• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

Sentry looked at the fairy dragon with interest. Such small magical creatures are a rare sight. Their next stop sounded like it would be interesting as well. She'd never seen hobs before in person. Only heard about them. She was very curious about them.

At the same time, others were talking among themselves to pass the time. Perhaps she should too. She looked to see who was free and maybe in a mood to talk and found that the large minotavur was one. She had avoided him in the tavern somewhat. It has been nearly a thousand years since she witnessed Cadmus be cut down by his kind. And many of those years she fought them off from her friend's tomb. There was a certain animosity she couldn't help but feel, but was it right? What had he done to deserve her ire? She couldn't help but feel a pang of shame. Cadmus fought them hard and he fought them well, but he never claimed to have any hatred for the minotavri. And yet they stormed his home and slew him. It all felt so frustrating to her. Another thought crossed her mind. Why not seek the opinion of someone else on the matter. Looking around some more, she noticed that Devy was gently strumming his lute while sitting in the carriage, undisturbed. One would wonder why she would ask a jester about such matters, but she had been around foolish men pretending to be smart. So maybe a man pretending to be a fool would be far smarter than he lets on.

"Hey, jester." Sentry paced herself to match the carriage speed "I don't mean to interrupt your luting, but I have a problem and I need someone else's thoughts on the matter."

Last edited:
Devy glanced to Sentry, gazing up at the tall fit warrior. He continued strumming, but paused his soft singing to reply to her. "Well, hopefully the magnificent Devereaux can be of proper service. What's the problem you're having?" he said, his mask hiding the smile on his face. Anything to be helpful.

"It's about the our new recruit. The minotavur." She pointed towards Ptrocoles' direction "I have some mixed feeling about him. Long ago it was his kind that slew my friend when they invaded and conquered his lands and it was also his kind that would partake in the occasional raid of the shrine I had to defend for so long, trying to take what's inside for themselves. Yet, he hasn't done anything to me and us, but I can't help but remember what his kin had done. I do not wish to start unneeded fights among us, but the feeling is still there." She paused for a second, contemplating what she had just said. She never did vocalize her thoughts like that. "What do you think? Am I right to be weary or am I just a fool holding on to a grudge?"

"Where was I? Ah yes, fine author, fine subject. I do have a theorem relating to the field but as I alluded to it's probably written a little bit too disjointed and complex for your tastes. A rather dry read, unfortunately."

"Actually, I would very much like to take a look at your theorem, I may not look the part but I've spent well over a decade reading papers and theses at the academy by a lot of different people"

Syllannan closed his book and put it back inside his bag, he then took out some variety of notes and showed them to Gawain.

"Be it from well respected scholars with impeccable writing on elemental evocation and it's dynamics, to absolute madmen who would barely write eligible words attempting to explain the fabric of reality on each plane of existence"

He took a few seconds to think on the near future.

"And if I happen to write my own research during this expedition, I'd like to hear some feedback from you, not pulling any punches of course"

"What do you think? Am I right to be weary or am I just a fool holding on to a grudge?"

Devy thought on what she had said for a few moments, as he continue to strum away on the lute. Eventually, he replied. "...I don't think you are a fool, Sentry, but it is very likely that he isn't like the ones that killed your friend. And you shouldn't bear a grudge against someone, or a race, just for the acts that some of their kind committed long ago." he said. Devy paused his strumming briefly, sitting up a bit. "...Get to know him. See how he is. What he thinks, and believes. You may find him to be a wonderful person in the end. Everyone's different, after all."

As the mounted duo passed by Gsera and Kastalli's position, Dakarai would overhear a conversation coming from Sentry beside another carriage to their right. He held his hand up to his ear as he began listening to the barbarian's concerns over the newest traveller.

"It's about the our new recruit. The minotavur." She pointed towards Ptrocoles' direction "I have some mixed feeling about him. Long ago it was his kind that slew my friend when they invaded and conquered his lands and it was also his kind that would partake in the occasional raid of the shrine I had to defend for so long, trying to take what's inside for themselves. Yet, he hasn't done anything to me and us, but I can't help but remember what his kin had done. I do not wish to start unneeded fights among us, but the feeling is still there." She paused for a second, contemplating what she had just said. She never did vocalize her thoughts like that. "What do you think? Am I right to be weary or am I just a fool holding on to a grudge?"

"One should not fault an entire species for one's misery," Dakarai commented as he and Saadah came up beside Sentry opposite of the carriage Devy resided, "If anything, it's the individuals in charge of them who allowed such tragedy to happen in the first place that are at fault." He paused briefly as his mount issued a guttural neigh, allowing the harlequin to initiate his thoughts and recommendations. Dakarai believed that the woman wasn't truly casting prejudice out of sheer spite of course, being rather akin to having a cautionary stance based upon the trauma sustained by the minotavurs' actions long ago. Perhaps some clarity may guide the barbarian to find peace within the darkness within her ached heart...

Sentry was surprised by Dakari and his massive lizard. Fitting for a man his size. Even so, he spoke with words that were aged with wisdom, similar to those coated with Devy's honeyed voice a moment later.

"You are right, both of you." She admitted "I've spend years of my life fighting his kin and then centuries interacting only with the worst of them. It's easy to forget they're different from each other." She paused for a few seconds "Gods, if Cadmus would hear me speak now." she spoke in a melancholy tone "I don't know if he would admonish me for letting my anger steer me or if he would comfort me to calm it."

Petrocoles looked around at Korzhev as the fellow approached, waving and talking fast enough to take him momentarily by surprise. The minotavur was glad for the lady sorcerer's spell - he likely wouldn't have understood a single word without being granted the ability to speak and hear as a fluent speaker. When a moment arose, he nodded his head low. "Thank you for the compliment, friend. But I would not see such flower made to tea, but rather into dye. Many of my kin craft pottery, plate, and clothes of varied colors. I think these petals would better serve the eyes than the tongue."

"And I don't think I got your name, either, mister. I am Petrocoles. Or Petro as many also call me." He paused to ponder what the road ahead may bring them as Korzhev did so aloud. He straightened his shoulders. "If there is to be a fight, I will fight better. My hammer can break stone. It can also break enemies," Petrocoles declared sternly. Then, a little butterfly fluttered past and settled on his horn by the flowers, and he grew very still so as not to disturb the delicate creature. He rose one finger up to it, in which it fluttered over, and he raised his hand high so that it could continue on its way, flying over the caravan and away.

Realizing that this was not such a strong look, he turned his outstretched arm into a flex, making a fist to demonstrate the definition of his thick arms. "As you can see," he said after clearing his throat, "I am very tough."

"Well, his father had exiled him from his clan for failing an important mission. They said he held too much emotion to be a proper ninja. I do not think he planned specifically to travel to Skæg but he made the journey anyways in search of contracts to get by." This was probably the first time Kastalli had spoken so openly about her late husband. She was able to remain strong while mentioning him in general but talking about the smaller details had always been tough for her. It was truly a surprise to herself. "Of course, he always said it was fate that brought him to my homeland. He was always such a sweetheart like that." She smiled as she looked out towards the beautiful plains.

"Enough about me though. You mentioned your father before but what about your mother? Do you miss her as well?"

"I've spend years of my life fighting his kin and then centuries interacting only with the worst of them. It's easy to forget they're different from each other." She paused for a few seconds "Gods, if Cadmus would hear me speak now." she spoke in a melancholy tone "I don't know if he would admonish me for letting my anger steer me or if he would comfort me to calm it."

Dakarai listened to Sentry's repenting, being somewhat surprised that she agreed rather easily. "Blind hatred often lays a down a dark and twisted road towards the deprivation of your true representations." Dakarai preached as he patted his mount's leathery hide, "To let it consume you brings upon the path of self-destruction through clouded vengeance. A true warrior must understand the context and clarity of the opposing force - regarding one's basic cultures, history, and beliefs - and in doing so act with honor and mercy, if applicable. For even the opposers may believe that they too are doing the right thing, yet blinded upon the false promises of their leaders. And once they know the truth, then I assure you that most, if not all, will leave them in droves; unwilling to become part of such vile malevolency."

"Gods, it's like he's talking to me through you." Sentry allowed herself to faintly smile once Dakarai was finished. Even so, she couldn't help but feel the sense of shame come back over her thoughts. She doubted it was what Dakarai wanted to do, but his words were very much those of Cadmus when he wanted to teach her or their companions something. She wondered if the other priests were like him. Were they also the kind to temper emotion and to promote peace and clarity? She hope it was so. It would mean the spirit of his people would be in good hands. "Thank you for your wisdom, wise one." She bowed her head as a sign of gratitude to the priest "You too, Devy." She turned and did the same for the jester, having come to him originally for advice and he did oblige.

Gawain's expression is immovable, but he does straighten his posture a bit once Syll explains his position. It would appear he had said the right things to the strange wizard, as he had began to outstretch his hand to the open air. His fingers made a slight pulling motion before spreading out, a cosmic rift of brilliant blue and purple nebulae and stars opening up to deposit a scroll in his waiting hand. "A copy of my theorem from my own archives." the skeletal mage began, passing the very old roll of parchment to Syll. "Feel free to keep it. I have many copies of it after all!"

"It is good that you are willing to accept knowledge from many sources, lad. Do try to keep a bit of a... filter on your perspective however. It is true that the scribbles of mad men can lead to proper arcane revelations, yet you have to separate the truth from the ravings at times." Gawain explains, though he had a feeling the half-elf already knew this. "As for peer review - absolutely. Should you need any assistance from critique to collaborations I would be happy to assist. I am on the journey for my own research purposes as well, after all. I frankly care little for the crown or political affairs, I am here to solve mysteries."

Last edited:
Gsera noticeably stilled at the mention of her mother and was rather quiet for a few moments. She didn't know what to say exactly, given that she never knew her apart from how her own father talked about her. Every time he did, she could feel pain in his voice as he still loved her. She gathered her thoughts carefully before speaking: "I... I never met my mother. She left shortly after I was born." she simply stated as she turned her gaze elsewhere, "Maybe here, on this journey, I'll find her and I'll ask her everything I've always wanted to ask her. Like... like..."

Like why did she leave? she uttered the question in her own mind. She stopped herself from talking any further and wiped a tear away before returning to her smile. "Anyway, thanks for the chat... and the flower." she then said before walking faster ahead to disengage herself from the topic. She noticed that Sentry had been talking to both Devy and the strange lizardman she had yet to properly acquaint herself with and walked up closer to her. "What was that about?" she asked curiously.

"I was having a bit of trouble about something personal." Sentry answered Serra a bit vaguely as to not worry her "But Devy and the wise lizard are kind enough to help me see the solution."

"Ah... that's good!" Gsera replied with a big grin, "If you have trouble still, then I can help in the future too! That's what friends are for, right?" she then said in a rather awkward manner. She hoped that the feeling of friendship was reciprocated, otherwise it would be very awkward for the two of them.

Syllannan was somewhat impressed in the sudden teleportation spell the Necromancer just made, he wasn't sure if it was meant to connect to the so said archives, or a pocket dimension of some sort, but whatever may be the case mattered little, as if he himself was to attempt a spell like that, it would certainly end in disaster. He then accepted the scroll and proceeded to keep it with his belongings. Harsh truth was that he was still not convinced on trusting Gawain completely, Brannoria isn't exactly the most progressive of nations so the elf couldn't help but to be raised in an enviroment where dark arts like necromancy were quite the taboo, even among his peers at the academy. Yet there was no point in rejecting more sources of knowledge, as new experiences out of his comfort zone were exactly what he was looking for.

"Our objectives seem to draw some parallels on this journey, let's hope we can help each other from now on"

"Thank you for the compliment, friend. But I would not see such flower made to tea, but rather into dye. Many of my kin craft pottery, plate, and clothes of varied colors. I think these petals would better serve the eyes than the tongue."

Korzhev nodded, raising one eyebrow. “Dye, I see, I see. A rather funny thought you’ve shared with me, sir, some of your kin making good use of colourful pitchers and place, and dressed in bright colors. I am relieved to find there is some sensibility underneath all of that muscle!”

He’d stopped mid-rant, as it finally occurred to him that he’d forgotten to make an introduction. “Ah, my…name! I am Korzhev! As you have already seen, I quite enjoy my brews! I am ever on the lookout for fresh herbs.”

Realizing that this was not such a strong look, he turned his outstretched arm into a flex, making a fist to demonstrate the definition of his thick arms. "As you can see," he said after clearing his throat, "I am very tough."

“Oh, I have not for a moment doubted you are any less than able bodied, my friend! But, as you’d know, strength does not measure in how many you put down in battle, but in accepting and learning from previous failings and prevailing, no matter the horrors you encounter, be them your worst fear or heinous crimes."

It appeared that most of the members of the leading team were immersed in conversation, something Cécilia noticed while looking over her shoulder. It felt like even her Fae familiar was also 'speaking' with Fauxs, as both Fairies looked at each other so intensely. She wondered what the two were thinking, since not a single sound emerged out of either Fae.

The leading team wasn't the only one in conversation though, as the rest of the company talked about the travels ahead and about their lives back home. Sentry could hear a certain dwarf boast about "conquering a mountain" although none of the people listening him believe his words. Ser Justin was still mumbling about the lack of potions on the companies supplies despite the fact there's enough to treat most of the ailments of the company for months. Angelica, who decided to join the grunts instead of staying with the main team, simply talked about her life as a soldier of fortune.

Deep in her thoughts, Cecilia was startled by Ser Alberto, who was riding his horse next to her cart. "Madame Delafousse?" "W-Wah! G-Gosh... Y-Yes, Ser Alberto?" asked the scholar while fixing her hair. "I must ask you about our duties as the 'Main Team'. I think I have a basic idea of our duties, but it'd be nice to have a better understanding of it." he asked, while looking at everyone in the main team behind him. Cécilia nodded in agreement. "Yes, of course, Ser knight... Your duties are to explore ahead of the main company. You're also in charge of the more thorough expeditions or explorations... Say, if we find an important archaeological site..." "Or Dungeon..." added the knight, with a smile. "...Yes, or Dungeon... I'll need you to head in there and explore it. Marking every landmark in this land is crucial for this map!" she said, while looking at her Faerie familiar.

"I also need to add... due to your experience, Ser Alberto... I think it'd be fitting for you to lead the team, unless you do not wish to do so." she said while petting the fae creature. While she was doing this, Alberto looked down for a moment, taking a deep breath before looking at her and then at Grunde who was near to the scholar. "I will lead, if that's what you require, but I'll request to have some... commanders. People in the party who can take control of the situation if I am not available." he said while staring at the party behind him. "I like the people we have here, lots of different skill sets and abilities... It is good, but I can tell who is green and who isn't, and there's quite a bit of green in here... Not a bad thing, but still."

"Who do you have in mind to be your commanders then?" asked the scholar while petting Grunde now. "Well... Syll is green, but has initiative. He could be an excellent man-at-arms in the future, but for now he needs some experience... Kastalli, I have no doubts the bard girl knows to use that spear of hers, but she is still just a young woman whose adventure just started... As much as I appreciate having young Callop and his Cú-Síth companion, the child is just too young to be in any leading position... Then we have that frog man, Korzhev. Nice man, that frog, but a bit too extravagant."

He then eyed the other members of the main party. "Devereaux. Strange man... His theatrics would just not do well for a leader. Although a battle bard is always a good addition, and hopefully he can help Kastalli in the future... Dakarai, the man definitely has experience and he keeps an open mind. I like that quite a lot... Our latest recruit, the Minotavur, Petro... I have no doubts that he can be a beast in combat, but something about his demeanor tells me that he needs more experience before he can lead... Zen, well... He is there. Sneaky sorts don't make for good leaders. Good spirit, though."

"Grunde..." he said while eyeing Grunde. "...I like you Grunde! But I think it's best if you help us with matters of magic rather than leading... Speaking of magic, Gawain... That undead sorcerer. I don't necessarily approve of necromancy, but he is definitely a man that knows his spells. That's an excellent trait... Gsera is still green, but she has the spirit like Syll. Something tells me she is not as grounded in reality as the young half-elf is. I think that might change eventually if she keeps hanging out with Sentry. That old woman sure is something." Cécilia noticed the old knight was biting his own beard while thinking, she tried to not chuckle about it. "...Sentry, Dakarai and Gawain. I want them to be the next ones in this chain of command if you don't mind, m'lady."

"Actually, I believe those are great choices, Ser Knight... When will you tell them about this?" she asked before focusing her attention back on the road. Ser Alberto remained silent for a moment, thinking to himself again. "I believe I'll tell them when we camp. The trip to Waterham is a short one, but there's still enough travel for a day or two. Besides, wouldn't want to interrupt their conversations!" Cécilia nodded. "I suppose you want them to know about these responsibilities after their rest, right? I think I understand Ser Knight." Alberto nodded, giving both the scholar and the slime a smile before trying to ride ahead of the cart. But Cécilia quickly stopped him. "Before you go, ser knight! Tell the main team that you'll be exploring ahead. But don't worry about separating too much though. I'll be following the main party for a while, help my familiar here with the mapping."

"I understand, m'lady." said the knight before looking at everyone behind. "Alright! Main team, it is time to explore ahead! Those without a mount, get on the cart being pulled by Paulin and Jean Claude... It's the carriage in the front!" Paulin and a warrior sitting next to him waved their arms at the party. Slowly, the members of the main team start getting off the various carts they were travelling in to board the one driven by Paulin and Jean Claude, with Ser Alberto and Dakarai ridding at the sides of the cart. Right behind them was the cart carrying Cécilia, Grunde and another fighter, the driver the cart. Ser Alberto then warned the rest of the company that the main team was going to scout ahead and left one of the veteran fighters in charge of the company until they returned. With that done, the party began moving at a quicker pace.

The long winding roads going through the Champs de Verdure were peaceful, and there was little sight of strange things and other oddities besides a few, very distant farm houses. Most definitely peasants that did not want to settle near hamlets to avoid paying taxes. A smart move, settling all the way out here in the northern countryside. From time to time, the party spotted a few peaceful creatures strutting about in the distance, such as herds of deer and wild horses. Kastalli even saw in a copse very far away a peaceful Glasera Tröll - or forest troll, sitting on top of a rock, resting comfortably.

A few more hours passed. Cécilia's little familiar had left several times, flying the skies above and sharing its findings with the scholar through magical telepathy. Cécilia then translated this knowledge into a finely crafted blank map, which she kept still above her legs with the use of magic. As the party approached what seemed to be an abandoned farm, they could see a group of men standing in the middle of the road. Ser Alberto knew immediately what it was. "Run, knaves! We ain't paying your toll!" he shouted, which these strangers found quite funny.

"Mais monsieur, nous n'avons même pas commencé à négocier!" shouted one of the men with a heavily rusting Eranoiran accent. "Looks like we are lucky, heh... There's a toll for foreigners! Us border folk don't like 'em weird types travellin' around Eranoire as they see fit." said another of the highwaymen. "Aye! 50 gold per foreigner... Lets see, you have quite a bit sir! An Elven mutt, a freak child, one o'em horned wenches from the Emerald Woods, heh... even a cute wench from Duku!" he shouted to another man, both sharing wolfish grins with one another as they stared at Cécilia. "You also have a walking frog, a bloody walking gator on top of a disgusting beast... a walking bird, a whore with cat ears dressed like one o'em women from the north... and bloody hell, what even is that green ooze thing... Not as disgusting as that damn skeleton right next to ya!"

The men began brandishing weapons, daggers and short swords made out of iron or steel. One of the men carried a francisca, an axe typically used by Eranoiran levy. "Heh... look, one of them bullmen... Hey lad, met one of yer kind before..." he said while tapping on a drinking horn hanging from his hip. Petro recognized some of the symbols engraved into the horn as the symbols used by his pagan brethren in some of the northern tribes. This was a real Minotavur horn. "Oi... there's that blonde there wearing almost nothin'... Heh, shameless whore!" said one of the men while pointing his sword at Sentry. "...And look at that clown and the twig of a boy next to him. Bet they are city dwellers, pft! I spit on you. You make this land weak!"

Ser Alberto was very close to pulling his sword on these cretins, but Cécilia wanted to calm things down. These men were disgusting and vile, but maybe they could be reasoned with. "There is no need to insult us any longer, sirs... we can just move on a-" "I didn't ask your bloody opinion, dark skin!" shouted back one of the bandits.

That was it for Alberto, who got off his steed with sword in hand. "I had it with you bastards! I'll cut every single one of you down!" he said while approaching one of the bandits in a defensive position. But the men just laughed in his face. "You want a fight, you old fart? Heh, I see it now... you one of 'em islanders! Hot headed bastards, the lotta o' ya!"

The bandit with a steel sword, then walked towards the old knight. "If you want to get killed so badly, I'll happily oblige!" he stated, before lunging towards Alberto. Sword ready to pierce through the weak spots on the knight's chestpiece. But Alberto showed his prowess by quickly blocking the attack, then hitting the man with a punch to the neck before stabbing him through the gut. This shocked the bandits, but mostly angered them. Their faces, once full of mocking smiles and bigoted eyes, were now full of anger. "That's it... we'll kill the lotta ya! Ya think yer the first group of adventuring freaks we killed?!"

One of the men whistled to the surrounding cornfields, and from there emerged more bandits. Way more than Alberto could have predicted. Most were armed with simple weaponry such as swords and axes made out of iron of steel. A few carried farming equipment like shovels, scythes and pitchforks, hinting that once these men might have had honest lives. But they were far gone now as their murderous stares looked at the company.

"Madre Gaia... what in Hel?" Everyone in the company could see at least forty men surrounding them. "Shit... Cécilia! Paulin! You two!" he said while pointing at the two drivers as well. "Run away and warn the others! Grunde and Callop, you run too and that's an order!" The bandits quickly try to close in on the group, and Paulin and the two fighters quickly run ahead. Cécilia, who was right behind Paulin, was about to be attacked by a bandit with a pitchfork, but Grundre stopped that from happening. Sadly, the slime and Callop, who couldn't run fast enough, were quickly surrounded and pushed back with the others. Cécilia noticed that Grunde was in danger and wanted to run back to help them. "Cécilia, go warn the others now! We are fighting a small company here!" shouted the old knight as the bandits closed in. With worry in her heart, Cécilia agreed. "I'll be back, Grunde! I'll be back for all of you!" she shouted before running away, chased by at least ten bandits that emerged from the corn farm surrounding the company.

Noticing that Callop and Grunde were still with them, Alberto hoped that the two youngest members of the company wouldn't be harmed by these bastards. "I hope you all are ready... because this will be rough!" he shouted while preparing himself for an attack. Then one of the leading bandits shouted: "KILL THEM ALL!"

• ERANOIRAN BANDIT BAND •
Attacks 4 times 4 different targets
HP: 42 - MATK: 2 - RATK: 2

Eranoiran Bandits.png

Gsera would have to ask later what the bandit meant by "horned wench" but she could assume that it was likely an insult... even though she did no harm to them. What did she do to deserve such hurtful language? She didn't know as she realized they would be fighting these folk and she meekly stepped back away from the front lines. She didn't like fighting and was not accustomed to it even if she knew such spells to defend herself. Yet it seemed as though talking would do nothing here as her mind raced on what to do exactly. If she wouldn't fight, then she could at least support her friends and so she decided on her next course of action: hindering the bandits.

She moved her hands to the ground and began to focus on summoning the roots beneath the dirt to rise up and entangle some of the enemy where they stood.

Zen

As the main group separated themself by going ahead, Zen made himself comfortable on top of one of the carriage. Enjoying the wind while occasionally playing some music by blowing a leaf. He wasn't that good at it and by most people standard it sounded like fart so he only kept this to himself. His peaceful solitude soon was interupted by the bandits though.

He wasn't bothered much by the bandit's insults but he totally understand Ser Alberto's action. So when the first blood was drawn and the bandits charged at them Zen immediately unsheathe his short sword. His eyes glanced at Gsera who kneeled to touch the ground and he could spot several roots twitching and emerging below some of the bandits. Druid magic?

Using the opportunity provided, Zen threw several throwing stars at the bandits with roots beneath them. His main target would be their neck and eyes. They're outnumbered so he wanted to kill or cripple as many and as fast as possible.

Sentry raised an eyebrow at the comments made by the bandit. More of the 'civilized' folks she's heard so much about. She wanted to smack the man, but she knew better than to be the first one to swing away while someone else was in charge. Alberto however had enough of them and their prattle and put one of them in his place. The other bandits emerging and attacking like wolves on a stag wasn't fair, so she would help even the odds.

"Come here, malaka!" She shouted at the one that insulted her as the stone skin formed and her sword swung in his direction.

It would seem Kastalli struck a chord when she asked about Sera's mother. Given the time it took for her to respond, she could only assume the worst. She lowered her head slightly as she listened, learning that Sera's mother was completely out of the picture. From what she understood, many of the adventurers that made up this party had joined the expedition for their own personal reasons rather than just the reward. She herself was looking for an outlet to completely move on from her late husband and start a new life rather than dwell on the past. "Sera, I…" Before she could offer her condolences, the Tuatha quickly excused herself from the conversation. That was alright though. She hoped with time that the woman would open up about her grievances, if not to her then to someone else. After all, it wasn't particularly healthy to shoulder pain alone. She of all people would know.

Kastalli walked alone for a bit, simply appreciating the scenery and the soft buzzing of other conversations being had. Her ears perked up though as Ser Alberto called out to the group, instructing those without a mount to climb on to the main caravan. Without question, she caught up and hopped on to the back with the others, waiting patiently for further instructions. The cart picked up the pace, pulling away from the rest of the company with the intentions to scout ahead. Kastalli continued to observe the scenery, the lush green and how it heavily contrasted to the terrain of her own homeland. With her keen eyesight, she even caught a glimpse of a Glasera Tröll far away. Her tail swayed slightly with great interest, wondering what other creatures and unique sightings she would experience on her travels. This was just the beginning after all.

As a few hours passed, Kastalli could feel her eyelids getting heavy. In combination with the pleasant weather and the cart's steady movement, she was practically being rocked to sleep. However, any form of fatigue immediately vanished as Ser Alberto shouted something about a toll. She sat up straight to see what the fuss was about and it appeared a group of men were blocking the main road. Fifty gold per foreigner? Well, that wasn't fair at all, their group was made up of just that! Wait, did that man just call her a whore? How incredibly rude! They went on with their insults until Set Alberto had enough of their bark and decided to bite back by stabbing one man in the gut. She blinked at the realization of what was happening but before she could properly react, more men poured in from the fields to surround them.

Kastalli could hear Ser Alberto shouting orders but in the heat of the moment, almost all of it went through one ear and out the other. The only word that stuck out was 'Callop'. That's right, she was tasked with the responsibility to ensure the child's safety. She looked around almost frantically in search of the child, quickly finding him and Grunde being backed up by surrounding bandits. Without a second thought, she hopped off the caravan rushing to the two with her spear in hand. Stepping in front of them, her tail puffed up and her ears pulled back as she hissed at the nearby bandits to intimidate them. "Stay close to me, Callop. I will protect you. You too, Grunde." Even in the midst of battle, her voice was still calm yet her hands shook slightly while holding out her spear.

Last edited:
As much as Grunde enjoyed playing around the grass, it was a part of an expedition and they have a job to do. After being called over, the slime went back to the main road and joined the others inside the cart. As the distance between them and the rest of the company starts increasing, various animals started to appear. The slime peeked out the cart and gave each one it can see a small wave, hoping they'd notice it and come over. But alas, the wild horses continued on grazing and deer kept on frolicking, much to Grunde's displeasure. Giving up, Grunde idly sat inside the cart and waited till they reached their destination.

It looked like Grunde didn't need to wait long as their journey was cut short by a group of bandits blocking their path. The slime can already feel the upcoming fight that's about to happen. Its yellow eyes looked at the many weapons the bandits were armed with, leaving a bad taste in its mouth as they reminded Grunde of the mobs that used to chase or hunt it down in the past. Though, now is not the time to think about that as Ser Alberto commanded them to run as the situation escalated and run they did. Unfortunately, the slime didn't get too far and it got surrounded along with Callop as it intercepted a blow that was meant for Cécilia with its own body. Immediately retreating back to the others, Grunde winced and gave Kastalli a grateful nod, thankful for her help as it removed the pitchfork that's still penetrating its body. This was not the first time that the slime has been stabbed and while it hurts less because of its composition, it doesn't mean that Grunde was invincible. Grunde then put its hands on the ground and asked the earth for help. The slime didn't like the idea of hurting someone, let alone killing them, but the bandits are now closing in and Grunde was just desperate enough. The slime looked away as the ground underneath the bandits started shaking, then spikes suddenly formed as it impaled those who are unfortunate enough to be in its vicinity. Grunde hated every second of it.

Last edited:
"Gods, it's like he's talking to me through you." Sentry allowed herself to faintly smile once Dakarai was finished. Even so, she couldn't help but feel the sense of shame come back over her thoughts. She doubted it was what Dakarai wanted to do, but his words were very much those of Cadmus when he wanted to teach her or their companions something. She wondered if the other priests were like him. Were they also the kind to temper emotion and to promote peace and clarity? She hope it was so. It would mean the spirit of his people would be in good hands. "Thank you for your wisdom, wise one." She bowed her head as a sign of gratitude to the priest "You too, Devy." She turned and did the same for the jester, having come to him originally for advice and he did oblige.

The Sobekan bowed his head in respect, before Sentry moved on to another conversation with Gsera. He knew not of who this "Cadmus" person was, however he too seemed to have had plenty of experience in war. It was enough for Dakarai to fully understand the concepts of battle and the honorable sacred code of all true warriors; being further expanded and deconstructed more in depth through his retirement and rapid introduction to faith. To him, Sentry had the qualities of a powerful warrior and no doubt could she utilize her physical strengths well. Yet he believed it would do her well to expand her knowledge through wisdom and mental stimulation by herself. She was getting there; she just needed further experience.

Dakarai frowned upon seeing the bandits surrounding their caravan. Already Saadah had been growing restless upon the introduction of the first outlaws, kicking up dirt and issuing guttural groans of discomfort. Now that more had popped out of the surrounding crop fields had made this all the more dangerous. Yet the proud Sobekan didn't budge or show signs of fear. All he expressed was mild disappointment; disappointment that those amateurs had dared face against them all for just a few drops of gold. These menials would not gain a piece from Dakarai nor dare to halt him from his holy duties. Swiftly he grasped a long wooden staff from his back and wielded it with his free hand while still holding the reins connected to Saadah.

"For the fervor of Her Grace!" his voice bellowed as he snapped the leather straps with a crack.

Saadah roared as she reared her entire front body before charging mercilessly upon a separate group; her massive horn acting as a lance to spear and gore any who dare get in their way.

Stats: | HP: 12 | Mag Attk: 4 | Mle Attk: 2 |

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back