• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

"So... thank you for helping us... what's your name?"
Cal stopped in his tracks in response to the inquisitive human’s query. She knew the names of the Elder Ones. Recognized their marks amidst his items. A learned sort? He didn’t expect to meet her like in a place like this.

… Calocis.” He looked her up and down but did not return her smile.

the mysterious Dökkálfar said nothing in response, opting for a simple nod before leaving, Syll and Alberto looked at each other slightly confused.

"He must have his reasons, maybe he's just overwhelmed and a little shy, that has happened to me before"

Syllannan then took a minute to retrieve his weapon which was lying on the ground nearby, he ran his fingers along the length of the axehead's blade, it had been damaged a bit from the last attack, most notably a dent by the middle. I should probably ask Sentry to help me out with this later thought to himself as he strapped the weapon on his back.

"Oi, Petro or Syll or knight guy that joined us today! Can any of you carry lady Kastalli to the Inn, I need to perform surgery on her as soon as possible."

Syll wasted no time and headed towards the chirurgeon and Kastalli, hearing that surgery was in need was real bad news, not only because of the gravity of the injure, but also because he knew it was not a pleseant procedure.

"Please, allow me to help, it's the least i can do" said Syll as he carefully lifted Kastalli, placing one arm under her knees and the other under her back, making sure to make no pressure on her ribcage.

"I'm happy to see you made it back, looks like you fought bravely against that brute, then again i knew you could do it" Syll then looked at the chirurgeon, of course there was something else worrying him "Sera...she passed out after the explosion, is she going to be alright?"

Although she was thankful for Devereaux's assistance, she couldn't help but wince in pain as he grabbed her arm and wrapped it around his neck to support her weight. She let out a loud exhale in acknowledgement to his personal experience with axes but even such a simple gesture like that caused her more pain. Axes were quite the common weapon in Skæg but never would she have thought to have experienced one directly. The only bright side to this was she didn't lose an arm or leg, or worse, her tail.

Her gaze lifted at the sound of footsteps approaching but she wasn't sure whether to be relieved or not when she saw the chirurgeon. She nodded at his warning, taking a deep breath to prepare herself. "Knulla! (Fuck!)" Kastalli gritted her teeth as the man prodded at her ribs. The diagnosis was just as bad as the pain - multiple broken ribs. Her eyes widened in fear as the chirurgeon mentioned surgery. She remembered the pain that Syllannan went through when he needed surgery after their encounter with the bandits. What more was that she was at risk of piercing a vital organ if she made any more movements. Could she have pierced a lung when running over here to rejoin her comrades? Or maybe her heart when she lunged forward to strike one of the cultists? She wasn't sure if she should count herself lucky or stupid.
"Please, allow me to help, it's the least i can do"
Kastalli groaned in pain as Syllannan lifted her. Despite how careful and gentle he was, even the smallest amount of movement brought pain to her body. She rested the side of her head against his shoulder, trying her best to control her breathing as she listened to his words. If it wasn't for Captain Jager, she would have been lying on the streets of Waterham, dead. Not to mention the Dökkálfar had prevented her from bleeding out afterwards as well. She couldn't consider that as a victory. "N-No...you misunderstand, Syllannan...I almost died...it...it was not even close…" Kastalli didn't bother explaining the tradition of Skæglin raiders taking herbs to empower themselves. Had it not been for that, she would have stood an equal chance but that wasn't the case. "The Dökkálfar saved me...the victory is not mine…" Her eyes began to well with tears as she continued, "I have failed...t-to notice my lack of strength...and almost died...I am s-so foolish...and now...now I have to endure surgery...and...and…" Kastalli took a deep breath, closing her eyes as tears streamed down her cheeks. She turned her head further inward, wanting to cover her face to prevent Syllannan or anyone else from seeing the state she was in.

Waylond stepped towards to offer Kastalli his aid, but halted as she leaned on Syl. Seeing that she was taken care of, he began to look around to see if anyone else would need aid, but his attention turned back as he heard her voice crack and descend into a soft cry.

"Lady Kastalli" The knight began "Forgive me for being so bold, but I do believe you're not taking everything into account. You faced down the brute on your lonesome and despite your injuries you still found the strength to not only come to your friend's aid, but played a part in the final victory. Whatever defeat you may have suffered before that is not to weigh heavy on your heart as the gods have clearly decided it to not be your end, but another milestone in your path. Your wounds will heal and your scars will fade in time as you continue your journey along The Path. And we will be right alongside you in every step of the way." He tapped Syl on the shoulder with an armored gauntlet.

Syll felt terrible seeing his friend in such a state, in truth he had no idea what had truly happened, but it was clear at a simple glance that she went through something really horrible, and he had trouble finding the proper words to encourage her. Luckily though, the knight that joined them a few hours ago, Waylond, stepped in to say what he had in mind.

"Forgive me for being so bold, but I do believe you're not taking everything into account. You faced down the brute on your lonesome and despite your injuries you still found the strength to not only come to your friend's aid, but played a part in the final victory. Whatever defeat you may have suffered before that is not to weigh heavy on your heart as the gods have clearly decided it to not be your end, but another milestone in your path. Your wounds will heal and your scars will fade in time as you continue your journey along The Path. And we will be right alongside you in every step of the way."

"...He is right, you know? I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that, but no matter what happened, what's important is that you're here, and as long as you're alive you can always learn from the past and improve. Also on that note, you're telling me that after a near-death experience the first thing you did was to come to our aid? i wish i had a fraction of your determination"

Syll wished he had a free hand to reassure her with a pat on the head.

Last edited:
Gawain put his hands together in a gentle clasp as he scanned the aftermath of the battle, trying to get a grasp on certain details he may have missed. He could see members of the company starting to gather and converse, his empty sockets giving a rather inquisitive sweep of the area.

"There is still something that is nagging me." the skull-faced mage declares aloud as he cups his chin with a few fingers. "The Chort mentioned that he and his lackeys were hunting a Ddraig, yet I haven't noticed such a creature anywhere in this city. Had they captured or sacrificed it before coming for us? Surely not..." Gawain clacked his teeth together, pacing about as he walked by the gathering around an injured Kastalli.

"None of you seem to be in the condition to help pinpoint the whereabouts of our mystery Ddraig. Not that I am looking to hunt it, but it is odd that we haven't come across it at all. A shame." With only the slightest bit of disappointment in his voice he began to keep pacing down the street.

Calocis said:
"…Calocis."

The Dökkálfar's response was short and rather, but while that might intimidate others, Cécilia only found it more fascinating, having only read about the strange Dökkálfar in the Álfheimr Saga, a book detailing the adventures of a group of Ljósálfar scholars and their encounters with humans, non-humans and most importantly, other Álfari. While thinking what to say next to the mysterious dark elf, the scholar overheard the harrowing tale of Kastalli and how she survived due to the interference of Calocis. "...well, Calocis. It sounds like you've helped us a lot tonight... why don't you come with us to the tavern we are staying for the week?" She asked, before offering her hand to the dark elf. "...Cécilia Delafousse, scholar, cartographer and leader of the Cartographers Guild. I'm leading an expedition throughout all of Gea with the patronage of the Emperor of Eranoire... and we would love to have a new cleric amongst our ranks, even if the deities he worships are not... well seen among some people, but I do not judge." Cécilia gave the dark elf another genuinely friendly smile, still offering her hand to him.

Syllannan said:
"Sera... She passed out after the explosion, is she going to be alright?"

The chirurgeon remained quiet while Kastalli tearfully confessed what had happened, out of respect for the young Skæglin woman. Luckily for the warrior doctor, both Syllannan and Ser Waylond attempted to cheer her up almost immediately. "Hm... eh? Ah, Sera... yeah she's just exhausted, I'll use something to wake her up in the inn before checking her... for now lads, lets go back to inn, let them Hobs take care of this mess for now." The warrior-doctor turned around and began walking away from the scene, but before he left, he called out for Paulin, who nearby looting another Wicked Blade from one of the dead cultists. "Oi, blondie! Tell the minotavur to come along, he has a nasty cut on his arm and I want to look at it before I perform surgery!" he shouted before finally walking away from the scene. Paulin quickly polished the strange sword with a dirty rag before turning around and wrapping his arm around Petrocles's. "You did amazing! You saved both Cécilia and Grunde! Come on, we gotta check that nasty gash on your arm!" He said while pulling the Minotavur warrior away.

Gawain said:
"The Chort mentioned that he and his lackeys were hunting a Ddraig, yet I haven't noticed such a creature anywhere in this city. Had they captured or sacrificed it before coming for us? Surely not..."

As most members of the company walked away from the scene, the resonant voice of Edgar Vatrine started to echo once more in the mind of Gawain. "Your little stunt was impressive, a display of an adept wizard indeed... but lets not forget it wasn't just you who performed it, the Runeseeker truly boosted your abilities, hehe..." He said between raspy cacklings. "...but you are asking the right questions now Gawain... there's a Ddraig, either in this city... or among us." Gawain had to stop for a moment to think about that possibility for a moment. "You got the powers to read auras... and while a Ddraig is capable of hiding their real forms from others, a good wizard would be able to tell apart who is wearing an impostors disguise... but, if there's indeed a dragon travelling with you, another question appears... why?"

As more member of his group walked away after looting the enemy and responding some of the inquiries from the constables, Alberto turned his attention to the Sheriff. "What are we doing now ma'am?" He asked while taking his helmet off, revealing his mid-long white hair. "H-hmm? Ya' lot did enough by takin' care of Belnach for us... I'd say go to yer inn of choice and rest fo' the night... The Grand Mayor will probably want to have a word with ya' after reading me reports." Her tone had changed so radically that Alberto had a hard time processing he was talking with the shouty lawwoman he talked with in the morning. "Well... I thank you then, are you going to be alright, you took a very hard kick from that thing." said the old knight, showing genuine concern for the Hob sheriff. "Heh... takes a lot of to take down an ol' Hob!" She said while flexing her left arm. "...don't ya worry about me, old fella, I'll see ya lot with the mayor tomorrow." She said before turning around and walking alongside a few of her constables, leaving Alberto to think a bit before shouting for any remaining party members to follow him back to the inn, leaving the cleaning and investigation to the remaining constables.

When one of the company fighters that had followed Waylond entered the establishment of the Bottomshire's, the remaining company members burst into relieved cheering, but that cheering quieted down when two other warriors and Constable Bolby brought an unconscious Gsera. Some started to worry what might have happened to their companions, but were relieved to see Devereaux and Abasi enter the tavern together, both seemingly unharmed, they were then followed by Malthara and Cassandra, with the later carrying four wicked blades wrapped in a thick cloth. Paulin and Petrocles entered next, the young Eranoiran warrior waves at those still in the tavern. "Everyone is alive, but we got a few wounded!" He announced, more sighs of relief were heard throughout the tavern after hearing the news. After a minute of waiting, Gawain entered the tavern, behind him were Korzhev and Alberto, the two had been talking on the walk back to the tavern.

"Everyone!" shouted Alberto while taking off his armor. "We are all going to have a talk in a moment, so please stop drinking for now, we can celebrate some of our successes tonight later but right now I want everyone to look at me and pay attention!" His tone was strong and commanding and as a result of it, the other members of the company cease their revelry, all of them looking at each other with confusion and curiosity in their eyes. The silence reentered the tavern when Sentry entered the tavern, behind her was the company's chirurgeon alongside Syllannan, Kastalli and Ser Waylond.

The warrior doctor looked like he was preparing himself for a war, he had determination in his eyes as he looked about the place before waving at the portly Hob lady behind the counter of the Inn. "Alright we are here... Oi, miss Bottomshire, you mind if we use the west dinning room to treat some of my companions?" the old woman looked at both Kastalli and Sera, she didn't feel confortable with her establishment becoming a field hospital, but she couldn't deny them either, specially after constable Bolby told her what the party had done tonight. "Thank you ma'am... Lads, put Sera on that table gently! Korzhev, get some of your strongest herbs and rub 'em on Sera's nose to wake her up!"

The chirurgeon pulled a bag full of tools from behind the table he had been eating earlier. "Petro, sit down on that table and Paulin, use a clean rag and clean the cut on his arm, it doesn't look too bad but I still want to give it a look later." Paulin looked at Petro and gave the Minotavur a big smile. "Sit down big guy, 'tis Chirurgeon's orders!" He said while grabbing a clean rag from his backpack. Petro sat near Gsera and was able to watch as Syll carried Kastalli while following the warrior-doctor.

"Ser Justin, toss me your strongest healing potions, at least two! Now... Syllannan, I need you to put Kastalli on this table gently." The Chirurgeon then rested his tool bag on another table, revealing several surgical instruments along other items. "...Hey, can one the monks come here, could use actual holy healing instead of magic regeneration, I don't want her to pass out!" He shouted while pulling two items from his bag, luckily one of the Messelian Monks that had joined the company came to aid the chirurgeon. "...good, now... Kasta, I am going to ask you to take these." he said while showing her two items, one was a thick piece of leather, the other was one long piece of cloth. "...put the leather in your mouth, I need you to be awake in this process and I don't want you to... bite your tongue. The cloth is to... uh... well... you know, cover your peaches... don't worry I'll ask the lad here to cover you while you put those on." He said while looking at Syll.

Alberto watched the little field hospital being formed in the room next to them, the same room they have all eaten a few hours ago. He hoped that Kastalli would be okay after the surgery. He turned around when he heard the door to the inn open again, revealing a few other company warrior that had come to aid them earliers, but behind them were Cécilia, Grunde and the strange, Calocis. "Well... everyone is here, that's a good thing." said the old knight as he handled the last pieces of armor to Pottery, who was kind enough to help him take off the rest. "Alright everyone, we got a few things to talk about... starting with an important thing." he said before looking around the tavern. "...Abasi, come forth." He said, while looking at the half-Basteti dancer.

After entering the tavern alongside Abasi, he gave the rest of the company and other patrons a theatrical bow before searching for the young Hob that he had instructed to hold onto his lute for him. Once he found him, plucking at the instrument's strings on the far side of the tavern, he gently took the lute from the young lad and handed him some coins in exchange. "For services rendered, dear boy!~" he stated, giving the small Hob a nod before turning about and moving back over to where the company were mostly seated.

He found a seat, unlike before when the group had been eating in the other room, and sat down gracefully. Folding one leg over the other as he let his lute rest in his lap. He was eager to hear what Ser Alberto had to say, and it seemed to involve their new compatriot Abasi! Cocking his head a bit, he looked over to where Abasi was. A smile forming beneath his mask.

Meanwhile, Malthara and Cassandra also took their own seats. Setting the wrapped blades down on the table next to them. Just as before, Malthara allowed Cassandra to sit in her lap. She gave the Hob a faint smile as she climbed up onto it, before redirecting her attention to Alberto.

Cal peered down at her hand but did not immediately take it. He had not planned on this. In truth, he hadn’t planned any of his moves for quite a long while… Then again, if these visions and wonders were any indication, Cal felt reasonably secure in the knowledge that this, too, must be part of the Dark One’s Great Plan.

I am a tool in Your hands. Use me as You will.

I will accompany you.” He answered flatly, leaving her hand unshaken. The silhouette of moonlight surrounding her shimmered. Another sign. This meeting was ordained.

… Later, Cal found himself entering a bustling tavern, the likes of which he would prefer never to see again. His gaze flitted suspiciously around the room. A den of vipers, I’ve found myself in, he thought to himself as he muttered a prayer over the gash in his arm, turning away from the others to hide the burgeoning shadows pooling beneath his palm as they went to work, knitting together ashen flesh and soaking up dried, dark blood.

Last edited:
Sentry followed after Alberto back to the tavern. On the way she was thinking of the events that happened minutes ago. The magics coursing through her had done something to her as the webs of her memories began to clear. She remembered the runes but also the events of their forging. Maybe that was something that was missing to offer a solution to her problem. She should talk with someone who knows magic about this. Maybe Gawain's insight could help.

As she entered the tavern, the silence was the first thing she noticed followed by the doctor going to work. Not much to do, but sit down next to Malthara and Cassandra and wait to see what Alberto wants to do with Abasi.

Waylond stood in his place next to Syl, in case further care is needed...and looking away to give the lady her privacy.

Abasi was already celebrating by having a drink with Devy , he took the chance to try and get a look at more of the jesters facial features as he took a sip of his wine. "Say , as a fellow performer i understand the need for clothing that helps with our craft , but why hide such pretty face under the mask at all times ?" it was two things...either the jester was actually shy about his looks something that of course sounded impossible to abasi , or he just needed to hide his face...perhaps for fear of beeing recognized ? beeing in...somewhat of a similar situation abasi could understand that...even if he made almost no attempts to conceal his own identity

Before he could continue the conversation much further he herd Alberto calling for him , looks like he wanted to praise him for the deal with the redcap wannabe and of course abasi would never refuse a chance to be praised and be made the center of attention in a room !

Korzhev watched as the tavern they’d only just had a celebration the previous be turned into a makeshift hospital. Their chirurgeon wasted no time in tending to everybody wounds. Meanwhile, when he had called for him he cheerily told Alberto, “My, looks like duty is calling for me!” as he left his side.

He went over to check on Sera. He grabbed an abandoned mug from the counter and started working on a mixture of herbs. While he did, he started talking to the unconscious girl, just as if she were awake. “Well, well miss Sera! I hadn’t known you had it in you to cast such magic! You are quite deserving of some congratulations there! Heh, you might like them better when you could hear them. In the meantime he’d also asked for some boiling water to be brought over, which he poured into the strange mix of plants.

“Now, this should be strong enough to snap you right back into the waking world!” as his little rant continued he proceeded to bring the infusion up to her nose, gently running a hand through Sera’s hair. “You’ve got quite a lot of things to do up here, dear! So hurry up to get back and back on your feet, will you?”

After having passed out, Gsera found herself briefly back home at her father's cottage exactly the way she had left it. She sat by the warm glow of the fireplace and could vividly recreate the smells of the forest outside as well as the materials and foods inside. It was a pleasant memory, for certain, as she had spent her young years practically living here and exploring the areas her father would let her go to nearby. The worries of the outside world seemed to melt away as she leaned back in the chair she sat in and closed her eyes, the ambience of the small fire giving life to the silence around. Yet, a sudden strong and pungent smell entered her nostrils which caused her to look about in confusion for a moment to find the source. She recognized *some* of the smells in the concoction and grimaced at how bad it came to be to the point where she found her little dream collapsing inwards on itself and returning to reality.

Gsera gave off an audible groan as her eyes flickered open again to the hazy surroundings of the inn she now found herself in. Her first thought immediately was questioning how she had gotten there, but when she saw Korzhev, and others, standing over and nearby her she then realized that they had helped her here. "Did... you really have to use bogroot? It smells so bad..." she then asked as she began to rouse from the table, clutching at the back of her head as a dull pain throbbed from it. "Ow... ow..."

Slowly but surely she managed to sit upright as she slid her legs off the table to sit on its edge before looking around: "Did... did we win? I-is the d-demon gone?" she then asked, "I-is anyone hurt?"

When he saw that Sera was slowly returning to his senses, Korzhev smiled. “Welcome back, dear! Now, it is a much, much better idea to lay down in this state.” Before answering her questions and clearing up some of the visible confusion, he tried to gently push her to lay down again.

“Oh, apologies for the terrible herbs, but the chirurgeon had asked it of me to wake you up as quickly as possible and thus, it had to be used! As for the demons, there’s nothing to left for you to worry your little head about, yes? Well, as I was saying earlier, some congratulations are in order for you since you’ve been a great help in defeating that..that thing!” He then made motioned in Kastalli and Syll’s general direction.

“Your friends took quite a beating themselves but they shall pull through soon! Now, now, I promise you my next infusion would have a more..tolerable smell.” With that, Korzhev started preparing another infusion to help alleviate Sera’s headache, making sure to add something for a more bearable flavour.

Hearing the encouraging words from both Waylond and Syllannan stifled her tears. She was truly blessed to have good companions as these two, along with the rest of the expedition. “Thank you,” she breathed barely above a whisper before remaining silent for the rest of the journey back to the inn. Kastalli’s ears twitched as she picked up on the faint chatter around her, matching the familiar voices in her head. It was a relief to know that everyone else seemed to be in far better shape than she was.

Once the party arrived at the inn, they immediately took her and a few others who were wounded to the west dining room. It wouldn’t be good for business or morale to have injured members groaning and bleeding all over the place after all. Kastalli winced in pain as Syllannan set her down flat on the table. Her eyes darted around frantically as the chirurgeon spoke about needing two healing potions, a monk...and he needed her to bite down on a thick piece of leather. She breathed deeply trying to calm herself down at the fear of the inevitable pain she would be facing. Carefully, she pulled down the sleeves of her attire until her whole torso was exposed, revealing the sight of her injury. Then she gently took the long piece of cloth that was handed to her by the chirurgeon and laid it neatly across her chest to cover herself.

Her ear twitched once more as she could hear Sera nearby, allowing her to sigh in relief knowing her friend was okay. “I do not know if I can do this, I am scared,” she breathed as she looked at the piece of leather in her hands and then to Syllannan for reassurance.

Syllannan kept giving his back to Kastalli in order to cover her from sight as she wrapped herself with the piece of cloth, it was then that he noticed with great relief that Sera woke up thanks to a concoction made by Korzhev, he thought that he definitely had to have a talk with the shaman about alchemy one of these days.

His attention was switched when he heard the voice of his injured cat friend.

I do not know if I can do this, I am scared,”

"I don't want to lie to you Kastalli, it is going to hurt quite a bit, but everything is going to be fine! you are one strong gal and we're going to be with you in every step of the way"

Petrocoles sat down on the table with a small sigh, glancing around at the other wounded with some concern, hoping the others would be alright. Some of them had taken quite the beating - Kastalli, for one, and Gsera was unconscious. His own wound was remarkably minor in his mind, and he felt quite embarrassed as Paulin and the chirurgeon fussed over it, having him join the wounded and get bandaged up. There was certainly a sting to it, though he was used to small cuts from chips of rock breaking off stone when shaping them with his hammer. That, or bruises. You don't work around rocks without getting beat up every now and then. Still, he was grateful for the help, and he did not wish to disrespect the chirurgeon by saying his skills were not needed. More importantly, he didn't want to distract any one who was helping Kastalli and Gsera.

"You know... how did they get that rock from the sky?" he wondered aloud to Paulin and anyone listening nearby. The meteorite which had obliterated that infernal demon was a rock... from the sky. He was well aware of landslides and the danger they posed in the mountains and on hills. He had seen them plenty. Massive boulders, stronger than any natural force, careening down a mountainside and gouging up the ground and everything in its path. Trees, other rocks, even houses. If you were in a valley, a rock could feel like it was coming from the sky. But here, where they were not in a valley, or with any mountains nearby.... "Hmph. Magic, huh? Strange stuff," he said with a shake of the head. Rocks belonged on the ground, anyways.

"You got the powers to read auras... and while a Ddraig is capable of hiding their real forms from others, a good wizard would be able to tell apart who is wearing an impostors disguise... but, if there's indeed a dragon travelling with you, another question appears... why?"

I have not been scrutinizing the auras of the company all that much, admittedly. There is nothing I can see that would appear all that out of the ordinary. He replied back in his thoughts, arms crossed as he gently tapped his bicep with a finger. It is a rather puzzling thing indeed, if the Ddraig is traveling with us. Powerful creatures, and not always friendly. Are we being strung along by their ulterior motives? Troubling if so, though I cannot allow it to distract me from my work.

Gawain ruminated on those thoughts only slightly as the company made their way back to the inn, one of the last members to enter the building proper as he simply nodded at the cheers they were met with. The wizard only gave a slight glance to the injured as they were ferried into the the makeshift surgery room, yet soon found his gaze resting on Gsera as she came to. It was unusual, seeing someone of her stature take a solid hit to the head from a mace and then able to recant a powerful ritual as she did in the battle. Most ordinary Tuatha would have had their heads rendered into a chunk-ridden paste from that kind of weapon, yet there she was slowly coming back into wakefulness with only the aid of some kind of swamp water mix. Things didn't quite add up...

His skull swiveled back to Alberto as he seemed to be getting ready to make some kind of announcement, the mage's curled index finger slowly rubbing against his head. "Would it not be better to wait until the surgery is concluded, sir?" Gawain asks. "I mean this as nicely as possible but screams of pain do not blend well with important discussion."

Gsera's head perked up at the mention of some members being hurt as she quickly saw that Kastalli, bloodied and battered, was being operated on by a chirurgeon for her injuries which meant they were pretty bad. She then remembered that before their encounter with the cultists and the Chort, Kastalli had run off to face off against the northman that was hunting her and she gasped in shock as to what had been done to her by that brute. "By Máthair!" the Ddraig whispered as she received a brewed tea from Korzhev, her headache being slowly soothed from just the aroma alone. "K-Kastalli, I'm here! Don't worry, t-they'll help you get better!"

Gsera did want to help her friend recover from her wounds, but she was exhausted and had practically put her entire pool of strength into that last attack on the Chort to the point where the very thought of casting more magic at this time was a strenuous task. Even though she had been roused from sleep by the herbs that Korzhev had mixed together, the young ddraig still felt as though she could sleep through a hundred years without a problem. She then decided to save the tea not for herself, but for someone in more need than her of a soothing refreshment once Kastalli's surgery was finished and thus decided to stand nearby her wounded friend to give much needed moral support.

"Say. As a fellow performer, I understand the need for clothing that helps with our craft, but why hide such a pretty face under the mask at all times?

The harlequin chuckled at the question, as he alternated the crossing of his legs. "Well now! How shall I put this..." he said in response, pressing a finger to the base of his chin in a thinking pose. "There are a multitude of reasons, and several of them being related to my craft and line of work! My father always believed in concealing the visage of the actors in his passion plays with masks. He believed that it added a bit of mystery to things, making it even more fun for those watching our performances! Another reason is make-up can get really messy and tends to run during intense performances."

He moved his finger away from his chin, simply pointing into the air a short distance from his head. "As an adventurer for hire, I wear the mask to protect my identity from any potential nemesis I may earn! If they know what I look like, they could easily hunt me based off that."

As Alberto called for Abasi, interrupting their convo, Devy maintained his gaze on the company and Alberto as they prepared to listen to whatever Alberto had to say. All the while, he felt something gnawing deep within him. Is it time already? No, it hadn't been a week. He still had a few days to go before he would need another vial.

Then he realized what it truely was. He knew what was going on in the next room. Their doctor was about to perform surgery on Kastalli, his comrade in arms and in music. He was worried for her health, yes, but that wasn't what was pulling at him. He already smelled it in the air. Some of the others had been injured too, sure, but he could ignore that sweet, sweet smell. But what was coming was far harder to resist. It practically sang to his senses, urging him to simply turn his head and face what was to come. Even if he couldn't directly see it, through whatever coverings or obstacles were in the way, he knew where exactly it'd be, and when it would arrive. Just mere moments away.

Calm yourself, Devereaux. You're stronger than that dark craving, remember? He shifted in his seat, his head locked forward as he grew silent. Forcing himself to focus on the matters at hand, regardless as to how much his body wanted him to do otherwise. You've done this before, Devereaux. A multitude of times. She won't win. The hunger will never break you.

With everyone in the inn and Abasi standing to his side, Alberto prepared himself before speaking to the captivated audience, but before the old knight could speak, Gawain interrupted him with a valid question and reasonable motive.

Gawain said:
"Would it not be better to wait until the surgery is concluded, sir? I mean this as nicely as possible but screams of pain do not blend well with important discussion."

"You are absolutely right." said Alberto as he crossed his arms. "But as you can see, most here want answers, this day has been to hectic for some of us and many in this company in the dark about what just happened in the streets and at St. Yolanda's plaza." Several company members nodded in agreement, it was clear there were many people confused or completely unaware of today's events, still, Alberto agreed that Gawain had a point and it'd be better if everyone was here with them. "...but you are right, so I'll ask everyone here if you have no problem waiting until the surgery is over and the wounded can join us in this meeting." He said while looking across the room for any people who didn't want to wait for Kastalli. Pepin, the most veteran of the mercenaries, raised his hand. "If ya don't mind me commander, we are a company now... so I think we can all agree it'd be better if we wait for Kasta and Sera." As he spoke, Pepin looked at his surrounding companions, most of them agreeing with him. Alberto gave the man a respectful nod before turning his attention to Gawain. "Then we will wait."

While the rest of the company quietly talked amongst each other, Paulin took serious care of Petro's wound even if the Minotavur wasn't exactly in danger. Petrocles started to inquire about the spell used by Gawain as Paulin soaked the rag with a bit of alcohol. While nearby company members would simply smile at Petrocle's innocence, Paulin found it adorable and endearing.

Petrocles said:
"Hmph. Magic, huh? Strange stuff,"

Paulin ceased cleaning the wound to look at Petro, his grin growing wider as he sat down next to the Minotavur. "You know? I agree, it's very strange... I'd say it's a bit scary... the storm and the... me...mete...metorite? f-floating rock! It was all so... surreal... I think? but what I do know? Peasants don't like magic!" Paulin chuckled a bit after that last sentence, but as he continued to check Petro's arm, his smile slowly turned into a melancholic grin as memories of a long forgotten past in his childhood came rushing back. He remained quiet for a moment before speaking again. "...to think at some point of my life I even wanted to be a wizard and wear fancy colorful cloaks and turn people into frogs! Hah... heh... old man beat that idea out of me quickly..." He remained quiet again, before giving Petro a more sad smile. "...Onion farming is better anyways! Lemme finishing cleaning your wound mister apron." He said before jumping off the table and cleaning any excess blood from his arm.

While the young Eranoiran and the Minotavur continued waiting for the chirurgeon, both turned around to see him examining the area where Kastalli got hit. "Flesh is healed almost perfectly, barely a scar left" He said before gently pressing his fingers on the wound. It was incredibly painful for Kastalli. "...but I better work quickly before any loose bone harms an organ... Kasta, I need you to bite on that leather and try your hardest to not panic, okay?" He said while pulling out a knife from his bag.

Kastalli said:
"I do not know if I can do this, I am scared."
Syllannan said:
"I don't want to lie to you Kastalli, it is going to hurt quite a bit, but everything is going to be fine! you are one strong gal and we're going to be with you in every step of the way"

The chirurgeon sighed upon hearing Kastalli words of fear, it was understandable but dangerous for the surgery. He needed her to remain calm and he knew that the Monk's holy magics would help her calm down a bit, but to make sure she would not move at an unfortunate time, he looked at Syllannan. "Syll... if she panics, I need you grab her hand and hold it tight, you got it?" He gave the Hobalfar a pat on the back before he received the two healing potions from Ser Justin, the hedge knight quickly walked out to respect Kastalli's privacy. "Alright... uh, brother mind start the prayer? Keep her alive but conscious." said the warrior-doctor to the monk, who gave Kastalli a supportive smile before murmuring a few prayers and summoning holy powers, the manifestation of "Gaia's Goodwill" was soothing and and calming, providing Kastalli much needed relief. When the Chirurgeon raised his knife, the half-Rakshasa closed her eyes and bit the leather with her fangs.

(Medical Roll: 1d10 = 9 | Critical Success!) With a precise cut, the procedure started smoothly, Kastalli was feeling a lot of pain but luckily for her, having a member that practices the holy arts of a kinder deity helped soothing a lot of the pain. The Chirurgeon's work was not pretty or comfortable however, at times Kastalli couldn't help but to bite the leather in her mouth as tightly as possible when she felt the doctor grabbing her ribcage and spreading the bone so that he could gently pulling away the loose bone with his gloved hand. It was an uncomfortable and painful moment that only got worse when a piece of broken bone harmed a blood vessel that squirted a bit of blood on the Chirurgeon's face. "Ugh! hand me a potion!" He asked calmly before Syll handed him a potion, he proceeded to uncork the bottle with his teeth before dropping some of its red glittering contents into the wounded area to alleviate the pain and help in the healing process. "Almost done... I just need to do fix these broken ribs and I got what's needed for that." The chirurgeon proceeded fix the ribs using some sort of adhesive salve on the detached bone, the same he had used a few days ago to fix Syllannan's broken ribs. "Whitewood Sap and Old Man's Beard makes for an excellent glue if you are building something... but if you add a bit of Troll Fat?" He gave Syll and the Monk a wide grin. "Works miracles!"

The mood on the tavern was ambivalent, there were a few jokes here and there but most of the company were quietly waiting, concerned for the health of Sera and Kastalli. Thankfully, Sera had been awakened by Korzhev and was now standing near Kastalli. Everyone knew because how loudly she was talking. (Self-Controll Roll: 1d10 = 4 | Failure.) Despite trying his best to control his impulses, Devereaux wasn't able to properly control his instincts, the smell of Kastalli's and Petrocle's blood was strong and it made him shiver in his chair uncontrollably, his hands squeezing his knees tightly and when he felt the urge to get off his seat and drink blood he hurriedly buried his face on his hands to quiet down these unnatural instincts, but while his eyes slowly opened hidden behind his hands, he could see the glow of his eyes shinning in his hands. While he was planning to tell the others of his condition, this is not the way he wanted them to find out, he had to get to his blood vials quickly. Looking down to the ground, Devy got off his seat and quickly walked grab his bag, which he did successfully. But he did not count on one thing, the curious and always vigilant eyes of Cécilia.

"Huh?" The scholars eyes looked at Devy's hidden face with curiosity, she knew she saw an odd glow to them. "Something wrong, madame?" asked Alberto. Cécilia shook her head, better keep this to herself, for now.

After several minutes, the chirurgeon lifted his head and let out a long, relieved sigh before uncorking the other potion, pouring some of its contents on the wound and then forcing Kastalli to take a sip. It had a bitter taste, a standard for all healing potion. "Alright... brother, mind closing this now?" asked the warrior-doctor while pulling his bloodied leather gloves away. "Of course, son." said the monk in response before chanting a prayer, the glow on his hands grew brighter, and Kastalli watched how her wound closed, leaving a small scar that would never fully disappear. "You need to take it easy a few days, Kasta... and you need to drink a healing potion in the morning, it'll speed up the healing process of the bone. If you are lucky, you'll be fully healed in four days, just like Syll was before."

While she was healed, Kastalli's whole body still ached and was unable to even sit on the table properly on her own. "You'll be able to walk in an hour, but still... I'd suggest you to sleep as much as possible." The chirurgeon gave the half-Rakshasa a pat on the head before walking towards Petro. "Hey everyone, Kastalli is alive!" He shouted as he walked past the open doorway into the main dinning room, the company let out a collective cheer before turning their attention to Alberto. As the old knight prepared himself for the talk, the chirurgeon checked on Petro, examining the clean wound before giving the young Minotavur a pat on his healthy arm. "Well! I think this is nothing!" He said before pouring the remaining contents of a health potion into the wound. "Give it a night and it'll start healing." Done with Petro, the chirurgeon then focus on Gsera, but the young "Tuatha" insisted that she was fine, a bit skeptical of that, the chirurgeon decided to keep an eye on her for the remainder of the night.

"Alright company!" shouted Alberto as most of the company was now present to hear him. "A lot has happened today, enough for one to wonder if the Gods have something against us." He said in a joking manner, which did make a few company members laugh. "In our quest to help Waterham, we apparently got attacked from every angle possible... and I wanted to start with the good news, but apparently... we need to talk about the bad first... while Abasi and Cassandra prepared the trap for the Redcap, Zen was attacked by another Tengu, Korzhev managed to save him but... well..." Alberto looked at an empty chair near Sentry. "...I was told by Pepin that Zen had left us after he regained consciousness." said the knight while looking for the veteran warrior.

Pepin got off his seat, the old warrior gave everyone a nod before speaking. "Aye... birdman said that other bird that attacked him belonged to... uh, pardon my Shigese, the Kuroyasha, a ninja clan he belonged to. He did not want to endanger the company anymore, so he took the captive and left. He said that if he could find a way to lose the Kuroyasha for good that he would eventually try find us again... but that if he can't and he... well, died... he said it was an honor to travel with us."

Pepin sat back down, letting everyone accept the fact that Zen had left. Perhaps for the best, a ninja works better on their own. "...we could have helped him, but... well... nothing we can do now, I am sure that Zen will be fine and hopefully, we will see him again." One of the company warrior raised his mug of ale. "Gaia bless that bird, he will become the Dwarven Poker player out there! To Zen!" some of the company let out a chuckle before lifting their mugs and cups in honor of Zen.

"But Zen was not the only one that got attacked tonight..." said Cécilia while still holding Grunde on her arms. "...In the night, Gawain got attacked by some drunken lout who was apparently hunting Kastalli, this same man would later fight her but... while I do not have the whole story with me, it was him who saved our lovely bard." Cécilia stepped aside to present Calocis, who was standing there in complete silence. "...he's Calocis, a cleric of dark deities who still, despite any theological differences, saved Kastalli... and I believe we all have to thank him." said the scholar while looking at everyone with a smile, but one of the company rogues raised his hand to grab the attention of the scholar. "...uh, mademoiselle Cécilia... no offense to the dark elf, but didn't you get attacked by cultists of Nyarlaexedum? You want us to thank someone that might be associated with them?"

Cécilia shook her head. "Not all cults of Nyarlaexedum are the same... some indeed worship the deity as the Crawling Chaos, the God of Hel... but other cults worship him as Exedum, the God of Time or... God of Rebellion... I think we can all put aside any religious differences and thank him for saving Kastalli." Most of the company looked at each other with skepticism and mistrust of their new Dökkálfar ally. Upon seeing this, Alberto gave Calocis a pat on the shoulder and a smile. "Well, if nobody will! Thank you Calocis, I hope you join us in our travel." with both their leader and commander thanking the elf, some of the company thanked Calocis, but the looks of mistrust were still clear as day.

"Now... I know we got attacked by cultists but I'd rather talk of the good news before that." Alberto grabbed Abasi by shoulder and pressed the dancer to his side. "For what has Cécilia told me. This young man risked his life to take down the serial killed that had been threatening Waterham, not only that but helped protecting Cassandra Blackwell. He has not only perform admirably but even after taking down this ruthless murderer, Abasi came to our aid when he heard that we were under danger... I believe I owe you an apology, Abasi, for I had questioned your abilities... but I was proved wrong, and I am glad of that!" Alberto and Cécilia nodded at each other before the scholar shouted; "I want everyone cheer for Abasi!" The company reciprocated, lifting their mugs for the Entariushan dancer, even the few remaining Hob patrons and off-duty constables cheered for Abasi.

"Eat and drink as you please folks, we helped Waterham and most importantly, we survived a chaotic night!" Alberto patted Abasi on the head, before looking at Cécilia. "I know some of you might have plenty of questions... and we are not omitting the fact we got attacked by cultists on purpose, we have little idea why these people attacked us other than the fact that they were looking for Sentry and... a Ddraig, we have as many questions as yourself... so if any of you want to speak up and help us piece together what happened, it will be much appreciated... otherwise, enjoy the night my friends." The scholar gave everyone a friendly nod before sitting down near the big table where the company had dined earlier, but while she was happy they had helped Waterham, Cécilia had many things going through her head at the moment, hopefully some of her companions will help her understand why these cultists attacked them... or at least help her understand who the Ddraig is.

Damnit. DAMNIT! Devereaux squirmed in his seat, shivering as the lovely aroma of blood continued to drift through the air. He clenched his knees, eventually burying his face into his hands for a moment in an effort to try and fight off the urges. It helped a bit, but something else alarmed him. As he opened his eyes, a red light lit up the inside of his hands. Oh no. Not now. Please not now! Not with everyone gathered around! His eyes were giving off the tell-tale red glow, signifying that the hunger had kicked in fully. And his mouth began to feel weird, as his teeth started adjusting accordingly. This will NOT DO.

He quickly got up, moving straight for his bag on a table off to the side against the wall. His gaze leveled down at the floor in order to prevent others from peering into his mask's eye holes at his eyes. Once he arrived at his bag, he quickly picked it up. Glancing over his shoulder for just a brief moment at the rest of the group (and unknowingly allowing Cécilia to see the glow of his eyes), he attempted to make sure nobody was watching him before slipping along the wall. He needed to find a secluded area, where he could be alone for a few minutes. A vial needed to be consumed, and he needed time to calm himself.

I can't go a single day without cursing you, Ascelina, for this affliction!

Eventually, he slipped outside, walking around the side of the tavern. Searching for just the right spot. Along the way, he lifted his mask briefly and gulped down a single vial of crimson liquid.

DAMN YOU, ASCELINA!

Gsera had remained by Kastalli's side along with the others that were helping provide support to their wounded comrade all the way until the operation had finished successfully. Eagerly, she handed over her tea for her friend to consume before being approached by the chirurgeon who asked to check up on her. Politely she had declined as she was able to, for the time being, convince the doctor that she was perfectly fine and stave off any potential probing and prodding that could compromise her in any way. And after listening in from the doorway to Alberto's speech to the rest of the members of the company, she now realized that she couldn't afford to be careless in anyway now that it was public knowledge that a ddraig was near or traveling among them.

The very prospect of being outed with this new information renewed her fright that she had felt before and had shared with the griffon she had rode upon. And it was then another fear entered her mind: had she done anything else that could have raised suspicions? Or perhaps given clues to her true nature to someone else observant enough? Gsera slunk away from the doorway back into the makeshift field hospital that was the west dining room as she sat down and wordlessly twiddled her thumbs as her mind raced once more. Regardless of what people knew or not, what could she do about it? Realistically, nothing except run away... but that wasn't an option. Not yet anyway.

It wasn't until then she remembered the words she had exchanged with the griffon on their secluded flight alone in the sky: "...one day you must tell them your true nature... and I'm sure they'll understand." and she sighed, realizing that it would be inevitable that such a large secret would be outed. She wasn't good at lying... or deceiving... it felt wrong if such things left her own mouth and, while she had done so for her own safety before joining the group, she was now safe and surrounded by friends. Was it fair to them that the identity of someone being hunted by dangerous cultists and demons was kept hidden? Was it fair that her own friends be put into harms way for her own anonymity and comfort?

Gsera then resigned to burying her face in her hands as she leaned forward onto the table she herself had been set on earlier to hide the welling of tears on her face as frustration built at herself and her own indecisiveness. Making choices was hard... especially when it involved such stakes.

Gawain crossed his arms and nodded along with Alberto's announcements, up to speed on a majority of events aside from the capture of the Red Cap and a servant of that dark god joining them. As averse the wizard might have been to that given the circumstances, he did rescue one of the other company members as well assisted in dispatching servants of that same god. He knew better than anyone else that ignorance could cloud judgments, as well as the deceiving nature of first impressions and appearances. However if the cleric decided that he would also be criticizing the school of necromancy Gawain may find himself slightly frustrated at that. "Both the scantily clad dancer and the dark cleric have my thanks for the assistance. I've no qualms with whatever god he worships so long as the tenants don't include stabbing me." he announced somewhat loudly.

As celebrations went on the skull-faced wizard did not have to waste time eating and drinking, so he motioned through the tables and company members slowly so that he could locate a person of interest. "Evening, miss Cécilia." Gawain greeted with the slightest bow of his neck and shoulders. "With all of the commotion involved with today I hope you entertain the idea of a rather... off-topic question, if I could be so bold to ask it." Not waiting very long for a reply to that he gestures his fingers to the jewelry about her neck. "That amulet you wear, is it special? I've not quite seen anything like that design before, and I question if it has any interesting properties."

He was trying to be subtle with his line of questioning yet also dig deep enough to get the answer he was seeking. Gawain could not give the scholar the full story of: 'the talking skull in my skull told me to ask you about the amulet you wear' so this was the next best option.

Once everything was prepared in the same way when he was treated a few days ago, the surgery started. Syllannan didn't have to do much during the process, he barely had to hold Kastalli's hand as she was able to take the ordeal remarkably well, and other than that he had to pass the chirurgeon a couple potions. Certainly the hard part of it all was having to watch his friend getting her side sliced and poked around, as he couldn't afford to look away in case something bad were to happen. By the end Syll had a good idea of how Kastalli was feeling, having your ribs moved around by hand while you were conscious was far from what one would call pleasant, but he was extremely relieved that it turned out so well with almost no issues nonetheless.

"You did incredibly well Kastalli, better than I, that is for sure, and don't mind the scar, i think it gives you a lot of character!" Syll thought that a little bit of lighthearted humor was what his friend needed at the moment in order to cut with the dense atmosphere.

As things calmed down Syll finally managed to relax a bit, and it was then that he noticed that his cloak was a bloody mess, quite literally! a bit of blood from the cultists he fought and a LOT of blood from the two imps, and on top of that, while just a small extra, add the recent blood from the surgery. More than being an iconic piece of mage fashion, Syll believed cloaks to be a traveler's closest companion and he would always vouch for their greatness, since by simply taking it off, he was now looking...well at least somewhat presentable, they may great but not perfect. He then turned around as he heard Alberto started talking to the company as a whole.

A wave of strong feelings hit the elf as he heard the words that the legendary knight had to say, although it wasn't that surprising consireding that this was one of the most eventful and stressful days in Syllannan's entire life. While his time knowing him was short, Syll was still saddenned by hearing that Zen not only had been injured gravely, but also that he decided to leave, admitedly the elf knew very little about Shigese as a whole, as books and maniscripts about the land were very scarce back in his home. But it sounded like it was a pretty serious situation. Syll wished for the Tengu's future to be a bright one.

Not all was bad though, as apparently one of the newer recruits, the dancer Abasi had captured the very Redcap they spent most of the day learning about, quite the feat indeed! Syll thought to himself that he should get to know him better in the coming days, he seems like a decent fellow despite the clothes he wore, or rather the lack thereof.

The worst part, certainly, was what he had to hear about the Dokkalfar cleric that helped them in the battle against the Chort. That man turned out to be a devoted follower of the Dark God himself. What kind of sick fucking joke is this? Syllannan could feel the heat of anger building up in his chest. Was he supposed to believe that a follower of Nyarlaexedum was on their side and that there was no problem in inviting him to the company? those monsters just were unpredictable like that, not having an issue in butchering each other from a mere debate over the best way to lick the arse of their deity. To Syllannan they were all the same as the ones that caused panic in the streets of Waterham, that hurt his allies, that kept commiting atrocities in the underbelly of Ællgan...the ones that took his best friend. Then again, this guy also saved Kastalli's life, but why would a follower of Nyarlaexedum ever do something so selfless? Syll just clicked his tongue, frustrated by the confusion in his mind.

A few minutes had passed since Alberto's speech, Syll was absolutely parched and thought he needed to get a drink.

"I'll go get something to drink, i'll also bring you some water while i'm at it, but just give me a shout if you need anything" said Syll to his cat friend as he left for the counter, but then he noticed that Sera was sitting alone in the back, she seemed to be feeling really down for some reason...

He then called for Miss Bottomshire who was at the other end of the bar's counter. A part of Syll wanted to ask for the strongest drink they had, he really wanted to get piss drunk and let the stress of the day fly away, but he was fortunate enough to be one of the few members that ended up completely unscathed today, and getting drunk after what happened just an hour ago would be extremely irresponsible of him.

"I'll have some mead if you could, Miss, also a glass of water for my friend" he then turned his head back once again. "Oh, and also..."

A slightly loud thud was caused by a mug hitting the table Sera was sitting at.

"Apple cider, drink as much as you want, you won't have the slightest hangover tomorrow"

Syll sat down at the opposite side of the table, taking a big sip of his mead.

"You gave us all quite the scare back there, but it seems you're alright now...well physically at least, want to talk about whatever is on your mind?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back