the healing process of the bone. If you are lucky, you'll be fully healed in four days, just like Syll was before."
“Thank you, doctor,” she breathed weakly, closing her eyes as she tried to tune into the conversation that was happening with the rest of the company in the other room. From what she could pick up, Zen was attacked by another tengu - one belonging to his former clan. Thinking back on it, that explained why Zen was incredibly suspicious about her when she used a familiar herb from Shigese. At least she left out the part that her husband was a ninja as well, had she mentioned that detail, the tengu might not have trusted her at all after that. She was sad to hear that Zen was departing from the group so as to not endanger the rest of them but it was understandable. Maybe...maybe she should do the same…? After all, Gawain was attacked by the sailor that was hunting her down.

Before she could contemplate that heavy question, her ear twitched at the mention of the man who had saved her earlier. Calocis? She let out a heavy sigh as some of the chatter grew louder when it was brought up that he was a cleric of dark deities. Kastalli was not one to judge based on religious differences, she judged based on actions, and considering he had gone out of his way to save her, he was most welcomed by her. Perhaps when she is healed completely, she’ll treat him to some salmon.
"I'll go get something to drink, i'll also bring you some water while i'm at it, but just give me a shout if you need anything"
Her eyes reopened slowly hearing her friend’s words before offering him a slow nod in understanding. She was truly blessed to have such caring friends, something that was hard to obtain in her homeland. After a few minutes, her ear twitched slightly in response to hearing the shuffling of approaching footsteps. Syllannan reappeared, and shortly after so did Sera with an unwavering aura about her.
"You're right, Syll." Gsera stated, "i see it as my failure... but also as a call to action. I need to do as you have. I won't be weak, or scared, like I was today again. I make my promise," she then said before turning her attention to Kastalli, "...to my friends! That I won't let them down!"
She smiled weakly towards Sera and slowly held out her hand to the Tuatha to hold. “I know that you will never let me down, Sera. You have a strong heart but remember that it is okay to lean on your friends as well. There is no reason to be strong alone when we can be strong together.”
"I'll come and check on you every day until you're all healed up. I'll even play and sing songs for you if you want!"
Kastalli turned her attention to her favorite musician as he entered and squatted down beside her. She closed her eyes and smiled happily as Devereaux brought his hand to her head, a faint purr rumbling from within. “I would love that, thank you, Devereaux.” After watching leave the room, Kastalli turned her attention back to Sera and Syllannan. “I hope it is not too much to ask but I would love to see their performance - if you two could help me to the main area of the tavern?”

"Most certainly! Abasi and I were just preparing to entertain everyone after I checked in on Kastalli!~ I'll sort things out with him, and we'll decide on the perfect set for our performance. I hope you all enjoy!"

"That is great to hear, i'm confident that music and dancing is exactly what we need right now to lift the spirits"

I hope it is not too much to ask but I would love to see their performance - if you two could help me to the main area of the tavern?

"Never consider that such a thing would be a bother, let's help you up" said Syll as he placed Kastalli's right arm across his shoulders "Come on Sera, let's see if we can find a good spot to whatch their performance"

Now with everyone reunited in the tavern at least, Alberto could not stand the dreary mood some of the company members had. He let out a relieved sigh when he heard that Devy and Abasi were about to put on a show for the group. "Come on lads! None of our folk are dead and we helped Waterham! 'tis reason to celebrate! Vamos, que la noche es joven!" He shouted to lift up the spirits, and it worked for some as one of the fighters lifted their mugs. "Oy, Devy! Since this company is still alive after a week of Goblins and Kroners, let's sing a song to celebrate it! Do ya' know 'Here's A Health to the Company'?" "Oh, that's a classic!" Alberto said approvingly while giving Devy a smile, "Please my good lad! Tell me you know this one!" he said while patting both him and Abasi's shoulders.

Meanwhile, as the mood in the tavern began to lighten up at the possibilities of more celebratory revelry, Cécilia was consumed by thought many thoughts while she tried to understand what had happened during the night. She pulled out a notebook, writing down some of the things the cultists had said when she had arrived at the scene. It was clear that they were hunting down Sentry for her powers, as Runeseekers and the Planetouched are rare but often powerful beings. They were also looking for a Ddraig, but there were none in her group - unless they were using a humanoid disguise to blend with the rest? Then who could it be?

Gawain said:
"Evening, miss Cécilia."

"G-gah!" She snapped back to reality when she heard the voice of Gawain. "G-Gaia's love Gawain, you spooked me! Phew... y-yes, what do you require my friend?" She asked while putting her notebook away.

Gawain said:
"With all of the commotion involved with today I hope you entertain the idea of a rather... off-topic question, if I could be so bold to ask it."

Cécilia gave the undead sorcerer a confused look mixed with a playful grin. "Huh? You are a bold person, master wizard. It must be quite the question if you present it as such then." She said while leaning on the table, resting her chin on her hand while her eyes looked into Gawain's empty eye sockets. "...but sure, I could use some conversation to take my mind off what happened today." Her grin only grew larger as she kept looking into Gawain's empty eyes.

Gawain said:
"That amulet you wear, is it special? I've not quite seen anything like that design before, and I question if it has any interesting properties."

And just like it had suddenly manifested itself on her face, Cécilia's grin turned into a sudden frown. She took a deep breath while resting back on the chair, her eyes looking away into the tavern while her fingers gently stroked her jeweled pendant. "...yes, it does have interesting properties... and you just looked past one of them." Her eyes slowly drifted back towards Gawain's eye sockets. "...you are the first person to ask about this amulet, Gawain... lets say, should I ever be robbed by thugs during or, gods forbid, die during our venture... this amulet would remain with me... because it enchanted with two powerful spells." Her eyes pierced the undead sorcerer's non-existent ones. "One... it's a Deception Spell, this amulet is by all intents and purposes and beautiful gold amulet with a large, ruby gem in the middle... but people ignore it, they know its there but they NEVER think anything of it, they ignore it... and while you are a powerful sorcerer, Gawain... you are no Archwizard." She then leaned a bit closer, her face a few inches from Gawain's exposed skull. "...When did Master Vatrine told you, hm?"

Gawain could hear the cackling coming from deep inside his thoughts. "Oh, her expression! Haha! It's almost like she could kill you... and she could if she wanted to." Cécilia then sighed, resting one more on her chair while gently messaging her temple. "...and the second power? Well... I can tell you... but..." Cécilia's eyes drifted again before closing shut, Gawain could see the scholars face cringe as she defeatedly throws her hands in the air. "...I will tell you another day, when I feel ready to discuss such issue but let me tell you this Gawain, it's related to my dreams and... my condition is... very severe and my mother, father and Edgar Vatrine are only ones that know of it... if I tell you... can I trust you'll not speak about it with the others?" Her expression was both serious and yet pleading for a positive response.

Sentry said:
"Spirit speak. Means blood. This weapon is infused with a particularly nasty rune. When you swing it, you cut the air itself, drawing its ire and rage while at the same time you direct them towards you opponent like a lure. Result is very deep cuts and mutilate the flesh when it strikes."

While Malthara listened to Sentry's explanation, the young Hob scholar was taking notes at such speed while watching the Yatu Runeseeker work her magic. She moved and looked at Sentry like a hyperenergized hamser while maintaining a wide, almost uncanny smile. "This is so... fascinating... AND COOL!" she exclaimed while drawing a picture of Sentry rather well despite how hastily she was drawing it.

Sentry said:
"That felt...well it wasn't what I expected."

Cassandra lift head head, her face now dirty with ink after writing and drawing so much. "Are you okay Sentry? You look like you've seen a ghost." Cassandra remained quiet for a second before lifting her pen and paper. "...and if you saw a ghost or... RUNE ghost! Can you describe it?" she asked meekly while making an oddly cattish face.

Sentry has discovered one new rune she can use when enchanting weapons and armors.

Rune of Blood.png
• Rune of Blood •

Gawain clattered his teeth at Cécilia's assertion that he wasn't an Archwizard, leaning back ever so slightly as if she just dealt a blow to his ego. "Archwizard? Pfah, as if I care for paltry titles such as that. I've more important matters to tend to than trying to climb the ranks of public recognition. My work comes first." he stated as fact, shaking his head from side to side. The first part of the enchantment on the amulet was rather drab, seeming to be some kind of anti-theft measure, which was rather disappointing. The undead mage had hoped that Edgar hadn't set him on this line of questioning just to waste his time and embarrass himself, if he could even feel embarrassment for that matter.

Things got interesting when she actually identified Edgar telling him this information, continuing to look deadpan at the scholar as the lich cackles in his mind. I can always rely on you to constantly remind me of my mortality, Edgar. he thinks, crossing his arms as he lets Cécilia finish her explanation. "Dreams? Well so far dreams are my only lead on finding the creature that has made me this way." Gawain starts with a nod. "Any information or guidance on the matter will prove valuable to me, requesting to keep the matter private is only fair. Besides... I am confident that if you were to remain silent on the matter Edgar would reveal your secret with his incessant blathering in the future." To say such was being completely honest on his part.

Despite the jab at the lich he places a hand over his dead heart, bowing his head ever so slightly. "You have my word that I shall not disclose what you share with anyone else."

"Oy, Devy! Since this company is still alive after a week of Goblins and Kroners, let's sing a song to celebrate it! Do ya' know 'Here's A Health to the Company'?" "Oh, that's a classic!" Alberto said approvingly while giving Devy a smile, "Please my good lad! Tell me you know this one!" he said while patting both him and Abasi's shoulders.

Devy nodded rapidly. "I do indeed know it! Quite popular among sailors, but works just as well on land too!~" he replied, before looking to Abasi. "You might have to improvise with your dancing with this one, my friend!" A moment later, Devy stepped over and sat on the corner of one of the tables. He plucked a few strings on his lute, making sure it was still in tune, before giving one final nod. And then, he began.

...and if you saw a ghost or... RUNE ghost! Can you describe it?
"I...had a vision..." The barbarian began as she held her head. A lingering migraine started to make itself known. Strange that it didn't persist the last time, but maybe she took in too much too fast? "I was back. Back in my own time before I took up this mantle." She regained her composure as the migraine subsided "My memories were damaged after a fight with a mage, but after I absorbed this rune, I remembered. We were honored guests of a neighboring king. The city of Variana was in a bad shape after decades of war and its king wanted us to help with a nest of assassins that had taken roost within its walls. His guard was this massive man clad head to toe in enchanted armor. One of the most dangerous men I've seen...and just like that he was snuffed out like an insect as a dagger cut through his veins and reduced him to a corpse clad in magic armor." She paused to point towards the remaining blades "That dagger had the same rune."

"Not to say that adventure wasn't exiting or anything, but this is the third memory that has emerged in my mind. There were two more earlier that I gained back when the combined magic of Gawain, Sera and our new friend swirled inside of me." Another pause "All three of them contained a rune in them. I wonder if that's something to do with it?"

Gawain said:
"You have my word that I shall not disclose what you share with anyone else."

Cécilia's glaring eyes softened after the wizards response. She tiredly caressed her eyes and face before giving Gawain a soft, but genuine smile. "...thank you, Gawain." Cécilia then got up, gathered her things on the table and then put them on her satchel, gently stroked Grunde's jar and then looked at Gawain again. "...I'll eventually tell you, but until then... I'd rather not talk about this. I understand how important it is for you to study the creature that... did this to you, but my issue... it's rather serious."

She then gave Gawain a gentle pat on the shoulder. "...go get some rest, master wizard. I know you can't actually sleep but even the dead need to meditate." After giving him a smile and another pat, the scholar made her way upstairs, kneeling down to get to her room. While the doors were Hob sized, they luckily had two rooms for non-Hobs, she'll leave it up to Alberto who gets the other room and a proper night sleep.

Meanwhile, the mood in the tavern was finally as lively as it was before these attacks. Devereaux started to play his lute and sing a well known and traditional song believed to have been first written by Sotíran mercenaries or adventures. It was a slow song but one that brought joy to nearly everyone in the company as they lifted their drinks, some singing in unison with Devy. Abasi, still wanting to dance despite the fact the song wasn't one for exotic Mesenet or Basteti dancing, opted for a new strategy. He grabbed one of the other company members hand pulling them off their seats and onto him. The young lad that he had grabbed looked down at the cat boy confused at first and then blushing a bit as Abasi guided his hand to his hip.

Nearby company members started to follow suit with some asking others to dance with them at the slow but hopeful song. Sera, Syll and Kastalli sat down watching the jester perform his art while Abasi kept teasing his nervous dancing partner. Petro was once again asked to dance by Paulin, but he politely declined so the young man simply sat down next to the Minotavur, silently admiring the bullman as he enjoyed a new mug of milk. At the otherside of the tavern and as expected from Waylond, he got off his seat and approached the nearest available lady to offer her a bit of dancing, much to Pots' dismay. Korzhev simply sat there, a new mug of alcohol between his small webbed hands, sometimes peaking a look at Calocis, who sat alone and away from the rest, watching them as they enjoyed the revelry.

Sentry said:
"Not to say that adventure wasn't exiting or anything, but this is the third memory that has emerged in my mind. There were two more earlier that I gained back when the combined magic of Gawain, Sera and our new friend swirled inside of me... All three of them contained a rune in them. I wonder if that's something to do with it?"

While the mood in the tavern was much happier than before, Cassandra and Malthara stared at Sentry. The young Hob scholar didn't actually know the history of the Yatuski barbarian and how special she truly was in many ways. That's when Cassandra's eyes lit up before slamming her inky hands on the table. "I will help you!" She shouted before getting off the table and walking outside of the tavern, leaving both Malthara and Sentry specially speechless, but before the barbarian could ask the Myrkálfar what the little Hob meant, the familiar sight of her favorite Dvërgr adventurer made her stop. "A dance, Min dame?" Asked Hrongar with a friendly grin on his face, the barbarian couldn't say no to that! Malthara simply smiled as she watched Sentry pick up the dwarf and swinged him around at the rhythm of the song.

After such a hectic day, Alberto finally sat down again, watching his companions unwind and relax once more. They have helped the city and dealt with a threat, but he had a feeling it wouldn't be the last time he and the company will face the Cult of Nyarlaexedum, and when that happens, he will be ready to face them and anybody else bold enough to attack his company. After letting out a silent sigh and a chuckle, the old knight lifted his mug in the air and then shouted alongside the rest of the company.

Here's a health to the company and one to my lass!
Let us drink and be merry, all out of one glass!
Let us drink and be merry, all grief to refrain!
For we may or might never, all meet here again!

• End of Chapter 1 •

• Day 1 •
Waterham - Commoner Life.jpg

A brand new day had begun and the sun shined bright through the streets of Waterham, every Hob and non-Hob in the town talked about the company of foreigners that had helped their brave constables deal with Belnach, a disgruntled local cultist who was infatuated with the "dead gods" of the Hobs. Many Hobs were thankful that the company had stopped the madman and the cultists that attacked that same night, so much so that most Waterhammerites were less hostile to the company, a much welcomed change! Some rumors started to circulate that it was Belnach the one that had allowed the Cultists of Nyarlaexedum get into the town, but the Sheriff dismissed these rumors, last night was one full of coincidence. One that brought strange enemies together against the company, and brought an unlikely ally.

Later in the morning, the Sheriff approached the group to thank them for all their effort and gave Cécilia the permission to look around the town as she saw fit, and granted her access the city records in the townhall library if she felt so inclined and needless to say, Cécilia couldn't help but to smile most of the day with as she read through the books of early Hob history and the local maps that she translated into her own map.

Throughout the day the company did their own things. Gsera went back to the Griffin Riding Academy to talk once more with Fluffy, thanking the friendly griffon for his kindness and wise words, the Griffin was more than happy to help the disguised Ddraig and hoped that one day she'll find the courage to speak with her friends and companions. Meanwhile back in the inn, Devereaux spent most of the day thinking how he was going to tell the others about his powerful disease. It was a touchy subject and he knew of vampyrs who met terrible fates at the hands of non-Vampyrs. One thing was for certain for the poor jester, it won't be easier regardless of the decision he'll take. Luckily, Abasi was there to help him relax and calm down later that day, the two sang and danced while also keeping the mood in the tavern as lively as ever. Even the Bottomshire's had to admit that having Devy, Abasi and Kastalli helped bring less frequent costumers more often throughout the day.

While she loved playing bell with her little group, Kastalli still felt incredibly unwell after the surgery, luckily the potions were working and the healing spells of the monks helped her calm down and soothe the pain. She was also lucky enough to have Gsera, Syllannan and the others, who regularly checked on her and made sure she was comfortable. Once the day was reaching it's end and everyone was enjoying a hearty dinner, Cécilia and Cassandra offered some of the group to tag along as both scholars joined forces to study the culture of Waterham. Some accepted, others decided to do their own thing throughout the following day.

• Day 2 •
Waterham - Hob Cuisine.png

During the second day, Cassandra and Cécilia spent it writing about Hob culture and one of the topics they brought up to the party was the fascinating cuisine of Waterham. One of the most important elements of Waterhamerite Hob culture is it's strange cuisine, which borrows elements of Eranoiran, Brannorian, Ælian, Sotíran and even Tylwythálfar cuisine. Their foods are considered heavy and rich in fat, which explains why a large minority of Hob adults are rather portly. This is different from Eranoiran Hobs, who eat less fat and meat and employ more vegetables on their food.

This can be explained thanks to the rich soil inside the walls which allows Hobs to plant and grow vegetables with ease, it's because of these fertile farms that Waterham earned the nickname "The Onion", because of their famous giant onions that only grow in the city. Another important thing is the vast grazing plains outside the walls, which allows their animals to grow fat and healthy and produce more dairy and meat. Cassandra explained to those present that it is because of these resources and profitable land that the Brannorians have been interested in taking Waterham for years, either through diplomacy or war, but "Ol' Joseph's Walls" continue to keep Waterham safe from Brannorian and Eranoiran armies or Skæglin raiders. "Who would have thought a talk about food world lead to small history lesson?" said the Hob scholar with a friendly grin.

Back in the tavern, Kastalli had a visit from the chirurgeon, who was happy to announce her that she was surprisingly healthier after a good night of sleep. This allowed the cat woman to enjoy a more relaxed time at the tavern rather than spending it sleeping inside a caravan wagon. Later in the afternoon, Cécilia and Cassandra returned to the tavern alongside whoever went with them to study Hob culture, both scholars were carrying lots of books, even Grunde was carrying a few of them.

While the scholars continued with their research, Gawain, Malthara and Syll spent the rest of the evening talking about various famous spells and the great mages that discovered them, it was a long and sometimes heated debate as Syllannan staunchly defended the theorems written by Archmage Tew, a fairly new name in the academic field of magic. But they all had a rather enjoyable time talking about magic and they even learned a few new things that they'll have to practice later. Syllannan and Gawain gain a +1 point to their Magic Attack. Malthara gains +1 point, giving the company a total of 10 points of magical attack strength. The rest of the company then spent the night eating together again, this time around there was no music from Devereaux or exotic... or erotic... dancing from Abasi, everyone settled with talking with one another, casually enjoying each others company over the crackling sound of the fireplace.

• Day 3 •
Training.png

While Cécilia and Cassandra continued their scholarly work on Waterham, preferring to stay in the city library. Meanwhile back at the tavern, Alberto told everyone during breakfast to meet him outside the walls and to get ready for hard work. Once the majority of the company had gathered outside Waterham, Alberto informed everyone that they were going to spend the day either training or setting up a temporal camp. "We cannot afford to eat every morning and night at the inn, our company has limited funds, remember that! Besides, some of you lads are looking a bit chunky after eating so much Hob food!" said the old knight while offering shovels to two members of the company.

Two hours later, while a few dedicated men and women worked on finishing the camp, the rest of the company trained under the close supervision of Alberto, Sentry and the most veteran of the other fighters, Pepin. The less experienced or rusty members of the company started to practice their skills against training dummies they've got from Eran before leaving. The most experienced, or just cocky, practiced in armed duels or in wrestling matches.

The first duel was between Petrocles and Syllannan, both warriors were using wooden swords that the two resident dwarves in the company made while they were bored. They exchanged several blows but ultimately Petrocles was the victor of that match, although Syllannan came close to beat the young Minotavur. Still, both young men learned a lot from one another and duel planted the seeds for further friendly interactions between one another. Petrocles gains a +1 point to his melee attack.

Sentry showed Kastalli how properly fight in close quarters should the bard be unable to use her spear, the Runeseeker was not as physical as she could be due to Kastalli's wounds but the young half-Rakshasa learned quite a lot from the warrioress and enjoyed her company. After aiding her friend and teaching her a few new techniques, Sentry spent the rest of the evening wrestling with the company and honing her hand-to-hand combat skills. Kastalli and Sentry gain a +1 point to their melee attack. To no one's surprise, Hrongar was the first one to volunteer in wrestling the ancient amazon.

While watching two men from the company wrestle with one another, Devereaux and Abasi talked fondly of each other until the jester offered Abasi some time to practice their ranged skills. Devy was an skilled archer but he knew how to throw knives just as well, a fan favorite act among jesters and other entertainers, teaching Abasi many new techniques in the art of knife throwing. The two spent most of the evening either talking and teasing one another, or throwing knives with deadly precision at a tree stump. Devereaux and Abasi gain a +1 point to their ranged attack.

Meanwhile, Ser Alberto trained alongside Ser Weylond and Pot, using his vast knowledge to train the young squire some of his own techniques that he had learned during his early years of knighthood. Somethings that even Waylond didn't know much about. After beating the young squire into the ground, the veteran knight was approached by Syllannan, who wanted to have a sparring match with the old knight, Alberto was surprised but happy to practice with the young sorcerer, this gathered the attention of everyone in the field, some even making bets that Alberto was about to wipe the floor with the Hobálfar.

When both warriors were ready, Alberto warned the half elf that he wasn't going to go easy on him, something Syll appreciated. Suddenly, Alberto charged the novice wizard with his wooden sword, which Syll barely managed to block in time. The company watched expectantly as both the knight and novice wizard exchanged rather violent blows, at one point one of Alberto's strikes broke the wooden sword of Syllannan, splinters flying everywhere and shocking everyone watching, but Pepin was quick to throw another wooden sword at him. The two continued to exchange blows, blocking each others strikes and sometimes even evading them. Both were tired and sweating a lot but were starting to see some of the more distinctive flaws in each others combat abilities, now formulating a quick mental plan, Syllannan charged Alberto with an upward attack and seeing this upcoming attack, the knight quickly blocked -- but then, right as Syll was about to strike, he changed the direction of his attack and managed to put his wooden sword on Alberto's neck, officially ending the match in Syll's favor!

Everyone was impressed at that martial display from Syllannan and some were even shocked. But despite the loss, Alberto had a large grin on his face as he tossed his sword to the side and wrapped his arm around Syll's neck. "Hah! now that's what I call a duel!" He said while ruffling the hair of the Hobálfar. "You did great my boy... mind you, I imagine a younger knight wouldn't have made my mistake... but defeating an experienced and battle-ready knight ain't no easy feat, even for a young wizard!" Alberto then asked everyone to congratulate Syll, "Good one, jeune garçon!" Pepin was the first one to clap and pat the young adventurer's back, followed by Sentry, Waylond and then the rest of the company around them. Syll learned a lot from this experience and has gained a new trait.

After the training was over, everyone gathered their things from the inn, thanked the Bottomshire's for their extended hospitality and then settled in the camp. Hrongar and Hroki had prepared another delicious stew and Devy, Kastalli and Abasi played their instruments for the enjoyment of the company, it was another great and relaxing night that helped everyone feel acomplished after a great day training.

• Day 4 •
Hob Breakfast.png

The company woke up to the tasty smell of a traditionally made Hob breakfast made by the recently recruited Hobs travelers. Eggs, baked beans, bangers, bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and a side dish of baked potatoes. Everyone gathered around the burnt out firepit and engage in conversation, everyone with the exception of Calocis and Gawain gets to know each other a bit better. Hearing Pepin talk of his many adventures through the alps was inspiring to some of you. Some found joy and laughter watching how Hrongar talks with Sentry in a rather gentle and adorable manner. Despite his quirky behavior, everyone seemed to actually enjoy the companionship of Ser Justin and his obsession for potions. This strengthens the bonds between all members of the company. In big boss fights, there'll be a chance that a generic might unit sacrifice themselves for a player character.

Cassandra Event.png

After talking some more about Hob food and it's relation with the history of the town, Paulin asked about the general history of the town, Cassandra's eyes lit up brightly as she started to explain the story from very beginning. "Nice one, Paulin." murmured one of the adventurer's bitterly. Cassandra then explained that Hobs are not originally from the area Waterham is located, they had abandoned their lands in the southern regions of the Eonach Coillte, also known as the Emerald Woods, after the Martorian Empire had conquered their lands. They settled this land while the local Swadi and Gaelad tribes fought against the empire and created the settlement of Ham. For hundreds of years, the Hobs lived in relative peace until the Brannorian Host had arrived to the continent of Helm, led by King Brannor Brannorsson. The meek defenses of Ham provided no real defense against the Brannorian's, so the Hobs submitted to the Brannorians without a fight, in return the Brannorians allowed them to stay in their settlement but forced the Hobs to give fifty percent of everything they harvested at the end of every month, and this was specially brutal during winters, when the land does not yield as much produce.

While some Brannorian Kings and Queens were lenient towards Ham and the Hobs, most were harsh and merciless. One infamous king in particular, Wulfwere Brannorsson II, forced the Hobs to stop speaking their own language and forced them to speak Brannorian, which is now entirely forgotten and the closest language to the original Hob language is spoken by the tribal Redcaps of Dearg-Clogaid. The situation grew more dire after Wulfwere died, with his son Dreamwulf taking the crown of Brannorian and showing utter disdain for non-Humans, in particular the Duergar, and the young king did not really differentiate the short and pale Hobs from the stockier and glowy-eyed Duergar. Dreamwulf raised the taxes of Ham to unreachable heights and those who did not pay would be sent to work camps or mines and gather resources until they pay their debts to the kingdom and that's when the first independence movements began to surge across the overpopulated Ham.

"That's when Ol' Joseph comes in!" said Cassandra before biting into a delicious looking cooked lamb. Josephan the Hob was not from Ham, he was born in Sophos, an important port city in the Empire of Lykos, to a pair of Hamerite Hobs that had abandoned the village to join a travelling merchant from Prasad. During their travels, the couple had earned quite a lot from the eastern silk trade and gave their son Josephan a proper education in one of the most prominent universities of Lykos. Despite his short stature and the constant mockery and discrimination for being a Hob from his peers, Josephan became an extremely skilled architect and engineer whose skills have been compared to the master architects of old. Despite having made a small fortune while working for the emperor, Josephan always showed a passionate interest for his ancestral homeland, and set off to see Ham for himself.

When he arrived to Ham, he witnessed as twenty Hobs were chained by Brannorian soldiers due to their inability to pay taxes. The town was impoverished, the fertile land was barely tended to and most of the animals looked sick, many Hobs were malnourished and unable to put up a proper fight against their oppressors. Unable to withstand such injustice, Josephan used all of his funds and savings to give Ham his biggest masterpiece. He hired Human and Duergar mercenaries to help the protect the town and to attack Brannorian tax-collectors on the road heading to Ham, he then brought food from Eranoiran towns and settlements and fed his people and helped them regain their lost strength. Once they had regained their strength, Josephan led his people in a race against time before the Brannorians sent a Fyrd to check on the city. Luckily for them, Josephan had learned a few useful tricks that would help them build his dream walls.

When the Fyrd had arrived to Ham, they didn't see a weak little hamlet but a fort built in a oriental style, and they were not welcomed with diplomats, but with a barrage of stones thrown by the Hob slingers on top of the walls. It was a declaration of independence - and a declaration of war. King Dreamwulf could not tolerate the idea that a bunch of non-Human peasants not only defeated his Fyrd, they had the nerve to resist his rule. After discussing it with his vassals, the human King led his Earls, Barons and Fyrds against Ham. It was a long war that nearly lasted a year, but it only ended with the defeat of the Brannorian armies who failed to penetrate the advanced defenses and to properly block the forts maritime port that allowed the Hammerite Hobs to get supplies from sympathetic Eranoiran Hobs. Artoras 12th is the day Hob forces and allied human mercenaries led by Josephan met with King Dreamwulf to sign the Treaty of Ham, putting an end to Brannoria rule over the town and officializing the creation of the first independent Hob city in Western Helmos.

"Old Josephan did not live to see his city expand much though" said Cassandra before licking her bowl clean. "Ddraig's fire disease got him a few months after the war... but his spirit lives in all Hobs who build and create, while he didn't see Ham become Waterham in person, he saw it through us, the people he liberated. We have a beautiful fertile land, a vibrant culture and a strong bond to one another... of course we have our flaws, no sentient being is perfect but I like to think he is proud of us... to many, he is a patron saint... and while I don't consider meself a redblooded Waterhammerite Hob... I do admit I find myself praying in his name." Cassandra then closed her book and tossed the bowl of food away. Her eyes growing wide again as she pulls out another book from her seemingly infinite backpack. "Now who wants to learn of the "11 Years of Yeast"?!"

• Day 5 •
Tomorrow was the day the company would depart Waterham for good while and head north through the Confederation of Free Cities and then into the Kingdom of Brannoria. Some members of the company spent the day in the camp, having had their fair share of the city during the first two days, but the majority went back to the tavern to enjoy the day at its fullest. Gsera spent the day at the plaza, doing small tricks for the cute Hob children while Kastalli and Syllannan watched her from afar, the two spent the day talking to one another, thankful that the cat bard was in a much better condition.

Cassandra and Cecilia spent the day at the library, this time joined by Malthara and Gawain, who took their time reading through the many old tomes owned by the Hobs, Gawain wasn't very impressed with their selection. Right outside the library, in the market plaza, were Paulin and Petro, both looking through the various stalls and shops, many Hobs looking at the Minotavur with utter awe or fear. Near to their location were Abasi and Devereaux, performing a little show for the market while also collecting copper and silver coins, a little something for the days ahead!

Back in the camp, Sentry spent her day improving her weapons and the weapons of those in the company, she even got a request from Devy to improve his weapons but that's something that will take her a bit more time and concentration. Right now all she had in mind was sharpening swords and spears and making sure the rogues were not carrying rusty daggers. She was lucky to have a trusty assistant in Hrongar. Near to her, Waylond and Pot were busy training alongside a few other members, though it was clear Waylond was more interested in hitting on the company women than to teach Pot how to properly block against a veteran knight. Inside his tent, Calocis basked in the darkness, his eyes closed as he kneeled on the ground facing downwards. His meditation allowed him to get better visions of the path ahead, but also serves him of a reminder of the many Gods and Goddesses he serves. Through meditation, Calocis's powers increase +1 point.

Near the coast of Waterham of were Alberto and Korzhev but the old knight was more interested in fishing than in meditation like the old frog was. Korzhev used meditation not only for communicating with his Gods, but to also have a better understanding of the local spirits and nature entities that exist in this particular region. However, the old men were not able to enjoy a lot of free time as they heard the shouting from a Hob mother in the distance and they quickly rushed there to help her. They found out that a young Hob child had been bitter by an Adder, and while the father had managed to kill the vile snake with a hatchet, the poor baby Hob was in great pain and if not treated in time, they would die from the poison. Korzhev was quick to act, using his own healing powers and nearby medicinal herbs alongside his own supply of Blood Leaf and other medicinal plants he had in his pouch. He then put them on his mouth and chewed on it for a few seconds before spitting the chewed mixture on the young child's wound and then wrapping the childs arm on a bandage. The parents were a bit confused by this treatment, maybe a bit disgusted too. But after several minutes, it was clear that their child was not going to die to the poison. Both parents thanked the company and even offered to pay for the treatment, but both old men declined but thanked them for the offer. As both parents walked away, nearby members of the company cheered for Korzhev, who had just saved a baby Hob. Korzhev learned a lot today. He gains a new trait and gains a +1 pont to his magical attack.

Once the night had settled in and everyone was back at the camp, the dinner time was quitter than previous days. Some had a bit of small talk but most were fixated to the pit fire, thinking of tomorrow. The Sheriff said that the mayor wants to meet the company and those that dealt with the Cultists and Belnach. Some wondered what the mayor wanted, but most didn't care, they only had one thing in mind. Tomorrow the company marches again to new lands.

Chapter 2: Brannoria
CHAPTER 2: BRANNORIA

"So... you want to sleep with the Minotavur?" asked one of the warrior women at Paulin, who was washing his face on the camps water barrel. "M-merde! W-who in Hel starts a conversation like that, I just woke up!" he said while grabbing a piece of charcoal from the used pit fire, rubbing it on his index finger and then smearing it on his teeth. "...b-befifes, nonef of yer busnuf!" He said while cleaning his mouth and then spitting the water on the grass beneath him. "Just wondering... never met a sodomite before, and never expected them to be attracted to such a weird creature." said the lady warrior while eyeing the camp around them. It was still early in the morning, everyone was getting up by now. "S-Sodomite? Tsk... you Gaians and your stupid terms, us at the Cult of Gods call love for what it is! Love!" he said while puffing his chest, the lady warrior raised a brow. "...and does bull boy reciprocate that love?" Paulin's face changed from pride to fear. "I dunno... I hope so... but it's too early for that... come, help me prepare the fire to cook breakfast!"

While Paulin and the lady warrior prepared the fire, Alberto got out of the tent where everyone in the "leading team" slept in. "Cold morning... I can see my breath!" he said as Cécilia emerged from the tent as well. "I-indeed... it's a good thing we are heading north in spring though, I wouldn't want to explore Brannoria in winter... by the way, monsieur Alberto, when do we meet the Sheriff and the Mayor?" asked the lady scholar while gently petting Grunde, who was resting on her shoulder. "Eh? Ah, right... after the early morning, m'lady." Cécilia nodded, wondering what sort of ceremony the Hobs had for their departure. "Well, I hope it doesn't take us too long, I love Waterham but I want to see more of the north. I am really curious about the independent cities!" While the scholar sat down on a log, getting ready for breakfast, she noticed something odd. "Uhm... Alberto, did you see Devereaux get up earlier today? I haven't seen him." Alberto shakes his head in response, completely unaware of Devy's current state. "Maybe the others know... at any rate, it's time to wake up these lazy kids!" he said before grabbing a pan and hitting it repeatedly inside the tent to wake everyone up. "Good morning everyone! It's a brand new day to pack everything up and do some cartographing! Come on!" He said while watching everyone's groggy faces.

These past few days were honestly unusual. Everything seemed to have gone too fast and too slow at the same time. It didn't help that most of the time was spent recovering from her surgery but just as the chirurgeon said, she healed rather quickly. She didn't mind that the group decided to set up camp as opposed to staying at the tavern. It was understandable that they wouldn't want to spend all their money on one place when they practically just began the expedition. If she was being honest though, a comfy tavern room bed would have felt much nicer. While she made almost a full recovery, her body still felt sore and tired from all the energy expended. Kastalli was at least thankful that she was able to rest alongside her two friends: Sera and Syllannan. The feline woman slept soundly, mostly because her body was doing all that it could to replenish the energy lost.

However, she must have moved around quite a bit in her sleep as her hair was ruffled up for the most part and her entire right side of her body had draped itself over Syllannan. Kastalli's head rested on his shoulder and most of her back faced towards Sera. As she snored softly, her tail thumped to the same rhythm. Inhale, tail lifted up. Exhale, tail smacked down right against Sera's face. Unfortunately her peaceful slumber was rudely interrupted with the awful clanging of a pan inside the tent. "För tidigt (too early)," she groaned as her ears flattened in response to the loud noise. Kastalli breathed deeply, unknowingly rubbing the side of her face against Syllannan's shoulder. When she found the mental strength to fully wake up, she opened her eyes and blinked for a moment. "Oh. Good morning, Syllannan!" Kastalli gently pulled herself away from him after noticing the lack of space between them. She sat up carefully, looking over to Sera. "Sera, I hope you slept well!"

One eye opened up and peered through her hair to the source of the noise that woke her. Gaining her morning strength, Sentry rose up in a half seated position, resting on her elbows and looking around her as the rest were getting up. The time to go was fast approaching so they needed to get a move on. The barbarian stretched while still seated and with one hand patted the still sleeping dwarf's bald head. 'Cute stump of a man he is.' she thought while grabbing a half full mug from nearby and positioning it above his head.

"Wake up, Stumpy." She said as the liquid collided with his forehead, rushing him out of his dream. "We have to prepare before we leave. Don't want to forget anything." Sentry got up and took off towards the tent's exit, making sure to greet the others for good morning on the way out. She picked up the pace to get to the camp's 'armory' where her anvil and gear were for the night. Didn't come as a surprise that Waylond and his squire were already present tending to their own equipment. "Morning you two."

"Good morning my lady, how are you...Oh!" Waylond quickly turned his head away while Pot didn't bother raising his own from the sword he was cleaning. "No offense lady Sentry, but I can tell its a cold morn just by looking at your direction currently. Would you like us to give you some privacy?"

"Huh?" She raised an eyebrow before quizzically before remembering a crucial detail for the mornings. Putting on something to cover her upper body. "Oh! No worries Swifty, I'll just put on my armor. You and Pot pretend I'm not here."

"Were you to make it that easy." The knight said under his breath.

"Charmer." Sentry started to adjust her armor. "Though I can hardly blame you for this one. The need to be covered up everything all the time wasn't a priority back in the old age."

"Well, even so, I doubt you welcomed winter with open arms and naked bodies."

"Some did actually, though I don't think they lasted as long as they thought the would." After some fiddling Sentry turned to the two "All done, you can turn heads and talk like normal now."

"Thank you for that, I was beginning to feel my neck lock in place." The knight joked.

After the conversation ended, the trio would get on their tasks and preparations for departure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back