• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

Not even having to think twice, Syll took 37 deniers out of the pouch the payment laid in and handed them to the clerk, getting his supplies and one branch of Leppa, He then proceeded to pluck out one of the berries and threw it into his mouth. In an instant his face scrunched up... Badly, it looked like he was straight up in pain, a tear fell down his right cheek as he slowly chewed on the fruit even, the intense sweetness and even far more intense sourness was overwhelming. After 20 seconds or so he finally swallowed, followed by a small gasp.

"O-oh yeah...t-this is the real stuff... I haven't had one of these in almost a year, a long, long year"

Syll then looked at Korzhev, it was clear that the vodyanoy fellow didn't know about the fruit, yet was still interested, and for what he said before it seems he's also a brewery, oh how have the stars aligned for this moment!

"Umm, excuse me, Korzhev, was it? I can offer you a deal, if you don't mind" he then took out his money pouch. "I am willing to pay for all the Leppa berries this good lass is selling and split it in half between the two of us, but in exchange I would like your help to brew a drink out of this fruit, a one-of-a-kind family recipe that you won't regret!"

Korzhev struggled quite a bit before he managed to place the coin on the counter, but once that was over it, he cheered. Then he took to bemusedly staring at the elf as he tasted one of the berries.

“Strong, are they? We shall see if they live up to their reputation, once brewed.”

"I am willing to pay for all the Leppa berries this good lass is selling and split it in half between the two of us, but in exchange I would like your help to brew a drink out of this fruit, a one-of-a-kind family recipe that you won't regret!"

His brows shot up at the offer, the smile he had faded for a second. “Indeed, a tempting offer, mister Syll. Quite generous of you. I believe I shall take you up on your offer, given we do find the means to brew your drink before our departure. Ah, another thing, do be mindful who you plan on sharing this knowledge with. Thank you once again for the good will!” he smiled and after a short pause, he spoke once again,

“Well, I believe a good meal and a drink to wash it down is in order. Do join me once you’re done over there,” he cocked his head towards the counter and the lady behind it, “only if you are willing to, of course.”

"We have a deal then, excellent! Miss, I would like to buy the rest of your Leppa stock"

Syllannan smiled as he grabbed 80 deniers from his pouch, most people wouldn't spend such an amount over a simple "indulging" unless they were nobility, but to him money was not something to hoard, it was simply a means to an end as his journey was just starting, no need to save for land for a long while, so as long as enough was kept for sustenance, any extra amount was to be spent in whatever he felt like at the moment. He then gave Korzhev his equal part, having to snap one of the branches in half to do so.

Well, I believe a good meal and a drink to wash it down is in order.

"Well I agree with the sentiment, I suggest we head to The Happy Goblin, they serve some great lamb chops, and their drinks are not half bad either"

"Well I agree with the sentiment, I suggest we head to The Happy Goblin, they serve some great lamb chops, and their drinks are not half bad either"

“Why then, as per my gratitude, I would be glad if you let me treat you just this once! I believe that now, surely I can afford it!” Korzhev had quite a hefty sum left of money, enough to buy herbs for the next two years, and even then he would still have some left over to trade for alcohol.

“Let us enjoy ourselves now, for we might not come across such an occasion in the future. Onwards, lad!"

With his shopping done, Syll headed to the Happy Goblin for a nice meal while also giving Korzhev directions. In the eight or so days he's been in Eran, he's dined at that place twice, and the food was quite great, definitely a place he would visit again whenever he stumbles upon the city in the future.

Once at the stablishment, Syll quickly recognized some of the newly acquaintanced faces at a nearby table, and decided it was another good chance to get to know them better.

"Hello there again, I believe I didn't properly introduce myself to some of you yet, I'm Syllannan" said as he grabbed a nearby stool and sat down

"I am trying to encounter the creature again, as it was like nothing I had ever seen, like nothing ever recorded! It is going to fundamentally change magic as we know it if I can study it, I know it."

There was a rather long moment of silence as the flying skull of Edgar stared at Gawain. "Heh... heh... hahah... HAHA!" The tenebrous cackling of the fiend echoed through the silent halls of the library. "Of course you'd be such a fool to mess with the Ethereal! You are delving into forbidden territory, Gawain.... but alas, I know no sensible warning is going to dissuade that thick skull of yours. Since you have always delved into matters that only a Magi would delve in. 'tis why your name hasn't vanished from the annals of history..."

Gawain felt the cold aura of Edgar's skull growing in intensity as the ancient Lich approached him. "...Tell you what, Gawain... Since we've known each other for a while, I am giving you a bit of advice... I believe the best people to ask about this... creature you've witnessed would be Magi. Ever since their Kingdom vanished, their few descendants still roam the land... and many still carry ancient knowledge." Slowly, Edgar backed away from the undead sorcerer. "Now... tell me, why are you here instead of some old forgotten tower, waiting for some poor adventurer to annoy with your feeble magics?"

Angelica looked around the tavern, studying the patrons and their prowess. She was quick to conclude that while these people would be overall useful for the caravan, they certainly needed more experience. Zen, who had just appeared behind them rather suddenly, gave his opinion on the matter before taking a seat next to Angelica. While Devy prepared his instrument behind his companions back, Angelica and Zen asked for drinks and a meal, and the nearest barmaid approached them casually with a bright smile on her face. It was a young lady with raven-black hair and sharp green eyes wearing colorful peasant's clothing. "Bonjour, mes amies! Welcome to my mother's tavern! Now, what can I get you?"

"Get me uh... spiced beer and some roasted beef. And whatever my good buddy here wants. The good stuff, too. None of that peeled off the back alley steps kind of slop, either."

"Barmaid, give me the sweetest liquor here."

Zen and Angelica had a few things in mind, while Devereaux politely declined Angelica's kind invitation for a drink. The barmaid nodded as she memorized their order, before shouting back to the counter in rustic Eranoiran. Behind the counter was another woman, who quickly began working on both of their orders. It wasn't long before they received their orders, with the barmaid with raven-black hair setting them down on the bar before them. A delicious looking steak that was still steaming hot, red in inside but properly cooked, resting on top of the pewter plate with a few spices scattered throughout the beef giving it a delicious flavor. Next to that beef was a tankard filled to the brim with spiced ale. Taking just a little taste filled the Hamalan woman with joy.

The barmaid had asked the woman behind the counter to bring their sweetest drink. There were several candidates for that, but decided to bring a rather unique drink. "Ever heard about the new lands?" asked the barmaid as she placed a small pewter cup in front of Zen. She was holding a bottle with a light brown, thick, creamy-like substance in the inside. "The trading republics established a few colonies there, and the colonists there... I think they are called the Silverianos? Created a rather unique flavor of liquor... this is Dulce de Leche Liquor!" The barmaid gave the Tengu a smile, but she quickly clarified. "I've got plenty of bottles, so don't worry about some exuberant price... This is only 50 deniers! A reasonable price for such drink, eh?" Zen cautiously took a sip of the drink and felt the smooth substance go down his beak and down his throat. It was strong, like any good liquor, but it's sweetness and delicious flavor was undeniable.

Suddenly, Angelica and Zen turned about to look at Devereaux, who was standing in the center of the tavern. Using his charm and animated moves, he hoped to captivate the attention, curiosity, and interest of these ragtag band of adventurers and mercenaries. He tried to appeal to these folks sense of adventure, and by the looks of it, he had gathered the attention of everyone in the tavern.

"SO! What say you, friends? Do you simply seek glory? Money? Fame? A chance to have your name printed in the history books? Legends spun of your fantastic journey and escapades across the world? You have that chance! Right here and now! Join us, on this grand expedition! If you wish to sign up, feel free to head on over and talk to my beautiful friend over here, Angelica! She'll let you know how you can sign up!~"

(1d20 + 2 = 17) But not only that, he had gathered the interest of most of the adventurers here. Money in exchange for an adventure of a lifetime? It was the dream of any aspiring adventurer, but the promise of monetary compensation attracted the attention of the hardened mercenaries in the tavern as well. Everyone in the tavern stood, raising flasks and cheering at the idea of an adventure like this. Thanks to Devy, there would be a boost of numbers in The Caravan.

Devy then directed everyone to Angelica, who proposed the idea in the first place. Normally, in mission like this, mercenaries like Angelica would be prefer to have less members to get a bigger reward. That way, nobody would have to split their silver and gold among others - but after hearing the Emperor and that scholar woman, it was rather clear that this quest would reward everyone in it equally. A substantial amount that would allow her to pursue her dreams of possessing a small barony. So she does not have to worry about splitting the silver with others, although she later wondered about the other loot that they might find on their travels.

But that question could wait for now, because Angelica and Zen soon found themselves surrounded by rowdy men and women. "Bonjour, mon ami! Heh, ain't ya a cute." said a tall and muscular lady fighter. "How do we join your mission?" asked another adventurer. Based off his simple clothing and shamanistic amulets and jewelry, a "barbarian" from the southern Cortarion mountains. But among these adventurers, one stood out the most. Due to Devereaux speech, he gathered the attention of a Hedge Knight. A rather interesting looking one. "...Excuse me, my lady. I am looking for honest work, and I was hoping you could take me in your adventure."

Along with the Hedge Knight, 10 Fighters, 5 Rouges and 2 Barbarians join Angelica, Devy and Zen's quest.

While Angelica was surrounded by hardened men and women, Devy began to play his instrument to show his skills to the patrons, their new companions and his new friends. (1d10 + 2 = 5) And for the most part, he was successful. Everyone enjoyed his tune and a few even clapped along after understanding the songs beat. Some where even kind enough to throw a few silvers his way, adding 4 denairs to his personal pile. Not a lot, but this wasn't exactly a rich man's tavern!

In the Happy Goblin, the party gathered to have a meal. Don Alberto was already banging his fist on the counter with a wide smile on his wizened face, asking for this free meal. The woman behind the counter just gave the knight a glare until Cécilia approached her. "Ouh? Mademoiselle Delafousse! It's been a while since your last visit. I told Jean to throw the old sign away like you suggested... A-Also, how did your meeting with our majesty go?" asked the commoner lady behind the counter, ignoring Ser Alberto and Kastalli who just arrived at the counter. "Ah~ Mon ami Channel, tell your husband the good news! Me and these fine people are leaving tomorrow!" The commoner lady clapped her hands and gave the scholar a bright smile. "Oh, my friend, I am so happy for you! then... I assume you came here to feast, yes?"

Cécilia nodded, putting her pouch of silver on top of the counter. "Indeed, mon ami, I want to buy as much food and drink for my friends for the adventure ahead!" The peasant woman's eyes lit up when Cécilia said this, but she simply nodded and turned around, shouting at her husband and at the rest of the staff in the eatery to gather some tables for everyone. Sentry and Gsera looked at each other for a second as the employees began grouping the tables. "Come, my friends!" shouted Cécilia. "Sit down! Relax, drink and eat away!" Soon the party began taking their spots on the table, and made orders of food and drink.

"Barbelly, she's new at this, so give her something that wont knock her down. Preferably the sweeter blend. Wine for me. Your top shelf stuff."

Gsera and Sentry were the first ones to receive their order. Two wooden tankards filled to the brim with wine and mead, and these were of good quality. The mead had a sweet smell to it, and just by smelling the wine, Sentry was able to tell it was an 'exquisite' brand of wine.

As the others made their orders, Callop's eyes opened wide as he watched two men bringing a large plate of venison accompanied with a delightful amount of salads made with diverse vegetables. Don Alberto's eyes were also wide open as he comically bit into his beard. "Ciervo aumado... que delicia!" he said while grabbing a slice of venison with some salad. The young half-Tuatha took a seat near this large plate of food, his mouth watering a bit as the workers brought more plates to the table. Stews and other regional dishes, plentiful bottles of cider, ale and wine were placed on the center of the tables for everyone to grab. To Kastalli's pleasant surprise, the woman behind the counter brought a plate with fish! It smelled like delicious salmon. Even Fauxs decided to join the table, jumping on the chair in between Callop and Kastalli.

"Por el amor de Gaia, miss Cécilia, this is too kind of you!" exclaimed Alberto as he watched more plates being brought to the table. "As head of the Cartographers Guild, I had a stable source of income for years. 250 deniers is quite a lot, but nothing compared to the maps and replicas I had being selling to merchants and sailors throughout the years... Besides! I want everyone to enjoy themselves today, for a long march awaits all of us!" Before she sat down though, she grabbed her jar and looked into it. "Hey friend, it's safe to come out... I have a few potions of mana for you to eat~" she said, while resting the jar on the chair next to her.

"One cacasse à cul nu with a side of Enthrusian Mint Tea please."

Dakarai also made his order, but the woman behind the counter shook her head. "Enthrusian...? Ain't that... the place with funny pyramids? Sorry uhm... sir? Uhm, we don't have such tea, but I can bring you some other drink if you so desire!" As she said that, another clerk of the eatery brought a plate of cacasse à cul. Dakarai's nostrils fill with the smell of delicious spices and cooked chicken. Some of these spices he could even recognize by smelling them. Just as the feast started, Syll and Korzhev enter the eatery, both with new alchemical ingredients in their pouches and ready to have a good meal. Syll sat down next to Kastalli while Korzhev sat in front of Dakarai and next to the jar containing Grunde.

Cécilia noticed that the two had just arrived and greeted each with a smile. "Welcome! You arrived just in time... now! Everyone! I raise my cup for you... and for our future! Let us feast!" she said before taking a sip of her wine. The company and caravan began downing their drinks and eating their plates filled with abundant food. "Ah! This is bringing back a lot of memories!" said Alberto after taking a sip of his foamy beer, foam still dripping down his beard and mustache.

As the party ate and celebrated, a man that had entered the eatery looked around the room for a while. As if he was looking for someone. He eventually gazed upon both Sentry and Gsera, but it was hard to tell which of the two he was staring at. The man didn't say anything, simply gawking before leaving the tavern in a hurry.

Gawain tapped his skeletal chin with his bare knuckle, nodding along quietly as Edgar both belittled him and offered him advice. "Perhaps it is forbidden, but much of the unknown seems to be. I am no force of anarchy, Edgar. I would not throw myself at this mystery if I knew no good could come of it." the mage defended, so resolute in his stance that no amount of bullying would dissuade him. Though despite the thinly-veiled insults thrown between the two studious casters, there was a clear but unspoken mutual respect there.

"Hm, the Magi yes... The structure was exceedingly ancient, no doubt it was of their making. I appreciate the tip, truly." he says with a slight bow. "And to answer your question: yes I had been doing that for a few months after being revived. Though you know my spells to be far from feeble. Hm, though the ones I use as deterrents are purposefully weak. Murder the curious passerby and suddenly you have armies mobilizing on your personal library, yes..." Gawain rambled a bit. "I am here now to find answers, as well as join an expedition funded by the crown. I am to be seeking out this being and the way into its realm far and wide, so there is no better way to do it than with the security and resources of the king."

Gsera sniffed the mead she had been given as if to inspect its odorous qualities. It gave off the sweet scent of honey as was promised yet there was something that she was unfamiliar with that caught her interest. Unbeknownst to her, this was all fermented as she vigorously chugged the whole thing down before grimacing and twitching from the strength of the alcohol she had just ingested. It felt as though it was burning in her throat before settling as warmth into the rest of her body, which was an odd experience in of itself but she also felt... different. She couldn't quite put her finger on it but she did feel more relaxed and happy as a result.

"Haha! Yes! This drink is revolting! I hate it!" she announced with a laugh before shoving her mug to the bartender, "More please!" As her refill was delivered, she was too elated to even notice the strange person that had looked to both her and Sentry as she greedily watched the mead being poured up to the brim. She chugged the whole thing yet again, fast enough to cause her to cough for a bit before recovering. "This... is amazing!" she said to Sentry with a grin, "It's revolting yet delicious! How can such a drink be so contradictory?"

"Hm, the Magi yes... The structure was exceedingly ancient, no doubt it was of their making. I appreciate the tip, truly."

The skull of Edgar "made" a huffing sound as it backed away a bit more from Gawain. "Hmph... so you are capable of listening as long as it helps you? Ah well, I can't complain much about that behavior when I do the same thing."

"And to answer your question: yes I had been doing that for a few months after being revived. Though you know my spells to be far from feeble. Hm, though the ones I use as deterrents are purposefully weak. Murder the curious passerby and suddenly you have armies mobilizing on your personal library, yes..."

"Hehehe..." The dry laughter of the skull was rather irritating to the ear. "You know what Gawain, as much as I despise your research methods, I have always thought you were a clever bugger outside of magical subjects." Edgar then moved a book with its telekinetic powers, which it then rested on the nearest table. "If I were on your position though, I would have simply casted an invisibility spell on the structure itself... but then again, I don't expect your body could withstand such continuous usage of mana."

"I am here now to find answers, as well as join an expedition funded by the crown. I am to be seeking out this being and the way into its realm far and wide, so there is no better way to do it than with the security and resources of the king."

Edgar went quiet for a moment after Gawain finished his explanation. "The Expedition...? Yes... I remember that, led by the third-generation cartographer lady? Does she still carry that amulet...?" There was something ominous about the question, something Gawain was not able to understand. Third generation? Amulet? If Edgar of all people asked about this, it must be related to something magical. "Ah, not that you would know - say, since you'll be going into such perilous travel, I want to... give you something more than just some advice." Gawain saw one of the gems encrusted into Edgar's skull floating towards him. "Use this ruby to communicate with me. After all, I want to keep hearing your annoying little voice, it brings forth good memories of better times."

Grunde relaxed and its mind slowly calmed down as it left behind the world once again. Overbearing crowds with their numerous prying eyes have no place inside the jar. Contrary to what some people might believe, the jar protects the slime from them instead of the other way around. Grunde soon fell into a slumber-like state, safely tucked behind Cécilia‘s bag as the others carried out their own chores.

A spell aimed directly at Grunde stirred the slime awake. Somehow, Grunde felt worse after its nap. Though, noting that they're now inside a tavern helped ease the slime's mind. The tavern might be one of Grunde's favourite place, weirdly enough. While there are still an influx of people, maybe even more so than the marketplace, everyone minded their own business. There will still be an occasional glance here and there, but it's certainly better than the outright gawking the slime has to endure when outside. And for how loud the place is, with each table uncaring if their laughter reached the other side of the city, there's a relaxed atmosphere free of tension. Prejudice is left outside the door as the slime observed different races sharing a story over a mug of ale instead of condescending glances. Speaking of mead and meals, It's been a while since Grunde last fed. The slime has been only feeding on the excess of its surroundings, and while it’s surrounded by capable magic casters, it can only do so much for Grunde. The slime, being a voracious feeder, needs something more robust and in great quantities to be satisfied. The magic cast on it beforehand only made it worse. Now that Grunde had a taste, its hunger only grew deeper and soon after, the slime’s eyes can be seen darting around inside the jar as it looked for something to sustain itself.

Luckily enough, the slime can feel the jar being lowered down on a chair and the cap of the jar being loosened. Then, appeared Cécilia’s face peering over Grunde. The promise of mana made the slime’s body quite literally bubble with excitement. But as cautious as ever, Grunde refrained from jumping out of the jar instantly and instead peeked through the opening with its head. Deeming it safe, Grunde dragged its entire body out the jar as it can barely reach the table above it. After a little struggle and stretching, the slime was able to reach the mana potion on the table before consuming it, growing in size with each gulp until it almost tripled in mass. A satisfied sigh can be heard from the slime and its mood is greatly increased as it settled down while listening to the idle conversation on the table.

Last edited:
One swing was enough to half her cup of wine. This was indeed their top of the line stuff. Although it did taste too fruity for her taste, she wouldn't complain. It's been too long since she tasted well made wine and not some backwater moonshine. Sentry place the cup down to savor the taste when she noticed that Sera was already on her second cup.

"The secrets of brewing are mysterious as those of magic." The barbarian told her with a laugh. "Now, the other part you should know. Pace yourself. Drink too much, too fast and you're going to end up on your butt with your head spinning." She looked up from her new drinking buddy to see that they're joined by others. "Welcome my friends, join us with a drink."

Syll's stomach rumbled at the sight of the feast being served, quite the main dish and a nice selection of side dishes to pick. He sliced off a large chunk of one of the venison's legs, the flavor was quite strong and slightly gamey, but he kinda liked that, the smoked flavor was nice, probably oak by the taste. He also served himself some radish cucumber salad, the freshness of the recently sliced vegetables was complimented nicely by the sour flavor of vinegar. Lastly he served himself some light apple cider, the fruity taste was quite smooth, and he wasn't exactly one to drink for the sake of intoxication, and either way they had to wake up early so getting a hangover wasn't a good idea.

He gave a glance to those sharing the table with him, he definitely still had some doubts, but they all generally seemed like decent folk, not a bad bunch to hang around with. A sigh of relief left his mouth, he was very close to give up on his dream and return home, but that would have to be postponed for a while now.

Last edited:
Gsera didn't pay heed to Sentry's advice as she found herself with a third full cup of mead and began to drink it quickly but only got halfway before coughing again. She let out a drunk giggle as she began to feel the full force of alcohol hit her body before waving to the others. "Yesh! Drink! It ish very good!" she said aloud, slurring a bit of her words before she chugged the rest of her drink. She then turned her attention to the others who joined them and giggled: "Why travel the world when I shee all these strangers around me! The whole world is here!" she said with a grin before ordering a fourth drink.

She watched with intent as the cup was filled once more by the barkeep before grabbing hold of it. She was about to consume the honeyed gold once more before an idea popped in her head. Quickly walking over to Syll and placing one arm around his shoulders, she lifted her cup near his face and grinned. "Drink with me!" she demanded in a mischievous and playful manner, "Ish very tasty!"

The hobalfar was happily eating away at his meal when a sudden hand on his shoulder startled him, next thing a cup full of mead was in front of his face and the Tuatha girl, her name along the lines of Seria...or Zora, encouraging him to join her at drinking in slurred speech. He grabbed his small cup of apple cider and pointed at it.

"Umm, thank you for the invitation, but I'm already having a beverage myself, some of the other folks here surely will join you gladly though"

It wasn't his first time seeing a person's first alcohol trip, it was common place at his family's Inn, problem is they tend to be the most unpredictable of drunks.

Sitting with the rest of the party, Kastalli couldn't help but feel overjoyed. How long has it been since she participated in such a lively event? Even before she left her homeland, hearty feasts only consisted of her and her parents. While she didn't know any of these adventurers very well, she found herself incredibly happy to be among them. In addition to that, one of the barmaids presented her with a plate of salmon. It was most likely the ears and the tail that gave it away but any fish related dish was her absolute favorite! Of course, she wasn't that picky - she didn't mind venison or chicken, or any other meat really, but fish topped them all.

Without hesitation or concern for table manners, Kastalli dug into the salmon hungrily. She didn't realize just how hungry she was until the aroma of the perfectly smoked salmon filled the room. Purring happily, her tail swayed left to right as she continued to eat. "Here you go, Fauxs." Offering Callop's companion a piece of the salmon, she gently ran a hand over his head. Naturally she would have gone back to enjoying her own share of the fish but her attention was pulled by Gsera. The woman appeared already drunk, holding out a cup and insisting Syll to drink with her. It was nice to see everyone getting comfortable with each other already but it was quite the surprise to hear Syll declining the invitation. "I take that you do not like to drink, Syll?" Kastalli tilted her head in a questioning manner as her tail brushed up against the side of his arm.

Gsera was taken aback by Syll's sudden rebuke and her demeaner quickly shifted as her face soured and stared directly at the hobalfar from his peripheral vision. She simply raised her mug and took a few gulps of mead before speaking: "Oho, itsh not often shomeone rebukes a girl's offer to drink." she stated in a flat and darker tone before noticing Kastalli join in on speaking to Syll. "Or perhapsh he can be pershuaded to have a little bit of fun, right?" Gsera spoke, giving off a smug aura and grin as she did so.

Angelica listened to the sometimes embellished, sometimes muttered, and sometimes slurred tales of the adventurers flocking around them. She hadn't ever been one to play the quill man and paymaster signing up mercenaries - usually she was the one sat glowering beside them to make sure no rowdy recruits tried anything. And while this wasn't quite the same, it had the same smell to it, so she fixed a scowl on her lips and listened with an expression of neutral disinterest to discourage the weak bloods from trying to fluff up their stories to sound better than they were. Still, it wasn't like it was her place to deny anyone - she wasn't footing the bill - but it seemed prudent to do a little weeding of her own. For the most part, that was unneeded. It was a fair crowd. And they would make for some fair troops, or as fair as necessary given the nature of the expedition. One of the lads had a chin fit to cut stone from a mountain, and she wondered how he managed to fit it beneath his helmet.

"Devy sure can reel them in, eh?" she said, turning to glance over at Zen. She took generous bites from her roasted beef and chewed loudly with her mouth open, crushing the meat without mercy, and watering it down with big gulps from her spiced ale. Her eyes twinkled with dampness when the alcohol, enhanced with spice, hit her throat wrong and made her want to cough - but she'd sooner be dead before she made a peep downing a drink. You learned that pretty quick in the camp. "Say, since you can fly and all. You ever shoot anyone from the air? Or maybe swoop down and lance 'em? Seems a damn good position to be in, all the way up there."

Syll's attention was diverted at the feeling of Kastalli's tail brushing against his arm, followed up by her words.

"I take that you do not like to drink, Syll?"

"Oh no, that isn't the case, it's just I preffer lighter drinks, very rarely do I drink for the sake of getting drunk, not exactly fond of traveling with a headache" Syll giggled slightly at his own comment.

He then looked back at Zyra again, she didn't seem too pleased at his response.

"Oho, itsh not often shomeone rebukes a girl's offer to drink."
"Or perhapsh he can be pershuaded to have a little bit of fun, right?"

Oh great, she's the funny kind, and a alcohol-makes-me-stubborn-as-a-mule kind as well, but he wasn't going to drown in mead just because someone tells him to.

"I think you need to sit down and have a bit of cold water, you may regret having any more mead"

Devy grinned beneath his mask at the number of tavern patrons whom moved over to speak to Angelica. Reeling them in was easy. Play things up, make it sound exciting. Appeal to their emotions and interests. Be it coin, a shot at glory, romance...even food. He was good at playing to the emotions and heart. He had done it most of his life, on stage and off.

The coinage he had gained through his lute playing was small, but he didn't care. He loved to play, and loved having people to listen to him play. The money was just icing on the cake, regardless of the amount. He took a deep bow, gathering up the money before heading over to where his friends were. "Well, my friends, I'm going to take a peek in next door. See how the others are doing. Think I saw them head in there before we strolled in here!" he said, picking up his things. "If I don't see you again tonight, then I shall see you in the morning!" He then gave them a playful wave, before strolling out of the taven.

He looped around the front of the buildings, slipping right into the Happy Goblin and looking about. And it took no time at all before he spotted the group. "Ah, there you all are! Having quite the feast! And with fine drinks as well!~" he said, strolling over and looking amongst them all. His attention quickly shifted to the scholar, before giving her a deep bow. "I'm sure you'll be happy to know that we've managed to recruit even more individuals for our expedition next door! Some fighters, archers, rogues, mages, I think a barbarian...Oh! And a proud Hedge Knight!"

"Oh no, that isn't the case, it's just I preffer lighter drinks, very rarely do I drink for the sake of getting drunk, not exactly fond of traveling with a headache"
Kastalli nodded in understanding, she had only gotten drunk a few times in her life and each time ended with a terrible hangover. Of course, her late husband had told her she was a lightweight so it couldn't be avoided. Since then, she had given up any form of alcohol entirely. "That is a fair reason. I would not want to travel with a headache either."
"Or perhapsh he can be pershuaded to have a little bit of fun, right?"
Unfortunately for Syll, that wasn't a good enough reason to Gsera. Well, given her drunken state, it wasn't a surprise that she was a bit more stubborn. "I have not had a drink since my late husband passed. I am afraid I will be of no help persuading Syllannan to drink." It only made sense, if she wouldn't drink why should she convince someone else to drink?

"Hmph, you both are almost as devoid of fun as my own father." Gsera retorted before walking off back to Sentry to enjoy better company. As she sat back down next to the large lady she finished her mug before spotting the jester returning with his news. She grinned and waved her mug to him: "Yesh! More people to *hic* drink with!" she said aloud, "Shelebrate over here! More drinksh here!"

It was hard not to notice Devereaux approach, even if he came quietly, there was something unnatural about him, almost as if he was made to be the center of attention. Perhaps some sort of magic of charming nature?

"I have not had a drink since my late husband passed. I am afraid I will be of no help persuading Syllannan to drink."

"O-oh, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I'm sure he must be in peace now" Syll really had no idea if her loss was recent or not, but it only felt proper to say that at the moment. In truth he didn't expect her to have been married before, though in retrospective it wasn't strange to hear that a good-looking lady like her to be asked in marriage.

"Hmph, you both are almost as devoid of fun as my own father."

He had to hide a little snicker coming out of his mouth, Sheera's reaction was quite humorous, sort of reminded him of his tomboyish mother, even.

"Enthrusian...? Ain't that... the place with funny pyramids? Sorry uhm... sir? Uhm, we don't have such tea, but I can bring you some other drink if you so desire!"

"Ah, sorry - just regular Mint Tea will do. Cold, that is." the Sobekan sighed before placing his attention upon the aromas emanating from the dish presented. His stomach grumbled audibly as Dakarai quickly began gulping down the meal in a rather ravenous succession.

He then looked over to see the majority of the expedition team already descending into a drunkenly manner, singing and chanting in a merry tone. Dakarai was not the type to get drunk often, but nonetheless a day such seemed mildly appropriate.

"A glass of wine as well, please?" he then called out to the staff as he inched closer to listen in on the conversation.

Last edited:
"O-oh, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I'm sure he must be in peace now"
"Thank you for your kind words, Syllannan." Kastalli offered him a gentle smile as she placed her hand on his forearm as a gesture of gratitude. "It has been quite some time since his passing. I suppose leaving my homeland was my way of moving on." She watched Gsera storm off with a huff, disappointed that neither of them would drink with her. Had it only been the three of them as a group, perhaps she would consider drinking with her but as it is, the woman had plenty of other companions to drink with. Namely Devereaux who had made his presence immediately known as he entered the tavern. She considered speaking with the jester in hopes of performing a piece together but...she simply couldn't steal him away, not when Gsera was off looking for another drinking partner.

Reaching for her own mug - filled with water of course, she took a small sip before turning her attention back to Syllannan. "To think Skæg is our second destination on route…" Kastalli let out a small sigh, her ears flattening in the process. "I did not wish to return so soon but if we must…"

Syllannan felt identified a lot with what Kastalli was saying.
"oh I share your sentiment, it was really hard leaving my home too, but I believed that I had to keep going" he gazed at the reflection of his cup. "I thought that the farther I was from Ællgan, the easier it would be to not miss it... Yet where am I tasked to travel to just a couple weeks after leaving my Homeland of Brannoria?" He drank down the rest of his drink, then looked at Kastalli with a slightly saddened face. "Destiny can have quite the strange sense of humor sometimes"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back